Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I just discovered that Lawrence Saint Victor is one of the writers on the show. I’ve been checking out the socials for the cast while they are posting pics of their location shoot and he mentioned his recent Emmy nomination as part of the writing staff. You’d think he’d give himself better material. 

I don’t know why the characters think going to tell off Sheila in jail is very productive. She just feeds off the attention. 

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I don’t know why the characters think going to tell off Sheila in jail is very productive. She just feeds off the attention. 

Especially Finn. He has to know by now that she takes any bit of attention from him, even when he's saying "you need to stay away from me and my family," as a sign that he loves her and wants her to be a part of his family. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Especially Finn. He has to know by now that she takes any bit of attention from him, even when he's saying "you need to stay away from me and my family," as a sign that he loves her and wants her to be a part of his family. 

Right on. The worse thing you can do to a person who wants attention - any kind of attention, positive or negative is just completely ignore them. But of course this show doesn't operate in the real world!

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

They cant leave Sheila alone because Bell and co are obsessed with her being the show. Leave her alone to rot in prison and move on. Its been almost 2yrs of this Sheila crap. 

I dont mind seeing angry Finn though. 

Purple looks nice on Brooke. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Anyone else notice KA’s joker mouth today?  Wow!

Had to FF the scenes with Sheila as I am so damned sick of hearing the same old things.

Taylor and Brooke doth protest too much about their loyalty to their new BFF relationship.  Wait until one of them bags him then watch out!

RJ is a good actor but his teeth are distracting.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

RJ is a good actor but his teeth are distracting.

I spend every scene he is in looking at his mouth and wondering what is wrong with it. Is he wearing braces? Does his mouth not close properly?

Tay Tay and Deacon do have chemistry. I hadn't seen it in their earlier scenes when he was just the bar tender. Could this be the beginning of a new triangle for Brooke and Tay Tay with Deacon?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I spend every scene he is in looking at his mouth and wondering what is wrong with it. Is he wearing braces? Does his mouth not close properly?

Tay Tay and Deacon do have chemistry. I hadn't seen it in their earlier scenes when he was just the bar tender. Could this be the beginning of a new triangle for Brooke and Tay Tay with Deacon?

RJ doesn’t have much of an upper lip and it seems to disappear completely when he smiles or something.

• Like 3

Apparently I’m not the only one who can’t figure out why NuRJ looks odd when he speaks. It’s like he’s trying to hide his lower teeth while he doesn’t mind showing his upper teeth. I have almost never seen his lower teeth which is why I think this but who knows? It’s a shame that we aren’t talking about his acting abilities, etc instead of his teeth.

• Like 5

I googled NuRJ just to see images of him, and most of his pictures show him with his mouth closed.  The few shown where he's smiling show yellowish teeth.  It seems like it would be something correctable, but I'm no dentist, so I wonder what's going on with his mouth. 

Anyway, I feel kinda bad for commenting about his mouth, because I do like his acting and he seems like a nice guy. 

• Like 8

Taylor is so full of shit about trying to push Brooke and Deacon back together to get Ridge. Why is Taylor give Deacon such a hard sell on getting back with Brooke other than she wants Ridge for herself. Correct me if I’m wrong but has Taylor always been friendly with Deacon?  Hasn’t there been some animosity in their past or have that always been friendly?  Are the monkeys with a keyboard just testing the chemistry between Taylor and Deacon?  Is Taylor just trying to be a good friend to Brooke?  

• Like 6

Once again, NuTay is being flirty, girlish, simpering like a 6th grader. This woman is supposed to be a psychiatrist??!! So these writers truly expect us to believe this absolute shit?!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I think I could get behind a story where Taylor and Deacon are working together, trying to get him together with Brooke, but they fall for each other. Not to clear the decks for Brooke/Ridge, because, no. But, because I really feel like KA and SK have had a nice chemistry when they've shared screen time. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Steffy left out a "small" detail when she was crowing to R.J. about her  CEO-ship. IIRC, Quinn was the one who suggested the co-CEO position for Steffy and Ridge. I remember it occurred after "kissing-gate" but don't remember the reason. I think it was to get back in Eric's good graces, but I could be mistaken.

I'm shipping Taylor & Deacon as well. I like those two together. I think they'd be a lot of fun. Let Brooke have her "destiny" with the greasy hobo. 

Also, I thought that Sheila was now Deacon's great love. What happened there? When Deacon was involved with Sheila, he barely gave Brooke a second glance. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought that Taylor and Deacon had good chemistry a while back when they were hanging out together in her office. It sort of seemed like they were chem testing them and then they just dropped it for her to be pining for Ridge again. I’d like them to get together this time because that would at least be something fresh and a new start for them both. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/18/2023 at 2:16 AM, Angeleyes said:

I just discovered that Lawrence Saint Victor is one of the writers on the show. I’ve been checking out the socials for the cast while they are posting pics of their location shoot and he mentioned his recent Emmy nomination as part of the writing staff. You’d think he’d give himself better material. 

Wow, I did not know that either.  According to imdb.com LSV has written, since 2015, 40 episodes.  Good for him.  I'm sure he can only write non-Carter episodes.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 4

On today’s episode, Liam tells Wyatt that he’s not comfortable with Hope and Thomas working together. He trusts Hope, he just doesn’t trust Thomas’ motivations. Wyatt engages in the conversation with Liam, telling Liam Thomas is untrustworthy. Hope and Thomas talk at the office about how well they’re working together. Brooke asks Hope if there’s more going on, and warns Hope not to be like her.

This show is perfect for a memory care unit. If you forget what’s going on, no worries, they’ll keep showing the same conversations over and over.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Lurch’s designs suck the big one. If you put lipstick on a pig it’s still a pig. You send Lurch to fix his inner lecherous pig, he’s still a lecherous pig.  

How many times do we have to hear that Lurch and Hope work so well together. We get it. We are not little children that have to be reminded every single day. 

Is Liam that dim?  Yes, but I go on.  Liam doesn’t even wonder why Hope has a new found passion.  Her line has done well before so that can’t be it.  Generally, a new found passion has something to do with a new found desire.  

Well it’s confirmed, the way Hope looks at Lurch is not only upsetting Steffy but Brooke also.  Brooke, although she has already confronted Hope, she has to ask it once again because it seems to be stronger.  

The partially open door is back and Lurch, that most wonderfully changed person just has to ease drop on Brooke’s and Hope’s conversation. Changed my ass!!  Now WTF is Hope apologizing to Lurch for ease dropping on a private conversation?  

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
On 5/17/2023 at 4:16 AM, RuntheTable said:

Yeah, Imma bout done with all this Brooke' history crap.

Same here. Besides the hypocrisy of her biggest detractors, it is old and tiring and there's nothing new to be added to that. It only worked as long as it did in the past because of the chemistry between KKL and SF with her phenomenal acting and the long standing history, but none of that is present now for most of the characters between Steffy, who is more Brooke than Brooke Logan ever was. It's not a matter of if she'll steal one of Kelly's boyfriends, but when.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:56 PM, Artsda said:

So Liam that cheated his many times and Hope forgave all those times can't forgive if anything happens.  Hope needs to be done with him not because of Thomas, but because he he acts like he can do anything but she needs to follow orders. 

That's been par for the course with Liam (and men in general on this show TBH going back to day one of this show, but that's a different rant). Far be it from me to defend Steffy taking a Stallion ride, but her irritation at him kissing another woman that he barely knew when he thought he was dying was definitely worth some irw after all his waffle shenanigans that weren't that far in the past then.

But Hope? I'll be the first to say not all the problems Lope have faced were from Liam but lying and cheating have never come from Hope. He damn sure owes her a metric ass ton.

On 5/17/2023 at 3:40 PM, Waldo13 said:

Some friend Taylor.  You are trying to reunite Brooke and Deacon so you can have Ridge.

That's truly rich given Taylor had the nerve to bring up Bridget even AFTER Phoebe had died as an indirect result of her fucking Rick with all the reflection of a black hole.

Homegirl is as transparent as she is immature.

On 5/16/2023 at 4:18 PM, Waldo13 said:

Liam clearly said being alone together in another state but to check what he said, I turned on the CC. It was cleaned up, by whomever, and the CC read city.  I’ve been to LA and SF quite a few times for work. Southern California and Northern California really could be two different states. 

Having grown up in NorCal and lived in SoCal for nine years, this is very much true. As one example of this, what's known as the "California" Burrito (ie one with fries instead of beans and rice) should be called the San Diego Burrito because no one north of the 10 knows what the hell it is 🤣

The one thing uniting both parts of the state is that neither claims Bakersfield ;)

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I liked the scene of Thomas and Hope at the end. His hurt and disbelief, her shame of what he said and feeling bad for hurting him.  It was much more interesting and good chem than anything ever with Liam and Hope. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

I liked the scene of Thomas and Hope at the end. His hurt and disbelief, her shame of what he said and feeling bad for hurting him.  It was much more interesting and good chem than anything ever with Liam and Hope. 

Yes indeed. Good chemistry in that scene. Two things about the Brooke/Hope conversation and Thomas’s eavesdropping:

1) I really thought Thomas would overhear Hope or Brooke talking about Hope’s “feelings” for Thomas. Good timing on Hope’s part to cut in before Brooke could spill the beans 

2) didn’t it seem like Hope would initiate a kiss between her and Thomas when she was emotionally apologizing for what he overheard?  
Either number one or two happening would have ended on a Friday cliffhanger, but I guess the show wants to string things out even longer 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Same here. Besides the hypocrisy of her biggest detractors, it is old and tiring and there's nothing new to be added to that. It only worked as long as it did in the past because of the chemistry between KKL and SF with her phenomenal acting and the long standing history, but none of that is present now for most of the characters between Steffy, who is more Brooke than Brooke Logan ever was. It's not a matter of if she'll steal one of Kelly's boyfriends, but when.

That's been par for the course with Liam (and men in general on this show TBH going back to day one of this show, but that's a different rant). Far be it from me to defend Steffy taking a Stallion ride, but her irritation at him kissing another woman that he barely knew when he thought he was dying was definitely worth some irw after all his waffle shenanigans that weren't that far in the past then.

But Hope? I'll be the first to say not all the problems Lope have faced were from Liam but lying and cheating have never come from Hope. He damn sure owes her a metric ass ton.

That's truly rich given Taylor had the nerve to bring up Bridget even AFTER Phoebe had died as an indirect result of her fucking Rick with all the reflection of a black hole.

Homegirl is as transparent as she is immature.

Having grown up in NorCal and lived in SoCal for nine years, this is very much true. As one example of this, what's known as the "California" Burrito (ie one with fries instead of beans and rice) should be called the San Diego Burrito because no one north of the 10 knows what the hell it is 🤣

The one thing uniting both parts of the state is that neither claims Bakersfield ;)

I haven’t been to LA and SF since 1986.  I don’t know what it’s like these days but HFTF would be more fashionable in SF than in LA. Happy hour, in SF, was all cocktail dresses while happy hour, in LA, was shorts and tank tops.  

I don’t know what’s wrong with Bakersfield. I kind of like it. 

• Like 1

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Thomas is somehow manipulating Hope. It's the only thing that really makes sense. We went pretty much directly from the scene of him alone and monologuing about how he was going to do whatever it takes to get Douglas back to, the next time we saw him, him being all better and all "gosh, gee, golly" earnest about how he no longer has feelings for Hope and just wants to prove himself to everyone. There was zero development or explanation of that shift. Maybe he is drugging her, or maybe he's just figured out exactly how to play her, or maybe he's doing something else, but he is not reformed. 

And, I think this time it isn't about her being this pure angel he has up on a pedestal who he wants to be with. I think he is looking at her as "just as bad as Brooke," because he blames her for him losing his son. I think he's worming his way in to blow up her life so he can take Douglas away from her and leave her alone and miserable, because he thinks that's what she's done to him more than once.  

There's just something calculating and evil in the way he looks at her in those scenes when they're up close like that. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

else, but he is not reformed. 

And, I think this time it isn't about her being this pure angel he has up on a pedestal who he wants to be with. I think he is looking at her as "just as bad as Brooke," because he blames her for him losing his son. I think he's worming his way in to blow up her life so he can take Douglas away from her and leave her alone and miserable, because he thinks that's what she's done to him more than once

As tired as I am of everything related to this miserable slog of a story, I'd rather it be this than any genuine feelings on either of their parts. They managed to fool us with Bill, so I guess anything's possible.

Still, this narrow focus on one story is why the ratings have been piss. Which maybe doesn't mean much in a three-man race, but damn, does Brad Bell have any iota of embarrassment for what he puts his name onto?

...that's a rhetorical question, one long answered twenty years ago when he tried making Ridge and Bridge a thing but instead made the benchmark that every bad story was measured against ever since . .until Thope knocked it clean off it's pedestal.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

There's just something calculating and evil in the way he looks at her in those scenes when they're up close like that. 

Becauase he calculating and evil. I am glad he overheard what Hope said to Brook even if Hope may or may have not meant it. Because it struck a nerve on someone who should never ever be given a 2nd chance let alone a 3rd, 4th, 5th...eternity chance.

• Like 9

If they want to reform Thomas, and I do think they can, then they need to do something not involving Hope. Hope was never a great love of his life. She's always been a sick obsession, someone he wanted to possess. If he "gets" her, he's not going to be reformed, he's just going to be satisfied for the moment. The only real healthy romantic relationship he's had was Sally. 

Obviously, from what I've seen, Y&R is way more interested in using Sally than this show ever was, so that's probably out. So, the show needs to find a new actress and create a new character. Spend some significant time screen testing actresses against MA. Wait until you find someone where the chemistry just jumps off the screen at you, and cast her. Then write him a real long term story where he gets over his obsession and actually falls into real, selfless love. 

And he doesn't even have to become some white hat good guy. He can be gray. He can be a schemer. I don't think any of us would really buy him as a complete goody two shoes at this point, anyway. But, his scheming has to stop being so creepy and skeevy. Let him scheme to take the CEO slot away from his sister or father. Anything that isn't trying to manipulate a woman into bed or trying to seduce a woman who is already with someone else. 

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

They managed to fool us with Bill, so I guess anything's possible.

This just made something that I'm sure is not happening occur to me. Maybe Hope took a page out of Bill's book and is pretending to be into Thomas so she can get him to confess to his crimes (including murder). She can lay it on thick "it's so hot how far you would go to be with me. Tell me everything." 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5

I cannot bear to watch this Hope lusting after Thomas nonsense. I know this show has always had a problematic relationship with what constitutes consensual sex, so I should not have been surprised that they would make Hope fall for the man who treated her abusively and whose advances she's always resisted, even without knowing his laundry list of crimes against her, her daughter, husband and mother. Then again, she does not know the FULL list of those transgressions. Thomas really is his mother's child in that sense: just like years passed without anyone being the wiser to Taylor's transgressions (until today no one knows Taylor was ready to jump into bed with Eric way back in the early '90s) - no one knows that Thomas drugged Liam into bed with Steffy, or that he was ready to drug Hope into bed on their wedding night.

I'd really like Taylor, the self-serving cheerleader of a Breacon reunion, to wind up falling for Deacon herself. 

I'd also like RJ to get his own storyline. It doesn't need to romantic. He's an influencer; that comes with its own set of challenges. He could be dealing with difficulties upping his subscribers, a sleazy agent, a stalker, body image issues, boycotts, etc.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am somewhat confused. Is Hope really playing Thomas or was she just talking smack about him to get Brooke to STFU? I tend to think it's the latter, due to the ongoing "telltale heart" underscore. 

And Taylor is SOooo transparent. Yes, she wants Breacon to resurface so she can have Hobo Boy all to herself. Some pact. Some friend. 

I am sick to death of the ongoing drama with Hope and Thomas. Word to casting a completely new character for him to fall in love with and leave Hope alone. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
On 5/19/2023 at 11:57 PM, Anna Yolei said:

it is old and tiring and there's nothing new to be added to that. It only worked as long as it did in the past because of the chemistry between KKL and SF with her phenomenal acting and the long standing history, but none of that is present now for most of the characters between Steffy, who is more Brooke than Brooke Logan ever was

^^^The show keeps treating it like its something new which is hilarious because someone has always been on Brooke's head more often than not. 

That said, I'd probably care alot less if every side got their past(and present) dragged adequately. Having Deacon & Eric thrown in Brooke's face, while Rick and also Eric is never thrown in Taylor's is not good storytelling or character dynamic.

Hope being on a (weak) defense anytime Steffy goes in on her or her mom, with the ammo that Hope has on Steffy, is also unseemly. Even infamous teflon coated soap villains like Victor Newman, or Sonny Corinthos* have had more onscreen detractors than Steffy/Taylor. Of course they don't lose, but not everyone(save for their family members & not even then sometimes) is silent or purposefully unaware about the fact that they suck. Even if there's nothing to be done about it. 

*Sonny has actually made positive, successful changes in his life, & arguably taken a few hits, and is grey/anti-hero status now. Which is all the more ironic since these days he has the piss taken out him for taking the high road.*

Outside of repeating the same lines everyday for months on end, this show's problem has always been balance or lack thereof. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Skarzero said:

Hope being on a (weak) defense anytime Steffy goes in on her or her mom, with the ammo that Hope has on Steffy, is also unseemly.

I hate how somehow all of Steffy's crimes have been about everyone but Steffy. 

Steffy spent months becoming closer and closer to Bill as he plotted against Liam. Then, Liam exchanged one kiss with a friend when they thought they were dying, and he confessed it to Steffy, and she runs off and bangs his father, resulting in a WTD storyline that she most certainly does not confess to Liam. That somehow turned into damn near everyone in town acting like Bill raped Steffy, and then Steffy was the victim again when Liam hooked up with Hope. And Liam was still going to get back together with her, for the sake of the baby, until he found out Hope was also pregnant and had a decision to make. So, once again, it was all Hope's fault that Steffy lost Liam. 

Liam and Steffy have sex while he's married to Hope and she's committed to Finn, resulting in another WTD pregnancy. Liam, at least, had the shaky excuse that he just saw what he thought was Hope kissing Thomas. What was Steffy's excuse?  Finn had the gall to not be there that night to stop her from fucking her ex? But Liam was the only one who was portrayed as doing anything wrong, and he spent at least some time dealing with his guilt and then spent some time working to get Hope back. Steffy got a proposal from Finn pretty much immediately, with him not caring whose baby she was pregnant with. 

The show never writes Steffy as being the one at fault, even when she does blatantly shitty things, so it makes sense that Hope never gets to call her out on how much of a hypocrite she is when she rails on about Brooke doing the exact same shit that Steffy and her sainted mommy have done. Steffy reminds me very much of how GH has, for decades now, portrayed Carly as "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart." 

I'd probably pass out from shock if Hope finally snapped one day and said "enough about my mother. Haven't both you and your mother scored a father and two sons trifecta, too? And didn't your mother hook up with my brother when your sister was in love with him?"  Because we're clearly not supposed to remember that kind of stuff about them.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Skarzero said:

That said, I'd probably care alot less if every side got their past(and present) dragged adequately. Having Deacon & Eric thrown in Brooke's face, while Rick and also Eric is never thrown in Taylor's is not good storytelling or character dynamic.

1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

The show never writes Steffy as being the one at fault, even when she does blatantly shitty things, so it makes sense that Hope never gets to call her out on how much of a hypocrite she is when she rails on about Brooke doing the exact same shit that Steffy and her sainted mommy have done. Steffy reminds me very much of how GH has, for decades now, portrayed Carly as "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart." 

I'd probably pass out from shock if Hope finally snapped one day and said "enough about my mother. Haven't both you and your mother scored a father and two sons trifecta, too? And didn't your mother hook up with my brother when your sister was in love with him?"  Because we're clearly not supposed to remember that kind of stuff about them.  

I will post this again for the nth time:  why do the writers/producers make it soooo one sided?!   Do certain actors have it in their contract that their character can never ever ever be called out for all the crap they’ve done?  Are certain actors secretly related to (or sexing) the people who have the power to ensure their character can never ever ever be read the riot act?!  WHY so one sided for SO MANY YEARS? 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Hope STFU. You don’t owe Lurch an apology.  The only reason you feel the way you do about Lurch is because of Douglas and HFTF.  Hope you are just projecting your feelings because of Lurch being your “savior”. It like the captive falling in love with their captor.  Hope, I hope you washed your feet since you stuck on in your mouth. 

I said it before and I’ll say it again, if Hope dropped her clothes and sat on the desk, Lurch would be like Liam who. Lurch is the master of  manipulation. He doing the same thing to Hope as he did to Ivy and Caroline.  

• Like 7
On 5/21/2023 at 6:45 AM, Aymery said:

no one knows that Thomas drugged Liam into bed with Steffy, or that he was ready to drug Hope into bed on their wedding night.

Or the part he played in the death of Justin's niece.

I really don't want to see anyone in a relationship with Thomas.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 5/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Skarzero said:

Sonny has actually made positive, successful changes in his life, & arguably taken a few hits, and is grey/anti-hero status now. Which is all the more ironic since these days he has the piss taken out him for taking the high road.*

Side note,but I've heard nothing but terrible things about this character for years through the grapevine and he's been the benchmark against which all propped characters are measured agaist so it's great that the GH writers are getting their shit together and carrying this genre.

I'll say again that on characters in the history of soapdom have been as propped up as the Marone scions, and especially Steffy. As was noted above, even Victor Newman has people who will call him out, even if he wins far more than he loses.  It's always boring when one character gets to be right all the time and lionizes the screentime. I felt that way even when Nick Marone was the Prop of the Year, and he's a character I enjoyed far more at his worst than I ever have Thomas at his best.

• Like 10
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Side note,but I've heard nothing but terrible things about this character for years through the grapevine and he's been the benchmark against which all propped characters are measured agaist so it's great that the GH writers are getting their shit together and carrying this genre.

I'll say again that on characters in the history of soapdom have been as propped up as the Marone scions, and especially Steffy. As was noted above, even Victor Newman has people who will call him out, even if he wins far more than he loses.  It's always boring when one character gets to be right all the time and lionizes the screentime. I felt that way even when Nick Marone was the Prop of the Year, and he's a character I enjoyed far more at his worst than I ever have Thomas at his best.

No character in the history of soaps is more propped than Carly “Snarly” Corinthos on GH. She has never paid for a single misdeed or actual crime and every character on that show except one acts like she is a paragon of virtue. I’ve stopped watching GH because of her. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

When Bill said he needed to talk to Liam about the deals he’s been making, I was expecting him to just hold up a folder full of stick figure drawings of Thomas being murdered.

Of course Bill’s back on this creepster “My Katie” bs. The lack of self awareness was staggering. Bill plans to win back a woman who said she doesn’t want him (and who Bill admits is in a happy relationship with a good man) because they have a son together, then in the same breath says Thomas is a psycho and will use their son to get Hope back…………. Yes, Bill, men ignoring women saying no to them is disgusting and unacceptable. For everybody.

I don’t know if it’s possible given the writing, but the delivery for Liam’s lines is always so “girlfriend!” It always sounds like a woman talking. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t show the same convo every single day for the past 2 months.

This manufactured Braylor beef

Spoiler

to set up the Bridge reunion

is 🙄🙄🙄. You’re not friends anymore because she didn’t tell you—you know what it’s actually too stupid to even type out.

• Like 9

I know I’m repeating myself but I have to do it to comment on what is going on everyday. Lurch, do you have to stand that close to Hope if you’re not obsessed with her anymore.  Lurch you are close enough to smell her breath and feminine deodorant spray. 

Lurch what an insufferable prick. He just has to tell his mom that he overheard a conversation between Brooke and Hope about what was said about him.  First of all that was a private conversation and why on god’s green earth would Taylor feel that Brooke would or should tell her. Does Taylor tell Brooke about all her private conversations with Steffy or Lurch?  

Lurch please tell me how overhearing a private conversation is not ease dropping.  Lurch you had the opportunity to walk away as they were talking. Lurch and Taylor has earned a big fuck you today. 

Maybe Hope is just like Brooke, but Lurch is definitely like Taylor a sanctimonious ass hole. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Today seemed, to me, like confirmation that Thomas is still scheming. He had no reason to think Brooke had told Taylor about him overhearing her conversation with Hope. She wasn't in the room when Hope first asked Thomas if he heard them. He may suspect Hope told her mother after their conversation, but he should have been able to figure out that, even if she did, she was doing it right then, while he was talking to his mother. So, there was no chance for Brooke to have told Taylor yet. He wanted to stir up conflict in their friendship. You could tell by the way he said "oh, your BFF didn't tell you?" 

And, as @Waldo13 already mentioned, he stands right up in Hope's space when they're talking. 

Did I hear right? Bill babysat Beth and Douglas? Why did we not get some of that? They could have cut out one of the dozen daily conversations about Thomas and Hope everyone on the canvas is obligated to have to show us Bill spending time with the kids. 

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2023 at 8:18 PM, Anna Yolei said:

All true without a doubt. Like on paper he still sucks but Carly has taken his place as the writers pet that can do no wrong. She's more propped now in 2023 than he was in 2003. She's just more insufferable than he is, & I think that's what won some people over. That was the case for me at least. I find her to be her to be more obnoxious than Sonny(or even Steffy occasionally),with nearly twice the onscreen bootlickers. 

8 hours ago, jqdeco said:

No character in the history of soaps is more propped than Carly “Snarly” Corinthos on GH. She has never paid for a single misdeed or actual crime and every character on that show except one acts like she is a paragon of virtue.

I'd say give or take, Taylor & her kids are neck & neck with Carly in the "My shit never ever stunk but yours is the stinkiest" department. At least Carly was the town pariah in the late 90s & the only people that didn't hold her to any real standard back then were people you would expect, like 2 law-breaking gangsters. Steffy nor her family have really been full pariah status like Carly was once upon a better time. What little smoke they did get once in a while they had every chance to give as good as they got. If not better. 

It's interesting the writers for both shows are willing to tip the scales in their favor almost the exact same way. Revising/ignoring canon history, sacrificing others to prop them, and selectively crap on other characters while no mud is slung the other way. Imo calling Carly the Steffy of GH is just as accurate as calling Steffy the Carly of B&B.

It's just up to the individual to decide which piece of dog shit smells worse. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
44 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Did I hear right? Bill babysat Beth and Douglas? Why did we not get some of that? They could have cut out one of the dozen daily conversations about Thomas and Hope everyone on the canvas is obligated to have to show us Bill spending time with the kids

^^^We could have Bill being good father/grandpa spoiling his youngest son & grandchildren. Just living life, minding his business instead of him going into creep mode and constantly trying to get Katie back. I know romance is a thing B&B prioritizes over character arcs most times, but this misuse of Don Diamont(and Heather Tom) & waste of Bill's character is too stupid & mind-boggling for words. I know it's nothing new but still.....

And in speaking of too stupid & mind-boggling for words...the Braylor friendship is gonna implode over some he said, she said crap? The he said being from Thomas of all people? FML Braylor(as cheesy & overdone as it was) being chill with each other for once was the one silver lining amidst all the rinse repeat dialouge & someone stopping by at Sheila's cell every damn day. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Who needs writers? AI could write this daily drivel. (No real-life disrespect to the striking writers.)

I felt like Brooke was kind of giving Taylor the cold shoulder, which seemed out of character given how close and chummy those two have become. And doesn't Taylor have patients to see? Aside from the occasional phone call, all she does is pop by FC and hang out. No wonder nobody gets anything done.

Hope is looking pretty rough lately. I hate the harsh black eyeliner and what were those micro braids in the front of her hair. They added weird texture making her hair look dull and dirty. I guess it's supposed to add to her aura of anguish. 

I just don't understand Bill. He could have any woman he wants from anywhere in the world and he is still foolishly pining for sourpuss Katie. I think she and Carter make the perfect milquetoast couple, coming in second only to Thatie.  The less I see and hear of them, the better.

Bill needs to make Liam start taking a pay cut for all the time he wastes flitting around lamenting about Hope and Thomas. Maybe if he actually focused on work, he wouldn't have time to let Thomas live rent-free in his head 24/7.

The show desperately needs some new character blood. Some new men for Taylor and Brooke, a new love interest for Thomas, and a new good villain or villainess (not Sheila) to stir up actual business problems at FC. Like a rival fashion house. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

The only possible good news is that the actors will also likely be striking in a month’s time so the higher ups will have time to figure out to improve the show. I’m sure they will listen to our suggestions. [/sarcasm]
I hope they start with reducing repetitive conversations. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Brooke got totally cold towards Taylor, it was pretty jarring. Idk what Taylor is expecting from Brooke, even if Thomas is “working so hard on himself” he still did all that stuff to Brooke and Brooke’s daughter, and much of it was criminal. She don’t like him, what do you want.

Steffy’s really sh!tty for telling Liam, but I can’t feel anything but relief and gratitude that we’ll never have to hear another conversation with Liam worrying about Thomas and then waffling about worrying I just. I cannot watch another one of those scenes. please.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I just don't understand Bill. He could have any woman he wants from anywhere in the world and he is still foolishly pining for sourpuss Katie.

Much like his waffle son in the 2010s and Ridge, Bill wants what isn't available to him. Not one singular thing in their history has proved that Bill had some out of this world passion for Katie. He spent half of their marriage sniffing behind Steffy and the second half after Brooke. Katie can be a pill in her own right, but even she is right to be tired of a man who only makes the effort when she's moved on to other people.

3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I hope they start with reducing repetitive conversations

Even if they improved nothing else, this would go a long way to at least make the show watchable again.

• Like 10