Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I just can't with this nonsense. Was it just me, or did it seem like KKL, SK, and AN were barely keeping it together to not bust out in laughter during that asinine proposal scene? Brooke looked at that (comparatively) small (but gorgeous) diamond then subtly sneaked a peek at the rock she's currently sporting. 

Where did Deacon come up with that ring? If it was stashed away in his apartment, how did Sheila not find it? You just know she snoops around his place when she's cooped up there all day. And yes, if this was "actuality" and not some Deacon dream sequence, there will certainly be hell to pay.

So ... let's see. Here is a way for the writers to weasel out of any type of voice-changing app reveal, thus saving Thomass's ass ... Sheila will find out that Deacon proposed to Brooke and will go rabid. She will kidnap Brooke or threaten or injure her and Ridge will come running to her rescue, Taylor be damned! Finn who? Hayes who?

This will come after Ridge barges into Il Gardinio, beats his chest, and warns Deacon to stay away from Brooke because "she's vulnerable and hurting right now." Ya think? 

I am not sure if Ridge will have the balls to go after Bill and try to mark his territory. I'm all in for a good Bill-Ridge slugfest. Have Ridge go home to Taylor and try to explain why he's sporting a black eye, split lip, and bloody knuckles. That should go over well! 

What would be even better is for Bill and Ridge to duke it out, then fall into a passionate embrace afterwards. I swear DD is really the only other player TK has any lasting legit chemistry with on this show. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

Well today was truly an episode of the Walking Brain Dead. Almost everyone seemed to have lost their minds...at least Brooke had the good sense to turn down Deacon's proposal. Since Tridge is a dead end story wise...I'm guessing we'll be in for more of this silliness to pad out the show until Thomas is exposed.

Edited by KnightStorm
  • Love 10

Dear Sweet but Stupid Deacon, you can’t propose to your baby mama until you figure out what to do with the psycho sociopath fugitive you are bunking and sleeping with. 
Dear Stubborn and Stupid Ridge, by now you are starting to think that maybe it was just one of those miscellaneous L.A. pine cones that fall from a tree and not a sign that you should  have run out on your wife to be with your pathetic ex. You of course will ignore this feeling until it is spelled out for you when your sneaky son’s behavior is revealed. 
Dear Egomaniac Bill,  I can’t even. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 14

Dear Stupid, Privileged, Self-Absorbed, Spoiled Ridge Forrester, how dare you throw Brooke away without even asking her what you “think” you know about her calling DCF? You know what a jackass your kid is. What more do you need to know? If you can be so easily led by your kid, Brooke deserves so much better than you!!

• Love 16

Obviously, Deacon's brain isn't exactly operating at peak capacity, but if he has two brain cells left to rub together, he'll ask Hope to keep the ring for him, with some excuse about his apartment not being all that secure. Because if he brings that ring home with him, Sheila will sniff it out immediately. And then his best case scenario is her deciding he has it to propose to her. But, given that she knows Ridge just left Brooke, she'll most likely do the math on that one. So then Deacon's in danger, Brooke is in danger, and, just to fuck with the two of them, Hope and Beth are in danger. 

Instead of Hope and Liam getting into any kind of Taytot silliness over their respective fathers and Brooke, I want to see the two of them just laugh, grab some popcorn, and sit back to watch the show. They can dust off Wyatt, and he can join the two of them in gossiping and laughing over the Deacon/Bill rivalry. (Flo can stay in whatever hole she's fallen into offscreen). 

Speaking of Wyatt, did Taylor even mention that she bought the house from him? Or are we just pretending that it's been sitting there waiting for Taylor and Ridge to claim it? 

Ridge could not look any less into Taylor every single time she's not looking directly at his face. And Taylor giggling with Steffy over how cool it would be to take Ridge to St. Thomas and propose to him, while he's still married, is just so ridiculous. She's like a teenager with her first boyfriend as opposed to a psychiatrist in her 50's(?) who has had this exact man leave her multiple times. Although her proposing to him right now would be hilarious, just to watch Ridge get the flop sweats. giphy.gif

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

At least Brooke had the good sense to send Bill and Deacon on their way, however, at the same time she is still holding on to Destiny. 

I was more than a bit gobsmacked when Brooke was telling Bill that she isn't giving up on Ridge, and that she does not want to forget how he has disappointed her, that she wants to learn, and to grow, and to heal from it. So, in other words, she sees herself as deserving of his abhorrent behavior, and sees it as acceptable that he just walks out on her and runs to the arms of other women. And she wants to learn from that, because it is all her fault, and learning will allow her to grow and to heal. I simply have no words. Clearly, Brooke enjoys being Ridge's doormat, and relishes it when he wipes his nasty shoes on her. I am sure this is some type of disorder with a medical name I am unable to pronounce. But it is sick, and it is twisted, and it makes me hate Ridge so much more than I do already. 

I could only watch bits and pieces of the adulterer and his mistress; Taylor is just as clueless as ever. So lost in her fantasy, that she doesn't see how miserable Ridge truly is. I hope he stays that way forever. I don't know what would be enough to keep Brooke from taking the loser back, but it sure isn't going to be him shacking up with other women. 

Maybe Brooke's shutdown of Bill will convince him to pursue something with Li. Show only caters to Hayes and Marone fans, and rarely gives us Brooke fans anything, and I am growing so very tired of it. Carter and Katie are something new and fresh, so I am hopeful now that maybe Bill will move on too. 

• Applause 7
  • Love 4

Hand to God, my 8-year-old daughter, who has recently declared herself “in love” with a certain baseball player, is 10x more mature about her baseball player relationship, than Dr. Giggles McShoulderblades is about her relationship with her married boyfriend. Seriously, for all of HT’s faults, she was somewhat professional, sometimes to the point of coming across cold, but I usually believed her to be a legit adult. Giggles strikes me as a chronological adult, who’d write “Ridge + Taylor = True Love” over & over & over on her notebook cover, then accidentally/on purpose drop it in front of Brooke. 

How did the only 2 hot ass men in BelLA, both come at Brooke, within minutes of each other, with offers of a permanent life together, & her dumb ass wants to hold onto hope that “destiny” will come riding back home on a white horse? There’s something to be said for a woman who chooses to be alone, but she’s not choosing herself, ala Kelly Taylor, she’s choosing to hold onto a nightmare dream that Ridge will return to her. 

I'm over this crap, bring Carter & Katie back on-screen. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 11

Co-signing all of the above. It must be so exhausting to be Brooke Logan. I was stunned and furious when she spewed that pathetic, mealy-mouthed garbage to Bill. WTF? I wonder how KKL feels about Brooke being portrayed as an abused doormat?

I will give her a little leeway as it was both insensitive and boorish for Deacon and Bill to swoop in like vultures. FFS, give Brooke time to process the situation. She should NEVER be OK with Ridge emotionally and mentally abusing her like that. Not telling her the reason why he left her is just awful. It keeps him firmly in control of the situation while Brooke drives herself crazy trying to figure out what "she did," and winning him back.

The only lesson and growth Brooke needs to realize is that she's fighting an ongoing losing battle. This is the second (or third?) time this year Ridge has blown up and left her due to his butt-hurt reaction to a situation that ended up being something Brooke did not even do. Brooke has spent the majority of this year sitting at home, commiserating and crying over that worthless turd, while at the same time, her extreme neediness is draining her daughter, SIL, and sisters. 

She needs to once and for all dump that greasy, egocentric man-child and never look back. At this point, I actually enjoy Deacon with Sheila. At least they have some chemistry and Sheila isn't a sad-sack and even though she's BSC, she has confidence and some self-respect. (While I think KKL and SK had mad chemistry back in the '90s, I don't feel it so much these days. Leave them as good friends and co-parents/grandparents.)

Once Bill leaves Brooke's home, he need never return. Let him get together with Li.  

Brooke needs to learn how to stand on her own feet without a man around to prop her up. Katie has done it for years and Donna, to a certain degree, although I found it distasteful that she's been pining away for Eric for all these years. At least Katie has given it a try with Wyatt, Thorne, and now (fingers crossed) Carter. Good for her for dumping Bill for good!

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8

Paris shipping Thope was absolutely ridiculous. And now Tommy The Mannequin Chaser will go even more off the rails. This story better end in him going over a cliff and disappearing into the ocean. Preferably with his sister.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, KnightStorm said:

This story better end in him going over a cliff and disappearing into the ocean. Preferably with his sister.

It's what they and the audience deserve. Also clearly the only thing that matters to those two weirdos is their parents getting it on again, so might as well go out on a high note. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

This Hope/Thomas/Douglas bullshit is vomitrocious. Sounds like time for a break. 

Between Brooke just laying down and letting Ridge scrape his muddy boots on her, Taylor buying houses for her handful of crumbs and Deacon banging an actual sociopath with no visible remorse... having Hope "admiring" Thomas in any way is more than any of us shoukd have to stomach. Hey, Liam, if you're worried about your wife...how about you go hover over her instead of commiserating with her mom. 

Show, this is beyond the pale and NOT OKAY. They already shoved the actual baby snatcher into Hope's orbit by letting RIDGE get her out of jail and giving her a job at Forrester. (Does she still work there?)  Now that Dr Giggles and the Bum are together Steffy/Sauron has turned their Eye to Thope? 

• Love 13

Why is Paris stirring the pot to push Hope towards Thomas? I thought she had a thing for him when they lived together? She’s the one that’s single and if she likes him so much she should go after him herself. Thomas needs to change in the locker room. We know they have one because it’s near the sauna Brooke and Ridge used to abuse all the time. 
Still not feeling Liam and Brooke together. Sorry, it’s only getting advice from mom vibes there. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
On 10/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, RuntheTable said:

Ridge only runs to Taylor when he is pissed off at Brooke, or has read the situation wrong, or when his mother interferes and manipulates. There has not been one time that I can think of that wasn't motivated by something involving Brooke.

On 10/23/2022 at 4:36 PM, Anna Yolei said:

^^^Given all of that, it's hard to view Tridge as the intended endgame. Admittedly, I came to the show during Taylor's pregnancy with the twins and even with the full picture of their relationship, and the BTS reason why we got that, I still enjoy that relative period of peace. But she never got him except by default and knowing she was warned multiple times by everyone including Stephanie herself makes her more pathetic.

I've been watching some of the older seasons too and I've seen a few people say Bridge was just a one-sided invention in Brooke's mind & Tridge was meant to be along but Brad played favorites with Brooke & ruined Tridge 🙃. Now far be it from me to defend that citywide dumpster-fire of a paring but, if Bridge(the non stale early version) is one-sided then what the fuck does that make Tridge? It's not exactly a soap couple that stands out for coming together organically & manipulation-free. While I completely believe Taylor's basic ass deserves Ridge, that in no way shape or form makes Tridge the narrative antithesis to Bridge's cringey bullshit. Lmao both parings fucking suck because of Ridge's selfishness & waffling.   

Although, I'll definitely say certainly that Bridge one-sided in the sense that Ridge gets away with kissing exes, cheating, being emotionally unavailable/abusive & Brooke is expected to take it and beg Ridge to come back.

• Love 8

Paris, finding a man like Tomass hot is a tad suspect even for someone in the "young & dumb" phase of life like you are. That crazy history between him and Hope is nothing to make light of or underestimate. But like mentioned above if Paris wants to walk on the wild side then she should go for it herself. I mean it's her life. Literally. I guess Paris is another causality in the writers working overtime to make Thrope look appealing. For the life of me, I don't understand why they didn't get on this when Liam cheated on Hope after mannequin night. Thomas was fresh out of surgery for his retcon brain tumor & less of a tool at that point, despite his role in Pheobethgate. They wasted a golden opportunity for Thrope to play out in a decent, non-stupid way. But noooo Bradley had Hope take Liam back & save for him playing husband to Steffy after Finn was thought to be dead, he's more or less been behaving himself. Of course, I still think Liam has still earned his turn for being cheated on by Hope just as long as it's not with Tomass. Now since Tomass is playing parent trap with Steffy, shitting on Brooke, and just up & took Douglas basically saying fuck the custody agreement & fuck Hope/Liam's feelings. There is no reason for Hope to find Tomass palatable, let alone admirable. That ship sailed over a year and a half ago.

I find Steffy's pestering Hope's newfound tolerance of Thomas to be irritating and disingenuous. She took such offense that Hope didn't trust Tomass but if shit goes down and Hope cheats on Liam with Thomas, Steffy is gonna be the first, second & third one to drag her for being a hypocrite & betraying poor Liam. She likely won't offer any support or sympathy for the manipulation/grief that trusting Tomass left Hope open to, though I think Hope should know better all on her own. 

Deacon has lost almost all his appeal for me, Is he crazy or stupid? Sheila is living/sleeping with him and he thinks he can just up & propose to Brooke? He knows Sheila illogically has the most smoke for Brooke these days and Sheila having faked her own death probably won't stop her from going after her again. I'm more than okay with Hope not defending Ridge's nonsense but I don't like her spoon-feeding her mother the idea that she'd be happy with Deacon. Just let the woman breathe lmao holy shit. I don't want to drag Hope for doing her own version of the parent trap with her mom & dad but I will if she keeps it up. It's annoying as hell no matter who does it. 

• Love 14

Please let us find out that Thomas has been drugging Hope or he's playing mind control tapes in her room whenever she sleeps over at Eric's. 

As much as the mere thought of Thope nauseates me, when Liam was complaining to Brooke about Hope seeing Thomas in a different (more favorable) way, I was thinking "yeah, well, welcome to Hope's entire existence as your love interest, constantly have to worry about the presence of one of the Marone siblings in your life. I'm hoping she doesn't go so far as sleeping with Thomas, because I hate either him or Steffy getting any kind of "win," but when Liam eventually finds out that she's been kind of flirty and eyeballing Thomas, he has the self-awareness to realize that he does owe her a pass. Also, I think I've said this before here, but I want Thomas to get so close to thinking he might win Hope over, all on his own, only to have the fake CPS call come out and completely blow it for him. 

Paris, if you're so thirsty for Thomas, go for it. You know he's had a thing for you in the not all that distant past. Why try to pressure someone like Hope, who has all that insane baggage with him that you're aware of, and who was clearly uncomfortable with the conversation, to admit he looks good, and then practically beat a path to tell him about it? Did being dumped at the altar make you decide you just want to watch the world burn? 

And Thomas, of course, had to go be creepy about it to Hope. Like, dude, just take your W and revel in it privately. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

The thing that gets me with all this Ridge/Brooke/Taylor stuff is - there are professional writers and show runners who apparently believe what they are putting on screen is a love story or love in the afternoon. I don't care if one like Brooke and hates Taylor or likes Taylor and hates Brooke - neither women deserve Ridge. Neither. Yes both characters have gone into this situation with eyes wide open but come on.

I'm exhausted by the repeated conversations. I'm exhausted by new Taylor's giggling. I'm exhausted with Brooke's refrain about her destiny (blah blah).

And aside from that? Seriously Bill? The writers have him ask Katie for another chance, she logically rejects the idea and he immediately runs to pee all over Brooke? Absolutely nothing appealing or romantic about any of that. Deacon is basically living with Sheila. He hasn't turned her in which is going to bite him in the arse soon and he runs to propose to Brooke? What?!? It makes zero sense and again, there isn't anything romantic or appealing about it.

The show is capable of good stuff. But it only manages that about 1% of the time and these days that 1% rarely involves Brooke, Ridge or Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9

This is all so unsettling, distasteful, and stomach churningly nauseating. 

MA is good looking as hell, but he shouldn't be to Hope. I didn't like the light hearted, joking atmosphere they were trying to create in that scene. And I was absolutely put off by the way Hope turned around to give Thomas one more up and down. 

Paris needs to mind her own fucked up business. Girlfriend just got dumped at the altar and should be focused on her future. Besides, she had her chance with Thomas and chose to stay with Zende, when she really wanted Carter. Stop repeating things like a five year old. 

Someone needs to poke something long and sticky down Steffy's throat. She has become so completely intolerable; I can barely even look at her now. 

I remain on edge about Brooke and Liam. I think they have a great dynamic as mother/son-in-law, and it is nice that they are just friends. But we all know Show doesn't allow women to have friends, much less men friends. I didn't miss how hard Liam was trying to discourage Bill the other day; he has become very protective of Brooke. They also are keeping it secret that Liam interceded in Brooke and her Vodka bottle. And all this nonsense with Hope and Thomas is going somewhere, and I don't think I like the destination. Couple that with Brooke getting dumped, and then pushing both Deacon and Bill away. I don't know. I see trouble on the horizon. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

Wait a minute! Paris and Thomas were roomies once. Since Thomas was starting go grow obsessed with her, I would bet the farm that he strutted around the apartment topless, worked out in the living room, and created other opportunities to expose his buff bod to her.

And, exactly! If Paris thinks Thomas is so hot, why doesn't she aim for him herself?

His sophomore-in-high-school-boy reaction to the news that Hope thinks he's "hot" wasn't too far off the mark from the way his WRP mommy gushes about Ridge. The apple didn't fall far from the tree, did it?

I am just not feeling any type of romantic/sexual chemistry between Brooke and Liam. I think they are leaning on each other because they seem to be the only two who agree that Douglas needs to move away from Thomas, Thomas is looney-tunes, and that Ridge is going to "come to his senses" and return to Brooke. 

Brooke is clinging to the remaining few people who support her "destiny delusion."

If KKL put her foot down about Brooke stealing Nick away from Bridget, I would hope she'd assert herself against any type of Brooke/Liam affair. Maybe that is why she's going along with portraying Brooke as this delusional desperate housewife. Picking her battles? 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Okay. Thomas has to be drugging everyone other than Brooke,Liam,and Bill. That's the only rational explanation for this mess...other than the writer's just trolling everyone. As far as Steffy is concerned...this picture says it all.Wicked_Witch_of_the_East_is_dead.jpg.6d1e67a29442353d7f1ad9287e95759c.jpg

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 10/27/2022 at 12:11 AM, CharlizeCat said:

Co-signing all of the above. It must be so exhausting to be Brooke Logan. I was stunned and furious when she spewed that pathetic, mealy-mouthed garbage to Bill. WTF? I wonder how KKL feels about Brooke being portrayed as an abused doormat?

I will give her a little leeway as it was both insensitive and boorish for Deacon and Bill to swoop in like vultures. FFS, give Brooke time to process the situation. She should NEVER be OK with Ridge emotionally and mentally abusing her like that. Not telling her the reason why he left her is just awful. It keeps him firmly in control of the situation while Brooke drives herself crazy trying to figure out what "she did," and winning him back.

The only lesson and growth Brooke needs to realize is that she's fighting an ongoing losing battle. This is the second (or third?) time this year Ridge has blown up and left her due to his butt-hurt reaction to a situation that ended up being something Brooke did not even do. Brooke has spent the majority of this year sitting at home, commiserating and crying over that worthless turd, while at the same time, her extreme neediness is draining her daughter, SIL, and sisters. 

She needs to once and for all dump that greasy, egocentric man-child and never look back. At this point, I actually enjoy Deacon with Sheila. At least they have some chemistry and Sheila isn't a sad-sack and even though she's BSC, she has confidence and some self-respect. (While I think KKL and SK had mad chemistry back in the '90s, I don't feel it so much these days. Leave them as good friends and co-parents/grandparents.)

Once Bill leaves Brooke's home, he need never return. Let him get together with Li.  

Brooke needs to learn how to stand on her own feet without a man around to prop her up. Katie has done it for years and Donna, to a certain degree, although I found it distasteful that she's been pining away for Eric for all these years. At least Katie has given it a try with Wyatt, Thorne, and now (fingers crossed) Carter. Good for her for dumping Bill for good!

Brooke should've come to that realization about Ridge when he dropped her (and their engagement) like a hot potato the moment she miscarried their first child and made a beeline for his brother's wife ... way back in 1988. I fear it is too late for her now.

Does KKL really have such little influence with the showrunners? After 35 years of loyal service you'd think she could argue for better stories. After all, Hunter Tylo had barely served 5 years before she was making demands that the show buckled to (that Taylor had to be Ridge's one and only, no divorce, etc.) I think the only times I've heard KKL ask for anything was to be given the rape storyline (which started off strong but devolved into the typical Bridge nonsense that I doubt was what she had in mind when she first proposed it) and then to stop having Brooke ping-pong back and forth between men (we all know how that worked out). 

I wish they'd introduce a brand new man for her - someone who's not an ex of her daughters or sisters. She deserves it, and every other character has gotten that. I can't remember the last time Brooke had an original love interest - was it Nick Marone?

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

So how about that Hope mannequin returning? I really wasn't expecting to see that thing again. And Hope didn't mention it to Brooke when they were both (or all three) there in the office. That doesn't bode well. That storyline was a trip the first time, but I can't see anything entertaining coming from its return. Just more downfall for Thomas and more danger for Hope. Not what I want to see. What I do want to see is the new HFTF collection on the runway. I hope they give us that. I can't see them tying in the voice app reveal with the show stopper, but I wonder if the Hope mannequin will be involved?

• Love 7

I can't wait to see this HFTF fashion show. I want the Hopequinn to be wheeled out on fire pointing as Thomas with the voice app recording playing over the speakers "It wasn't Brooke...it was MEEEEEEE....(Thomas forrester)  mwaha ha ha ha ha!!!!"

And then Ridge runs out crying and Dr Giggles spins in a circle with her hands flapping until she runs face first into a wall. And yeah, drop her a house or a giant speaker on the Wicked Bitch. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

Did I hear Stuffy say that Ridge is filing for an annulment?  What legal grounds are the monkeys with a keyboard going to come up with for Ridge to get a annulment instead of a divorce?  

You know someone is lying when you have to ask if you believe me definitely after saying I need you to believe me. Who the hell would be in the position to think it was a good idea to bring the mannequin to Lurch. 

Douglas Douglas Douglas Lurch might be your real father but Hope is not your real mother. Has Lurch been brainwashing Douglas once again?  

Liam is no prize; but Lurch?  WTF?  Hope is your love for Douglas eclipse your love for Liam?  Screw Lurch and the horse he road in on. 

• Love 7

On The Talk today they showed a short preview clip for next week. They mentioned that the recent Big Brother winner and two other houseguests will be part of the fashion show. However, it was clear that there is a reason the characters all keep saying “preview” instead of “fashion show” because it seemed to appear that there is no audience. It was hard to tell from such a short clip though. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I think Thomas has been manipulating Douglas again. Probably nothing like his abusive methods last time, but just by making comments to him. Like after Hope and Beth go home, I could see him saying to Douglas "isn't it nice that you got to spend time with your real family all together?" 

If Liam is smart, he'll start tagging along when Hope and Beth go over there. He's got the perfect excuse now - that Hope has been so busy with the preview that they haven't had much family time together, so if Eric's house is where their family is going to be, then it's where he's going to be. 

It seems like they're setting Thomas up to be having some kind of mental break or something. Yeah, he could just be talking to himself a bit, like we all do at times, but I think it's going to be something more. Because they're going to want a way out for the character (again). I think we're going to find out that he brought the mannequin up there. Maybe he doesn't remember doing it, but I feel like it's kind of pointless to bring the mannequin into things like that if Hope was just going to get over it immediately. Like, what was the point?  The question is, would they possibly be lazy enough to basically just say that his brain got reinjured or there was some lingering damage they hadn't fixed last time? 

My only other guess on the mannequin is Paris, just because she seems like she wants to stir shit up. But that's a much longer shot than Thomas having lost it again. 

Steffy's "I didn't undermine your marriage." Bitch, please. You spent every single breath you've had since you got back from Monaco badgering your father about how bad you think his marriage was and telling him that Brooke makes him unhappy. It's literally the only thing you've done for months, aside from having sex with Finn (you remember Finn, right? Because for all you know Sheila could have kidnapped him a good month ago) a few times. And we all know that Finn didn't get you as hot as setting up the sex room in Aspen for your parents did. 

On a shallow note, what the wardrobe, hair, and makeup people do to JMW on a daily basis is a crime. 

Is there anything else even going on on this show? I know it's the "A" story now and all, but can we get anyone else? Or can I at least feel encouraged that this mess taking over the whole episode is a sign that we're rapidly approaching the end, so we can move onto something, anything, else?  Sheila has annoyed the ever loving fuck out of me since the moment she popped up as Finn's mother, but I would take an episode or two of nothing but Sheila whining about how unfair life is to her, while ignoring her own obvious bad choices, over more of this. Every time they make it look like Hope might be into Thomas, I throw up in my mouth a little. This isn't some hot, forbidden taboo chemistry that can't be ignored, show. It's just gross. Make it stop. Preferably before any more skin is shown. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

What kind of TomFuckery is this? The show continues to grow darker and more disturbing each day. Now they are destroying our last bastion of sweet, unaffected goodness. I felt so bad for Liam, I really did. No, he is not Douglas's father, but Liam has taken care of Douglas for years, and has been there for him, and like Liam said, he thought they were pals. But Douglas was acting like some sort of mash up of Village of the Damned and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Where is my good natured, happy, smiling little Douglas? He was acting like he was programed to say terrible, hurtful things to someone that loves him. 

I didn't really watch much else. I don't need to see that insufferable bitch Steffy condescending to Brooke about how her highly ethical, and morally superior mother got the brass ring. And I certainly don't need to hear Brooke pleading her case and defending her non-actions to that creatin. 

OOOOPSY! HopeQuinn is back. Sorry Thomas, I ain't buying it. I doubt she just sashayed her way back upstairs. And I can't think of one good or valid reason why anyone else would bring her out of storage. 

19 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Brooke is clinging to the remaining few people who support her "destiny delusion."

I have not connected that particular dot, but you are absolutely correct. 

19 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

If KKL put her foot down about Brooke stealing Nick away from Bridget, I would hope she'd assert herself against any type of Brooke/Liam affair. Maybe that is why she's going along with portraying Brooke as this delusional desperate housewife. Picking her battles? 

I have prayed that she has tried to use her influence regarding any kind of romance with Liam. Brooke has always been delusional about Ridge, so that is no shock, but she used to be able to walk away from him. I can't reconcile this soppy, needy, desperate version of the character, with the one I have watched for over 30 years. 

@Aymery; I wish I could give your post a thousand likes. Brooke should have been done with Ridge after he ran back to Caroline. Given the fact that she wasn't and has stuck around to be treated like garbage after so many letdowns, and after Ridge has disrespected her repeatedly, has caused me to simply lose all hope. I have always watched for Brooke, but there is nothing to see with her anymore. Her SL's are beyond ridiculous, we still have a 60'ish woman allowing a worthless waffler to play high school games with her, and are still getting a 35 year old triangle shoved down our throats. KKL deserves so much better, because as you said, she has been loyal to the show for decades, and has worked whatever nonsensical shit they have given her. 

It is just really crushing that Show no longer cares about her fans. Their sole focus is on the Marone's and the Hayes, when the Forrester's, the Logan's and the Spectra's have been the heart of the show since the beginning. I realize there must be change, and growth, and progression, but what they have done to Brooke isn't any of those things. She is a caricature of who she used to be. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, backhometome said:

I dont feel bad for Liam at all. Douglas knows who his parents. Nothing wrong with that. 

It isn't about knowing who your parents are; it is about someone giving years of their life to give a young child a happy, healthy, home. Liam loves Douglas regardless of any blood ties; he has never abused, terrorized, gaslighted, or harmed Douglas in any way. Liam understands he is not Douglas's father, but he thought Douglas still cared about him, and to find out that he doesn't was hurtful, and very hard to watch. 

• Sad 2
  • Love 12

OMG after what happened today with stupid Hope, I think I've gone over the edge. Why doesn't Liam keep Beth home with him? Are these women really part of this era? I'm going to stop because I think I'm about to rant. Lol. 

I have always liked Katie though I missed many years of the show as I stopped watching at times. Katie at least told Bill no and it's not putting up with any of his nonsense. Looking forward to reading many comments here on today's show that will voice my outrage.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

I think Douglas truly cares about Liam.  He just loves his father and wants to spend time with him.  Liam should understand the pull of a son being with his father.  He started out as Liam Cooper, raised by a man who wasn't his biological dad and we've not heard more than five words about that guy while Liam has fixed all his attention on his bio-dad Bill.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

So is Eric running the movie The Parent Trap on a loop because everyone that’s been hanging out there has been trying to push their parents together. Steffy and Thomas are bad enough then we got Hope pushing a proposal to Brooke from Deacon and now Douglas is getting in on the act. Hope and Liam need to present a united front. If Hope goes over to Eric’s then Liam needs to be there too. Also, they need to tell Douglas that he can spend time with his dad, but he will have to spend time at their house too. This all or nothing BS is stupid. 

• Applause 8
  • Love 5

Did you see the look shot Liam when Douglas said that Liam wants him to leave Eric’s house. Than again when Liam asked Hope to explain why he shouldn’t come home for a bit.  Why couldn’t Hope explain to Douglas that Liam is her husband and she belongs home with him instead of using the deceitful excuse that she can’t because of work. 

Liam could use a little retaliation for his waffling between Hope and Stuffy but retaliation with Lurch?  Is Hope that ignorant?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Liam? March yourself over to FC or Eric’s house, wherever your wife is currently hanging out and drag her sorry ass back home where she belongs with her husband and daughter. This story is making me stabby after all Thomass has done to her and Liam in the past. How can Hope be so damn stupid?!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

I am now firmly convinced we are heading to a Brooke/Liam romance. Both characters are being shut out of "Forrester Family Time", Douglas has turned on Liam, and Hope has clearly aligned herself with Thomas. When Brooke was CEO, she always used work as an excuse to be around Ridge, and that is exactly what Hope is doing. More disturbing, is the overnights she has been having at Eric's are now going to start being weekends. Hope wants to be with Thomas, she has not been at all concerned with her husband. I believe this weekend slumber party is going to lead to Thomas's dream, maybe not sex, but at the least kissing. Liam is going to be devasted, and will turn to Brooke, the only person who understands. 

The thought of it makes me sick to my stomach. The thought of Hope doing anything with Thomas makes me sick to my stomach. The thought of Brooke still wanting a husband back, that is currently living with his ex-wife, makes me sick to my stomach. But that doesn't mean I want her to start romancing another son-in-law. 

I think I might need a break. 

• Sad 4
  • Love 8

I’ve barely watched the show the past 6+ months, but I had to chime in over how TIIC have assassinated Hope’s character in service of a plot. I haven’t seen a single thing that would ever lead me to believe that Hope would cheat on Liam or be so dismissive of his feelings prior to this storyline. Heck, Thomas drugging Hope is a more plausible reason for her recent actions than her concern for Douglas. 

BTW, was Thomas ever held accountable for his actions surrounding Emma’s death? Did I miss that?

Based on the 2 horrible children Ridge and Taylor raised, Phoebe would’ve been the outlier or an ax murderer.

• Love 13

The entire Hope and Thomas storyline is awful but for me the worst part of it is Douglas himself who is not coming off as a regular 10-year-old or however old he’s supposed to be...

“Did you design this one too...I love hanging out like this together.... we are all so happy....I just wish you guys would love each other as well ...”

Oh my God what 10 year old talks like that ?

I have a 10 year old nephew and he is interested in two things... baseball and Fortnite...

Then how Douglas is proposing that Hope and Beth spend the weekend with no mention of Liam who is standing there with his mouth hanging open

....None of these lines coming out of Douglas’s mouth are organic and it’s like Thomas has coached him beforehand...I also cannot believe that Hope is being taken in by this wacko yet again... this is doing her character no favors whatsoever....

And let’s not even get started about Sheila calling Deacon “daddy”

🤯

• Applause 8
  • Love 7

My problem with Douglas acting like his Dad and auntie ...trying to get his "parents" back together.(is this a Marrone trait?)..is that Douglas absolutely KNOWS the BIG THING that his Dad did to Hope, and the lengths his father went to to keep him from telling anyone the truth. 

It's not as if Douglas was trying to resurrect a lost relationship...as long as Douglas has been alive Hope has been with Liam. And Douglas KNOWS Hope isn't his bio mom, so what is this "our family" and "I wish you loved each other" bullshit? 

If I was Liam, I'd remind that poor manipulated kid, AND Hope while they are both standing there under Thomas' dimpled smile in their forced group hug. "Hey remember when you had to go against your Dad's demands and tell us that Beth was alive and actually Phoebe? Because your Dad didn't want to tell Hope, so that she would stay sad forever and spend more time with him? Remember that...it was only about a year ago". 

There is no story going on right now that isn't blood churning rage inducing. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 9

I also don’t like Douglas turning on Liam who has been there for him. It’s time for Liam to put his foot down and tell Hope that if she spends the night at the Forrester home again that they are done. He also needs to tell her she isn’t taking his daughter to a bullshit sleepover.

I am mostly against a Brooke and Liam hookup however I think it would bother Steffy more than Hope and piss Ridge off big time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think the idea of Hope taking Beth over to Eric's so they two of them can spend the night with "Douglas" is insane. Seeing that all play out on camera would have been interesting and a helluva lot more compelling to watch than daily Brooke/Liam commiseration sessions. 

Indeed, Liam needs to take a stand but with Hope, not Thomas or Douglas. The next time Hope and Beth depart for another "slumber party" at Eric's, Liam needs to grab a sleeping bag and tell them he's going with them.

I did feel sorry for Liam for the way Douglas spoke to him. It's just because SC is good acting with kids and can sell the calm, understanding exterior but still show how hurt Liam is. Otherwise, I got nothin' with him. The best karma for Liam would be for Hope to leave him, never to return and Steffy to vow that she's done with him for good, too. (Just in case Finn "dies" again or when they eventually divorce, because you know they will. That's soap couple criteria #1!)

• Love 13

I honestly do not know what to think regarding Hope these days. Part of me wants to believe it’s an act to catch Thomas out as not having changed one iota from the mannequin-kissing loon of barely a year ago. But with Douglas being a Thope fan when he was all about the Lope T-shirt wedding and living at the cabin not all that long ago either, I’m afraid it’s just more shoddy writing. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

My problem with Douglas acting like his Dad and auntie ...trying to get his "parents" back together.(is this a Marrone trait?)..is that Douglas absolutely KNOWS the BIG THING that his Dad did to Hope, and the lengths his father went to to keep him from telling anyone the truth. 

It's not as if Douglas was trying to resurrect a lost relationship...as long as Douglas has been alive Hope has been with Liam. And Douglas KNOWS Hope isn't his bio mom, so what is this "our family" and "I wish you loved each other" bullshit? 

If I was Liam, I'd remind that poor manipulated kid, AND Hope while they are both standing there under Thomas' dimpled smile in their forced group hug. "Hey remember when you had to go against your Dad's demands and tell us that Beth was alive and actually Phoebe? Because your Dad didn't want to tell Hope, so that she would stay sad forever and spend more time with him? Remember that...it was only about a year ago". 

There is no story going on right now that isn't blood churning rage inducing. 

I don’t believe that Lurch ever loved Douglas’ mother, Caroline. Lurch went to NY as an obligation to be with his son not Caroline. If I remember correctly, Lurch lived separately from Douglas and Caroline and they were never married.  I believe Douglas was too young to realize that his parents didn’t actually love each other or married. I’m positive Douglas will never find out that he was conceived from “misunderstanding night” and not from love.  

Douglas is old enough to understand that Hope “loves” Liam and not Hope and Hope is married to Liam.  Oh, on second thought maybe Douglas realized that Caroline and Lurch didn’t live together or were married so Douglas actually thinks that it’s ok for Hope to live with him and Lurch instead of Liam.  Like all the pseudo Foresters, Douglas has a screwed up sense of how they don’t consider  other peoples’ families. 

As with Lurch manipulating the call to CPS, you can’t convince me that Lurch has not weaponize Douglas once again to get into Hope’s pants. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Indeed, Liam needs to take a stand but with Hope, not Thomas or Douglas. The next time Hope and Beth depart for another "slumber party" at Eric's, Liam needs to grab a sleeping bag and tell them he's going with them.

This. It is completely bananas to me that Liam has just been sitting back and letting Hope and Beth trundle off for sleepovers with the man who did everything imaginable to keep Hope from finding out Beth was alive and to keep Liam and Hope apart, including murder and date rape drugging. 

Just as ridiculous as Douglas suddenly being anti-Liam and pushing for mommy and daddy to be together is Hope not recognizing that this Thomas and Douglas are doing to her marriage exactly what Steffy, Thomas, and Taylor did to her mother's marriage. Thomas is even using the exact same lines on Hope that they used on Ridge, talking about how Liam always messes up, but Thomas has always been true to just her. 

And I have zero idea what the writers are even going for here. If they wanted Thomas and Hope to be the root for couple, why would they have Thomas being so blatantly bad? I'm personally someone who will never accept them as a couple, but if you wanted anyone to find them remotely palatable, it would seem like the time after Thomas's brain surgery and after Hope found out about the Steam sex would have been the time to go for it. Thomas was supposedly reformed, and Liam had just cheated. But now? Now they need to do so much damage to characters to make this fly.  And for what? I don't see any way they actually last as a pairing beyond the CPS call reveal. 

The only way I could see Hope not running away from Thomas after that reveal is if Brooke/Liam happens, and she's aware of it. Then, Thomas hurting her mother might not matter so much to her. (Although I still think she'd be pissed about him using Douglas like that, and that it would generally show that he hasn't changed like she thought he did.) But, the more they show Ridge pining for Brooke every time Taylor isn't looking at him, the less I think Liam/Brooke is going to happen, beyond maybe a too close for comfort moment that they both immediately freak out over. The show clearly intends to put Ridge and Brooke back together after the reveal, and I don't see him going back to her if he finds out she slept with Liam (and we all know Thomas would break land speed records getting over to tell Ridge about it if it did happen).  

But something did occur to me. Thomas has already gotten away (so far) with using the voice app to manipulate people. So, what's to stop him from using it again? Maybe to stage some conversation between Liam and Brooke where it sounds like they' slept together? Thinking he can get Hope to jump into bed with him if she hears it? I feel like the mannequin reappearing, if it isn't something he did, maybe served to remind him of how Liam just thinking he and Hope kissed sent him running to cheat. And he doesn't have Liam and Brooke mannequins, but he does have a way to use their voices to create a false impression. 

2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I honestly do not know what to think regarding Hope these days. Part of me wants to believe it’s an act to catch Thomas out as not having changed one iota from the mannequin-kissing loon of barely a year ago.

That is one of the only things that can save this mess for me right now. Hope has already done it once, when she busted him at his wedding with Zoe. So we know she's capable of it. And maybe she didn't tell Liam or her mother because them reacting exactly as they are helps bolster her act. It would also explain why she doesn't seem to give Thomas a single ounce of shit over his and Steffy's parent trap antics, while she gives Steffy a daily dose of shit over it. 

ETA: I really need Liam, when Hope is falling for this whole "Douglas wants his whole family to spend time together" thing to remind her that Beth would also probably like HER whole family to spend time together. And Kelly would probably like the same thing. So, unless the two of them, Steffy, Finn, and Thomas are all going to move into some commune with the kids, it's simply not possible for all of the kids to have both of their parents always with them. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9