Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I'm sorry to hear that, Songbird.  It sounds like Matthew has been emasculated into a Level 1 or better.  My cousin lives in Jacksonville and I have a high school classmate in Charleston, where it really go hit hard.  Sometimes I think being landlocked in the boring Midwest isn't so bad after all. Enjoy your hike!

I seem to recall that Eric was poisoned by some tainted gin and everybody blamed Owen for it.  Why on earth would somebody put nutmeg in lemon bars? That would taste so terrible that you'd spit it out, no worries then about poisoning! LOL! That's the best I got and it's probably wrong. This is like that old game of "gossip" where the SL got convoluted in translation. Hopefully, somebody with a better institutional memory or better access (and patience) to old YT clips can set the record straight.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Can someone refresh my memory on something from a few years back? What I recall is nutmeg in the fucking lemon bars. Eric ate them and nearly died because he's allergic to nutmeg. Details?

As grisgris said, it was tainted gin, in a ploy by Pam to show Donna's "true colors" while Eric was sick because she expected her to hop in bed with the young and more virile Owen. Or something. I agree about nutmeg on lemon bars. WTF?

14 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Posting this from a friend's home. Our home has no power thanks to Matthew (2) days and counting. Thanks to you preverts and a bottle of wine I just might not lose my mind ;)

Glad you're safe!  

• Love 6

Hmmmm, well I found this on Wikipedia and I think this is where the nutmeg in the lemon bar comes in:

After Donna and Eric were married, Eric had a heart attack in bed and slipped into a coma. Donna, who had been eyeing Owen Knight, was accused of spiking a bottle of gin. However, Eric had actually fallen ill after Pam fed him a laced lemon bar, only hoping to weaken him and make him sexually undesirable to Donna so Eric would go back to Stephanie. Pam lured Donna to the Big Bear cabin, where she held Donna at gunpoint, doused her with honey, and let a bear in to attack her. Pam ran off after Owen saved Donna.

Soap Central has this:

Eric had a heart attack while in bed with Donna and lapsed into a coma; eventually it was revealed that Eric had been poisoned by Pam, who meant to weaken Eric sexually and make him undesirable to Donna so he would return to Stephanie. Later, Eric and Stephanie stopped Pam from killing Donna at the Big Bear cabin.

• Love 3

And I found this transcript from 07-28-2008:

Pam: Might as well have a pastry. I made 'em for the press, but, uh, Donna ran 'em off. (Chuckles) lemon bars are my specialty. They're delicious. Have one. Go on. 

Owen: Mmm. They're tasty. 

Pam: Really? You like 'em? 

Owen: You know, my mom used to make lemon bars. Yours are different. They've got some sort of a kick to them. What is it? Uh... no, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Nutmeg? 

Pam: (Scoffs) 

Owen: Yeah, that's it. 

Pam: You are good. 

Owen: It is nutmeg. I'm right, right? 

Pam: (Chuckles) mm. About the lemon bars, yes. About who you associate with, no.

So now my memory is refreshed. Funnily enough, in that same transcript there's this:

Reporter: You're firing the Forresters? 

Jarrett: Donna, can you say that again? 

Donna: I said I will be running Forrester Creations. 

Ridge: You can't. 

Donna: I can, and I will. Eric gave me his power of attorney. He left it up to me to make decisions for him when he couldn't. It's my job to protect the company until he recovers. 

Jarrett: But Ridge is Forrester's lead designer. He has the most experience.

Donna: Actually, no. When it comes to running the company, my sister Brooke has the most experience. As far as I'm concerned, Eric is still our C.E.O. I'm just doing what he'd want me to do. 

Thorne: He'd want you to fire his kids? 

Donna: Until they're ready to act in their father's best interest and not their own. This is not a decision I made lightly. I cannot get into the reasons, but I assure you I am justified. Currently, this is in the best interest of our company. 

Felicia: You are out of your mind. 

Thorne: (Scoffs) 

Donna: I will be looking to my sister and my nephew to steer us forward while Eric is gone. I want to thank everyone for their kind wishes and their messages of concern. It's a great comfort to me to know that there are so many warm wishes from around the world. 

Woman: Mrs. Forrester... 

Man: Mrs. Forrester... 

Jarrett: But, Donna, how can you say this is what Eric wants? 

Woman: Did he have a falling out with his son? 

Jarrett: Uh, uh, Ridge, how are you and your siblings going to respond to this? 

Owen: Look, thank you all for coming, but no more questions. Mrs. Forrester has given her statement. 

Jarrett: Who are you? 

Owen: Owen Knight, Mrs. Forrester's assistant. And if any of you would like to speak to her, you're gonna have to go through me. 

Rick: All right, guys, he's right. Everybody out. Thank you very much. Please. 

Jarrett: Rick, w-were you involved in this decision? Did your aunt consult you? 

Rick: Um, Jarrett, you're gonna get scooped. Please, go.

You'd think some of the Forresters might remember this happening.

• Love 6
On 10/7/2016 at 5:21 PM, Waldo13 said:

Did anyone notice that Steffy was throwing Ridge under the bus. It was all his idea and I had to go along with it was complete and utter bull shit.  Steffy was not complicit but the perpetrator. Wyatt better make Steffy get down on her knees... And beg for forgiveness just as Rick did to him. Than tell Steffy that he is still going to tell his mother.  When she threatens him with leaving, just say fine and throw her out just as Ridge did to his mother.  Steffy will say where am I to go and Wyatt's answer should be that frankly I don't give a damn.  Go to Liam, bitch.  

She's just like her mama in that respect.  Nothing was ever her fault and she very seldom got her hands dirty.  There were always more powerful surrogates like Stephanie or Massimo to do the heavy lifting while she could step back and claim, "I didn't approve of this!"  Or, one of my favorites, "I never wanted this to happen!"  Yeah, right, bitch.  Taylor had no shortage of enablers willing to fall on their swords for mess that she either instigated or was a part of.

Now, we see Taylor's daughter pulling he same old shit despite the fact that she was a very active and vocal co-conspirator and instigator in this mess.  At least Taylor had her good looks and unearned reputation for integrity to shield her from the consequences of her actions.  I guess time will tell if nothing ever ends up being Stuffy's fault.  The fact that Chickenhead is so pressed to hold onto this trick is simply mind boggling.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, grisgris said:

Why on earth would somebody put nutmeg in lemon bars? That would taste so terrible that you'd spit it out, no worries then about poisoning!

I hate nutmeg in anything, you better believe I'd be spitting it out! :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

She's just like her mama in that respect.  Nothing was ever her fault and she very seldom got her hands dirty.  There were always more powerful surrogates like Stephanie or Massimo to do the heavy lifting while she could step back and claim, "I didn't approve of this!"  Or, one of my favorites, "I never wanted this to happen!"  Yeah, right, bitch.  Taylor had no shortage of enablers willing to fall on their swords for mess that she either instigated or was a part of.

Now, we see Taylor's daughter pulling he same old shit despite the fact that she was a very active and vocal co-conspirator and instigator in this mess.  At least Taylor had her good looks and unearned reputation for integrity to shield her from the consequences of her actions.  I guess time will tell if nothing ever ends up being Stuffy's fault.  The fact that Chickenhead is so pressed to hold onto this trick is simply mind boggling.

I actually prefer Steffy to Taylor, who may not have been a complete sociopath, but neither did she put her neck out with her hypocrisy (ie, Stephanie hiding her boink with James, Brooke losing Ridge over her covering ThomAss's paternity). Plus, Steffy had the three year period of playing second fiddle to Hope, which is more than the Not-at-all-good Doctor got: she got three of Ridge's spawn in two years, and a relatively long, happy span of marital bliss before Tylo quit the show again with the two of them turning to each other to solve problems (a departure from most soap couples on any show since).

Can't say YouTube has turned into a Brooke fan, but it certainly melted the spray painted aluminum halo Taylor wore for me.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, slayer2 said:

As someone with sharpie eyebrows myself I can't protest LG's look. I actually quite like it, it's very 80's Madonna,

Slayer2, if you can pull off 80s Madonna eyebrows, more power to you. I already survived the 80s, with no desire to return to bad clothes, bad hair, and working the overnight for no money. 

My observation of the influence of heavily filtered and shopped images on Instagram featuring women's makeup trends is that the whole premise seems to mimic drag makeup techniques for men to appear feminine, without tempering the those techniques for the already feminine features of women. Exaggerated techniques with same results -- Contouring to the extreme creating exaggerated bone structure and razor-sharp jawlines, blinding hightlighting, eyeshadow maps, blasted trout pout lips, visible layers of powder on top of a solid mask of makeup ... And this is all being done with the latest and greatest drugstore to premium makeup brands. Some Instagramers are sponsored by the makeup companies to feature their products and some not (the commercial compensation by the user is not always readily apparent).      

After my first child, my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes thinned out; post-partum hormones are a bitch. My hair grew back, but after years of unsatisfactory eyebrow pencils, potions and powders, I had my eyebrows tattooed to fill them in (you would never know), and wear false lashes. I'm a drama queen, but no one has had to call the Warpaint Skool Damage Control Team in a declared DEFCON 2 emergency to hose me down with micellar water ... Not yet anyway.

I do protest wardrobe's insistence to Caroline's commitment to men's shirts. It's like TK's Ridge has slobby covered so someone must represent Ronn Moss' Ridge's crisp and clean. I just don't dig it.

Eric and Rick have crisp and clean men's wear covered.

Caroline's only been in a couple of casual scenes rubbing up to Thomas since her return. Before her leave, Caroline generally wore bodycon, midriff- exposing clothes.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, slayer2 said:

She's had a men's shirt thing for awhile now, it pops up every now and then between her midriff tops.

Hmmm I haven't noticed, I'm going to have to pay attention!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, slayer2 said:

She's had a men's shirt thing for awhile now, it pops up every now and then between her midriff tops.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I'm hazy on that too ... Perhaps it's the distraction of her head.

Slayer, are you talking about button-front shirts, similar to the following example? I've noticed her wardrobe is heavy with mullet/hi-low shirts, and I dislike them out of principle.

1443791676302.jpg

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Chickenhead for MVP! That last scene of him calling Ridge a liar was so satisfying. I need a cigarette!

Same here! I cheered and pumped my fist (cheesy, I know) when he came in while Ridge was manhandling his mom!

• Love 14

Glad to see someone finally stand up to that greasy jerk Ridge and his plastic, self-involved daughter.  Now Wyatt needs to realize that his wife is a lying asshole and not good enough for him.

When he asked Puffy what she thought would happen once Eric woke up, I don't think it ever occurred to her (or her dumbass father) that Eric would be really pissed off when he woke up and discovered what they had done.  I'm not sure what 's more disgusting - their treatment of Eric and insisting he doesn't know his own mind, or Ridge's continuing manhandling of a woman.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, ByTor said:

I noticed she picked it up after dating Ridge (Grrrr) this is why I am all too eager to blame it on his slovenlyness.

• Love 2

Wow, Wyatt has been voice of sanity for two episodes now!  I was so thrilled that Ridge was caught manhandling Quinn when Wyatt arrived, and Wyatt calling him the liar in the room, and telling him he had no authority.  It episodes like this one that have me hanging in there.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Yeah, I'm hazy on that too ... Perhaps it's the distraction of her head.

Slayer, are you talking about button-front shirts, similar to the following example? I've noticed her wardrobe is heavy with mullet/hi-low shirts, and I dislike them out of principle.

1443791676302.jpg

Yes! This exact transgression! I hadn't noticed it before her and Ridge then it seemed to be happening more and more frequently!

22 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Episodes like today remind me of why I don't hate Wyatt. He does show some teeth when he's pushed into it. Good for him. I hope cutting Steffy off at the knees is next on the agenda.

And I was thinking also that maybe Wyatt grew a brain and realized that if Quinn is Mrs. Forrester and has the POA,  she has power and money, which could be good for her son.  I don't think that is what motivated him, but it certainly wouldn't hurt him to tell the truth, except with Steffy, and perhaps he has figured out that she is horrible and stupid person, who might dump  him the next time Liam comes sniffing around.  Wyatt made the right the choice for the right reasons, but he will also benefit.  Maybe if Brooke finds out about the lie about the POA, she won't give those shares, if she ever gets them, to Ridge.

• Love 9

YES!!!  Wyatt finally caught that grimy piece of filth manhandling his mother and actually defended her!  LOVED watching Ridge's greasy face drop when Wyatt said "I know."  And, Steffy..."I'm your wife!" applies when your husband stands back closed mouthed when your mother in law tells you that your cooking sucks, or when you've had enough of only going to her house for holidays, it is NOT meant for covering up something illegal.  I am SOOOOOO sick to death of "I'm your wife", "My fam-uh-lee!!!"  I really would appreciate if Wyatt would come back with "Well, I'm your husband" and "What about my family?"  But I won't complain, Wyatt did the exact opposite of what I expected him to do, and I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!  Of course my luck tomorrow will be back to Caroline tightening her jaw & telling Thomas through clenched teeth that she wants to be with him.

• Love 14

Wow! I was so angry watching those scenes that I stomped across the room, grunted and kicked a box. Seriously? That was the best Steffy could do to express anger?  Even her attempt at crying sucked and was unconvincing. Kudos to Chickenhead for finally standing up to her.  So anyway, was Tattletale Waffles-Wimp going to blab to Steffy about Ivy playing dress-up/trick-or-treat? (I won't touch that one ...) Steffy can't do anything about Ivy pursuing Liam (although Ivy is a thirsty idiot with no self-esteem to do so.) Steffy's married and really doesn't have a say in the matter. And Liam did it again. While Ivy was pleading her case, he got that silly schoolboy twinke/blush/shit-eating grin on his face. That drives me nuts. I can't tell if it's because his ego is being super stoked or if he's trying to give (insert name) the tiniest bit of hope. GRRRR!!!! I'll go kick my box again. Poor box.

Man, oh, man! I was so stoked when Wyatt confronted Ridge. Now it's out there. Quinn knows and there's no turning back. That last scene was excellent! I had to rewind and watch twice.  Everybody brought their A+ game. (No wonder the stylists are dressing RS in long-sleeves. Her upper arms must be black and blue by now.) Go Wyatt!  Go Wyatt!  Go Wyatt!

I know. I can't wait until tomorrow evening to watch the fall-out. and it's been a L-O-N-G time since I've felt that way about this show. But you're right. I see this getting tabled until the end of the week for a cliffhanger and we'll see Brooke and Bill or Clenched-Teeth Caroline (love that and so spot-on!) and Thomas tomorrow and probably through half of Thursday's show. 

• Love 13

Hell to the yeah!!  Wyatt....kick that slimy bastard's ass for laying hands on your Mother!!  My puny senior citizen self would have put my foot up his ass.....

Better call Saul....restraining order?  Assault charges? 

....just an aside...I do love TK.  He was so good as Zach on AMC.  Just pisses me off that he is saddled with this shit SL.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, grisgris said:

Wow! I was so angry watching those scenes that I stomped across the room, grunted and kicked a box. Seriously? That was the best Steffy could do to express anger?  Even her attempt at crying sucked and was unconvincing. 

Steffy can't do anything about Ivy pursuing Liam 

Haha that box kicking was a riot!  

Sure Steffy can do something about it, I imagine there's an electric panel or flight of stairs somewhere ?

• Love 10

Just in time for Halloween we get:

200.gif#103

Yes, Wyatt dug down deep into his Chicken Crawl, and found those missing balls. They were a bit dusty and misshapen from ill or non use, but he cleaned those suckers up real good, and they were shining like beacons of truth. How thrilling was it to watch him crack that plastic face. Steffy is unbelievable, to stand there and go on about right and wrong, and this is legal and that isn't, when the ridiculous bitch is knee deep in the shit herself. Does this entitled twit have no understanding of what her and her co-conspirators have done? Oh, just shut my stupid mouth; Steffy is a Forrester, she has breeeeeeeding, she has class just like her Gansta Grandma had, so anything she does in the name of family is justified and Lt. Baker can just keep on eating his hot dogs. But Wyatt was so good I really don't care. The best was at the end though, when Steffy was all "Wyatt, where are you going", "Wyatt, you get back here!" Sounded more like a mother scolding a wayward child than an angry wife. 

And Wyatt continued his growth spurt when he dealt with Dirty Old Dad. The look on Ridge's face when Wyatt told him to take his hands off his mother? Ridge couldn't believe it. As if he wouldn't have done the same thing for Stephanie. Oh, but again, Ridge is a Forrester, his rights supersede those of anyone else, and he can put his hands on anyone he chooses, and it doesn't matter if they are conscious either. The fact that Wyatt was protecting his mother would never even register with Ridge. Quinn is low class and not worth the effort, and besides, Wyatt is a Forrester now, why would he be helping Quinn? I guess Ridge will now be left to chicken nuggets and wings, no more oven stuffers for him:

200.gif#263

I don't want to see Quinn go all scorched earth on Ridge and Steffy. I want her to do the exact opposite. Do what those two ingrates wouldn't expect, and continue proving them wrong. Then when everyone else sees that Quinn's feelings for Eric are real, and that she didn't take her opportunity to bury bitch and dad, maybe they will start warming up to her, and Ridge and Steffy will be ostracized from the family for being the louses they are. Let them go start a competing fashion house. That would be something I would love to see.

Ivy, as much as you were right about Liam needing a woman who only eyes for him, proves true for you too. Why would you want someone who clearly wants someone else. Compounding this is the fact that Steffy isn't worth a crap, and Liam favors her over you. Stop doing this to yourself. I have a feeling that Wyatt is going to be back on the market very soon, and I thought you two were cute as buttons together. Let Waffle and the Bitch reconnect, and let them rediscover how to fuck up their shit on their own. I assure you that shouldn't take very long. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 22

OMG yesterday's episode was SO.DAMN.GOOD.

I don't even care that I had to watch Ivy act like the second biggest fool who ever fooled, single white femaling Steffy's atrocious Wedding #1 get-up, and then see the biggest fool, Waffles, blinking and stuttering with his "Puffy, is that you?"

Idiots.

Both of them.

I have said before (and continue to agree with others here), if Waffles is really truly what hot and classy as hell Ivy wants, then just let him run back to Puffy. It'll be a week - two, tops, before he comes sniffing around her again. Even faster if she can find someone else to sniff around in the meantime because God knows this motherfucker never wants what he can actually have. 

But it was all okay because I somehow had some faith that Wyatt would reclaim his balls from that plastic-bitch he's married to (who made me LOL as she huffed and puffed and the house still stood) and boy, did he reclaim them with a vengeance. 

Seeing Wyatt storm in there like the bad-ass I always knew he could be was everything.

I mean, it wasn't quite this:

tumblr_nclg24OQXP1th2t0io1_500.gif

Because hello, it's Jamie Friggin Fraser, but it was right up there. And I loved that he finally caught that abusive asshole putting his hands on his mother. Can you imagine if someone had tried that with his mother??? Well, I think Satanie could kill someone with a look but I digress. 

You could easily see cock muffin Ridge-Pen was initially thinking this (and I couldn't resist not using another Hound image - it's just too perfect, RuntheTable).

qkAzlrf.png

But Wyatt had other plans.

peasant.gif

I may have rewound/rewatched 10 times. Give or take...

giphy.gif

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Good God Ridge's twin Neanderthal!!  They look so much alike!  

That's the Hound from Game of Thrones. They have the same grooming habits. Of course, the Hound has the excuse that he lives in a medieval world.

• Love 9

Ah CountryGirl, anytime you want to put up GIFs, or pictures, or clips, or anything with My Loki in them, please do! I have a raging high school girl crush on Tom Hiddleston, and cannot adequately express my discomfiture with finding out he was dating that smarmy little, dirty pawed brat Taylor Swift. I was close, very close, to lying about who had Tom's POA, but it all worked out cause those two lasted about as long as Puffy and The Waffle. 

Sorry board moderators; I will stay on topic going forward!

• Love 7

I'd also rather Quin do the opposite of what Ridge and Puffy expect her to do.  If anyone goes scorched earth on those two jerks, it should be Eric.  His wants and needs mean nothing to them, so he should return the favor.

Wyatt telling that snarly piece of plastic that their marriage had nothing to do with Quin and everything to do with them was much needed.  He also needs to tell her that marriage is a partnership and not a dictatorship.  Ridge was right that Wyatt doesn't know Steffy at all.  Meaning, he doesn't realize what a self-involved, ruthless, greedy, power-hungry creature she really is, and she won't tolerate him not licking her combat boots.  I so wish he'd tell her to get the fuck of out his house. 

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Carlylefan said:

As of today Wyatt and Quinn are my new favorites on this disastrous show!  Oh yes, and Eric for having the foresight to name Q his POA!  Bring it!

Ditto. I was totally squeeing like a little girl at the end of today's show.

What would make me squee even more? Wyatt coming to his senses and getting rid of the plastic princess. He deserves better, and she deserves soggy Waffles.

• Love 15

Haven't watched today''s show yet, but I'm convinced Puffy will tell Waffles about playing Hide the POA ... And Waffles will tell her they did exactly the right thing.

He'll stroke her ego and say they had to do it. That Big Bad Quinn is evil and Puffy must protect herself and her fam-uh-lee.  Then he'll say he always knew Wyatt would choose his mother first and that Puffy should leave him and come back to the Waffle House.

This will send Puffy into Waffles embrace -- saying nothing but looking the sadz with a glycerin tear in her eye --  while looking over his shoulder.  Waffles will have a small gloating smile, thinking this time he Got. Her. Back.

Fearless prediction:  For some reason Puffy will not choose to leave Wyatt.  Waffles might finally buy a clue she isn't coming back.

• Love 8

Now I need TK to do that dance on the show with pork chops. Or a waffle in one hand and chicken in another. Ridge could be drunk binge eating at Brooke's after Quinn throws him out. Seriously, show, give us this.

Intrigued where it's going now. Quinn's ascended to Queen Bootycall Forrester with Wyatt as her all in ally. Wyatt's called Steffy's bluff.

So what happens next? Money on Quinn or Steffy being pregnant. Edge to Steffy since this show likes to repeat beats and it was when Hope was going to leave Wyatt for Liam that she found out she was pregnant. Stakes would be high since this would be Steffy's first pregnancy since the accident and she never thought she'd have a kid. She'd have to cease fire with Quinn, make a go of it with Wyatt, and bench Liam.

And I'm calling it now. Rinn is happening inside of a year. CaRidge was dumped for a reason. And before ya'll say it can't happen, Bill loathed Brooke back in the day and look where we are now with Brill.

Rinn2017 :)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'd also rather Quin do the opposite of what Ridge and Puffy expect her to do.  If anyone goes scorched earth on those two jerks, it should be Eric.  His wants and needs mean nothing to them, so he should return the favor.

I agree. I want her to be the perfect dutiful wife and forget trying to get her (well-deserved) revenge on the rest of the Forresters. Once Eric is back to 100% he can make sure they pay.

It was nice that Puffy realized they've handed Quinn everything she needs if she wants to be terrible. Not just control (even though that's not how this works in reality), but leverage, considering the big POA lie. 

• Love 9