Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So a bear killed Shiela to the point where she could only be recognized by DNA samples and a toe?  Did the bear eat everything else?  No fingers, hands, arms, legs, or even bones left?  It’s Possible but not probable because bears don’t generally attack humans. Even so, bear attacks are rare in California. Statistics show your more likely to be killed by a bee than a bear.  

FrankenFinn has to go back to the hospital today because he may be alive but he’s now has ED 😜. FrankenFinn will now be cured by Donna 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Let me guess. Sheila’s twin, Sarah, will be the bear victim. 

Can the bear go after Ryder and Sheila Jr too, while they're at it (my brain refuses to remember the name of that other girl twin who had a "misunderstanding" with Daniel and forced fatherhood upon him)

Kimberlin Brown has had great moments but every Sheila plot since the B&B in '02 has seen continually diminishing returns. Let her character be retired and let someone like Taylor unload a full mag into her casket to be sure she's gone. Then burn the casket.

We have a cast of talented young people and JMW who can and should be doing more heavy lifting besides the same tired triangles and whining behind Mommy and Daddy's love life. As someone said some pages back, Brooke and Taylor need to stop using their daughters as sounding boards.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Then again, with Ridge being the only one missing out on the big news, maybe he will turn up missing. Wasn't TK supposed to be taking a sabbatical from the show?

I've been hearing this since December and I'm beginning to think the fandom has had some sort of Mandela effect moment about this because we're all so damn sick of Ridge, and especially the mean, manchild, petulant way he portrays this character.

I have nothing to add to what @Skarzero and @CountryGirl have said about the Douglas situation, except to say that I fully expect Hope to be raked over the coals no matter what she does and if I hear SORASed Douglas screeching about Hope abandoning him five years from now without dragging Thomas for abandoning him first, I am going to riot.

• Love 10

Of all of the most ridiculous, unbelievable, mindless, brain destroying story lines on any soap in any year with any actors, this “Sheila got eaten by a bear” is the most …… I can’t even imagine a word descriptive enough for the enormity of this insult to us.

• Applause 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm nodding along to all of this. Hope was the only person who stepped up to take care of a little boy who was treated like trash by his father, who terrorized him with the ghost set-up and who verbally abused him to the point that Douglas cowered and put his hands over his face to protect himself from the physical abuse he had every reason to think was coming. And all because he told the truth about Beth. That was this poor kid's life when he wasn't being shoved in a grief-stricken Hope's face as a replacement for her lost child.

I didn't quote everything about all the shit Thomas has done, but I still think that it's up to Douglas now, as far as him wanting to spend more time with his dad.  I think he does see Hope as his mother, and she won't be left out, but no matter what Thomas has done in the past, the fact remains that Douglas wants to spend more time with him.  And I think he should because I think he can see now how much his father has changed for the better.   

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't quote everything about all the shit Thomas has done, but I still think that it's up to Douglas now, as far as him wanting to spend more time with his dad.  I think he does see Hope as his mother, and she won't be left out, but no matter what Thomas has done in the past, the fact remains that Douglas wants to spend more time with him.  And I think he should because I think he can see now how much his father has changed for the better.   

But that isn't Hope's fault that Thomas hasn't seen Douglas more than he has. Hope isn't stopping or preventing Thomas to being a father to Douglas or for them spending time together. They have been spending time together. The fact that Thomas has moved a snail's pace to get some kind of joint custody situation with Hope in the nearly 3 years since she adopted Douglas, is all on Thomas.

Since Caroline's death, Thomas has used his son as a tool to getting closer to Hope and even though he supposedly better now, he didn't want to disrupt the boat because he didn't want to alienate Hope and make himself her enemy by taking Douglas out of Hope's home.

If Thomas wasn't scheming to break up Hope's marriage or having mental breakdowns where he needed to have zoom counseling session with his mother the "world renowned psychiatrist," maybe he would have more time to focus on being a father.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Douglas wanting to spend more time with a seemingly changed Thomas does not translate into Thomas getting primary physical custody. It’s understandable that he wants to spend more time with his dad now that Thomas has chosen to make him more of a priority instead of his obsession with Hope. But the fact remains that it’s not just that Douglas views Hope as his mother. She IS his mother in the eyes of the law. She has an equal say in the matter. 

Douglas hasn’t even said anything about wanting to live with Thomas full-time. Only that he wants to see Thomas more than the occasional visits we’ve seen over the years (and that’s on Thomas, not Hope).

Those are very different things. Also, I’ll stand by my point that a child of Douglas’ age doesn’t and shouldn’t get to call the shots about which parent he lives with and no judge is going to make a decision based solely on a kid’s wishes. 

Of course, I fully expect them to retcon this into some version that Hope “stole” him from Thomas and Thomas is rescuing Douglas from the evil Logans. Never mind that he used his child as bait to try to get Hope into bed. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I don't agree that Hope, his adoptive mother, shouldn't have 50/50 time with him. I'm not following the logic that Hope suddenly has to give up custody and be reduced to visitation only. Again, she's not just taking care of him. She adopted him and has just as much rights and say as Thomas does.

Totally agree.  They each should have 50% custody.  Hope crying and Deacon the Deadbeat acting tough is ridiculous and inappropriate.  Hope has no (or at least a shaky) leg to stand on, legally or emotionally, that she should have sole physical custody of Douglas.  She and Thomas are both his parents and they should have joint custody.  This isn’t complicated.  It happens literally every day.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Of all of the most ridiculous, unbelievable, mindless, brain destroying story lines on any soap in any year with any actors, this “Sheila got eaten by a bear” is the most …… I can’t even imagine a word descriptive enough for the enormity of this insult to us.

I dunno, that ED story w Eric would beat this one out for insulting my intelligence but only *just* barely.

We've seen her escape fires in the past unscathed, but a **BEAR** did her in?

Uh-huh.

I hope it's just a cover for her slinking off to Genoa City and helping to boost their stale stories because Y&R certainly needs the help. Maybe she can pretend to care about her other grandchild while she's there (poor Lucy Romalotti, that child never stood a chance with both Sheila and Phyllis her family tree...F in the chat :( )

15 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Deacon the Deadbeat

Yeah, love me some Deacon but the dude needs to sit this one out. He got a barely legal teen pregnant and skipped outta her life, then knocked up his MIL. I will grant that Brooke did her damndest to keep distance between Hope and Deacon for reasons other than Hope's well-being but it's not like he truly tried THAT hard to be in her life and who knows what, if any relationship he has with Eric/Little D.

All that said, it's nice Hope will for once have someone in her corner on an issue.

13 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Anyone know why we have a new Douglas?

The last actor has a busy work schedule that was limiting his availability for B&B from what I heard, and given his natural talent, I'm glad to hear it. I will miss the little guy but I'm always happy to hear of B&B actors putting their talents to better use since God knows Brad Bell doesn't.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

I'm not going to judge Hope for being emotional about the prospect of Douglas moving out and in with Thomas at Eric's house after over 2 years of being with her. If my hunch is correct, that this isn't going to be Thomas looking to get 50/50 but full custody, then Hope has a right to be emotional.

I also have to look at this with the lens of what Hope has been through. She had a child literally stolen from her and a dead baby placed in her arms. She was separated from her child for almost a year and I will never forget that Thomas was complicit in that separation as he could have come clean months prior but chose not to as he wanted to keep Hope in a state of grief and more vulnerable to his advances.

I notice how her voice cracked when she said Beth's name which tells me she is flashing back to that horrible time. Anyone who went through what Hope did has to have some sort of PTSD so of course the prospect of Douglas moving in with his father full-time is going to trigger emotions. I'm not going to tell a woman who went through what Hope did that she doesn't get to have feelings about what is happening now. She's also likely thinking that even though she adopted him, Thomas is his biological father and that may sway a court in his favor. 

If Thomas moves to have 50/50 custody, that is, as I have said, fine, and Hope will need to accept that, but I think he is going to go for full custody, which changes the dynamic enormously and he will be in the wrong for doing so.

And of course show lives for the dramaz so they won't have the sensible and what would be the real-world solution of 50/50 custody. 

I'm also not convinced all is well with Thomas, considering his actions in the past few months of keeping what he knew about Sheila a secret from everyone as it was ultimately Sheila that told on herself, unable to resist crowing how she destroyed Brooke and the Bridge marriage. He also was pushing Hope to just accept Liam and Steffy playing house and happy family after the shooting, even after Steffy got her memory back. That smacks of the same Thomas who attempted to trade his own child for sex with Hope. Thomas has also barely spent any time with Douglas the past few years and that's all on him. All of that should also be taken into consideration. 

At the end of the day, I can go with Thomas is redeemed now, so 50/50 custody is the right call, but I predict he'll be seeking full custody next week, which is not okay. 

As for Deacon, he's reacting to his daughter being upset so I'm not going to get all excited about him having an outburst. If Thomas is trying to be there for Douglas more and be more of a father to him and the argument is that he should be given grace and space to be a better man and father after everything he's done, including actually putting his hands on his child per this clip and his child exclaiming in pain, then, the same grace should be extended to Deacon to have some compassion for his daughter now.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

It is all so plain and simple to me

Thomas shoehorned his son into Hope's life, using her grief and unhappiness as a means to get her into bed. He terrorized his son; he not only made his son feel like shit for doing the right thing but threatened him and gaslighted him. 

Thomas has not proven that he is full time father material. He still does not have suitable housing for his son and will be living with his grandfather and Donna. I suspect once the novelty wears off Thomas will go back to the status quo and will be flitting in and out of Douglas's day to day life, leaving him to Eric and Donna's care. 

If Thomas was fully committed to Douglas, he would have made it his life's mission to prove that to not only his son, but to everyone else. But Douglas hasn't been his first priority. Thomas has been far more concerned about reuniting his parents, focusing on his career, and keeping horrible secrets from everyone. 

Douglas has expressed he wants to spend more time with his dad, and that is completely understandable, but it also doesn't mean he wants a full-time arraignment. 

Hope and Liam have given Douglas a stable, happy home for years now. Hope is his adoptive mom, and just like Li loves her adopted son Finn, Hope loves her adopted son Douglas. To insinuate that an adoptive parent's love is not real is an insult to all adoptive parents. It is no different than when Steffy learned that PhoBeth was actually Hope's daughter, and she cried for days on end after only a year of bonding. So, to suggest that Hope should not be emotional makes no sense and is unfair. 

Deacon may have been a deadbeat in his past life, but he has more than made up for it in his current life. His one misstep was not handing Sheila over to the police, but at the same time I understand his fear. No matter what he said, he would have been accused of harboring a fugitive. No one would have listened, or even given him a chance. Deacon has fought hard to redeem himself, holding a crappy job, living in a broom closet, taking Ridge's insults and his snot nosed shit without retaliation. Why should he go back to prison because of psycho Sheila? In most cases I wouldn't, but I have to give him a pass here. Outside of that, he has developed a good relationship with Hope, and a working repour with Liam, and has every right to be outraged for his daughter. That is what father's do; they protect their kids. Look at Ridge, and how protective he is of Steffy. Deacon has the same right no matter his past. And his advice was spot on; Hope and Liam need to get ahead of this mess, they need to launch a defensive action before Thomas strikes. 

I am in agreement with others that a child of Douglas's age should be heard, and their feelings taken into account, but that should not be the basis of a decision as serious as full time custody. And why should Hope be punished for being there for Douglas, for taking on the responsibility of another person's child and doing a damn good job of parenting that child. And yes, she will be vilified no matter what she does. If she fights Thomas, her detractors will be screaming about how unfair she is, how selfish and self-centered to want to keep a son from his father. If she relents, and doesn't fight, then she will be called cold and unfeeling, and will be accused of not caring for Douglas. 

At the end of the day, Thomas has had full access to his son. Hope has never tried to keep them apart or tried to interfere in their time together and has always encouraged Thomas to spend more time with Douglas. Thomas's absence from his son's life is entirely on him and proves beyond any shadow of any doubt that Thomas is not ready for full time fatherhood. 

In other news:

Sheila's disembodied middle toe is breaking the internet

And let the romance of the year begin. Yeah to Bill and Li. Chem testing proved positive that Bill may have finally found his match. I love that Li knows who Bill really is, but her first experience with him exposed that there is a kind, gentle, caring person in there. And she lit up just a little bit too. Her eyes were brighter as her smile touched them. They both have iron wills and will go to the ends of the earth for those they love. I have my popcorn ready, so bring it on Show. 

• Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

Here we go again with a Forester sticking it to a Logan. Now all of a sudden Lurch wants to make time for Douglas 2.0 and wants to be a “real father”.  Where was he before. If he actually wanted to make more time for Douglas 2.0 he could have. Hope would not have stopped him.  Lurch is really too selfish to be a full time dad. Lurch like Ridge and Eric I can’t see as a  nurturing father.  On the other hand, Hope is basically Mother Nature.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

But that isn't Hope's fault that Thomas hasn't seen Douglas more than he has.

I never said it was Hope's fault, and I'm not blaming her for anything related to Douglas and his father, and frankly, I don't see how my post could even have been interpreted that way. 

I never discussed custody, and 50/50 is fine.  My point was that if Douglas wanted to spend more time with his father, he should be able to.    

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I had to take issue with Bill comparing Sheila to an animal.  Animals are not capable of hatred or intentional cruelty for cruelty's sake.  "Monster" is a more appropriate word to describe Sheila.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 8/12/2022 at 1:01 PM, nilyank said:

Hope adopted Douglas

Did she really adopt him?  Did she go to court?  Did Thomas give up all his parental rights?  I never knew it was official.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:38 AM, RuntheTable said:

Sheila's disembodied middle toe is breaking the internet

Sheila's disembodied middle toe has chemistry with everyone!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 5:06 PM, CountryGirl said:

I'm nodding along to all of this. Hope was the only person who stepped up to take care of a little boy who was treated like trash by his father, who terrorized him with the ghost set-up and who verbally abused him to the point that Douglas cowered and put his hands over his face to protect himself from the physical abuse he had every reason to think was coming. And all because he told the truth about Beth. That was this poor kid's life when he wasn't being shoved in a grief-stricken Hope's face as a replacement for her lost child.

Thomas loved his son so much that he was willing to trade him for sex with Hope.

FZ-mnB1WAAIzo5p?format=jpg&name=small

Maybe some, like Thomas' family, are fine with sweeping his disgusting actions under the rug, but I'm sure as hell not.

Apparently Show wants us to handwave all of Thomas' misdeeds with that pesky Brain Tumor (including Emma's death- but don't get me started on that one). I promise it's going to mentioned again at some point during the custody foolishness to remind us.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:13 AM, Soapy Goddess said:

Anyone know why we have a new Douglas?

The last actor is otherwise Booked and Busy (good for him!)

On 8/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, Anna Yolei said:

I hope it's just a cover for her slinking off to Genoa City and helping to boost their stale stories because Y&R certainly needs the help. Maybe she can pretend to care about her other grandchild while she's there (poor Lucy Romalotti, that child never stood a chance with both Sheila and Phyllis her family tree...F in the chat :( )

Lucy Romalotti... now THAT'S a character that they should bring to the Y&R canvas! I know this is the B&B board, but I think there are enough of us here that watch both shows that I'll just leave this here.

Edited by TVForever
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Realizing that this show is the world’s worst for repeating, repeating, repeating the same lines for months on end, today I just wanted to smack Steffy for ONCE AGAIN trying to slam her mommy and daddy together. And NuTay? Please put on appropriate clothing, stand up straight, stop simpering and acting like a 14 year old with her first crush. You are too much of everything and none of it is good.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11

Hope adopted him in November of 2019. The transcripts bear this out with tons of references to Hope adopting him, including Thomas telling Douglas on 11/26/19 that Hope was adopting him and Carter, the very next day, saying "the adoption was on the up-and-up."

Could the show retconn this? Sure, it's one of the things they love to do as if we don't have eyes and ears. 

But the fact remains, Hope did adopt him and is legally his mother and in every way that counts. 

Thomas did not give up his parental rights - it was shared custody, but Thomas, barely exercised his rights until very recently, which is all on his ass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

How many days will it take for the Pseudo Foresters to get over Shiela’s death?  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Brooke, it doesn’t take much to upset Ridge does it?  

Bill and Li has formed a mutual admiration society. 

Lurch, since when do you like to spend time with Douglas 2.0?  If you really wanted to live with Douglas 2.0, than you would have your own place and not live with Eric.  How much would Stuffy protest if Katie wanted to live with Liam?  I’m sure Stuffy would try to prevent that every way she could. But Stuffy is ok with Lurch taking Douglas 2.0 away from Hope, Liam, and Beth.  Could those Pseudo Foresters be anymore selfish?  They couldn’t even give 💩💩 about Hope and her feelings. Fuck them all. 

Why do the monkeys with a keyboard think it’s so very entertaining for these miserable idiots to stand around the CEO office or Stuffy’s living room having shit ass conversations that are self serving. 

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TVForever said:

Lucy Romalotti... now THAT'S a character that they should bring to the Y&R canvas! I know this is the B&B board, but I think there are enough of us here that watch both shows that I'll just leave this here.

Sorry for asking in this forum but I no longer watch Y&R so I’m curious, (based on her last name), how is this Lucy related to Danny & Gina? 

signed, someone STILL pissed all these years later they broke up Danny and Cricket/Christine using bs reasoning which never happened. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How many days will it take for the Pseudo Foresters to get over Shiela’s death?  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

Brooke, it doesn’t take much to upset Ridge does it?  

Bill and Li has formed a mutual admiration society. 

Lurch, since when do you like to spend time with Douglas 2.0?  If you really wanted to live with Douglas 2.0, than you would have your own place and not live with Eric.  How much would Stuffy protest if Katie wanted to live with Liam?  I’m sure Stuffy would try to prevent that every way she could. But Stuffy is ok with Lurch taking Douglas 2.0 away from Hope, Liam, and Beth.  Could those Pseudo Foresters be anymore selfish?  They couldn’t even give 💩💩 about Hope and her feelings. Fuck them all. 

Why do the monkeys with a keyboard think it’s so very entertaining for these miserable idiots to stand around the CEO office or Stuffy’s living room having shit ass conversations that are self serving. 

Why would Katie want to live with Liam?

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Sorry for asking in this forum but I no longer watch Y&R so I’m curious, (based on her last name), how is this Lucy related to Danny & Gina? 

signed, someone STILL pissed all these years later they broke up Danny and Cricket/Christine using bs reasoning which never happened. 

Danny is her grandfather (adoptive), and Gina is her great-aunt.  Her mother is Daisy Carter, daughter of Sheila Carter and Terrible Tom Fisher, making Sheila her grandmother.

I seriously  forget how many children Sheila has spawned. In fact, Show could have done the entire Finn storyline using Ryder ( I think that's his name), one of Sheila's already existing children that she also didn't raise. 

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, TVForever said:

I seriously  forget how many children Sheila has spawned. In fact, Show could have done the entire Finn storyline using Ryder ( I think that's his name), one of Sheila's already existing children that she also didn't raise. 

And then there's long-lost Diana, the half-sister of Ridge (via Massimo) and Finn (via Sheila). Such a small world... Wonder what happened to her.

I'm not feeling the Thomas storyline (shared custody isn't rocket science), Steffy babbling nonstop nonsense on a rickety soapbox (while her husband is alone at a medical appointment to follow-up on being clinically dead for three months), or what looks like a brewing Fauxrester vs Logan war. 😴 The only consolation is that Ridge, of all people, is almost trying to be the voice of reason.

Still here for Bill and Li. That's about it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

A Bill-Li pairing sounds more intriguing the more you think about it, beyond the obvious chemistry.  With the exception of Steffy (and Eric, to a lesser degree), Bill loathes the family that Li's son married into.  Li doesn't seem so impressed by them, either.  That could set up a really interesting dynamic for them as a couple.

3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

1 hour ago, TVForever said:

Danny is her grandfather (adoptive), and Gina is her great-aunt.  Her mother is Daisy Carter, daughter of Sheila Carter and Terrible Tom Fisher, making Sheila her grandmother.

Another important point is that Lucy was conceived when crazy Daisy drugged and raped Daniel (Phyllis' son raised by Danny).  The rotten apple didn't fall too far from the diseased tree.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8

Did Deacon say that he thought Thomas was some rice and beans short of a combination plate? I wonder if that was ad libbed on the spot? Scott Clifton looked like he was about to break character with laughter. 
The custody storyline is stupid. He came to her and asked her to be Douglas’s mom. It’s not something where they can realistically be like “oh thanks for filling in, but you’re done now.” That was stupid of Taylor to even suggest that Hope only stepped in as a nice gesture after Caroline died. Taylor and Steffy keep trying to rewrite history. 
More BillLi and less of everything else, please and thank you. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

That was stupid of Taylor to even suggest that Hope only stepped in as a nice gesture after Caroline died. Taylor and Steffy keep trying to rewrite history. 

Taylor saw a grief stricken Hope and Douglas bonding together and Thomas crazy eyes watching them, and realized that if Thomas get Hope to leave Liam to be Douglas' mommy, Liam would be free for Steffy to snag.

Thomas inherited her deluded crazy from her.

Caroline died in March 2019, and in less than a few weeks after that, Thomas was scheming to get Hope to become Douglas new mommy (and of course marrying him). So he forged a letter from Caroline stating she wanted Hope to raise Douglas, faked drawings from Douglas to guilt Hope into agreeing to his plans, told his grieving son to call Hope "mommy," tried to scare his son and confuse him so he would cling harded to Hope, and agreed to sharing custody/Hope's plans for adopting Douglas. He would daydream about Hope's entire family (all Logans and Liam) being dead so that he was the only person that she had in his life. He found out about Beth and kept quiet and chase down poor Emma to HER DEATH to keep that secret. He would also thought about using molly on Hope so she would sleep with him, would use molly on Liam so he slept with Steffy and  tried to kidnap Hope. He also disappear for chunks of times for his bad behavior with his son and with son.

All of this was before Hope manequin fixation and discovering that he has tumor. A tumor that was not discovered during those times he felt off a cliff (for trying to invade Hope's space when she told him to go) or when he was being treated by his mother in weekly zoom sessions.

Finally, the only reason why Douglas exists is because Thomas decided  that he had to have sex with a drugged up Caroline who was in distress over her husband Ridge.

Edited by nilyank
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Did Deacon say that he thought Thomas was some rice and beans short of a combination plate? I wonder if that was ad libbed on the spot? Scott Clifton looked like he was about to break character with laughter.

I saw that too...and believe it was an ad-lib. I recently read an article that said both the actors who play Deacon & Sheila always had fun with their lines and would definitely sneak in an ad-lib every once in a while.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

If these "writers" are gonna go with a serious custody "battle" over Douglas, or Hope being strong armed into giving up physical custody and suffering the loss of ANOTHER child.. I am going to have to take another extended break. 

Because if I have to watch Steffy be insufferable about having to give up BETH to her birth parent right away even though she had "adopted/purchased" her.... I may Elvis my poor TV. And today's flat screens are not built to take that kind of abuse. 

How nice does Hope need to be? How understanding and accommodating  does she have to be? Is she doing penance? Between Liam's non stop bullshit with Steffy. Then her own mother being cowed to her abuser, so Hope isn't allowed to connect with her own Dad. Thomas just SAYING knock knock as he WALKED INTO HER HOME (That shit enraged me. ) Now Thomas trying to pull some tricky shit. He already has 50/50 custody that he has declined taking advantage of for the last three years.But now Dr World Renowned Preteen nitwit and his Bulldozing sister are trying to get him all worked up as if Hope was a babysitter who has stepped over a line. 

I hope Sheila hobbles back into town and finishes off the Marrones one by one. Or at least the bear.

Just leave Finn with the kids. 

Eta: So now that Grace got what she wanted and her precious baby is away from Terrible Carter...did they both disolve into bubbles,  like Old school Hope? 

Edited by smartyshorts
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

The dichotomy between the Marone scenes and the Logan, Sharp, Spencer scenes was jarring. The Marone's as always were nasty, snarky, lying, mean spirited jackasses. While the other crew seemed like a group of friends out for lunch and just shooting the breeze. 

Steffy and Taylor are both so far off the mark with their inane comments, acting like Hope has kept Douglas from Thomas, when the opposite is true, and she has done nothing but encourage Thomas to spend more time with his son. And yes Taylor, you WRP, Hope does have rights here; she is his adoptive mother and most definitely has a say. And Steffy yammering on about how much better Thomas is doing, yet his lies by omission are what got you and your husband shot. I think the best though was how she said that "Douglas was staying with Hope while you worked on yourself." Really? He was staying with Hope, what like a sleepover or something? A three year slumber party? And then spouting off about biological parents? Talking about how the Li/Finn/Sheila situation is different because Sheila chose to give Finn up, but how Caroline died? I am struggling with the logic here since Caroline is not the one who shoehorned Douglas into Hope's life, so I fail to see how what she would have done plays into this situation. And really, Steffy of all people talking about biological parents and their rights opposed to adoptive parents? Girlfriend clearly needs a memory reboot with how she behaved over PhoBeth. She had only had possession of that baby for a year and whined and caterwauled for months about how mean and heartless Hope was to take her baby back. A baby that Steffy's doofus mother bought on the black market, not even going through the proper legal channels. But Hope, after following all legalities, and being Douglas's mother, and providing him a safe, happy home for three years, is just supposed to be ok with Thomas suddenly wanting custody of his son. She is not supposed to be upset, or hurt, or worried. Talking about how Thomas needs to fight Hope and Brooke? WTAF? When did Hope become the enemy? Is it because she dared to love Douglas? And stupid ass needs to get her family names right, she may feel that Douglas belongs with them, but that would be the Marone's/Hamilton's hon, not the Forrester's. Just so much DUH!

The enormity of Steffy and Taylor's delusions and fucking flat out dumbassedness is almost more than I can bear. 

I want more than anything in the world, for Brooke to find out how far over the line Ridge has been straying with Taylor. I want her to find out that they had hugged, and snuggled, and flirted, and kissed many, many times. I want her to find this out, and I want her to see and understand that absolutely ridiculous double standard that Ridge lives and puts on her. I also desperately need her to find out how Ridge is in collusion with his other family to keep the fact that Thomas knew what Sheila did to Brooke a secret. I want her to see where Ridge's loyalties lay, and who he cares about. I want her to be angry, and fucking pissed the hell off about it, and I want her to help Hope fight those friggin morons and use Thomas's most recent fuck up to help win their case. 

And then there is Bill and Li, Oh, my, my, my, what a breath of fresh air. They are so damned adorable. Bill got an earful about Li, and how she may be small in stature, but has the heart of a lioness. And she just lights up! Yeah, I am here for it. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

The adult kids talking about their parents kissing is creepy, even Taylor telling Steffy knowing Ridge is married is out of line. 

The discussion on how Hope is basically nothing but a glorified babysitter, when legally she adopted him is his mother and he calls her mom was disgusting and insulting to adoptitions. Thomas was just a few weeks ago covering for Sheila, yes lets give him a child to care for all alone? Or will the staff/Donna in Eric's house do everything? 

Taylor the Psychiatrist doesn't care about uprooting him from his mother, step-dad, his home and his sister will do to him? 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Taylor and Steffy could not care less about Douglas - they never have. Did either of them step in to help after Caroline died? No, they did not. In fact, Taylor, seeing an opening for Liam to reunite with Steffy and Kelly and play daddy to blackmarket baby Phoebeth, was all for shoving Douglas in a grieving Hope's direction and Steffy went right along with it so she could get Liam back.

Just let the grossness of that sink in - using a child, their own grandchild and nephew, who had already suffered the loss of his mother, Caroline, to manipulate a grief-stricken, depressed woman. Thomas' litany of awful acts has already been laid out well upthread.

Now, they don't care about Douglas either, so long as they get one over on the "evil Logans." Taking Douglas away from Hope gets them that V and Taylor smooching with Ridge on the sly is another win in their books. And if Finn hadn't been resurrected, we all know Steffy was angling to make it a clean sweep by luring Liam away from Hope to help her with her grief. 

I'm thisclose to tuning out all but the BilLi scenes. They, with some bits of SK's Deacon, are the only reasons to watch.

• Love 14

You know, it was sick enough the first time Taylor used her own kids in her proxy war against Brooke, but at least they were old enough to push back on this BS (and Steffy actually did so after Liam left her over Kelly's paternity test).

Douglas OTOH is a literal child, who like many kids just wants a relationship with his daddy after he'd been raised in a healthy enough household to even get to that point of not being scared of him. And that fear should've raised red flags to these people years ago, but for reasons laid out earlier, it didn't and he's being used as a pawn yet again.

I'm so mad Dani and Karen did end up with custody so he could have half a chance of being raised normal.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm thisclose to tuning out all but the BilLi scenes. They, with some bits of SK's Deacon, are the only reasons to watch.

I agree with so many recent posts on this topic. Quoted this one because that's exactly what I've been doing. The last two days, I read a book and made quick calls most of the show.  Unmuted the sound only to hear what Bill and Li were saying. I hope we get a nice romance for once where they get to know each other and form a solid relationship. Wondering how families on both sides will react. I am hoping Katie likes Li and we don't get more triangle fights. Aren't there already enough of those? Wouldn't the change be refreshing. On Steffy's side they can all be outraged and kick rocks.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Taylor and Steffy could not care less about Douglas - they never have. Did either of them step in to help after Caroline died? No, they did not. In fact, Taylor, seeing an opening for Liam to reunite with Steffy and Kelly and play daddy to blackmarket baby Phoebeth, was all for shoving Douglas in a grieving Hope's direction and Steffy went right along with it so she could get Liam back.

Just let the grossness of that sink in - using a child, their own grandchild and nephew, who had already suffered the loss of his mother, Caroline, to manipulate a grief-stricken, depressed woman. Thomas' litany of awful acts has already been laid out well upthread.

Now, they don't care about Douglas either, so long as they get one over on the "evil Logans." Taking Douglas away from Hope gets them that V and Taylor smooching with Ridge on the sly is another win in their books. And if Finn hadn't been resurrected, we all know Steffy was angling to make it a clean sweep by luring Liam away from Hope to help her with her grief. 

Thank you! Why are we suddenly getting these scenes of the Forresters talking like they have to round up a posse and go get Douglas back from those thievin' Logans?

Beth didn't steal Douglas. She didn't even ask for him. Thomas took advantage of her vulnerable state to force him onto her, and she grew close to Douglas as a result.

Having said all that, I actually think Hope should just give him back. Yes, it will be painful, but just let it happen. Ultimately, it's just bringing an end to a situation that never should have happened anyway. The kids will continue to be part of the same extended family, so at least there's that.

Edited by TVForever
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, TVForever said:

Danny is her grandfather (adoptive), and Gina is her great-aunt. 

😲  JFC!  I feel so old.

17 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Another important point is that Lucy was conceived when crazy Daisy drugged and raped Daniel (Phyllis' son raised by Danny).  The rotten apple didn't fall too far from the diseased tree.

Ah yes...Daniel was one of the reasons show split up Danny/Cricket. iirc, Danny didn't actually sleep with Phyllis, right?  Phyllis was some deranged fan and drugged Danny while he was on tour?  Do I have that right?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

There is no dispute that Hope is Douglas' mother.  Stupid, conniving Thomas forged a note from dead Caroline asking Hope to be a mother to her son after she died.  Hope didn't "steal" Douglas from Thomas in any way, shape or form.  She adopted him.  She's his mother.  Period.  Full stop.

But 50/50 or "joint custody" usually means both parents have equal time with the child.  Thomas only visits Douglas at Hope's house.  This whole concept of the mother never "keeping" a child from seeing his father is mindboggling and belongs in decades long past.  Fathers have joint physical custody and no longer have to "visit" their own kids at their ex's house. 

Even accepting that Thomas is a loon and there's an argument he shouldn't have custody, why is it that Liam doesn't have joint custody?  Why does he never have Kelly at his house?  He only goes to Steffy's to see his daughter.  Liam is a weak waffle but he's in no way a threat to his daughter.  So why does Steffy have sole custody again?  Including taking his daughter to Europe for weeks (months?)?  Hope should be just as much a parental figure to Kelly as Finn is but she just isn't because of this weird outdated construct the show just can't discard. 

Beyond stupid.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I guess the writers think it's "cute" with Taylor constantly having her hands jammed into her pockets and having her sitting barefoot on the sofa like a toddler.  🙄

And Steffy's dress would have looked nice on her if it hadn't been so short.  

• Applause 7
  • Love 5

Douglas may want to spend more time with his dad but I doubt he wants to completely leave Hope, the woman who has cared for him for several years now. Newsflash Steffy, the Logan’s didn’t steal Douglas, Thomas dangled him in front of a grieving Hope to get in her pants.  
Why is Steffy going on about Douglas as well as her mommy and daddy kissing? Her husband just came back to her and she’s mired in bullshit.

• Love 9

Does anyone else see the same story arc with Lurch and Shiela.  Lurch has a nefarious past and wants to reconnect with his son and Shiela, who also has a nefarious past, wanted to reconnect with her son.  I’m not comparing Shiela’s past to Lurch’s past.  I’m just saying that the story arc is the same.  

Stuffy, maybe it’s time for Katie to live with her father so she won’t grow up to be a heartless elitist ass hole.  Stuffy says that the Logans have taken enough from us. Does that include Liam?  

What ever happened to KM’s Hope?  That Hope would not put up with Lurch nor make excuses for him.  KM’s Hope had a backbone, new Hope is a jellyfish. 

WTF, Lurch. Douglas 2.0 doesn’t have a sense of family living with Hope?  With you, Douglas 2.0 is more or less isolated with adults. With Hope, he has Beth to interact with. Liam, you should grow a backbone also and tell Stuffy that since Lurch is taking Douglas 2.0, her “brother” away, you want Katie to live with her sister. How can Stuffy refute that since she wanted a sister, for Katie, from the get go. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Liam, you should grow a backbone also and tell Stuffy that since Lurch is taking Douglas 2.0, her “brother” away, you want Katie to live with her sister. How can Stuffy refute that since she wanted a sister, for Katie, from the get go. 

I think you mean Kelly but SO MUCH THIS!  If Steffy is arguing Douglas should be with his bio parent (Thomas), then see how Steffy likes it if Kelly were to live with HER bio parent Liam. In fact, Liam SHOULD pursue this not just so Beth and Kelly can spend more time bonding as sisters, but since Liam is on Hope's side on the Thomas custody issue, that'd be a way to get back at Steffy.

I'm sure Steffy and the other Fauxresters will bring on the hypocrisy why that's completely different.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why is Steffy going on about Douglas as well as her mommy and daddy kissing? Her husband just came back to her and she’s mired in bullshit.

Seriously…it’s been something like TWO DAYS, and she’s focusing on ANYTHING but him. Finn deserves so much better.

Let’s see… Steffy’s husband identifies as adopted; that husband is co-parenting a nonbiological child who, according to Steffy, was majorly depressed when he was ripped out of that child's life; Steffy didn’t want to give up Phoebe II/Beth to Beth’s biological parents; and Steffy solely identifies with the nonbiological Forrester side of her family. Tell us more how only biological family is real family, Steff. (Except not. Just stop talking.)

This story might have been somewhat interesting, rather than insulting and infuriating, if Steffy didn’t agree with Thomas and ended up poised against Thomas/Taylor with Ridge waffling (as usual). As it is, I hope this storyline thematically merges with the Sheila storyline and breaks up Sinn. But since Finn only has a backbone and thoughts of his own when Steffy isn't on the show, I might also have to sit this storyline out. (Now would be a great time for Sheila's toe to shoot Thomas. 😝)

• Love 9

Co-signing @norcalgal. But Lame is too fickle. He'd whine, "Oh, I can't do that to poor Steffy. She just got her family back ... wah, wah, wah ... "

I caught a major continuity error. The other day, Thomas told Hope and Liam he'd already talked to Eric about Thomas and Douglas moving in. That was part of the foundation for his argument, that there would be an actual house. Today, was that big production about asking Eric if Thomas and Liam could move in. ???

Sheila, Sheila, Sheila, you had just ONE job to do. I kind of wish Sheila would slither back out from wherever and finish the job with Steffy. The things Steffy said today about Hope and Douglas were just revisionist BS. 

I also thought that too short, too tight turquoise dress looked terrible. Kudos to JMW        for being in such great shape so soon after giving birth to her third child .... B-uh-uht ...

I am not sure about Bill and Li, but I like them together. Brooke and Katie were not dummies by any means. Both are educated and professional women. But the conversation Bill and Li had was just so different from anything I've seen with Bill and other women. It was calm with thinking before speaking. No arguing or dramatics. Li is attractive but not in a flashy Beverly Hill fashion manner like Katie, Brooke, Donna, Taylor, et. al.

Bill could take Katie or Brooke to a business function. Both women would look stunning in the latest fashion trends and manage to be polite and charming to the other guests but only with surface chatter. Bill would most definitely be the star and believe it.

Bill could take Li to a business function and Li would look beautiful but with a quiet elegance. Li would have an in-depth conversation with everybody she met and impress them with her knowledge and social graces. Li would be the star and Bill would be proud.

So I think it's a very different situation for Bill. He has at least met a woman who is his intellectual match, but Li seems almost too low-key Bill. We'll see (I hope!)

And FFS, if Brooke turns a blind eye and justifies that greasy grifter's appalling behavior again this time ... 

I am ready to move back to Quarter or Eric and Donna or anybody. I am so sick of the Taytots and Taylor in her disco attire and the way she feebly "protests" when Steffy starts playing "Parent Trap." 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I think you mean Kelly but SO MUCH THIS!  If Steffy is arguing Douglas should be with his bio parent (Thomas), then see how Steffy likes it if Kelly were to live with HER bio parent Liam. In fact, Liam SHOULD pursue this not just so Beth and Kelly can spend more time bonding as sisters, but since Liam is on Hope's side on the Thomas custody issue, that'd be a way to get back at Steffy.

I'm sure Steffy and the other Fauxresters will bring on the hypocrisy why that's completely different.  🙄

Thanks. Yes I meant Kellie. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I caught a major continuity error. The other day, Thomas told Hope and Liam he'd already talked to Eric about Thomas and Douglas moving in. That was part of the foundation for his argument, that there would be an actual house. Today, was that big production about asking Eric if Thomas and Liam could move in. ???

Or Thomas is a big, fat liar with his pants on fire. I believe that being the more likely scenario.

• Applause 7
  • Love 1

Ridge kinda left some stuff out, don't get me wrong, I am glad that he is owning Monaco, but he needs to fess up about all of it. If Brooke had been carrying on with any man, not just Deacon, but anyone else the way he has with Taylor, Ridge would have been bellowing and barking loud enough for all the Gods to hear. Brooke needs to learn the whole truth; fondling, cuddling, flirting, being coy, eye fucking, kissing, snuggling; yes ALL OF IT. 

But I am hoping her finding out about Monaco along with the fact that Ridge is going to support Thomas, will be enough to finally light a fire under Brooke's Stepford Wife's ass. Then, to fully light that fire, she can find out about his betrayal regarding Thomas's secret. 

Bill and Li; I am just loving it. @CharlizeCat nailed it with

12 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

But the conversation Bill and Li had was just so different from anything I've seen with Bill and other women. It was calm with thinking before speaking. No arguing or dramatics.

This is so fresh and different. Bill has never met anyone quite like Li; strong, determined, independent, self sufficient, accomplished, and a person who takes no prisoners and makes no apologies. When she hugged him I squeed like a little kid. 

Why did Thomas ask Ridge about moving in with Eric? And why did he tell Hope he had already made that arrangement?

Why does Steffy go to the office for 5 minutes to grouse about the Evil Logans, then go home with her mommy to act like two high schoolers getting ready for their first date? 

And Taylor is far worse than Ridge. This hypocrite drags Brooke for the slightest infraction, but she never casts any shade on her own inappropriate behavior. Brooke drunkenly kissed a very single Deacon on NY'sE, so what is Taylor's excuse for kissing a very married Ridge multiple times while perfectly sober? 

In any event

Due to a massive rage blackout I had to skip all the Steffy/Taylor nonsense. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10