Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm watching right now. Does anyone else see those ratty extensions laying on Steffy's back when she's talking to Sally at the coffee place? They look so cheap and awful!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I'm watching right now. Does anyone else see those ratty extensions laying on Steffy's back when she's talking to Sally at the coffee place? They look so cheap and awful!

Spot on description of Puffy

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 7

What was with the Sally/Steffy pseudo Kum ba yah?  We could have been friends?  Steffy really doesn't do friends, she just does frenemies.  Steffy will lash out at any perceived threat in a heartbeat.  

I'm starting to totally love Coco. Finally somebody who respects the sanctity of the CEO office. Or maybe she is just not that into RJ.  I think her facial expressions, after the kiss, was leading me to that conclusion. Also, Coco had a great line after RJ, beat his so called chest, proclaimed that one day he will be the boss by saying she's not going to be an intern for 20 years.  

Maya, please go away.  

• Love 8

What did Sally say to Steffy today? It was the line that started out about how everything the Forresters do is of "museum quality." (Uh, that's debatable. I'd say more along the lines of Jerry Springer or The Daily Mail.) Anyway, the last part of the sentence sounded like "something ... your cheekbones." I replayed it four times and still couldn't make it. out. Sigh ... old age and hearing is going. If that was what she said, it seems like a bad joke on JMW and more evidence that TIIC lurk here.  Anyway, yeah, why the sudden change of heart by Steffy?  Trying to reprise Sally 1.0 and Stephanie 1.0 with those two is going to fall flat. At least SF and DC were pretty evenly matched talent-wise. This Sally can clearly act rings around Steffy and that isn't saying a whole lot.

I will express an UO here but I am bored to tears with the Sally/Thomas/Spectra SL.  Sally and Thomas are pretty to look at and tragic and all but sadly, I think it's the lack of acting skills by the pair that is making me not care. The actress who plays Sally isn't that bad but unfortunately, I think PF drags her down.  Also, the actress who plays Shirley (sorry, don't know their names yet) is so experienced  and dominant that she has just bulldozed over everybody involved in that story arc. It's definitely no the "Sally Spectra show" any longer. I guess that nothing will measure up to Thorne and Macy when it comes to a Spectra-Forrester romance but look what the show had to work with back then.

Darlita is cute but she can't play the lovable ditz (with some actual hidden brains) like the old Darla and this Saul is indeed getting creepy. The actor has a very "stagey" presence about him like he has a strong theatre background.

The whole thing is so contrived. What made for maybe a convincing and interesting story back in the 90s is falling flat today. Even with the incorporation of the "high-tech" cameras in Coco's jewelry angle, it's just ridiculous.  There are so many other ways to either pirate designs or come up with your own or hire from the "dime a dozen" designers. Some of the stuff Sally 1.0 and Darla would pull off to get in to FC and steal designs was actually funny at times but not this. The extra layer of ick is Coco and RJ.  I'm afraid this is the groundwork being laid for a summer teen romance front-burner for when school ends here in about six weeks or so.

This departure from Bill/Brooke/Eric/Ridge/Quinn/Katie also means more or Maya and Nicole. How dare can those two be condescending (Maya mainly) to Coco when these two are nothing more than a homewrecker and blackmailer?

P.S. That gown, whether in red or blue if fugly!  Please bring back the HoD (Hexagon of Doom!)

• Love 9
On 2017-04-11 at 8:03 PM, AussieBabe said:

The Spectras do realise that designers have more than one runway show per year, right? What is their solution once Coco gets fired and/or arrested? I am pretty sure she is going to be the fall person because ignorance is never an excuse when it comes to criminal things. What are they going to do when a department store is like we want this dress with xyz changes with xyz material and such? It is like trying to recapture the magic but not knowing the secret formula.

I am fed up with Grams and her emotional blackmailing. It sickens me to watch somebody berate somebody they claim to love. Sally 1.0 was many things, but I cannot imagine her ever telling Macy or CJ that they were poor, less than anybody because of money, and all that shit she just spewed out. Please get rid of her. I am glad she was not in the opening credits. Kick her to the curb and give Ashleigh Brewer a real storyline instead of her being Steffy's right hand woman and flunkie.

And I am pissed that Sally is willing to steal from somebody she claims to love. Where is your backbone and conscience? Those designs do not look like anything she would have even produced if we are going by the first flop of a show. This storyline is annoying on so many levels. Ugh.

Kudos to Bill for being a smart cookie and even putting the idea out there that Sally might be stealing the designs from the Forresters. 

I feel the same, it's sickening to see Grams telling Sally that she's not good enough, that stealing is in her blood, that her parents dumped her, and so on, and so on. And for all the "Spectra legacy" nonsense that Shirley is spewing, she is VERY VERY VERY different from the Original Sally Spectra in this regard. In fact, she is the polar opposite of her sister.

Original Sally worked very hard and did everything she could to give Macy a good life and make sure she'd fit in with the rich and famous and their wealthy lifestyle - sending her to private schools, buying her expensive stuff, making sure she got into the right social circles, and so on. Sally raised Macy to be completely comfortable interacting with the likes of Forresters and taught her she deserved nothing but the best.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, grisgris said:

What did Sally say to Steffy today? It was the line that started out about how everything the Forresters do is of "museum quality." (Uh, that's debatable. I'd say more along the lines of Jerry Springer or The Daily Mail.) Anyway, the last part of the sentence sounded like "something ... your cheekbones." I replayed it four times and still couldn't make it. out. Sigh ... old age and hearing is going. If that was what she said, it seems like a bad joke on JMW and more evidence that TIIC lurk here.  Anyway, yeah, why the sudden change of heart by Steffy?  Trying to reprise Sally 1.0 and Stephanie 1.0 with those two is going to fall flat. At least SF and DC were pretty evenly matched talent-wise. This Sally can clearly act rings around Steffy and that isn't saying a whole lot.

I will express an UO here but I am bored to tears with the Sally/Thomas/Spectra SL.  Sally and Thomas are pretty to look at and tragic and all but sadly, I think it's the lack of acting skills by the pair that is making me not care. The actress who plays Sally isn't that bad but unfortunately, I think PF drags her down.  Also, the actress who plays Shirley (sorry, don't know their names yet) is so experienced  and dominant that she has just bulldozed over everybody involved in that story arc. It's definitely no the "Sally Spectra show" any longer. I guess that nothing will measure up to Thorne and Macy when it comes to a Spectra-Forrester romance but look what the show had to work with back then.

Darlita is cute but she can't play the lovable ditz (with some actual hidden brains) like the old Darla and this Saul is indeed getting creepy. The actor has a very "stagey" presence about him like he has a strong theatre background.

The whole thing is so contrived. What made for maybe a convincing and interesting story back in the 90s is falling flat today. Even with the incorporation of the "high-tech" cameras in Coco's jewelry angle, it's just ridiculous.  There are so many other ways to either pirate designs or come up with your own or hire from the "dime a dozen" designers. Some of the stuff Sally 1.0 and Darla would pull off to get in to FC and steal designs was actually funny at times but not this. The extra layer of ick is Coco and RJ.  I'm afraid this is the groundwork being laid for a summer teen romance front-burner for when school ends here in about six weeks or so.

This departure from Bill/Brooke/Eric/Ridge/Quinn/Katie also means more or Maya and Nicole. How dare can those two be condescending (Maya mainly) to Coco when these two are nothing more than a homewrecker and blackmailer?

P.S. That gown, whether in red or blue if fugly!  Please bring back the HoD (Hexagon of Doom!)

The actor playing Saul does indeed have a musical theatre background. There are clips online of him singing (and he is very talented - I'd say one of the top 5 singers/performers on B&B all-time, possibly even top 3). He could totally steal the show if they let him.

• Love 9

As I was watching yesterday's episode I began to wonder if Sally was brought on to be Thomas' love interest or Steffy's.  All that Steffy ass-kissing was more than a bit much.  Even Steffy looked a bit uncomfortable and nobody loves getting her ass kissed more than Steffy.  It's clear that Sally doesn't really know anything about Ms. Steffy or the Forresters because she would never look up to them the way she does.  Especially that little gutter-snipe, Steffy Forrester.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 11

What manner of Tom Fuckery goes on here?

Saul, morphing into a psycho gift stealer; Steffy not only being nice but almost pleasant. 

Alex Wyse is really showing us some range. That wild eyed look he had as he read Thomas's message and opened the present looked completely genuine. I did giggle a little though as he stood "toe to toe" with Thomas for that wannabe throw down. 

Thanks Videnbas for that clip; surprises do often come in small packages. 

Now Steffy, getting past the cake fight is one thing, but almost asking Sally to be friends? That was some truly weird shit. 

I'm beginning to think Sally and Coco would have been better off taking their chances in the foster care system. I know it is no comparison, but I foster doggies, and let me tell you, after stepping up to take them in, I wouldn't turn around and say stuff like "You owe me!", "I have sacrificed for you!", "You are not good enough to socialize with those Pure Breed Poodles, you are a Pit Bull!" Shirley has even stooped so low as to intimate that mom and dad left because of Sally and Coco. Are they trying to make her so reprehensible that we won't be mad at Sally for going along? Shirley just kept on brow beating the girl, and I guess when you hear this from the person who raised you, who gave you the only security and love you have ever known, you eventually start to believe it. But I think Shirley has bigger fish to fry. I think she has a bug up her ass about how her sister was treated, even though Sally 1.0 became close with Stephanie and Eric, she still wants to foster a climate of hate and class snobbery by pounding the "We are Spectra's, and just aren't good enough!" drum. Someone needs to get ole Shirley some help ASAP. 

And talk about a short sighted plan; where will the next collection come from? Coco will undoubtedly be fired from FC's, and in all probability, will be prosecuted for a crime she knew nothing about. So what about her future Shirley? Oh, that's right, Coco is a Spectra, and you are just nudging her down the path she was born to. God forbid you would want better for her, and let her intern and learn the business. I mean Sally is one thing, you have got her so fucked up in the head, but Sally stills knows what is happening, and is older and stronger than Coco. 

If I were the Forrester's I wouldn't even recognize those dresses as mine. Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake? If after all this work to get Coco to "steal" and Sally breaking up with Thomas; if the Forrester's don't even realize it is their designs? 

I work with several gentlemen who wear loafers with no socks. When I attend meetings with these men I purposely sit on the other side or end of the table whenever I can. I don't care what spray or powder they are putting in those shoes; there isn't anything gonna eradicate the funk of bare feet sweating in leather shoes on a hot August day. Just sayin Thomas. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14

My ability to tolerate watching this show doesn't last very long.  It used to be months before I'd get sick of it and take break.  Now it's days.  Brad Bell's views of the working classes and the 1% is especially insulting.  Does he really think the latter got to where they are by being nice guys?  Please. 

The whole "lets steal ballgown designs" (which is a very tiny segment of the fashion industry) to make cheap knockoffs plot is fucking stupid.  It's like one step forward, two steps back with these writers.  They create a good scenario or a good character or a good pairing (or more likely stumble into them) in which the conflict, drama and humor could write itself ... and then screw it all up with regurgitated drivel.

• Love 14

I've been a floral designer 25 yrs. I am Flummoxed by the wrist corsage! I'm sorry is it the goddamn Prom, RJ? Coco regarded it with disdain also. Yeesh. Maybe its a new trend that hasn't made it to my redNeck of the Woods? (It was a Reallly pretty one though, very well made, as was the all white arrgment on the table)

Also, Grandma, Take your Meds.

• Love 7
On 4/12/2017 at 2:09 PM, SweePea59 said:

Saulie is starting to scare me. Is there a profiler in the house? Should we be scared?

Has he gone full on Aly and talks to himself or sees floating heads? If they reveal a Sally shrine complete with candles and Thomas doll with clothing stick pins stuck in the head and crotch, then I'll worry.

But given he has talent and Broadway training , dropping Saul Jr. after a 3 month stint may be the best thing for the actor! Let him go out on a blaze of stalker maniac glory that of course sends Sally running back into Thomas's arms after the trauma.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, grisgris said:

Anyway, yeah, why the sudden change of heart by Steffy?  Trying to reprise Sally 1.0 and Stephanie 1.0 with those two is going to fall flat. At least SF and DC were pretty evenly matched talent-wise. This Sally can clearly act rings around Steffy and that isn't saying a whole lot.

Apart from that, it took the better part of two DECADES to get to that point. It wasn't like Spectra and FC became bosom buddies the week after the Queen Mary showing. 

3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Shirley has even stooped so low as to intimate that mom and dad left because of Sally and Coco. Are they trying to make her so reprehensible that we won't be mad at Sally for going along?

Knowing these writers? Probably. They kinda did the same thing with Amber and her trashy mom, who convinced her to leave LA near her due date and switch her cousin's baby with the stillborn one she had. Tawny was in the driver's seat and it sure helped me feel some sympathy for her.

That said, Sally isn't Amber. She has ambition and grit and now with the rebooted Thomas who is 100 percent less creepy than at any point after being SORASed the first time, she's got real love too. She's got more to lose than Amber has, so I'm hoping she'll tell Grams to kick rocks ASAP.

This, among many other reasons, is why ditching Sasha was a mistake. Imagine if Papa Avant (who seemed to have turned a corner where she is concerned at the wedding) and Shirley were to get into it about their kids' love lives per B&B tradition. They are both strong capable actors that could play off of one another very well, with Julius supporting Sasha as he sees his own attitude reflected in Shirley.

3 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Has he gone full on Aly and talks to himself or sees floating heads? If they reveal a Sally shrine complete with candles and Thomas doll with clothing stick pins stuck in the head and crotch, then I'll worry.

But given he has talent and Broadway training , dropping Saul Jr. after a 3 month stint may be the best thing for the actor! Let him go out on a blaze of stalker maniac glory that of course sends Sally running back into Thomas's arms after the trauma.

This show seems to get a ton of musical talent. The girl who plays Phoebe is classically trained, and even auditioned for a role in the movie version of Les Miserablés. And then, there's Karla Mosley and Bobbie Eakes before that...

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10

Even though he's acting like a prick, I laugh anytime $Bill fondles his little model building.    

Was it my imagination or were they planting the seeds for a Wyatt/Sally/Thomas triangle today ?

• Love 10

Wow, did I do a mini Rip Van Winkle and awoke to find RJ 18 and graduated from HS?  Or did RJ find Dr Brown's DeLoren?
Coco to Sally:  I might be getting ahead of things but RJ could be my boyfriend.  Right then I heard hundreds of toilets flushing.  With a grandmother like that, I'm wondering why Sally and Coco don't have a drinking problem. Your whale shit, you will always be whale shit so don't even try to become dog shit.  Grandma, think about it. Sally marries Thomas and you will have all the access to the Forester like the Avants.  They may even put you up in a seedy motel room and get you a job at the DMV. 

When Bill was fondling his building I was expecting water to shoot out of the top. (Yes, I went there). 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Even though he's acting like a prick, I laugh anytime $Bill fondles his little model building.    

Was it my imagination or were they planting the seeds for a Wyatt/Sally/Thomas triangle today ?

It IS Phallic and shiny.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

I'd like him to fondle MY building ??

As for the triangle....well, it would happen eventually because B&B, but I'm all for Wyatt having a shot st someone who won't wake up in love with Ridge Liam in six months. For the time being, she doesn't even know he exists. I'm okay with the two characters never interacting with one another so that Sally doesn't become ruined like every other woman in his buttery, syrupy orbit. 

Worst case scenario,Wyatt's attention on Sally awakens the green eyed beast living inside Steffy and she'll become Tally's biggest cheerleader AND leave Waffles hanging dry as his insecurity festers. Best case, We get Sallatt  (???) and the writers consider bringing Sasha back after reading about how much we at Previously.tv miss her.....

...no takers on that ? Anyone? Bueller? ;)

It'll also be the first triangle I can remember in far too long (the first in this entire decade!) where all three parties are unrelated and none of them grew up as step siblings, so I'm down for that aspect. Genetic diversity FTW!

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 19

I've been out of town at a conference so only got to watch a few bits and pieces but I absolutely think they're going to go with a Wyatt/Sally/Thomas triangle because of the scene where Wyatt was gazing at Sally's picture online. 

And wouldn't that be a dilemma for Bill - choosing between his shiny phallic tower and his son's happiness. 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I've been out of town at a conference so only got to watch a few bits and pieces but I absolutely think they're going to go with a Wyatt/Sally/Thomas triangle because of the scene where Wyatt was gazing at Sally's picture online. 

And wouldn't that be a dilemma for Bill - choosing between his shiny phallic tower and his son's happiness. 

Shiny phallic tower and Liam for the win! Wyatt who?!?

• Love 7

I was coming here to echo the same thoughts on Wyatt and Sally.  They'd be OK as a couple and yes, it would be great for Wyatt to finally have a woman who's not fallen under Liam's syrupy spell. The main advantage Tally has going for it is that it is more dra-man-tic with the Romeo and Juliet undertones and they both seem so besotted with each other. Wyatt's relationships always seems to be more about having fun and a shared sense of humor. They also aren't so fraught with romance (in the sense of the word) and sexual tension. Women always seem happier, more relaxed and definitely more empowered when they are with Wyatt. I was going to say that Sally would be too overbearing for Wyatt but then look who he was recently  married to ... Anyway, $Bill's head would explode!

Why couldn't Bill proceed with his plans for his new phallic symbol office complex and relocate SF? He could easily replace Shifty/CJ as a rent-gouging landlord.

I'd be thrilled if Sasha returned, mainly for Thomas and also because she's more convincing as a runway model than Maya is.  I also would be fine with her stirring up tension with Nicole. Not necessarily saying Sasha should make another play for ZZZZende ... but make Nicole uncomfortable with Zende working closely with/photographing Sasha on a daily basis. They only problem with that is all RE can manage to muster in the way of emotions is bitch/pout face so any envy, insecurity, etc., could fall flat.  Not that we'd get much better out of RF.

Otherwise, I hope that FC has moved on to greener pastures.  Speaking of ... I watched that YT clip of Alex Wyse and holy smokes! WTH is he doing in an insipid SL on a daytime drama?  He would have been perfect in something like "Florence Foster Jenkins."

• Love 8

Saw the end live and it was delicious watching Thomas go from proud to betrayed and Sally Jr. from elated to deflated. That was some good soap. Can't wait until Thomas and Slouchy feel the wrath of Steffy when she gets a load of this.

• Love 9

What now grandma?  Who's designs are you going to steel next?  You won't be able to steal from FC anymore. The only thing that could happen is that Thomas comes design for Spectra. I'm hoping that this will end RJ and Coco 
but my guess it will it just create a Romeo & Juliet situation.  As RJ is becoming a product of his father's smugness, Thomas has seemingly become more humble.  With that said, Thomas didn't look all that happy when he realized Sally betrayed him. 

Pop quiz on the opening credits:  Who appears the most times?
Answer:  Katie, 4 times
Brooke, Eric, Bill, Maya, 3 times
Ridge, Steffy, Liam, Rick, Quinn, 2 times

• Love 5
8 hours ago, grisgris said:

was coming here to echo the same thoughts on Wyatt and Sally.  They'd be OK as a couple and yes, it would be great for Wyatt to finally have a woman who's not fallen under Liam's syrupy spell. The main advantage Tally has going for it is that it is more dra-man-tic with the Romeo and Juliet undertones and they both seem so besotted with each other.

Mind you, I wouldn't need Wyatt/Sally to be a permanent thing, but it would be a pleasant enough change to see him interacting with a woman who has class and wouldn't string him along like the Forrester chicks did. 

ETA: Plus, they're both business minded, with Wyatt having helped run Quinn Artisan designs before Bill was in the picture and he knows the struggle of starting fromscratch....something unfamiliar to Thomas.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, politichick said:

And don't forget he just loves sloppy seconds. Does this dude ever get there first?

Nicole. And Wyatt chose pleasing Daddy over a relationship with a sweet girl who was into him. But that was my issue with them, Nicole seemed a bit young for him. While Sasha was the same age, she seemed like she could hang with Wyatt in more ways than Nicole.

I need to see some continued Wyatt/Sally interaction before I could pick a side, but Thomas and Sally acting like they're some great love story after 3 months of intermittent dating? Had they done a cross country roadtrip or been trapped together in a death trap courtesy of Saul or forced to work together to save people on a bus with a bomb on it MAYBE I could buy intense feelings between them and want to root for them, but at the moment she's yet another woman he's sworn love for after mere weeks and Sally is the new Maya who will fade into the background in about 15 more months.

• Love 4

I'm back. While I may not have been posting about the show, I've still been watching it & I've got a lot to say, so brace yourselves:

Re Quinn/Eric, I've never bought Quinn as a "changed" woman with Eric any more than I did with "Adam," so her macking on Ridge doesn't surprise me in the least. Quinn doesn't have to worry about Katie ruining her marriage to Eric because she's doing just fine all by her damn self. Katie has said/done some dumb shit in her life, but even at her drunk-ass, skanky and batshit crazy worst, she has never done to any man what Quinn did to Liam, which is why I'll never feel sorry for her nor Eric, for that matter, who knew who Quinn was and what she's capable of, but married her anyway. I'm not letting Ridge off the hook, either, by a long shot. Ridge's willingness to risk his relationship with Brooke by trying to seduce Quinn into cheating on Eric was bad enough, but developing real feelings for her and kissing her in a public place just hours before he & Brooke were about to remarry for the umpteenth time was disgusting. The way I see it, the only ones who have acted like adults in this whole mess have been Katie and Brooke, whether it was Katie's reading Quinn & Ridge-especially Ridge-for filth, Brooke's dumping Ridge, Brooke's not putting Quinn & Ridge on blast, as much as they deserve it, for Eric's sake or Brooke's not marrying Bill, who IMO doesn't deserve Brooke any more than Ridge does.  I'm going to enjoy the currently independent Brooke while she lasts-which, knowing Bill Bell, won't be long. 

Re Spectra redux, their stealing the Forrester designs was stupid, cruel and criminal, on every level. For all their faults, the Forresters have earned their success. The Forresters have busted their asses for decades and IIRC, they didn't need to steal from other designers to succeed. Speaking of which, Spectra thinking that they could rip off Forrester again and get away with it was insane, illegal and delusional. The Spectras can't just steal forever and expect the world not to notice nor care. As for Sally, she's even tackier than her wardrobe. Sally is not only cheap, she's a spineless hypocrite. Sally claims to be strong and independent, but not when it really matters. Sally claims to love her family, but has no problem betraying her sister Coco, who's a sweet girl who has done nothing to deserve the Hell she's about to catch. Sally has betrayed Coco professionally and personally for weeks and Coco didn't even know it. Sally is so weak that she let one critic's review break her.  Instead of ripping off Forrester, Sally should have just gone rogue, shown her own designs and took her chances. If the critics hated them, then so be it. At least Sally would have "died" on her own terms. BTW, I am totally on the Shirley Hate Train. Shirley is the worst, to say the least. Shirley is a mentally and emotionally abusive bully who has done such a number on Sally that Sally has taken leave of what few senses she has. Because Sally took Shirley's advice, Spectra will soon be a joke and a pariah all over again. I'm also tired of Shirley's using poverty to justify theft. There are plenty of people who are much worse off than the Spectras who wouldn't even think of stooping that low to get what they want, let alone do it. Original Sally made mistakes, but she would never treat her kids like Shirley has treated Sally and Coco. Original Sally believed that her kids not only deserved the best things in life, they were the best part of it. If Sally loved Coco, Thomas or even herself as much as she thinks she does, then this never would have happened in the first place. If Sally had any real guts, then she not only never would have let this scam happen, she would have fired Shirley, who, knowing her, would have pleaded with Sally to listen to her, but Sally would have said something like, "You know, I did listen to you and I lost Coco, I lost Thomas and any credibility I could have had in this business because of it, but no more. I'm gonna get them all back, the right way, no matter how long it takes. If you wanna help me, fine; if not, then you had better stay out of my way from now on or I won't even let on on the parking lot of this place again, you sleazy, selfish, hateful old BITCH!!"

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Sally is so weak that she let one critic's review break her.  Instead of ripping off Forrester, Sally should have just gone rogue, shown her own designs and took her chances. If the critics hated them, then so be it. At least Sally would have "died" on her own terms.

I was so hoping this was going to happen and am disappointed that it didn't.  Why is Brad Bell is going this route with Sally?  It's predictable, unnecessary, stupid and insulting.  It would've been much more exciting for Sally to do her own thing and secure herself as an up and coming designer.  Screwing Bill out of the opportunity to build his shiny phallic symbol would've been a wonderful bonus.

• Love 10

I think it is an okay storyline, but I never saw the original Spectra.  What I don't  get is, if you are going to steal designs, why keep hinting at it with
Thomas, Steffy and Coco.  You need to keep a straight face.  Sally 2.0 is telling everyone before it even happens.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, DollEyes said:

I'm back. While I may not have been posting about the show, I've still been watching it & I've got a lot to say, so brace yourselves:

Re Quinn/Eric, I've never bought Quinn as a "changed" woman with Eric any more than I did with "Adam," so her macking on Ridge doesn't surprise me in the least. Quinn doesn't have to worry about Katie ruining her marriage to Eric because she's doing just fine all by her damn self. Katie has said/done some dumb shit in her life, but even at her drunk-ass, skanky and batshit crazy worst, she has never done to any man what Quinn did to Liam, which is why I'll never feel sorry for her nor Eric, for that matter, who knew who Quinn was and what she's capable of, but married her anyway. I'm not letting Ridge off the hook, either, by a long shot. Ridge's willingness to risk his relationship with Brooke by trying to seduce Quinn into cheating on Eric was bad enough, but developing real feelings for her and kissing her in a public place just hours before he & Brooke were about to remarry for the umpteenth time was disgusting. The way I see it, the only ones who have acted like adults in this whole mess have been Katie and Brooke, whether it was Katie's reading Quinn & Ridge-especially Ridge-for filth, Brooke's dumping Ridge, Brooke's not putting Quinn & Ridge on blast, as much as they deserve it, for Eric's sake or Brooke's not marrying Bill, who IMO doesn't deserve Brooke any more than Ridge does.  I'm going to enjoy the currently independent Brooke while she lasts-which, knowing Bill Bell, won't be long. 

Re Spectra redux, their stealing the Forrester designs was stupid, cruel and criminal, on every level. For all their faults, the Forresters have earned their success. The Forresters have busted their asses for decades and IIRC, they didn't need to steal from other designers to succeed. Speaking of which, Spectra thinking that they could rip off Forrester again and get away with it was insane, illegal and delusional. The Spectras can't just steal forever and expect the world not to notice nor care. As for Sally, she's even tackier than her wardrobe. Sally is not only cheap, she's a spineless hypocrite. Sally claims to be strong and independent, but not when it really matters. Sally claims to love her family, but has no problem betraying her sister Coco, who's a sweet girl who has done nothing to deserve the Hell she's about to catch. Sally has betrayed Coco professionally and personally for weeks and Coco didn't even know it. Sally is so weak that she let one critic's review break her.  Instead of ripping off Forrester, Sally should have just gone rogue, shown her own designs and took her chances. If the critics hated them, then so be it. At least Sally would have "died" on her own terms. BTW, I am totally on the Shirley Hate Train. Shirley is the worst, to say the least. Shirley is a mentally and emotionally abusive bully who has done such a number on Sally that Sally has taken leave of what few senses she has. Because Sally took Shirley's advice, Spectra will soon be a joke and a pariah all over again. I'm also tired of Shirley's using poverty to justify theft. There are plenty of people who are much worse off than the Spectras who wouldn't even think of stooping that low to get what they want, let alone do it. Original Sally made mistakes, but she would never treat her kids like Shirley has treated Sally and Coco. Original Sally believed that her kids not only deserved the best things in life, they were the best part of it. If Sally loved Coco, Thomas or even herself as much as she thinks she does, then this never would have happened in the first place. If Sally had any real guts, then she not only never would have let this scam happen, she would have fired Shirley, who, knowing her, would have pleaded with Sally to listen to her, but Sally would have said something like, "You know, I did listen to you and I lost Coco, I lost Thomas and any credibility I could have had in this business because of it, but no more. I'm gonna get them all back, the right way, no matter how long it takes. If you wanna help me, fine; if not, then you had better stay out of my way from now on or I won't even let on on the parking lot of this place again, you sleazy, selfish, hateful old BITCH!!"

Excellent comment!

I like Quinn but I can't deny a word that you said about her.  I was really hoping that we were getting a REAL redemption story line with Quinn.  That she knew that she had serious mental problems and had committed numerous crimes and felt TRUE remorse.  I know that doesn't mean much in the criminal justice system but this IS a soap.  I was hoping that TRUE love had made her see how damaged she was and she was working to try to heal herself and try and make amends for the damage she'd done.  Instead we got THIS.

You wrote a POEM about Spectra II:  Electric Boogaloo.  I was positive that Sally was going to dry her tears after reading that ONE review, roll up her sleeves and settle down to design HER clothes, HER way.  Spectra would have another fashion show and this time the critic would have the guts to tell the truth.  That would have been a good story and shown true respect to Spectra history.  I have no idea what's going on here.  I get the feeling that there's some hidden reason why Shirley is being so hard on the girls; maybe some rich man done her wrong.  But it could just be that the actor playing the part is very good and is trying to hint at some motivation for Shirley's vileness.  Who knows.

Sally and Thomas were a sweet couple but I have a sinking feeling that Wyatt is going to be thrown into the mix and it's going to be Love Triangle #896,987,928.  Why can't Wyatt get his own damn woman?

• Love 9
22 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I like Quinn but I can't deny a word that you said about her.  I was really hoping that we were getting a REAL redemption story line with Quinn.  That she knew that she had serious mental problems and had committed numerous crimes and felt TRUE remorse.  I know that doesn't mean much in the criminal justice system but this IS a soap.  I was hoping that TRUE love had made her see how damaged she was and she was working to try to heal herself and try and make amends for the damage she'd done.  Instead we got THIS.

I knew Queric was a token bandaid to reflect against the backlash against Captive Cabin, which had the added benefit of being caught in the wake of The Misunderstanding(tm).

The sole redeeming factor of their beginning (if you can call it that) were the strength of the actors involved and the fact that Steffy was their biggest, loudest detractor. But TIIC sure didn't do any legwork to build that up at all. Not even a basic "hey, I'm lonely and so are you" moment like Eric and Donna got, a week after her and Thorne's failed wedding attempt. 

Ad someone else mentioned, it's hard to feel that sorry for Eric when he knew what Quinn did to Liam and still thought it was a good idea to go full steam ahead....to say nothing of the countless other times thinking with his dick has led him into trouble, not the least of that being him sleeping with Stephanie Douglas when he already had a sweetheart.

Oh yeah. I said it . ?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12

I am crushed, angry and disappointed. After investing in all these new characters, and lighting a fire of excitement under my ass, Show lets me down by doing a “knockoff” of the original SL. And a really, really cheap knockoff to boot. I wanted so badly to see Sally stand on her own and, success or failure, at least she could hold her head up. I know Sally wasn’t driving, but she was still an eager passenger, who has stabbed Thomas’s good will in the back, and has ripped the rug right out from under Coco. I wanted to like Sally so much; there are so few female characters I have liked on the B&B, and she was new and refreshing. Oh, Sally girl, you are about to learn a thing or two or three about success. Success by any means other than honorable is empty and meaningless. Success by stealing or lying or cheating is hollow, and only a hollow person can revel in it, and you certainly were reveling. I mean really, “designer extraordinaire?” Come to think of it though, I never once saw Sally put pencil to sketch pad for any of those gowns. Saul printed out the image and then he went and did a new “design” based on that image, and then it went to the sewing room. So that makes Sally an even bigger fraud. I am so fucking furious they have done this.

So, Shirley is in charge now? I much preferred Sally being the leader, but I guess you can’t have a vet like Patrika Darbo running a sideline role. And she was ok at the beginning too, but man have they ever demonized this character. She is the worst of the worst. No scruples, no morals, no ethics, no loyalty, and a grudge holding, class conscious emotional blackmailer, who has horribly bullied her granddaughter. And what she has done to Coco is even worse. Coco had a chance, a chance given to her by the very people Shirley says are so terrible; Coco didn’t seem to be hating the job though. She seemed happy, and was learning new things, and was excited for her future. I have no doubt that everyone will eventually find out that Coco was used, and was not a part of this fucked up mess, but all the same, she will always carry a scarlet mark because of what has happened. And this is what Shirley doesn’t get; even though Coco has been getting the side eye from some folks over at FC’s, it is more of a watch and see type thing, and Coco’s natural goodness and charm is starting to win some of them over. It isn’t as if everyone has been walking by Coco as if she were invisible, or they can’t be bothered. Everyone has been pleasant despite what they might believe. But now? Coco being an innocent victim may bring some compassion, but any chance she had to intern at Forrester is over. And I would suspect that any chance she had with RJ is as well. Shirley had no damn right to screw with her future that way. I am so fucking furious.

And what exactly is the deal with Thomas? This character is the oldest son of the show’s original leading man, and he has never had a satisfying romance. And after years of going out of their way to destroy the character, they finally put him with someone who made sense, and were allowing him to grow a nice, believable romance. OH, but then his baby’s momma returned with baby at the ready, and was looking for some family action that never came to fruition. Promising romance #1 thrown away for nothing, and a good actress gone. Then you bless us with the Spectra’s, and a sassy, silly, and vivacious new Sally, and once again Thomas finds himself in a bright new romance. And now this. PF did well in those last scenes; I could clearly see when his look turned from happiness and excitement to disbelief and disgust, while Sally kinda looked like what the fuck ever dude, I did it and I won, so there. I am so fucking furious about this.

Bill and his Phallic Tower are starting to pluck my last nerve. And when did Wyatt become such a mini-me? I know he has always tried to please his dad, but seriously? Wyatt is totally bringing the rich, spoiled son who has a differing opinion, who knows in his heart that what his dad is doing sucks balls in a majorly big way, who knows his dad will cross any line to get what he wants, but just sits back and lets him have at it while dropping little comments about how that shit just might not be right. I don’t want to see Wyatt and Sally. The only good thing about it is that Liam didn’t get there first. But the fact remains that Wyatt will once again be taking up with someone who’s heart belongs to another. He will be fighting Thomas’s ghost, and yeah, Wyatt is a Spencer, and a Forrester by marriage, but he isn’t Thomas Forrester the designer, Thomas Forrester the son of Ridge Forrester, Thomas Forrester the grandson of Eric Forrester. No, he is Wyatt Fuller Spencer, the illegitimate son of Bill Spencer, the man who wants to tear down the Spectra building, and Quinn Fuller a known lunatic. A guy who has been intimately involved with three of his brother’s ex’s. A guy still struggling with his great love for Steffy Forrester, the daughter of Ridge Forrester, and Thomas Forrester’s sister. And Wyatt’s new Opie coif is really gonna blur the waters. Every time I see Wyatt now I want to put him in permanent time out for being a bad boy and getting that fucked up hairdo. Yeah, you may have resembled a Cockatoo before, but at least I wouldn’t be expecting to hear “Ah shucks Miss Sally, but I think you'er real pretty.” I am so fucking furious about this.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 15

Here's something funny to kick off the week and yet further evidence that TIIC read our comments.

I splurged for Easter and instead of buying myself unneeded candy (well ONE Russell Stover strawberry creme egg!) I bought the People B&B 30th anniversary special edition.

There is a small feature on each character. Part of TK's follow below:

P: You play a fashion designer. Has the role rubbed off?

TK: No. You should see me roll into work in the morning.

Also ... "... by the time they figured out the guy they hired was 30 lbs heavier and looked older, I'd already signed the contract (laughs!)"

Alas, poor RM is relegated to the back section of the magazine where there are many pages devoted to the hunky bods (men only) throughout the years. It is the only photo I've ever seen of him where he actually looks somewhat "beefy." Those pages alone are worthy the "price of admission!" Hee!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I am crushed, angry and disappointed. After investing in all these new characters, and lighting a fire of excitement under my ass, Show lets me down by doing a “knockoff” of the original SL. And a really, really cheap knockoff to boot. I wanted so badly to see Sally stand on her own and, success or failure, at least she could hold her head up.

Word!  All that potential down the drain!  I'm back to not watching...although I'll check in here to see what happens.  Hopefully Shirley will get caught in a Malibu mudslide.

• Love 4

Jared needs to get off his high horse since he sacrificed his journalistic integrity by letting Bill write a fake review under his by-line, a review which started the ball rolling re: the design theft. Not excusing or mitigating what the Spectras said, just saying...

• Love 13

Thomas "loves" Sally?  They basically just met.  (Did he tell Sasha he loved her?) Why do the writers always have to go overboard just for the sake of drama?

Coco and RJ are close to Nicole and Zzzzende in terms of how much I care about them, which is to say not at all.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

Thomas "loves" Sally?  They basically just met.  (Did he tell Sasha he loved her?) Why do the writers always have to go overboard just for the sake of drama?

Coco and RJ are close to Nicole and Zzzzende in terms of how much I care about them, which is to say not at all.

Not surprised. This is the same show that had Maya and Carter engaged without ever having dated. The writers weren't invested in Sasha otherwise Thomas would have proclaimed his love. Quinn fell in love with Waffles in the course of a week during the Captive Cabin™ debacle. Last week Sally thought it best to end things now since their relationship was in the "just getting started" phase. Now she claims she fell in love with him back in Australia? GMAFB

ETA: Brooke and her Daenerys Targaryen shade of blonde just about seared my corneas

Brooke-RJ-gape-BB-HW.jpg

Edited by tricknasty
Exhibit A
  • Love 9

Hold on Thomas, isn't stealing the dreams of someone you love the mantra of the Forester family?  Come to think of it, it's also the mantra of the Spencers and Logans 

It seems the buyer don't give a crap if they can get FC designs at a cheaper price.  Spectra has stolen designs from FC in the past and have not got into trouble so I don't expect trouble this time because Spectra made some design changes.  Also, from what I've read, knockoffs are not subject to copyright laws.  

The only fallout will be between Sally/Thomas and Coco/RJ. I'm all for the latter. I'm wondering if RJ was a 16 year old girl and Coco a 19 year old boy would Brooke be in favor of the relationship?  Well, it's Brooke we are talking about. 

• Love 4

That kid who plays the role of RJ is almost as bad as Ron Moss was. He hasn't improved one iota since the first day he came on the show.  The girl who plays Coco is so much better than he is that it really accentuates his shortcomings when he's in a scene with her. Time for a recast, B&B. 

• Love 6

Dear Bell Family,

Please let tomorrow be the day that Rick & Maya figure out that the broach that Maya borrowed from Coco was bugged, & please, please, please let us see their faces when they realize that there could potentially be a naughty-tape of them, floating around the interwebs. I know it's not real justice, but seeing them squirm  in potential embarrassment wouldn't make for a bad lunch hour.

Sincerely,

Everyone who's still waiting for their comeuppance 

• Love 20
57 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

That kid who plays the role of RJ is almost as bad as Ron Moss was. He hasn't improved one iota since the first day he came on the show.  The girl who plays Coco is so much better than he is that it really accentuates his shortcomings when he's in a scene with her. Time for a recast, B&B. 

That and the slouching totally turns me off :/

• Love 4

Once again can someone please explain to me why Maya is even there?  Maya, our designs?  What the fuck do you or even Rick have to do with designs.  

Oh shit, RJ forgave Coco.  That's worse than Maya thinking she's important.  It's just like the Foresters to need a room full of Foresters to bully a teenage girl.  Of course RJ is not to be blamed for showing the designs, to Coco, in the first place.  

Brooke actually spoke to that fact that Eric and Stephanie could do nothing about it in the past. I don't know how the writers are going to handle this now, but if anything is going to be done legally, they will be pulling shit out of their asses. Technically nothing can be done because there were changes to the designs and since there were changes, Spectra would say that their designs were only inspired by FC.  This is legal.  Another point was that even though Spectra was outed as knockoffs, buyers couldn't give a crap. 

• Love 8