Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Hand St. Maya the Transgendered and Little Ricky a big ol' tube of KY Jelly and send them on an indefinite honeymoon. I'm glad I missed Tuesday's episode and turned off today's halfway through. Maya went through a sex change. She didn't cure cancer or rescue refugees from a sinking boat. Julius' reaction is the only one that has come off close to realistic, IMO. It's much more realistic that Little Ricky's instant acceptance.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 15

Obviously not the most popular opinion but I've been enjoying the transgender storyline. Not the canonization of Maya aspect as I like all of my gals to have some spice with their sugar.

But it's certainly a refreshing change from the Liam/Steffy/Ivy retread of the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle.

• Love 11

Obviously not the most popular opinion but I've been enjoying the transgender storyline. Not the canonization of Maya aspect as I like all of my gals to have some spice with their sugar.

But it's certainly a refreshing change from the Liam/Steffy/Ivy retread of the Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle.

I'll take Maya over those 3 anyday.

• Love 5

Maya went through a sex change. She didn't cure cancer or rescue refugees from a sinking boat. Julius' reaction is the only one that has come off close to realistic, IMO. It's much more realistic that Little Ricky's instant acceptance.

YES YES YES!  I felt like I was watching a fairy tale until Julius said what he did!   

• Love 4

The transgender storyline itself has been okay but with the rare exception, it's all been too "after school special".  I'm ready for a break - until the inevitable baby drama comes around. 

• Love 8

I say let Carter handle the weddings from now on.

Do they re-shoot the Steffy/Aly scene every time they show it ? Today it looked like Steffy was standing up when she hit Aly, previously she was on the ground and dived for the tire iron. I guess next time we see it Steffy will walk over to Aly's car and club her to death. 

• Love 12

Do they re-shoot the Steffy/Aly scene every time they show it ? Today it looked like Steffy was standing up when she hit Aly, previously she was on the ground and dived for the tire iron. I guess next time we see it Steffy will walk over to Aly's car and club her to death.

Then maybe Steffy only thinks she is lying, she just hasn't seen that version yet :) Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Why did Nick use Maya's wedding to grind a political axe? And who reads from the Declaration of Independence at a wedding? Aren't weddings supposed to be about declaring a union? I think it would have made about as much sense if Nick had read a passage from the Gettysburg Address. (Apologies in advance if it is in fact a common practice at LBGTQ weddings to read from the Declaration of Independence.)

Heh, Eric didn't mention that Rick's previous wedding also took place in that location. I think most second or third wives would have insisted on a different ceremony site if only to avoid the negative karma.

I love when people on soaps proclaim that they'll be married to each other for the rest of their lives. Unless they're septuagenarians, that's probably not gonna happen. I give Rick and Maya two years, tops.

Geez, Ivy. Go to the police with what you know about Aly's death or STFU. And BTW, Aly's death has nothing to do with you losing Liam to Steffy so stop trying to connect nonexistent dots. The time to stand up for Aly would have been before she went off the rails.

Still wondering why Carter was at the wedding. He looked like he'd rather have been somewhere getting water-boarded than at that wedding.

• Love 12

I love when people on soaps proclaim that they'll be married to each other for the rest of their lives.

The only time you hear about soap couples being together for an extended time is when their characters are written off and thus "out of town". So for a marriage to work, all they have to do is move!

• Love 6

Why were there so few people at that wedding? BTW, I've read that people really loved Brooke's dress. I thought it was awful-not a pretty dress or color on her and poorly fitted. And that monstrosity that Steffy was wearing today? Holy cow, Forresters. I thought you designed beautiful, classy clothing. 

• Love 5

That's about the sole redeeming factor for Maya and Rick's love story...they are a united front that's willing to fight for one another. Liam and Hope would bolt on the other with nary a glance more often than not until they cooled off. The whole "we were robbed!" shit that came from Rick's role in one of their split ups is a perfect illustration of why, next to Brooke and Ridge, Lope is my least favorite pairing on this show, ever.
  • Love 5

I say let Carter handle the weddings from now on.

I erased the original fight from my DVR, in error, but if memory serves it looked like Steffy was on the ground and Ally was going to hit Steffy with a rock when Steffy used the tire iron to fend Ally off. I never thought that Steffy actually hit Ally. But in either case, Ally fell on her right side and being right handed, Steffy would have hit Ally on the left side of her head. Wouldn't you think that the police or the pathologist would notice wounds to both sides of Ally's head? Am I being too logical for the world of soap operas? Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

Can he come between Steffy and Liam?

Not that it would be the best use of the show's first bisexual character, but seeing Liam waffle over to the "other team" would go some distance to explaining why he bedhops so damn quickly. Brooke can go get Hope on facetime so both her and Steffy's heads explode at the same time for epic lulz.

• Love 7

Just curious...how do you feel about Liam & Steffy?

They're a very close third on my Hate List, but the reason I place Lope higher is:

1)Steffy is consistent and until this go around she wasn't constantly onscreen for months on end with no breaks.

2)We got an additional year of Lope after Steffy left and Wyatt entered the picture, where Hope does the same waffling shit to Liam that he did to her. Rather than fight or talk things out , Hope just uses Wyatt to get Liam's attention instead of just moving on in life.

3)Steffy and Hope are both horribly selfish, entitled brats, but at the time I felt this show was trying very hard to paint Hope as the "innocent" one while Steffy, rightfully, would get called out on most of her shady actions. Hope had about as many parties in her honor as Cassie "Poster Child for Why We Don't Kill Off Young Legacy Children,Lynn Marie Latham" Newman has had since she was killed nine years ago.

4) most importantly and related to #1,these two were ALWAYS running apart from one another,rather than solve any problem by talking! In my last post,I mentioned "we was robbed" sums up their entire dynamic. Even Raya for all the smoke they blow up one another's asses have that as a bonding point.

Hope and Liam found every excuse not to be together, yet TIIC were selling this as the new Bridge. And it was NONSTOP for almost 3 years!

As much as I hate the Maya show, her presence cuts into the Steffy/Liam BS, so it's a small blessing there. We got almost two weeks free of Steffy: this almost never happened three years ago.

• Love 6

I erased the original fight from my DVR, in error, but if memory serves it looked like Steffy was on the ground and Ally was going to hit Steffy with a rock when Steffy used the tire iron to fend Ally off. I never thought that Steffy actually hit Ally. But in either case, Ally fell on her right side and being right handed, Steffy would have hit Ally on the left side of her head. Wouldn't you think that the police or the pathologist would notice wounds to both sides of Ally's head? Am I being too logical for the world of soap operas?

My recollection is that Steffy was on the ground, Aly was about to smash a boulder on her head, and Steffy grabbed the crowbar and we never see her make contact but it looks like it was sort of mid torso, knocking Aly to the ground and she hit her head.  The vid that Ivy has shows Steffy attacking Aly with a crowbar while standing.

I assume it will all come out eventually that Steffy never made contact in spite of what the vid shows, and she will be exonerated.  But yes, if an autopsy had been conducted or even a cursory investigation, they would have noticed another injury.  

I hate defend Steffy.

• Love 2

My recollection is that Steffy was on the ground, Aly was about to smash a boulder on her head, and Steffy grabbed the crowbar and we never see her make contact but it looks like it was sort of mid torso, knocking Aly to the ground and she hit her head.  The vid that Ivy has shows Steffy attacking Aly with a crowbar while standing.

I assume it will all come out eventually that Steffy never made contact in spite of what the vid shows, and she will be exonerated.  But yes, if an autopsy had been conducted or even a cursory investigation, they would have noticed another injury.  

I hate defend Steffy.

Whatever the video shows on Ivy's phone, Steffy believes she's responsible for Ally's death and she's convinced Thomas of the same  That's why Thomas went to strong arm and threaten Ivy into silence.

Ivy's failure is to show Thomas the video before Steffy or the police. One should hope she's protected herself with another copy of the video, because Thomas has a bad habit of not taking no for an answer and a history of attempted murder of family members.

• Love 5

eh I do not like Steffi AT ALL and Liam is ruined and an idiot but still why am I here? and I guess the answer is TK---not Rigid but TK---miscast or not I believe he can pull anything off especially if I pretend that he was never the Ridge that Ron was---Maya and Rick are horrid mostly due to Rick the entitled but I understand Maya egged him on before I got here---I find  them both entitled and annoying and not worth my time---I do not feel sorry for Maya at all and I do feel sorry for her parents and maybe Nicole (although she is not the brightest bulb etc) I have no issues with transgendered and have actually known a few in more than one work place---that is not an issue for me but I get why it is not all rainbows for everyone directly involved---I liked Ivy a lot but now--not sure? and ick to the boy in the blouses---HATE him almost as much as DEVON at Y&R and maybe more----the wedding debacle is not anything I have known in my life but yeah it is a soap so rant off in front of god knows who---

• Love 6

TK---miscast or not I believe he can pull anything off especially if I pretend that he was never the Ridge that Ron was---

I hang in there for this same reason. TK can read a phone book out loud and I would be transfixed. He has the look I adore, and he has the twinkle-in-his-eye charisma that is exciting.

IMO, no other actor on this show can hold a candle to him as the complete package. 

• Love 9

I enjoyed the wedding, especially the readings, but yeah, that was awkward with Nick proselytizing (you're not ordained, dude, and the Declaration of Independence? Really?) 

I agree that Carter - buff cigar store Indian that he is - would have done a lot better and somehow been less awkward, all things considered.

OMG, we had an Aly mention by grandfather Eric and a moment of feeling something about that between Brooke and Bridget.

Nicole looked gorgeous - matchy matchy makeup/dress and all - lavender should be her signature color, 

Bill - never wear that little boy made in a man's size suit again. Tell Katie you're capable of picking out your own clothes.

Steffy's get-up was...a look.

Ivy looked gorgeous (as usual) but that video is not at all what we saw that night. Did she doctor it or something because Steffy was lying down with Aly standing over her with a giant rock in hand and she grabbed the tire iron (in self-defense!) and whacked Aly on the lower body (IIRC). But I digress - what is she waiting for, spring flowers to bloom on Aly's grave before she hands it over to the police?

Thomas's eyes...they are creepy and about to pop out of his head.

Also, totally random (and somewhat scary) thought - nuThomas  has more chemistry with JMW and AB than he does with LG. Although Ivy isn't technically related to Thomas...and we all know how TPTB like to keep it in the family and just shy of incest.

• Love 5
I'm not sure it this goes here but looks like B&B is casting a bisexual character.

That's interesting. Has there been an openly bisexual character on a soap before? I know there are characters who've slept with both men and women (e.g., Adam on Y&R and Bianca Montgomery's partners Reese and Marissa on AMC) but has one ever shown up decidedly bisexual? Look at B&B trying to carve themselves a niche.

• Love 5

As much as I hate the Maya show, her presence cuts into the Steffy/Liam BS, so it's a small blessing there. We got almost two weeks free of Steffy: this almost never happened three years ago.

Wouldn't it be awesome if these weren't the viewers only two choices?  There are a bunch of characters they could actually be telling stories with and yet they are all basically being used as glorified extras right now.

I'm just getting irritated by this show's narrow focus and it does not help that I don't care about any of the characters currently being focused on.

• Love 7

Maybe he's (bi-dude) for Thomas.

Now that I could see.

Because I have always felt a ho-yay vibe coming off of Thomas (any of the actors, but especially the latest) in scenes with other guys.

It would make for an interesting story and explain some of his bizarre behavior -  imagine being the son of one of the world's biggest playboys and being gay. 

• Love 7

OK I have had to reconsider last night's rant about people going off at an "occasion" as I remembered that in my own family that did happen some 25 years ago only it was a funeral and not a wedding--I was not in attendance but of course heard all about it and these days it makes us sad because the person ranted at was really hurt by it all---these family members are all gone now but sometimes words said in anger at an emotional time live on, unfortunately.

I can deal with Maya and mostly ignore her (except for the whole lead model thing---sigh) but Rick, Liam, and Thomas?---not so much. At the moment this show is so much better than Y&R that I cannot look away---well I sort of zoned out the whole Nick sermon yesterday--lol.

• Love 3

I have never thought of B&B as "good soap" for me it has always been the junk food of soaps. I have to say I'm really tired of being preached at. I mean I get that that transgendered folks  have it tough but like another stated Maya didn't cure cancer or rescue starving children and puppies from a burning building. I find the actress weak and the story less than palatable . I would rather watch Liam and Steffy because at least I can be distracted from the stupidity by wondering about her face.

I wish this soap would go back to being my junk food. And stop preaching at me!

• Love 18

It would make for an interesting story and explain some of his bizarre behavior -  imagine being the son of one of the world's biggest playboys and being gay.

It would explain why Ridge was at the gay pride parade in Paris that $Bill had the pictures of. Perhaps Ridge was there to support gay Forrester designer AND Thomas.

I've never seen Ridge as being anti-gay so a "OMG Thomas is the bi/gay son of the world's biggest playboys" wouldn't really be that much of a story for me.  He does work in the fashion industry, after all.

Now what would shock me is if Clarke Garrison came back on the show and he came out as gay.  Or CJ.

• Love 2

I wish this soap would go back to being my junk food. And stop preaching at me!

They love to do preachy/after school special shows. Homelessness, lung cancer, animal rescue...  Don't get me wrong, these are very important issues, but not issues I want to see on a soap.  Off topic, but I also hate when sitcoms do their "very special episodes."

• Love 7

The Tell-Tale Tire Iron is my new favorite character. I wish it would have scenes with Liam.

How dumb is Steffy? Let me count the ways.

1. Throws away the tire iron at the scene.

2. Lies to first responders.

3. Has no appreciation for the very strong evidence bolstering a self-defense case. Continues lying.

4. Suspects Ivy knows what happened, thinks firing her would solve the problem instead of looking bad in court.

5. Considers Liam a viable and desirable life partner.

Hey, Ivy! Show the video to the cops and you'll probably stop having weird Aly dreams. Leveraging the video for a promotion is gross, although it's true she'd make a way, way better face of Forrester than Steffy. I hate where they're taking the character who very recently confessed to not needing to be married to Liam. Does a single character on this show have their integrity intact?

Thomas, you fucking creeper. Still, I thought he and Ivy were going to start making out.

• Love 12

They love to do preachy/after school special shows. Homelessness, lung cancer, animal rescue...  Don't get me wrong, these are very important issues, but not issues I want to see on a soap.  Off topic, but I also hate when sitcoms do their "very special episodes."

Some soaps have done them well in the past.  It usually only works well when the cause of the moment directly affects a core legacy character though.  Or when they follow through long term, like Robin's HIV positive status on GH.

If they ever show Rick having to deal with really nasty bigots assuming he's gay (not just comments from Julius) because Maya is trans or show any kind of discrimination or backlash for the company, they will get a thumbs up from me.  But so far, Julius is the only bright spot in this storyline. (Not that I agree with him but his pain is obvious and understandable.)  Well, Maya's mom too - because if having her child back in her life means accepting who she is now, that is also very real.  Having to choose between your child and your husband is also very real, unfortunately.   

But yeah, at least it's not a triangle. 

Editing to add the "long term" comment.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 9

It would explain why Ridge was at the gay pride parade in Paris that $Bill had the pictures of. Perhaps Ridge was there to support gay Forrester designer AND Thomas.

I've never seen Ridge as being anti-gay so a "OMG Thomas is the bi/gay son of the world's biggest playboys" wouldn't really be that much of a story for me. He does work in the fashion industry, after all.

Now what would shock me is if Clarke Garrison came back on the show and he came out as gay. Or CJ.

I would be shocked at ANY reference to the Spectra family at ALL nowadays. Macy, Darla and now Aly are dead and the writers never had the heart to kill off Sally after Darlene Conley's passing. I also just realized as I type this how decimated the Spectra clan really is these days. :(

If Ridge has never been shown to be anti gay, it's because TIIC have gone out of their way to pretend gays don't exist on this show. Being in fashion, I assume one must be open minded, but that would still be something different to most people of a certain age than having your own kid be gay.

I've always thought this would be a far better story to test with Brooke "Love trumps Everything" Logan, given her colorful history with love.

ETA: Could "Christian" possibly be RJ? It's one thing to make a tertiary character like Maya trans or the seldom seen Karen Spencer a lesbian, but another thing entirely to do that with the only blood offspring of the show's biggest couple.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

I love Zende and Nicole (sarcasm). When in doubt the interns work out. Where can I get a job like that. Is there a steamroom scene in their future?

If it was anybody else but Ivy, I would be pissed off that an angel has lost her wings. But I feel that Ivy is still head and shoulders above Steffy, Liam, Rick and Maya. I would also put Quinn on a pedestal above them. I can't give two shits that Ivy is using blackmail to her advantage. As a model, Ivy would be amazing. Maya watch out, there's a new sheriff in town. I must say that Ivy, standing there in Wyatt's bedroom in just his shirt, has fulfilled my wildest fantasies. Sexiness personified!

• Love 8

Anyone watch "Face Off" on Syfy? JMW's face reminds me of one of those foam prosthetics they put on the model's face. I feel as if I could push on her cheeks and leave an indentation. Who would want that face to be the new Face of Forrester? Ivy is far and away a better choice. BTW, I actually like Ivy and Wyatt as a couple.

• Love 5

Oh, Ivy, such low ambitions. You call your own family "these people" and then proceed to extort them so you can be a model? Girl, please. And if she's going to be the face of Forrester what does that make Maya, the torso of Forrester? I can't see this sitting well with Her Saintedness the Lead Model.

Ditto the upthread comments, why do Zende and Nicole have to be virtually handcuffed to each other? I'm not convinced that he even swings her way. I would love it if this new bisexual character is coming to town to challenge Nicole for Zende's affections.

I don't know why but I'm surprised Wyatt's Malibu dream house only has one bedroom.

• Love 4

I enjoyed Wyatt breezing into El Presidente's office and cracking two faces for the price of one. Liam just sits there stammering like the ineffectual doofus he is while Steffy sneers at Wyatt for defending Ivy. Lovely couple. Just lovely.

And why is Liam a high-ranking executive at a fashion house? I'm glad that was mentioned. He knows almost as much about fashion as he does about pleasuring a woman or proper funeral etiquette.

• Love 13

And why is Liam a high-ranking executive at a fashion house? I'm glad that was mentioned. He knows almost as much about fashion as he does about pleasuring a woman or proper funeral etiquette.

Because he spent more time at that fashion house while not an employee than he did at his actual job at the time? This is his reward! Don't hate...

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 12

How did B&B get so bad so quickly?  Neither Ivy nor Steffy need be the face of Forrester.  Get an actual model folks, y'all ain't foolin' anybody!  Ivy blackmailing Thomas over being the face of Forrester is so stupid, especially since she has shown zero inclination in the past.

Ivy saying that Aly was a little disturbed is like Stephanie saying Brooke is a little loose.  Massive understatement!.  So the heavy music that used to characterize Aly scenes has now bled over into Ivy scenes, does this mean Ivy's also headed for crazytown?  Or is she now the standard bearer for morality now?  So few things make sense on this show now.  Too bad they made Papa Avant so rigid, he was the only character that was engaging this week so far.

• Love 8