Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Well, I'm torn on that. 

Spoiler

On the one hand, I'm annoyed by the mere idea of Amber. But, I keep hearing rumblings that they want to bring her back. If they're intent on it, then they'd be doing me a huge favor pairing her with someone I hate. Then I can just ignore the everloving fuck out of both of them. 

But, I swear to God, if they have 

Spoiler

Douglas calling Amber "mommy" and acting like Hope isn't shit on his shoe,

I will lose my shit. 

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Well, I'm torn on that. 

Hide contents

On the one hand, I'm annoyed by the mere idea of Amber. But, I keep hearing rumblings that they want to bring her back. If they're intent on it, then they'd be doing me a huge favor pairing her with someone I hate. Then I can just ignore the everloving fuck out of both of them. 

But, I swear to God, if they have 

Hide contents

Douglas calling Amber "mommy" and acting like Hope isn't shit on his shoe,

I will lose my shit. 

You and me both but trust B&B to always pick the option that pisses off the most people 🙃

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 2
Spoiler

Honestly, I would rather see Amber because she is somewhat entertaining. I am absolutely dreading the upcoming Luna WTD SL. I couldn't care less if Zende or RJ is the father. I am also bored to death with Sheila, Steffy, Deacon, and Finn. At this point, I'd take Charlie and that Esther woman. The show needs a ruthless businesswoman for Bill because I think Poppy sucks and what's going on with Donna and Eric? 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:
  Reveal spoiler

Honestly, I would rather see Amber because she is somewhat entertaining. I am absolutely dreading the upcoming Luna WTD SL. I couldn't care less if Zende or RJ is the father. I am also bored to death with Sheila, Steffy, Deacon, and Finn. At this point, I'd take Charlie and that Esther woman. The show needs a ruthless businesswoman for Bill because I think Poppy sucks and what's going on with Donna and Eric? 

Spoiler

I don’t understand…I thought both Zende and RJ used a condom. Are we supposed to believe the possibility both (not just one) condoms failed?!  

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I don’t understand…I thought both Zende and RJ used a condom. Are we supposed to believe the possibility both (not just one) condoms failed?!  

(I'm not going to spoil this, since they showed Luna with the pregnancy test at the end of episode previews Friday). I'd say we only need to believe that one condom failed, it's just that none of them know which one it was that failed. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Maybe Bell is much deeper than I thought. See, the condom is a metaphor for the storyline. Yes, it failed and failed badly, but what exactly poked a hole in it? The “misunderstanding” around consent? The unknown drug disguised as mints? Zende’s creeper attitude? RJ’s shirts? Like the condom, the writing of this particular story thread is best discarded in a bathroom trash receptacle, or the ink should have run down someone’s leg instead. Granted, I’m losing control of the metaphor, but my mind is blown by the sophisticated layers in Bell’s scripts.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 10

Why is Ridge and Liam even talking and in fact berating Hope about what she observed about Shiela.  

Hope arguing with Ridge and Liam about Shield is like arguing with a block of wood. The same goes for Finn arguing with Stuffy. 

Your mother or me Finn. I choose you Finn replies in a high pitched voice. Now can I have my balls back?  No Finn, I have to keep you in line. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Finn seriously said Sheila loves Steffy to her with a straight face?

Why is Hope and Finn both being so stupid for Sheila.  Sheila the hero. 

Hope should know better she lived through the "generations" if Sheila's terror. 

• Like 5

I can't decide who Finn is more naive about - his birth mother or his wife. I almost snorted  my water out of my nose when he earnestly told Steffy "she loves us more than her own life!" 

If Steffy was  not just the absolute worst, I would, 1,000 percent, be on her side. Because she's right about Sheila. She tried to kill her, her mother, and her grandmother. She did shoot the two of them and leave them in an alley for dead. Sheila could be a perfect saint, saving the lives of all of the children around the world. She could donate a kidney, bone marrow, and part of her liver to save some of Steffy's loved ones, and Steffy would be perfectly justified in still calling her a psycho and never being in the same room as her ever again. But, Steffy is just the worst, so I just find myself annoyed with how she talks to Finn and how she refuses to understand a single bit of his feelings. She refused to even consider for a second what a huge load it was off of Finn's heart that his wife hadn't killed his birth mother.  Now I just cannot wait for the first time she sees Finn kissing Hope. 

Liam and Ridge sitting there deciding shit for Steffy and Finn, like they're not both adults who can make their own decisions, was really fucking annoying. As was the way they were treating Hope. How dare Hope have any opinion other than the one that is most partial to Princess SuperBitch? 

Deacon, pay attention to what's happening here. Sheila is supposedly changed, but instead of just being happy to be back with you, happy that Finn has come around, and happy that your daughter is leaning towards giving her a chance, too, she's delighting in emotionally torturing Li and plotting to do the same to others, people who she has already done more than enough bad shit to in the past. Remember Brooke? The mother of your child? The woman you professed to love not too long ago?  Did you not hear her name cross that psycho's lips when she was plotting who would be her next victims? Is this how Sheila is going to pay back Hope for deciding to give her a chance, by immediately going after her mother? I'll say it again, you're an attractive guy who runs a successful restaurant. I'm guessing there are a lot of women in L.A. who would be willing to call you "daddy."  

• Like 3
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I am beginning to believe that SK is the only person who can act on this wretched show.  That final scene with Steffy and Finn was painful to watch.

If you took a shot for every time somebody said "birth mother," you'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

I would think it would be exhausting for Deacon to constantly have to be vigilant of Sheila's behavior and motives. I hope he will soon have second thoughts about marrying that lunatic. Scaring Li and plotting to prank the Forresters isn't "harmless fun." It's sadistic. She is a fool if she thinks she can just walk into FC, but then again, we have Charlie Fife as head of security.

You just know that Liam is going to make a beeline to the Cliff House to spill the tea to Steffy about Hope's relaxed viewpoint regarding Sheila. Fur's gonna fly!

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

If you took a shot for every time somebody said "birth mother," you'd be dead of alcohol poisoning.

10 toes was giving it a run for it's money not that long ago lol.

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

Steffy, it's time to let Finn go. This situation with Sheila will never be over. The woman shot him and you, and tried to kill the mother that raised and loved him (and those are just the crimes she's committed in the short time he's known her). If Finn's still determined to see her through rose-colored glasses after all of that, girl, let Sheila have him. He actually formed his lips to say "Sheila's a hero!" 

Steffy gets on my nerves most days, but in this instance, she and Ridge are RIGHT.

I would say that he'll learn who Sheila is soon enough, but she's already shot him and left him for dead before, so...

Don't even get me started on Deacon and Hope. Deacon's no saint (Heaven knows), but for some reason he thinks his "love" can save her. Maybe he should go ask Mike how that sentiment tends to work out.

And Hope. She's got too much personal experience with Sheila's shenanigans to be quite this naive and stupid. I can give Finn a little bit of grace because he doesn't have actual history with Sheila like the others do. But c'mon Hope. You know! But I guess being dickmatized by Thomas has given her the reason to think that anyone can change. Bless her heart...

• Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

It’s such a pickle, because I’m over Sheila & her machinations. Way over, like years over. However, KB is so good, & she has aged gracefully (only mentioning because it’s not uncomfortable to watch her try to move her face, looking at you, Tylo), & Sheila keeps things interesting. Best of all, SK absolutely lights up around her, you can tell that she’s super cool off-screen, because it’s obvious that others enjoy working with her. However, they paint her in such a corner with her bad self that she has to exit the canvas for a few years, then come back reformed yet again. Good Sheila would be boring, but I wish they could tone her down a bit. 

Ridge sure jumped up real quick to defend his rapey, child-abusing, life-altering secret-keeping son, didn’t he?? Guess only Fauxesters can truly reform (I know Sheila hasn’t, but I’m also betting Thomas hasn’t truly reformed, either). 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Finn, you took that a wee bit too far. And you just have to see that Sheila's actions regarding Steffy, and "putting her life on the line", was actually to save her own ass future. You do see that right? Sheila doesn't love Steffy, she detests her, and she only wanted to save her so she wouldn't be blamed for Sugar's crime.

Even so, I can't feel sorry for Steffy, even though she is 100% correct. I just despise the character too much to have any empathy for her. She jumped on the Thomas is a changed man train with absolutely no type of evidence to support it. She goes off on anyone who challenges that theory, telling them they don't know what they are talking about. She herself is a murderer/attempted murderer and is an elitist snob. So, even though I know it is wrong, I am going to love watching her perfect little world fall apart. 

Deacon calls Sheila on her shit behavior, then wants to canoodle and have fun. Dude, the fact that she has zero interest in you, and only wants to plan out her road to fucking with everyone you say you love and care about, should be sending up big fat red flags. How can you seriously sit there and act like that performance with Li was funny? Ok, if Sheila wanted to hide under the blankets and shock Li that would be one thing. But that wasn't what Sheila was about, no her game was to taunt Li and freak her out about Finn. It wasn't funny at all. It was mean and cruel. And I don't even really like Li anymore. I don't care if Sheila has given up mercury, guns, knives, and kidnapping and now wants to be a dark comedian, she is still a raging psycho. 

Ridge and Liam, please take heed! This is not Hope's fault, and yelling at her isn't going to change anything. She is just the messenger. But I will give you leeway with Hope's softening stance regarding Sheila, the woman who has messed with her mother for decades. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 13
14 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I am beginning to believe that SK is the only person who can act on this wretched show. 

He really is. I even said he was wasted on this show, and that neither this show or the other one, knows/knew what it has/had in him.

if nothing else, Sean, the actor, deserves so much better. He can be used so much better.

And now on to Steffy. Seems she's just like Cujo-NO ONE can SAY ANYTHING to her, but just take her crap, and she can't be bothered to listen to anyone who isn't in line with her line of thinking. She's so awful, that I'm on neither team-I want Sheila DEAD, and I want Steffy to lose. And I also want a horsie.

There's nothing about Kimberlin that I find interesting or engaging. And unlike others, I don't see that she's such "fun" to work with. They're actors. I've never liked the character since she first showed up on Young & The Restless, either.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

I 100% agree with other posters that Steffy never let Finn have any feelings about his "birth mother" (drink!) Sheila.  Even before she committed any new crimes that Finn actually witnessed, or was a victim of, Steffy never accepted that Finn's feelings were complicated.  

But.

Now?

Fuck Finn.  His wife's family was terrorized by Sheila for generations and Steffy herself was shot in cold blood and left for dead.  Then she had to deal with Sheila's constant intrusions into her life and finally, "Sheila" breaking into her home to kill her, forcing Steffy to brutally knife her to death. 

And Finn comes home elated that Sheila is alive and a "hero"?  Seriously, dude?

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I’ve never been on the “slut from the valley” bandwagon, but, damn, Brooke, damn. Zende was wrong, dead wrong, no question. However, if you’ll peak down from your self-anointed high horse, you might see your daughter, Hope, whom you conceived with your other daughter's husband. I get that it was 20+ years ago, but Zende is apologizing, clearly miserable, & in no way am I defending him for not making 100% sure that Luna was aware that he wasn’t RJ, but threatening his job is ridiculous. Now we’ll have a baby to deal with, maybe that’ll gain some sympathy from Brooke. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

Can we have anyone but Brooke and Carter lecture Zende about “sexual  ethics”?

i mean, Brooke has slept with or been married to every man in the Forrester family, often overlapping. And didn’t she have sex with Oliver (I think that was his name) while he was involved with one of her daughters? She thought he was Ridge because of the costume. Yep, because I would easily mistake my middle aged husband with a twenty-something guy. And can we talk about Hope, who was conceived while Deacon was married to Brooke’s daughter Bridget?

Carter, you and Quinn were hot, but she was married to your boss. Sure, it turns out that he was playing “tickle the pickleball” with Donna, but you didn’t know that.

Wait a second. Following this logic, Im not sure who has the “right” to give Zende so much grief over this. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1

I'm pretty much new here to this soap's forum. So I have a question:

Has Steffy EVER lost? Or gotten any comeuppance? And no, her being shot by *$%#!k*$!* doesn't count. The sense of entitlement is beyond the pale for me.

Even in the early days, original!*Stephanie didn't get what she wanted.

*Susan will ALWAYS be the Enjoli spokesperson for me:

"Cuz I'm a WOMAAAAAAN! Enjoli

I can pick up the bacon

Enjoli

Fry it up in a pan

Enjoli

And never ever, blah, blah I can't remember the rest

Enjoli!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
50 minutes ago, TVForever said:

And didn’t she have sex with Oliver (I think that was his name) while he was involved with one of her daughters?

That was an accident.  Oliver was wearing a mask while he was banging her against a wall at a party.  She thought 25 year old Oliver was 45 year old Ridge.  It could happen to anyone.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

I had a power outage yesterday or rather my router lost the signal so the show didn’t record for me. So I watched it just now.

While Deacon sort of smiled when Sheila was gloating over Li’s reaction to her being alive, I have to give him credit to trying to rein her in. But he’s being naive and she isn’t planning on listening. I saw him cringe when she mentioned the Forresters-I guess he was thinking about Brooke and Donna? Sean is really trying to sell Deacon’s wuv.

And Ridge and Liam can both STFU. NONE.OF.THEIR.BUSINESS. Steffy is a full ass grown up and can deal with this on her own.

And now I want Brooke and him to break  up and have her reunite with Deacon. Hey, I know I’m grabbing straws, but I want him away from Sheila.

Finn CANNOT be this stupid and naive, not to mention gullible.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 9

I get it now. Z is Mr Hyde’s replacement while he’s in Paris. All that I’m saying is that Mr Hyde is obsessed with Hope and Z is obsessed with Luna. 

I see that Z is letting his hair grow back to make him look less like a dickhead.  

Another who’s the father story?  🐂💩 upon 🐂💩 upon 🐂💩.  Luna throws up once and she thinks she’s pregnant.  I really hate where this is going. The monkeys with a keyboard are putting a sweet young lady in the same ilk as that elitist my shit don’t stink Stuffy. 

Speaking of my shit doesn’t stink, you have Ridge. His shit stinks worse than projectile diarrhea. 

• Like 4

Who is Brooke to use family card.  The woman who slept with her sisters husband, husband's brothers, stepson. She has no right to speak to Zende. Family company and telling him to leave? 

While her child son who earned no place as a designer stays? 

Even RJ going on and on about Zende his family. When he doesn't care about trash his mother is?  His sister Hope exists because of what reason?

Why would Lauren be in shock? She knew before them.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6

Arrgg, how many brain cells did I kill in my misspent youth?  I would swear that pre-plastic surgery Sugar was at the foundry way back when.  Am I thinking of something else?  I thought Ridge would know who Sugar was, but he doesn't seem to know anything about her.  Could someone please refresh my memory?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I've never watched Y&R with Sheila and B&B is the first I've heard of Sugar so I'm  pretty sure that was Sheila at the foundry when Ridge "died" for a couple episodes. 

(Note, it was in the very next "post-death" episode that Brooke had sex with her husband's brother resulting in, yes, another WTD scenario.)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I completely agree about SK's acting chops. He's the best actor on the show, was the best on Y&R, was the best on GH.  I've been a fan since his AJ Quartermain days.

Deacon deserves so much better than Sheila.  Maybe put him back with Brooke. She needs to lose all those pounds of useless Sludge.  Better yet when Deacon realizes Sheila is out for revenge on everyone, team him with Li to bring Sheila down and have them slowly carefully fall in love.

Amber's possible return -- I have to admit I've always had a soft spot for her, here and on Y&R. Having her and Deacon's son (whatever name he goes by now) come back to Bell A could really work,  D-son has his father and half sister Hope in town. And if D-son is now a chef there's another tie. Plus I think Amber's return, especially if she's with Thomas, will drive Ridge crazy.  Better still if Amber and Thomas are married.

Finn defending Sheila is absolutely nuts, but i love that it's driving Stuffy's OTT anger.  Finn is going to realize what a raging entitled spoiled princess beyotch he's married to and leave Stuffy's entitled spoiled princess beyotch ass in an LA minute. You love to see it.  

Edited by La di Diva
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, Cool Breeze said:

About four Thomases ago,

Hide contents

wasn't Amber his first love?

Or am I thinking of Rick?  But Thomas too, no?

The answer is yes, and both were underaged when she boinked them.

It's made even worse when you know Amber and Rick often babysat him and the twins with their own son.

3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Who is Brooke to use family card.  The woman who slept with her sisters husband, husband's brothers, stepson. She has no right to speak to Zende. Family company and telling him to leave? 

It didn't stop her from chewing out Katie for getting pregnant by Nick! 

That said, I agree that she shouldn't have gone with that angle bc neither she or Ridge have a leg to stand on. But Brooke *has* survived assaults, even if canon refuses to acknowledge two of them as such. But Andy had no such ambiguity and she could have damn well played that card and still be a protective mama bear that she's usually been in the past with the other kids without coming off a a hypocrite.

Even still, whatever punishment Zende gets--the first time any has been doled out to a Forrest in 37 seasons for this--will be a slap on the wrist anyway, so imma give it a pass today.

Ridge, OTOH? Not so much.

4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Speaking of my shit doesn’t stink, you have Ridge. His shit stinks worse than projectile diarrhea. 

He is the absolute last person in all of B&B's canon to throw shade on anyone's mommy issues.

Both Brooke AND Taylor have BOTH made comments that Stephanie's over involvement in his sex life was more than a little unhinged and both have said that to Stephanie's face (and gotten slapped for it lol). If that doesn't speak volumes to the level of codependence of those two, I don't know what does.

• Like 7

Brooke really, as much as I love you, please don't talk to other people about betraying family members. I know it was a long time ago, but you did set the bar really, really high. 

At least Carter had the good grace to tell Zende he had done the same thing. 

• Like 13
10 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

I've never watched Y&R with Sheila and B&B is the first I've heard of Sugar so I'm  pretty sure that was Sheila at the foundry when Ridge "died" for a couple episodes. 

Right, Sugar was played by soap vet Robin Mattson.  Those few days when Ridge was presumed dead were glorious.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't even comment on whatever Brooke said to Zende, because I spent the whole episode wondering what the hell she was wearing. 

Really, though, nobody on this show has the standing to rip Zende for this one. They've all banged more than one member of a family. (There are only three families in L.A., so the pickings are slim.) But I do wish that Brooke would focus more on the whole "you should have made sure she was really truly there for you and ready to take this step" angle, because she had just turned him down, and, like Brooke pointed out, she had just been on his cousin's arm that night, with no sign of any trouble between the two of them. Nobody on canvas can throw shade about banging a relative's love interest or ex, but he owed it to Luna to make sure she was an enthusiastic participant. And, tangentially, if he'd had even an ounce of concern for his cousin in there, it might have led to him getting more information and realizing Luna was not there for him. Doing the right and respectful thing would have led to him not doing the wrong thing. 

I don't know why, because I wasn't even watching when Eric was with Sheila, but every time he is involved in a Sheila conversation, I feel like Eric is still riding some affection for her, and like if it wasn't for Ridge and Steffy being all "hell to the fuck no," about giving her a shot, Eric would be fine with it. I think it's something in the way JMc plays it when he talks about her. I'm not saying he wants her back or anything, just that he kind of likes her, despite knowing he shouldn't. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

If Eric drank the Kool-Aid and decided to give Sheila a second chance (as an acquaintance to be civil to, not romantically), well, at least it might drum up an interesting SL. There's that.  

I just can't with Deacon, Liam, and Steffy. Liam never was close to Deacon when "Daddy" was Liam's FIL, and since Lope is divorced, Liam has even less reason to go dump on Deacon about Sheila. Deacon should have told Liam to mind his own business and get lost.

I am even less interested in whether Luna is pregnant or not. Both the actresses playing Luna and Poppy are pretty terrible. Luna has shown some potential, though, when she's paired with better actors like DD.

Brooke's dress! My eyes!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Sheila is so dangerous and needs to stay away but everyone keeps going to her.  If she's such a huge danger why is Steffy going to her unarmed and alone?  Same circles.  

Luna thinks bringing the test to the design office with all the Forrester's there was great idea? 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Liam, Stuffy, and Ridge think they are hot 💩 but they are just warm diarrhea.  

Liam, Stuffy has ask for one thing and one thing only?  Such 🐂💩. Stuffy never asked. Stuffy demands. 

Stuffy in her dominatrix outfit is just a thing of beauty (not).  🤢🤮

The possibility of Luna being pregnant even though she’s on the pill is only a 100% possibility in the world of soap operas. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I would be so proud of TPTB if Luna turns out to be pregnant and decides to have an abortion.  (Without going cuckoo like Ashley did on Y&R when she aborted Victor's baby decades ago.) 

If this show were able to put aside its very conservative, traditionalist roots, e.g., news of Luna and Zende would "ruin her reputation", etc., it would show growth among the Bells and would allow growth of the characters.  If Luna were to decide, perhaps even against her mother's wishes (the mother who decided to keep Luna and raise her as a single mom), that she was too young to be a mother, doesn't want to be a single mother and wants to focus on her career?  That would be interesting.  Instead of completely ignoring the other option available to her.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I can just hear Brooke gushing now, "A baby is a gift." No thought given to the fact that Luna and R.J. are barely in their '20s and maybe aren't ready for the responsibilities of raising a child and of course, the obligatory marriage.  🙄

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

I would be so proud of TPTB if Luna turns out to be pregnant and decides to have an abortion.  (Without going cuckoo like Ashley did on Y&R when she aborted Victor's baby decades ago.) 

I was thinking that while watching yesterday. It would certainly be an interesting storyline choice, and all of her circumstances make her a decent candidate for that storyline. She's young and not at a stage in her life where she'd likely be ready to become a mother. The pregnancy may be the result of a "misunderstanding night." I fear, though, that if the show did go there, they'd also punish her for it. 

Speaking of her and RJ, I do like that RJ keeps saying that what happened is Luna's private information. Getting some kind of revenge on Zende isn't worth violating her privacy like that for him. 

Steffy has clearly never heard of the concept of "don't start none, won't be none," has she? When has charging over to confront Sheila ever gone well for her? And what does she want Sheila to do, promptly die for her so that she can get things back the way she liked them? 

And I'd have paid good money for Deacon to just look at Liam and say "I'm sorry, but why, exactly, do you think you have some kind of say in my life?" I hate Sheila and that Deacon is "in love" with her, but Steffy, Liam, and Ridge sure make it hard to root for them even though they're right about her. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CharlizeCat said:

I can just hear Brooke gushing now, "A baby is a gift." No thought given to the fact that Luna and R.J. are barely in their '20s and maybe aren't ready for the responsibilities of raising a child and of course, the obligatory marriage.  🙄

I was 21 and my wife was 19 when we got married. A year later we had our first child. I never ever regretted it. Between us we were making $300 a week and we lived like royalty but this was then and not like now. With that said, the young couple are actually independently wealthy and if Luna wanted to pursue her career, she could have a nanny just like Hope and Stuffy.  

• Like 3
On 5/14/2024 at 11:54 AM, TVForever said:

Can we have anyone but Brooke and Carter lecture Zende about “sexual  ethics”?

There it absolutely no one on canvas whose hands are clean on that. I mean, Ridge is just as much an entitled rapist as he is and Eric spent half his first marriage to Stephanie stepping out on her. The Taytots? LOL.... LMFAO, even. And no one respects Liam's opinion about anything for entirely understandable reasons. Maybe Donna is the only one with any credibility as any cheating I can think of was either way back in her teens or a set up by crazy ass Pam IIRC.

But they COULD have had Brooke speak up as a survivor and that would've gone a long, long, long way to make her not look like a complete fool and acknowledge to the audience that anyone is taking this issue of rape seriously.

9 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I was 21 and my wife was 19 when we got married. A year later we had our first child. I never ever regretted it. Between us we were making $300 a week and we lived like royalty but this was then and not like now. With that said, the young couple are actually independently wealthy and if Luna wanted to pursue her career, she could have a nanny just like Hope and Stuffy.  

I am extremely glad that it worked out for you and your wife 🥰

That said, this is just one of many instances as to how soaps today are stuck in the past.  Hell, even B&B itself acknowledged in its second episode ever that not all, or even many, marriages involving out of wedlock babies end up happily ever after with Stephanie and Eric. Hell, I was in middle school when the drama with Amber and Rick's shotgun wedding was taking place and my mom (who, I realize now was younger than I am now at the time, yikes!) was rolling her eyes saying there was no way in hell some wealthy ass kid would step up like that, much less two when CJ joined in the Frey.

If there is anything I am hoping with for that new show The Gates, it's that the show runners decide to craft a show with 21st century viewers in mind rather that sticking with tropes invented in the 1950s. Let nonconventional families like the Spectras exist. Let queer characters exist as more than easily removeable background characters. Let toxic situations actually be called toxic. And while children can be blessings, not all pregnancies are and we can and should have that reflected more often, especially in a situation like this.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

And I'd have paid good money for Deacon to just look at Liam and say "I'm sorry, but why, exactly, do you think you have some kind of say in my life?" I hate Sheila and that Deacon is "in love" with her, but Steffy, Liam, and Ridge sure make it hard to root for them even though they're right about her. 

I know, right? Why is he mollycoddling that asshat? 

Okay, I have to get this out:

ROWRRRRRR, was Sean lookin uberly hawt yesterday.

I was all like:

In Love Hearts GIF

Swooning In Love GIF

Ahem.

Watching those scenes with Deacon and Liam, made me think--were they both on GH together? I'm thinking...no? I think Billy Warlock was AJ when we got Clifton as Dillon.

And with all this talk of defective condoms--Luna didn't actually say that RJ used one-just that she's on the Pill, and Zende did cover up, she thinks. How the FUCK would she know? It just reminded me of (and sorry for seguing), the 2007 Summer Story of ELQ's Defective Condoms that landed both Lulu and Elizabeth Pregnant. They did a great job of Lulu getting the abortion (and yes, Clifton's Dillon was the one that knocked her up); and naturally Elizabeth kept her precious Jaysus' child. I loved it for the simple fact that it made Cujo's head explode (when she learned about almost two years later!), and that Elizabeth is the only one of her rivals to be the mother of his child.

But back to Luna. What is she, 12? With the way she's panicking of maybeee being preggers and doesn't want to know, but wants her Mommmyyyyyy to tell her if the test is positive or negative.

It's a shame that this soap and GH has regressed SO MUCH re social issues, when the latter was so progressive in the 70s-90s. And this show is in California!

• Like 7

Oh, good, now it’s Poppy’s turn to get a load of sanctimonious Brooke. Poppy popping legally-obtained happy pills (I presume they’re legal in BelLA), & having nothing to do with the chaos caused by her adult daughter confusing Mom’s mints for Daughter’s mints, is not in the same stratosphere as getting pregnant with your son-in-law’s baby. Have yourself a seat, Brooke. 

Also, to answer Deacon’s question, I’d like to see a smile on Hope’s dad’s face. 😏

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Is it possible Poppy will lie to Luna-tic that she's preggers, and push a quickie RJ marriage? Then cross her fingers Luna gets actually pregnant really really quickly afterward or else oops, must be a "miscarriage" when Luna has her period

Luna-tic would then be a Forrester and in the money and social position. Poppy could push to get her own clothing line.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
25 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

Is it possible Poppy will lie to Luna-tic that she's preggers, and push a quickie RJ marriage? Then cross her fingers Luna gets actually pregnant really really quickly afterward or else oops, must be a "miscarriage" when Luna has her period

Luna-tic would then be a Forrester and in the money and social position. Poppy could push to get her own clothing line.

That would be the first genuinely interesting twist this idiotic story would have, so I assume the answer is gonna be no. I'd love to be wrong, however.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And with all this talk of defective condoms--Luna didn't actually say that RJ used one-just that she's on the Pill, and Zende did cover up, she thinks. How the FUCK would she know?

I didn't catch it, but I think I asked about it on here back when it initially happened, and someone said that Zende did tell Luna he used a condom. 

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They did a great job of Lulu getting the abortion

Wait, you mean to tell me that Lulu got an abortion?  You'd think she'd have mentioned that a time or 10,000 back then. (I honestly had forgotten all about that storyline until you brought it up, and then I immediately flashed back to it practically being part of her name for like a year.) 

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

Wait, you mean to tell me that Lulu got an abortion?  You'd think she'd have mentioned that a time or 10,000 back then. (I honestly had forgotten all about that storyline until you brought it up, and then I immediately flashed back to it practically being part of her name for like a year.) 

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

I know, right? But you have to admit, it was done well. And who'dathunk that Luke would be there for his gumdrop? I only mentioned it for two reasons-the story-and because Clifton was Dillon, and he's well, Liam here.

• Like 1

Stuffy nothing prepared you to see Shiela face to face but yet you were the one to seek Shiela out. 

Oh what a great day, Luna is not pregnant and all is right in the world. 

Brooke, a little hypocritical are we in lecturing Poppy about her mints. It’s not like alcohol hasn’t clouded your judgment. Brooke you chose to drink. Poppy didn’t give Luna her mints on purpose.  Poppy took to mints and you took to alcohol both drugs.  

Liam, the sniveling waffle boy, is at it again in trying to prove that he’s better for Stuffy than Finn. 

Hope is also being a little hypocritical about Deacon and Shiela. Didn’t she want to be with Thomas. I’m not comparing Shiela to Thomas as to nefarious acts just that they are both pariahs. 

• Like 3

Brooke running around being a hypocrite to everyone. Brooke is going to judge Poppy on what she did to her own daughter?  

Can RJ and Luna go swap places with Thomas and Douglas? 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Ha! Ha! AN's facial expressions were everything today when Deacon told her about his engagement to Sheila. Priceless!

So, I thought Poppy told Luna the pregnancy test was negative. I kept waiting for the show to conclude with a zoom-in on the pregnancy test stick in the trash with the second line finally formed. It seems to me that's the end of the non-WTD SL. 

And of course, Poppy carelessly tossed the used pregnancy test stick in the trash in the communal office where somebody is bound to find it (instead of in the ladies' room). I am banking on Zende or Brooke. Gross!

• Like 8
  • Useful 1