Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Quinn was never much of a danger to Hope, either. The miscarriage happened because Hope was at six months along and was wearing 8 inch stilettos in a rock garden  (don't most women's feet expand so that shoes of any sort aren't comfortable by the end? I've had friends whose feet grew a whole shoe size and stayed there after the kid was born!).

• Love 10

If I were Rick I would be furious that Brooke plans to hand over the Forrester stock to Ridge as soon as Bill gives it to her.  SHe should be holding on to the stock for herself or for Bridget and Rick.  Ridge can not be trusted to play nice with Rick once he has majority ownership of FC.  It is not right to choose Ridge and his children over her own children.

It would be interesting if Ivy fills Quinn in on the circumstances surrounding Aly's death.  I wonder what she would do with that nugget of information.  I think Thorne needs to know the truth about how his daughter died.

• Love 10

If I were Rick I would be furious that Brooke plans to hand over the Forrester stock to Ridge as soon as Bill gives it to her.  

Rick is furious over something all the time. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. I find Rick utterly and completely dull. Frankly, I'm bored with the whole Rick/Ridge CEO - ownership stuff. I appreciate more business type storylines, but this one just repeats, repeats and oh yeah repeats.

Brooke needs to slap herself upside the head for even considering giving the stock to Ridge. She needs to keep it herself and have some influence!

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

Dear Steffy,

STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU !!!!!!!*

or at least explain how Quinn is any danger to you.

Giving this post a "like" is a severe understatement!!! :)

• Love 13

So they brought Ivy back to be a puppet and to erase all evidence of her previous identity...okay. Getting rid of the accent makes no sense because everyone knows she has one. (I take offence to this foolishness because I have an accent, and I'd be pissed if I was asked to Americanise.) Ivy was too stupid to realise Quinn was making fun of everything that makes her unique. 

What is the point of this inane SL? Waffles wasn't in love with her when she left so what is Quinn's plan exactly? Make Ivy a warmer until Liam kicks her to the curb? Hack job writers.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 8

Poor dumb Wyatt.  Too bad Quinn didn't snap a picture of Steffy/Liam and send it to him as a wake-up call instead of asking Ivy to distract Liam.

At least Loading Dock Guy made an appearance so the episode wasn't a total waste. 

• Love 9

No more cranky Steffy. No more  Lame. Shame on the IIC;  Bring in the Old School 1995 Bold and The Beautiful! . Seriously, this takes place in L.A., are there no other ATTRACTIVE mates for these folks caught up in these Incestuous Love Triangles? Biurgghh?

I'm insulted by the IIC. THEY WRITE FOR 5TH GRADERS. no that insults 5th graders

• Love 8

So, once upon a time, remember,?Steffy was really cool, someone very real ACTUALLY, WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AT ONE TIME... Don't blame her portrayer,  That poor actress has nothing to do with the shitty scripting from TIIC, let's hope she returns to the cool girl. 

Poor SC. pretty good actor, Shit script.

Biggest crime is mixing DB in the shitty scripting. 

• Love 1

I always understood the whole thing about men not ever getting over Brooke. While still a beautiful woman, in her heyday, Brooke was the complete package; beautiful, smart, with unmatched charisma and sex appeal, an infectious charm, and a sunny and bright disposition. And of course KKL possesses one of the best and most endearing giggles in daytime.  I think Katie described her best when she was telling Brooke goodbye; Brooke has always been the beacon, the one eyes go to when she enters a room; the family's Golden Girl. Brooke knew how to get it done in the boardroom and the bedroom, and it drove Stephanie crazy. Stephanie never understood that having a healthy sex life with your partner is a good thing, and doesn't make you a "bad girl." But Stephanie never had a sex life, she was too busy trying to run Ridge's life, and keep him away from Brooke to be bothered with all that. Then, when Eric would stray she would be all bent out of shape; confused about how Eric could do this to her. I remember a scene with Stephanie and Brooke during Brooke's "bangs" era, when Stephanie was berating her for enjoying sex, and Brooke retorted that "If you and Taylor knew how to please your men, maybe they wouldn't be coming to me." Truer words were never spoken. Brooke instinctively knew how to make a man feel like he was the only man in the world; and that involved more than just sexing him up. 

And now I am expected to believe that Steffy has these same qualities? She has no loyalty, she is dark and morose, with a forbidding demeanor more fitting a much older woman. She rarely smiles or laughs, but we are supposed to see her as the !!!FUN!!! one. Sorry Show, but it takes more than you telling me someone is fun; I actually need to see that in action. And all this stuff about how Steffy is "tough", and a "rebel" and a "trailblazer", also falls flat. Again, sorry Show, but female motorcycle riders are pretty common place in today's world, you know, just like lady truck drivers and lady pilots, and lady police officers and ladies in the Armed Services. I would say riding a motorcycle if anything is passe today, and doesn't brand you as anything other than someone who enjoys that activity. There is also the question of hard work. Early on Brooke was a hard worker with school, playing mom to two younger sisters, helping with her mom's catering business, and later on as a chemist at FC's that discovered BeLief, then running FC's, and being the best CEO the company has every had. Steffy has never worked for a thing in her life, getting all her breaks through lies, manipulation, deceit and nepotism. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Steffy has what amounts to two young boys fighting over her. Any grown, mature man would run the other way. 

Bad move Quinn. And the first step to ending your relationship with Eric. No, it isn't criminal, but it is still meddling. And people can still get hurt; namely Ivy, who is apparently still carrying a torch for the Waffle. I hate that this is what AB was brought back for, although I did appreciate her snarky attitude to Steffy. However, I did notice a change in Wyatt's words to Thomas. Is he starting to get his head around what is actually going on here? Steffy is holding out that he will be the one to cave, and ask her for a divorce, then she can run back to her cosmic love and they can pick up their love story where it left off, and she will look as pure as the driven snow. Bitch. Bitch. Bitch. But NO SHOW! This is what needs to happen; Wyatt runs into Ivy and he starts telling her what has been going on and she feels bad for him and starts hanging with him as a friend, and they rediscover each other. Then, Wyatt sees Steffy and Liam in another of their illicit embraces, and has just had enough and files for divorce. There you go Puffy! Now go dress up your Waffle like the proper little twit you are. 

• Love 16

I agree that Quinn coaching Ivy is a misstep for her and goes against her claims to wanting to be a better person and really, she should want better for her son than to be someone's default choice (again). Using Ivy to "distract" Liam is only going to fuel Steffy's fire to pursue Liam all the more because those two are peas in a pod that only want what they can't have. How does that help Wyatt, exactly? 

It doesn't. 

The much better bet would be to dangle Ivy in front of Wyatt to redirect Puffy's gnat-sized attention span back towards Wyatt. Only I hope it backfires spectacularly as Wyatt divorces the trifling heifer and reunites with Ivy and that by that time, Liam will have moved on as well. 

I can dream, right?

Speaking of Ivy/Steffy...what an amazing contrast between the two. The one a shrill, rode hard, put away wet looking harpy. The other a sassy, fresh young woman. There are only about 4 years between these actresses but it looks more like 14.

• Love 17

This morning, for no particular reason, I was thinking about Liam's & Ivy's jaunt across the ocean, and I can't remember, did Liam tell Ivy that he found Steffy & Wyatt in what he thought was the throes of afterglow, while Steam were supposedly still committed to each other? My timeline is a bit fuzzy, so maybe he actually found them upon his return from Australia, I can't remember. In that case, I highly doubt Liam would have told Ivy. If it was before, maybe that'll be how he remembers,  just a friendly little reminder from Ivy. By now, though, it's almost a moo point (TM Joey Tribiani), because Liam still wants Steffy, even after she married his brother days after Liam supposedly skipped town. The stupid really hurts with this show.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, tessaray said:

At least Loading Dock Guy made an appearance so the episode wasn't a total waste. 

There needs to be a story with rumors of a book to be published about all the behind the scenes dirty scandals and dealings at Forrester and Spencer Publications and everyone is up in arms. Bill gets an advanced copy and it makes the rounds with everyone appalled at all the details being exposed. Accusations fly for it to be revealed - Loading Dock Guy wrote it. He's now living in Bali with Allison (Bill's former personal assistant) and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

18 minutes ago, nkotb said:

This morning, for no particular reason, I was thinking about Liam's & Ivy's jaunt across the ocean, and I can't remember, did Liam tell Ivy that he found Steffy & Wyatt in what he thought was the throes of afterglow, while Steam were supposedly still committed to each other? My timeline is a bit fuzzy, so maybe he actually found them upon his return from Australia, I can't remember.

Liam hit his head on the way to Australia then returned alone having dropped Ivy off, came home, saw Wyatt and Steffy asleep together in his bed, went to Spencer Publishing to sleep it off instead kicking Wyatt's ass out of his bed and throwing Steffy out with him.  Bill and Katie found Liam sleeping on the sofa in Bill's office (why he didn't go to the Four Seasons or his own office, no clue, perhaps the brain damage was affecting his judgement).  He announced he and Steffy were over, wouldn't say why, and also told him he quit as VP as Forrester job. I think he also mentioned that he needed some time off, etc. so that's why initially for Bill, Liam being MIA for so long made some sense.

No one but Liam's damaged brain cells know that he saw Steffy and Wyatt together in bed and reasonably assumed the worst. At this point it seems like he doesn't remember because he hasn't mentioned it OR he's tamping down on it because he doesn't want to admit that Steffy was sniffing around Wyatt before Quinn's Captive Cabin shenanigans.

I wish he'd remember and get that mad at her again so we could all move on.

• Love 13

You are correct, Tobin, thanks for the memory jog! I honestly couldn't remember the timeline. I knew he was pissed at Steffy when he went to Australia, but if I remember correctly now, that was about all the "accidents" that she was involved in, which resulted in varying degrees of injury (to Ivy) or death (to Aly).

In this soon-to-be-quadrangle, the only rootable person is Ivy; Liam is a total waffler, with a drip personality, Wyatt has no self-esteem & although I like Quinn, I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her son & deal with her, & then Steffy...I just don't have the words. If her last name wasn't "Forrester" she would be nothing, she has no personality, she's not exceptionally beautiful or talented, she's average at best (yes, I know she's a character!). Ivy, get away from all of them & find Oliver or someone else. You can do better, & keep the accent!

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

There needs to be a story with rumors of a book to be published about all the behind the scenes dirty scandals and dealings at Forrester and Spencer Publications and everyone is up in arms. Bill gets an advanced copy and it makes the rounds with everyone appalled at all the details being exposed. Accusations fly for it to be revealed - Loading Dock Guy wrote it. He's now living in Bali with Allison (Bill's former personal assistant) and they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Then they can have their own spin-off...I would totally watch that!

26 minutes ago, nkotb said:

In this soon-to-be-quadrangle, the only rootable person is Ivy; 

She is, which is why I'm rooting for her to tell all 3 of them to go to hell :)

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I knew he was pissed at Steffy when he went to Australia, but if I remember correctly now, that was about all the "accidents" that she was involved in, which resulted in varying degrees of injury (to Ivy) or death (to Aly).

Yeah, Liam actually was trying to take a hard stand with Steffy about leaving people alone to do their thing which she took as Liam taking Ivy's side over hers. Steffy was pissed because she knew Ivy confessed her love for Liam and Liam didn't exactly shut her down and said something mealy mouthed as "I'll always love you, too" leaving off 'as a friend' in his discussion with Ivy.

Throwing Aly in the mix was questionable as Steffy was fighting for her life in that moment, but one dead cousin is a tragedy, a second dead cousin in less than a year does make one give Steffy the side eye about the way she handles her business just a tad.

Then once again (like with Quinn and Hope) Liam has a feeling something is going to happen and he followed Steffy over to the Forrester home where she was indeed confronting Ivy over Liam while Ivy was literally trying to leave the house and L.A. forever. Steffy won! And yet she had to try to run Ivy out on a rail. And Steffy's going after Ivy wasn't just about Liam it was about how could Ivy do that to Wyatt so it was double a WTF on her end. Steffy just couldn't let it rest and down the stairs Ivy went. It wasn't unreasonable for Liam to be miffed at Steffy because she couldn't leave well enough alone. It was weird that he decided to actually go with her onto the plane as if she was that injured, she shouldn't have been flying. But if he felt that responsible for her, he should've had the Spencer jet fired up so she had a personal flight to Australia rather than have her take a commercial flight.

I'd love to see Oliver back, but given that Ivy used the death of his girlfriend as blackmail material against her romantic rival, I think he deserves a bit better.

Ivy and Wyatt were a nice couple save for the fact the idiot proposed to her inside of 6 weeks and he was obviously a rebound for Ivy.

I miss Oliver and Liam hanging out back in the day. Now he spends all his time with Wyatt and it blows.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 9

The Steffy = FUN thing only worked when she had Hope to compare her to. FUN being code for "putting out" I'm assuming,because other than that, the both of them were obnoxious and spoiled and I eventually stopped buying that Hope loved Liam either.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

So they brought Ivy back to be a puppet and to erase all evidence of her previous identity...okay. Getting rid of the accent makes no sense because everyone knows she has one. (I take offence to this foolishness because I have an accent, and I'd be pissed if I was asked to Americanise.) Ivy was too stupid to realise Quinn was making fun of everything that makes her unique. 

The ease with which these people are manipulated in the most obvious, ham-handed ways by Quinn (and Katie, for that matter) is ridiculous.  "Here, wear this.  Act like this.  Speak like this."  What?  Why?  How does that have anything to do with being a jewelry designer?  And, as noted, Ivy is a known commodity.  She's been at FC before.  She was even a model for FC.  Everyone knows her style and that she's Australian.  So dumb.

And Katie's bald-faced manipulations of Ridge are just as frustrating.  Dumb ole Ridge can't see it, though:  "What are you doing?"  Duh!  She's trying to wreck Brill's happily-ever-after by having you make another run at Brooke.  Is this really that hard to see?

Man, these Forresters are a dim bunch.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Speaking of Ivy/Steffy...what an amazing contrast between the two. The one a shrill, rode hard, put away wet looking harpy. The other a sassy, fresh young woman. There are only about 4 years between these actresses but it looks more like 14.

JMW should smack whoever came up with this turning Ivy into a Steffy clone idea. Because the copy looks a million times better than the "original" version. And actually tries to express a range of emotion beyond smug obnoxious.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Chickenhead ranting about there being millions of women in LA so why can't Waffles find one of his own? This coming from the dumb ass who only goes after his brother's sloppy seconds. SMDH

Wyatt is the new Thorne.

How long has he been on the show? He came onboard after JMW left and I think Steph was dead by then, so three years, tops? And of four women, two were on the rebound and one was stringing him on to make Liam jealous. He can take a seat.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Liam hit his head on the way to Australia then returned alone having dropped Ivy off, came home, saw Wyatt and Steffy asleep together in his bed, went to Spencer Publishing to sleep it off instead kicking Wyatt's ass out of his bed and throwing Steffy out with him.  Bill and Katie found Liam sleeping on the sofa in Bill's office (why he didn't go to the Four Seasons or his own office, no clue, perhaps the brain damage was affecting his judgement).  He announced he and Steffy were over, wouldn't say why, and also told him he quit as VP as Forrester job. I think he also mentioned that he needed some time off, etc. so that's why initially for Bill, Liam being MIA for so long made some sense.

No one but Liam's damaged brain cells know that he saw Steffy and Wyatt together in bed and reasonably assumed the worst. At this point it seems like he doesn't remember because he hasn't mentioned it OR he's tamping down on it because he doesn't want to admit that Steffy was sniffing around Wyatt before Quinn's Captive Cabin shenanigans.

I wish he'd remember and get that mad at her again so we could all move on.

Co-sign about moving on.

I hate Steffy.

We, the viewers, saw Steffy go all Hulkamania Brother! on Liam when she slapped the taste from his face after he married Ivy. We, the viewers, saw Steffy slap the hell out of Quinn in Monaco, when Quinn was obviously trying to avoid her and any subsequent confrontation. We, the viewers, have witnessed the bint get mad and go all Hulk Smash! at the slightest provocation, so Liam's lame ass can miss me with that bullshit about needing to protect that stank heifer.  He's just missing her cha-cha-cha-ing up his raggedy ass with a butt plug. 

As for the rest of them trying to "protect" Steffy? Like Rick James said, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

I. Hate. Steffy.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, jenrising said:

JMW should smack whoever came up with this turning Ivy into a Steffy clone idea. Because the copy looks a million times better than the "original" version. And actually tries to express a range of emotion beyond smug obnoxious.

I don't think the poor thing can muster up any other type of expressions of emotion because her face is frozen solid. I laughed at the bitch face she gave to Ivy when Quinn called Steffy and Liam into her office to greet Ivy. It's the same face she gives to Liam and Wyatt and Quinn.

I so wanted for Quinn to haul off and slap the taste of out of that bitch's mouth as she stood there and blatantly used her marriage to Quinn's son as blackmail. For starters, her logic, well, it had none. She loves Wyatt, but she can't go back to him until Quinn leaves Eric. Eric's happiness be damned and she kept using a circular argument when Quinn kept asking her why she's punishing Wyatt.  Secondly, it should finally resonate loud and clear to Quinn as to what kind of pompous ass her son is married to.  Quinn should be telling Wyatt to get the hell out of that marriage as quickly as possible. When Wyatt suggested (facetiously) to Thomas that he go file divorce papers, I was like, "YES!!! Go Wyatt! Go Wyatt!" She's not worth fighting over. Let her go back to Liam.

And speaking of ... there he goes again with his waffling shit. Why lead Ivy on by telling he missed her, he's looking out for her, etc.  (all spoken with that impish grin on his face, slight blush and a twinkle in his eye) when there is presumably no hope (non pun intended) for Ivy to get him back? (WHY would she want him is beyond me?)  And he sure didn't push Ivy away when she kissed him. How I wish that Steffy had walked in on that.

I really don't see that much difference in this version of Ivy than how she was looking right as she left the show. She had longer hair, and the eyeliner and was wearing sexier clothes. I think she looks great, but the hair's a bit OTT.  If this all that Ivy's been reduced to, then I'd prefer to see AB stick around long enough to perfect her American accent (solely for the purpose of enhancing her acting chops) and leave the show for greener pastures. This crap is nonsense.

• Love 12

Steffy needs protection as much as her grandma did. The only way she could become more like Stephanie is to have a son who she considers the love of her life and fight his battles. Hopefully, B&B will end before Steffy breeds with Waffles. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Steffy needs protection as much as her grandma did. The only way she could become more like Stephanie is to have a son who she considers the love of her life and fight his battles. Hopefully, B&B will end before Steffy breeds with Waffles. 

Steffy breeding with Waffles?!? Ugh, that just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I. Hate. Steffy.

• Love 11

Sadly, there seems to be little chance of her breeding with a non-Spencer unless by some twisting of canon Thomas was Thorne's son after all, because that's how it works in B&B Land.

And I'd still ship it before Thomas/Caroline or Steam.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wyatt is the new Thorne.

How long has he been on the show? He came onboard after JMW left and I think Steph was dead by then, so three years, tops? And of four women, two were on the rebound and one was stringing him on to make Liam jealous. He can take a seat.

Well, they have always posited Liam as waffles Ridge and Hope as his Taylor to Steffy as his Brooke. 

Hilariously this makes Bill the Stephanie of the group.

If Wyatt gets mega drunk and shoots Liam in the head over Steffy like Thorne did to Ridge and then forgets about it, then we'll really know they're just recycling scripts. 

Thing is Thorne lived his entire life in Ridge's banana hammock shadow. Wyatt has suffered only 3 or so years so, nope, can't feel for him when the only reason he's 'suffering' now is because he actively sets himself up in competition with Liam over women. With the whole Bill favoring, maybe I'd feel a little bad except Bill wasn't all too welcoming with Liam either when he first arrived; it took time for their bond to form. Wyatt wanted and expected instant acceptance and the family name and a place at the table immediately which...no...Bill doesn't have to do anything on Wyatt's (really, Quinn's) timetable just because Quinn gripes about it. Wyatt actually should be wary and all ' I was fine without your love and attention for this long, I'm not gonna demean myself to you who didn't want me way back when by competing with my brother who I've also known for all of less than 5 years.' 

• Love 5
On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 5:41 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Thing is Thorne lived his entire life in Ridge's banana hammock shadow. Wyatt has suffered only 3 or so years so, nope, can't feel for him when the only reason he's 'suffering' now is because he actively sets himself up in competition with Liam over women. With the whole Bill favoring, maybe I'd feel a little bad except Bill wasn't all too welcoming with Liam either when he first arrived; it took time for their bond to form. Wyatt wanted and expected instant acceptance and the family name and a place at the table immediately which...no...Bill doesn't have to do anything on Wyatt's (really, Quinn's) timetable just because Quinn gripes about it. Wyatt actually should be wary and all ' I was fine without your love and attention for this long, I'm not gonna demean myself to you who didn't want me way back when by competing with my brother who I've also known for all of less than 5 years.' 

All of this is why Liam/Wyatt as brothers competing just doesn't work. And yes, I was annoyed with Wyatt expecting Bill to give him shit after barely knowing him. At least TIIC developed the relationship between Liam and Bill so their dynamics made sense.

He needed to be more like Nick, who didn't care that much about the material stuff and only took control of Massimo's company because he wasn't going to let Jackie be used as blackmail to break it off with Brooke (and also the actor got better pay as Stephano on Days, so they had to be rid of him somehow).

Edited by Anna Yolei
Autocorrect goof ups :p
  • Love 4

Ok, I am going to take a seat because I think I spoke too soon. I hate that Quinn is meddling, and I hate that Ivy is being used as a plot device, but after yesterday's show, I think I am feeling a bit better about it. The look on Ivy's face as she watched Steffy and Liam canoodling, and Quinn's words, which really were on point, did a lot to assuage my doubts. I didn't like the idea of using Ivy, and her getting hurt again, but I can see that she is on board now, and for whatever reason, wants the Waffle back. Yeah, it is meddling, but at least Ivy and Quinn are not behaving like two morally bankrupt teenagers. I think I might like this new Ivy; sweet, but a little assertive too. And Quinn! I absolutely busted a gut when she nonchalantly opened the door and called those silly kids into the office. It was almost like when my mom used to call us in during the summer "hey you'all, time to come in now, playtime is over!" And then the joy of watching Steffy's face crack when Liam was all "Ivy? What is up with you girl?" Oh yeah, Puffy didn't like that shit at all, and when Puffy doesn't like something it makes me break out in song "Zipp-a-dee-doo-dah, zipp-a-dee-aye, my oh my it's gonna be a wonderful day!" 

If that conversation between Quinn and Steffy had been recorded and played back for a professional "head" doctor, I don't think they would be looking at Quinn. Steffy came off as a petulant, angry child who is not getting her way "I want this and I want that or else!" As my fellow poster grisgris so eloquently pointed out, Steffy's logic has no logic. My eyes rolled so hard I saw my own brain. How is staying away from Wyatt helping her cause when she see's Quinn daily in the office? Is she deliberately ignoring the fact that Quinn was no where near her or Wyatt? She never came to the beach house. She was staying away from family functions. She wasn't calling. So I don't get it; if you want to stay away from someone, wouldn't you do something that would actually, you know, keep them away? Oh, shut my stupid mouth, it is all about Steffy's ultimatum, and her demands that Quinn and Eric end their relationship. She doesn't have a fuck to give about Eric's happiness, because his happiness means that Little Miss Priss isn't getting her way. But we cannot lose sight of the real motivations here; it is all about saving Eric from Quinn and from himself, and all those terrible, horrible, crazy ass things Quinn has done and continues to due to him. Can't everyone see she is ruining Eric's life? Can't they see how miserable he is? The nerve of Quinn, making him want to live again, and making him smile, and want to be back at work contributing to the company that he built. And fuck her to hell for making him eat better and work out; that shit will only extend his life and keep the prize from his hateful family:

giphy.gif

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 13

You know, even if Quinn caved in and broke things off with Eric and left FC, there's no guarantee that Steffy would remain with Wyatt.  (Steffy is hardly the poster child for trust and integrity.) I'm more than pretty certain that she's just pull some other vague excuse out of her ass to end the marriage and be free for Liam.  All it would take would be for Steffy to catch Wyatt and Ivy having an innocent conversation at work and she'd go ballistic. Bonus points if they were sharing a friendly "welcome back" hug (which might take some time to work up to, but still damaging) and she's be spouting off that Wyatt was flirting and cheating on her with Ivy.

Speaking of waffling, I wish those shithead writers would just pick a lane and stay there. Either have Wyatt finally get fed up and pull the plug and send the bitch packing ... or ... have Lame finally regain that snippet of memory as to why he dumped Steffy. Either way, she's stuck with one or the other and can't continue to derail the latest fight for control of FC with her nonsensical ranting about her "fear of Quinn."  If the writers would let things fall into place as they should be, then this nonsense with Ivy could be put to bed. Let her be herself and she'll end up with either Wyatt or Liam -- sadly, by default -- at least in the beginning.

• Love 10

It feels like the writers have been dragging the Steam reunion out as long as any of Pratt's plots on Y&R, and with the same amount of plot advancement (namely, none). My guess is the writers didn't know what else to toss at them once Steam got back together, so they've just kept them apart for pretty much the entire year. I swear when Liam and Hope were being robbed that it self corrected within three months.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

It feels like the writers have been dragging the Steam reunion out as long as any of Pratt's plots on Y&R, and with the same amount of plot advancement (namely, none). My guess is the writers didn't know what else to toss at them once Steam got back together, so they've just kept them apart for pretty much the entire year. I swear when Liam and Hope were being robbed that it self corrected within three months.

I'm pretty sure Quiam was probably supposed to last a lot longer with Liam confused about his feelings for Quinn and alternately drawn to her and repulsed, Steffy grossed out by it, and Wyatt grossed out about it as well but preferring it to Steffy leaving him for Liam. With Quiam scuttled for Queric, that left Liam kinda aimless for a bit with him being dropped back into the tried and true crap story of 'We were robbed!' 4.0.

Ivy was probably brought back in as a tweak to give Liam another woman to bounce off of but once again the execution of Ivy working with Quinn, getting a makeover to look like Steffy to attract Liam, is quite frankly stupid.

A better alternative?  Ivy shows back up in town pregnant after an ill fated affair with someone in Australia. She decides to start over in L.A. back at Forrester. Liam's White Knight Captain Save a Damsel kicks in and he takes a protective interest in Ivy to the point of pulling away from Steffy, which Wyatt is happy about but Steffy not so happy about and she begins investigating Ivy's secret. Liam and Ivy legit fall in love and Liam pledges to be her baby daddy. Steffy discovers Ivy's true baby daddy, informs him of Ivy's whereabouts hoping that he will take her back to Australia and out of Liam's life.

Turns out Ivy's baby daddy is not a good dude (less abusive, more mobster- maybe he has ties to Colin and Cane over on Y&R! Let's call him Evil Jasper Jax) so when he comes to town Ivy freaks out, Steffy realizes she made a big mistake, and Liam is really dunzo with Steffy and all in on protecting Ivy and their family....and you spiral into other story beats out of that. Do Ivy and Liam live happily ever after or does she go back to the mobster? Do Livy go on the run to protect their family? Does the baby die? Does Ivy die and leave Liam with a kid? Does Ivy run away with the baby and leave Liam? Does this mobster target Forrester and/or Spencer Publications as a way to attack Liam and Ivy?

The point would be to move on from the triangle into something new. Period.

This stuff with Quinn once again meddling/manipulating Liam's love life with Wyatt trying to hold onto someone who doesn't want him and Steffy torn and Ivy being used is the same poop, different month.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 14

I'm calling it that just as Steffy is about to leave Wyatt, she realizes she's pregnant.   Waffles, recycling his advice to Hope, suggests that Steffy not have the child, because.... he wants her child to be his and .. uh ... reasons.

Steffy, given her fertility issues, is absolutely horrified at Waffles' suggestion. She lashes out at him because he knows her fertility issues (and how much she wants a child), and goes back to Wyatt.  Not out of a sense of duty as Hope did, but because she actually wants to.  Wyatt is of course thrilled, and Steffy realizes once and for all she chose the right brother.

This may or may not lead to a tiny bit of softening of her attitude toward Quinn.  Quinn, who *is* changing, remembers the Hope miscarriage and keeps her distance.  Eric is over the moon at another Forrester, his 2nd great grandchild (Dougie is 1st).  And this along with Quinn's encouragement give him an even larger new lease on life and ambition to build the company's legacy for the future.

I really believe that Steffy does love Wyatt.  She's said it to several people when she doesn't have to -- yesterday to Quinn.  Liam is Steffy's Ashley to her Scarlett.  At the end of GWTW (book) Scarlett tells Rhett that she never really loved Ashley, just that she had a dream man and Ashley came along and fit the suit of clothes.  The B&B version of that is Steffy imprinting on Liam when he saved her from bathtub drowning.

• Love 9

I'm down with that whole scenario Tobin laid out.  That was how stories used to flow back in the day back in the day.

Example: Amber began as a sidekick to Sheila, who was left floating in the wind after the latter left with Mary. She must've had fans or a contract obligation because she became Bridget's babysitter and has a flung with not-quite-legal Rick along with Usher and gets pregnant. She doesn't want to lose the good life after the baby dies, so she switches that baby with her cousin's and that chain of events leads to Deacon coming on the scene, which leads to Hope being spawned, which in a perfect world would've led to something beyond what amounted to two children fighting over a carnival prize in Liam.

Ooooh, what if Ivy's baby daddy was Little Eric? Doesn't matter how he got to Sydney...maybe he got a huge trust fund after Becky's parents gain custody or something. Then not only is there that drama but we could get Rick in a story that doesn't involve bashing Ridge and connects to his formative years.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

I really believe that Steffy does love Wyatt.  She's said it to several people when she doesn't have to -- yesterday to Quinn.  Liam is Steffy's Ashley to her Scarlett.  At the end of GWTW (book) Scarlett tells Rhett that she never really loved Ashley, just that she had a dream man and Ashley came along and fit the suit of clothes.  The B&B version of that is Steffy imprinting on Liam when he saved her from bathtub drowning.

Funny you'd use that analogy, because I've always thought Brooke was modeled to some degree after Scarlett, and that TIIC have tried in vain to make Steffy the new Brooke. But the analogy works just as well for Steffy. In spite of how insufferable she is, I would like to see her have one actual functional relationship and to break the cycle of stupid that her mother and stepmother stayed in with Ridge.

• Love 4

Not that we didn't know it was coming, but that was still a great Friday cliffhanger/event.

You knew it was coming with Eric talking to the portrait. He was trying to 'get her permission' and butter her up for what he was about to do.

My theory is Stephanie's portrait fell off the wall because it was hoping there was a fire in the fireplace where it would burn up and not have to witness any more of Eric's crap.

• Love 6

Ridge chowing down in Brooke's kitchen was oddly disconcerting. And good for Brooke for saying that just because Eric is making decisions Ridge doesn't like, doesn't mean he has early dementia. But she didn't try too hard to dissuade him, either.   (Show, please, please, please let Brooke back Eric when it counts.)

Eric's flashback montage didn't do much for me, as I avoided B&B like the plague when Stephanie was alive but I appreciate that they could do them with the original actors.  This is why we watch soaps and make that long term investment in a show. Their memories are ours, too.  

The Queric proposal was sweet.  

• Love 4

Y-E-E-S-S-S!!!!  Go Queric! Go Queric!  This is going to be AWESOME!  So which unwitting entitled brat recipient will be the first to hear the good news? A double-play with Sludge and Puffy would be ideal.  Yep. The final nail can be pounded into the coffin of Wyatt's marriage.

When/If Quinn and Wyatt would actually stop to think about it, when was Wyatt ever really happy with Steffy? Let's see, it started out with him being the crying shoulder for her moping over Liam.  They frolicked on the beach a few times and drank and few beers together then hopped into bed.  Talk about Extreme FUN!! Even Liam got to go piggyback in a hang glider or something like that. Oh, yeah. Wyatt got Steffy back to her motorcycle and she didn't even offer to take him for a spin on it. (I hope he can recoup that in the divorce settlement.) After that, Quinn started dropping in on them followed by Liam resuming sniffing around Steffy.  Sounds like a marriage worth fighting for. /eyeroll.

Some intern had their work cut out for them trying to cobble together of Eric and Stephanie in happy romantic times. Usually, if they weren't bickering or out and out fighting, Stephanie was rebuffing any of Eric's attempts at affection or she was pacing around the house alone while Eric was either out catting around or married to somebody else and moved out.

I have never ever seen Brooke Logan prepare food for anybody.  The very most were the few times she offered to make a sandwich for the kids.  Watching Sludge shove whatever it was into his greasy maw wasn't very pleasant, either. Nothing says romance like, "You'll always be my Logan" coming from a mouth full of food. (BTW, WTH was that all about anyway?) I always laugh when the women perform domestic chores. I think the funniest was watching Taylor (and sometimes Steffy would help her) folding laundry all the time.  As if ...

• Love 7
On September 8, 2016 at 8:41 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Well, they have always posited Liam as waffles Ridge and Hope as his Taylor to Steffy as his Brooke. 

Hilariously this makes Bill the Stephanie of the group.

That is hilarious!

On September 8, 2016 at 2:57 PM, KerleyQ said:

You know, that's the best part of Steffy/Wyatt - no "Cha Cha Cha."  

Which always reminded me of Purina Cat Chow, chow, chow, chow!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

It's disappointing that Brooke won't haul her butt over to Eric and get his side of the story.

I'm not sure it would make any difference if she did. Lately it just seems like she's sleepwalking through everything. I was hoping that getting back with $Bill would wake her up again and make her smile and bring her back to life. She smiled a little, but she's still in a funk. Come back, Brooke! I'd love to see her and $Bill be a real power couple. But since they're my favorite couple I don't expect them to last long enough to actually make it down the aisle. (Katie better not ride up on a horse.) But wouldn't it be nice if they did? And Brooke decided to rule the world? And be Queen of Spencer Publications and Forrester Creations? Another round of musical chairs! She could "demote" Ridge to being Head Designer and he could finally say to her, "Mother was right about you!" Hahaha! That would be a game changer and I'd expect it from this crummy Ridge.

And what's up with Waffle's charity foundation? What's the matter Waffles, can't make a decision on that either? People are starving and children are dying while you waffle about doing some good and making a difference in the world. Oh, wait, hounding Steffy is so much more important. Did that coffee table seashell he gave her have a GPS tracker in it? Hurry up, Waffles, I think she needs a bottle of water after her workout.

And speaking of Steffy, there can be only one explanation for that dress she was wearing with the clear packing tape straps - Loading Dock Guy must have been promoted to dress designer! Better watch your back, Ridge.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

And speaking of Steffy, there can be only one explanation for that dress she was wearing with the clear packing tape straps - Loading Dock Guy must have been promoted to dress designer! Better watch your back, Ridge.

That's disappointing, I'd think LDG would have better taste than that :)

Interesting that choosing a mate others don't like is a sign of early dementia.  My dementia must have been super early, my family couldn't stand the man I married when I was 22. Although I was divorced at 29, maybe I could have used that as a defense :)

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That's disappointing, I'd think LDG would have better taste than that :)

Interesting that choosing a mate others don't like is a sign of early dementia.  My dementia must have been super early, my family couldn't stand the man I married when I was 22. Although I was divorced at 29, maybe I could have used that as a defense :)

Hilarious. My early dementia set in when I was 21. I was miraculously cured when I divorced the POS at 25.

• Love 10