Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why is RJ and Luna visiting Eric more than anyone else?  He needs to be pushed as the heir of Eric. 

That's what I was wondering. RJ is such a mealy-mouthed suck-up. And like I've stated before, he talks to Eric like Eric is a child. It's laughable.

The actress who plays Li is sooooo bad. She was OK when she was a decent person who saved Finn's life, but makes a terrible villain. Very wooden and one-note.

Listening Bill wax poetic about the "festival of love" was hilarious. I wonder how much acid he'd dropped. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Oh, God, shut up, Li. I haven't so completely changed my opinion of a character this fast for as long as I can remember. I loved Li, but the second her niece showed up in town, she became a total bitch. Why is she wandering around FC looking for her niece and sister to bitch at? And why are they even entertaining her bullshit at this point?  Poppy should just be laughing and saying "you can keep going, but I'm not listening. You don't have even a tiny bit of the right to tell me or my daughter where we live, where we work, or who we date."  How many times are we going to see the exact same scene between her and one or both of them? If this is all the character is going to do, write her off instead of Wyatt. I used to love the idea of Li/Bill, but now I just hope he catches her bitching at Poppy and shuts her down. 

I'm stunned that we actually got scenes of Wyatt leaving. I figured he was done already. As much as I hate Liam these days, I wish Wyatt's goodbye scenes would have been with both Bill and Liam. Those three together have always been gold. Really, though, Liam is the Spencer son who needs to take a trip out of town to get into a new environment and figure his shit out. Since Wyatt was still around this long, I'm confused as to why they didn't keep him a little bit longer so he could be on screen when Bill finds out Luna is his daughter. Poor girl isn't even going to get her fun older brother, she's going to be stuck with the dud who will probably whine to her about her cousin 24/7. 

I realized today that they pretty much dropped Donna off the face of the earth once Eric came out of surgery. Can't interfere with spending his screen time as a prop for the RJ/Zende rivalry and incoming RJ/Luna/Zende triangle by having his longtime love or any other relative show up at his bedside. Did Bridget and Thorn just say "he survived surgery? OK, peace out!"? And none of his other kids thought to pop in and visit their nearly died father after their safari?  

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
31 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I realized today that they pretty much dropped Donna off the face of the earth once Eric came out of surgery. Can't interfere with spending his screen time as a prop for the RJ/Zende rivalry and incoming RJ/Luna/Zende triangle by having his longtime love or any other relative show up at his bedside. Did Bridget and Thorn just say "he survived surgery? OK, peace out!"? And none of his other kids thought to pop in and visit their nearly died father after their safari?  

In Bradley’s mind, I’m sure they’re all in town and saw Eric.  It’s just that their interactions were offscreen.  Felicia has been “in town but offscreen” for years, and I think maybe Thorne might have had the same status for some years.  

At the very least they could have had a scene of Brooke on the phone.  “Yeah Rick, he’s ok.  Your jeep broke down and it’ll take three weeks to get spare parts?  So all of you are living in a tree?  How convenient that your jeep had a month’s worth of food and water in the back.  Maybe it broke down because it was overloaded!  Anyways, glad you still have cell signal.  Maybe in a month, the viewers will have forgotten to wonder if you ever made it home!”

• LOL 12

They actually gave Wyatt an exit, I am pleased and very surprised. It made me so sad though, because it reminded me of how much I love Wyatt's witty repartee with his father and brother.  As said above, they should keep Wyatt and let Liam go. 

However, given that RJ is now seeking to move out on his own, I am sure it was tied to him taking over the beach house. Or maybe Luna taking it over once Bill finds out he has a daughter. 

• Like 14

I hate what they's done to Li and turning her into a first class bitch, and I agree she shouldn't wandering around FC and nosing into Luna's business.  However, I feel the same way about Poppy.  Why is she nosing in her daughter's business at FC since Luna's supposed to be, you know, working?  And what does Poppy do for a living?

I don't like Poppy and I'm not looking forward to a suddenly entranced $Bill mooning all over her.

And I'll miss Wyatt.

• Like 6
34 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Just watched Poppy's enchanting, enthralling, eye-opening "dancing."

BWAH!!! 😂

Could we have gotten a more appropriate venue for that? 🙄 Then the lunch patrons applauding when $Bill stood up and kissed her. I'd be all "Check, PLEASE."

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Poor Eric. Coming home from the hospital finally and his idiot son who almost pulled the plug on him is sitting there still regretting his choice.

If Bill hates Shelia so much why go to Deacons restaurant? Also, Deacons doing that well with a psychopath as his main waitress?

Poppy dancing for Bill in a casual outdoor restaurant was so cringeworthy and just wrong. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Poppy dancing for Bill in a casual outdoor restaurant was so cringeworthy and just wrong. 

OMG, I watched it twice and still reeling with embarassment. So dumb. That was elevator music too, sweet jeebus! I'm curious what pill she keeps poppin' in her mouth? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Bill hates Shelia so much why go to Deacons restaurant? Al

He told her he was going to keep coming so she knows he's watching or something like that.  

So Eric is perfectly healthy now from mystery illness?  

Carter is there for his return home because the man who had an affair with Quinn is family.  Where's Zende? Thomas? What happened to Thorne? 

Poppy's eyes glazing over that Sheila was seeing could be more the pill she was popping. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Artsda said:

He told her he was going to keep coming so she knows he's watching or something like that.  

Oh, ok, but does he really think she'll be rattled because he's watching her?  

• Like 1

Yes Poppy, this Shiela is the one who tried to kill your sister. Poppy is now conflicted because she doesn’t know if she should be happy or sad the way Li treats her. 

What to make of Poppy dancing in the restaurant?  She’s a hell of a lot more fun than Brooke, Stuffy, or Hope and definitely Li. 

As Bill was holding Poppy’s cheeks, I didn’t realize that Bill has large hands and fingers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2024 at 7:16 AM, RuntheTable said:

They actually gave Wyatt an exit, I am pleased and very surprised. It made me so sad though, because it reminded me of how much I love Wyatt's witty repartee with his father and brother.  As said above, they should keep Wyatt and let Liam go. 

However, given that RJ is now seeking to move out on his own, I am sure it was tied to him taking over the beach house. Or maybe Luna taking it over once Bill finds out he has a daughter. 

So that means I have to watch. I've taken a long break from show as I was so sick of Eric's mystery illness and death watch. 

I will forever be salty that they didn't revisit Hott as Darin had even more chemistry with Annika than with Kim, even in just the few scenes they had together, and both actors were in favor of that. Instead, we had to go more rounds of the ToD 2.0. Worse, as hot as Thope was, initially, having to see Hope paired with the man who helped to keep her child from her and used his own son as part of his plan to get into Hope's pants when Wyatt was right there.

Because Thomas isn't the only man who only had eyes for Hope. Wyatt was that man and Hope chose to walk away from him and the fidelity, loyalty, stability and hot AF sex, to go back to waffling Liam.

From AN and DB's very first scenes together, they had IT. So much wasted potential.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

My favorite pairing for Wyatt was Katie. She actually laughed when she was with him!

Darrin Brooks is the best actor on this show. He has chemistry with everybody.  Honestly this show is so bad it doesnt deserve him. I stopped watching a fee months ago and haven’t missed it for a second. 

Caught it today… heard DB was back, didn’t know it was just to say goodbye! Based on the schmaltz I saw today (even DD was AWFUL in his scenes).. it is really at a low and I am not teady to come back to this one at all.

Edited by lgprimes
Typos!
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Since when is Bill Spencer’s, where Wyatt lived, that close to Stuffy’s house?  Stuffy’s house is in Malibu and Wyatt’s place somewhere near Venice Beach?  Also, didn’t Taylor buy the beach house from Bill?  They are trying to confuse an old man. 

After seeing Z today, I’m firmly convinced he’s a worse actor than RJ. He’s such a penis head. 

Did Luna admit to RJ that she’s a virgin when she said she was waiting for the right guy 🤔?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Doesn't Wyatt have a job at Spencer? He's leaving town? 

Have they mentioned where is Flo?  They're acting like she doesn't exist or not engaged. 

Taylor had the house why are they ignoring that?

I'm surprised they had Zende in those scenes today with Eric and Brooke/Ridge but not RJ.  Even the line about Eric thanking Zende for all the visits it's like the writers know there was backlash on only RJ being scene at hospital. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Have they mentioned where is Flo?  They're acting like she doesn't exist or not engaged. 

Fine by me!

Shame on this show for ditching Wyatt. He has that special magical ability of making Liam vaguely tolerable. That’s next level shit right there. Show should be bottling it, not getting rid of it. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Instead of taking her home to his mansion, Bill takes Poppy to the beach house for a long night of passion.

Coincidentally, RJ also takes Luna to the beach house for 45 seconds of fumbling awkwardness and an "Oops, sorry Luna".

Why writers, why? It was bad enough you subjected us to Poppy's 'dancing' but now we have to sit through the awkwardness I presume is to come?

Edited by aussieinsydney
Repeated phrase
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Bridget had some memorable scenes in the "Beach House". Didn't Zoe paint a lovely mural on the wall ?? The scene of so many trysts and love connections. Never have I ever seen Taylor there. Wyatt turning over the keys to the new "tenant" seemed normal...it's his Daddy's place so he shoulda-coulda-woulda had permission to sub-let or re-lease. 

After more cringy hippy love poetry from $Bill and equally sappy dialogue from pill-popping Poppy, they decide to take it to the next level. WHY DID $BILL NOT TAKE POPPY TO HIS PALATIAL HOME TO WOO HER IN COMFORT AND LUXURY ?? Nah, she's only worthy of a beach shack. 

"Monday, Monday, can't trust that day"...We will be treated [along with RJ & Luna] to a partially unclothed $Bill and Poppy expressing her uninhibited, free, joyous self. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Wyatt turning over the keys to the new "tenant" seemed normal...it's his Daddy's place so he shoulda-coulda-woulda had permission to sub-let or re-lease. 

And Wyatt did tell him he already found a new tenant, which makes it doubly weird that Bill chose to go there. For all he knew, the new tenant could have already started moving in. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Brad Bell probably had some HIGH-larious Three’s Company style hijinks in mind for our couples and, being completely devoid of imagination or any familiarity with how humans act, he was determined to make it happen, no matter how awkward and unnatural. As usual, his dumb idea will be executed with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

This has the potential to be almost as awkwardly awful as the time All My Children had Kendall and Ryan start playing strip poker with her mother and his father. 

Also, it's bad enough they're giving Bill another surprise adult child he didn't get to raise (Kelly is right there, show!), but do they think it's going to make the story less annoying to have the unknowing father and daughter catch each other in the middle of getting it on? 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
On 1/19/2024 at 2:14 PM, Waldo13 said:

Did Luna admit to RJ that she’s a virgin when she said she was waiting for the right guy 🤔?  

Can I just say as a side note how incredibly tired I am of this trope? Especially in a show set in Los Angeles of all places, where no one on this show was raised as an evangelical or a Mormon?

Hope was the one case where her being defined by her "morality" and "virtue" was understandable but even there, it wore off rather quickly.

18 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Bridget had some memorable scenes in the "Beach House". Didn't Zoe paint a lovely mural on the wall ?? The scene of so many trysts and love connections. Never have I ever seen Taylor there.

Taylor was actually the original owner. Stephanie bought it for her the first time she came back from the deasas a Please Get Brooke From My Son present, lived there for. a few years until she has the twins, then she and Ridge moved. Then, Bridget and Deacon moved in until that marriage fell apart and I think Rick and/or Amber also lives there for a time. Bridget and Nick were there during their first marriage, then I want to say Rick occupied it cuz I'm pretty sure Steffy was deflowered there. And *then* it came into Bill's possession when he got FC and most of their assets and he and Katie lived in it until they bought Taylor's house that she left the beach house for.from there, it got used as a bachelor pad until Wyatt moved in and had that mural painted and he's been the one there ever since.

I know a Normal Amount™ of things about this show 🫠🙃

On aside tangent, the one thing I notice in my watch of the older seasons is that B&B used to do really grand reveal of new key locations. Things like Brooke's first house with Ridge or Clarke's office after he married Sally or when Macy opened her office house Insomnia back when those were a neat novelty and not a dime a dozen put me in mind of the first Star Trek movie where we get a looooiong reveal of the redesigned Enterprise when Kirk is seeing her for the first time in years. 

I know part of that is budgets, but I miss that energy in the show.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Brad Bell probably had some HIGH-larious Three’s Company style hijinks in mind for our couples and, being completely devoid of imagination or any familiarity with how humans act, he was determined to make it happen, no matter how awkward and unnatural. As usual, his dumb idea will be executed with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

You know, I'll give Bell this much: it's peak cringe, but at least is mildly funny cringe like the scene of Bridget's family listening in on her and Deacon and not actively offensive like the shit with Eric's ED or rage inducing like any time Ridge opens his pie hole or actively depressing like the year of hell that was watching Hope sink into depression about her baby with no break for the entire 8 months Beth was away from her.

I honestly can't even say this is the worst scene of the show this month, much less in the last few years. B&B has been in desperate need of levity and yeah, this ain't it but if the choice is this, any of those options, or him groveling at sourpuss Katie's feet? It'll take this.

RIP to RJ and Luna'a eyes, tho 🙃

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 10
(edited)

@Anna Yolei....thanks for the reminder. Since I never liked the Hunter Tylo version of Taylor I used her scenes to switch out the laundry, or whatever.

Honestly, the new and now departed version never thrilled me either. 

Luna was popping a pill before she and RJ started sucking face...please tell me it was really a breath mint and she doesn't have her mom's addiction !! Not a problem. Finn can cure them like he cured Steffy...2 fer 1 price break

Edited by Peppermint
mis-spelled
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
25 minutes ago, Peppermint said:

Since I never liked the Hunter Tylo version of Taylor I used her scenes to switch out the laundry, or whatever.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I came into the show in '99 with know idea of her history so it was easy for me to like her but God, in hindsight? Tylo was as shrill in her lines as Thorston Kaye is bellowing and loud. I'm beyond glad those two never shared a scene together.

I deeply prefer Krista Allen's version because my new Chihuahua from the shelter isn't screaming his head off every time she appears on my scream.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
10 hours ago, Peppermint said:

Luna was popping a pill before she and RJ started sucking face...

I thought it was minty fresh gum. She always gets this look of disgust when she has to kiss him.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Who is this man masquerading as $Bill fucking Spencer? Really Show? I don't mind a softer Bill, but this platitude spewing, over the top gushing, about how wonderful Poppy is, and how he never forgot her is just way, way, way too much. It's not that I don't like Poppy, I do, I think she is a breath of fresh air, but that person she is about to throw down with is some doppelganger of the real deal Bill. 

But honestly, I will take anything over him begging Katie. 

I can think of two more Beach House inhabitants; Grant and Eric, who was there during one of his splits from Stephanie. It was when he married Brooke to try to convince Bridget that she was done with Nick. It also produced one of my favorite ever scenes, when Stephanie shows up and tells Eric to have sex with Brooke, saying she wanted to watch to see what all the hubbub was about. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I honestly can't even say this is the worst scene of the show this month, much less in the last few years. B&B has been in desperate need of levity and yeah, this ain't it but if the choice is this, any of those options, or him groveling at sourpuss Katie's feet? It'll take this

Yeah, I mean, I probably cringe harder whenever the dreaded “cha cha cha” is uttered (I even feel like a fucking idiot typing it out). I might have pulled something cringing at obnoxious Rick roaring “I own your ass!” at Ridge. Holy crap, this show is loaded with cringe. I like levity too, though it’s better when it’s intentional. It’s too bad Bell has never grasped earth-based humor.

The scene with Poppy dancing at the restaurant offered some amazing secondhand embarrassment too. Dancing in public is apparently shorthand for free spirit. The applause from the other diners was like the frosting on the cringe cake. Forget this month, Luna catching her parents sexytimes might not be the most awkward moment this week.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Yeah, I mean, I probably cringe harder whenever the dreaded “cha cha cha” is uttered (I even feel like a fucking idiot typing it out).

Lord, please let them leave that behind when they eventually reunite those two. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Wasn't it also at the beach house where Brooke came riding in on a horse to stop Ridge from (re)marrying Taylor? Right through the front door?

"Hold it right there Padre. There won't be a wedding today!" LOL

• LOL 4

The beach house is so confusing. Did Taylor rent from Bill during her time there? Where did Wyatt stay during that time? If Bill owns the beach house why is Wyatt the one finding a renter? Bill mentioned the renter but must not know that RJ already has a key? Bill has a mansion, not sure why he would want to get it on at the place his son has been staying. Did Wyatt change the sheets or do they have a maid for the one bedroom beach house?  Is Wyatt leaving that night, not knowing where he is going? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Interesting that Zende and Carter registered the most emotion by far at Eric’s homecoming.  Some of the best performances ever by those actors.  (Almost felt like they were talking to JM himself, not Eric.  I hope he’s ok.)  Ridge didn’t even try to muster any feeling for the occasion.  

And what’s up with Poppy’s pills?  I wondered whether they’re for a serious medical condition that will soften her sister and eventually leave Luna motherless (but with a brand-new billionaire dad!)  But we just had Eric’s long, drawn-out health scare so I hope they wouldn’t do that again.  Especially for a character we just met and don’t know. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I think Pill-Poppy is taking a cannabis-laced edible, although I have never seen them in breath-mint form. I agree. We just went through Eric's near death so I don't think she is ill or dying. We also had the fairly recent Steffy opioid crisis, so I doubt the writers will go there with Poppy. However, given how unimaginative the writers are, it wouldn't faze me if they recycled that SL so soon. 

• Like 6

I hope I don't see any more "bow chika wow wow" sexy times between Bill/Poppy and RJ/Luna.  Neither couple is sexy to watch, and they just make me laugh.  

There's so much talk about Eric's "recovery" and so much praise for Finn, I'm now wondering if Eric's gonna drop dead soon. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Yeah even Thomas is getting in on the Finn praise, you know the guy who’s accusing him of murder?

RJ/Luna - please, can we just stop ? I actually like Luna but this pairing is a bust.  Move on writers move on..they lack a basic ingredient - chemistry!!! 

I enjoyed the Steffy/Finn scenes today and the flashbacks. I will say one thing, I give the writers credit for having Steffy truly fall in love with another man and move on from Liam. Liam is clearly in her rear view as he should be. I’m not even a Steffy fan like that but she’s not repeating her mother’s mistake.  I wonder if something changed in this story because we had all those Steffy/Liam flashbacks a few months ago and it looked like they were going for a possible reunion but now I feel like they’re solidifying Steffy/Finn? On the flip side though all the talk of “together forever” usually means trouble. Who knows?? I’m just spitballing.  I still think the Hope/Finn thing 🤢 is a horrendous possibility but it will just be another Liam with Finn loving Steffy and sharing a child. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 10
On 1/21/2024 at 6:05 AM, RuntheTable said:

But honestly, I will take anything over him begging Katie

GOD this. In a show with Bridge, Thope and everyone Liam has ever been romantically involved with, it speaks volumes when THIS is the one I want revisited the least. They have seriously not had a single new conversation about their relationship since before Pokemon Go was released and what chemistry they had in 2009 that made me think it was a shame Brad and Victoria didn't get together before Tom left Y&R has long since eroded.

On 1/21/2024 at 6:05 AM, RuntheTable said:

It also produced one of my favorite ever scenes, when Stephanie shows up and tells Eric to have sex with Brooke, saying she wanted to watch to see what all the hubbub was about. 

I have either never seen this scene or somehow put it out of mind, but either way, it just feeds the Stephanie/Brooke shippers who have always thought Steph's hatred of Brooke stemmed from way more than concern for her family 😂

53 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I will say one thing, I give the writers credit for having Steffy truly fall in love with another man and move on from Liam. Liam is clearly in her rear view as he should be. I’m not even a Steffy fan like that but she’s not repeating her mother’s mistake.

I wish Finn was an actual character instead of a Ken Doll accessory to Malibu Barbie but it's not like the writing is egregiously worse for him than anyone else on this show, so guess there's no point in beating that drum when the bigger problem of women never moving past a trash man has been resolved--especially when the relationship stemmed more from a rivalry by proxy that her mother encourage instead of any true love in the first place.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Question:  didn't  RJ and Luna see a car  (Bill's)  parked at the beach house when  they arrived?  I mean come on .  

Because Bill is on cloud 9 right now, he swept Poppy into his arms and floated them both from Il Giardino to the beach house. No need for a car when you're this gosh darn happy. 🤢

• LOL 13

What’s Li going to say when she finds out Bill is not a sugar daddy but Luna’s father 🤯🤯🤯. Bill is not going to take too kindly to Li chasing Poppy out of LA. 

I have to say that of all the young studs in LA, Bill is still the stallion 😜. His chest alone makes him a stallion and if hand size accounts for anything else, god bless Poppy. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9