Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Recap for Wed. 4/5/17:

We open right where we left off on Tuesday, with Ridge still on bended knee, holding up Brooke's wedding band and Brooke in tears. Ugh...

CBS_BOLD_7557_CLIP2_IMAGE_1089161_640x36

Ridge: "I don't know why I do the things I do." I do, you're a selfish asshole. "But the worst part of it is, I never meant to hurt you. I don't know why I do that." So you accidentally kissed Quinn, not once, but several times? Yeah...sure. He promises he's going to make it up to her, but she's going to have to forgive him. 

Will-Smith-Thinking-As-The-Fresh-Prince-

She doesn't HAVE to do anything. 

He gestures with the ring, his eyes honest-to-goodness red-rimmed. "Please take this ring. Marry me."

Brooke continues to cry and covers her mouth. Presumably to keep from screaming because those are not happy tears.

We cut to the Forrester mansion where Quinn has brought out a full silver tea service to serve Katie properly. Katie is sitting like a Queen Bee on the sofa. 

As an aside, I have to say that I'll bet HT and RS had a ball playing these scenes. I know I would. In fact, they both look like they're restraining from laughing as Quinn pours Katie some tea.

Katie: "Nice, very nice. Very Lady of the Manor."

Quinn: "Well, I figured I could do this just once. And that's what it's going to be, Katie. Just...one time." 

Katie looks at Quinn, then at her tea, and makes a face.

Quinn, trying to restrain from bonking her on the head with the tea pot. "Is something wrong?"

Katie: "It just doesn't seem very hot."

Quinn, exasperated, "Well, that's the great thing about tea. It tastes good at every temperature."

Katie sets aside the tea she didn't really want anyway and warns that Quinn might want to be a little nicer to her, reminding her that she can easily go to Eric (to spill a different kind of tea).  Quinn reminds her that Brooke told her not to say anything.

Katie: "Well, Brooke's not the boss of me." True words, those.

Quinn: "You wouldn't go against her wishes." Why not, you and Ridge both did.

Katie: "Don't be so sure."

We cut to backstage at FC where RJ, Coco, Zende, and Nicole are working or whatever is passing for it these days. RJ hands Coco a file and does a little eye-flirting. She laughs.

Zende stares them down like a wolf stares down raw meat. It's very creepy.

Equally disturbing is the outfit Nicole is wearing. I mean, I can't even...tap pants with pockets...at the workplace.

Nicole.jpg.926d7a54901a8212b23a0dbd29792b69.jpg

Nicole gives Coco some career advice, which opens the door for Zende to heap on more Nicole praise. Gag!

RJ tells them that his parents are back and he's going to congratulate them in person.

Coco is clearly excited for him. 

RJ and Zende talk about how romantic the Forrester men are. Blech!

Back in the Forrester living room, Quinn tells Katie she knows how it feels to relish having the upper-hand on someone and how good it can be to feel "all smug and gloaty."

Katie, smug and gloaty? That'll be the day. ;-)

Katie-Quinn-tea-torture-BB-JJ.jpg

Quinn tells Katie that if she tells the truth, that will destroy Eric and the family...and for the 10th time, do not put this shit on Katie's doorstep. Your actions, Ridge's actions, did this. Not Katie, or anyone else, outing you. She also keeps trying to playing the Brooke card, saying "Brooke will be furious."

Katie, knowing Brooke a lot better than Quinn does, "Brooke will get over it."

Quinn: "You have a lot to lose here. If I sink, you'll drown with me. Do you really want to do that?" Um, that's not how this is going to work, Quinn. Eric will be hurt, at first, by those who knew and said nothing, but that will be nothing compared to his wrath against Quinn and Ridge. She's dodging and deflecting and stalling and Katie knows it...and Quinn knows it...and Katie knows that Quinn knows and Quinn knows that Katie knows that she knows...and so on.

Katie, coolly, "I happen to be a very strong swimmer."

Eric arrives home before the claws can really come out. He looks a little surprised to see this particular twosome sitting in the living room together.

Quinn's face looks like she swallowed the can of worms she's trying to keep closed. He asks if everything is okay.

Katie, beaming: "Eric...just the person I wanted to see." Eric smiles...Quinn frowns.

Back in the CEO office, Brooke has had enough of the fake groveling and tells Ridge to "Get up!" Thank the 8lb, 7oz Baby Jesus that she didn't fall for this shit.

He even admits it was over the top and tells her he can't lose her. She tells him he should have thought of that before he started kissing Quinn. Get him, Brooke!

He calls it a mistake. And no, an affair is NOT a mistake. It's calculated actions that he chose to repeat...many, many times.

Brooke doesn't buy that excuse for a moment and asks how he could have "mistakenly kissed ANYBODY?"

He's mumbling some more excuses when RJ enters the office and gives his congratulations. He's oblivious to the tension in the room. Brooke turns to glare at Ridge and burns a hole in him with her eyes.

RJ goes to bring them in for a hug but Brooke pulls back. Ridge tries to weasel his way out of things and starts spinning a story.

Brooke glares at Ridge again and tells him they need to tell RJ the truth. She reveals they didn't get married in Australia. 

RJ is confused and Brooke tries to reassure him that they'll always be there for him and she's sorry to disappoint him (Ridge is the one who should be sorry), but she's not ready to be married. RJ looks disappointed. Once more, with feeling, HE'LL GET OVER IT!

Back at the mansion, Eric immediately brings up Ridge and Brooke not getting married. Katie cryptically muses that it makes you wonder why. Eric says that he’s determined to get to the bottom of it and he and Quinn are very concerned. Katie smirks at this. She smirks even more when Quinn references Katie stopping by more and Katie talks about how she'll be sure to pop over a lot more, especially for dinner. Eric, clueless, just smiles, pleased to see them getting along so well. He heads to the den, leaving the two of them alone again.

Katie: "How can you deceive that wonderful man?"

Quinn: "I DIDN'T! Ridge and I never crossed that line." Oh, didn't you? Wonder how Quinn would feel if the tables were turned and Eric had kissed Katie multiple times the way Ridge kissed her? Considering Katie's mere presence alone with Eric in her home had visions of bludgeoning Katie by candlestick dancing in her head, I don't think any of us, Quinn included, really have to wonder.

Katie calls her on her BS, "I LOVE that making out isn't considered 'crossing the line!'"

Quinn concedes that she's right, that it never should have happened and it never will again. She asks Katie why not leave things alone, what purpose would it serve to tell Eric?

Katie: "I don't know...he might kick you and your fancy portrait out the door." So you can take her place, Katie?

Quinn agrees that he might do exactly that, but at what cost? Devastating him, losing the woman he loves, alienating him from his son, and resenting her (Katie).  She warns that it won't give Katie "an in."

Katie tells her she's being ridiculous.

Quinn: "I'm not going to let you take a wrecking ball to my life." And I'm going to turn this up so maybe, just maybe, Quinn will hear me. YOU TOOK THE MOTHERFUCKING WRECKING BALL TO YOUR OWN MOTHERFUCKING LIFE BY SWAPPING SPIT WITH YOUR OWN MOTHERFUCKING STEPSON!

She calls Katie out on trying to blackmail her and that she's not going to allow her to control her.

Katie, calm as ever: "There's a simple solution to this, Quinn. YOU can take control. You can own your truth and tell your husband what you've been doing behind his back...with his son." And Katie is 100% right and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it would be far better for Quinn or Ridge to confess vs Eric finding out some other way. Apparently, Quinn would rather roll the dice.

Coco tells Nicole and Zende how she heard they met through the intern program.

Zende: "One look was all it took." Except when he slept with her sister, Sasha, a couple of times just to make absolutely sure.

Zende questions Coco about getting close to RJ. She talks about proving herself and hopes RJ is enjoying his parents’ reunion. 

Speaking of, a visibly upset RJ is questioning his parents as to what happened.

RJ-Brooke-Ridge-wedding-talk-BB-JJ-300x1

Brooke tells him that she's just not ready. He then thinks Bill is to blame. Oh shut up, you mealy-mouthed little twerp.

Brooke denies it and Ridge says it has nothing to do with Bill. 

RJ: "Well, then what? You don't just wake up one day and decide you're not gonna get married, Mom." You do when you find out your intended has been cheating on you, with his stepmother, no less. "That doesn't make sense! I know when you guys act like this, you're keeping something from me. Mom, Dad, tell me the truth." Brooke looks devastated. Ridge just looks squirmy.

Back in the living room, Quinn tries a more conciliatory approach with Katie. This should end well.

Quinn: "Look... I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I mean,  I felt threatened. I thought you were trying to come between me and my husband. I'm territorial. I guess I'm wired that way. So I overreacted. And I, um... I apologize."

Katie: "Wow, that's convenient." Isn't it?

She is amused, to say the least, when Quinn offers a "fresh start" and even dangles a job at Forrester. She sees right through Quinn's desperate ploy however.

Katie: "You will do anything to get me to keep your dirty little secret."

Quinn again insists that her affair with Ridge was meaningless. Oh, should that make Eric and Brooke feel better? That you threw them away, for nothing???

Katie: "It meant nothing." Not believing her for a moment.

Quinn: "Absolutely nothing. I don't even think about it." She is clearly lying here and will be proven to be lying yet again before the end of this very episode. "That's how meaningless it is. I feel terrible that it cost Ridge his marriage to Brooke. That's all." THAT'S ALL???? "There's no reason to continue all this carnage, all our lives up-ended over a few stupid kisses. Come on, Katie. Think about it. Think about what's best for Eric and Ridge and Brooke and the family and the company. Think about what's best for you." What's best for you, you mean, Quinn. What's best is that the truth come out.

Back in the studio, Zende leaves after creepily staring Coco down some more. As if she's going to do anything shady right in front of you. Moron. Coco confides in Nicole that she's getting a creepy vibe from Zende. Okay, she actually said "weird," but I'm sticking with "creepy." Nicole shrugs it off as him being protective of his family.

In the CEO office, Ridge tells RJ that he knows he was counting on them remarrying. 

RJ: "And I got my hopes up. I thought you guys were gonna come home, and we could be a normal family." He relents then, his anger disappearing, "I'm not a kid anymore. I know I want you guys together. But it's your decision." Wow some actual maturity from ol' Slouchey. "I just wish you could tell me what's going on. So... what's next? Dad leaving?" Um, yes, he's getting the hell out of Brooke's house. I'll be happy to help him pack so he can go squat somewhere else. He'll probably turn up at Daddy's place and won't that be cozy?

Hurting their son is killing Brooke, it's written all over her, and I hope she remembers that and hardens her resolve to be done with Ridge. 

Brooke: "Honey, we haven't talked about that yet. We're thinking about you. You are our first priority." Brooke's first priority anyway.

Ridge tells him it's okay for him to feel however he wants to feel and they'll deal with it.

RJ admits he's stunned and disappointed but he just doesn't want to lose his family. He questions if he's being selfish and while I don't think it's wrong for a kid to want his/her parents together, it has to be for the right reasons. Brooke assures him he isn't. RJ asks that they stay connected and forgive each other. He doesn't want to lose them. Brooke smiles at him and you can see how much she loves her youngest son.

Ridge tells them they'll always be a family and that's true, regardless of if they remarry or not. He apologizes to RJ, taking him in for a hug, and looking over his shoulder at Brooke, his eyes boring into her, and there it is again, non-verbal emotional blackmail at its not-so-finest.

Katie moves to stare up at the portrait and Quinn charges after her. 

Quinn: "You've got a lot at stake here, too, Katie. Your place in this family, your standing with your sister... sure, it may give you momentary satisfaction to blow me out of the water, but you will not come out of this unscathed. You'll be a pariah to your own family." Something tells me she won't. Not once the dust settles and Eric realizes where the real blame belongs.

Katie: "Well, you've certainly given me a lot to consider."

Quinn: "What is that supposed to mean?"

Katie refuses to give her any sort of reassurance: "I guess you'll just have to wait and see." She sashays out of the mansion, leaving Quinn trembling.

Eric comes back in then and when he brings up Brooke and Ridge again, Quinn deflects by asking him to put this aside for now: "Ridge and Brooke have had this drama going on for years, and they're either gonna get married or they won't someday. I'd rather not obsess about them. I'd rather focus on us." 

Eric laughs and says he can be convinced and Quinn kisses him. 

She tells him how grateful she is to be his wife and that she never wants them to end. Eric reminds her that's what they promised each other. Too bad she broke that promise, over and over and over again.

Quinn worries that she's screwed up so many things (and keeps screwing up).

Eric reassures her, telling her to stop worrying and that what's going on with Ridge and Brooke is not contagious. 

CBS_BOLD_7558_CLIP2_1091463_640x360.jpg

Eric: "Have I told you how much I love you lately?"

Quinn: "You have, but I never get tired of hearing it."

Eric: "I love you. I love the sparkle in your eyes and I love how you bring humor and lightness and love to me, to my heart, to my house... I love how committed you are to me and how loyal you are to me." And this just kills me. Why couldn't TPTB leave Queric alone? He makes her be a better person. Ridge...helps her become a person she hates. See the difference?

Quinn: "I am. Never forget or question that."

Eric: "You're not gonna screw up, you know, this wonderful, magical life of ours. It's our forever." She's already screwed up. 

Quinn echoes him, "Forever." She pulls him close, but even holding him in her arms, doesn't stop her from flashing back to all her moments of kissing Ridge. She makes me sick...

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 15

I know adultery is a soap staple but it would have been nice if Queric could have made it to their first anniversary before Ridge happened. And they need to come up with storylines that are a little less tawdry for TK.  He's supposed to be a romantic lead, right?  Not just a sleaze preying on the women in his family?     

• Love 14

I know this is a horrible thing to say, and I wouldn't say it if it wasn't a soap, but Quinn should have spiked Katie's tea with some alcohol, help her off the wagon a bit.  HT sure is bringing the smug mean girl out to play and while she's doing a bang up job,  it has me  watching to see Quinn knock the smirkey smile right off her face, grrrrr 

• Love 15

It's raining cats and dogs in our nation's capital and the bloody CBS affiliate thinks its cool to preempt the soap like we can't fucking look out the window and see what's happening. Who the hell do they think is paying attention to this nonsense? Fuck!

• Love 11

Can someone please remind me who Zende and Nicole are?  Are they the newest members of the Forester Greek Chorus?  If it wasn't for nepotism, they would be struggling millennials.

Monday/Tuesday Quinn, Katie, Ridge, and Brooke showed off their acting chops. Wednesday/Thursday RJ, Zende, Nicole, showed off ineptitude. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Zende: "One look was all it took." Except when he slept with her sister, Sasha, a couple of times just to make absolutely sure.

She's not on anymore so it never happened :)

4 hours ago, Cindylou said:

I know this is a horrible thing to say, and I wouldn't say it if it wasn't a soap, but Quinn should have spiked Katie's tea with some alcohol, help her off the wagon a bit.  HT sure is bringing the smug mean girl out to play and while she's doing a bang up job,  it has me  watching to see Quinn knock the smirkey smile right off her face, grrrrr 

That's why it kills me when smug Katie is actually right...even though I should side with her, she makes me not want to!

Speaking of Katie, I'm giggling to myself here at work, someone is going around offering people Lemonheads :)

2 hours ago, politichick said:

It's raining cats and dogs in our nation's capital and the bloody CBS affiliate thinks its cool to preempt the soap like we can't fucking look out the window and see what's happening. Who the hell do they think is paying attention to this nonsense? Fuck!

And then I love it when a newscaster comes on to explain what has already been explained to us, because I guess we're just STUPID!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Whenever we get a snow storm here in New England, our local "news" breaks into programming to give us snow totals (which is fine).  However, they also have their reporters standing on various street corners and parking lots in order show us that it is snowing.  They have to interview people, who don't have the brains to stay home during a blizzard, about braving such hazardous conditions and driving to Walmart.  There is also the obligatory video of people shoveling the snow and the reporters asking them if they are enjoying the winter weather.   

• Love 4

That kind of reporting happens all over the country no matter what the weather. Tornado? Hurricane? Tropical Storm? Snow? Ice? Why do all of the channels send people outside in this horrible weather?  We can look out our windows to see what's happening or watch 3 minutes of the weather channel. Same thing happens whenever there's some bridge collapse, multiple murders, etc. They'll stay on all day speculating about what happened and why without any real facts. Makes me nuts. 

• Love 4

Uh, what happened with Brooke and Ridge today? Gone home to have dinner? Driving along the coast to think? Consoling their baby, Slouchy? Talking to the Gardner about new spring plantings? 

• Love 3

I love the actress playing Shirley Spectra, but I hate the character.  Today she insulted Sally's designs with faint praise (the sketch we saw wasn't bad), essentially told Sally that she and Coco weren't good enough for Thomas and Slouchy, said the Forresters were classy 1%-ers and the Spectras weren't, and justified stealing Forrester original designs as giving a gift to the working stiffs.

Well...um...no Gram Spectra. Just no.  The only 1%-er in the Forresters was Stephanie.  Maya and Nicole come from solidly middle class Middle West. Zende is an adopted African orphan. Brooke started out as a caterer from the Valley. Eric was talented but didn't come from money.

So while Ridge and all the Forrester siblings and grandchildren were raised with money in Beverly Hills Bell-A, they aren't exactly an old line, old money family. Maya, Nicole and Brooke all married into the Forrester money -- there is no reason Sally can't do the same.. I like Coco on her own, but Slouchy needs to get off my screen for good now (and I mean right now).

I think Sally and Thomas could make a really dynamic couple. She loosens him up and he calms her down.  While I still mourn the Tasha that died before it really started, I'm enjoying Tally so far. Anything that annoys Puffy is a A-OK with me.

Fearless prediction:  Sally ultimately won't use the stolen designs and will confess all to Thomas.

• Love 14

I also like Sally and Thomas together. This is the first actress he's been able to connect to and enjoy acting with, IMO. I hated him with Caroline even before she became so silly and insipid. I'm glad she's gone. I also like Eric and Quinn. The rest of them can go pound sand-bad story lines, bad acting and no chemistry. ZZZZZZZende and his wig bride need to exit stage left and the sooner the better. Rick and Maya are nonexistent. Slouchy needs to go back to boarding school and find a personality. Coco might be a contender but not with that hairdo. Grandma Shirley needs to go see her sister on the beach with cabana boy. Saul has possibilities if they'd write some interesting lines for him. Katie needs to fall off of a cliff. Bridge needs to fall off of a cliff. Wow. I think I need to stop watching this crap.

• Love 13

Just wanted to pop in and thank CountryGirl for her wonderful and thoughtful recaps!  I enjoy reading them more than watching the show.  :-D

Also, I don't like how they are writing Shirley.  Her rationalizations, her stunted view of fashion and her shitting all over Sally and the rest of her crew are just bizarre.  Brad Bell has a very warped view of social classes not his own (Bev, Dayzee, the Avants, the Spectras, etc.).

• Love 14
(edited)

That's Maya in thinking that spending time with you spouse is more important than getting work done.  Well, technically she hasn't been doing too much as spokesmodel lately but more as the FC Greek Chorus.  

Nice going Grandma making Sally feel like less than zero but I'm rooting for it to backfire. I'm not a Thomas fan because of the seduction of Ivy and "rape" night, with Caroline, but I'm starting to come to Thomas' side with Sally.  Steffy's hate of Sally could be a contributing factor to my fondness for Thomas and Sally. 

I also find that I have a fondness for Darlita. She reminds me of a few Southern California girls that I've had the privilege to work with.  Call me prejudice but I would find RJ and Coco slightly less offensive if RJ was 18. 

ETA:  Has anyone ever heard Thomas use the L word in any of his relationships before?  

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11

I'd completely forgotten about the Ivy/Thomas crap. Why *did* he seduce her? And why did she fall for it, especially when she still wasn't over Waffles? 

But I agree that Tally is a breath of fresh air. I'm even fine with Douglas living in New York far off my screen to put some distance from the creepazoid this character has been since even the DTB days to the supposed businesman/designer he is now to make this work. Assuming the show is still around in ten years, Douglas can always return to push his parents back together.

• Love 7

Darlita thinking Coco and Rick were getting it on was hilarious. I'm gonna need Sally to start dressing like a real person right now. That tablecloth draped over her shoulder today was absolutely ridiculous!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'd completely forgotten about the Ivy/Thomas crap. Why *did* he seduce her? And why did she fall for it, especially when she still wasn't over Waffles? 

Probably because, if I'm remembering correctly, she was involved with Wyatt (who is not allowed to be happy) at the time.  

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
(edited)

@Kitty Redstone, aww, thanks!

Recap for Thurs. 4/6/17:

Still no $ Bill and we have Puffy, Zende, Nicole, and Slouchey...this is gonna be rough.

At FC, we open in the CEO office, we have to hear yet another recitation from Steffy (with an assist from Ivy!) about her AMAZING! FUN! wedding to Zende and Nicole. Girl, I watched it, and your wedding wasn't shit. 

Also, don't you need to actually work or something?

RJ is only half-listening and he rains on Puffy's parade by remarking that it's too bad things didn't work out for his parents. Thomas there-theres him by patting him on the shoulder.

The subject is quickly changed to how Sally ended up in the drink with that bitch Fauxdiloks laughing like the hyena she is. Remorseless, that one.

Steffy then shows them Ridge's latest design (because apparently this crew has the attention span of a fruit fly). It's apparently the showstopper although isn't that usually a wedding dress?

It kind of reminds me of this (if it were in blue and Saul's version, it will be):

6ff98a6b1b91754dfb39e8287835aaad.jpg

For you 80s kids, this is dream date PJ who was the shit. 

RJ is eager to take it to the vault, with Pink Pather protesting that Charlie should take it over, but ultimately acquiesces, warning RJ to "be careful."

Later, Zende is in the studio with Nicole and grouses about RJ getting close to Coco. He's also worried that Sally is using Thomas to make inroads with the family.

Zende: "The Spectras have taken advantage of Forrester Creations. I don't know want it to happen again, especially not to RJ." Zende isn't wrong, considering Coco's spy jewelry, but it's Zende, so I just want to tell him to shut up anyway. Nicole thinks it's sweet that he's so concerned and they make out. I swear Coco is the only person who takes their job seriously.

Over at SF, Shirley pins a sparkly brooch on Coco before she leaves for FC. I can't decide if Coco should be suspicious of them always accessorizing her or not. A clearly-uncomfortable Sally comments on Coco’s crush on RJ.

Sally's outfit...ay yi yi. A yellow top with a giant black and white bow on the shoulder and a royal green skirt.  

Later, RJ is in the design office with her and he reveals his parents didn't get married after all. Coco looks sympathetic but she's probably thinking, "Dude, I don't even know where my parents are, so get over yourself already." Looking to impress her, he shows her the showstopper design, despite her protests against doing so.

RJ-Coco-showstopper-BB-HW.jpg

With Sally, Saul, and Shirley agog, watching on the laptop.

RJ tells Coco it's easier to cope with his parents' situation with her around. They kiss. 

Back in the CEO office, work continues to be on the backburner as Steffy and Thomas get into it - yet again - over Thomas inviting Sally to the wedding. 

Ivy: "Thomas, you must have known that bringing Sally Spectra along was gonna cause some problems." I've asked this before and I'll ask it again. Why in the fresh hell is Ivy acting like her attempted murderer cousin is her BFF?

Thomas: "It didn't." The only problem came from Steffy acting like her typical two-year-old self.

Steffy: "Bringing Sally was a problem." It's a free country/continent.

Thomas: "Why, Stef? She didn't use it for publicity. She didn't take any pictures. She respected the fact that it was a private ceremony. She didn't post anything anywhere. She even offered to leave when she knew it was gonna upset you." All very valid points.

Steffy: "She wasn't invited. I don't understand; how do you not get this, Thomas? Really." Apparently, it's Fauxdi's world and we're just living in it.

Thomas, over this, "Okay, Stef, you're right. I may have been pushing it a little bit, but I didn't bring her to mess with you."

Steffy, surprisingly: "I know." Well, if you know, then stop bitching about it.

Thomas: "It's different. I like her."

Steffy, softening for a nanosecond, "I know you like her. I know you wouldn't have brought Sally to my wedding if you didn't care for her."

She warns him to be careful what with Sally being a big bad evil Spectra and all that.

Thomas: "I appreciate your concern, Stef. I just don't share it." In other words, I am a big boy and can date whom I choose.

Steffy: "At least we're not fighting about it."

Thomas: "Not today." Hee!

Steffy, smiling, "I'm really glad that you came to my wedding, Thomas."

Thomas, smiling back, "I am, too. I am. And I know you and Liam are gonna be really happy together." Preferably OFF my screen.

She thanks him and he waits, then prods her, "This is the part where you say 'I'm gonna be really happy when you find someone...'"

Steffy: "Yeah, of course! Of course, Thomas. Of course. You're an amazing guy. Any woman would be lucky to date you. I just... I think you deserve better than Sally Spectra." And who could be better than Sally is what Thomas is thinking and I agree (with a momentary pause for Sasha and what could have been).

Back at FC, Sally is still having a hard time with the plan, mainly because of what it will mean to the Forresters.

Saul whines that Coco and Sally think about the Forresters (well, two of them in particular) far too much.

Shirley makes me want to put a sock in her mouth when she criticizes Sally for thinking the two families could ever be friends or that her granddaughters stand a chance with RJ and Thomas, calling the latter a "pie in the sky romance.". Really nice, Grams. I still love you, PD, but I really hate Shirley.

Saul-Shirley-convincing-Sally-BB-HW-300x

Sally doesn't understand why she can't have her dreams of making SF successful and Thomas.

Shirley: "Oh, Sally, honey, it's just not in the cards for you. It never has been. Your parents dumped you and so has every rotten boyfriend you've ever had." Wow...just wow. 

Sally, clearly hurt, "Thomas isn't rotten."

Shirley: "He is a Forrester. You are a Spectra. That combination can only lead to disaster and tragedies!"

Shirley accuses Sally of having cold feet about the plan because of Thomas. That is not the only reason and Shirley knows it.

Sally: "Prison is giving me cold feet, grams. Stealing is a crime!"

Shirley: "Sally, it is the fashion business! My sister did it for years! She never went to jail! You tweak a little here, you tweak a little there, then deny, deny, and poof! You've got you've got your own special line. We are going to take the Forresters' style and make it into something everyone can afford."

Sally: "You make it sound like we're doing something good."

Shirley: "We're giving beauty and elegance to the masses. There is nothing wrong with that! You know what is wrong? The Forresters who just give to the one-percenters. We are giving style and glamour to the working stiffs just like my sister did. And we're gonna do it before someone else does!" And way to send a message to the non-one-percenters that the only way to success is by lying, cheating, and stealing.

Sally: "Okay. Let 'em. And you know what? They can take the rap for it, too."

Shirley: "Saul has the sewing machines greased up and ready to go! We are not gonna let your crush on Superhero Forrester stop us!"

Sally: "After everything that Thomas has done for us? And the way that they welcomed Coco?"

Shirley: "Coco is living in a dream world, and so are you! It is time for that bubble to burst! It's gonna blow up at one point anyway. We might as well make a few bucks before it does!"

Sally, sadly, "I was just trying to rebuild the legacy."

Shirley: "Our legacy? You think the Forresters respect us? They're nothing but Beverly Hills elitists."

Sally: "That is not who they are! Brooke Logan started off catering at the Forrester estate and now look where she is. Thomas will never speak to me again if he finds out that I did this." Sally hit the nail on the head. As someone astutely pointed out, other than Stephanie Douglas Forrester, none of the rest of the original FC crew would be considered part of the 1%. 

Shirley, as shrill and angry and ugly as I've ever seen her, "I never should have sent you to Australia. You've come back a lovesick puppy! I raised you and your sister to be tougher. I made an investment in you. I came all the way to the Golden state to cash in. I will not be dumped for Mr. Muscles now." Shirley is just the worst.

Saul comes in then to interrupt their argument and they are silenced as they see what he's holding in his hands.  It's the showstopper, with the minor changes, essentially meaning the SF version will be in blue vs pink.

Shirley: "Oh! It's glorious. This collection is gonna save our butts." Not if they're in the slammer.

Sally: "People are gonna know that they're knockoffs."

Shirley: "Not if we show them first. Listen to me. You're gonna have a ton of men in your life, but you're only gonna have one grandmother, a Grams who loves you like a mother, who's always looked out for you, and that's what I'm doing now, looking out for you. If we don't do this, we're gonna go down, Darlita, Saul, Coco, you, me. We're all going down with the ship. Unless we do this. Is that what you want? I refuse to let that happen. Your feelings for Thomas Forrester are not gonna stop us, so buckle up, little girl. We are taking this ride all the way to the bank."

Sally just grits her teeth.

CBS_BOLD_7559_CLIP2_IMAGE_1092268_640x36

The theme of emotional blackmail continues this week, obviously, and I've had it up to HERE with that.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

As someone astutely pointed out, other than Stephanie Douglas Forrester, none of the rest of the original FC crew would be considered part of the 1%. 

Maybe I should shut up because I haven't seen the episode, but from your recap (wonderful work as always, by the way!!!) it sounds like the Forresters are being called elitists, and it doesn't take being in the 1% to be an elitist.  Again, just from reading about the episode, it sounds like the reference to the 1% had to do with Forrester's customers.

• Love 3

Of all the Forrester children and grandchildren, I can honestly say it's really only Ridge and the Taytots who are the worst entitlement one percenter bitches. Until he got with Sally, Thomas was nearly as insufferable as Steffy with the evil Logan bullshit and he'd likely still throw Rick or Steffy under the bus to move up in Forrester. 

Kristen's kinda always did her own thing and the only time Thorne and Felicia went after Rick was when he was actually being a bastard who was seducing Steffy and giving designs to Jackie M because of his hate boner for Ridge.

• Love 4

Oh, brother ...

First, I've got to vent my WTF-ery over what Sally was wearing today. HID-E-OUS!  The individual pieces aren't awful but when combined then topped off with nonsensical accessories, that's when my head starts to explode. (I always go to wornontv.com to see what the designers paired each piece with.) Love must really be blind because I don't know how Thomas can stand her outfits.  I think she's a pretty young woman who could benefit from a different hairstyle and lighter softer eye makeup. That smudgy look is outdated and not the most flattering. It's aging. Her hairstyle competes with her garish fussy attire. I still am expecting some type of make under in the works for her as I'm now noticing Coco's game stepping up in the style department since she's been at FC and around Slouchy. WHY did Maya go back to wearing a wig? I thought her natural hair looked great. At least her wig isn't as awful as Nicole's.

I have to add Grams to my list occupied by Sludge and Steffy as most despised characters. What an emotionally abuse harpy she's turning out to be. I can't believe how cruel she is to Sally; telling her she and Coco aren't good enough for Thomas and Slouchy. Then to pile on about Caroline and Thomas and how Thomas is surely out to use Sally for a ONS then dump her. After she emotionally blackmailed Sally to break off with Thomas because Sally "owes Shirley," I wanted to slap the taste right out of her mouth.

Speaking of Shirley's untrue and unwarranted statements, I think the "1%-ers" remark cut both ways.  I think she was referring to FC clients but to the Forresters as well.  One of the most parsimonious people I'd ever seen in my life was a woman who was an heiress to the railroad here and definitely in the "1%." She held a garage sale and was actually selling EVERYTHING, such as used underwear for .50, half-used toiletries, etc. (No, it wasn't a moving or estate sale ...) I saw her twin sister shopping at Target. So, I guess what I'm leading to is there may well be "1% customers" who'd buy SF's cheap knock-offs to save a buck or two. I guess there are more than one way to get rich.

Wow! Another fast-paced romance. Thomas and Sally have had zero dates, I guess except a few lunches, I guess points that they weren't in Eric's kitchen. She had to fly herself to Australia. Sharing a few kisses and making you laugh, to me, isn't really the basis for love. But I do agree that was a HUGE emotional move on Thomas's behalf.

Damn! Darlita got an eyeful. How are they going to play this angle? I kind of thought that Maya would end keep the brooch (or Coco would give it to her or forget about it) and she would end up being the one stealing FC designs instead of Coco. That would sure put a twist on things. The downside would be having to see more of Rick and Maya, but hey, at least it wouldn't be Steam. That would also take the heat off Sally.  Something is going to fly next week because ditzy Darlita will either spill the tea or Shirley will be badgering Coco about "where is your brooch?" which hopefully will make Coco suspicious.

But, NO-O-O ... Brad Bell will have Maya, after she's dressed and tidied just casually return the brooch to Coco.  Darlita will look and sound like she's crazy. End of story.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Darlita thinking Coco and Rick were getting it on was hilarious. I'm gonna need Sally to start dressing like a real person right now. That tablecloth draped over her shoulder today was absolutely ridiculous!

All that spy cam video needed was a bow-chicka-wow-wow soundtrack! That was so funny.

If Sally's designs look like what she wears...ugh!

• Love 5

For all the negative research Grandma Shirley and Saul did on Thomas, they never uncovered that Caroline Spencer, Clothing Designer was married to Ridge Forrester, they lied about Doug's paternity, then had to publically back-track and announce Doug as Thomas' son with a divorce and Thomas living with Caroline Spencer, Clothing Designer following shortly after?

No Rape ... er,  Drunk and Drugged Mistake Night with Caroline will be mentioned as Thomas explains to Sally 2.0 he has a child with his father's former wife that he originally thought was his brother? No Green Card marriage? No attempted murder of Rick? No boink berry frolicking with Brooke on a desert island? No drunken Hope in a thwarted Mexican beach seduction? No random Ivy groping? No shitty designs, jealous and antagonistic behavior when he returned from diddling models in Paris?

I thought not ... Thomas cracked out of the egg yesterday.

• Love 9
(edited)

That's B&B for ya--any past that isn't Brooke's gets ignored forvthe flavor of the week story. I was surprised that they even gave a nod to Rick's son with Amber after Lizzie was born. (even if that child was not either of theirs biologically, he still raised that kid till preschool, so it's still his son. If you're looking for Steffy and/or Ivy and/or Sally's new love interest,  writers, well....:shrugs: )

That said, given how the show has always danced over his psychosis and his Brooke obsession was so far outta left field of all his Brooke hate going back to the SORASed eight year old version who hated her for replacing his mom....I'm not sure how to incorporate all of that and keep him viable. At least its something besides the tired two minutes hate on evil Logans, whining about his cut of Granddad's money or hating a father who for all his faults has always been there for him. Steffy and Rick have those markets oversaturated like Starbucks. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
Autocorrect has been a bigger bitch than Steffy since my last Android update
  • Love 2

PEOPLE…..EVERYONE NEEDS TO JUST

https://media1.giphy.com/media/WlCR1h8RhBgJi/200.webp#0

ZENDE

Just a friendly FYI; RJ stands for Ridge Junior, as in Ridge Forrester Junior. You might try and remember that the next time you feel the need to tell the young man what to do and how to do it.

And another thing there little man, please don’t be talking to Ridge Forrester Junior about messing with the interns because your wife……….

Anything that happened between Sally Spectra 1.0 and the Forrester’s happened before you were even an entity. So you can just shut the hell up about what you do and don’t know about anything related to them.

FAUXDILOK’S

Sally is guilty by name and by association? How is that exactly? What an elitist snob you are.

SHIRLEY

What a horrible person you have turned out to be! Heaping on the emotional blackmail from all angles:

Sally is Thomas’s flavor of the month

Thomas just wants to get Sally in bed

You owe me Sally!

Where is that sweet, demure Southern Lady we were first introduced to? Why are you always behind the desk now like you are in charge?

When did you and Saul morph into the spooky twins from the Shining?

twins.jpg.e0c36f30452fd827f4226df52700e9c4.jpg

NICOLE

Girlfriend and her sister can just keep their judgmental side eyes to their fucking selves. Geez, what a couple of brass ring grabbing bitches.

I AM NOT MAD AT YOU

THOMAS

I can’t believe Thomas has already let the “L” word float between him and Sally, but I won’t complain. Shit should really piss off Little Sis.

SALLY

Stay true to yourself and don’t let that evil Grandmother of yours get into your head. Just believe in Thomas.

DARLITA

How long before everyone thinks Coco seduced Rick? Too, too funny!

• Love 14

Recap for Friday, 4/7/17:

5 days and still no $ Bill. WTF, show?

We open at SF where Sally tells Shirley she wants to make it big as much as she does, but she doesn't feel right about using Forrester designs.

Shirley: "Why? 'Cause, um, you think Tommy boy will kick you to the curb if you do?" Sally sighs in response. "It's gonna happen anyway. Why not get it over with?" Wow, Grams, you are all heart.

Sally: "Maybe it won't. Maybe he really likes me."

Shirley: "And maybe he just wants to get you into bed."

And see, this is hard for me, because on the one hand, we have Thomas' history and his track record with women pretty much sucks until Sasha, starting with his weird obsession with Brooke and the Boinkberry Island crap. He was shady with Hope, shadier still with cousin Ivy, and then there's Rape/ "Misunderstanding" Night. But from Sasha on, he's been a very different Thomas. 

Shirley and Saul decide to spill the beans about Thomas having a baby with Caroline Spencer. And I find it very hard to believe that Sally didn't learn this online already.

Shirley, rubbing salt into Sally's wounds: "The designer, the socialite, rich, gorgeous, living it up in a Manhattan high rise. That's the kind of woman Thomas is gonna end up with. You're just the flavor of the month. So we're using these designs, and there's no reason for you to feel bad about it and no reason for you to protect an imaginary relationship with Thomas Forrester." What a peach.

sally-bold-beautiful.jpg

Shirley tells Sally she needs to get her head on straight and orders her to end her relationship with Thomas. Today.

She then stoops to playing the guilt card: “After all I’ve done for you, you owe me.” So somehow Sally and Coco owe their own grandmother for stepping up and being a decent person and taking her grandkids in when her own kids proved to be worthless deadbeats? Poor Sally.

Over at the FC studio, Thomas spies RJ sharing a close moment with Coco. She leaves to deliver an envelope to Nicole.

Thomas: "It looks like the new girl's working out." RJ grins in reply.

Thomas remarks that they have something in common: "Forrester men under that Spectra spell."

Thomas-RJ-bonding-BB-CD-300x175.jpg

He warns his little brother to expect some reactions from their family and RJ questions him as to his meaning.

Thomas: "With you and Coco, your interest in her."

RJ: "It's not like I'm broadcasting it." He totally is.

Thomas: "You are, whether you know it or not. My instinct tells me just do what I do, right? I let all the negative comments go in one ear and out the other."

RJ: "Are you talking about when the family says something about you and Sally?" Sharp, that RJ. Thomas agrees and when RJ asks about the two of them, he tells him they're good.

RJ: "How good?"

Thomas: "Listen, the woman flew all the way out to Australia to come see me for a wedding. I'd say I'm optimistic about the whole situation. See a lot of potential. Forrester brothers, Spectra sisters. We've got a bright future ahead of us." Or a beautiful disaster.

In the design office, Nicole fills Maya and Rick in on Pink Panther's concern about RJ and Coco. Rick agrees they have a reason to be concerned and should keep their guard up.

He leaves just as Coco rushes in with the envelope. She comments on Rick's cool tone with Maya (helpful as ever) saying she has more to prove than the other interns. Coco, far more mature than Maya will ever be, knows it's because she's a Spectra but is sure she can live up to expectations.

Maya softens a bit, telling Coco everyone wants her to succeed, and admires Coco's brooch. Eager to please, Coco pins it on her and rushes off for another task before Maya can give it back.  

Back at Spectra, Saul busts Darlita for failing to keep her eyes on the live feed from the spy brooch at all times.

Darlita whines about lucky Coco, getting to work with all the Forrester men. Be careful what you wish for, Darlita, because just then, on the feed, she sees Rick lock the office door and move in close.

Darlita all but swallows her tongue as she thinks Rick is moving in on Coco, not realizing the brooch is being worn by Maya. She stares, mouth open as Rick beings to undress (and yes, where was the porn music - they have some from when Brill would meet up in the boom-boom room at SP). She frantically phones Coco, holding up a garment bag, who says she's in the middle of something and hangs up.

Darlita: "How are you -- wow! That girl can multitask." Darlita is adorable and why Saul isn't interested, I don't know.

Coco-on-phone-rack-room-BB-CD-300x175.jp

Coco tells RJ she just got a strange call from Darlita. He jokes that he needs to put a stop to her calling SF while on the clock at FC and uses it as an excuse to kiss her.

Thomas arrives at Il Giardino, telling a decidedly frosty Sally, "Hello, Gorgeous." 

Thomas is wearing an interesting dress shirt with tiny little flowers and very pointy dress shoes and no socks...

He quickly realizes she's not her usual fiesty self and she wastes no time in revealing that she knows he has a child with Caroline Spencer. You can see she's hurt that he didn't tell her himself (but mostly because of her Gram's we are poor white trash speech) and he senses that.

Sally-Thomas-lunch-BB-CD.jpg

Thomas: "Yeah. I should have said something. I don't know why I didn't. I guess I was just waiting for the right moment. It's not exactly something that I'm comfortable talking about. But yeah, with you, I just want-"

Sally quickly cuts him off and says this in a rush as if she doesn't get the words out - fast - she never will: "Save  your breath. Really? 'With you?' Come on. Really? Don't kid yourself. There's nothing serious going on between us. We both know that Caroline is the type of woman that you're supposed to end up with." And she is breaking my heart here.

Thomas is floored: "What are you saying?"

Sally, clinging desperately to her chilly composure, trying to keep from crying (which I'm sure is something she rarely does with a grandmother like hers around. She was probably like Abby Lee Miller and told her and Coco to save their tears for their pillow): "I'm saying that whatever this is between us...it has to end." You can see the tears burning in her eyes, her throat thick with sobs she won't let out and I just want to beat Grams with a sack of quarters.

the-bold-and-the-beautiful.png

Thomas immediately protests and tries to explain about Douglas: "Look, I wasn't purposely hiding him from you. You would have met him by now if he lived in L.A. and yeah, I should have told you about him, and I should have told you about Caroline, and I will if you let me. But I don't want to hear about you trying to end things when we're just getting started."

Sally, feeling guilty for reaming Thomas out about Douglas because that isn't what this is about - at all - it's about her dumping him so can steal from his family with less guilt, steels her courage, Grams' "kind" words likely ringing in her head,  "Yes, we are just getting started." She pauses, hating this, hating herself. "Okay, it makes this whole thing a whole lot easier. We can just walk away with no hard feelings."

Thomas is bewildered: "Where is all this coming from?" Her hateful bitch of a grandmother, who could probably have given your's a run for her money.

Sally: "It's just something that I have to do."

Thomas echoes her words: "Something that you HAVE to do? Why? Because of my son? Douglas is an amazing baby. You will love him. I want you to be a part of his life. I want you to be a part of MY life." Her eyes start to well up. "You came into my world and you turned it upside down. You make me laugh." She swallows hard and looks up, clenching her jaw, trying desperately to blink back the tears. "I look forward to what you're gonna do, to what you're gonna say, to what---Sally, to what WE are going to do."

Sally sighs and you can tell this is killing her.

Thomas: "And suddenly you want to walk away from that? NO! No, I care about you too much. I'm not gonna let you walk away." Sally can't take any more and gets up from the table, in tears, her heavy eye makeup smudged. Crazy outfit and all, she has never looked so beautiful. She's a heartbeat away from bolting when Thomas grabs her by the hand and spins her around to face him.

Thomas: "What? No! Sally! Sally!"

He gently cups her chin and when she tries to jerk away, he gently nudges her to look at him. "Look at me."

He stops her cold with these three little words.

"I love you." She looks at him, stunned and speechless.

C81tv5LUQAA6ZsG.jpg

He kisses her...and it's the most tender I've ever seen him, which will be Sally's undoing.

I hope she finds her normal gumption and realizes it's not to late to unring the bell here where the designs are concerned and tells Grams to go kick rocks. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 17

Stealing designs is one thing. Selling them is another.  Nobody attended the first show except for Bill's mole so why would grandma think a second show would be successful. Yes Sally, Thomas has a son, but he did say a few times that Caroline didn't want a relationship with Thomas. Maybe Caroline finally realized that misunderstanding night wasn't a misunderstanding at all.  

Say what you want about Caroline but she was a hell of a lot more interesting than Zende, Nicole, and RJ that in all probability took her place. 

• Love 14

True, but as someone speculated a while back, she's gone because there's no one else to pair her with. Rick's happily married, TIIC wanted to push yet another ill advised Bridge reunion and for as out of touch as Bell seems to be on issues like these, he had to realize Thomas/Caroline was just not popular. Short of revising her bio mom to be Dani or some other hijinks with Chicken and/or Waffles, there was no one left to pair her with. Because characters only have value when they're paired off. ?

Is it time to revisit contracts yet? Because unless Sasha returns in her second trimester, what else is there for these human Ambien pills?We're stuck with RJ but i hope they consider a recast for him.

RJ and Thomas being brothers was nice. Why couldn't they have let Hope and Steffy get any of that?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

RJ and Thomas being brothers was nice. Why couldn't they have let Hope and Steffy get any of that?

Because Hope and Steffy share no blood and their mothers were hard core rivals. RJ and Thomas' mothers may have been rivals, but they had the same dad. And RJ got shipped off to boarding school so while he wasn't 'abandoned' by Ridge like Thomas and Steffy say they were, RJ still didn't get Ridge's doting so Thomas can look on him with less jealousy and more sympathy.

Rick and Thomas liken more to Hope and Steffy in that they aren't blood but were raised as step-siblings and Rick harbors a deep hatred of Ridge like Steffy harbors for Brooke. That's why I want to see more of RJ's relationship with Rick because RJ is his blood through their mom and yet hates Ridge with a vile passion that is pathological and spills over to affect people around them.

RJ really should be the rallying point for the Marrone/Logan/Forrester family like Jason Q, Lila and Emily were for the Quartermaines and Stuart Chandler was for the Chandlers on AMC. One person that no one in the family could stand to disappoint or lash out at and who they would listen to, could be talked down from their anger. Instead he's a Ridge clone.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Because Hope and Steffy share no blood and their mothers were hard core rivals. 

I was being mostly rhetorical,  lol :p

Lemme rephrase it: why can't any two women have any kind of relationship that doesn't get torn up and ripped up over penises?

(That's rhetorical, too :p)

2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

RJ really should be the rallying point for the Marrone/Logan/Forrester family like Jason Q, Lila and Emily were for the Quartermaines and Stuart Chandler was for the Chandlers on AMC. One person that no one in the family could stand to disappoint or lash out at and who they would listen to, could be talked down from their anger. Instead he's a Ridge clone.

He's still new enough to the canvas where this could potentially happen in time.

That said, how much more effective would that have been had this kid been introduced along with Hope? That whole time period from '08 (when Rick got serious about putting the screws on Ridge) till about the time Hope left as almost entirely centered around the family politics and the Marone branch of Forresters taking pot shots at the Logans. Literally every character had an opinion about which girl Waffles should have married.

RJ would have been the only one without an agenda in that; he could have called Rick to heel for the way he treated both his father AND sister and told Thomas to cool his jets too. And if we needed one move voice quarterbacking in the Waffle Bowl, he could have been an ally for Hope, since Steffy had more than enough people doing her dirty work. 

Instead, we get another Bridge cheerleader. Because we haven't had everyone and their mother sitting shiva over their parents' ill adviced romances before this. Whats next, Jack Marone blows into town demanding Brooke drop Bill for a recast Nick?

(Actually, I wouldn't mind Brooke in a non-Ridge centric love triangle with the only other man that came close to truly undoing Bridge for good. But I digress).

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Thomas-RJ-bonding-BB-CD-300x175.jpg

I know PF is tall ... but damn the kid who plays RJ is short!  Brooke and Ridge towered over him the other day, too.

Sally broke my heart today.  It sucks that her emotionally abusive grandmother doesn't have any faith in her.  I don't even understand Shirley's reasoning that stealing from FC is going to revive the brand.  Those dresses were boring.

• Love 11

Saul! How sweet that you would fight for Sally and Thomas when we all know you are harboring a serious crush on the lady. Shows that you don't have to be big in stature to be a big person. 

I hate Shirley now. She is nothing like her sister, who was a crook, but a crook with class; who didn't tear her family down in order to fulfill her schemes. 

I don't believe for a Bell LA minute that Thomas is done with Sally. 

Unlike JMW, Courtney Hope can cry on cue, and believably so since I was balling right along with her. 

Darlita is so adorable! I love her understated ditziness. 

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Whats next, Jack Marone blows into town demanding Brooke drop Bill for a recast Nick?

If he brings teen Jack to make RJ's life hell, romance Saul, bond with Brooke, and be Coco's BFF let him come!

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Saul! How sweet that you would fight for Sally and Thomas when we all know you are harboring a serious crush on the lady. Shows that you don't have to be big in stature to be a big person. 

I thought he was sweet before, but now I seriously want him to have his own happiness! ? Talk about having class...Liam ought to take notes for the next time Steffy dumps him to chase after Wyatt.

• Love 8

The Spectras do realise that designers have more than one runway show per year, right? What is their solution once Coco gets fired and/or arrested? I am pretty sure she is going to be the fall person because ignorance is never an excuse when it comes to criminal things. What are they going to do when a department store is like we want this dress with xyz changes with xyz material and such? It is like trying to recapture the magic but not knowing the secret formula.

I am fed up with Grams and her emotional blackmailing. It sickens me to watch somebody berate somebody they claim to love. Sally 1.0 was many things, but I cannot imagine her ever telling Macy or CJ that they were poor, less than anybody because of money, and all that shit she just spewed out. Please get rid of her. I am glad she was not in the opening credits. Kick her to the curb and give Ashleigh Brewer a real storyline instead of her being Steffy's right hand woman and flunkie.

And I am pissed that Sally is willing to steal from somebody she claims to love. Where is your backbone and conscience? Those designs do not look like anything she would have even produced if we are going by the first flop of a show. This storyline is annoying on so many levels. Ugh.

Kudos to Bill for being a smart cookie and even putting the idea out there that Sally might be stealing the designs from the Forresters. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

The Spectras do realise that designers have more than one runway show per year, right? What is their solution once Coco gets fired and/or arrested? I am pretty sure she is going to be the fall person because ignorance is never an excuse when it comes to criminal things. What are they going to do when a department store is like we want this dress with xyz changes with xyz material and such? It is like trying to recapture the magic but not knowing the secret formula.

I am fed up with Grams and her emotional blackmailing. It sickens me to watch somebody berate somebody they claim to love. Sally 1.0 was many things, but I cannot imagine her ever telling Macy or CJ that they were poor, less than anybody because of money, and all that shit she just spewed out. Please get rid of her. I am glad she was not in the opening credits. Kick her to the curb and give Ashleigh Brewer a real storyline instead of her being Steffy's right hand woman and flunkie.

And I am pissed that Sally is willing to steal from somebody she claims to love. Where is your backbone and conscience? Those designs do not look like anything she would have even produced if we are going by the first flop of a show. This storyline is annoying on so many levels. Ugh.

Kudos to Bill for being a smart cookie and even putting the idea out there that Sally might be stealing the designs from the Forresters. 

Oh my God, all of this. I came specifically to comment on Grams. I cannot believe that in this day and age an older woman would say such horrific things to a young woman. And what makes her think Douglas is the glue that will bind Thomas and Caroline together. Does she not know anything about the Forresters and all the interchangeable baby mamas and daddys? She was truly gross.

I am really disappointed in Sally, too. Thomas thinks he loves her. She should have begged him to help her with some nice designs instead of putting her sister's freedom and credibility at risk. She sucks almost as badly as her grandma.

While I'm here: RJ is too fucking young to be macking at work. Also, he is gross and eyes Coco like some sort of predator before he leans in AND he looks like he can't kiss for fuck. Gross.

• Love 11

Might we have just seen the beginning of a Thomas/Sally/Wyatt triangle? I almost hate to put it out there, but we know how they love the triangles on our show. Plus, right now, there isn't one. The Ridge/Brooke/Eric/Katie/Quinn thing is a hexagon (or whatever shape has 5 sides, maybe 4 sides with Katie as an interloper), & hasn't been mentioned in like a week or so, Ridge/Brooke/$Bill seems over, Wyatt/Steffy/Liam is settled for today, Sasha/Zende/Nicole is over with Sasha being gone, they'll be looking for a new triangle soon enough. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Because unless Sasha returns in her second trimester, what else is there for these human Ambien pills?

I legit snort-laughed reading that.

About Caroline/Thomas, I could have sworn HE was the one who put the brakes on things, not her, including her not-so-subtle hints to Sasha that she should step aside and let them be a family. But I can't recall exactly what did or didn't happen in NY. My sense is Thomas wasn't feeling it.

37 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Might we have just seen the beginning of a Thomas/Sally/Wyatt triangle?

I would not mind seeing a Thomas/Sally/Wyatt triangle, although I love Tally right now. But Wyatt having a shot at someone who wasn't the syrup to his brother's Waffles would be a nice change.

• Love 7

Recap for Mon. 4/10/17:

We open at Il Giardino. Thomas is pleading with Sally and says that he knows he should have told her about Douglas but that's no reason for them to split up.

He searches her face, sensing more, "What else is going on?"

Sally: "It's complicated."

Thomas-Sally-dump-BB-CD-300x175.jpg

Thomas: "It doesn't have to be complicated. Look, you are so important to me, and I want you to, one day, be important to my son. But for some reason, that makes you want to run away from this. I don't get it. But I can't let you walk away."

At SF, Saul, who actually does have a conscience, asks Grams if Sally really needs to end things with Thomas.

Shirley, sneering, "What? Of course she has to end things with Thomas! I mean, we can't go on taking their designs and she's playing kissy-face with him. You know..." She pauses for a moment, questioning why Saul wouldn't be jumping at the chance for them to break up. "Let's just back this up a notch or two. You do not want Sally hanging around with Thomas Forrester any more than I do."

Saul: "But what I want doesn't matter, 'cause Sally genuinely likes him. Does she really need to get her heart broken in order for us to succeed?" I'm blowing kisses at Saul right now.

Saul: "As much as I do not want to admit it, Sally and Thomas -- they have a certain chemistry. They are adorable. He seems to make her happy." Saul is a true friend.

Shirley: "For the moment. May even last a week or two if we let nature take its course. But we don't have time. Men will always let you down in the end. No offense, but it's true. Men come, and they go. And right now, it is time for Thomas Forrester to go!" Oh shut up, Shirley. 

Out in the reception area, Darlita's eyes are glued to the screen, watching the spy brooch feed. Rick is putting the moves on whom she wrongly assumes is Coco.

Maya-Rick-canoodle-BB-CD.jpg

Darlita, who is as cute as a button, "Oh, no. No, no, no, no! Coco! No! What are you doing?! Don't you let him sweet-talk you, just 'cause he's got that beautiful body."

She looks up, startled and bewildered, as Coco enters, slamming the laptop shut. She thinks there must be some sort of tape delay happening and then starts interrogating Coco about Rick.

Darlita: "You know his wife is a model, right?"

Coco: "Yeah. Yeah. Maya. I work with her, too. Although I'm not so sure she trusts me. I'm trying my best with her. I even loaned her my brooch today."

Darlita: "Wait. You loaned her your jewelry and then went right around and OOHHHHHH. You've loaned her your jewelry. Okay. Mm-hmm. That makes sense. Yeah. Uh, Rick's wife. Okay. Yeah. That explains so much."

Coco wants to know if Darlita has been drinking. Not an unfair question.

Darlita: "I'm not drunk. Believe me, you'll know when I've been drinking." This I cannot wait to see.

Darlita manages to defuse any potential Coco suspicion and runs into the office to tell Shirley and Saul that Maya is wearing Coco's brooch, showing them the feed.

Either Rick and Maya got in the quickest quickie of all time or they changed course because the feed now shows a buttoned-up shirt Rick showing Maya yet another FC original.

Design-Rick-cam-BB-CD-300x175.jpg

The insufferable Shirley crows, “We have hit the motherlode!”

Saul scurries to screen-capture them after hearing Shirley's helpful advice of tweaking them here and there. Stealing is stealing. 

Saul has another pang of conscience and asks what about Sally?

Shirley: "What about her?"

Saul: "She and Thomas are-"

Shirley: "She is breaking up with him as we speak. She will be just as excited about these designs as we are. At least she better be." I truly loathe this woman.

Sally and Thomas have sat back down and you can see it's taking everything in here not to break down.

Sally: "Trust me. Ending this is cleaner for both of us. It is better now than-"

Thomas: "Than when? Who says this has to end?" Her evil bitch of a grandmother, that's who.

Sally: "I am thankful for the time that we spent together. I have never met a man like you. But you need to go be with your son, with his mother."

Thomas: "No, no, no. That's not -- I want to be with you. I can't believe you're ending this because you found out that I have a son. What aren't you telling me?"

Sally takes a different approach and tries to get him angry at her.

Sally: "You have got some ego, don't you?"

Thomas, caught off-guard: "Excuse me?"

Sally: "You've never been rejected before. Look, when a girl says she isn't feeling it, she isn't feeling it."

Thomas, starting to anger: "Okay. Now I know there's something going on because you're outright lying to me. I know you're feeling everything that I am right now."

Sally: "Maybe what I'm feeling is pity for your son that his father should stop hitting on other women and go try and make it work with the mother of his child."

Thomas: "As much as I care about Caroline, and I always will, our relationship was never ideal. There's a lot of complicated things that I cannot go into right now. I had just come back from New York. I had just come back from confusion and disappointment. I went out there to try and make it work with Caroline, and it was just impossible. And then I met you. And all that confusion and disappointment, it turned into laughter. I thought that I knew what I wanted. I didn't. Not until I met you."

Sally, fighting back tears, "We wouldn't work out, Thomas -- not in the long run. We are way too different. I don't fit in with your crowd."

Thomas: "Right. I don't, either."

Sally: "Yeah, right."

Thomas, looking her straight in the eye, "As a kid, I never fit in. It made me act out at times. And as an adult, it's just overwhelming. I came back from New York to see my little sister appointed CEO. I was overlooked again. I was never even seriously considered once. (Ok, not this I wuz wobbed speech.) So, that old sinking feeling in my gut came creeping back in. Where do I fit in? Where do I fit in my family, my company? And just as all that anger was starting to consume me, I meet you. And, suddenly, all that bitterness starts to melt away, and I'm not as frustrated that Steffy's been CEO. Or that granddad and dad just look at me as another cog in the wheel. Why should I worry about any of that when you bring me so much happiness?" The change in him is her and it's palpable.

Sally, her resolving faltering for a moment: "I do that for you?" She pauses and decides to throw in a little truth with her lies so maybe he'll buy it. "Look, Thomas, okay? I fell for you. I fell for you hard, which is why this is not easy for me. We had a good run. But it is reality-check time. You need to go to your son, to his mother. Go to where people pretend to like caviar, because I like pigs in a blanket, thank you very much."

Thomas: "Then like what you like. I don't want you to do anything different. I don't want you to like anything different. I just want you to be you-crazy, outrageous, beautiful you. Sally, my son is my son, and I will always love him. But you can't let him get in the way of this. We have something so special. I can't let it end."

Everything in Sally is screaming, don't do this. But Grams' words continue to resonate and fester like poison in her soul.

Sally: "If I knew how to do this, I would."

Thomas: "Do what? Be with me?"

Sally: "Be with you...while... being at Spectra."

Thomas: "Do you really think that I'm that shallow, that I'm concerned about your last name being Spectra or that I think i should be with Caroline because her last name is Spencer?

Sally: "I think if we pursue this, you're gonna end up regretting it, that you will wonder why you took a chance on me when you could have the safety of a classy, sophisticated socialite waiting for you in New York.

Thomas: "But I want to take that chance."

Sally: "I came to Los Angeles with my grandmother to do a job - to get Spectra Fashions back on its feet, and what have I been doing? Wasting my time daydreaming about you and kissing you. My God. I even went all the way to Australia. Really? What was I thinking, chasing you like that?" Is she trying to convince him or herself?

Thomas: "You were having fun. You were living a dream that is worth living."

Sally: "No. Wrapped up in your life and your world, thinking that I could be a part of it."

Thomas: "You are a part of it."

Sally, very sad here, "No. I am Sally Spectra, the one who fights and scrounges, who will risk everything just for a glimmer of what you Forresters naturally are born with. Do you really think I could be a part of your world? The luxury, the private jets, and the mansions, a child in New York City, a high-paying fashion job in Los Angeles, rich and powerful friends in every single country? That is not me."

Thomas: "It could be."

Sally: "Yeah, someday, perhaps, if I make it happen. Not because I'm latched on to you. I will not be dependent on a man." And this part does ring true for her.

Thomas: "Don't be dependent on me? Can you just trust me, please, that I want the best for you? Trust me."

Sally: "Trust? Really? Trust, Thomas? Who can you trust in this world? Look, okay? I really wish things could be different. But I promised my grandmother that I would stay focused." She is so close to tears she can barely breathe.She can't even trust her own grandmother. How can she possibly trust this young man whom she barely knows? And yet she does trust him. 

Thomas: "So focus. I completely support you in that, and I promise, Sally, i won't invite you to any more events for the next two, three months, max." A small sad smile from her. "That's all I can take. Sally, you don't have to cut me out in order to succeed at Spectra. You can do both."

This is not going as easily as Grams assured her it would. Because he does care that much. And now she's angry that he's making this harder for her. Angry at him. Angrier still at herself. So she does what she has to do. And hates herself for it.

Sally: "What is wrong with you? Do you have wax in your ears? Have you never been rejected before? Look, I know there's a first time for everything. It stings. But you will get over it, okay? Just go. Go live your life."

Thomas, his eyes pleading with her: "You don't mean that."

Sally: "Yes. Yes, I do, Thomas, okay? There is no future here. Come on. Why the face? Really? Go. Go, okay? Go hit the gym. You probably lost part of your 8-pack sitting in this Italian joint, soaking up all of the carbs anyway. I don't want you anymore. Okay? It was fun while it lasted, but it was what it was, but that's all that it will ever be. Just go, okay? Go and live your fancy life...Bye!"

Thomas, no longer angry, but hurt, "I don't believe you."

Sally, thinking please leave before I cry only please don't go because I love you, too. "Goodbye, Thomas. Ciao. Sayonara. I don't...is there any other way I can say it? I don't know."

They stare each other down with Thomas blinking first, tears in his eyes, and turning on his heel and walking away.

Thomas.thumb.jpg.9fee735f5ac4688cd6fa8e6dd1392ef8.jpg

Sally.thumb.jpg.9daf6d0a34758413fe329f6b3bfdd617.jpg

Sally whispers "Goodbye" and finally gives into her tears. 

Sally2.thumb.jpg.4fd8a3a6b4b50b8dc806080a4403a9b7.jpg

And I just hate all of this.

• Love 11

Steffy looked halfway decent today. That spray tan did wonders to town down her facial features.  Also, I like Wyatt's new look. I had to do a double take to make sure it was him. 

They gave Maya and Nicole the opportunity to raise themselves from the boondocks so why wouldn't they allow Sally to do the same.  Eric /Quinn is my favorite pairing but Thomas/Sally would be a close second.  

The bow popping off the dress was ridiculous. If you can sow a hemline you can sow a bow on a dress. Does Coco and Darlita share the same brain. Is Coco that unobservant not to recognize the similarities to FC designs?  

Bill has money but does he have that much money to buy a building, tear it down, and build a new phallic symbol to Dollar Bill Spencer.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

Might we have just seen the beginning of a Thomas/Sally/Wyatt triangle? I almost hate to put it out there, but we know how they love the triangles on our show. Plus, right now, there isn't one. The Ridge/Brooke/Eric/Katie/Quinn thing is a hexagon (or whatever shape has 5 sides, maybe 4 sides with Katie as an interloper), & hasn't been mentioned in like a week or so, Ridge/Brooke/$Bill seems over, Wyatt/Steffy/Liam is settled for today, Sasha/Zende/Nicole is over with Sasha being gone, they'll be looking for a new triangle soon enough. 

I hopr not!

• Love 1

Has there been an explanation for Sasha's absence?  Did she even get a goodbye scene?  I take long breaks from this show when the stupid gets too much to take, so I probably missed something.

I'm hoping that Sally will pull a switcheroo and use her own designs for the show.  There is NO REASON to ruin her and the other Spectra characters, especially when there are so many alternatives this story could take.

Days like today really make me despise Bill.  Watching some lowly employee grovel at the feet of some pissy little man with a sword complex is not my idea of entertainment. 

• Love 14

What's making me give major side eyes is because when Caroline came back, she was hellbent on reuniting with Thomas and them having a family. Her return is why Thomas and Sasha ended abruptly. Sasha stepped to the side to give them room to work out their stuff. Well, Bell and his minions apparently had some off-screen moment where now Caroline has decided that she does not want to be in a relationship with Thomas and moved to New York without so much as even a good-bye. They tanked what could have been the making of a really great friendship with a slow burn heading to a well-timed, well paced love story with Sasha and Thomas because of Caroline suddenly realising that she just could not live without Thomas. And now a few months later, Caroline is like oh nevermind. Then, what was the point of them ruining Sasha and Thomas and now Sally and Thomas, too? I was mad about that because Thomas had slowed down his man whoring and was really good for Sasha. She was well on track to finally being with someone who was all about her. I hate that there has been no resolution for anything. Caroline left and moved. Sasha has just disappeared. Now, we have Sally who is using the same excuse of his son/son's mother being a family just like Sasha. Seriously Bell? Wash, rinse, repeat much, mate?

• Love 10