Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Thing is, Ridge has always had age-appropriate relationships, the Bridget thing aside. That puts Ronn Moss ahead of infamous leeches like Eric Braedan IMO. And that is a big thing, since so many show love pairing off all their older male characters to young hot things, like that fuddy duddy Kneel on Y&R. Eric fills that, but by this point it's a character trait of his, for better or worse.

As for Bill, I too miss the edge he once had. The Dare fiasco blasting he gave Eric and Ridge and the Logans will never not be awesome, and I'd give my right arm to find a good English clip of that on Youtube and not the Polish monotone dub.

• Love 2

If we all think this show is bad and boring now, what's it going to be like for the next two months while KKL is off to Italy to star in their version of Dancing with the Stars?  The reason they're giving in order to give her the time off is that she needs to go to Forrester Europe to clear her mind of all the stuff that's going on.  Is that stupid or what?  What mind does she have to clear?  And now, considering that we've all been complaining about this show being nothing but Wingnutt, Dope and Lame, it's going to be even more of the same with all stories about Brooke being on hold to give KKL the opportunity to do something outside the show.  Seriously, she must have some major clout to get so much time off to do her personal stuff, starting with the marathon in UAE and now this.  Silly, imho.

If we all think this show is bad and boring now, what's it going to be like for the next two months while KKL is off to Italy to star in their version of Dancing with the Stars? The reason they're giving in order to give her the time off is that she needs to go to Forrester Europe to clear her mind of all the stuff that's going on. Is that stupid or what? What mind does she have to clear? And now, considering that we've all been complaining about this show being nothing but Wingnutt, Dope and Lame, it's going to be even more of the same with all stories about Brooke being on hold to give KKL the opportunity to do something outside the show. Seriously, she must have some major clout to get so much time off to do her personal stuff, starting with the marathon in UAE and now this. Silly, imho.

In her defense, this is a fairly recent thing for KKL to get time off like this, IIRC. When the show is written like it's Groundhog's Day, she's well entitled to leave IMHO.

I can't believe there is ever any choice between Bill and Deacon. Even if Brooke was ever in love with him and able to push aside the damage with Bridget, she would've dropped his ass before Taylor's wax body double got cold to hop on Ridge's disco stick, like she's done with every other relationship ever except this one with Bill.

• Love 1
Ridge was grieving while figuring how to raise his 3 grieving kids​

Wait, Ridge has three kids???  Admittedly, I've only been watching 6 months or so, but I have no idea who they are.  That's pretty hilarious.  Wait - is one of them RJ?  Seems like I've heard them talk about him, but have never seen him.  I suppose the good side of my ignorance of history/ relationships on this show is that I'm not at all bothered by the Ridge/ Caroline thing.  In fact, I kind of think they're doing a good job developing that story.  

I remain completely confused about why either Liam or Wyatt even wants to be with Hope.  One, she is so annoying.  Two, no matter who she is with at the moment, he'll always have to wonder if she's about to change her mind and go back to the other one.  Why would anyone want to live like that?

• Love 7

Hi! Ridge has three older kids from his marriages to Taylor. There were two girls (first identical twins, then retconned to fraternal) Phoebe and Steffy. I'm sure you've seen, heard and read references to Steffy, who was married to Liam and in another triangle with Hope and him.

Steffy's sister, Phoebe, was killed off several years ago in a car accident.

The third child, the oldest, is Thomas. He used to be a regular on the show, so now they have him (as well as Steffy) shipped off to Paris.

At that point, Ridge had 3 young children with Taylor -- Thomas, and identical turned fraternal twins, Phoebe and Steffy. Since then, RJ was born and Phoebe died. Steffy moved to Paris over a year ago (but she's still in the opening credits) and Thomas disappeared about a year ago -- who knows where he is, though. They mentioned both of them when Ridge got dumped into the gulf; Eric said that they were going to come back to visit, but we never saw that materialize.

. and I'd give my right arm

Anna Yolei I hope that's not your drawin' arm! We need some couture up in here like yesterday. The Ridge and Caro think is skeeving me out big time. But I do want to see a spectacular 4 dress fashion show that does NOT feature all Hope at all times in all of the outfits. She can take all of the seats and be quiet for a while. While grown folks conduct business. And by grown folks I don't mean Deacon fake pining over Brooke. No amount of flashback fuckery is ever going to make it anything but stomach churning. Hey Ivy...there's Carter, right over there. Sexy and single and not on the Hopeless tilt a whirl! Maya and Charlie need to team up listening at doors, hiding behind potted plants, calling in international favors while running an underground PI firm in the Forester Creations basement. Edited by smartyshorts
  • Love 7

... with all stories about Brooke being on hold to give KKL the opportunity to do something outside the show.  Seriously, she must have some major clout to get so much time off to do her personal stuff, starting with the marathon in UAE and now this.  Silly, imho.

I see it as free advertising for the show and I'd bet the sponsors are happy about it, too.

• Love 1

They seem to think by slicing and dicing the old Brooke/Deacon footage that we will remember them as star crossed lovers who were never given a fair chance. PFFFFT! You could chop that shit in a Vegamatic, a Bullet, or a Ninja and it will remain exactly what it was all those years ago; a Lustmance of the first order. What on God's green earth has convinced Deacon he deserves a second shot with Brooke, when he never had a first shot? And, why or why, is Brooke even entertaining this crap? Those spoilers give me hope that if nothing else, they are putting any ideas about Brooke and Deacon to rest.

I have to give Maya some credit; she saw the weakest link and pounced, achieving her desired results. The Beribboned One couldn't get to Ridgepen quick enough to pee on his leg and remark her territory in front of Caroline, who seemed oblivious to everything but what she and Ridgepen were creating. I agree that Ridgepen is far more animated and has said more to Caroline in their newly formed alliance than he has to just about anyone since his return from Paris. It will be odd to see a Ridge triangle that doesn't include Brooke, but I am on board for that; the further they keep those two apart the better.

• Love 5

Ugh, it looks like they may be going for Ridge/Caroline pairing, to me looking like father and daugher. But as most have said, that's the most chemistry Ive seen him display since he's been on board. Don't think he would have any chem with Taylor if she were to come back because i think between his large nose and her big lips, they wouldn't be able to find each others face!!!

• Love 5

They seem to think by slicing and dicing the old Brooke/Deacon footage that we will remember them as star crossed lovers who were never given a fair chance. PFFFFT! You could chop that shit in a Vegamatic, a Bullet, or a Ninja and it will remain exactly what it was all those years ago; a Lustmance of the first order. What on God's green earth has convinced Deacon he deserves a second shot with Brooke, when he never had a first shot? And, why or why, is Brooke even entertaining this crap? Those spoilers give me hope that if nothing else, they are putting any ideas about Brooke and Deacon to rest.

I have to give Maya some credit; she saw the weakest link and pounced, achieving her desired results. The Beribboned One couldn't get to Ridgepen quick enough to pee on his leg and remark her territory in front of Caroline, who seemed oblivious to everything but what she and Ridgepen were creating. I agree that Ridgepen is far more animated and has said more to Caroline in their newly formed alliance than he has to just about anyone since his return from Paris. It will be odd to see a Ridge triangle that doesn't include Brooke, but I am on board for that; the further they keep those two apart the better.

I realize that the rags have to hype up nonsense based on what the show runners give them, but this was beyond ridiculous.  Deacon is actually a choice now and Brooke is "forced" to make a decision between him and Bill?  Seriously?!  I must have fallen asleep or been smacked upside the head with a stupid stick because I'm trying to figure out exactly when and how that happened.  A baby-daddy steps into the picture after being absent and uninvolved for years, has a few "bonding" moments over a grown daughter he didn't raise, and now he's a choice?  For marriage?  Don't even get me started on the pregnancy flashbacks.  Do TIIC not remember that Brooke's pregnancy with Hope was nothing to celebrate?  The only one who was happy about it was Deacon!  Splicing Brooke's angst and, most importantly, Bridget, out of this rosy picture depends on the audience having selective amnesia.  It's also infuriating when the soap rags, through interviews with SK, incredibly claim that it's Deacon's desire to have his family "together again" and that Brooke is "torn" between her "feelings for Bill and Deacon."  When the fuck did she develop "feelings" for Deacon?  It's like we're living in Bizarro World or something.  I know TIIC have to do something to accommodate KKL's temporary departure, but why must they continually insult the audience's intelligence?

The last time I saw Ridge in a triangle that didn't involve Brooke, it was with Taylor and Morgan.  That mess devolved into all kinds of nonsense, including 70's flashbacks of RM in a funky wig (with a ponytail!), Blondie's Heart of Glass playing in the background, and a young Morgan, who was said to have been a teenager when Ridge impregnated her.  I remember reading at the time that RM was none to happy about the storyline because it made Ridge "the laughingstock of daytime."   I also suspect he was none too happy because Throoke had taken off like wildfire while he was stuck in a potboiler.  That foolishness didn't get interesting for me until Stephanie was inserted and came bearing the gift of a pot of tea doctored with a banned abortifacient she procured from Bill Spencer, Sr.  The added bonus was Bill's well-timed quips about Stephanie rushing in yet again to clean up Ridge's semen spills.  Hopefully, there won't be any "misunderstandings" where Ridge honestly believes his insecure financee sends him an email directing him to impregnate Caroline because she just happens to be ovulating NOW!

• Love 5
What on God's green earth has convinced Deacon he deserves a second shot with Brooke, when he never had a first shot?

What's bugging me the most about it is that the guy doesn't have a job or any apparent source of income, legal or illegal. He's couch-surfing at Quinn's, for crying out loud. I don't understand how he gets around LA with no money and no transportation. He drops in on Brooke or Wyatt at any old time like he's just living the life of leisure. How hard would it be for the show to give us a line which explains how he affords to live? If Brooke gets back with that deadbeat my head will explode. She can do so much better than some guy who's one step away from sleeping in a homeless shelter.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

They seem to think by slicing and dicing the old Brooke/Deacon footage that we will remember them as star crossed lovers who were never given a fair chance. PFFFFT!

As retcons go, this one I don't mind too much.  I wasn't around for it originally and they do have a kid and we all tend to romanticize stuff that happened along time ago.  And the flashbacks are a nice change from ones that happened a week ago or even the day before.  :-)  That said, even without knowing the history, it felt like the show was stalling and Deacon/Brooke just filler. 

What's bugging me the most about it is that the guy doesn't have a job or any apparent source of income, legal or illegal. He's couch-surfing at Quinn's, for crying out loud. I don't understand how he gets around LA with no money and no transportation.

Which is why Bill wins the day when he said that he could help Deacon out with some bus money.

I remember when I was trying to figure out how Maya was getting around last year between the Room8 set and Forrester Creations. Like…I'm pretty sure that FC isn't on the bus line. But Rick confirmed that she was taking the bus back and forth when one day he told her to take his car instead of the bus because he was giving her a dress. Like, why was he letting her take the bus in the first place?

Edited by kia112
  • Love 1

Brooke, you are my girl, but you are seriously concerned whether Will will call you "aunt" or "stepmother"?  Just HOW long have you been in this family???  Because you should know by now, combination aunt-stepmother-sister-(and so on) is the norm around there!

• Love 3

Did Deacon ever have a career on this show? He went from trying to use Amber and Bridget and little Eric to milk money from the Forresters to marrying Macy, then getting with Jackie. I think he worked with her at Jackie M, but I had just started college then, and wasn't following very closely. Suffice it to say Brooke circa 1987 would've been well outta Deacon's league, much less the CEO of successful fashion couture house.

Watching this week reminds me of a line frpm last week's Scandal when Fitz swears he won't cheat and Cyrus rolls his eyes and says "we've seen this movie play out a thousand times. We know how it ends." His own wife didn't even have the energy left to be mad anymore. That's kinda what I feel like watching Brooke's decisions about most things in her life. Do TIIC think thisis still a story she shpuld have? Let's say the show is still on the air 25 years from now--does anyone want to watch a great-grandmother* act like a teenager? Can anyone imagine Jeanne Cooper of Susan Flannery or the actress that played Lucinda Walsh on ATWT like that? And yet, I don't think Bradley will ever let Peter Pan leave Neverland.

*which with SORASing of Hope's spawn, she probably will be.

• Love 1

Wait, so is Eric going to be in every show this week? Oh my God.

This "person" Brooke is talking about at the end of today's show - does anyone else get the impression she's talking about Stephanie? Both she and Eric were judged harshly by Stephanie on the life choices they made (consequences of Stephanie's actions, ironically), so it makes sense to me that Brooke would want to talk to Eric about that. I'm glad at least that TPTB are using KKL & JMC, the last two standing, in this kind of sound-boarding, friendly, easy relationship, and taking advantage of the 25 years between the actors and feeding that into the characters. It's just a shame that Brooke is again lamenting the fact that being involved with her brother-in-law is a Bad Idea when it wasn't too long ago that that didn't seem to matter...

Seriously, she must have some major clout to get so much time off to do her personal stuff, starting with the marathon in UAE and now this.

I read somewhere that KKL is between contracts, and that she decided to take some time off before resigning - but I can't remember where I read that to know if it's true or rumour. I say good on her - are our lives always about work? I don't know what the employment entitlements are like in the States, but Down Under we get Long Service Leave if we have worked in the same position for 10 years or more, so I see KKL's break as akin to LSL.

Ridge's disco stick

*shudder*

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 1

I don't know what the employment entitlements are like in the States, but Down Under we get Long Service Leave if we have worked in the same position for 10 years or more, so I see KKL's break as akin to LSL.

In short: no, we don't. Even paternity leave is a bit of a new thing outside of the military in most companies. But I agree KKL has not only paid her dues, but rarely does she complain about the stories given to her. She mentioned that she didn't want another round of Bricky because of the history with Bridget but besides that, I've never heard of diva behavior from her.

Brooke, you are my girl, but you are seriously concerned whether Will will call you "aunt" or "stepmother"? Just HOW long have you been in this family??? Because you should know by now, combination aunt-stepmother-sister-(and so on) is the norm around there!

I know, right? She wasn't too concern about that when she got knocked up with Princess Hope or when Bridget was preggers with Nicole. That ship has sailed a looooooong time ago and is sitting up as a museum. Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

Good Lord! Please don't tell me that at the end of today's show, they were dropping hints that Brooke now has resurfaced feelings for Eric.

Even more confounding -- is Katie having second thoughts about Bill?

I thought Donna looked absolutely gorgeous today. I loved that green dress and the way her hair was styled.

• Love 3

Long time lurker...

I do agree with the previous comments about Brooke being concerned whether Will will call her 'Aunt' or 'Stepmom' being laughable considering all the familial spousal exchanges, including Rick being the uncle (paternal by being Ridge's brother) to RJ as well as the brother (maternal by being Brooke's son). However, I couldn't help but see a spark with Brooke and Eric and thought I wouldn't mind seeing them together again. This could also have the added bonus of getting Eric et al to stop going on about his great love story with Stephanie. Say what you will about her actions, but Eric left her time and again for a younger, and probably, trophy wife (Brooke more than once, Sheila, Lauren, Donna - I'm probably forgetting someone).

I also thought Katie was looking longingly at Bill for what she threw away. They are not my favorite couple, but I wouldn't mind seeing them find their way back to each other.

Both options are more watchable than Hope and Wyatt or Hope and Liam (neither of which, to me, have a real love story).

• Love 5

Bill and Deacon are looking as pathetic as Liam and Wyatt. Brooke is doing a fair imitation of Sad Waffles.  I did get the vibe that she was thinking about Eric and I'd love that but Dollar Store Bill is on the hunt and won't stop till Brooke marries him or someone else.  Katie doesn't have a prayer of getting back with him till that happens if she even wants to do so.

This is much more watchable than the Dope Mess.

• Love 5

Outside of Bill/Liam, Brooke and Eric have always been my favorite couple. For a show that has never gone in for friendships; these two have remained close, have supported each other, and have steadfastly been there for each other for over twenty years. They always manage to keep it real, and yesterday's conversation was no exception. So who does Brooke have unfinished business with? She has ruled out Ridge, Bill and Deacon (thank the Lord!), so my thoughts are Thorne, Eric or maybe herself. In any event, I hope they are going to do something with the character that will finally settle her down; this could be something as simple as Brooke takes a break from LA and uses that time to think about her future.

They are certainly circling the wagons and prepping some SLs for KKL's departure though. For me, this explains Maya's out of the blue moves on Rick, this odd partnership between Caroline and Ridge, Katie giving Bill those longing looks; they had to come up with something to fill in the gaps. My fondest wish is that they keep them coming; anything that will keep H/L/W off the radar works for me.

I busted out laughing yesterday when Quinn said she had forgotten how "starchy" and "self righteous" Hope is. As warped as she is, Quinn certainly gets it right; maybe we need to have more Quinterventions.

Poor Katie is already smelling the coffee, while eating that delicious crow pie. It wasn't as if big sis didn't try to warn her, but Katie just knew that her and Ridge's transcendent love was more than anything Ridge had ever experienced, and gave her a leg up on the woman he has loved for over twenty years. Sometimes life's lessons are hard, and painful, and when it comes to Ridge Katie is now seeing the person he loves most is himself. The odd thing is, that Katie already knew this, she has been around Ridge her whole life and has seen how he has conducted his business. But she has chosen to believe what she see's behind those rose colored glasses. I will be disappointed if Katie and Bill reunite; Brooke and Bill are such a dynamic couple, it will be hard to see Bill go back to his nanny and have to start living by her rules again.

I also busted out laughing when Deacon said to Quinn that "Brooke isn't a witch and you are". And Quinn, showing a little bit of humanness there. However, people have been trying to tell her from the beginning that men do not get over Brooke, and that she should hang up any hopes she has of her and Bill becoming an item. That appears even less likely now with Katie sniffing around Bill again.

Donna looked smashing yesterday, as did Quinn in that red. Eric looked much better than the last time we saw him too.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

I thought Donna looked absolutely gorgeous today. I loved that green dress and the way her hair was styled.

I agree, she looked fabulous & green is so flattering on her.  As long as I am being shallow, I hope Rena Sofer keeps her hair the length it is, I think she looks fabulous as well.  Actually, truth be told, I find looking at hair/makeup/clothing a lot more interesting than the actual show.  Now it's looking like Katie wants Bill back?  Where is THAT coming from???

• Love 2

I busted out laughing yesterday when Quinn said she had forgotten how "starchy" and "self righteous" Hope is. As warped as she is, Quinn certainly gets it right; maybe we need to have more Quinterventions.

Quinn and Bill are the only ones who see Hope's flaws.  Everyone else in LA is blinded.

• Love 1

Now it's looking like Katie wants Bill back?  Where is THAT coming from???

Looks like they might be moving her away from Ridge. That's two down for TK. I wonder when TPTB are going to give up? I can't see a pairing between Ridge and Caroline being anything but the completion of a trifecta of fail. But I at least wanted to see Ridge and Katie stay together long enough for him to give her an actual engagement ring. I can't stand the thought that she might let him off the hook for that insulting piece of string.

anything that will keep H/L/W off the radar works for me.

Meet too. IMO, none of those actors are strong enough to sustain a front-burner storyline for more than a week, either separately or as a group.

• Love 1

Now it's looking like Katie wants Bill back? Where is THAT coming from???

With her history of running away without trying to fix anything then coming back, it's not a surprise. I'm surprised it took this long for her to find her way back to him. She should be done with him, but then men on this show get a pass for far worse.

Yesterday might be one of my favorite episodes so far!  First, any day with little to no Hope, Wyatt, and Liam mess is a good day.  And I love Deacon and Quinn together.  They're both such hot messes, but they have a pretty good read on people, and the snark from them is amusing.  And for reasons I cannot explain, I adore the way Deacon just keeps popping up everywhere randomly, bothering everyone, and then popping back out.  

I have no idea what is going on with Brooke!  At first when she was saying she had unfinished business to work out, it seemed like she was talking about herself, and I thought of all of you, asking why she can't be single for a while - it seemed like that was where they were headed with the conversation, and I thought it was a great idea.  But then it suddenly turned like she was talking about Erik?  That was weird and out of the blue.

Can't help it - Bill is my favorite.  He's a total jerk, but in a way that I find endearing.

• Love 2

I have no idea what is going on with Brooke!  At first when she was saying she had unfinished business to work out, it seemed like she was talking about herself, and I thought of all of you, asking why she can't be single for a while - it seemed like that was where they were headed with the conversation, and I thought it was a great idea.  

Even Eric pointed out that not marrying anybody was an option.  I do wish they would go that route at least for a little while, but I'm sure that will never happen.

Bill and Quinn do a lot of name-calling so much it veers from snarky straight to juvenile. Once, or even twice and you've made your point. It gets tiresome to hear. It is coming across to me as desperate and not amusing.  IMO

That's it!  You hit the nail on the head as to why I can't stand those two together.

• Love 2
Bill and Quinn do a lot of name-calling so much it veers from snarky straight to juvenile. Once, or even twice and you've made your point. It gets tiresome to hear. It is coming across to me as desperate and not amusing.  IMO

Did you mean Deacon?  Either way, it's a good point.  I guess I don't mind it too much because so many of these other characters spend so much time talking about how awesome certain characters are that I feel like a little juvenile name-calling sort of balances it out.  And I think Bill and Quinn and Deacon are *all* desperate!  But I totally get why others might not find it as amusing as I do.  

Some random thoughts.

Not sure how I feel about the possible Quinn-Con (De'Quinn?) hookup that seems to be coming. I think both of them are -- at least in the moment we saw -- playing "love the one you're with". If it goes forward it might be a hot steamy sexy mess -- but fun. Or it might just be a hot mess. RS and SK can both bring it to their scenes  -- so overall I'm intrigued by this.

Love, love, loving JMC on my screen. That scene with Brooke discussing love, life, passion and their shared past was pure gold. More JMC please.

Is it just me or did a big ol' anvil fall when Quinnsane told Wynutt that she wouldn't tolerate any one trying to keep them apart? Spoilers say Hope and she will have it out over just that. Hope wants the Q to stay away from Wynutt -- and I guess by extension Hope and the baby.

Pure spec here -- but I can see Q turning on a dime and going after Hope -- maybe to be extent of trying to terrorize/ kill her. Quinnsane is obsessed with Wynutt getting everything his heart desires -- but more than that she obsessed with her son and their relationship.  She wants him to have Hope -- but not if his marriage comes between them. Ultimately I think she if she had to choose between Wynutt's happiness and keeping him by her side she'd do the latter.

In that respect I think Quinnsane is way more possessive/obsessive than SF ever was. You understood, even if you thought it was OTT, why SF was the way she was with Ridge. Q-sane so far is just OTT. Give us a little backstory Show to explain Q's obsessive/ possessive behavior to her son..

• Love 4

Long time lurker...

I do agree with the previous comments about Brooke being concerned whether Will will call her 'Aunt' or 'Stepmom' being laughable considering all the familial spousal exchanges, including Rick being the uncle (paternal by being Ridge's brother) to RJ as well as the brother (maternal by being Brooke's son). However, I couldn't help but see a spark with Brooke and Eric and thought I wouldn't mind seeing them together again. This could also have the added bonus of getting Eric et al to stop going on about his great love story with Stephanie. Say what you will about her actions, but Eric left her time and again for a younger, and probably, trophy wife (Brooke more than once, Sheila, Lauren, Donna - I'm probably forgetting someone).

I also thought Katie was looking longingly at Bill for what she threw away. They are not my favorite couple, but I wouldn't mind seeing them find their way back to each other.

Both options are more watchable than Hope and Wyatt or Hope and Liam (neither of which, to me, have a real love story).

I imagine that Kelly, Don and Heather looked at their scripts and sighed, "Not this shit again!  Didn't we go through this storyline already?"  Is it yet another variation of the same theme just to accommodate KKL's departure (well earned as far as I'm concerned)?  The only difference is that this time Bradley & Co. won't be horning in on KKL's remote location to film a storyline that basically goes no where once Brooke returns to the States.  I guess I should be relieved that Bill won't be chasing Brooke to Italy only to get turned down yet again.  The writers need to either shit or get off the pot where Brill is concerned.  It's very telling that Brooke is concerned about Will calling her Auntie or Stepmommy, which is downright ridiculous at this point; yet, Katie has repeatedly demonstrated that neither she nor Ridge have any of those concerns when it comes to the plot device known as RJ.  But, of course, they've done nothing wrong, according to them, so they have nothing to be sorry for.  So, I guess Brooke is going to "give" Bill back to Katie so they have a chance to be a family again with Will.  Again--we've been here before.

It may seem that Katie is, indeed, having buyer's remorse.  But Ridge was a known quantity and she knew how he rolled.  She's had a front row seat to his fuckery and selfishness for years.  But, she preferred to think her cookies were superior to Brooke's and that lurvvvv was so ethereal and that the fates conspired to put them together.  Maybe now Katie will finally get it that the reason her so-called man hasn't replaced that silly string with some bling is because he will always find a way to have two women fighting over him.  I have to wonder about those longing looks at Bill.  So, am I to surmise then that the man that Katie reviled and whom she repeatedly said wasn't shit and wasn't fit to be around Will is suddenly looking good to her now?  Yeah, right.  Bill looks good now, but that's until he has a double malt scotch at his desk in the middle of the day or she remembers that there was a reason she decided he wasn't good enough for her.  I sincerely hope the writers don't go there again just because the relationship they invested in--Kringe--is DOA.  I never want to see Batie together again.  Just let them agree to be friends and to always be there as co-parents and leave it at that.

That's why I enjoy Brooke and Eric so much.  They just work so much better together as friends, with a heavy dose of love and affection thrown in.  They will always be bound together because of their children but I don't want to see them together as a romantic pairing.  Brooke still has a whole lot of living to do and isn't quite ready to be relegated to just being a supportive voice to fix her children and siblings' problems while she has no life of her own.

• Love 2
Even Eric pointed out that not marrying anybody was an option.  I do wish they would go that route at least for a little while, but I'm sure that will never happen.

This show has given me the impression that there is some kind of law in L.A. limiting the length of time you can remain unmarried.  

Why do I have the feeling that the Ridge/Caroline mess is just a way to spend time clearing away the Ridge/Katie relationship while KKL is gone, and then they plan on re-uniting Brooke/Ridge when she returns? 

• Love 5

I have no problem with Brooke rethinking marrying Bill because of the family dynamics.  Just because people in the same situation aren't examining themselves doesn't mean Brooke shouldn't.  It's never too late to stop acting foul.

Little Zane was putting his heart into his scenes today.  "Miss!"  And when he was rolling around on the ground, "choking," it made me laugh so hard.  I wonder what they did to get him to do that.  Like, did they just tell him to roll around or was he rolling around, they happened to catch it and they said, "That'll do."

• Love 2

This show has given me the impression that there is some kind of law in L.A. limiting the length of time you can remain unmarried.  

Why do I have the feeling that the Ridge/Caroline mess is just a way to spend time clearing away the Ridge/Katie relationship while KKL is gone, and then they plan on re-uniting Brooke/Ridge when she returns? 

Lord, I hope not!  That would cause me to tune out for good.  The thought of Brooke subjugating herself to that jackass, putting herself down so he can feel superior and just breathing in his fumes is enough to break me out into hives!

• Love 1

Lord, I hope not!  That would cause me to tune out for good.  The thought of Brooke subjugating herself to that jackass, putting herself down so he can feel superior and just breathing in his fumes is enough to break me out into hives!

Agreed.  I don't want to see it at this point.  I can't imagine how much groveling to Brooke I'd need him to do to get to the point where I wasn't pissed off that she took him back.  And I actually thought KKL and TK had chemistry in those initial scenes, but his attitude towards her ruined that for me.  I say let her be with Bill and let Katie be stuck with her "win."  

• Love 1

Flashback-palooza!!  My goodness, those were epic flashbacks even for this flashback-heavy show.

Why is Brooke suddenly thinking that Katie might want to be with Bill?  I thought, as far as anyone was admitting, Katie was totally happy and thrilled and forever-in-love with Ridge?  Admittedly, I don't pay that much attention.

My guess is this choking baby situation is going to bring Bill and Katie together.  Deacon will be with Quinn and Ridge will do whatever he's doing with Caroline, so all of Brooke's men will be okay without her, and she'll go on an Eat, Pray, Love mission.

• Love 1

I actually woke up all excited about today's episode because I knew we were going to continue on with Brooke & Eric, it was like waking up on Christmas morning. Last night I got a reply tweet from Katherine Kelly Lang herself (!!) which was pretty cool; she said she wishes she had more scenes with JMC. Can't say I blame her.

Outside of Bill/Liam, Brooke and Eric have always been my favorite couple. For a show that has never gone in for friendships; these two have remained close, have supported each other, and have steadfastly been there for each other for over twenty years. They always manage to keep it real, and yesterday's conversation was no exception.

When they say things like "we've known each other for over 20 years" I can't help but think they (the actors) are talking about themselves as they play their characters - same vibe from JMC & Susan Flannery when Stephanie was kicking the bucket, there was a lot of dialogue like "I hate that you're leaving me", etc. Which is not a criticism; I think it makes those scenes better, and that's what makes them feel real.
Flashback-palooza!!  My goodness, those were epic flashbacks even for this flashback-heavy show.

Tell me about it! I was not expecting the 1991 balloon ride to pop up like that and I'm so glad they had Eric make a joke out of it. That's how you do a flashback, show.
Love, love, loving JMC on my screen. That scene with Brooke discussing love, life, passion and their shared past was pure gold. More JMC please.

La di Diva, this is my face right now reading your post.
Little Zane was putting his heart into his scenes today.  "Miss!"  And when he was rolling around on the ground, "choking," it made me laugh so hard.  I wonder what they did to get him to do that.  Like, did they just tell him to roll around or was he rolling around, they happened to catch it and they said, "That'll do."

Zane was fantastic, he's such a little scene stealer! Those "Miss" interjections were so cute. And that "Mine, mine!" thing he did when HT took the coin from him, so adorable. He'll be 2 at the end of October, how crazy is that?! It's possible they told him to roll around on the floor for them, he was definitely told to take the coin from the table.

Also, how does one get a ticket to ride the Don Diamont Tickle Machine???

Back to the Dope Show tomorrow by the looks of things. Sigh.

• Love 4

I have no idea what is going on with Brooke!  At first when she was saying she had unfinished business to work out, it seemed like she was talking about herself,

She realized she doesn't know any 'pomes' or how to pilot a helicopter.

• Love 2

She realized she doesn't know any 'pomes' or how to pilot a helicopter.

Hahaha!

It would be nice to have a well rounded Brooke that doesn't need defining by a man in three months. But that's as likely as a cold day in Hell.

• Love 3

Oh my, that raggedy red ribbon of love is still on Katie's finger.  As I posted, I don't know, weeks/months ago, Ridge could certainly commission a ruby red ring with a bow style to replace it, but no, he has the woman he supposedly loves still walking around wearing a dirty old ribbon. Why is everyone not laughing out loud, or at least whispering and pointing?  Why isn't Katie ripping it off her finger and leaving it in the toilet for him to see how much she thinks of it?

• Love 2

Just color me shocked at how well Quinn and Deacon fit together. I didn't think I would be on board for these two, but to my surprise they wrote those scenes well and it worked. The dialog was spot on; sappy would never work for Quinn. I find myself actually looking forward to this pairing; and it will keep Deacon far away from Brooke. 

Is there any doubt that Katie and Bill are going to reunite? I think if Ridgepen was really interested in marrying Katie, he would have at least replaced the Red Ribbon of Commitment by now. It is clear the show realizes they missed the mark with this pairing, and have been biding their time trying to figure out who to "field test" TK with, and they did get lucky with LG, because Caroline and Ridge do have a little somethin, somethin going on. Still, Katie's hypocrisy grates. So, if Brooke and Bill were to wed, she would be all filled up with worry and doubt about how that would effect Will. Hmmm...seems like the last time I checked there was another young child involved in this equation. RJ is certainly not a toddler, and I think it would be harder for him, because he isn't too young to understand. But who cares about him right? That is Brooke's son, and not worth worrying about. 

Oh, what a sweet and unexpected surprise! I can never get enough of old Brooke and Eric footage; I was gaga about them the first time around and wish they had stayed together. And keeping with tradition, that was a great conversation between the characters. My fondest hope is that Brooke returns, and wants to focus on business, and maybe even Eric. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think we are heading toward something like that, particularly with Eric talking about Brooke being the Matriarch of the family, and Brooke bringing up Stephanie. I will be beyond consolation if Brooke returns and wants to build a new Bridge. I would rather see her stay off the canvas than revisit that worn out relationship. 

• Love 2
When they say things like "we've known each other for over 20 years" I can't help but think they (the actors) are talking about themselves as they play their characters

Before they started SORASing characters timelines were sacred.  There were many years of Stephanie saying "For seven (or whatever number was applicable) years you've been ...."  No other show did that, it added a sense of credibility to an incredible medium.

• Love 4

This show hosts some of the worst SORAS ing I've seen....like the first time the Tridge spawn were aged, and not Hope (who was only three years younger than the now teenaged twins). And Erica Lovejoy, who went from a toddler that Amber babysat before she watched Rick and Bridget in 1998 to a 20-something seducing Rick four (!) years later.

• Love 2

Still, Katie's hypocrisy grates. So, if Brooke and Bill were to wed, she would be all filled up with worry and doubt about how that would effect Will. Hmmm...seems like the last time I checked there was another young child involved in this equation. RJ is certainly not a toddler, and I think it would be harder for him, because he isn't too young to understand. But who cares about him right? That is Brooke's son, and not worth worrying about.

I was half paying attention/FF, so I could be wrong, but I thought Katie just said that she wouldn't like it, not that it would negatively affect her son.  Brooke was the one worried about the effects on Will.  In neither case were people talking about RJ.

And Erica Lovejoy, who went from a toddler that Amber babysat before she watched Rick and Bridget in 1998 to a 20-something seducing Rick four (!) years later.

Oh, it was four?  That's better than I thought.  I seriously thought it was one year.

• Love 1

Is there any doubt that Katie and Bill are going to reunite? I think if Ridgepen was really interested in marrying Katie, he would have at least replaced the Red Ribbon of Commitment by now. It is clear the show realizes they missed the mark with this pairing, and have been biding their time trying to figure out who to "field test" TK with, and they did get lucky with LG, because Caroline and Ridge do have a little somethin, somethin going on. Still, Katie's hypocrisy grates. So, if Brooke and Bill were to wed, she would be all filled up with worry and doubt about how that would effect Will. Hmmm...seems like the last time I checked there was another young child involved in this equation. RJ is certainly not a toddler, and I think it would be harder for him, because he isn't too young to understand. But who cares about him right? That is Brooke's son, and not worth worrying about. 

If a Batie reunion is the direction in which Brad Bell is headed, he can kiss what I twist--and I don't mean my wrist.  Let me see if I got this straight.  They chose to recast Ridge with an actor who not only has commuting issues but who also has virtually no chemistry with anyone on canvas.  They chose to cater to Heather Tom, who reportedly wanted Batie to end and wanted a leading man of her own.  They chose to hook up Ridge and Katie, which any idiot could have told them was improbable.  Yet they went full steam ahead anyway because on paper they looked great especially with powerhouses Thornston and Heather playing the parts.  They heavily invested in this nonsense by promoting them as star-crossed lovers with many obstacles to overcome.  Now, they finally wake up and realize that the shit isn't working and just like that, we're supposed to ignore what played out on our screens for the last 2 and a half years between Brooke, Bill and Katie.  All because the actor--and pairing--they invested in didn't work.  Even Stevie Wonder could see that shit wasn't going to work.  Yet, some viewers invested in Brooke and Bill and will once again get the shaft.   Nor, do I have any desire to see Bill and Brooke casting longing glances at each other when Batie inevitably fails.

Oh, what a sweet and unexpected surprise! I can never get enough of old Brooke and Eric footage; I was gaga about them the first time around and wish they had stayed together. And keeping with tradition, that was a great conversation between the characters. My fondest hope is that Brooke returns, and wants to focus on business, and maybe even Eric. Somewhere in the back of my mind I think we are heading toward something like that, particularly with Eric talking about Brooke being the Matriarch of the family, and Brooke bringing up Stephanie. I will be beyond consolation if Brooke returns and wants to build a new Bridge. I would rather see her stay off the canvas than revisit that worn out relationship. 

I love it when the writers use flashbacks that really matter.  It's a great way for long-time viewers to remember the way things were and for new viewers to get a glimpse of the show's history (which is constantly rewritten for plot-driven purposes).  I loved Brooke and Eric's romance and thought their wedding was awesome.  It's always great to see these two talk about their history especially since JM and KKL are the show's only two original cast members.  This is why Bridge wedding flashbacks with nu-Ridge simply don't work.  Nor, does his calling Brooke "Logan" work; the history simply isn't there with KKL and TK, and it just doesn't ring true.  However, I shudder to think of Brooke coming back, donning a pair of granny panties and trying to step into Stephanie's shoes as the matriarch of the family.  Just once I wish someone would freakin' acknowledge that that woman wasn't all that and 5 bags of chips and keep it moving.  

Like you, RuntheTable, I would be inconsolable and devastated if Brooke returned and decided she needed to reunite with Sir Funk-a-Lot yet again for RJ's sake.  Because you just know it will consist of Brooke begging, debasing herself, and ignoring every indignity she suffered at his hands.  And, she will disappear just as she did the last time she was married to Ridge, constantly being on pins and needles because she's so scared to "disappoint" him.  I'm already on the verge of leaving as it is especially for the three months that KKL is gone--one toe at a time.  A Bridge reunion would be a deal breaker for me.  

• Love 5