Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

You are so right on this.  Steffy was so hot for Liam, but let him disappear for a day or two and she's falling in love with Wyatt.  For that matter, wasn't Wyatt deeply in love with Ivy and now he's all hot for Steffy?  Makes no sense.  I guess wherever the dickey points north, that's where the engagement ring goes.  I sure would love to see Hope come trotting back to B&B just to see who fights over her again.  Idiots all.  

Since Wyatt makes it look like he was just with Ivy because he couldn't get his hands on Steffy, he really has no room to be mad at Ivy.  

• Love 5

Ugh, don't get me started! It's bad enough that they had to throw Bridget under the bus to reunite them, but then Nick went competely insane in trying to keep her away from Ridge, only to self-pwn by banging Bridget and telling Brooke only because he thought she was pregnant. And then he turns into a complete ass for his subsequent relationships.

He was basically Liam with a pair of balls and obsessed with having kids like his address was in Genoa City.

• Love 4

Hell, she could go full Liam and just decide that her engagement ring from Liam can now be her Wyatt engagement ring.

Haha that's what I was thinking! She can put the ring on the mantle and then Wyatt can give it to her!
  • Love 3

They use to put a hell of effort to write for the supercouples/couples from the past.  It took months, a year or even longer to build up a relationship.  It's such a shame soaps don't do romance like that anymore.    

It would be refreshing for TIIC to develop couples (and break them up) with more consideration than "I have a manicure today. I'll choose a new nail color and fiancé while I'm at the salon." 

The build-up and behavior for Liam and Steffy's break up was moronic, and the on-going Liamnesiac, Adam and Eve, "What is wrong with my son?", Steffy and Wyatt proposal on the beach waxes more imbecilic by the day.

Who can possibly believe Steffy has any legitimate concerns about Liam's radio silence after she's been an active participant and avid recipient of Wyatt's chase-woo-beach-feed-propose formulaic romance technique?

• Love 4

Every time I read about certain couples being a "super couple" I shake my head. The super couple has gone the way of the dodo and it's because the writers just don't take the time to develop them. It's like soap writers have ADD.

• Love 9

Every time I read about certain couples being a "super couple" I shake my head. The super couple has gone the way of the dodo and it's because the writers just don't take the time to develop them. It's like soap writers have ADD.

I remember that the Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle of suck ate up the show in a way no single pairing or character ever has before or since. Steffy had imprinted on Eggo after her fall and set all these traps to get him, being beyond pissed that he married Ivy barely six months ago....just to have her say "fuck it" and marry Wyatt because he's there. And she was billed as the anti-Hope once before?!

If she had an acknowledgement that Liam is a limp noodle, as Brooke occasional got with Ridge, that would be one thing; this just smacks of the same bratty behavior that used to piss me off about Lope--the running away and jumping to conclusions. And as I said there, they need to shit or get off the pot.

• Love 2

Yes! This, so much. Soaps used to take forever to get a couple together. Really make the audience sweat it. Watch their twists and turmoils before FINALLY getting the pay-off of an ILY or a love scene. Heck, sometimes you'd wait months just for a kiss. Now it's all insta-couples. They're thrown together on Monday, sleeping together on Tuesday, married on Wednesday, talking babies on Thursday, divorced by Friday. On to the next.

• Love 8

I remember that the Hope/Liam/Steffy triangle of suck ate up the show in a way no single pairing or character ever has before or since.

Compounded by the fact that it seemed nobody else had any storylines of their own and just acted as large Greek chorus to that triangle. At least when Brooke/Ridge/Taylor were a thing in the 90s, it was balanced out by other characters actually having their own storylines going on at the same time.

Bricky was always Bridget and Nick.  I wasn't necessarily opposed to Brooke and Nick, but oh lord...

I like Brooke and Nick. Nick and Bridget never worked for me.

Soaps used to take forever to get a couple together

Not just couples, but storylines in general.

That's if they bother to even develop a storyline. A lot of things are told to the audience instead of shown and played out.

*grumple* like Deacon and Quinn's problems that led to their separation. *grumble*. Again writer ADD. Just had to get to Quinn and Liam making out. Who needs to see what the heck caused Deacon to leave?

• Love 1

Stories also used to overlap and build onto one another. Even through her romantic issues, Brooke got as much time parenting a teenaged Rick and Bridget when I started watching this show as she did with whichever man was in her life at the time and whichever FC crisis needed quelling that week. Compared that to the Hope years where she existed on to cheerlead there or nowadays where she has no interaction with anyone outside of $Bill and Katie.

The FC takeover--how long did that take? That had to have been at least three months at least, between the Forresters' crooked lawyer figuring out Brooke could claim the patent to her owning 51 percent of the shares. And unlike the subsequent changes in power, Brooke was CEO for ten RL years straight, so when she was ousted by Stephanie we actually cared about what happened next. I honestly don't know who holds which titles anymore; it will all change next week, so who gives a shit?

• Love 5

For me, Bricky was always Bridget and Nick. I wasn't necessarily opposed to Brooke and Nick, but oh lord...

I have to wonder why TIIC thought that pairing was a great idea barely a year out from the Ridge fiasco and two years removed from her marriage to Deacon. Why did they need Bridget as the obstacle to Nick when Felicia would have worked just as well and kept Stephanie in her or it to slut-shame her as Bell is wont to write for?

And it wasn't like their next few go around got any better, either.

• Love 2

I honestly don't know who holds which titles anymore; it will all change next week, so who gives a shit?

That's been one problem with the show these last few years...people's titles change, ownership changes, companies come and go (Jackie M, anyone?)...it does make it harder to be invested in the drama.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

The reason I don't like this thing with Quinn and Liam is that I think it's on the verge of becoming another Thomas and Caroline situation. I never like seeing someone being taken advantage of because they're not in a position to give informed consent. Even Liam doesn't deserve what Quinn is doing to him, IMO, and for such a lame reason. (And frankly, I don't know what a good reason would be to keep someone who's clearly suffering brain damage from getting medical attention.)

I quickly stopped and deleted the show when it got to the Liam and Quinn making out. I can only hope that's all the farther it goes because if it goes further than that, it's rape. Liam has no fucking clue who he is, let alone who Quinn is, and if he knew, there's no way in hell (hate sex fans notwithstanding) that he'd ever want to bed Quinn willingly. 

That's rape in my book and on the heels of Thomas/Caroline, I just don't know about this show anymore and don't know that Detective Hardon would be enough to keep me watching.

• Love 5

I quickly stopped and deleted the show when it got to the Liam and Quinn making out. I can only hope that's all the farther it goes because if it goes further than that, it's rape. Liam has no fucking clue who he is, let alone who Quinn is, and if he knew, there's no way in hell (hate sex fans notwithstanding) that he'd ever want to bed Quinn willingly.

Someone on twitter asked Scott Clifton how he felt about playing a rape victim and he said he doesn't view it as rape.  He views it at most as fraud. 

I don't know.  If this was Bill and Hope what would the view be?

I don't know how Quinn comes out of this not being completely ruined and quite honestly I don't know if she will be ruined more by the rapiness of this story or the fact that one of the most interesting things about her is being thrown out the window - her hatred of Liam.

• Love 7

Yeah, at this point I'm barely hanging on until CM shows up. Last year Y&R went through a phase where multiple people were put into these no-informed-consent situations and at least a couple of the scenarios were actually played for laughs. We all figured it was because of the new head writer but now it's starting to look like it might be a CBS Daytime problem, IMO.

Someone on twitter asked Scott Clifton how he felt about playing a rape victim and he said he doesn't view it as rape.  He views it at most as fraud.

He's entitled to his opinion. A lot of people don't believe men can be raped, and certainly not by a woman. He might be one of those guys who'd be loath to call it what it is because that would be a perceived shot to their masculinity.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

So did the writers conveniently turn Deacon back to the dark side so fans will feel sorry for Quinn and make Quinn and Liam more palatable?

I'm so not buying into this.  As a soap fan I can never have anything nice.

• Love 8

This shit show. which I haven't watched for weeks, was on the screen when I went to pick up my dry cleaning and I saw Quinn and Liam kissing and I am ILL, I tell you, ILL!!! from the sight. Gross. Gag me with a maggot. We should plan a Twitter storm one day to let these writers know how badly they suck. #WhatHaveYouDonetoMySoap?

Also, Quinn, if you're going to sexually abuse an amnesiac, get a hair cut. You're looking haggard, girl. #Bold&BeautifulWritersLazyasFuck

• Love 5

It would be refreshing for TIIC to develop couples (and break them up) with more consideration than "I have a manicure today. I'll choose a new nail color and fiancé while I'm at the salon." 

The build-up and behavior for Liam and Steffy's break up was moronic, and the on-going Liamnesiac, Adam and Eve, "What is wrong with my son?", Steffy and Wyatt proposal on the beach waxes more imbecilic by the day.

Who can possibly believe Steffy has any legitimate concerns about Liam's radio silence after she's been an active participant and avid recipient of Wyatt's chase-woo-beach-feed-propose formulaic romance technique?

I had a interesting conversation with someone on daytime's deteriorated writing.  She thought limited speedy writing, taping with very little time for rehearsal and limited budget were probably the causes. I am neither a writer nor an actor, but I do know one rule hold truth all the time: quality work is the result of effort, patience, time and investment. So it probably explains the bad writing, weak dialogue and even awkward delivery sometimes.  I also read an article written by Tristan Rogers. He claimed the reason for the demise of daytime genre today are that soaps are running under someone who has little interest, current writers' extensive focus on plot device and tech staff with little investment on elsewhere. But one thing  B&B has advantages over GH, Days and Y&R: it is owned by Bell and has more budget. Can't Bradley Bell make changes for the better or he just doesn't care about his family legacy?

I am so done with the storylines right now. Can Caroline and Ridge please return?

Caroline will appear appear after tomorrow and Ridge will return on Feb 18

Here's the spoiler for this week

Feb 10

Quinn finds a flawless solution to Steffy's need to hear from Liam personally.

Caroline questions Thomas' disapproval of Steffy and her relationships with the Spencer brothers.

Feb 11

Steffy finally receives the call she's been waiting for.

Thomas makes a startling admission of remorse to Caroline.

Feb 12

Cupid's arrow strikes two unlikely couples as both pairs take their relationships to the next level.

Caroline accidentally learns important info when Thomas takes her to the emergency room.

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 1

That's rape in my book and on the heels of Thomas/Caroline, I just don't know about this show anymore and don't know that Detective Hardon would be enough to keep me watching.

Delurking to comment, not watching, missing all y'all.

This kind of thing happening is not going to come racing back to the Show.

Dear Bradley Bell,

Rape is not entertainment.

No love, from your alienated viewer,

Catalogrrr

/delurking (still miss and love all y'all)

• Love 10

I honestly don't know what's going on with this show.  This whole story with Quinn and Liam (and now who will probably be blackmailing Deacon) feels like it has been completely pulled out of the writer's asses.  Seriously, Deacon and Quinn hate each other; Quinn dumped him and brought a place in the mountains?  It just feels completely incoherent to me.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 3

Wow, this is a really disturbing storyline. I cannot figure out which appalls me more--Quinn's complete disregard of what is obviously a brain injury of some sort, or her weirdly being attracted to a guy she loathes and tried to kill, and who is her son's brother.  The only good thing is when Bill finds out what Quinn did--that reaction will be worth waiting for.

And now we have poor Quinn as a child with a horrible mother.  What is the point of that?

And Deacon!  WTH?

• Love 6

Feb 12

Cupid's arrow strikes two unlikely couples as both pairs take their relationships to the next level.

Yuck I guess Quinn and Liam are doing the deed (typing that just made me ill), as well as Steffy and Wyatt.

• Love 2

Someone on twitter asked Scott Clifton how he felt about playing a rape victim and he said he doesn't view it as rape. He views it at most as fraud.

I don't know. If this was Bill and Hope what would the view be?

I know what MY view would be.

If TIIC needed to pair these two up, they could've gotten drunk over his despair over Steffy and her out-of-the-blue disillusionment of Deacon and had drunk sex with one another.

There, easy as shit and no rape or manipulation involved. That idea I literally hammered out while I'm on a 30 minute lunch break at work.

I don't know how Quinn comes out of this not being completely ruined and quite honestly I don't know if she will be ruined more by the rapiness of this story or the fact that one of the most interesting things about her is being thrown out the window - her hatred of Liam.

Lol :D
  • Love 5

Somehow I can't help but think Deacon is going to be the bad guy in this. By having a glimpse into Quinn's past and Deacon apparently just in it for a free ride I guess the writers hope fans will forget how Quinn started this and just feel sorry for her and think Quinn deserves happiness (even though she doesn't care about anyone else's).

The writers having Deacon going back to his con artist ways reeks of plot pointy writing.

• Love 5
Guest Alleystone

The only thing that I can say about today's shit fest is that RS is one hell of an actress.

Definitely Agreed. She can carry a poorly-written storyline and make it work.     

• Love 3

Quinn getting a flashback to an unhappy childhood...in black and white, even? Not even remotely subtle, show. (See also Stephanie in therapy, 2006-07.). Not that making her at least a little sympathetic is bad; it's just that we've been here before, in kind of the same fashion. And I'm STILL not entirely sure about what's up with Deacon at this point, apart from being Plot's Bitch.

OTOH..Katie seems to have backed away from the crazy (for the moment), so halfsies?

• Love 3

OK. So I get that now we're supposed to feel sympathy and understanding for Quinn because she had an emotionally and mentally abusive mother. Where was Quinn's father? Quinn is what, in her mid-to-late 40s? That would mean she was a child in the 60s-70s. By then, it wasn't an automatic deal breaker for a woman to be raising a kid as a single mom. (The was kind of dated/sexist the way Quinn's mother's "boyfriend" bailed at the first sight of young Quinn. /eyeroll.) Also, was there an allusion that Quinn's mother was a prostitute? I picked that up when she made the remark about "needing to eat."

I'm glad that Deacon showed up and I hope he busts up this budding reverse Stockholm Syndrome--pronto! I do not want to see Quinn and Liam have sex. I'd rather sacrifice Wyatt (once again) and blow Quinn's scheme before it goes any further. That also pulls Quinn out before she goes too far and the character is painted into a corner. (We all know how that turns out. Ask Kyle Lowder, Ashlyn Pearce, Winsor Harmon...)

I'm curious as to what Bell has in store for the return of Deacon. Didn't we discuss that he hinted that he had a major SL coming up for SK? (Maybe I imagined this.) Perhaps when Katie becomes a drunk, she'll head to AA and hook up with Deacon.

I'd still love to see a Steffy-Deacon pairing. I think those two would be perfect. We'd have the added benefit of watching Ridge's, Brooke's and Bill's heads explode in unison.

• Love 5

I heard about the storyline for SK but I'm not placing any money on it. I can't help but think he'll blackmail Quinn then disappear again and will pop up in a few weeks. I would love to see him hook up with Katie or Steffy (let all the Spencer men heads explode) but I'm to the point that I don't expect anything FOR Deacon.

I wouldn't mind this story line if they don't have Quinn and Liam have sex while he still doesn't know the truth.  It could be an interesting story (and RS could play the hell out of it) if they genuinely fall for each other, and she keeps pulling back from taking that step, and we actually get some build up, including him discovering who he is and being conflicted about his feelings for the Quinn he's getting to know now (because she has opened up to him and shared things about her that it seems she hasn't shared with anyone else), versus the Quinn he knew before and their mutual antagonism prior to the cabin.  

RS and SC have really good chemistry, and the show should utilize it in a way that doesn't taint either of them.  Right now it just comes across like they watched GH and thought the crappy story written to trash Liz was a great idea they needed to copy in some form.  I don't need to see two characters/actresses that I like get trashed like this. 

• Love 7
True Blood did a very similar storyline with Sookie & Eric. At the time she was hiding him / isolating him for his safety and he had complete memory loss. He fell in love with her and they had sex a lot. It was great since Alexander Skarsgard got naked. But it conveyed that his amnesia made him act more innocent and likable and dropped defenses and vices allowed her to admit to buried feelings. The memory loss made both let their guards down.
  • Love 7

I'd still love to see a Steffy-Deacon pairing. I think those two would be perfect. We'd have the added benefit of watching Ridge's, Brooke's and Bill's heads explode in unison.

It's not just Ridge, Brooke, and $Bill will lose their minds. The whole Forrester fam-damily will go mad. Liam, Wyatt and Quinn will lose their collective grip should their plans be upended by Deacon schtupping Steffy.

I'm not sorry to see Deacon. He may be the only person to make Quinn see sense in the folly of hiding Liamnesiac so Wyatt can keep up his pursuit of Steffy.

• Love 2

It's not just Ridge, Brooke, and $Bill will lose their minds. The whole Forrester fam-damily will go mad. Liam, Wyatt and Quinn will lose their collective grip should their plans be upended by Deacon schtupping Steffy.

Only if he lets them all listen to him and her having sex for the first time via the phone.

• Love 6

I know what MY view would be.

If TIIC needed to pair these two up, they could've gotten drunk over his despair over Steffy and her out-of-the-blue disillusionment of Deacon and had drunk sex with one another.

There, easy as shit and no rape or manipulation involved. That idea I literally hammered out while I'm on a 30 minute lunch break at work.

Lol :D

Plenty consider drunk sex rape, as you can't consent while impaired (Thomas and Caroline)
  • Love 2
It was great since Alexander Skarsgard got naked.

Which is why there is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON TO WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE! SC/Liam shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph as ASkars (probably NSFW). Are you kidding me right now?!!!???! Lawd, let me go sit down for a minute. I can't even...

I dunno, even with amnesia there's a serious power imbalance between a vampire and a regular human (fae, but whatever...). Plus, there'd already been a definite attraction there. Quinn knows Liam would not otherwise get anywhere near kissing her romantically much less have sex with her. And she's not protecting him, she's basically holding him captive so Wyatt can make inroads with Steffy.

As long as they're examining Quinn's backstory, I wonder if we'll find out that some cool girl stole her boyfriend in high school. She really seems stuck in some kind of pattern involving trying to remove all obstacles to Wyatt having whoever his current dream woman is.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1

I could get onboard the Steffy/Deacon train, especially as Deacon/Quinn has now been thoroughly ruined by turning Deacon back into the paint-by-numbers con artist drifter he was when he first came on the show. SK deserves so much better and it would be fun watching these two tangle.

They are two peas in a pod and my, how the heads would spin.

• Love 1

Which is why there is ABSOLUTELY NO COMPARISON TO WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE! SC/Liam shouldn't even be mentioned in the same paragraph as ASkars (probably NSFW). Are you kidding me right now?!!!???! Lawd, let me go sit down for a minute. I can't even...

Hot damn! And to think stupid Sookie chose Beel over that! Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 4

I could get onboard the Steffy/Deacon train, especially as Deacon/Quinn has now been thoroughly ruined by turning Deacon back into the paint-by-numbers con artist drifter he was when he first came on the show. SK deserves so much better and it would be fun watching these two tangle.

He does deserve better and so does his fans.  I feel like I'm watching GH all over again.

The writing for Deacon and Quinn is driving me crazy.  So Deacon has been scamming Quinn all this time and yet Quinn told Wyatt when Wyatt started going in on him that Deacon was a good man.  Well, what is it?  Is Deacon shit or is he a good man?  It feels like the writers are throwing shit against the wall and expect fans to forget the way they do.

And what is really driving me nuts is that this is being done for Liam.  Rena Sofer is getting airtime again because she is hooked up with SC.  Apparently that's the only way you get screen time on this show - you have to be hooked up with a certain chosen few. 

• Love 4

Hot damn! And to think stupid Sookie chose Beel over that!

As an aside, I always thought Eric and Sookie had way better Chem together and she and Bill. If the former had been cast as Bill I could have found the character more....tolerable ;)
  • Love 1

As an aside, I always thought Eric and Sookie had way better Chem together and she and Bill. If the former had been cast as Bill I could have found the character more....tolerable ;)

Same here. Season 4 of TB was my favorite season ever (that and the episode in Season 2 where he tricks Sookie into drinking his blood and she has that fantasy about him). Although I was annoyed that they didn't do the books justice (i.e. the shower scene) and had that Chronicles of Narnia scene-esque scene in the woods instead. Add to that the fact that Sookie should have ended up with Eric and not that unknown stranger at the end. 

• Love 1