Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

grisgris, you weren't the only one silently cheering for Katie to keep walking straight into the ocean, if only to get a break from the constant whining/tempted to drink/I'm ok, you're ok vicious cycle. 

But Katie, or should I say, HT really got to me, too, in those final scenes with Liam. It was so raw and seemed so real, you almost have to wonder if real-life HT is going (or has gone) through something similar.

I wouldn't mind one bit if Liam and Katie's bond (her, "you're my friend" almost broke my heart) turns into something much more. As much as I take issue with Liam and his waffling ways, he is not his father. Thus far, Liam never deliberately sets out to hurt anyone whereas that's exactly what Bill is doing with his cake-eating ways. Because what Katie doesn't know is killing her. 

ITA that it would be poetic justice for both Bill and Steffy and dare I say, Liam and Katie fit far better than Katie does with Bill or Liam does with Steffy.  

• Love 8

What I'd like to see is Katie following through on her threat to Bill to take over Spencer and kick him to the curb.  I want to see Katie grow up, dump the booze, become a better mom and a strong woman.  But, these male writers on soaps hate strong women, so I doubt we will see that.  Can you imagine Katie just kicking the ass of $Bill and putting him on the skids?  

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, Sayla Vee said:

The idea of Liam being the stepfather to his half brother is kind of squicky.

B&B crossed that Bridge decades ago with Ridge playing daddy to Rick (not that anyone would suspect such a thing happened with their pissing contests)

And given all the pairings that have resulted in the wake of Ridge's paternity retcon, this doesn't seem any worse than any of those IMO. My only complaint will be when Steffy eventually divorces Wyatt and Liam will go hit ailing it back and making things even worse for Katie, because Bradley Bell can't quit them.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Off topic but not......whatever happened to Ivy? Was the actress let go? written out? Off contract? I literally forgot about her until until today. I guess I didn't miss her too much. LOL!!!

I know, right? But then, this shows had a history of dropping characters out of thing air. Even Jack Wagner for who it was rumored Darla was killed off to pay for his salary and ate up the story for almost a whole decade just vanished with no fanfare.

• Love 3

Hoo boy. If someone came to me the way Katie did and I knew information Liam does? I'm sorry, I'd snitch on my dad, LOL. First, I'd sit her down, wrap a blanket around her, make her some tea and cookies and THEN spill. Or actually, I'd sit her own, wrap a blanket around her, feed her tea and cookies, call Bill and tell him to get over to my place and then point blank tell him in front of her 'You tell her now or I will.'

They actually set it up well for Liam to 'betray' Bill by telling all to Katie but it come from a well meaning place. Sure, he's also wanting to get his Steffy on over this, but between his talk with Brooke and his interactions with Katie, I believe Liam is concerned about Katie's mental welfare. Nice subtle touches by SC with the way he reacted to her, it was very much like a kid who is a little concerned/afraid of seeing their parent in such emotional straits and wanting to help but not quite knowing how. If Katie and Bill don't break this cycle, Will is gonna be in Liam's spot as the concerned son in about 10 years (or probably 3 years real time with SORASING).

And while I'm intrigued by Latie, I do like the parental figure/son vibe they established with Katie and Liam and the father/son dynamic they have with Bill and Liam. I'm really gonna hate if/when it goes kablooey and we lose both relationships for an ill fated 'comfort' affair. 

• Love 8

Isn't there a little bit of sexism going on with this show?  At the holiday party, the guys were pretty much clothed while the women were in their bikinis.  How about putting the guys in budgee smugglers once in a while?   Equality for all in the costuming department.  

Katie, suck it up. You knew what kind of man you married.  He's a horn dog and wouldn't be faithful to Brooke if they were together.  Dump his shaggy ass, get Spencer Publications, and let Horn Dog and the Golden Cooter live in blissful idiocy.  

• Love 10

I don't get Katie's whinging about Bill and Brooke would never betray her, cuz....um, they already did it once before. And to her marginal credit, Brooke has fought hard (for her) against Bill this time. But knowing this show, she'll get the lion's share of the blame as Bill stands there doing a thousand yard stare doing nothing to defend either one of them.

I guess the waffle doesn't pop out far from the toaster in the Spencer family.

• Love 7

If Bill is not respecting his marriage than why would it give Liam Carte Blanche to disrespect Wyatt's marriage.  One has really nothing to do with the other.  Thomas is another Liam looking for confirmation, from Steffy, to justify trying to steal Caroline from his father. The difference is that Steffy is still in love with Liam but Caroline is  not in love with Thomas. I still think that Caroline only told Ridge that it was consensual just make peace between him and Thomas.  

Bring it HT. I would have love to see her on Y&R instead of AH.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

What I'd like to see is Katie following through on her threat to Bill to take over Spencer and kick him to the curb.  I want to see Katie grow up, dump the booze, become a better mom and a strong woman.  But, these male writers on soaps hate strong women, so I doubt we will see that.  Can you imagine Katie just kicking the ass of $Bill and putting him on the skids?  

100% Bill is straight trash. Gaslighting his wife and the mother of his child because he just can't stop banging her sister. This show will never let it happen, but he deserves to lose the only thing he really cares about, his money to Katie. Maybe a nice feature in all Spencer Publications about how the "stallion" performs more like a show pony. 

But that would be a storyline where a woman isn't constantly humiliating herself for a useless man, and we can't have that. 

• Love 14
(edited)
On July 7, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Waldo13 said:

If Bill is not respecting his marriage than why would it give Liam Carte Blanche to disrespect Wyatt's marriage.  One has really nothing to do with the other.  Thomas is another Liam looking for confirmation, from Steffy, to justify trying to steal Caroline from his father. The difference is that Steffy is still in love with Liam but Caroline is  not in love with Thomas. I still think that Caroline only told Ridge that it was consensual just make peace between him and Thomas.  

Bring it HT. I would have love to see her on Y&R instead of AH.  

I'm glad HT left Y&R when she did. Her Victoria and the one that every HW after Bill Sr's health declined has worked at ruining bit by bit might as well be two different people. Can you see HT simpering to her daddy the way Vikki has done again and again over the last seven or eight years, choosing The Undead Victor Newman over every man in her life? I sure as hell can't. I also try to imagine HT with Billy Miller's Billy Abbot, and I really just can't even. :p

Y&R has long since been undeserving of her talents, regardless of what a confused, waffling git that Katie Logan comes off at.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

Oh, forgot to add: on an entirely shallow note, these last few weeks have been some of the best hairstyles I've seen on Steffy since she first came on the show. I'm totally serious, and today was especially great. If JMW had any extensions in, they were just enough to add to her own hair, which was all one nice, even color. Kudos to whoever is in hair and makeup these few weeks.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, forgot to add: on an entirely shallow note, these last few weeks have been some of the best hairstyles I've seen on Steffy since she first came on the show. I'm totally serious, and today was especially great. If JMW had any extensions in, they were just enough to add to her own hair, which was all one nice, even color. Kudos to whoever is in hair and makeup these few weeks.

I think JMW has found the perfect cut & color. That said, she will mess it up by the end of the summer and do something totally rechid to it.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Agree, and after all the hair bashing I am glad she changed it!!

• Love 5

Brooke brings her foolproof Single Perfect Tear ™ and obsequious body language to gutting another female relative for being incapable of resisting the temptation to announce her sexual availability to a man who glories in no restraints or social conventions.

Brooke will apologize, whimper, and appeal to Katie's better nature to forgive. Brooke will deflect and undercut her responsibility for setting this whole affair in motion with her brother-in-law. Brooke will beg for forgiveness and understanding, because she came clean about the affair that was ruining her sister's peace of mind.

How do you forget the betrayal after you forgive the ones that have betrayed you?

Like the first affair, it get's written away to set you up all over again.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I don't feel sorry for Katie after she stuck her nose in Ridge's business and wreaked havoc on his and Caroline's lives.

I don't either, but my irritation at Brooke's carelessness has been a constant since the first day I ever watched this show. And Bill wants to have his cake and eat it too...Ridge was never a saint, but at least he was capable of remorse and feeling genuinely torn between two women.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I don't feel sorry for Katie after she stuck her nose in Ridge's business and wreaked havoc on his and Caroline's lives.

I think that was the entire purpose of her being inserted there. It never made any sense that Katie would be involved with that mess or even react to of the way she did. Katie was made to be unsympathetic to facilitate Brooke and Bill's horniness. That's all. 

• Love 8

Oh, absolutely: she was a straight-up bull in a china shop about the whole thing, which was the show's way of trying to make her unsympathetic in preparation for the reveal about Brill.

There was just one problem with that plan, in action movie terms: they underestimated Heather Tom.

As well-trod as the territory of Katie blasting Brooke is, HT somehow manages to always make it good and even a little fresh (and it probably helps that the writers intentionally have her slip into her Stephanie-lite mode for the majority of it).  Today's episode was a perfect case in point: Katie got to bring up just about every man Brooke's been involved with, and (get off the forums again, PTB!) the one thing we've almost always railed against: her constant "I didn't mean to hurt anyone" thing.  And, as usual, she wasn't remotely wrong.  If anything, however, this does bring us to the one thing B&B tends to insist on: maintaining the status quo well after it shouldn't in the face of all things, well, insane.  (And/or space filler, which it insists on doing a la Passions.)  This is the point where Katie truly, finally, needs to piss or get off the pot WRT Bill: divorce him, go scorched earth woman-scorned on him, the whole nine yards.  Or forgive him once and for all.  But some actual forward motion is necessary.

The frustrating part is that this is also the final in-show justification for Liam to be a complete dick and go after Steffy while she's still married, and that continues to not sit well with me at frigging all.  Why do you want me to hate Liam, show?

• Love 11
On 07/06/2016 at 8:43 PM, Sayla Vee said:

Heather Tom's last scene with Liam really almost tore me apart.  Heather is such a great actress.  Unfortunately, she plays the role of Katie.  In that case, I snickered as she was contemplating suicide and insanity.  I will never, ever forgive Katie for what she did to my beautiful Bridget.  Karma, Katie, comes to bite you in the behind.

Yaaassss! Katie is a craptastic character, but Heather Tom is so kickass I tuned in this week just to see what she would do with scripts, and I'm glad I did. Emmy-bait, and lather-rinse-repeat for sure, but still entertaining.

Bill may be the hypocrite of the year (which is saying a lot for this show), but him calling Liam out for being (figuratively) Captain Save-a-Ho and changing relationships more than Bill changes his underwear, was freaking hilarious.

Wouldn't it be great if Steffy told Liam that she may still love him, but she's over his waffling ways? Yeah, right. That won't happen, but it would be nice to see.

Overall, it was a pretty good week, which means next week will be crap and I'm back to not watching but reading the wonderful posts here. Thanks in advance.

• Love 11

I'd actually forgotten how incredibly good of an actor HT can be, because Katie is usually such a whiney, insufferable bitch, but man, she's brought down the house this week. This was definitely her Emmy-bait, and it is well-deserved this year. Today, she was incredible, throwing all of Brooke's sluttiness in her face, and killing her with kindness at the end. I almost hate to not have HT & DD work together, because I really enjoy both of them together when the writing for them is there - case in point, $Bill telling Liam that he changes women as often as $Bill changes underwear - but HT has just been knocking it out of the park, & I hope that continues, especially if there is a Liam/Katie coupling, which I can definitely see. There were times this week that I was actually uncomfortable watching Katie's breakdown, because HT was just so raw & real.

Having said all of that, was it just me, or did anyone else momentarily think Katie was going to lip-lock Brooke at the end? Just me? Ok then.

#BrookeCried2TearsSimultaneouslyToday

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

When Katie was saying goodbye to Brooke, almost thought she was going to kill her. With the "I'll remember you ...." lines. 

I thought the same thing for a minute and I was all for at least an attempt. 

In other news: Steffy looked lovely today. Now that her hair and makeup are toned down maybe JMW can use that extra time for an acting class. 

• Love 7

As others have said, "you change relationships more then I change my underwear" was awesome!  When Katie was running down Brooke's list of men and she got to Nick, I really wanted Brooke to say "Oh, you mean your niece's husband who you bonded with over sex & pistachios?"  They're ALL a bunch of hypocrites.

• Love 12

Ugh, TIIC would've been better off leaving him off that list. Neither of their hands are clean, although Katie at least had the excuse of thinking she was dying (to this day, I still have no clue what Nick got outta that boink).

• Love 1

Some thoughts om today's show:

Quinn is absolutely angling, plotting, and scheming to marry Eric and be a 'part of the Forrestersr'.  That phrase she used today was a shout out (warning?)  to all of us.

Loved Bill's 'change my underwear" comment to Liam.  But ... As true as it is it doesn't make up for Bill being a trifling horn dog and wanting his cake and Katie too.

Katie's roll call of Brooke's former lovers was made of win. Katie was spot on with everything she said to Brooke.  Their scene was a thing of beauty and HT has been giving a master class in real, raw, emotional acting this week.

Thomas can just STFU with insisting to Steffy whenever they are alone that she really loves Liam.  When Steffy snapped back at him today that she and Wyatt do work and that she is committed to him I saw a glimmer of hope that my new (surprisingly) fave couple might just make it.  Especially when Steffy didn't look all that thrilled when Liam kissed her.

Steffy's hair is looking great these days, and less make-up is the way to go. .Brooke needs to take a clue from that and cut her limp stringy mess and soften that lemon yellow color she's sporting.

• Love 10

Brooke looks rough. She looked old enough to be Katie's mother today. Katie was in fine form and I loved it.  Not hysterical or shrill just righteously firm and done. I do wish she hadn't mentioned keeping Will from Bill because Brooke won't wait a microsecond to runtelldat. Brooke really thought Katie was going to forgive Bill? Bwahaha! It was a close call the last time he fucked her sister. Ain't gonna happen. Now Bill is worried about Katie's health? Bwahaha! 

Good show today, good for some laughs, anyway. 

• Love 5

I do wish he could get Flannery out of retirement for just long enough to do a Ghost Stephanie appearance. We've gotten Ghost Caroline and Ghost Taylor who turned out to not be dead. And once she's done with Brooke, she can give Eric his pair back and tell him to get his ass back into FC to save it from being torn apart by all the manchildren on this show.

• Love 9

Also, watching today's episode was some of the best Katie/Brooke stuff in a long time. This is the way it should've been written the last time Brill were screwing, instead of Taylor  using Katie to fight her battle with Brooke and not giving one shit about her well being. As it is, I really wish HT got a better character, but she sure is spinning this shit sandwich into gold. Her last scene especially when she was telling her goodbye had echoes of Bridget telling Brooke post childbirth that Hope was her only daughter now. So damn good.

I'm so confused by Thomas encouraging Steffy to accept a guy that has never put her first over the one that by all accounts actually cares for her and only her and I doubt would even look in Hope's direction if she came back tomorrow. I mean, didn't he try to kill Rick for a whole lot less? At least Rick was honest about using Steffy for his benefit.

Bill's macho act....I'm sorry, I laughed when he threw the drink glass. I wish I could've cheered his well deserved comment towards Liam, but honestly? He at least tried to make a clean break between each switch. What did Bill expect, to keep schlepping Brooke and no one would find out? As Liam said, she's her sister. She has every right and obligation to tell Katie as he has. Fuck him.

lastly, did the Avants disappear? Not that I've missed Princess Nicole and her Prince Valium Zende curing insomnia, but they were such a big part and then BAM gone.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nkotb said:

Having said all of that, was it just me, or did anyone else momentarily think Katie was going to lip-lock Brooke at the end? Just me? Ok then.

#BrookeCried2TearsSimultaneouslyToday

That was definitely an "I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart." moment, and it was a beautiful thing.

Dear Emmy Committee: it's only July, but just go ahead and give HT her statue.

• Love 7
(edited)
On July 8, 2016 at 9:14 PM, La di Diva said:

Some thoughts om today's show:

Quinn is absolutely angling, plotting, and scheming to marry Eric and be a 'part of the Forrestersr'.  That phrase she used today was a shout out (warning?)  to all of us.

Loved Bill's 'change my underwear" comment to Liam.  But ... As true as it is it doesn't make up for Bill being a trifling horn dog and wanting his cake and Katie too.

Katie's roll call of Brooke's former lovers was made of win. Katie was spot on with everything she said to Brooke.  Their scene was a thing of beauty and HT has been giving a master class in real, raw, emotional acting this week.

Thomas can just STFU with insisting to Steffy whenever they are alone that she really loves Liam.  When Steffy snapped back at him today that she and Wyatt do work and that she is committed to him I saw a glimmer of hope that my new (surprisingly) fave couple might just make it.  Especially when Steffy didn't look all that thrilled when Liam kissed her.

Steffy's hair is looking great these days, and less make-up is the way to go. .Brooke needs to take a clue from that and cut her limp stringy mess and soften that lemon yellow color she's sporting.

Thomas was just practicing his stump speech that he will give to Caroline about regretting that she married Ridge. You should be with me, the viral young stud who can give you more babies. Hopefully you will be awake so you can enjoy my magnificent manhood.

Did Liam, that little pos, actually say that he would ask Wyatt to leave his own house so he could be alone with his wife?  Liam, you just bastardized your father for having an affair with his sister-in-law but it's perfectly ok to passionately  kiss your sister-in-law.  Liam, I hope your dick falls off. 

HT has totally brought it once again today. HT was so good that she made KKL look like an old witch whose youth spell has worn off.  

Bill throwing shade on Liam wasn't half as good as the shade Katie was throwing on Brooke. Both Katie and Bill might be hypocrites but that doesn't make them wrong. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 12

I know folks bring up the Nick thing with Katie....and while it was shitty, she hasn't made a pattern of this as Brooke has. FFS, even when she finally got Ridge's undivided attention, she started sniffing around Nick the minute he finally moved on from his obsession with her. So I don't find it that much more hypocritical than anyone else's behavior on this show.

what does drive me up the wall is her constant flip flopping on forgiving Bill, then going bonkers on him, however justified. Look, if you need to question your man's loyalty, you already know the answer. (Take notes, Nicole, for whenever Bell remembers you exist) Plus, at seven years, Batie has had a good run as a couple. I'm more than okay with them splitting up and moving on.

• Love 3

My, my what hypocritical bullshit we were treated to on Friday's episode, so much so I had to pull my hip-waders out from the closet to navigate through safely.

This is not to say the episode wasn't compelling television, particularly due to MVP HT, but if TPTB thought I was supposed to be cheering on Katie and Liam, they greatly miscalculated.

Let's start with Waffles, shall we?

So Mr. Upstanding Hero Good Boy decides that the proper recourse after learning Daddy $Bill is cheating on step-mom Katie with sister Brooke is to entice very-married Steffy to cheat with him, kissing her and touching her and telling her he has every intention of wrecking her home now that he knows Daddy is wrecking his. I've said it before and I'll say it again, while Liam is not quite the devil his father is, he's not far off. He hides behind his supposed caring and sympathy and Captain-Save-a-Ho persona, being Katie's sounding board and shoulder to cry on, while all the while, instead of thinking, I will never be like my father and hurt someone as he has, the hamster wheel is turning in his mind that now he has a free pass to go after a married woman. In some ways, especially these last few episodes, I'm beginning to think Liam is worse - he pretends to be all noble and upstanding and Bill is the big bad but at least with Bill, he owns it and you know what you're getting. Not that I'm excusing, Bill, not in the least, and it's a certainty he will pay in spades for betraying Katie yet again. 

Liam has waffled for years and unlike Ridge with Brooke and Taylor, he's had zero fucks to give about it, placing one woman on a shelf for safekeeping should he deign to take her out again when his other woman tires of him or he her. He hides behind his good guy persona and the women fall for it each and every time. I'm hoping that for Steffy, not this time.

I would love to see her choose Wyatt, not because they're already officially married, but because, as she said, they are good together, that Wyatt "gets" her in a way Liam never has. That she's not always looking over her shoulder, waiting for the other shoe (Hope, Ivy) to drop. That crazy mother or not, she is the number one priority in Wyatt's life. She may not have the self-imposed star-crossed lover drama with Wyatt, but what she does have is a sure thing and I think she's warmed to that far more than I every thought possible. Having had a good taste of stability and sureness and commitment and steadfastness, she's reflected back on the history with Liam and realizes there was a lot more bad than good, far more uncertainty and self-doubt, far more tears than joy. It would make me happier beyond measure to have her realize she spent so much time thinking about the lost love with Liam that in her heart of hearts, she truly does love Wyatt after all, as a grown-up woman, wanting grown-up things, and not the juvenile histronics that was much of her relationship with Liam and I hope she turns him down. Cold.

A girl can dream, can't she?

While I'm dreaming, can we revisit the scenes of Katie standing there, looking out at the ocean and change the story so that she walks into the ocean, never to be seen again? Because with all the hypocritical bullshit weighing her down, she'd sink like a stone. (I know, I know, I've already voiced this fantasy, but I love voicing it again).

I have no doubt the Brooke haters were munching their popcorn watching Katie's takedown of Brooke but with Katie's blistering words, all I could think of was how those stones were boomerangs and they somehow, for all her self-righteousness, kept coming back to hit her square in the forehead.

When she had the audacity to talk about how she overcame their father leaving, how everyone else overcame his desertion, but not Brooke, I just shook my head. Hmm, was that because maybe Brooke, as Katie's second mother was there for her and Donna, reassuring them both that they were loved. That Brooke worked her butt off, in college and with the catering business and second mothering business, to take care of your whiny brooding, staring out the window of your bedroom ungrateful little ass. But who was there for Brooke? You could argue Storm, but he was busy with law school. Beth was busy with her business and with rekindling things with long-lost college beau Eric.

Then we have the litany of Brooke's old loves. So she didn't marry Dave, her first serious love. Um, Katie didn't marry Rocco either so who gives a shit about that? She broke things off with Dave before she got involved with Ridge. She brings up James - single, mutual. Thorne (who had broken things off with Macy) - single, mutual. Grant - single, mutual. Nick - um, you don't want to go there, Katie. I'll revisit that in a moment. Deacon - she may have had a point about Brooke cheating with her Bridget's husband, but funny, that same daughter/niece Katie is so horrified about and cares so much about now, well, she didn't give any fucks when she was cheating with Nick, now did she? Then you add in her cheating with Ridge behind Brooke's back just because she could and to stab her sister in the back and front. So, take a seat, Katie. Take ALL the seats because you are on very shaky ground. 

None of what Katie did makes what Brooke did okay. Not in the least, but for her to sit there on her highest of horses, and pretend that she is any better? No ma'am, not today. And that trump card you always keep in your back pocket, Stormy's heart? Well, Stormy would like it back, bitch. 

And I would like to see a rejected Liam comfort his father's wife because birds of a feather and all that.

• Love 8

HT has totally brought it once again today. HT was so good that she made KKL look like an old witch whose youth spell has worn off.

Yeah the HT's scenes this week were amazing. I haven't watched this show in a while but decided to check it out this week because of what I was reading here (I usually record and then end up deleting at least lately).

Then you add in her cheating with Ridge behind Brooke's back

I'm confused - weren't Brooke and Ridge divorced when Katie and Ridge started seeing each other?

I don't care about anything Katie has done in the past. The conversation between Katie and Brooke was about Brooke. Period. Tossing in all this 'but Katie did this and that' stuff is just done to try and take the focus off of Brooke and her awfulness. Because the character is awful 24/7 when a man is near her golden cooter.

Katie didn't say anything that isn't true (though I hate the usage of the slut word - no need for that). Brooke never, ever takes responsibility for the messes she causes. Never. It's always about her destiny or that she didn't mean to hurt anyone. Blah blah blah.

Brooke's shock that Katie (for now) isn't going to forgive Bill was hilarious. Shut up Brooke.

My only hope is that Katie gives Bill the same treatment. Because otherwise what is the point?

This viewer dreams of a day that Brooke finally grows up. That the writers finally allow this character to do something different. I swear every year Bell promises something of the sort and it never happens. Brooke is wash, rinse and repeat. All that changes is the dude who is currently the love of her life.

What happened to Steffy? I stop watching for awhile and I come back and she looks ... good! What the heck? She needs to stay with Wyatt. He is much better for her than that Waffle.

That being said while I don't like Liam all that much, Liam and Katie have good chemistry! And no show, I don't mean I want her to kidnap him, drug him and have sex with him. I mean, I wouldn't mind an actual romance with those two.

Why is Quinn sporting fuggly bangs? And what the what the - she's banging Eric?!?

• Love 7
(edited)

I’m on B&B overload after binge watching to get caught up on more than two weeks of shows.

Another familial relationship destroyed all for the love of a man. Shocking! And written to perfection with its brilliant juxtaposition of good vs evil; Brooke with her lame and quite pathetic “I tried to do the right thing”, and Katie with her on point, deep and devastating filibuster on Brooke’s life. It appears Katie has been practicing her archery skills, because not only was she hitting her target, but her arrows were sporting sharp little barbs of truth. I have never felt sorry for Katie; I am not sure I do now, all the same, watching her read Brooke and drag her “truth” through the slimy muck it grew from was exhilarating and painful.

I am a person who believes Brooke truly loves Bill. The show can shove Bridge down my throat until the end of time, and I will say the same thing. Bridge was far more about Brooke and Stephanie, than it was Brooke and Ridge. Brooke has behaved most un-Brook like with Bill. I mean, waiting nearly a year to have sex with him? Traditionally, Brooke would have been riding the White Stallion with gusto right out of the starting gate. And she did well after the breakup until she told Bill she loved him, which put Brooke on the precipice of that slippery slope she has slid down a hundred times before. But she didn’t give in to more than heavy petting. This is not Brooke. At least not our “destiny” Brooke of old. No, that Brooke would have squinted, and engaged in her left eye crying while tilting her head to the side as Bill began undressing her. And this is why I say Brooke does love Bill; because she doesn’t lust after him. I further believe that loving Bill is Brooke’s “karma” or her payback. I don’t really believe in either, but loving Bill is forcing Brooke to do the unthinkable by keeping her legs shut, with a flashing neon sign proclaiming the Golden Cooter is out of order.

I hope Katie goes home with a tall bottle of STFU for Bill and then tells him about himself as she gets the whisk broom and a sturdy dust pan to sweep his dirty ass right out the front door. At least Brooke admitted her love; Bill has not told Katie his true feelings nor that he wants to fuck her sister in the worst way.

My DVR went a little wonky and I lost a few shows. It seems I missed Quinn and Eric canoodling? Well, all I can say about that is WTF? I guess Eric was able to get past Quinn’s dastardly deeds? Oh, shut my mouth, this is Eric we are talking about, the man with the perpetually primed penis, who is willing to overlook anything if you are young, attractive, inappropriate, sexy, or any combination of the above. Since it is clear I am not getting my Liam/Quinn, I am on board with this. It will certainly raise some eyebrows.

Shut up Thomas. WTH is wrong with you?

Could they be any more subtle about Caroline and Thomas? All I see when I watch them is test tubes and beakers.

Liam and Katie too. But they have chem tested these two many times before. I would love for Steffy to tell Liam how inappropriate it was for him to kiss her like that. And to tell him that now that she has been in a stable relationship with a guy that only has eyes for her, where she doesn’t have to constantly be looking over her shoulder for one of Wyatt’s ex-lovers; she has come to realize how bad they were together and she is staying with Wyatt. Cue Liam and Katie. And Bill’s head exploding.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11
(edited)

I soooooooo want Steffy to be done with Waffles. Brooke may have never left Neverland, but Steffy is still young enough for me to believe she can learn from both her and Taylor's mistakes with Ridge. I never bought WafflePuff versus IceWaffle* to be anything but a pissing contest of the same vein as Rick and Ridge's spats,  with the two families using both girls as their proxies: Brooke and Katie, still nursing butthurt about the almost-affair Steffy had with Bill and Stephanie and Taylor, who baffling had a moment of clarity in telling Steffy to move on, only to switch faster than when she wakes up in love with Ridge when the Venice wedding was invalidated.

In the brief scene of Hope from a few months back, it seems she had moved on, and for all her general entitlement (a lot of which is genetic, because she IS Ridge's daughter :p) Steffy is the closest thing this show has to a strong, self-sufficient woman within the second generation of kids. Aly is dead and Ivy isn't likely to come back any time soon, nor is Bridget. So I say let her stay with Wyatt for a year or so, give her some story alongside Quinn/RS who helps everyone bring their A game and put the past behind them.

*why did it take me this damn long to come up with that name for Hope/Liam? Or maybe WaffleCone would be more fitting? 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4
(edited)

This has certainly been a compelling week. Most of my thoughts and opinions have been eloquently expressed here, but I just want to add a little of my feelings. The two things that had me pissed as hell this week were Katie being painted as the innocent victim and Liam's bad advice. And I found Friday's ending with a devastated Brooke depressing. And then they throw in this WTF with Quinn and Eric out of the blue and who knows where that's going to go. 

Katie is no saint. She has been manipulative in her relationship with $Bill since they got back together. And as to her drinking, it hasn't been because she thought she was losing her mind, it was pure self-indulgence at her pity party for one and a weapon she used every time she threatened $Bill or Brooke with it. "if you don't _____, I'll drink!" To which came the reply, "oh, no, Katie, don't drink!" and then, "we have to protect her". Protect her from what? She's been manipulating and orchestrating, (yes, she has), everything. She pushed Brooke & Bill together in the first place and started the ball rolling, down a hill. If her opinion of Brooke was what she expressed on Friday when she totally destroyed Brooke and took no responsibility for any of her own actions, then what other outcome could she possibly have expected to come out of her manipulating them into a relationship? She should not be surprised. When you put two and two together and get four, you don't freak out and yell, OMG!!!OM-fucking-G!!!!!!! If anything, she should be rubbing her little paws together at how well her plan worked out. And seriously, how could Bill have been putting up with her manipulative and insane rantings and actions for so long? One minute Katie professes that she's going to change and believe and trust him and the next she's either selfishly self-indulgently drinking with no thought for anything other than immediate self-gratification or she's going off the rails in an insane rant that he and Brooke are doing it. If you believe in visualizing, etc. then Katie made Bill and Brooke's affair happen by constantly saying it was happening. And she kept doing this over and over again. And again. It's actually surprising how long it took before Bill threw in the towel for his and Katie's relationship. I do get that he doesn't want to lose his son and that he did love her, but I would think that he and Justin could come up with a plan for him to get his son because seriously, how good of a mother can Katie actually be? She's a drunk and a manipulator. Will may already be damaged beyond repair by what he has witnessed as normal. And as to Katie being frail or delicate, uh-uh, she's a drunk. One has to be hardy to handle all that alcohol. When your health is fragile and you have heart issues you can not withstand much, or any really, alcohol. So Katie herself has proved that her physical health is just fine and her borrowed heart is just fine.

Now, onto Liam's bad advice. Does he not know that Katie is fucking mental? I mean I know he's had amnesia and been out of it himself and he's not privy to what goes on behind closed doors at Bill and Katie's house, but he had to know that she's been nuts a long time. And why wouldn't he think that there was more to the story with two people that he knew, loved and respected having an affair? Nope, not that douche. To hell with hurting Katie and her supposedly weak health, all he wants is any excuse to go after Steffy. Any weak, illogical excuse he can glom onto. So he goes around sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, pontificating about right and wrong, all the while it's all only to justify his own bad behavior. Never has he been as douchey as he is now. He's so awful that I finally have sympathy for Steffy.

So Quinn is over her great love for Liam? She doesn't even know what a douche he's being right now. Waffle.

One more thing, I too was perplexed by Katie telling Brooke that she would remember her. I didn't think that Katie would kill Brooke, but I thought she might attempt to commit suicide, but then there's not much remembering going on in that future scenario. So was she alluding to Brooke saying that she was going to leave town or was Katie planning to leave town? Or what?

This was a strange and powerful week, with HT and DD really bringing their A games, but no doubt next week the show will turn on a dime as usual and we won't see any of this week's characters and story.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 6

So was she alluding to Brooke saying that she was going to leave town or was Katie planning to leave town? Or what?

I thought Katie meant that she was basically tossing Brooke out of her life - so goodbye.

Katie being painted as the innocent victim

Yeah she is far from innocent that is true. Even though I loved Katie telling Brooke some truths, that doesn't mean I'm actually a big fan of Katie. I tend to find her tiresome, thought the character is played by a terrific actress. I like Katie and Bill together in general - like when they are playfully giving each other a hard time but there is very little of that going on these days.

I'm of two minds about the whole Katie forced Brooke and Bill together thing. Certainly if Friday's speech is actually how she feels about Brooke, then Katie should have know better. But on the other hand, isn't Katie supposed to trust her hubby? I know, it's a soap so the answer is no! Especially this soap when it concerns Brooke!

I personally think the Katie drunk story has been as lame if not lamer than the Brooke drunk storyline. The show should just drop it because it's being handled quite poorly.

Wyatt may always end up with his brothers sloppy seconds, but I really do enjoy Steffy with him. I like her a lot more with Wyatt than Liam. Besides, if she stays away from Liam maybe he will turn his attention to Katie. Hee.

Not sure how I could have forgotten it in my first post above, but shut up Thomas. What an insufferable character. I hate the whole walk back that's been done with the rape. Hate.

• Love 5

After all their promises, I don't think Katie was wrong to think Brill could be allowed to be in a room together or work together without ripping off their clothes. Naïve, yes but she trusted them. The catalyst in all this, was IMO Brooke's neurotic need to tell Bill she still loved him. What did she think was going to happen? What purpose did that serve? You tell your sister's husband you love him but don't mean to hurt her? Yeah, right. I have to call a load of bullshit on that. I am not saying Katie is a saint but she wasn't wrong. I think telling Brooke she would remember her was saying she was done with her. Out of her life, done. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Yeah the HT's scenes this week were amazing. I haven't watched this show in a while but decided to check it out this week because of what I was reading here (I usually record and then end up deleting at least lately).

I'm confused - weren't Brooke and Ridge divorced when Katie and Ridge started seeing each other?

I don't care about anything Katie has done in the past. The conversation between Katie and Brooke was about Brooke. Period. Tossing in all this 'but Katie did this and that' stuff is just done to try and take the focus off of Brooke and her awfulness. Because the character is awful 24/7 when a man is near her golden cooter.

Katie didn't say anything that isn't true (though I hate the usage of the slut word - no need for that). Brooke never, ever takes responsibility for the messes she causes. Never. It's always about her destiny or that she didn't mean to hurt anyone. Blah blah blah.

Brooke's shock that Katie (for now) isn't going to forgive Bill was hilarious. Shut up Brooke.

My only hope is that Katie gives Bill the same treatment. Because otherwise what is the point?

This viewer dreams of a day that Brooke finally grows up. That the writers finally allow this character to do something different. I swear every year Bell promises something of the sort and it never happens. Brooke is wash, rinse and repeat. All that changes is the dude who is currently the love of her life.

What happened to Steffy? I stop watching for awhile and I come back and she looks ... good! What the heck? She needs to stay with Wyatt. He is much better for her than that Waffle.

That being said while I don't like Liam all that much, Liam and Katie have good chemistry! And no show, I don't mean I want her to kidnap him, drug him and have sex with him. I mean, I wouldn't mind an actual romance with those two.

Why is Quinn sporting fuggly bangs? And what the what the - she's banging Eric?!?

Brooke and Ridge were engaged to be married and would have been remarried had Katie not faked heart issues at their wedding because she was already cheating with Ridge behind Brooke's back and wanted to ensure that wedding never took place. 

And said cheating was designed solely to get revenge on Brooke for being involved with Bill the first go-round, nevermind that Katie all but shoved them together (and yes, as someone pointed out, it was over a year before they consummated their relationship and this after Katie's umpteenth time of taking off her wedding ring and declaring her marriage over).

So what Katie has done in the past doesn't matter? How convenient for her. 

So she gets to read Brooke for filth, dredging up her past, ticking off the men in Brooke's life while Katie gets to play the poor, put-upon-victim who has never, ever done anything even remotely similar? No. Katie has been a lying, cheating homewrecker twice over so she does not get to throw shade on Brooke for her past. And for her to call her the slut of the valley? Well, I guess we can call Katie the slut of Catalina Island where she slutted it up all over with Nick but got off scot-free because of her poor widdle heart. And she got off scot-free again where Ridge was concerned. So Katie can STFU about responsibility until she learns to take responsibility for her actions. Her cheating and betrayal - all on her. Her drinking - all on her. Often, you cannot choose what happens to you in life, but newsflash - you can damn sure choose how you decide to deal with it. 

If Katie had kept the conversation solely focused on Bill, I would have had no problem with her laying Brooke out for recent events but that's not Katie's way. She wants to bring up every single thing Brooke has ever done in her life to make her feel as worthless as I'm sure Katie feels herself. But she just keeps on throwing stones despite the fact that she lives in a glass mansion. And if Katie is true to form, all the stones will lay squarely on Brooke because of her golden cooter that men just have no choice to succumb, which, really? They have no choice in the matter? 

So yes, Katie can STFU with her slut-shaming, which I am getting really, really tired of. I mean, what century and decade are we in? 

But it's so much easier to just blame Brooke for everything - it's been that way since the show started and I'm lol that anyone thinks Badley will ever write her any differently. He consistently sets up the character to be the the eternal punching bag of the show for other characters, Stephanie. Taylor, and now St. Katie the Teflon, to look down upon. 

And I, for one, am tired of it.

• Love 6
(edited)

After all their promises, I don't think Katie was wrong to think Brill could be allowed to be in a room together or work together without ripping off their clothes. Naïve, yes but she trusted them. The catalyst in all this, was IMO Brooke's neurotic need to tell Bill she still loved him. What did she think was going to happen? What purpose did that serve? You tell your sister's husband you love him but don't mean to hurt her? Yeah, right. I have to call a load of bullshit on that. I am not saying Katie is a saint but she wasn't wrong. I think telling Brooke she would remember her was saying she was done with her. Out of her life, done. 

Agreed with all of this. Brooke and her needs are all that ever matter. Really the only reason she told Bill all of that was because Ridge ignored her finger snaps. And Brooke didn't mean to hurt Katie? Pfft. Give me a break.

So she gets to read Brooke for filth

Brooke is filth. The character is beyond gross for this viewer. The path of destruction she leaves in her wake in pursuit of her current destiny is epic. Brooke is absolutely my least favorite soap character ever which is saying a lot because I have watched many soaps over the years.

Brooke and Ridge were engaged to be married and would have been remarried had Katie not faked heart issues at their wedding because she was already cheating with Ridge behind Brooke's back and wanted to ensure that wedding never took place. 

I honestly wasn't paying much attention to the show at that time!

So what Katie has done in the past doesn't matter? How convenient for her.

I didn't say her past doesn't matter at all. I said I didn't care about it in context of the conversation she was having with Brooke. That particular scene was about Brooke and no one else.

There isn't a character on this show that doesn't have shady shade in the back ground. And every single one of them is a hypocrite at one time or another.

Hey, I'll happily admit my hypocrisy as a viewer. Because even though I am sick of how brothers, sisters etc exchange partners on this show? I'd still like to see a Liam and Katie thing.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 9

HT's acting is what save Friday for me, cuz I otherwise agree about the writing. I had actually forgotten about that tedious revenge plot that was Katie/Ridge and that faked heart spell she pulled at their wedding. How every Stephanie Forrester of her.

Thats not to say my irritation doesn't lies far more on Brooke because she should know damn better at her age, but it does get tiresome that Brooke rarely gets to call the other hypocrites out. I mentioned once before that even after returning from the dead and Thorne getting Darla pregnant that Macy was still blaming Brooke for the end of that marriage--one that wouldn't have happened if Ridge and Stephanie hadn't manipulated the situation, and that was under false pretenses. I mean, WTF? 

Bill can go kick rocks, too. Man up, and lawyer up if you're that concerned about Will's well being (preferably someone other than the one he had for Liam that told him to give up getting justice against his rapist), but quit pretending like he gives a damn about Katie's health. He didn't care back when he was about to bone Steffy, nor the last time he banged Brooke.

• Love 6

I would love to see a behind the scene of the taping of the Katie goodbye to Brooke. There you have both HT & KKL bawling their eyes out. HT exits the room & KKL sits in the chair bawling some more and they say that's a take. Then you have HT enter the door again and say, "Was that good? It was?! Good! What's for lunch? Kelly did I hug you too long? Was this your last scene for the day? I have Zane in my dressing room and now we are going to the zoo. Have a great weekend everyone!" LOL!! I am simply amazed how they cry and cry and then shut it all down and go on with life. LOL!!!! HT & KKL are the best cryers and great actresses.

• Love 6

Although I would like Liam and Steffy to get back together, I no longer give two fucks what happens as long as Ridge and Caroline stay together. I also would like Ridge to be Douglas's real father and for Thomas to go straight to hell.

• Love 7

I love how Bill tried to guilt Liam with the 'You better hope Katie survives this!' when next week 

Spoiler

He takes Will away from her. Not so worried about her stability now that she's dropping you to the curb huh?

Brooke reminds me of Serena VanderWoodsen from Gossip Girl. Free spirited liberated charismatic careless women with daddy abandonment issues that men can't resist and who don't mean to hurt people when that's all they indirectly do through their actions. No, they don't cause men to cheat on their wives/girlfriends, but they don't say no when that man (who is involved with their sister or friend) comes to them and then they beg for forgiveness when their betrayal is outed when they could've stopped the mistake before it happened. And then they get forgiven and a second chance only to betray/make bad decisions again. They never learn their mistakes and they always have defenders who attack the betrayed person telling them to not be judgemental when the main issue (not the only one) is never addressed - they take without considering the consequences because ultimately no one else's feelings/needs matter but their own.  Because they come off as wounded they always have someone in their corner while the people they've hurt are often told to get over the betrayal because they're somehow seen as 'stronger' than the free spirit 'who was just following her heart.'

Now Brooke fought Bill off with words but her actions were to always go see him, answer his calls, etc. if she were really trying to put Katie before herself then Bill would've been cut off full stop. He can't drag her to the nap room of she isn't in his office to begin with.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

There isn't a character on this show that doesn't have shady shade in the back ground. And every single one of them is a hypocrite at one time or another.

We agree on that point, but the bigger point is this - why is it always and only Brooke who gets taken to task for her actions? That is what I take issue with. Only Brooke has to pay while all of the other hypocrites, Katie included, get lauded as saints or victims of big bad Brooke. Katie gets away with everything because of her heart. I agree that no one with a serious heart condition could swill back the booze Katie does and work herself up into daily frenzies. 

Taylor got away with being a liar and a cheat for years (sleeping with Blake and Ridge in the same 24-hour span and the Big Bear Boink devirginization of James are just two that come to mind). 

Ridge, the original Waffle King, has waffled how many times for how many years, broke up how many of his brothers' relationships, raped Brooke (or at least it's one of those questionable incidents), another questionable incident with a very tipsy Caroline I, cheating with Katie to get revenge on Brooke for falling for Bill and interrupting the Brill wedding just to name a few of his issue.

You want to talk about real filth? Let's talk about St Stephanie, may she never rest in peace, who tried to kill Brooke on more than one occasion, was sick and obsessed with her eldest, not to mention being disgustingly involved in Kristin's sex life, who passed off another man's child as Eric's, and, probably worst of all, orchestrated the brutal, vicious rape of Brooke. But she was always, always forgiven with barely an "Oh, Mother" from Ridge. 

Brooke was absolutely in the wrong to confess her feelings for Bill, much less to engage in at the very least an emotional affair with him, but I'll be darned if I'm going to jump on the bash and blame bandwagon for her, even if I wasn't a fan, when she is the only one to ever be riding in that wagon.

The day someone else joins her - for more than a nanosecond - is the day I'll sharpen my pitchfork and watch for pigs flying in the sky. Believing anyone other than Brooke will be raked over the coals is like believing Y&R's Prictor will ever truly pay for his misdeeds.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Katie is no saint. She has been manipulative in her relationship with $Bill since they got back together. And as to her drinking, it hasn't been because she thought she was losing her mind, it was pure self-indulgence at her pity party for one and a weapon she used every time she threatened $Bill or Brooke with it. "if you don't _____, I'll drink!" To which came the reply, "oh, no, Katie, don't drink!" and then, "we have to protect her"

Drinking, for Katie, is the new heart trouble.  I think it says a lot about her that she doesn't think she is enough, on her own, to get what she wants, and she has to use her health (either through the threat of a heart attack or drinking) to get what she wants.  If anyone in her life truly cares about what's best for her, they'd encourage her to get her ass in therapy.  And not with Taylor.  She needs good therapy.  Put her in therapy with Taylor as her doctor, and it will turn into three times a week hour long bitch sessions about all the ways Brooke has wronged them.  

• Love 7

I can just imagine Heather Tom putting her foot down about the heart attacks for the writers to pivot to the drinking and sobbing scenes and her reading the scripts and rolling her eyes going 'Oh, FFS!'

Taylor wasn't a great psychiatrist but I'd still love to see her and Katie have epic drunken bitchfests about Brooke.  

• Love 3