Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And shirtless...starts about 50 seconds in.  Poor guy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, but who cares???

So cheesy. Best acting Ronnnnnn Moss has ever done aka no dialogue. What's up with the loud music, could barely hear the conversation. Thanks BYTOR!

• Love 5

I actually liked Clayton's Thorne compared to Jeff Trachta's version of Thorne. I know the Thorne & Macy was a popular duo with Jeff & Bobbie but I thought Clayton Norcross was more macho compared to Jeff. That said, that was over 25 years ago. It's weird how all 3 versions of Thorne took a back seat to Ridge and Ronn Moss.

Some Thorne info:

Thorne Forrester is a fictional character on CBS soap opera The Bold and the Beautiful. The character has been played by Winsor Harmon since December 1996; previously, the role was played by Clayton Norcross from the show's premier in 1987 until 1989, by Jeff Trachta from 1989 until 1996 and Winsor Harmon from 1996.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

Gosh, I wish they'd give Brooke a strong story line. She's wasted on this show for sure. I really don't know why she's still on B&B because all she does is sit in her kitchen, simper with Ridge/Bill/Eric and cry the one tear down one cheek. She has no life, no job, no backbone, nothing interesting going on in her life. The only spark we've seen from her was when she yelled at Katie recently. I know she doesn't write the show but she could walk out if they don't start writing something decent for her. Guess not.

• Love 4

I, too, and frustrated by the way Brooke is portrayed these days.  Her smug confidence about marrying Ridge (again) worked back in the day when she could flaunt it to Taylor and Stephanie but actually nobody in the present group could GAF really ... except Bill ... Even Steffy has accepted the marriage and RJ now can't be bothered to attend the wedding he manipulated encouraged.. So yes, it comes across as arrogance and as also has been stated, like she is actually trying to remind/convince herself that this is the right thing to do. I guess it is for RJ, but that's about it.

Maybe KKL is now simply riding out her golden years on the soap. I'm sure that she knows that B&B (as well as other daytime dramas) aren't going to be around much longer. This could be her way of stepping aside gracefully and allowing the younger generation to develop (not that they will be have much shelf life.) At least she isn't fighting and threatening to quit (or quitting!) about not being the leading lady. (It makes me swallow hard/gag to realize that now Steffy has that title.) If KKL's getting a steady paycheck and has a flexible schedule, she probably doesn't care, therefore, she's not fighting the SLs thrown at her.

• Love 11
53 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Her smug confidence about marrying Ridge (again) worked back in the day when she could flaunt it to Taylor and Stephanie but actually nobody in the present group could GAF really

You hit it on the nail. There's nothing to prove, no real enemy to go up against. The real love story of B&B has never been Bridge or even Stephanie/Ridge but Brooke fighting for Stephanie's acceptance into the family. Considering her biggest living detractors  (Steffy and Rick) are like whatevs , theres nothing to prove but to herself.

KKL has her kaftan collection, which is her biggest baby right now:

https://katherinekellylangkaftans.com/

She mentioned in one interview that she travels to Sydney four times a year for that business, so she'll be set once B&B inevitably ends. If I were her, I'd chill too.

• Love 6

This is so true - Brooke as a character has always come alive not primarily through her pairing with various men, but through her interactions with the women who oppose her relationships with those men. She needs a strong female nemesis to really thrive. I think that is the main reason why Brooke's character started losing her central place in B&B the minute they killed off Stephanie - it was Stephanie, not Ridge, who was Brooke's most significant relationship on the show.

Yes, there were attempts in recent years to let other women take Stephanie's place in relation to Brooke, most notably Katie. But it was never the same thing since Brooke and Katie are sisters, which always makes the eventual reconciliation just a matter of time. Katie can get mad at Brooke, but she's never allowed to STAY mad at her.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Videnbas said:

She needs a strong female nemesis to really thrive.

Absofuckinglutely.

Seriously, the 30-year supercouple of this show was Brooke and Stephanie.  Ridge/Eric/Thorne were just incidental.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

You hit it on the nail. There's nothing to prove, no real enemy to go up against. The real love story of B&B has never been Bridge or even Stephanie/Ridge but Brooke fighting for Stephanie's acceptance into the family. Considering her biggest living detractors  (Steffy and Rick) are like whatevs , theres nothing to prove but to herself.

KKL has her kaftan collection, which is her biggest baby right now:

https://katherinekellylangkaftans.com/

She mentioned in one interview that she travels to Sydney four times a year for that business, so she'll be set once B&B inevitably ends. If I were her, I'd chill too.

Her hair is on point on her website. Can we hire the same stylist for B&B?

• Love 8
16 hours ago, grisgris said:

If KKL's getting a steady paycheck and has a flexible schedule, she probably doesn't care, therefore, she's not fighting the SLs thrown at her.

Actually in an interview a few years ago, KKL said pretty much exactly this (along with the fact that she lives near the studio so doesn't have a bad commute).

• Love 5

Well, that explains everything. I guess she just squeezes her acting gigs into the rest of her life. If that suits her, it suits me. I just hate that the character, Brooke, who's been such an integral part of this show for so many years has been reduced to a spineless, jobless, lifeless woman. Of course, if they hired another actress to play the part, people would rebel and boycott the show. No matter really. B&B won't be on the air much longer anyway so I guess we'll enjoy it while we can. 

• Love 5

I don't know why they can't make better use of the time she's on? Brooke should have moved on from her self serving destiny crap a long time ago, and that includes Brill 1.0. She could also have a spine regarding RJ and yell him to go fuck off playing matchmaker. Since she and Steffy are cool now, maybe she could be a mentor to her, since neither of her own daughters are on the canvas right now.

Lots of ideas that don't involve KKL being front and center.

• Love 5

Oh, geez ... where to even begin with that bunch. How about NONE of them looked good. Ashley Jones and Kim Matula looked the best. Lesli Kay looked good but had an unfortunate stain on her green dress. Anna Marie Horsford looked the absolute worst followed (in no particular order): Lauralee Bell, Bobbie Eakes, Linsey Godrey and JMW was probably the closest  runner-up in that horrible Dracula-meets Elvira-meets Hell's Angels. Seriously, that zippered leather number looked like a coffin, especially with the tacky red lining. . Ashleigh's dress was too drab and somber' unflattering and washed her out.  She needed something bright and sexy and fun to show off her beauty and figure. John McCook looked good and what a glaring absence of Hunter Tylo!  I did not recognize Amber. I hate to be mean and sexist but she did hasn't aged very well. Maybe an update with the hair color (take a cue from KKL) and makeup would help.

Back to the show: I don't think that Brooke (or KKL) need to be put out to pasture or replaced. The character of Brooke has been defined by her being a scrappy dreamer with brains, body and beauty, who clawed her way out of "the valley" to become somebody. For quite some time now, there has been nobody for her to have to prove herself to or gain acceptance/approval from. She already has it.  Unless a full-blown Eric/Quinn/Brooke/Ridge QoD manifests where she actively battles Quinn for Ridge, there is nothing. I doubt that is going to happen because I believe that once Quidge blows that Eric is going to divorce Quinn and disown Ridge.  I will be greatly disappointed if Brooke would draw swords with Quinn for that loser after she learns the truth and receives a double helping of lemonade when she has to admit that Katie was right all along.  I think the plan is for: Quinn/Ridge, Brooke/Bill, Eric/Katie. (I know, barf!)  I think that the old Brooke going up against Quinn would certainly be more interesting and better for KKL but I don't see that happening. I hope I'm wrong.

I find that odd that KKL has a line of caftans. With everybody in SoCal being so thin/body conscious, I am not sure who would buy her frocks that seem more geared towards those who prefer to conceal their figures. I also noticed that the designs and patterns all had Dubai in their names. Maybe there is a niche for women who frequently have to travel to Arab countries. KKL needs to get together with Kyle Richards. Ha! Ha! She likes to wear caftans on RHoBH and on one episode she gave her friends caftans as gifts to wear in Dubai. Kyle could sell them in her store.  Quite some time ago, KKL put her name on a line of Italian knit goods, mainly sweaters. I don't know if that's still going on or not. She is smart to diversify but I always picture her as going into some type of business that catered to the equestrian crowd. Maybe caftans do!

• Love 6

I was waiting for a wardrobe malfunction with Thomas' towel. I think we were very close to seeing the full Manland. 

'I hope this is the last show with the silly airline couple.  It's beyond silly and useless in terms of storyline.  

• Love 7

For anyone that might be interested the B & B cast will be on Family Fued this week here in Australia.......

Such a lame show to guest on but oh well... At least there's nice people to look at.  KKL does  some amazing over acting.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

I was waiting for a wardrobe malfunction with Thomas' towel. I think we were very close to seeing the full Manland. 

'I hope this is the last show with the silly airline couple.  It's beyond silly and useless in terms of storyline.  

Thomas was trying to do his best Tarzan impersonation with the towel around his loins. Believe me, Thomas is no Alexander Skarsgard. Not even close. Talking about wardrobe choices, Steffy is no Quinn. Quinn dresses flawlessly giving the impression she's young and fresh while Steffy dresses like an older woman trying to dress to make herself look younger.  For me, today's is proof positive that Steffy does not have implants.  Hey Steffy, Nicole wants her wig back.  All in all, Steffy was trying to do her best Cher impression. 

Katie is closing in on Liam's record of STFU days. 

• Love 7

Waldo, you are so right about the clothing choices.   Quinn's outfits are all gorgeous and she always looks beautiful.  I covet her jewelry along with her clothes.  Steffy tries too hard to be.....I don't know what she's trying to be, but if she's trying for sexy, she's not anywhere close.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, grisgris said:

JMW was probably the closest  runner-up in that horrible Dracula-meets Elvira-meets Hell's Angels.

I hate to say this, but maybe that horrible black getup from her last Liam wedding is from her personal closet!  

• Love 4

Have they officially changed the name of the soap from Bold and Beautiful to The Cheap and the Trashy?   There is no reason for Ivy's dress to be barely covering her breasts, and what the hell was Sally wearing?  It looked like a baby onsey, the kind where you have ruffles on the butt of the little panties.  Maybe she and Thomas can have a play date in a playpen.   

For the love of God Ridge, it's your daughter's wedding.  Dress up, wash and comb your hair and put on a tie, you lazy fool. 

And what was with the tuxes worn by Liam and $Bill?  They looked like a cheap comedy team from the 1950's in Vegas.  Dean and Jerry, anyone?   

So, why the weepy from Steffy and Dirty Ridge?  Sheesh, it's not like it's her first rodeo, so crying is so passé. And when she's on her 14th wedding, what will she do?   Parachute from the International Space Station?  I mean, we all know they aren't going to be happily ever after.  

• Love 20

Did Anna Marie Horsford wear the fitted sheet from the bed? That was unbelievably horrible. I just can't believe she looked in the mirror and thought "Yep, I'm ready!".

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Did Anna Marie Horsford wear the fitted sheet from the bed? That was unbelievably horrible. I just can't believe she looked in the mirror and thought "Yep, I'm ready!".

Me neither. That is by far the worst fashion disaster I've seen on any B&B actress not named Jacqueline McInnis Wood. At a certain weight, the billowy dress just isn't flattering. At least get a fashion belt to wear with it!

• Love 5

Two things:  When has Ivy and Steffy become BFFs and when did Ivy become a model something she has rejected in the past?  

Ivy is a Wowza and Steffy is a Bowza. 

Line of the day from Eric "We have a lot of weddings in this family". Do you think?  

Steffy, epic fail, your zip line entrance made you looked more like a witch than a bride.  The only thing missing was green make-up and a pointed hat. 

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Steffy, epic fail, your zip line entrance made you looked more like a witch than a bride.

::sputters:: Zip line entrance? Oh for the love of waffles.

Then again given that a motorcycle accident broke them up the last time, she couldn't pull that 'edgy' entrance again.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

::sputters:: Zip line entrance? Oh for the love of waffles.

Then again given that a motorcycle accident broke them up the last time, she couldn't pull that 'edgy' entrance again.

She should've set up a jump ramp and waterskiied over one of the Great Whites that make Sydney it's home.

Bonus points if she landed in the shark' s jaws.

• Love 19
Just now, Anna Yolei said:

She should've set up a jump ramp and waterskiied over one of the Great Whites that make Sydney it's home.

Bonus points if she landed in the shark' s jaws.

So Morgan's plan of making everyone think Steffy was eaten by a shark all those years ago was a future truth instead of a lie?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Two things:  When has Ivy and Steffy become BFFs and when did Ivy become a model something she has rejected in the past?   

Steffy and Ivy have no clear reason to be besties. No one explained why Ivy was involved in the photo shoot when FC has Maya as lead model and Sasha as junior model. My guess is that it's due to the destination wedding theme.

Ivy is a Wowza and Steffy is a Bowza. 

If you're talking about the photo shoot gowns: The bodice of Steffy's gown was seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction. Ivy's gown was twee, but not horrible. Other than Quinn, the women's wedding fashions were cringe-worthy. Sally in a cut-work baby-blue romper? <urp> Oh honey, no.

Line of the day from Eric "We have a lot of weddings in this family". Do you think?  

With a corresponding number of divorces, annulments and convenient moves out of Los Angeles.

Steffy, epic fail, your zip line entrance made you looked more like a witch than a bride.  The only thing missing was green make-up and a pointed hat. 

When she told Liam she couldn't wait to fly into his arms, I was expecting her to parachute into the ceremony.

Imagine my disappointment ...

• Love 11

Steffy's zip line had no zip, she can add this entrance right next to the world's slowest motorcycle entrance.

What were all those curlers in Steffy's hair for ?

Ivy's two best gal pals have tried to kill her, she's the most forgiving person ever.

I'm surprised Thomas wore a shirt to the wedding.

Saul doesn't like Sally doing something underhanded, but if it's Coco........

If there's no Carter is it really a wedding ?

• Love 18

This was the sorriest, most embarrassing wedding of all of S & L's multiple weddings. Almost no guests, S flying into the site on a zip line (although I think that was a stunt woman because they didn't show a close up until she landed next to Ridge), Sally S attending in some kind of onesie getup to ruin the wedding, etc, etc, etc. After the tremendous build up, it was a real disappointment. Boo on you, B & B. Oh, and the FAKE astonishment on all of the guests' faces! Just when I think this show can't get any worse, it does. 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Steffy and Ivy have no clear reason to be besties. No one explained why Ivy was involved in the photo shoot when FC has Maya as lead model and Sasha as junior model. My guess is that it's due to the destination wedding theme.

If you're talking about the photo shoot gowns: The bodice of Steffy's gown was seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction. Ivy's gown was twee, but not horrible. Other than Quinn, the women's wedding fashions were cringe-worthy. Sally in a cut-work baby-blue romper? <urp> Oh honey, no.

With a corresponding number of divorces, annulments and convenient moves out of Los Angeles.

When she told Liam she couldn't wait to fly into his arms, I was expecting her to parachute into the ceremony.

Imagine my disappointment ...

I wasn't talking about their dresses more or less but how Steffy pails, in her overall appearance, to Ivy. Stature, dress, hair, make up etc. Only Quinn and Ivy are on equal terms in beauty and grace but overall Quinn is the queen of hair, make up, and dress. 

I was also expecting an airdrop with a crash and burn interrupting yet another Forester wedding. 

• Love 11

Oh, yeah! You nailed it, trick nasty. And her makeup in her hotel room looked much better than the long fake eyelashes at the wedding. This was just so damn sad. What were the producers thinking when they planned this? And at great expense going to Australia! It could have been so, so, so much better. 

• Love 3

I also thought Steffy was going to parachute into the wedding. I was underwhelmed by her zip line entrance. I also felt bad for the actors having to react to the zip line entrance. How embarrassing! Steffy dress looks like a white version of her black one that she rode the motorcycle in. I agree on Sally's romper. When she was in the hotel room (on the CBS set) I thought surely she was going to change when Thomas started stripping again but she didn't. They showed up at the wedding and I was shocked. It was cheap looking. I know Spectra is supposed to be cheap but couldn't they have dressed her? I thought Ivy looked pretty in the Greek goddess dress. I do have to say the opening sequence of Steffy & Ivy modeling with the music on the steps of the Opera House was beautifully done. Their dresses were show stoppers. I wondering if they brought them over or picked them up in Australia. I guess they would have to have been fitted before hand and bought in LA. I actually liked Steffys rose inspired dress & Ivy's flowered dress. Simply stunning! See! I can give a compliment. LOL!!!

• Love 8

Ha! Ha! Ha! That was HILARIOUS! That flowery girly swing on the zip line was so NOT Steffy. That entrance reminded me of 1) Either a bad 80s music video scene or 2) one of those old commercials, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature." (anybody?)  In this case, she definitely did fool many as her grand arrivals was less than spectacular.  When Steffy was walking down the aisle and gave Sally the side-eye, I was kind of hoping she would have had a full-blown meltdown and stopped the action right then and there and thrown Sally out of the wedding.  That said, why would family members be sternly cautioned against taking photos or videos?  Trust issues, anyone? I'd certainly think that S&L would want that debacle captured so they can canoodle over it with a shared bag of truffle fries at a later date,

Many unanswered questions ... If Maya is FC's lead model, then shouldn't she have been the one pirouetting around on the steps? (I mean, we KNOW why, but still.) In the Steffy/Ridge scene there was no mention at all of remembering Phoebe or Taylor's very conspicuous absence.  That exchange was cringeworthy and rightly so of TK to just give it up and pull JMW into a silencing embrace! Good for him!

I liked Ivy's photo shoot dress much better than Steffy's mainly because Steffy's didn't fit her properly in the bodice. (It was a pretty color, though.) I was holding my breath for a wardrobe malfunction.  As far as wedding guest attire, I give the best-dressed nod to Brooke. I thought her flowered dress was pretty and flattering and just right for a casual outdoor daytime wedding in a hot humid setting. Quinn looked stunning as usual, but overdressed for the occasion. I didn't really get a good look at Katie's dress and it looked like Sally raided Miley Cyrus's closet for her attire. That droopy coppery frock of Ivy's just looked sad and out-of-place like it was pleading, "Please wear me to an autumn equinox toga party." Bill looked like he needed to strap on an accordion and show up at the nearest retirement center for mock-happy hour.

I think tomorrow will be another ff day if it will just be recital of vows (again) and sad Chickenhead getting drunk.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I wasn't talking about their dresses more or less but how Steffy pails, in her overall appearance, to Ivy. Stature, dress, hair, make up etc. Only Quinn and Ivy are on equal terms in beauty and grace but overall Quinn is the queen of hair, make up, and dress. 

I was also expecting an airdrop with a crash and burn interrupting yet another Forester wedding. 

There's simply no comparison in the three women.

Ashleigh Brewer has a unique and natural beauty; taking care of her skin and hair by not doing too much or over-working what she already has in abundance and is already lovely. Wardrobe has a tendency to dress her in short, asymmetrical-style dresses, in jewel colors -- It works well on her, but repetitive.

RS is a remarkable looking woman. Even in close-up, she's emotive and vivacious, with a natural glow. And those eyes ... Mercy! She's in Pilates slim condition, with excellent posture -- Very graceful. She wears clothes beautifully. I particularly like the jewelry chosen for Quinn's designs.

The episodes where JMW had her hair up you could clearly see the hockey puck inserts that cantilever her cheeks but flatten the area under the eyes, and the nose and chin shaving. When she was talking there was rigidity to the skin around her brows, eyes and nose.  Sometimes her eye makeup is done that it's like she's looking through two portholes. Her wardrobe is deliberately lamentable and in desperate need of editing.

Steffy-Liam-announcement-BB-HW.jpg&key=5

It was definitely a lost opportunity not having Steffy dropped from a great height or shot out of a confetti cannon.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Here are Ashley & KKL for Australian TV Guide via KKL's twitter. Very pretty!

IMG_0142.JPG

Hubba hubba hubba........ Ashley yummy.  But I'm partial to Ivy kind of. Any of Heather Tom like this?  I'd love to see some Katie glamour..

Edited by Coco Pops 67
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, grisgris said:

In the Steffy/Ridge scene there was no mention at all of remembering Phoebe or Taylor's very conspicuous absence. 

Hunter Tylo was noticeably absent from the 30th anniversary party pics as well.

I dunno, out of all Steffy's weddings I feel the IIC should have tried to book a HTy appearance for this. That way, should could've been included in Thursday's retrospective with Brooke and Eric. She may not have been a day one player, but Taylor's influence on the show has given the character more lives than most cats I know ?

• Love 4

The fact they didn't even mention Taylor was ridiculous.

They also seem to have forgotten all the times Steffy "accidentally" almost killed Ivy to the point of a restraining order. Now Ivy's her only friend to help her get ready?

I wish Eric would have tried to talk Steffy out of this. His speech about waffling Hope-Steffy etc.. was the best scene in so long. 

That fake entrance was so bad it was funny.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Coco Pops 67 said:

But  Steffy did kill Aly didn't she?

.....ish?

Aly was full on "Single White Female" on Steffy, which was bizarre since she is the only other women on the show besides Brooke who wasn't after Liam's sorry milkshake, and there was more than enough evidence for self defense.

But then, Steffy made herself look guilty by covering shit up :/

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

.....ish?

Aly was full on "Single White Female" on Steffy, which was bizarre since she is the only other women on the show besides Brooke who wasn't after Liam's sorry milkshake, and there was more than enough evidence for self defense.

But then, Steffy made herself look guilty by covering shit up :/

Oh OK yeah there was that thanks Anna yolei........

Maybe we need the ghost of Stephanie to haunt Eric and Quinn, considering some of the other oddball stuff that happens on this show why not?

Is Susan Flannary dead?

• Love 1