Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Caroline looked especially beautiful yesterday, and I was glad to see some spunk in her words. I think she is finally getting angry, or maybe, she is just out of patience with Rick's behavior. I don't give a flying fig what Caroline did, she is acting like an adult, and Rick is acting like a petulant child who had his new shiny toy taken away. Any grown up worth their salt would have taken some time to process and cool off, then they would have approached their spouse to discuss the situation. They would not have fallen into the sack with the first warm body to come along. And they most certainly would not be living with the that warm body as if they were married. He is not only willing to lose the woman he loves by parading his mistress around like she belongs, but he is willing to use his, and his entire family's legacy to get his revenge. Rick has shown himself not worthy of Eric's trust. He is nothing but a punk ass bitch, and I am waiting to see him get a righteous smack down. Then, I hope Caroline shows him what his petulance has cost him, and, as an added bonus, I hope Eric informs both Brooke and Donna how Rick feels about his mother and his aunt.

Any "adult" would've admitted to their mistakes in the first place.  Caroline didn't do that.  If Myrna hadn't outed her, there's no reason to think she ever would've told her husband.  An "adult" would finally admit that what happened between her and her husband's brother was more than just a simple kiss.  Caroline acting like an adult now (not my opinion) is a day late and a dollar short.  She should've been an adult before she kissed Ridge or at least before Rick found out in front of a table full of family and co-workers.  Myrna never should've been in a position to blindside Rick, just as Caroline wasn't blindsided by what occurred in the steam room (which wasn't even Rick's fault).  

I also don't have a problem with Rick shacking up with Maya because he's said repeatedly that he wants nothing more to do with Caroline (in addition to leaving their home).  If he changes his mind, then Caroline has every right to use his relationship with Maya against him.

I guess I'll be the only one on this island, but I'll keep fighting the good fight.   

Edited by nasir jones
  • Love 4

It's hard to take Maya's declarations of "trust and loyalty" seriously when she, herself, was once guilty of the same thing.  She kissed Carter because she was upset that Rick had to work the night of her premiere.  Had to work at the very same FC where she's showing her ass right now.  And if she'd been "honest and truthful" at that time, things might have been different.

If Maya were smart, she'd be a lot more tactful and less obvious in her manipulations.  Ridge is right, she's going to be left with nothing and no friends because of her attitude and actions.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 8

And since Thorne isn't there to kick around anymore,

Yet the writers still broke up his relationship with plastic woman. Thorne gets kicked around no matter where he is. ;)

Really enjoying TK's exasperated look whenever Maya says something.

They call that a fight scene ?

• Love 3

Please somebody wipe the smug off Maya's face!

Bill ruled today's episode!  Loved his "Yeah, she does that" when Caroline told Bill that Katie walked out on Ridge, and when he said to Ridge "Katie, the woman you're engaged to with the little string on her finger."  Made of awesome :)

• Love 6

It's hard to take Maya's declarations of "trust and loyalty" seriously when she, herself, was once guilty of the same thing.  She kissed Carter because she was upset that Rick had to work the night of her premiere.  Had to work at the very same FC where she's showing her ass right now.  And if she'd been "honest and truthful" at that time, things might have been different.

If Maya were smart, she'd be a lot more tactful and less obvious in her manipulations.  Ridge is right, she's going to be left with nothing and no friends because of her attitude and actions.

Yeah, but she was going to Rick to tell him what happened.  She was on her way to his office, but Caroline just beat her to the punch by 5 minutes.  It's one of the reasons why I don't care about what's happening to Caroline because she did the same thing to Maya.  And at least Maya was planning to tell Rick; we got no such indication that Caroline was going to do that.

But yeah, she should know better than this.  She's been at FC long enough to know that allegiances shift with the wind.  I think this whole story is kind of fascinating, since Maya can do the same things that Caroline's done and she's vilified while Caroline was just being...kooky, or whatever.  I know a lot of it is preference to LG as an actress to Karla Mosley and some of it is the thought that Maya is worse because Rick and Caroline are married, but I can't help but see some of it as a socioeconomic issue, too.  Not necessarily with (all of) the fan reactions, but the character reactions.  I'm sure it's all accidental, but it would be cool if it was explored more.  It's more subtle than it was with Amber, when they just called her trailer trash all of the time.

• Love 4
Really enjoying TK's exasperated look whenever Maya says something.

Hee, it's like, "Heifer, please."

If he changes his mind, then Caroline has every right to use his relationship with Maya against him.

I think she has every right to use it against him now. She didn't sleep with Ridge and despite all the shite Maya talks, no one can produce any proof that they did. Meanwhile, Rick and Maya put their sexual affair right in Caroline's face immediately. Rick is still married, hasn't filed for separation or divorce, and is openly flaunting his adultery--with a FC employee no less. He does not, IMO, have the moral high ground and never will unless Caroline starts mirroring his behavior.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 8

I've said before that I admire Maya's game; my problem is solely with Rick and his douchebaggery. He's petulant and showing his ass in front of others instead of handling his personal business privately. Caroline needs to grab Wyatt and go to some self-respect classes; the public begging for Rick's love isn't exactly covering her in glory either.

• Love 6

I watched a couple of recent episodes. Loved it when Wyatt served Dope a big serving of truth pie, then she saw Liam kissing Ivy. ::insert Nelson laugh from the Simpsons:: Has anyone said to Pencil-Dick Rick that he is the adulterer not Caroline? If not, why not? BTW, little Ricky's haircut is ridiculous. And someone please slap the taste out of Concubine Maya's mouth.

• Love 7

In fairness, when does anyone on the show handle personal business privately?

But it still grates to see it. The show doesn't need another Katie Logan on the show, especially one whose history includes the SAME manipulation Ridge was attempting to use to get to Caroline that indirectly was the reason another ex got killed.

I'm talking about Maya in the steam room.

Truth bombs dropping left and right.

http://youtu.be/KqkdTj4C7O8

This! All of it! I can't believe I find myself on the same side as Ridge...but he's right.

I hope Crazy Maya comes out full force if and when Caroline and Rick reunite. I expected that from her when she first came into town looking for her baby and was sorely disappointed. With KM leaving amd no Hope recast in the immediate future, Quinnsane may be less insane, leaving a hole for Maya--one with a far better setup than just being a 99 cent store knockoff of Stephanie. Don't disappoint me, show!

• Love 2

THIS. Finally. This was the first day that I got totally behind TK as Ridge. As I was watching, for a brief moment I thought about Ronnnnn Mosssss in those scenes and said, "You know what? He couldn't cut it." I had to replay that final scene with TK and DD several times. I thought it was that good.

As much as I despise Maya, I am glad they are giving Karla Mosley more to do (since Bell obviously plans to keep her around as she's lasted this long) than make doe eyes. I think that KM has also stepped up her game as well becaue she's really making me hate on her character.

Another day without Hope?  PRICELESS!!!

• Love 10

As much as I despise Maya, I am glad they are giving Karla Mosley more to do (since Bell obviously plans to keep her around as she's lasted this long) than make doe eyes. I think that KM has also stepped up her game as well becaue she's really making me hate on her character.

Yep, I think she is doing a great job, she's got the bravado down pat, and she's doing some great facial expressions when she gets slapped with how things are going to end up. On a shallow note I've been liking her hair.

The clip above was great, and Ridge said exactly what I've been thinking. Maya's running around telling people off (including Eric wth???), which will backfire big time if things don't work out with Rick.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

The hypocrisy was raining down in sheets yesterday; Bill to Ridge, Maya to Caroline, Rick to Ridge, and it was all so totally awesome. 

This was the first day that I got totally behind TK as Ridge. As I was watching, for a brief moment I thought about Ronnnnn Mosssss in those scenes and said, "You know what? He couldn't cut it." I had to replay that final scene with TK and DD several times. I thought it was that good.

I am right there with you because I was thinking about Ronn too. I don't see how he could have pulled any of those scenes off. TK has a way of being perplexed, and angry, but still coming off level headed. I never thought I would see Ridge as the voice of reason, but damn if he didn't get through to Rick. No doubt Rick won't admit it, and it may be some time before he acts on it, but Ridge hit a nerve yesterday. And that clip upthread. Just wow. I remain amazed at how my feelings have changed for TK, and it is all due to this SL with Linsey Godfrey. Just absolute gold. 

Maya is so confused about what constitutes "being in" and being peripheral. And her smugness and feelings of superiority are gonna cause her fall to be even harder. Having said that, I really need to give Karla Mosley a shout out, cause she is rocking this material. I hate her and what she is doing, but as said above, that means she is doing her job well. I like conniving, manipulating, and lying Maya so much better than doe eyed, innocent, vanilla do gooder Maya.  

And here I was all pumped up for some heated male testosterone, and that was all we got? Hopefully, the real fisticuffs  will ensue today.

I also don't have a problem with Rick shacking up with Maya because he's said repeatedly that he wants nothing more to do with Caroline (in addition to leaving their home).  If he changes his mind, then Caroline has every right to use his relationship with Maya against him.

But that is the issue, because Rick wants everything to do with Caroline. It is his pricky, whiny, pussy little pride that is keeping him from the woman he loves and wants; just like his big brother pointed out yesterday. And that is also adding to my reaction; Rick isn't upset with Caroline, he is upset with Ridge. Once again, in his mind, Ridge has one upped him, and his ego is shattered. Ridge has told him repeatedly to stop punishing Caroline, and to stop using FC's to extract his revenge. But Rick has always been arrogant and entitled and he will continue to be his own worst enemy, and that will end up costing him his CEO spot. Hopefully, Eric will see how immature, and untrustworthy Rick is, and will demote him to an executive spot with no title and no power. 

Outside of that, Rick and Caroline are still legally married. He is engaged in a full blown affair with an employee; a violation of his wedding vows and the law. I don't know if the courts in CA take infidelity into consideration, but Rick is setting himself up for real disaster if they do. And of course Caroline does not have to agree to a divorce, or anything else as the jilted party. And there won't be any denying it as everyone is seeing Rick's behavior. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2

THIS. Finally. This was the first day that I got totally behind TK as Ridge. As I was watching, for a brief moment I thought about Ronnnnn Mosssss in those scenes and said, "You know what? He couldn't cut it." I had to replay that final scene with TK and DD several times. I thought it was that good.

Not me. I still replay the scenes and lines with RM, and this guy, TK, makes me realize RM was better than I thought. TK doesn't have many expressions, but one of them is his thinking face. He looks like he is thinking something. The trouble is, you can't tell what it is because there is nothing behind it, no clue as to an actual thought or reaction. He's not in the moment, he's just acting like he is. I'd bet that when he gets his script he draws little emoticons on it so when it's his turn to speak he knows which of his three looks to do.

Another day without Hope?  PRICELESS!!!

Yes indeed.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 2

ETA: Ooh ooh ooh I forgot about this - spoiler photos of Thanksgiving

place Eric seated between Pam and Donna, with Donna on his right - does this mean that Eric has to say something nice about Donna this year?!?!!? Oh my God.

I can't wait for their Thanksgiving dinner. I hope it's Monday or Tuesday. I could only find that one pic you posted, St3ph. No others. So it looks to me that

Hope is hosting and Eric is at the foot of the table, not the head. Going around the table to Hope's right - $Bill, Katie, Deacon, Caroline, Rick, Charlie, Pam, Eric, Donna, Justin, and from here it is hard to tell - Taylor?, Ridge?, Aly, Ollie?, Wynutt.

Only Hope would invite and seat a Thanksgiving tea party like this.

• Love 2

I can't wait for their Thanksgiving dinner. I hope it's Monday or Tuesday. I could only find that one pic you posted, St3ph. No others. So it looks to me that

Hope is hosting and Eric is at the foot of the table, not the head. Going around the table to Hope's right - $Bill, Katie, Deacon, Caroline, Rick, Charlie, Pam, Eric, Donna, Justin, and from here it is hard to tell - Taylor?, Ridge?, Aly, Ollie?, Wynutt.

Only Hope would invite and seat a Thanksgiving tea party like this.

Didn't she do the same thing last Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Didn't she do the same thing last Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Oh gawd, you mean the Thanksgiving where Hope sat everyone next to someone they couldn't stand and made them say nice things about the person next to them? She, of course, was between Liam and Wyatt... or they were next to each other... whatever, it was Princess seating.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 2

When is Katherine Kelly Lang coming back?  Never thought I would long for the days when it was about Brooke's various triangles.  Can't stand any of the characters right now, all of them could get burnt in a volcano and I wouldn't care.  They are all various degrees of insufferable.  The only one I like is Donna and she gets to make a cameo about once every three weeks.

KKL isn't coming back until January, unfortunately.

While I know this wasn't a real fashion show, I still expected more from the fashions, as I didn't find any of them absolutely gorgeous or revolutionary or masterpieces.  They were just five OK dresses and certainly not the orgasmic kind that Eric kept talking about.  And the supposed showstopper wasn't anything special and wouldn't stop any other show.

I loved the smackdown scenes.  While Bill seemed to be the winner, I was surprised that old Ridge could give a few good wacks.  Now, I want a celebrity smackdown between Rick and Ridge.

• Love 1

Granted it's only been two weeks since Kim Matula announced she was leaving, but I'm wondering when and if they are going to announce a recast.  I'm assuming this was a surprise to Bradley, so I'm wondering if Hope will go away for a bit and come back with a different face.  I saw someone upthread suggest Emma Bell.  Please no.  She's a terrible actress.  She was so awful as Amy during the first season of "The Walking Dead" that I cheered when became a zombie's dinner.  And she was insufferable on "Dallas".

• Love 2
I love everything that TK is bringing to the role--besides the fact that I think he's absolutely gorgeous and that gravelly, Euro-voice is HOT, he has really smart acting nuances in every scene, and I think he and the scripts have raised the game for Lindsay G.

TK is in his wheelhouse now. Anyone who had the pleasure of watching the build up on AMC of the romance between Zach and Kendall would recognize several of his "patented" moves being deployed here. I'm surprised it took B&B this long to let him do his thing. Apparently all that's needed is a young, slightly troubled ingenue and he'll bring it. I'm still not on the Ridge&Caroline bandwagon (mostly because of the age difference) but I can appreciate the heat many see in the little dance they're doing.

Granted it's only been two weeks since Kim Matula announced she was leaving, but I'm wondering when and if they are going to announce a recast.  I'm assuming this was a surprise to Bradley, so I'm wondering if Hope will go away for a bit and come back with a different face.  

She'll probably come back unkempt and have a gravely voice and European accent.

• Love 14

Bill, you caveman, I think the little lady can handle her business with Ridge. Did Caroline ask you to interfere? No? Then step off! It wasn't cool when Ridge decided he needed to rescue Brooke from your wedding and it's not cool when you pull similar crapola with your niece. Women do have their own agency. I can enjoy Bill sometimes, but sometimes he acts so ridiculously macho that it seems like overcompensation or a parody of manliness.

• Love 2

It's official, I have my first girl-crush ever, and it's on Lindsey Godfrey. That girl can do no wrong these days! It's very rare that I feel what an actor feels on-screen, and for the first time ever, I did that on B&B today. When Caroline was nervous to go on stage at the end of the show, I actually felt myself get nervous for her, & I felt proud for her when she received the applause. I didn't like her at all when she first came on, first she was a Hope-clone (gag, one of them is too many), then she was a conniving brat during Rick & Maya part 1, but somewhere along the way, she became this truth-spouting, snarky, fierce woman, who despite all that's going on, is actually remaining totally professional when she's working. I absolutely love her & Ridge dancing around their feelings, and I've said it before, this Ridge/Caroline/Rick triangle is the best story B&B has done since I got back together with it in 2011 (because of Steffy Forrester). Add a snarky, mad, possessive $Bill to the equation, and there is no way the story could go wrong. I agree with the previous poster, B&B is appointment tv for me lately!

• Love 4

hmmmm? Spoiler

Not sure if it's a spoiler, tagged it just in case.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm sorry, I've lost my words! Oh, let this be true! I would be so happy!!!

PS Was so excited I forgot my original intent, which was to say of COURSE Ridge waits until Bill has turned his back and is walking away to attack. He is such a douchebag.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 1

Now that fight was better, although I think Deacon would kick either of their asses.

I can't imagine the Ron Moss version of Ridge admitting he got beat up.

I don't care who lied, kissed, slept with who. The simple fact is Rick is sucking at CEO right now.

Then she should invite Grandma Non Grata to sit next to her.

I love that nickname. 

• Love 2

And so it begins; Rick is now starting to realize what he has done. You keep disrespecting a person, you keep pushing them away, and eventually, they are gonna go. Oh well, can't say Caroline hasn't tried.

Maya is beautiful, but she is not a couture model, and she fails to realize she was only successful because of the gown she was wearing. 

Loved Caroline pulling rank and telling Maya to shut the fuck up.

My heart skipped several beats when Caroline grabbed Ridge and ask him if he was ok. And my head was spinning as she applied ice to his wound and comforted him.

Ridge being selfless. Wow. He wanted Caroline to shine. That is sexy.

I hope Eric fires Rick and appoints Caroline CEO. She is going to be the star designer now, and she has shown that she can maintain her professionalism in the face of others trifling nonsense. Brooke was about Caroline's age when she took over FC's, and she wasn't a designer, but she sure did a bang up job. 

Gloria, please go away and never come back. 

Sweeeet...........

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

She'll probably come back unkempt and have a gravely voice and European accent.

I'd pay good money to watch DB acting opposite that and pretending nothing's changed. 

As for that rumored casting, Lord no.

It doesn't help that I think her current character on GH sucks all the ass and she doesn't do very much to elevate the character to anything other than useless and pathetic, but I just don't see her as Steffy.  The only similarity is they're both brunette.  I don't think she looks the right age, or the right "look" for the character.  And she'd look ridiculously out of place mixing it up with the Wyatt, Liam, Ivy, Aly (and possibly future recast Hope) set.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 1

It's official, I have my first girl-crush ever, and it's on Lindsey Godfrey. That girl can do no wrong these days! It's very rare that I feel what an actor feels on-screen, and for the first time ever, I did that on B&B today. When Caroline was nervous to go on stage at the end of the show, I actually felt myself get nervous for her, & I felt proud for her when she received the applause. I didn't like her at all when she first came on, first she was a Hope-clone (gag, one of them is too many), then she was a conniving brat during Rick & Maya part 1, but somewhere along the way, ...

That "somewhere along the way" was when she fell over the balcony onto a tennis court, on her head. Strange writing choice, but they rebooted the character then.

I loved today when she was all nervous to go out there. It was so genuine. LG is really owning her character. And also, I think she resembles Ann Marg-rock.

• Love 5

During today's live tweeting, Linsey talked about how her hair is fake. I'm assuming she's talking about rocking extensions. Hair/makeup must have found a deal cause Karla came out with some weave today, too. Karla remarked "Ridge looks tired" during the fight, which I thought was some nice shade on behalf of her character.

I think the "somewhere along the way" was when Rafael told Caroline to get her act together. That's when she found a middle ground between the Hope 2.0 and rich bitch personalities.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 2

I saw someone upthread suggest Emma Bell.  Please no.  She's a terrible actress.  She was so awful as Amy during the first season of "The Walking Dead" that I cheered when became a zombie's dinner.  And she was insufferable on "Dallas".

I have to agree with that. I didn't care for Emma Bell on "Dallas." Plus, I think she looks too old to play Hope. Bridget, maybe. She looks more angst-ridden than Ashley Jones did. Remember, Bridget has been through a LOT!!!

Man, I loved seeing Ridge getting the crap beaten out of him.

There are more bombs going off being Maya than on a battlefield. I laughed at the patronizing attitude she took with the other models today. Speaking of modeling, KM looked ridiculous stomping down that 6' runway. The dress didn't help. I thought that one was particularly ugly. The one I liked best was the one from the Caridge drawing board -- the cream-colored dress with the black lace bodice, except I didn't like the drapey thing going across the back of the shoulders. 

"Gloria" can take the next train straight back to Genoa City. What a bitch. Please don't let this be another cross-over romance for Eric.

I can't WAIT for tomorrow. Looks like Eric is going to give Rick the boot!

• Love 2
During today's live tweeting, Linsey talked about how her hair is fake.

Yeah, the hair & makeup failed on her yesterday because those shots of Caroline from behind made it clear that there were extensions in there.

KM looked ridiculous stomping down that 6' runway.

ICAM. She's a cute girl but she doesn't have a runway model's body and doesn't move like one. The model is basically supposed to be a living clothes hanger and not try to outshine the outfit. Plus the dress was definitely no showstopper. It might have stopped traffic like a bad accident though.

I know this show can't come up with it's own original couture but I thought all the dresses were meh. I feel like I've seen all of those dresses before but the show just added a slight variation here and there to make them seem original. They're certainly not good enough to pay tens of thousands of dollars for. But I guess we have to buy into the story that Caroline and Ridge are an AMAZING design team.

"Gloria" can take the next train straight back to Genoa City. What a bitch.

Well, Gloria does have a certain campy edge to her. I thought she was fine but she doesn't really fit on this show. As far as Eric is concerned, she's way out of his preferred age range by several decades so I don't think there's any danger of a long-distance romance.

• Love 2

Apologies if this has been covered before and I missed it, but as I was washing my hands today for the fourth time, I thought of Katie and that stupid string-ring. Does she actually take that thing off each time she goes to the ladies room? And then retie the damn thing again after washing her hands? Have you ever tried retying a neat bow on your finger?! And if she doesn't take it off when she washes her hands or showers, then she's walking around with a wet, clammy ribbon on her hand every day? I know I'm overthinking it, but that string bugs the crap out of me

I guess I overthink it as well! I assumed she kept the thing tied and just slipped it off her finger like a regular ring.  Because you are right, it would not be possible to tie it every single time she washes her hands/showers. 

I guess I overthink it as well! I assumed she kept the thing tied and just slipped it off her finger like a regular ring.  Because you are right, it would not be possible to tie it every single time she washes her hands/showers. 

Nope.  When Ridge told her that he kissed Caroline, she went on this whole rant about how she wakes up every morning and ties the ribbon on her finger because it means the world to her.

• Love 1