Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I must confess: I'm a moron. I read the spoilers for today, so I knew Ridge was getting "a shocking email from Eric", but at about 12:55, when his phone pinged in the same tone as the email ping on my iPhone, I grabbed my phone & checked it. There was no email from my father's current girlfriend-of-a-month, inviting me to their wedding, though. Maybe tomorrow, fingers-crossed.

That would've been the best random social media hack tie in ever: random B&B fans getting a text/email invite to the Queric wedding.

Or perhaps, please call to RSVP and you get a prerecorded message from Eric or Quinn thanking you for coming to their wedding since their family won't.

Why ya'll hating on RJ? At least compared to Steffy he's acting more his age with the tantrums, LOL.

• Love 10

RJ can go back to Ojai any time now.  I am not impressed (at all) with the actor portraying the character nor this tired "Waaaa --I want mommy and daddy together -- waaa"  SL he's in.  

RJ is a iconic legacy character who should be so much better than this petulant, whiny, bratty, slouchy teen they have.  If they were going to SORAS, the kid make him a little older than the 15-16 he is -- more like 18.  Not yet in college but getting there soon.   For f's sake stand up straight!!!  And if I'm going to be shallow, they could have cast someone taller and a little better looking.  KKL and RMRidge would have a handsome son.

And I would love it if RJ were on Eric's side.  Not because he thinks Quinn is fab, but because Eric (off screen) was the one visiting him in boarding school and constantly in touch.  Eric had to be doing something other than schlepping around the guest house in his robe with a martini.  And because RJ saw Eric often, he's seen first hand (without knowing the Quinn backstory) the positive change in Eric. 

Now RJ can be against Brill, not because he wants Bridge to reunite -- but because he thinks Bill is an ass.  And he can read Brooke for wanting the 12,5% shares so Ridge can dump Eric.   Because RJ is on Eric's side, he sees Ridge's plan as a terrible betrayal of his grandfather. That in turn would cause tension between RJ and Ridge and RJ and his siblings.

Fixed the SL for you Show.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

RJ can go back to Ojai any time now.  I am not impressed (at all) with the actor portraying the character nor this tired "Waaaa --I want mommy and daddy together -- waaa"  SL he's in.  

RJ is a iconic legacy character who should be so much better than this petulant, whiny, bratty, slouchy teen they have.  If they were going to SORAS, the kid make him a little older than the 15-16 he is -- more like 18.  Not yet in college but getting there soon.   For f's sake stand up straight!!!  And if I'm going to be shallow, they could have cast someone taller and a little better looking.  KKL and RMRidge would have a handsome son.

And I would love it if RJ were on Eric's side.  Not because he thinks Quinn is fab, but because Eric (off screen) was the one visiting him in boarding school and constantly in touch.  Eric had to be doing something other than schlepping around the guest house in his robe with a martini.  And because RJ saw Eric often, he's seen first hand (without knowing the Quinn backstory) the positive change in Eric. 

Now RJ can be against Brill, not because he wants Bridge to reunite -- but because he thinks Bill is an ass.  And he can read Brooke for wanting the 12,5% shares so Ridge can dump Eric.   Because RJ is on Eric's side, he sees Ridge's plan as a terrible betrayal of his grandfather. That in turn would cause tension between RJ and Ridge and RJ and his siblings.

Fixed the SL for you Show.

This x 1,000,000. No way this shrimpy little mouth-breather looks like he came from KKL. I can believe he's the spawn of TK, though. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

That would've been the best random social media hack tie in ever: random B&B fans getting a text/email invite to the Queric wedding.

Or perhaps, please call to RSVP and you get a prerecorded message from Eric or Quinn thanking you for coming to their wedding since their family won't.

Why ya'll hating on RJ? At least compared to Steffy he's acting more his age with the tantrums, LOL.

I'm an equal-opportunity hater. ;-P

• Love 5

Wait until RJ finds out the Taytots are trying to manage him so they can sell his mother for FC stock.  Steffy and THomas have treated Brooke like crap since the day Taylor returned from the dead (for the second time, god I love soaps!)  Brooke loved Taylor;s children like they were her own and what did she get in return..."My mom is alive now so you can take my infant brother and his young sister and get lost.  They will be just fine without their father. Yes, we are almost adults but we were here first, so bye bye Brooke don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."  Rj should have YEARS of resentment built up.  He should make it his mission to make the Taytots lives a living hell.

• Love 15

The writing on this show screams lazy.  The characters keep repeating the same crap over and over again.  How many times will Quinn have to tell Eric he deserves respect?   How many times does Eric have to say "They'll come around".   How often will RJ need to tell everyone that mommy and daddy need to be together?   How many times do we have to hear Bill say that he and Brooke have waited so long to be together?  The show is more than boring, it's nausea inducing.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Given how every teenager except Phoebe and Hope (because she was always so far up her own ass to notice an asteroid landing in her backyard) has been given this same story, I say fandom has earned the collective right to be bored at best.

That out the way, it's far more palpable to see this behavior from a teenager than a woman that is far closer to 30 than 18, and certainly more than from two forty-somethings with young children of their own to worry over and were adults when their parents split. I don't buy it entirely for reasons already discussed here, but it is kid behavior.

But unless TIIC has plans to set up a new teen scene, which I doubt since the only female cousin he could've been paired with was killed off and I don't see this show pulling a Luke Snyder on RJ, this shit will get old, fast.

• Love 8

RJ, honey--stand up straight, look people in the eye when you speak to them, take your hands out of your pockets, respect your elders and their decisions and go back to boarding school. We didn't miss you before and won't miss you now. Bye.

• Love 13

Fucksake, can we please have some Bold with our Damn Beautiful? Wimpy squinty Brooke, the Waffle Bros, brain-deadd Bill, Absent Katie, Vacation ing Caroline, Snore inducing Avant's, Zzzzzendont, slouchboy RJ, Ridge too lazy to bathe, Pam not making Lemon Bars, and BitchFit Steffy! I miss the 90' s man! We all had money and good B n B back then. Now shits just tired.

I guess the IIC all on Heroin in the writers room in West Virginia somewhere wondering what the hell happened to them in 2008!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Nanu160 said:

Zzzzzendont

? LOL!

But god, word to that entire post. There was a period in 2009 where all the women were dressed in grey and they still weren't as drab as they are now.

Brooke: I've mostly hated this character for most of the nearly two decades I've followed this show, but she'd never been as flat out boring and drab as she's been for most of this past year. If I didn't know better, I'd think Brooke had been the ugly ducking sister! (Not a slam on KKL at all, but her outfits lately would be considered conservative for most church congregations in Southern California)

Where's her energy and passion? I know Bell has been writer her the same was he has since '87, but she can still be vital and not be the go to sex kitten. If they can give Eric some story without Stephanie, they can certainly find something for Brooke. I'd be all for her taking over FC and making the Taytots' heads explode.

• Love 5

I fucking Love early Brooke! So so dreamy and beautiful! So much passion! She spearheaded the Entitled rich and got their damn motors running! Such the underdog., Too. But now, she's rich lonely drunk scared bored...NONONONONOOOOS. bring back people that fight for love and a better life, not this bunch of pulseless Kardashians! O hell NAW

• Love 6

Look, I'm Brooke's age. Also Postmenopausal and damn she rocks her fifty's, but enuf with her damn VAG!  KKL is all that but give her red suit back and write her as a deeper stronger woman than just a go to Vag!

And take away everyone's Ambien. Lazy writers esp.

• Love 4

My beef with RJ is basic -- he's not angry enough about the right things.  Neither of his parents have ever given a damn about him and he spent his life in boarding school.  I hate his effect on Brooke, because she is at her least interesting when she's worried about being a good mother.  She's not.  Accept it and move the fuck on!  

I stumbled on some clips the other night and was reminded of how good the boardroom/press conference battles used to be.  Red Suit Brooke was the best incarnation of Brooke.  I think she's at an age to really carry that off now, if the show would just let her be the dynamic, intelligent, driven woman she can be.

• Love 7

To be fair, there have been lines explaining RJ's absence at boarding school as being his choice before they decided that he's gotta beg to stay home. And given all the shade thrown by all his siblings at one another over the company or over a romantic interest to say nothing of Brooke and Ridge's dumbassery  (together and separately) , who can blame the kid?

I just wish that part was ever reflected. I snarked earlier that they won't make him into another Luke Snyder, which is a shame: apart from the obvious LGBT stories that are glaringly absent from this show, Luke had the ability to tell his horrible, shitty, selfish parents to take several seats in a matter that was neither far too forgiving (oh hi Bridget) nor grossly disrespectful like Steffy's recent hissy fits. 

It helps that he also had a good head on his shoulders and was a genuinely decent person...which no one on this show is, except Eric lately. (I haven't forgotten him reading Ridge for filth for keeping people in the dark about Douglas.)

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I just wish that part was ever reflected. I snarked earlier that they won't make him into another Luke Snyder, which is a shame: apart from the obvious LGBT stories that are glaringly absent from this show,

Holding out hope this can still happen. So far no casting announcements about RJ's age group have been coming so they may be adopting a lets' see how he works out approach similar to what they did with Sasha post Zende.

And if they did go for RJ coming out to his family, you have his wanting to stay away and take holidays with his friend as being revealed that the friend he was always going home with was the boy he liked/was dating.

1 hour ago, minirth said:

I hate his effect on Brooke, because she is at her least interesting when she's worried about being a good mother.  She's not.  Accept it and move the fuck on!  

I cannot tell you how long I laughed at this. It would be refreshing for a soap character to accept they're not a good parent, but they tried, it just wasn't in them.

And again that's why I want Hope back for RJ.  Not that she's his mother, but I can believe she would be the one to have looked out for him before boarding school and the one to talk/text him daily and the one to see him after she left LA.  But if Hope comes back it needs to be with a hot husband. Basically she should pull a Lily from ATWT and come back with her Damien. Make him the son of a French fashion house that looks down on the Forresters, his dad is the French Ridge and he comes over to meet his daughter-in-law's mother and he and Brooke engage in a one upmanship love/hate courtship that leaves Ridge and Bill trippin'. Bonus points if Hope's husband has a younger brother to romance RJ.

• Love 7

I wouldn't want Brooke snaking another man from her daughters, but I could get behind do her having a boy toy. Both Sally and Stephanie had Clarke at various times, so Brooke certainly could get a young 20 something easy. :)

I'd love for Hope to have a man, because it would kill any idea of the ToD 2.0 resurfacing.

• Love 3

Quinn and Eric are selling the hell out of this story, but the rest of the Forresters are stupid. So they don't agree with Eric's choice of bride and they want to protect the 'company' *side eye*, then why not play the long game? Trot out Carter to draw up a prenup protecting FC (and that stupid house if necessary) and  present it as a compromise? We all know the hacks are going to write something about Eric's health, but make it interesting. Have those shitty Forresters go to the wedding, but they toss her out when Eric falls ill. Quinn continues to dote on Eric while he's hospitalized, and works on the jewelry line even though she's back to living at that one - room place. Quinn forbids the FC brats to tell Eric they kicked out of the manse because she's worried about his recovery, and Ivy acts as her proxy at FC. Wyatt learns Steffy is pulling all the strings, and finally grows a pair and files for divorce. Ivy comes to her senses, and forms a friendship with Wyatt. Puff Face and Waffle try to get back together, but realize without obstacles there's no 'there' there, and they implode after Steffy physically attacks him (cause she's nuts), and they finally cart her off for a nice long rest. Brooke marries Bill, but keeps the FC shares to protect Eric, because she sees how much Quinn cares for him. It causes drama with Brill, Ridge, RJ, blahblahblah...

Haven't figured out the rest, but all of the above is just to call the writers out on how lazy they are. Put some damn beats in the stories, slow things down, try some damn nuance. I know those hacks don't know the meaning of nuance, so they should go look it up. I'll wait...

And I. Hate. Steffy.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Quinn and Eric are selling the hell out of this story, but the rest of the Forresters are stupid. So they don't agree with Eric's choice of bride and they want to protect the 'company' *side eye*, then why not play the long game? Trot out Carter to draw up a prenup protecting FC (and that stupid house if necessary) and  present it as a compromise? We all know the hacks are going to write something about Eric's health, but make it interesting. Have those shitty Forresters go to the wedding, but they toss her out when Eric falls ill. Quinn continues to dote on Eric while he's hospitalized, and works on the jewelry line even though she's back to living at that one - room place. Quinn forbids the FC brats to tell Eric they kicked out of the manse because she's worried about his recovery, and Ivy acts as her proxy at FC. Wyatt learns Steffy is pulling all the strings, and finally grows a pair and files for divorce. Ivy comes to her senses, and forms a friendship with Wyatt. Puff Face and Waffle try to get back together, but realize without obstacles there's no 'there' there, and they implode after Steffy physically attacks him (cause she's nuts), and they finally cart her off for a nice long rest. Brooke marries Bill, but keeps the FC shares to protect Eric, because she sees how much Quinn cares for him. It causes drama with Brill, Ridge, RJ, blahblahblah...

Haven't figured out the rest, but all of the above is just to call the writers out on how lazy they are. Put some damn beats in the stories, slow things down, try some damn nuance. I know those hacks don't know the meaning of nuance, so they should go look it up. I'll wait...

And I. Hate. Steffy.

This

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Everything you just said bittersweet4149...but most especially that last line.

Me too.....more than Sonny Corinthos & Victor Newman...and that's a lot of hate. ;-)

Damn...that's mega hella hate! You're my tribe!!!

My little rant only took about 5 minutes or so to write. So why is it we viewers can take the mundane things we see on screen and give them a bit of a twist, but the hacks can't? They suck.

I. Hate. Steffy.

• Love 10

This is so boring and predictable.  The very same thing happened with Eric and Donna.  Shortly after their hotly-contested marriage, Eric fell ill and was incapacitated for a considerable length of time which left Donna technically in control of FC.  Blah. Blah. Blah. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I knew that Thorne would soften just a little bit, but it wasn't enough. Wait until shrill Felicia shows up tomorrow with her 50-cents worth. (I love me some Lesli Kay, but when she's written as an over-aged petulant brat, not so much.)  What, TIIC were too cheap to fly Kristen end, so Zzzzendon't had to protest via proxy for her?  If this is such a big deal, she could/should have made the trip to L.A.

So did Brooke get an email invite? Quinn knows how close Brooke and Eric are (at least I'd hope so by now) so I think she'd put aside any objections she had IF Bill showed up (which he wouldn't) but I'd think that Brooke would show up to the ceremony solo in support of Eric. Maybe she thinks it would upset Bill too much or she wouldn't be able to do it with a clear conscience knowing what she might or might not do with her premature FC shares. I dunno. It would be nice if somebody showed up tomorrow. But then, Eric is used to having empty seats at his weddings.

Yep. RS and JMc are selling the hell out of this!

Add me to the I hate Steffy crowd. I've never seen a more bitter hateful harpy shrew on this show ever.  If HT was getting hateful email and tweets, can you imagine how must be for JMW?

• Love 18

So Eric is feeling the stress???  :-(  

I'm trying to figure out why everyone looks at Steffy to see her reaction.  I guess she inherited her grandmother's place as the emotional center of the Forresters?  (And btw, since when was Eric the love of her life?  I thought that was Stefano DiMera?) 

• Love 5

They smile in your face, all the time they want to take your place, the back stabbers.......

I have no idea what Eric was talking about; I have never considered that crew a forgiving bunch. If they were, then why does so much hostility exist between them? Why so much anger and so many axes to grind? Indeed, how many times in the past few weeks have we heard Rick and Ridge talking about them agreeing on anything? No, I don't think this clan forgives so much as buries stuff deep in the Forrester Vault of Shame and moves on. I am glad that Eric pointed out that none of them have clean hands; that they have all done terrible things to others, as well as each other. And for some in then room, not once, but many times. I was gnashing my teeth at the hypocrisy in those scenes. Now, more than ever, I am convinced this has nothing to do with Eric's welfare. I am also inclined to question how much it has to do with FCs. It seems to me to be more about obstinateness and folks not getting their way. It isn't that they can't see how happy Eric is, or how good Quinn is for him, it is that they don't want to see it, because then the family would have to admit they were wrong, and well, we ain't having none of that. 

Yet another family intervention and no Brooke. What the fuck is the deal Show? Brooke is Eric's ex-wife, his dearest friend, and the mother of two of his children. Historically, these two always come together to talk things out. Isn't Eric the one Brooke ran to when she was pregnant by Bill? I just cannot believe that these two have not had one single conversation about this big change in Eric's life. It bugs my in ways I really can't define. 

What was up with that scene where Eric was seemingly losing it? Are they going to say this started before he and Quinn got together or after? I vote for after, and the stress and frustration with his crybaby family is getting to him. So, will Quinn go upstairs and find Eric on the floor, or will he pass out during the wedding ceremony? No matter when or where it happens, Quinn will be held accountable. I have no doubt we will hear about everything from physical abuse, to casting voodoo spells, to poisoning. Of course it would never occur to these dolts that their unabashed disrespect, and telling their dad/granddad that he is senile and demented, has had any adverse effect on Eric. What a bunch of stupid ingrates they are. Quinn has done nothing to anyone, but has sure as hell put the life back in Eric. They are so blinded by their need to be right they cannot see that they are the problem.  

Brooke overcompensates with her kids now, but it can't wipe away Deacon. And overcompensating creates monsters like Rick and RJ. I so wanted RJ to be a hip, likable kid. The incarnation we had a few years ago sure was. But this sniveling little bitch can go back to boarding school ASAP. Does he not understand that he is a Forrester? And that Forrester's don't stay together? His mom and dad were not a fairy tale, they were more like a twenty year nightmare, that saw some of the worst emotional and mental abuse ever to occur on soaps. When someone was telling him this Bridge fantasy, did they just conveniently leave out the parts where Ridge walked out on Brooke and her kids? Not once, but twice? And that was just when they were married, never mind when he was "happily" married to Taylor, but kept Brooke on a very tight chain that prevented her from ever finding or having a fulfilling relationship. Oh, how I wish Brooke would wake up and regain her spark and pizazz! 

If they are trying to recreate Stephanie/Brooke with Quinn/Steffy, they can just keep on trying. While RS certainly has the acting chops to pull it off; JMW OTOH? And the dynamics are off too. Stephanie hated Brooke before she ever even met her because she was Beth's daughter. So, as warped as it was, it made sense. But this thing with Quinn and Steffy isn't about the two of them, it is about Quinn and Liam. Oh, yes, and about Steffy being a difficult, spoiled brat who is not getting her way. 

I.Hate.Steffy.Too.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

It's funny how Stuffy loves her grandfather now.  It's even more hysterical that she considers him her grandfather.  Where was all this granddaughterly (is that even a word?) love when her slattern of a mother was shagging Eric?  Neither Stuffy nor ThomAss thought twice about calling their now on-again grandfather by his first name.  Anything to deflect attention away from the fact that Taylor was sleeping with yet another Forrester--something she had accused Brooke of doing for years.  Nice try though.  Taylor basically prostituted herself in that relationship so that her kids could get the keys to the Forrester Creations kingdom.  Too bad it didn't work!

And, excuse me, but where was all this strength to forgive that Eric is talking about with regard to Stephanie?  Say what?!      What's even worse, he called it her strongest attribute!  On what planet is Eric residing right now?  That harridan never got over the fact that she wasn't necessarily Eric's first choice and that he married her because he knocked her up (or so he thought).  Stephanie's so-called capacity to forgive is what launched a nearly 30-year vendetta against Brooke and all things Logan.  They included heinous acts such as calling Brooke vile names; physically assaulting her; conspiring to, and actually gaining, custody of two sets of Brooke's children; constantly interfering in Brooke's relationships, even with Nick (because it was the only way to make her rapist son happy); and facilitating Brooke's rape and being too craven to stick around to take the punishment she deserved.  And, those are just the highlights.

And, yes--there aren't enough words in the English or any other language to describe how much I hate, loathe and despise Stuffy.  She is the sum total of both her parents, as well as those Douglas genes:  hypocritical with very elastic morals; thinks her own shit doesn't stink and that her pee smells like rosewater; thinks she's the cutest little trick in shoe leather; doesn't think she should be held accountable for the mess she made of her own life; is downright trifling; and is shockingly supercilious.  The Stuffy hate is real with this viewer, y'all!

• Love 14

^^^^

All of this...Eric's speech about Stephanie made me, for the first time, question his sanity. Satanie never forgave or forgot anything, ever. She hated Brooke from the moment she laid eyes on her because she was from the wrong side of the the tracks and no matter what Brooke did or didn't do, nothing was going to change that. The ridiculousness of Stephanie's final days and embracing Brooke and calling her honey are never going to erase all the heinous crimes Stephanie committed against Brooke from the unforgivable sin of falling in love with her Precious. The only reason I tuned in during those days of roller coaster rides and other nonsense is because I knew that finally, the witch was going to be gone for good. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'd love for Hope to have a man, because it would kill any idea of the ToD 2.0 resurfacing.

That would not stop them from ToD 2.0.  This is exactly what would happen:  Hope returns to town with a hot guy (played by someone who can act circles around the rest of that generation in the cast), they'll have oodles of chemistry, and the audience will almost universally adore him.  Then, he'll rape someone like Katie.  Next, he'll try to rape Steffy, but she'll kill him in self defense. This puts a crimp in Waffles' love life, as he has recently decided (but not told either woman) that he loves Hope and wants to leave Steffy to be with her.  But, of course, he can't leave Steffy now, while she's recovering from the trauma of the attack and killing the guy, so he'll martyr himself and stay with Steffy while making cow eyes at Hope and having flashback montages of their relationship 10 times a day.  

Proud I. Hate. Steffy. member here!  

• Love 10
1 minute ago, KerleyQ said:

That would not stop them from ToD 2.0.  This is exactly what would happen:  Hope returns to town with a hot guy (played by someone who can act circles around the rest of that generation in the cast), they'll have oodles of chemistry, and the audience will almost universally adore him.  Then, he'll rape someone like Katie.  Next, he'll try to rape Steffy, but she'll kill him in self defense. This puts a crimp in Waffles' love life, as he has recently decided (but not told either woman) that he loves Hope and wants to leave Steffy to be with her.  But, of course, he can't leave Steffy now, while she's recovering from the trauma of the attack and killing the guy, so he'll martyr himself and stay with Steffy while making cow eyes at Hope and having flashback montages of their relationship 10 times a day.  

Proud I. Hate. Steffy. member here!  

It wouldn't be just Liam sniffing after Hope. As soon as Chickenhead sees Liam glance in Hope's direction, he'll be on her like powdered sugar on Pam's lemon bars. 

Also depends on the guy. If Hope brings on a Jasper Jax circa 1990s version of a guy, he may spark with the cast and Liam and/or Wyatt go the way of Oliver. Or stay with whichever woman they're with. Also this would be the one time I'd agree with everyone that Liam can't bleat that he and Hope were robbed. He could've gone with her to Paris and tried to make things work with her, but I do respect that he didn't force himself on her during what had to be an emotional time with the loss of the child and her trauma. They did allow Wyatt to go to Paris to try one last time to save his marriage (very much like Liam going to Steffy) so he also can't bleat about being robbed.

Basically both Liam and Wyatt had their chances with Hope and both were told it's over.

Having said that, Hope's new husband would undoubtedly be into something shady and Chickenhead and Waffles would team up to sleuth the truth of the situation so they could 'save' Hope. The twist would be if Hope knew her man was shady and was in on the dirty dealings with him. Let her embrace her Sharpe genes ;)

Personally I don't think Liam has found his true forever love yet. Hope and Steffy were first and hot loves when they're in front of him, respectively, but he actually has an arc in him where he finally grows up and stops waffling and sticks with one woman because she's IT for him. Full stop. If they would just release SC from this Bermuda triangle of suck and let him do fresh stuff, Liam could be rebooted to actually be ready for a mature romance/relationship.

Chickenhead has an arc in him where he finally stands up to Quinn, stops being so desperate to best Liam, and finds a woman he loves that he doesn't have to immediately marry to secure.  Actually, Wyatt's story is that he needs to be able to be on his own, alone, enjoy finding himself outside of his mother's influence and be his own Spencer man. (Or if like we suspect, find his true birth family after it's revealed that Quinn kidnapped him as a baby). Date a bevy of women. Sow some oats. Then like Bill find his forever mate in his 40s (not that he'd be on the show that long).

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Personally I don't think Liam has found his true forever love yet. Hope and Steffy were first and hot loves when they're in front of him, respectively, but he actually has an arc in him where he finally grows up and stops waffling and sticks with one woman because she's IT for him. Full stop. If they would just release SC from this Bermuda triangle of suck and let him do fresh stuff, Liam could be rebooted to actually be ready for a mature romance/relationship.

I still think they should give Liam/Katie a try.  

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Since Ridge-Pen isn't adverse to pimping people out, I had wondered if he would start "seeing" Katie with new eyes, including her newfound wealth.  Why borrow the money to buy those shares from Brooke when he can simply marry the little sister with the big purse?  He managed to sweet talk Katie before with "pomes" and gave her a magical day in the park.  Maybe Ridge-Pen can even spring for a ring this time?

With $50 million at her disposal, Katie can keep her prized stud in the lifestyle to which he believes he is owed.  Plus, she gets the added thrill of taking away Brooke's "prize."

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

bittersweet4149, I'm not exactly sure what your feeling on Steffy are. Feel free to elaborate and tell us how you really feel ;)

I was raised to practice, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Since calling her a witch with a capital C would just be rude, I'll keep my feelings about the raggedy heifer to myself.  ;-)

See, and I didn't even say I hate her (but y'all know I do).

P.S. - reading all the Steffy hate here warms my heart. Our tribe is growing.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

Given how Quinn/Eric started (out of nowhere like Rick/Taylor before them), it's possible. I don't see Liam growing in that relationship like Quinn supposedly has with Eric or Katie either for that matter as it would still tie her to Bill and put a huge dent in Liam's relationship with his dad. The biggest thing Liam has going for him is his relationship with Bill.

Katie needs fresh blood after she's taken a break from dating to give her tear ducts a rest.

Also the obvious hook up reason for them was back when Bill took Will from her and she was a sobbing mess. Liam cocking his 'Save a Lady' hat and pulling a Rick to Bill's Nick to save Katie's Taylor would've made sense with Katie leaning a little to hard on Liam and Liam feeling his manhood a little too much and giving in to taste of the forbidden fruit of his dad's wife and mother of another brother.  Both Liam and Katie were in a mad enough place to screw Bill over that way, but the writers just passed it on by for Katie to be tearful but sane and resolute and Liam needing to protect Steffy from Quinn and not getting the hell out of LA and everyone else to clear his head.

Then again Liam's been MIA lately so maybe in a few weeks we'll see where Katie's been living and we'll get a reveal like we did of Quinn and Eric with Katie tucking Will into bed and then goes to her bedroom to find Liam waiting for her in bed and they get freaky as the show fades to black. Them having a just comfort sex relationship is plausible. Liam needs non-traumatic female comfort after the Eve trauma, Katie needs uncomplicated dadbod comfort at night.  Unlike Eric and Quinn believing they're in love, Liam and Katie I could oddly see compartmentalizing and keeping it casual and very, very secret.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jenrising said:

Wow. I don't even know how they fit so many petulant hypocrites in one room. 

Fun wasn't it?

What I can't figure out is if Well, if you're not going to the wedding, I'm going either-dimwits expect Eric to blindly sign a front-loaded Power of Attorney so Ridge can make his power grab when Eric get's a hangnail. If someone in the family (Thorne, you are a thorough coward) doesn't show up at the wedding to keep Eric unaware to their true intentions, he'll never trust their motives and go to Quinn for her opinion. The Forrester's will be at the mercy of Quinn, which is what they were trying to avoid and the last thing they wanted.

Oh, well ...

Hi, Felicia! You gorgeous woman ... Wish you were on B&B all the time.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Given how Quinn/Eric started (out of nowhere like Rick/Taylor before them), it's possible. I don't see Liam growing in that relationship like Quinn supposedly has with Eric or Katie either for that matter as it would still tie her to Bill and put a huge dent in Liam's relationship with his dad. The biggest thing Liam has going for him is his relationship with Bill.

There are plenty of potholes in their relationship; Liam trying to lighten $Bill's wallet for charity, outing $Bill's hypocritical second affair d'coeur with Brooke to Katie, and Liam's haranguing obsession with Steffy leaving Wyatt to return to him. So much to argue pointlessly about ...

Katie needs fresh blood after she's taken a break from dating to give her tear ducts a rest.

Katie cried all the way to the bank ... to misappropriate Liberace.

Also the obvious hook up reason for them was back when Bill took Will from her and she was a sobbing mess. Liam cocking his 'Save a Lady' hat and pulling a Rick to Bill's Nick to save Katie's Taylor would've made sense with Katie leaning a little to hard on Liam and Liam feeling his manhood a little too much and giving in to taste of the forbidden fruit of his dad's wife and mother of another brother.  Both Liam and Katie were in a mad enough place to screw Bill over that way, but the writers just passed it on by for Katie to be tearful but sane and resolute and Liam needing to protect Steffy from Quinn and not getting the hell out of LA and everyone else to clear his head.

There will have to be some sort preamble for Liam to drop his fixation in beating down Steffy's reticence in letting go of her marriage to Wyatt and glom on to Katie ... particularly when Quinn has sent Ivy on a mission to occupy Liam's time, and Ivy's keen for that action.

Liam has been steering a wide berth of $Bill since Monte Carlo, the divorce, and re-engagement to Brooke. Katie is mothering Will, spa-ing, recuperating from the divorce scrum with $Bill, and his intention to marry Brooke as soon as possible. I wonder if Katie knows that $Bill falsified her residency in Las Vegas to push the divorce through a Nevada divorce court.  

As unsavory or enticing as the Secret Cabin Sexxxytimes Concussion with Quinn may have been, it doesn't correlate that Liam has developed a yen for older women or revenge against his father and employer by schtupping Katie, not when he's possessed with We Was Robbed! and getting Steffy back. Granted, TIIC are not known for originality, and regularly recycle SLs, but so soon after Secret Cabin?

Then again Liam's been MIA lately so maybe in a few weeks we'll see where Katie's been living and we'll get a reveal like we did of Quinn and Eric with Katie tucking Will into bed and then goes to her bedroom to find Liam waiting for her in bed and they get freaky as the show fades to black. Them having a just comfort sex relationship is plausible. Liam needs non-traumatic female comfort after the Eve trauma, Katie needs uncomplicated dadbod comfort at night.  Unlike Eric and Quinn believing they're in love, Liam and Katie I could oddly see compartmentalizing and keeping it casual and very, very secret.

I don't miss one moment of Liam's absence, whining and begging Steffy to return to him, or arguing with Wyatt how he's the right man for Steffy because Wyatt didn't choke the life out of Quinn with his umbilical cord all those years ago.

I don't see Katie inflicting the doughy Liam on Will over cereal at the breakfast table the morning after or having to explain to $Bill why Uncle Liam was patting Mommy's pooper.

Were Katie to schtupp Liam it would be far away from her son, any other prying eyes or unexpected guests -- One must have room service at the No Tell Motel.

And here's where it all falls apart ...

Katie needs uncomplicated dadbod comfort at night.  Unlike Eric and Quinn believing they're in love, Liam and Katie I could oddly see compartmentalizing and keeping it casual and very, very secret.

Katie and Liam go entirely out of their way to fuck up and complicate an ingrown toenail and everything else they touch. It's all personal and All about Meee!, and they have to announce it to everyone within hearing.

Neither of them can keep their yaps shut to save their lives; they could no more keep quiet about Karma-ing each other's Sutras on the downlow, than $Bill would throw a life-line to a drowning man.

It ain't in their nature.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

(Mother hasn't been dead that long! WTF, Thorne?)

Three years is three years too long, given their history. Eric and Stephanie invented the concept of combatants with benefits, and all the canon twisting doesn't change how completely hateful Stephanie could be towards him and how Eric was cheating on her for most of their first marriage, well before Brooke ever became an issue. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, jenrising said:

Wow. I don't even know how they fit so many petulant hypocrites in one room. 

So much word to this!  Did that junior slattern with the misshapen face and lips actually tell Quinn that they love and respect granddaddy and that there are certain lines they won't cross?  After I nearly fell to the floor in a dead faint, I had to really sit and think about all the lines that bunch won't cross.

Let's see.  Ridge planted his lips on Bridget's and felt her up, first to "teach her a lesson," and later to explore their feelings.  They only put a stop to it after Eric caught them and they decided to make the supreme "sacrifice for the sake of the family."  As an added bonus, while Ridge is telling Eric that he and Bridget aren't related, they are both calling him "Dad."  Not to mention that Ridge firmly believes he is entitled to plow his father and brother's heifers.  His bona fides as a rapist were established nearly 30 years ago.  Since he has no boundaries, he will crawl his rusty butt into their beds even after they have had too much to drink or are zonked out on Xanax and can't give consent.  But all's fair in love and war, right?

ThomAss is a pyromaniac and a lying bum who agreed to lie that Brooke had sex with him while zonked out on some magical berries in exchange for Sante Kime's, er, Granny's stock, with the added bonus of his parents being reunited.  Instead of facing federal charges the way he should have, he received some "counseling."

Stuffy would have willingly spread her bony legs for a married $Bill, and stole Katie's ring to blackmail him.  She had no problem going after Lame and trying to pass off their secondhand relationship as love's young dream.  To accomplish that, she bullied and harassed Hope, a girl who should have busted a cap in her ass just because.  Oh, and she gladly gave up her tail to Rick--the guy who was her uncle--until he wasn't thanks to Granny's Adventures in Slutsville.

As for the sainted Granny Stephanie, who has been canonized, what lines didn't Satan's concubine cross?  I would suspect that setting up your daughter with your gigolo to see if she was frigid is a good start.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Oh, and she gladly gave up her tail to Rick--the guy who was her uncle--until he wasn't thanks to Granny's Adventures in Slutsville.

Mind you, this was barely aweek after Phoebe's funeral aired...one that would not have happened if Rick hadn't tried breaking her and lame Marcus up for revenge and Phoebe got pissed on her behalf (and also, Taylor).

Ridge planted his lips on Bridget's and felt her up, first to "teach her a lesson,"

WTF?!

I was in high school and I missed most of the initial story. What lesson was he teaching her that she hadn't learn from Deacon?!

As for the sainted Granny Stephanie, who has been canonized, what lines didn't Satan's concubine cross?  I would suspect that setting up your daughter with your gigolo to see if she was frigid is a good start.  

Bingo!

• Love 4

Back from vacation and binge watched 11 episodes. These 11 episodes could have been condensed into one or two because they were just wash, rinse, dry, and repeat.  

Eric, you would be a damn fool to sign a power of attorney.  It would be like having a loaded gun, held by Ridge, to your head.  Can someone please tell me who gave bitch face Maya the right to open up her mouth to throw shade on Quinn.  I can see Zende being there as a representative of his parents but as with Felicia, everything they know, about Quinn, is hearsay.

They don't give a flying fuck about Eric because they are not really objecting to the marriage but to Quinn getting a piece of the pie.  It's all about power and greed. Could you imagine how many episodes they can get out of the in-fighting that would occur at the reading of Eric's will?  I'm guessing about 30. 

• Love 5

Remember the old days when there was balance and nuance? Even most villains had about two people in their corner. But not even one person can say "I don't agree, but I'll support you" for Eric? And I guess Hermione Grainer must've placed an undetectable  extention charm on Steffy's purse and they are buried deep in there, along with her humanity ; that's the only reason for Wyatt to have not retrieved them after all this time. 

Shit, I'd even take Deacon getting over his jealousy long enough to be a witness to the wedding, since TIIC want to ignore Brooke in all this.

• Love 3

I am trying to decide which I like better; seeing Carter, seeing Felicia, or watching Quinn read Steffy like a cheap paperback.......eenie, meenie, miney, moe....and the winner is Quinn! As much as I like looking at Carter, and as much as I love Leslie Kaye, there ain't nothing like watching Puffy's face crack. It is long overdue that someone point out that Steffy's actions are having no effect on Quinn, and that she is only making herself look foolish, and is only hurting Wyatt and by extension Eric. And what did Puffy do? As always, when her stupidity and hypocrisy are being illuminated, she ran. And as always, she ran right back to her current support system; in this case the "fambly." Ah yes, that endearing and loving group, who think they know something about love and romance, and what is best for their Patriarch. 

So, let's just break it down:

Rick - Shall we start with Amber? How about Kimberly? And not to forget your forays into quasi incest with Phoebe and Steffy. Then you had that stroke of utter genius and decided to start shagging their mother; your mother's sworn enemy. Now, I won't hold your feet to the fire about Caroline, because Caroline stepped out on you, but your behavior after? Please don't forget Little Man, how you went off the deep end. How you became completely irrational, not to mention a power hungry tyrant that made everyone's life a living hell. Oh yes, there was also that little thing about shooting guns into occupied offices. 

Pam - Pam can take her accusing finger and stuff it up her self righteous ass. I have heard enough about your fucking Sainted Sister because she wasn't. And you, of all people, should understand that mental illness can be overcome. Then again, maybe I am out of line. You are a Douglas, and by virtue of that a Forrester, and their actions are always excepted and explained away. You had some scar tissue or something right? 

Thorne - Oh Thorne, really man? All those years of struggle with Macy? And let us not forget about your little side thing with Karen. Personally, I will never forgive you for ripping Brooke's heart out. Then, after finding your way back to Macy, you end up in bed with Darla, Macy's best friend. After marrying Darla, and bringing Ally into the world, you then take up with the woman who ran Darla over. 

Zeeendeeee (or not, cause that shit was all kinds of hilarious) - You are still something of a newbie, and you are young. Still, even though you are not a Forrester by blood, you are showing all the signs of becoming a Classic Waffle. You showed how you are unable to commit by lying to Nicole about being ok with her having a baby for Rick and Maya. Then you went on to fuck her best friend. Maybe in your head it was just a little somepin, somepin, but in Sasha's, it was a whole lot more and you knew it. But you went with it all the same, and when Nicole was Nicole again, you ran right back to her and dumped Sasha like nobody's business. 

Felicia - You little rebel. You certainly had your hands full with Jake and Zach in the early years. Then there was all that mess when you returned with Nick, and thinking your child was his, but it was from a one night stand with Dante. And how to forget all the trouble that ensued with your sister Bridget over him and Nick? 

Thomas - Ok as a kid, but a perfectly horrible adult. In your defense, I think most of your nastiness comes from your Wretched Mama, and her constant harping about how "Those evil Logan's have stolen the whole entire world from me and my kids!" But that doesn't explain away your nastiness. Lying about having sex with Brooke in order to get shares. Showing up at a distraught Caroline's hotel room and hopping in the sack with her. I don't give a rat's ass what you knew and didn't know, cause the fact remains, you were wholly aware that Caroline was your father's love interest. And after spending the entire evening listening to Caroline bemoan the loss of her relationship with Ridge, you were also wholly aware that she loved your dad and not you. But you fucked her all the same. 

Maya - Why are you voicing your opinion? After all the dissension you wrought by suddenly deciding you missed your chance at the brass ring? And don't you ever talk about integrity and honesty in the same breath, cause you carried around the hundred pound lie for over a year. And after Rick was ok with it, you two started your campaign of terror and destruction. You can just shut your mouth and take a seat. 

Steffy - Just like your brother, you were unfortunate enough to get the one two punch of having Taylor for a mother and Ridge for a father. However, you have taken that combo and ran with it with gusto. You are a person who revels in not only their hypocrisy, but their treachery. You love getting and keeping the upper hand on those you deem not worthy, i.e. Hope, Ivy. You had a relationship with your uncle, who had just broken up with and been involved in your twin sister's death. I won't go into all the gory details of the Hope years, but you know how you behaved. And don't let me forget about Bill and his shares and his wife Katie. 

Ridge - I saved you for last buddy! You know, there isn't enough space on any message board to fully cover your flaws. Waffler, arrogant, egotist, and a class A Prima Donna. Not to mention a real jackass jerk and Momma's boy. I dislike you immensely for your highhanded treatment of Brooke all these years, and trying to oust your father with this hostile takeover shit isn't far behind. 

If the fambly goes forward with this wedding ceremony boycott, I hope Eric goes on a rampage. I want to watch him rip that prenup to shreds; Quinn isn't interested in Eric's money or FC's. I then want him to sign that POA over to Quinn with Brooke as the secondary. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he kicks them all out of their company. That's right Eric, pony up the tough love and let your entitled family go out and start their own venture and see how hard it is to be a success without coming into already plowed fields. 

I.Hate.Steffy.Too.

• Love 20

Bravo to RuntheTable! Excellent post. Yep. That scene with Quinn and Steffy was priceless. Bye Felicia (not the actual one, well, she can go, too) and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Grandad's house.  It's kinda scary that the rest of the family looks up to Steffy as the leader.  Not kinda ... VERY!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha! To whomever made the Sante Kime reference. I confess I had to look her up, but that comparison to Stephanie was spot-on and I ended up ordering a book about SK from Amazon! Good job!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, grisgris said:

Bravo to RuntheTable! Excellent post. Yep. That scene with Quinn and Steffy was priceless. Bye Felicia (not the actual one, well, she can go, too) and don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out Grandad's house.  It's kinda scary that the rest of the family looks up to Steffy as the leader.  Not kinda ... VERY!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha! To whomever made the Sante Kime reference. I confess I had to look her up, but that comparison to Stephanie was spot-on and I ended up ordering a book about SK from Amazon! Good job!

That would have been me, GrisGris!  My friends and I observed years ago that Stephanie and Ridge's relationship was eerily similar to Sante and Kenny Kimes' relationship.  I remember they made an appearance on 60 Minutes once and it was chilling to watch them.  I've always believed that Stephanie would have bedded Ridge if she could have gotten away with it and that it wouldn't have bothered him in the least.  She once bragged about his sexual prowess to the virginal Original Recipe Caroline and even suggested that she put out lest Ridge seek sexual satisfaction elsewhere.

Caroline, Brooke and Taylor should have all run out the door screaming into the night the moment they saw how Stephanie was overly involved in, and obsessive about, Ridge and his love life.  I vaguely recall that during an argument with Eric years ago, she said that Ridge had become the man in her life out of necessity.  Yet, she turned right around and projected her own sick feelings onto Kristen, claiming that she was "too close" to Eric.  That's why she sicced Clarke on Kristen after sampling him herself.  Stephanie just hadn't counted on Clarke actually developing feelings for her although he was dating her daughter.  Stephanie and Clarke's little breakup scene was quite touching.

That's another reason I found Felicia's wanting to know why Daddy was marrying a crazy woman to be laughable.  Really?  This is the same Felicia who stayed away from home for years because she found Stephanie too overbearing.  Boo-boo, your daddy is experienced in marrying crazy women!

• Love 9