Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I like the Spectras but I don't like this "Spectra rips off Forrester (again)" storyline.  The whole "fast fashion" thing kind of makes this storyline irrelevant.  Forever 21, H&M, etc. churn out low cost, low quality designs inspired by the high fashion designers every day.  All those dresses we saw at the Oscars this past Sunday will be knocked off and on a rack at a store near you within the next few weeks, fresh for prom season.  So this "Coco spies at Forrester and steals their designs" storyline is old and from the 90s because that's not really how fashion is working in the 21st century.

The new Spectras don't have the capital to produce a line of knock-offs anyway. Fabric, labor, transport - those are big upfront costs. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Well, that was one uncomfortable cocktail party! My question is; when did this all become about Ridge and Quinn, and how they feel about each other? It started as Quinn trying to ruin Steffy's life, and how she couldn't be married to Wyatt if Quinn was with Eric. Now, it is as if that never happened; all you hear is stupid remarks about how much Q/R have in common.

How badly I want to hate it; the collateral damage will be far too steep, but I just can't.  Rena and Thorsten are simply too powerful in their scenes and this SL. I didn't expect that to happen yesterday, and found myself staring in rabid fascination; spurring Ridge on to go for it. I am shameful and thoroughly disgusting. 

So, are Coco and RJ our next Macy and Thorne? I like them. They are cute together, and that is saying a lot considering how I have felt about RJ since he came home. I am finding that I can take him if he isn't playing cupid with mom and dad. From his remark " I can't wait to work with Coco", it seems that he is now employed at FC's? I must have missed that. 

What I have been loving, is how RJ and Thomas actually act like brothers. So refreshing after Rick/Ridge and Liam/Wyatt.

I am hoping Coco sticks to her guns about not stealing from FC's. 

Why Charlie Show? I guess Quinn can come up with something semi plausible to explain what Charlie saw and found. Maybe that was her lipstick from her blotting her own mouth, and she used it to get something off of Ridge's face? Maybe she bumped into Ridge in their desperation to get out of the powder room? Reaching I know, but at least give me props for trying. 

I was waiting for Brooke to say something about getting stuck in the service elevator with Ridge all those years ago. But she didn't. No, instead, she continued her dumb me down campaign with more silly dialog about how Ridge and Quinn are so much alike really. 

We did get to hear her giggle though. So there is that. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

What I have been loving, is how RJ and Thomas actually act like brothers. So refreshing after Rick/Ridge and Liam/Wyatt.

Hear, Hear!

8 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

I am hoping Coco sticks to her guns about not stealing from FC's. 

Same here.  A knock off story would be so stupid.  

• Love 5

This past week with Brooke makes it hard to believe Brooke graduated with a chemistry degree. 

Now, she's just Summer Newman levels of stupid.

1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

For now...but yeah, after all the family hate fests, it's nice to see that Thomas isn't playing 2010 Steffy to RJ's Hope. For that matter, Rick doesn't have it out for RJ and his evil Marone blood either, so that's cool, too. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Isn't RJ still high school age?  If Coco is in college will they SORAS RJ a few years?  Otherwise it will be a little creepy.

I thought RJ was still in high school, but there has been reshuffling with mention of some open-study program he's participating in through school; he's conveniently studying his family's schmatta business.

It might be just me, but I think TIIC are embellishing RJ's history, by having him talk about being at Forrester Creation all his life (never happened), and SORAS-ing his age by giving RJ a position as liaison to the interns -- RJ is being aged on screen to get him closer to Coco's age, that his love-at-first-sight isn't a total rehash of Amber and Rick's inappropriate relationship.

• Love 3

WTF?  RJ is in charge of the interns?  He's been an intern since he could crawl?  Where from boarding school?  It seams that RJ is all into Coco but any reciprocation, on her part, will be as repulsive, to me, as the miss understand night between Thomas and Caroline.  RJ is 16, and unless he's a scholar, yeah right, and he already graduated HS than why is he haunting the offices of FC.  Coco is in college, unless she's another early HS graduate, she's at least 18 therefore a intimate relationship would be illegal.  

Nicole and Zende are still as boring as watching paint dry. They are a complete waist of time and space.  Rick is an insufferable prick and Maya is right there with him. Who died and left him boss.  Once again they thinks they are the cat's meow.  I couldn't give a shit about what Zende and Nicole think. 

• Love 7

Hi guys - been away for a while but am back and all caught up - hope everyone is well...had to comment on that idiot Charlie...the other day after he rescued Q & R from the bathroom, he came back and saw them kissing (I think) and then he came back again and saw her wiping something off his mouth with a tissue...he went into the garbage after they left and found the tissue with lipstick on it and was stunned, just stunned....my question...what did he THINK he would see, chicken noodles? Just stupid, I can't stand this dolt...

• Love 7
(edited)
34 minutes ago, SiouxBee said:

Hi guys - been away for a while but am back and all caught up - hope everyone is well...had to comment on that idiot Charlie...the other day after he rescued Q & R from the bathroom, he came back and saw them kissing (I think) and then he came back again and saw her wiping something off his mouth with a tissue...he went into the garbage after they left and found the tissue with lipstick on it and was stunned, just stunned....my question...what did he THINK he would see, chicken noodles? Just stupid, I can't stand this dolt...

He didn't see them kissing just her wiping his mouth. Why that would spur him to dig through the trash for the tissue makes no sense in that context. Why he didn't notice that bright red lipstick on that clown before she wiped it off makes no sense. He is an idiot and if he's meant for comic relief, then epic FAIL :/

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

Oh don't forget Maya having had a baby previously and now she's a transgender.  How did she lose her uterus and ovaries? I mean she had her own baby at one point in the past before the big story change and yeah I'd love to know how that happened.

Maya was born male (Myron). After leaving home for L.A., he met a man who paid for his sex change operation and became Maya. The man had a child from a previous relationship that Maya cared for as her own. The man went to prison*, and at some point Maya was arrested. Maya gave the child to her friend Dayzee (a character no longer on Show) to care for. Maya went to jail and Dayzee, barely able to take care of herself, gave the child to Social Services. The child was adopted because the father was dead and there was no other family; Maya didn't have a legal claim to the child.

When Maya was released from jail, she went to Dayzee to retrieve the child and was told the circumstances. In Maya's search, she found out the adopting parents and child were killed in an accident.

I'm glossing over how Dayzee became involved with the Forrester family, how Maya met Rick Forrester and all that folderol, but trust that as Maya she was never impregnated (biologically impossible) and never impregnated anyone when still potent as Myron.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
* SL correction per Tricknasty information
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Maya was born male (Myron). After leaving home for L.A., he met a man who paid for his sex change operation and became Maya. The man had a child from a previous relationship that Maya cared for as her own. The man died, and at some point Maya was arrested. Maya gave the child to her friend Dayzee (a character no longer on Show) to care for. Maya went to jail and Dayzee, barely able to take care of herself, gave the child to Social Services. The child was adopted because the father was dead and there was no other family; Maya didn't have a legal claim to the child.

One correction Cupid. Maya's boyfriend is very much alive. He was a drug dealer played by Ricky Paull Goldin when he came to see her after she came to LA

• Love 3

thanks tricknasty - and yes, it certainly makes no sense why he would paw thru the trash in that context....you are right...as comic relief, he is AWFUL !! Ugh !!

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

and never impregnated anyone when still potent as Myron.

Oh, there's still time for a long-lost child from her teen years as Myron to show up asking for his or her cut. That's what the Avants do, after all. ?

That would coincide with Eric III coming into town to find out about his life with Rick and Amber and maybe even with CJ, who I guess will be popping up once a month now. Anyway, Myron!Kid and Eric III = obvious instapairing. Bonus if Maya's kid is a gay male :)

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

One correction Cupid. Maya's boyfriend is very much alive. He was a drug dealer played by Ricky Paull Goldin when he came to see her after she came to LA

Is that why Maya went to prison? I couldn't remember what her conviction was for. I was probably tuned out for the boyfriend returning; I remember Ricky Paull Goldin from Y&R. Thanks for straightening that out, Tricknasty.

8 hours ago, grisgris said:

I privately refer to Steffy as FGC (Fool's Gold C...)

I have to say, I'm a little mad at you for keeping that one to yourself for so long.  It's perfect. 

7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I agree with this. There are knocks off everywhere today. Of course, exact knocks offs are a problem with real designers but I agree that Forever 21 , H&M and other fashion outlets provide designer looking clothes with a cheap price. They could have gone that route with Spectra. The current storyline (and, Sally's clothes) seem very 1990's (which her clothes probably are) but seems a little outdated and fake for 2017.

I remember even around 10 years or so ago, when I used to have an US Weekly subscription, they always had a feature after major awards show where they'd have like 4 or 5 actresses' looks from the night along with a guide to where to get the knockoff look.  The knockoff looks were always pretty clearly knockoffs - they were the same essential style, but not exact replicas.  I think that there has always been an element of similarity among different lines, especially with lower end lines incorporating a certain element from higher end lines, but making it their own version.  The first example of how not to do it that comes to mind is the stories about Ivanka Trump's shoe line.  There's a red shoe I remember seeing in one of the stories that is almost a carbon copy of another line's shoe.  Had she simply taken one element of the shoe design, like the kind of fluffy accent over the toe strap, and then designed an entirely different shoe around it, I don't think the other company would have an argument.  She could simply say that her designers identified that element as a potential upcoming trend, and they decided to do their own take on it.  But, the shoe is also nearly identical in heel and ankle strap designs, so it's really hard to argue that it's not a rip off.  

I think it would be a better idea for the show, instead of going with outright stolen designs, to have Spectra get a peek at the FC line and merely lift certain elements into their own designs.  Current day Sally is supposed to actually have some design talent, so it would make sense that she'd prefer to put her own spin on the trends the FC line is creating than to just outright copy their exact designs.  Then you'd have Steffy having tantrums over them "stealing" from FC, but there would be nothing she could really do about it (beyond proving that someone was stealing their designs to provide them to Spectra).  Then we could maybe have instances where the Spectra take on something is selling better than FC's version.  (Which would also make Steffy's head explode.) 

There's no real rooting value for the Spectra gang to succeed if all they're doing is copying designs outright, and I'm not really interested in watching that.  But something more gray, where Spectra's designs are truly their own designs, with trends FC has forecast incorporated into them, would be a better story.  

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

WTF?  RJ is in charge of the interns?  He's been an intern since he could crawl?  Where from boarding school?  It seams that RJ is all into Coco but any reciprocation, on her part, will be as repulsive, to me, as the miss understand night between Thomas and Caroline.  RJ is 16, and unless he's a scholar, yeah right, and he already graduated HS than why is he haunting the offices of FC.  Coco is in college, unless she's another early HS graduate, she's at least 18 therefore a intimate relationship would be illegal.  

Nicole and Zende are still as boring as watching paint dry. They are a complete waist of time and space.  Rick is an insufferable prick and Maya is right there with him. Who died and left him boss.  Once again they thinks they are the cat's meow.  I couldn't give a shit about what Zende and Nicole think. 

I'm fine with an 18 year old and a 16 year old dating.  It happens fairly often, and there are a number of states where any physical relationship wouldn't even be illegal, either because the age of consent is 16, or because they have "Romeo & Juliet" exemptions from their statutory rape laws where a couple who is within two years of each other isn't considered a violation.  

From my own personal point of view, though, I would have never considered dating a 16 year old boy when I was 18.  No way.  I wasn't even really thrilled with boys my own age at that point, and preferred guys in the 19-22 range, but 16?  They'd have to be an exceptionally mature 16 year old.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I am so disappointed that Sally called in a favor to Thomas, all the while knowing what that favor was for. I don't want to see her doing knockoffs. It would be much more entertaining to watch her and Thomas compete on the runway as equals (after he mentors her of course), as they carry on a sizzling hot romance behind the scenes. And I don't see how Coco getting an internship is going to help them come up with whatever they owe Shifty by the end of the day. I don't think he will want to hear any of that after his "audience" with Bill. 

8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I like the Spectras but I don't like this "Spectra rips off Forrester (again)" storyline.  The whole "fast fashion" thing kind of makes this storyline irrelevant.  Forever 21, H&M, etc. churn out low cost, low quality designs inspired by the high fashion designers every day.  All those dresses we saw at the Oscars this past Sunday will be knocked off and on a rack at a store near you within the next few weeks, fresh for prom season.  So this "Coco spies at Forrester and steals their designs" storyline is old and from the 90s because that's not really how fashion is working in the 21st century.

Instead of trying to revive Spectra to be like it was in the 90s, I would've liked to have seen Sally have an independent line, maybe she's selling it on Etsy or her own website.  Maybe she tries out for a Project Runway-style reality show; the winner gets $250K towards creating their own line.  Maybe either Jarrett or Steffy was a "guest judge" on the show and ordered by Bill/prompted by jealousy gives Sally a bad review and gets her kicked off the show.  Maybe Sally is minding her own business selling her independent line, & getting noticed by Eye on Fashion...Steffy picks up Eye on Fashion, notes the success of Sally's line, and decides it has to be destroyed because it's competing with Forrester's more youthful lines.  I think there are a lot of ways a Spectra vs Forrester Fashion Wars storyline could go instead of "Coco spies for Spectra".

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I agree with this. There are knocks off everywhere today. Of course, exact knocks offs are a problem with real designers but I agree that Forever 21 , H&M and other fashion outlets provide designer looking clothes with a cheap price. They could have gone that route with Spectra. The current storyline (and, Sally's clothes) seem very 1990's (which her clothes probably are) but seems a little outdated and fake for 2017.

The idea that the Spectra's are stuck with stealing Forrester Creations uninspired "couture" is pretty insulting in this day and interwebs age, or that Sally2 would abandon designing altogether, and waiting for Coco to snitch a few designs from the Forrester's. <sigh> So stupid.

If Sally2 could use Steffy's pathetic social media presence to make noise, don't just sit there! Use your hard-earned cake-throwing name to hijack the bad press and put out a new message to sell your crap. Nope. Nope. Give up hope and wrangle an internship position for Coco to steal from her new employer.

The NY 2017 Fall Fashion Collections were completed last week and all the brands have their offerings online. One major grouse I've always had with B&B is that Forrester doesn't follow the real world fashion collection schedule, prepare and have fashion shows accordingly. How hard would it be for Sally2, Saul and Grandma Sally to pick a dress here or there from one brand or another, alter the original design and get on with business? Clearly impossible, according to TIIC.

I don't get it, but I never understood Sally1's contrived and convoluted reasons for stealing FC designs in the first place. I loved Sally1 and Darlene Conley (she's my spirit animal along with Moms Mabley, Joan Collins and Ruth Bader Ginsburg), so watching her expertly chew the scenery and get the joint jumpin' was a grand time, but Sally2 is a better designer (with some editing) and shouldn't be pressuring Coco to ruin her reputation and learning opportunity as an intern at FC.

Coco is a sweet girl, but has plenty of backbone and would not be railroaded by Rick when he was interrogating her about being a Spectra. Now, all Coco has to do is use that backbone to force Sally2 to do her job and design.

Coco and RJ look cute together, but he's a terrible actor, so I feel sorry for Courtney Grosbeck being wasted and having to carry water for Slouchy.

bold-tall-coco-spectra.jpg

Adorable, and those eyes!

This is a short film Courtney was in ... Call to Heroes ft. Stan Lee

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm fine with an 18 year old and a 16 year old dating.  It happens fairly often, and there are a number of states where any physical relationship wouldn't even be illegal, either because the age of consent is 16, or because they have "Romeo & Juliet" exemptions from their statutory rape laws where a couple who is within two years of each other isn't considered a violation. 

I have never heard of the "Romeo & Juliet" ruling before till I saw the last Transformers movie and Michael Bay wasted 3 minutes on this with two characters and he had a card in his wallet he used to say to the father of the female lead character that they can legally date.

Oh and thank you Cupid filling me in about Maya.  I had no idea about that backstory, and had assumed she was a female character but the writers had just changed their mind and turned her male.

Edited by Coco Pops 67
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I have to say, I'm a little mad at you for keeping that one to yourself for so long.  It's perfect. 

I remember even around 10 years or so ago, when I used to have an US Weekly subscription, they always had a feature after major awards show where they'd have like 4 or 5 actresses' looks from the night along with a guide to where to get the knockoff look.  The knockoff looks were always pretty clearly knockoffs - they were the same essential style, but not exact replicas.  I think that there has always been an element of similarity among different lines, especially with lower end lines incorporating a certain element from higher end lines, but making it their own version.  The first example of how not to do it that comes to mind is the stories about Ivanka Trump's shoe line.  There's a red shoe I remember seeing in one of the stories that is almost a carbon copy of another line's shoe.  Had she simply taken one element of the shoe design, like the kind of fluffy accent over the toe strap, and then designed an entirely different shoe around it, I don't think the other company would have an argument.  She could simply say that her designers identified that element as a potential upcoming trend, and they decided to do their own take on it.  But, the shoe is also nearly identical in heel and ankle strap designs, so it's really hard to argue that it's not a rip off.  

I think it would be a better idea for the show, instead of going with outright stolen designs, to have Spectra get a peek at the FC line and merely lift certain elements into their own designs.  Current day Sally is supposed to actually have some design talent, so it would make sense that she'd prefer to put her own spin on the trends the FC line is creating than to just outright copy their exact designs.  Then you'd have Steffy having tantrums over them "stealing" from FC, but there would be nothing she could really do about it (beyond proving that someone was stealing their designs to provide them to Spectra).  Then we could maybe have instances where the Spectra take on something is selling better than FC's version.  (Which would also make Steffy's head explode.) 

There's no real rooting value for the Spectra gang to succeed if all they're doing is copying designs outright, and I'm not really interested in watching that.  But something more gray, where Spectra's designs are truly their own designs, with trends FC has forecast incorporated into them, would be a better story.  

From my own personal point of view, though, I would have never considered dating a 16 year old boy when I was 18.  No way.  I wasn't even really thrilled with boys my own age at that point, and preferred guys in the 19-22 range, but 16?  They'd have to be an exceptionally mature 16 year old.  

Age of consent is 18 in CA. Relations between an 18 year old and a 16 year old is a misdemeanor but if she is 19, than it would be a felony.  I admit, my dislike for RJ is skewing my thoughts, but at any level a relationship with RJ and Coco would make me barf.  One useless young boring as shit young couple is more than enough. 

• Love 4

The actor playing RJ isn't that bad but I do see a little more promise in Courtney. RJ (sorry, I don't know his real name yet) has really long arms. He's always putting them in his pocket because they'd be hanging so long. Hopefully, he'll grow an inch or two in height to make him more comfortable. Right now, I think he's a little nervous with all of these tall people. LOL!!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Brooke was dubbed the Golden Cooter for the power it seems to hold over all the men she didn't give birth to, including the once mighty Stallion.

OMG that was funny thank you Anna.....

My prefered nickname for Brooke is "used car" because everyone has had a drive, and her transmission is not quite worn out and she still gives good mileage.

• Love 4

Slouchy seems to be standing a little taller and straighter now that Coco's on the scene.  Pfffttt ...  He's more tolerable in this SL (not much) but he needs to calm down. It's like he's trying w-a-a-y too hard and I don't mean portraying RJ's obvious attraction to Coco. I'll just say it. I don't enjoy watching him.

I was so disappointed to see the return of Ambien and ZZZZquil. (I definitely don't enjoy watching those two no matter what.) Those honeymoon photos were so obviously fake.  I just hate the smugness of the Avant sisters. Maya's, "There are perks to being married to a Forrester!" Har! Har! Har!  Speaking of, when everybody left the room so Rick and Thomas could vet Coco, why did Maya stick around? When would a model at a fashion house have any involvement in hiring interns? Guess Rick needed her there to keep his balls in close proximity ... kinda like how Liam is with Steffy.

When RJ was crawling, I recall that he and Brooke were kicked out of Ridge's house because Taylor was resurrected and RJ and Hope were shuttled back and forth between Brooke's house and Nick's Shady Marlin boat.  The kids were so confused that one day when Brooke said, "Daddy," one of them asked, "Daddy Ridge or Daddy Nick?" RJ also accidentally set Brooke's living room on fire when he was playing with one of Nick's lighters. Nope. He definitely was not crawling around the halls at FC 

In reading the comments on lipstick-gate. I wonder if Charlie did indeed notice lipstick (that wasn't Brooke's) on Ridge's mouth and that's why he retrieved the tissue from the wastebasket.  Something compelled him to turn back and look down the hallway at Ridge and Quinn after he let them out of the powder room.  That's when he saw Qunn wiping off Ridge's mouth with the tissue.

ITA with what everybody else has said about the Spectra knock-off idea. And it is an idea that is well past its time.  There are tons of ways that they can generate a quickie copycat collection from literally any designer and not compromise Coco's internship or Sally's budding relationship with Thomas.  And BTW, how is Coco supposed to steal the designs? You can surely bet that all cell phones will be banned from any areas of the company where there are sketches and designs in progress. I'm truly surprised that interns would even have that level of access.  But then again, look who we're talking about here ...

@KerleyQ: I remember seeing those "day after" awards show magazine articles and the design house that comes to mind is ABS. They would promise to have renditions of the actresses' dresses available within weeks and yep, right around prom time! Ah, memories!!

@Coco Pops 67: Another nickname for Brooke and one that Stephanie had actually called her to her face as "Forrester family mattress!"

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, grisgris said:

@Coco Pops 67: Another nickname for Brooke and one that Stephanie had actually called her to her face as "Forrester family mattress!"

Haha I had no idea someone had said it to her face on the show haha........ Brilliant.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, grisgris said:

@Coco Pops 67: Another nickname for Brooke and one that Stephanie had actually called her to her face as "Forrester family mattress

The only problem I have with that is no one on this show ever fuck on a mattress. ?

30 minutes ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

My prefered nickname for Brooke is "used car" because everyone has had a drive, and her transmission is not quite worn out and she still gives good mileage.

So basically,  a Honda Civic Acura TL. ?

(I work at Acura, at I've lost track of the TL lessees I've called who love that car and are disappointed that it was discontinued for the TLX. Many bought out their leases, and I don't blame them when the cars run like the Energizer bunny. BMW, take notes).

• Love 4
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

The only problem I have with that is no one on this show ever fuck on a mattress. ?

So basically,  a Honda Civic Acura TL. ?

(I work at Acura, at I've lost track of the TL lessees I've called who love that car and are disappointed that it was discontinued for the TLX. Many bought out their leases, and I don't blame them when the cars run like the Energizer bunny. BMW, take notes).

That mattress comment is funny. :D

Now you have me looking up pictures of Brooke when she modelled in red lingerie. Not bad at all for an older woman.. How old was KKL when this was done? She looks very good. Boner inducing.

Edited by Coco Pops 67
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Brooke was dubbed the Golden Cooter for the power it seems to hold over all the men she didn't give birth to, including the once mighty Stallion.

4 hours ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

OMG that was funny thank you Anna.....

I my home town they called "that girl" the town bike.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

Oh and thank you Cupid filling me in about Maya.  I had no idea about that backstory, and had assumed she was a female character but the writers had just changed their mind and turned her male.

I don't think they created Maya as transgender originally when she was added to the cast; she was pretty, mildly talented and had a nice singing voice. Brad Bell needed something for Show to be MUST SEE SOAP TV! (and jack up viewer numbers) and creating angst, tension and conflict of a transgender FC lead model for a relatively new character was the way to go. With the transgender SL came Nicole, Julius, and Vivienne, with a whole host of Avant family conflict.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 4

My one trans female friend watched B&B for the Maya story. Being unfamiliar with the rest of Maya and Rick's history and the terror they reigned on everyone, she found the story to be enjoyable and didn't mind how quickly Rick forgave her. Given my friend's own story of coming out in her mid-forties, in rural Mississippi of all places, I don't begrudge her escapist fantasy. 

Too bad Bell has done nothing to continue the momentum he got from that story. I doubt anyone stuck around to watch Steffy trample over Ivy when she came back or....fuck, what else *did* happen in 2015? Hope left, Caroline/Ridge and....

Yeah, that season was a bust. :(

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

Yeah those two look like a cute couple....... Put them together and we'll have teen angstiness......  

Yup, and just in time for the seasonal summer teen scenes.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I don't think they created Maya as transgender originally when she was added to the cast; she was pretty, mildly talented and had a nice singing voice. Brad Bell needed something for Show to be MUST SEE SOAP TV! (and jack up viewer numbers) and creating angst, tension and conflict of a transgender FC lead model for a relatively new character was the way to go. With the transgender SL came Nicole, Julius, and Vivienne, with a whole host of Avant family conflict.

Oh yeah actually I do remember her singing. But that's about it.

BTW I'll add Sasha to my lust list..... She's kinda hot too.

So far it's

Katie, Ivy, Sasha, Donna, and Maya

• Love 1

Karla Mosley was making the ugliest smug face yesterday. She just has a werid smile face, too It's not like she can do anything about it since it's her normal facial expression. I couldn't take her in any of the Cocco scenes. They don't seem to know how to write for her. Is she supposed to be a snob or biotch? Either way, she annoys me.

• Love 4
(edited)

....Moms Mabley, Joan Collins & Ruth Bader Ginsberg.....

Cupid Stunt...I had to jump ahead to applaud your taste in heroes!  Amen and I'll add Betty White to that list......

Oh yeah....we used to call the loose girl back in the day a 'doorknob' 'cause everybody takes a turn......

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Love 3
(edited)

*Le sigh* 

Nicole and Zende are back. I have never seen more badly Photoshopped pictures. They couldn't make a quick jaunt down to Malibu on their personal time and take some selfies together? And that wig is just awful. Please, somebody call Beyonce's wig maker and get this child a proper lacefront or a professional sew-in with a mink, lace, or whatever kind of closure so that it looks natural. My daughters have natural hair, so I understand all about protective styling and not wanting to cause heat damage and breakage to your hair, but that's where a good sew-in or wig comes in handy! Put them on the back burner already.

I hate Maya and Rick equal amounts. Pleaseeeeeeeeee send them the Paris.

I'm already over this Coco stealing for Spectra crap. I hope she doesn't do it. Did they magically age RJ up to be like 18? Did he graduate over the winter break? How is he in charge of the interns and working at Forrester? I could've sworn he was there for a visit. Admittedly, I do like him and Thomas. It IS refreshing to see two brothers getting along--for now.

I'm so glad Steffy wasn't on the screen yesterday. The CEO position has went to her head. The other day she walked in looking like the next feature on--God rest her soul--Joan River's B!tch Stole My Look with that mess on her head looking like Pebbles without the bone, and she had the nerve to harp on and on about how untalented Sally is and how she wouldn't survive and blah blah blah. Then, she was criticising Thomas' designs. Umm. When you stop stealing Pebbles' look and applying your make-up with a butterknife, then she can have input on a design. And those pretty dresses he sketches are one way that keeps that million dollar salary rolling to you. Ugh. She annoys me. How is she hailed as some type of fashion icon and the CEO of an international company? Please let her and Liam take an extended vacay--honeymoon--off our screens.

And Quinn. WTF is wrong with her? You've been caught by Ivy, and you still can't stop kissing Ridge? I knew she'd manage to blow it. As quickly as she rose to the top, her downfall will be even faster. Did she miss the part in the prenup that likely had an infidelity clause? She claimed she loved Eric soooo much and wouldn't do anything to wreck it. Well, sister, you're on the fast track. It pisses me off that she had the nerve to threaten Katie if she kept circling around Eric, and she can't keep her lips to herself. What a hypocrite. See? This is why some folks can't have nice things and nice people in their lives.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

and she had the nerve the harp on and on about how untalented Sally is and how she wouldn't survive and blah blah blah.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

To track Steffy's l33t bzns skillz, she began working in the mail room with Marcus, spent half of 2009 being manipulated by Uncle Rick, was gifted a PR position by Bill after he took over,  spent the whole of 2010 taking the piss at the Logans for "stealing" her legacy, tried to ride the Stallion to get the shares back (which to her marginal credit, she did get back...I forgot all the details), modeled for the revived Brooke's Bedroom line, and at some point I remember her being president or VP briefly before Rick went psychotic.

Yeah, you go girl! Look at all of that shit you earned on your own!

ef36c195d8f4e91ff137a83d5db19573608b8da78e405f54dbd2a93fe2eb1020.jpg

Oh yeah, and Taylor gave all her shares to Steffy in 2011 over Thomas, who threw a bitch fit. Because of course he did.

Yeah, she can go take a seat calling out anyone for creativity.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

*Le sigh* 

Nicole and Zende are back. I have never seen more badly Photoshopped pictures. They couldn't make a quick jaunt down to Malibu on their personal time and take some selfies together? And that wig is just awful. Please, somebody call Beyonce's wig maker and get this child a proper lacefront or a professional sew-in with a mink, lace, or whatever kind of closure so that it looks natural. My daughters have natural hair, so I understand all about protective styling and not wanting to cause heat damage and breakage to your hair, but that's where a good sew-in or wig comes in handy! Put them on the back burner already.

I hate Maya and Rick equal amounts. Pleaseeeeeeeeee send them the Paris.

I'm already over this Coco stealing for Spectra crap. I hope she doesn't do it. Did they magically age RJ up to be like 18? Did he graduate over the winter break? How is he in charge of the interns and working at Forrester? I could've sworn he was there for a visit. Admittedly, I do like him and Thomas. It IS refreshing to see two brothers getting along--for now.

I'm so glad Steffy wasn't on the screen yesterday. The CEO position has went to her head. The other day she walked in looking like the next feature on--God rest her soul--Joan River's B!tch Stole My Look with that mess on her head looking like Pebbles without the bone, and she had the nerve to harp on and on about how untalented Sally is and how she wouldn't survive and blah blah blah. Then, she was criticising Thomas' designs. Umm. When you stop stealing Pebbles' look and applying your make-up with a butterknife, then she can have input on a design. And those pretty dresses he sketches are one way that keeps that million dollar salary rolling to you. Ugh. She annoys me. How is she hailed as some type of fashion icon and the CEO of an international company? Please let her and Liam take an extended vacay--honeymoon--off our screens.

And Quinn. WTF is wrong with her? You've been caught by Ivy, and you still can't stop kissing Ridge? I knew she'd manage to blow it. As quickly as she rose to the top, her downfall will be even faster. Did she miss the part in the prenup that likely had an infidelity clause? She claimed she loved Eric soooo much and wouldn't do anything to wreck it. Well, sister, you're on the fast track. It pisses me off that she had the nerve to threaten Katie if she kept circling around Eric, and she can't keep her lips to herself. What a hypocrite. See? This is why some folks can't have nice things and nice people in their lives.

At least, the two "actors" could have gone to the beach, took a selfie & sent it to B&B like in 2 seconds.

• Love 5

Oh, $Bill, everyone knows that when someone looks like you do, s/he should don his/her birthday suit on his/her actual birthday. Now, since you missed it today, we'll let it slide & you can make it up to us tomorrow, but be sure to mark it in your calendar for next year, with a reminder 2 weeks in advance, like I do with my dentist appointments. 

• Love 4

The attendance at these FC meetings never make sense. Today we have in attendance a security guard, 2 interns (where were the rest?), a model and a receptionist who never takes notes. Carter (lawyer) used to sit in as well. Why?

• Love 7

WTF once again with Charlie being in the meeting. It's bad enough Pam is there but Charlie?  Shouldn't he be watching LDG?  I thought that Maya and Rick were insufferable but Zende and Nicole are going to be even worse.  

Yes it's very strange that Quinn and Ridge are getting along but it's not strange that Nicole took Zende back. Hey people perspectives do change.  

Who is Brooke to Charlie and why out of the clear blue sky is he worried about her?  Charlie is a Barnie Fife who thinks he's the best thing to walk the halls of FC. Hey Charlie, lipstick is not proof a condom or KY Jelly could be. Tell Brooke without any proof and Charlie would be out on his self righteous ass. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

Oh, $Bill, everyone knows that when someone looks like you do, s/he should don his/her birthday suit on his/her actual birthday. Now, since you missed it today, we'll let it slide & you can make it up to us tomorrow, but be sure to mark it in your calendar for next year, with a reminder 2 weeks in advance, like I do with my dentist appointments. 

I second this :)

• Love 5

Not that I missed Steffy today but shouldn't the CEO be in meetings about sales?  That makes more sense than having Maya or Charlie there. (Do people still have notetakers at meetings these days?  I mean my 20-something boss looks at me like I'm weird if I take my Post-It pad and pen to her desk when she wants to show me something.) At least Pam wasn't trying to force-feed lemon bars to everybody.

It seems a bit suspicious that "expendable" characters like Ivy and Charlie are the ones who are going to bust this wide open.  Maybe Quinn will finally crack wide open once she's exposed and end up either killing or causing the death of somebody.  Charlie's death could generate a really strong SL for Pam but my guess is that Ivy would be the one to get killed off.  IF the story goes that route. What I guess is going to happen is that Quinn will get a slap on the wrist from Eric. However, Ridge will be ousted from FC (maybe land at Spectra?) and Brooke will kick Ridge to the curb.

OK. I don't understand why the hot air balloon is being used as the "launch" of Brill.  IIRC, the Aspen trip was a miserable experience for everybody. Didn't Brooke and Bill got there on some wild goose chase thinking that Katie was there? I recall Bill being worried sick and in an awful mood. Brooke, while being equally worried about her sister, was also trying to placate him. Sound like romance and fun? Wasn't Will even there with them? (I might have my Aspen stories mixed up.) Katie is the one who secretly arranged the balloon ride and it took a LOT of persuading for him to even go. The "romantic" stroll down the leaf-strewn path was more like Bill complacently stomping along with Brooke and not saying a whole lot.  I sure didn't pick up on any sparks flying.

Hair question: What is a weave? I hear black women refer to weaves and white women wigs. What's the difference?  Whatever name it's going by, what Nicole's wearing isn't working. It's too far back on her head and the color doesn't agree with her skin tone or the color of clothing she was wearing today.

Brooke: Somebody has been reading here again, I swear. Her hair looked significantly better today and it is very obvious that she's had some kind of extensions put in. It looked great from the front, but from the back she still had it divided and pulled over her shoulders (when now there is no need to) and I could see pieces of shorter hair sticking out where it was separated from the extensions. The color is much much better. I thought she looked amazing today with her makeup and attire. A+.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

Hair question: What is a weave? I hear black women refer to weaves and white women wigs. What's the difference?  Whatever name it's going by, what Nicole's wearing isn't working. It's too far back on her head and the color doesn't agree with her skin tone or the color of clothing she was wearing today.

Brooke: Somebody has been reading here again, I swear. Her hair looked significantly better today and it is very obvious that she's had some kind of extensions put in. It looked great from the front, but from the back she still had it divided and pulled over her shoulders (when now there is no need to) and I could see pieces of shorter hair sticking out where it was separated from the extensions. The color is much much better. I thought she looked amazing today with her makeup and attire. A+.

Hair answer from black female who never wore either:  Wig is a cap with hair attached to it. Thus you can adjust it to wear it right or crooked. Weave/Extensions are pieces of hair attached to your scalp via clips to create an illusion of fullness or length. I know this from family/friends. Don't rightly know what the fuck Nicole is wearing. Hope this helps....

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

My one trans female friend watched B&B for the Maya story. Being unfamiliar with the rest of Maya and Rick's history and the terror they reigned on everyone, she found the story to be enjoyable and didn't mind how quickly Rick forgave her. Given my friend's own story of coming out in her mid-forties, in rural Mississippi of all places, I don't begrudge her escapist fantasy. 

Too bad Bell has done nothing to continue the momentum he got from that story. I doubt anyone stuck around to watch Steffy trample over Ivy when she came back or....fuck, what else *did* happen in 2015? Hope left, Caroline/Ridge and....

Yeah, that season was a bust. :(

It's disappointing that after so many years, that Brad Bell can't or won't go beyond his father's file cabinet -- old-school reincarnated Spectra internecine warfare with the Forrester's, B&B traditional triangle anti-romance charades, Brooke stringing two men along for the best option to turn up heads and Ridge lying and clawing his way through his family to be the last man standing at Forrester Creations -- How many times do we have to watch the same tired storylines with the same tired characters?

TIIC don't write fashion cycle business SLs; they wouldn't be writing any fashion SLs if Spectra Fashions hadn't been recast.

I can't watch the same scene for the 173rd time -- Brooke pledging her troth to $Bill and in the same breath tell him she still intends to marry Ridge.

I'm sorry ... When I'm more interested in Coco not being sucked under in the Spectra/Forrester war (she's been on barely a handful of episodes) -- something is missing.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, grisgris said:

OK. I don't understand why the hot air balloon is being used as the "launch" of Brill.  IIRC, the Aspen trip was a miserable experience for everybody. Didn't Brooke and Bill got there on some wild goose chase thinking that Katie was there? I recall Bill being worried sick and in an awful mood. Brooke, while being equally worried about her sister, was also trying to placate him. Sound like romance and fun? Wasn't Will even there with them? (I might have my Aspen stories mixed up.) Katie is the one who secretly arranged the balloon ride and it took a LOT of persuading for him to even go. The "romantic" stroll down the leaf-strewn path was more like Bill complacently stomping along with Brooke and not saying a whole lot.  I sure didn't pick up on any sparks flying.

They use that because Brill has had no true romance, ever. They became close in Aspen, had some flirtation they tried to fight for six months, then fucked when Katie caught on about their emotional affair, and they barely even waited for her to get to her car to do so. Then Brooke got pregnant and Taylor outed it, because Taylor and Brill fizzled out until they decided to revisit this.

Joy. ?

Shit, I think Brooke and Deacon had more romantic moments than she's ever shared with Bill.

• Love 4