Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Ridge looks like he has brain damage or something. So strange. No one asks him where he's been, how he survived the fall, where'd he get those angelic white clothes, where he's been staying.

Disappointed that the episode didn't end with "how's Mom" or "take me home to my wife, I want to see Taylor, Phoebe, Steffy and Thomas". Or better yet, "What happened to my hair and my face? I used to have a mullet, a can of black dye, and ginsu cheekbones."

And that white outfit highlights even more how fat this man is by soap standards. He looked like a barrel.

• Love 9

I know they're all thrilled and surprised to see Ridge, but I agree that it makes no sense that not one person has asked "Where have you been??"  Hell, no one has even asked if he's okay.  And with the way he's acting, that needs to be question number one.

I'm so glad to finally see Deacon - Sean Kanan is why I decided to start watching this show, and so far I am not disappointed.  

• Love 3
(edited)

That isn't Ridge. It's Pidge Dorrester, his doppelgänger from Down Under. Pidge is on vacation in Dubai and had gotten royally pissed the night before. He was on the beach nursing a hangover when this attractive blonde ran over and threw herself on him. Pidge, being a laid back Aussie, just decided to go with the flow. Might get him laid, he figured.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 8

So I guess the spoilers about Bill & Justin finding Ridge and keeping him in a secret location were false, which is a real shame because I was looking forward to seeing Ridge bound in some sort of subterranean cavern, filthy and in agony and desperate for help, watched over in shifts by Bill & Justin as they figure out a way to reintroduce their nemesis to the land of the living while ducking blame for the whole thing. Instead we had a comparatively lacklustre discovery of a man who looks like he either escaped a hippie commune or was abducted and probed by aliens, with no injuries whatsoever, and suffering from about ten minutes worth of amnesia. On the beach, in front of the hotel. After helicopters, planes, boats and foot soldiers searched the ENTIRE GULF looking for a foreign national. Could Ridge have wandered in a daze out of a nearby hospital? But surely there would be an admission record, or even just a nurse would could identify him from a photo. Help from fishermen? I bet you there was a $$$ reward on offer; no one would let a prize like that just walk off. Where did he get the new clothes? Why isn't he injured? Why go with partial amnesia when the full-blown strain is much more fun? No mid-air fist-fight, no Ericatie, no sex dungeon - I mean, torture cavern, and too many unanswered questions - I'm very disappointed in the overall direction this story has taken. Except maybe for this:

Eric got me today; JM did a good job with his reaction to seeing Ridge.

RuntheTable, I've watched this scene a hundred times already today and it hurts me every single time. God I love John McCook.

...when Eric was talking out loud up to heaven to Stephanie (I think he should have been looking in a more southern, warmer direction)

Too right donovan!

I'm confused by how Brooke and Eric couldn't see how confused Ridge looked.  Why is no one suggesting to take him to a hospital or something?

No joke! Dude was like "who the bleep are these people?" If somebody has fallen out of a chopper into the sea, you take him to the hospital for a check-up.

This may be my bias for these characters at play, but I'd argue that Eric & Brooke were too excited to see Ridge alive in the first instance to worry about anything else. The promo for tomorrow has Brooke saying to Eric something like "Ridge seems out of sorts" (to which we all say "No shit, Sherlock"), so maybe they organise some sort of health check in later episodes? (Probably not.) Not saying that not getting medical help isn't boneheaded, but I can sort of see how anxious, stressed-out loved ones who are one step away from a mental breakdown themselves can take leave of common sense in a moment like this.

Talk about being self centered; here is Thorne, a man who has lost so much, and has always been the "also ran" brother, talking about losing someone else he loves, but still finding it in himself to offer solace to Katie. And what does Katie do? Nothing.

She was like this on the plane over, too. Eric would say, "We're gonna find Ridge, he'll be there waiting for us, etc.", and Katie would say "But what if he's not? My life would be over!!!" It's times like these when I wonder how I started off being a fan of her. (I still like Heather Tom, though.)

And that white outfit highlights even more how fat this man is by soap standards. He looked like a barrel.

More to love, I say!

That isn't Ridge. It's Pidge Dorrester, his doppelgänger from Down Under. Pidge is on vacation in Dubai and had gotten royally pissed the night before. He was on the beach nursing a hangover when this attractive blonde ran over and threw herself on him. Pidge, being a laid back Aussie, just decided to go with the flow. Might get him laid.

As a fellow laid back Aussie, I can totally go with this. The man doesn't need a hospital, he needs a kebab!

I was surprised that Quinn didn't bolt out of that chair and start locking Deacon up in chains.

Give it time.

• Love 6

Ridge looks like he has brain damage or something. So strange. No one asks him where he's been, how he survived the fall, where'd he get those angelic white clothes, where he's been staying.

True. He looked to me like he was hungry. Maybe he was walking along the shore to do some noodling for fish! You know he is a big fella, and yes the... white made him look bulked up, not buffed up. Just watching his eyes dart back and forth as though it were difficult for him to concentrate on being" amnesiacRidge" was cheesy in my opinion. BUT, he sure took to mama Logan huh!  Once again, poor pitiful Katie. Brooke's got her man back.

As far as Deacon goes, he did this

So I will always have a soft spot for him.

I flove Deacon, but all that clip did was make me miss Ronnn Mosss even more! And Whip.

I'm so bummed to hear that Ridge didn't come back recast. Even the mermaid didn't want this version of stinky Ridge. Well, I guess everyone can honestly say Ridge is all washed up now.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just watched Monday and Tuesday episodes.  I loved how Brooke would not shut the fuck up from discovering Ridge the White on the beach all the way up to the condo.  He didn't have the chance to ask about anybody, his children, his fiance, his clothes that he lost in the Persian Gulf.  He did refer to Brooke as Logan, so we know he doesn't have total amnesia, it's probably partial, it didn't seem like he recognized Katie and her red ribbon.

Deacon's been on three days and already he's drinking, lying, and hanging out with Quinn.  This doesn't bode well for the citizens of Los Angeles.

I remain convinced that Ridge was picked up by Prince Omar's barge, scrubbed down, exfoliated, moisturized and put in a tropical lightweight gauze white suit from International Male.  He's a real prince.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 2

Where did he get the new clothes? Why isn't he injured? Why go with partial amnesia when the full-blown strain is much more fun? No mid-air fist-fight, no Ericatie, no sex dungeon - I mean, torture cavern, and too many unanswered questions - I'm very disappointed in the overall direction this story has taken.

You are TOO funny! Thanks for the smile this morning :)

I keep looking at all that beach, and no people on it.  Why is all that clean beach left alone?  Not a single bather/basker from here to the horizon.  People too busy working?  Forbidden?  The beach is poison?  

• Love 1
his clothes that he lost in the Persian Gulf.

Where's the bonus scene for this?!?! Goodness gracious me.

You are TOO funny! Thanks for the smile this morning :)

Haha, you're welcome ByTor! :)

The beach is poison?

THE BEACH IS LAVA

My guess is that it's a private beach closed off exclusively to the resort, but even so, surely Brooke & Bill weren't the only people staying there...

• Love 1

Disappointed that the episode didn't end with "how's Mom" or "take me home to my wife, I want to see Taylor, Phoebe, Steffy and Thomas". Or better yet, "What happened to my hair and my face? I used to have a mullet, a can of black dye, and ginsu cheekbones."

Um, Ridge showed how brain damaged he was years ago when he slept with Migraine Morgan on the basis of an email.  You know, because she just HAD to get pregnant that day!  Never mind that he could have easily rejected what he thought was his wife's request to impregnate a woman who probably ovulates every month.

I hope these people have enough sense to take him to a hospital for a thorough examination and that he and his family don't depend on Brooke to drop everything to nurse yet another patient while he tries to regain his bearings.  He's Katie's problem now; let her deal with him.  As for his white clothes, I'm just relieved they didn't have Ridge come back surrounded by a halo of light.  Then he would have been just perfect for "Saint" Katie.

• Love 1

Didn't Deacon also karate kick Whip in the face?  Those always simultaneously embarrassed and delighted me.  I know that SK has some martial arts training, but I loved how B&B never felt the need to explain why/how this trash dude from the desert was going all Ryu on people with the roundhouse kicks to the face.

• Love 5

Pidge Dorrister, the doppelgänger from Down Under, is thinking, "I thought the sexy blonde sheila was my woman, but this sad sack with a stupid string tied to her finger is acting like she is! Bugger me!"

• Love 4
(edited)

What I can't abide is the return of the Ridge Forrester Praise and Worship Hour.  Because, you know, according to Hope, he's the bestest dad EVER!  Never mind the insidious ways this creep made it clear that she was a "stain" on the Forrester "fambly."  I had to let that sink in for several minutes when he uttered it to Brooke.  Hope's a "stain" on a family of would-be murderers, arsonists, rapists, rape facilitators, mental defectives and thieves.  All because of the circumstances of her birth--a situation she had no control over.  What startled me even more was that Brooke didn't slap the cowboy shit out of him the moment the words left his mouth.  This is also the same great dad who all but told her to suck it up when his little lamby pie snagged Lame. 

He's just the bestest dad EVER(!) although he flitted in and out of RJ's life as the need arose, always running back to claim his trophy son when Nick was with Brooke.  He even admitted to deliberately neglecting the Tridge nuggets because he wanted to "prove" to Brooke that she was first.  Of course, Brooke's relationship with Nick was the catalyst for this.

All these wonderful attributes being thrown Ridge's way--just because he nearly died and came back dressed in white.  Yet, it wasn't that long ago that he pulled an attempted coup at FC; insulted Brooke's kids and Oliver; and treated Brooke, along with his ribbon-wearing fiancee, with the utmost disdain.  Now, she may be charged with helping him get over the hump, so to speak, while sister Katie desperately tries to refresh his recollection about their 3-month romance and hasty proposal.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3

Ridge bound in some sort of subterranean cavern, filthy and in agony and desperate for help,

Well at least you'll have the filthy part.

Ridge the White

That was perfect !

• Love 1

I don't know what it was about today's episode, but I couldn't stop looking at Ridge's forehead. He has the deep line going down the middle, which makes him look like a big butt head. But then when you add the other deep lines going across the forehead, I thought he looked like Worf, the Klingon from Star Trek the Next Generation.

• Love 1

That ribbon engagement ring is looking pretty bedraggled.  Time for it to come off, it would seem.  Too bad, Katie.  You are great at taking off rings, I guess this one can come off with equal dramatics.  Untie, unwind, slowly let it drift--into a poetic-looking pool?  Tears added to the water?  

• Love 3
(edited)

So we are to understand that Ridge has partial amnesia? Or maybe short term memory loss? He clearly knows who Brooke is, but he didn't seem to know Eric, looked befuddled when Eric was talking to Stephanie, looked startled when Brooke mentioned RJ, and he looks absolutely confused about Katie. At the same time, he seems to know where he is and why he is there; Brooke brought that up the first day by saying he had come to rescue her once again, and Ridge responded that it hadn't turned out very well. Maybe I am asking too much from a soap, but I am confused! And I still want to know why Ridge didn't try to contact anyone if he knew who he was and remembered what happened. If he remembered the fall, he would have to know that his family would be frantic, why would he deliberately stay away? That would be terribly cruel, even for Ridge.

In any event, I don't see this working out well for Katie; Ridge doesn't seem to have any recollection of their sweeping and grand romance. I wonder how Katie will spin all this to be Brooke's fault? I still, and will always blame Quinn for setting this whole mess in motion, but Ridge has some blame too. He didn't need to fly off to save Brooke; he could have called and emailed the picture, but in true dick wars style, I think Ridge's bigger agenda was sticking it to Bill, and showing him who has the ultimate power and control over Brooke. But Katie isn't going to see any of that; even though Brooke has only been supportive of Katie and Ridge's relationship, and was actually happy to see them reconciled. Nope, I think we will be seeing the Lemonheads coming back into play real soon. Katie is going to be distraught that Ridge doesn't remember, and in true Katie style, will start with accusations, sweeping pronouncements, and histronics. And since she can't go at Ridge, she will undoubtedly go after Brooke and Bill.

I was wondering as I watched Hope's love in, if this is the writers way of reinventing New Ridge? He came on the show being ten times more jackassey than RM ever was, and has proven to be a dour, unpleasant, unkempt character, who seems to go around perpetually encased in a cloud of funk. The writers agenda may have been to bring Ridge back with a bang, and to have the character fly in the face of RM, but maybe the realize they have gone too far? I can honestly say I dislike Ridge now more than ever, but I also feel if RM was still in the role that I may not feel that way. So maybe they are tying to make Ridge sympathetic, not only to viewers, but to his family and friends. Just speculating.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 2

I don't know what it was about today's episode, but I couldn't stop looking at Ridge's forehead. He has the deep line going down the middle, which makes him look like a big butt head. But then when you add the other deep lines going across the forehead, I thought he looked like Worf, the Klingon from Star Trek the Next Generation.

Haha, don't try to make me like this stinky bedraggled Ridge. I wish Worf had taken over the role. He would be a true son of Stephanie and the House of Forrester. Kapla'!

• Love 3

Ridge, the casual-elegance, light-touch dress designer, he knew he was good looking, and relied on it, while at the same time seemed to say it didn't matter, ignore that, please.  

Ridge, the unkempt dress designer, looking more like a rumpled professor of philosophy or science, would use his design pencil to write equations or a few lines of poetry, would smile when ready to make an acquisition, his waters seemed to run too deep for wading. 

Thorsten Kaye, he's no Ron Moss, but a really good actor, can he remake the role of Ridge and be accepted in it?  Easier to have come in as Bill's uncle or something.  Could we ask Katherine Kelly Lang to be Liam?      

• Love 4
I was wondering as I watched Hope's love in, if this is the writers way of reinventing New Ridge? He came on the show being ten times more jackassey than RM ever was, and has proven to be a dour, unpleasant, unkempt character, who seems to go around perpetually encased in a cloud of funk. The writers agenda may have been to bring Ridge back with a bang, and to have the character fly in the face of RM, but maybe the realize they have gone too far? I can honestly say I dislike Ridge now more than ever, but I also feel if RM was still in the role that I may not feel that way. So maybe they are tying to make Ridge sympathetic, not only to viewers, but to his family and friends. Just speculating.

I'll start with this disclaimer:  No matter who is playing Ridge, I hate, loathe and despise the character with the heat of a thousand suns.  

I know that TK is a great actor and I've seen his work back in the day on OLTL, as well as AMC.  I appreciated the fact that the writers had no need to paint nu-Ridge as the hero as they so often did with RM's Ridge no matter how much of a lowdown, trifling jackass he was.  RM's Ridge was a foppish mama's boy and artist, who clearly didn't take himself too seriously.  I don't think it was an accident that Ridge's three great loves: Caroline, Brooke and Taylor were all college educated,  accomplished in their own right and were intellectually superior to him.  Now we have this nu-Ridge, who is the complete opposite of his former self.  However, there has been no clear explanation as to why the character changed so drastically and why he missed the most important life-changing events of his family's lives.  The only character traits that have remained consistent are his need to have two women fighting over him and his need to engage in a dick-measuring contest with any guy that Brooke tries to move on with.  Not to mention his need to control her life while getting to move on himself to find happiness with whatever "good girl" he happens to be with.

I also suspect that the writers realize that the recast has been problematic from day one despite TK's talent and the huge fan base he comes with.  Despite the fact that both HTom and TK are considered soap royalty, they haven't done a great job of selling Kringe as the show's great supercouple.

• Love 3
(edited)

Can someone refresh my memory?  About how long was Ridge missing in "show" time?  I think it was about two days, but I can't remember.  The whole Hope/Liam reunion seemed to happen the day Ridge fell out of the helicopter, but it's all as fuzzy to me now as it is to Ridge.

I'm probably in a club of one over here, but I kind of like new Ridge.  *ducking*  

I mean, the character is still an asshole, but this actor is selling it for me.  RM was so bad, he was like a caricature.  That's fine for snarking, but it always took me out of the moment, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 2

I'll start with this disclaimer:  No matter who is playing Ridge, I hate, loathe and despise the character with the heat of a thousand suns.  

You do??? :)

• Love 4

I'll start with this disclaimer:  No matter who is playing Ridge, I hate, loathe and despise the character with the heat of a thousand suns.

I hear ya MulletorHater, and I understand where you are coming from. I can't say that I hate Ridge, there have been times I have hated him, but there have also been times when I have felt bad for him. Sadly though, for a show that I have watched for almost thirty years, I think I could count those times on one hand:

1. When Thorne shot Ridge; I know the circumstanses around that, and I felt terrible for Thorne, but I can't get with attempted murder unless it is in self defense.
  2. When Ridge had his heart attack; one of the few SLs where I actually liked Ridge and was pulling for him.
  3. When Ridge took the rap for Rick, after Rick shot Grant. Probably the only selfless thing Ridge has ever done.
  4. When Ridge found out that Eric was not his bio dad. I can't imagine being in my forties and finding out about something like that.
  5. When Ridge and the family lost Phoebe. No parent should outlive a child, but it did provide comedy gold with some of the worst acting in soap history.

And that would be about it. Really sad when you consider Ridge is a core character who drove most of the SLs for the first twenty-five years or so.

I'm kind of feeling bad for him now too; I think that is mostly due to TK, who looks like a big, befuddled buffon. Even so, I want him as far away from Brooke as possible. Maybe if Katie gets out her book on sonnets and starts reading her and Ridge's very special piece, his memory will start to return. That, or maybe if Brooke presents in her lingerie..........

• Love 1

When Ridge and the family lost Phoebe. No parent should outlive a child, but it did provide comedy gold with some of the worst acting in soap history.

You're not kidding.  She always killed me with her stupid singing so I found it quite appropriate that she sang herself to death.

• Love 1

RunTheTable, I was thinking the same thing about the Ridge "reboot".  I think this will be like Caroline's balcony plummet.  It probably won't be as successful but it may provide a much-needed reset of the character.

And exactly how selfish is Hope?  Calling a meeting and being dramatic with her "I have news . . . . "  I know this is a soap opera but come on.  That seemed unnecessarily cruel, drawing out the reveal when the family has been anxiously awaiting news for days.  And her speech telling everyone to love each other, blah, blah, blah.  Self-absorbed and narcissistic. 

• Love 4
I hear ya MulletorHater, and I understand where you are coming from. I can't say that I hate Ridge, there have been times I have hated him, but there have also been times when I have felt bad for him. Sadly though, for a show that I have watched for almost thirty years, I think I could count those times on one hand:

When Thorne shot Ridge; I know the circumstanses around that, and I felt terrible for Thorne, but I can't get with attempted murder unless it is in self defense.

When Ridge had his heart attack; one of the few SLs where I actually liked Ridge and was pulling for him.

When Ridge took the rap for Rick, after Rick shot Grant. Probably the only selfless thing Ridge has ever done.

When Ridge found out that Eric was not his bio dad. I can't imagine being in my forties and finding out about something like that.

When Ridge and the family lost Phoebe. No parent should outlive a child, but it did provide comedy gold with some of the worst acting in soap history.

RuntheTable, thanks for reminding me about some of the few occasions where Ridge showed his humanity.  I have to admit though that when he had the heart attack, I wasn't impressed.  I considered it the ultimate temper tantrum.  Another stellar moment was when Taylor checked out when they thought Steffy had been eaten by a shark.  He really stepped up as a dad trying to hold it together for his other kids; he did it again when Taylor supposedly died the second time.

Losing Phoebe was a bitter blow.  I remember when those twins were born and how much they were wanted despite great risk to Taylor's health.  Even my cold cynic's heart melted when Tridge held their kids for the first time and I felt a tear or two come to my eyes.  I just wish TPTB remembered that Phoebe had two parents.  Instead, most of the focus was on Ridge and his grief.  Sitting through the Putrid Fart Smell Method Acting technique was not my idea of a good time.  Although Taylor's face barely registers emotions anymore, it would have been nice to see both of Phoebe's parents commiserating over their grief.  It also would have been realistic for Taylor to experience some guilt for some of the chicanery that occurred during the whole Darla-gate fiasco, which landed the child in the hospital with a nervous breakdown.

• Love 2

The POTUS says NO to B&B today.  If anyone on the west coast sees the show later, let us know what happened.

I love Obama but dang bruh you couldn't have cut in on Y&R instead? Watching that show is such a chore now.

• Love 3

And then he said 'in conclusion' at about 1:40, so I figured I might get to see the last bit.  Yeah, not so much.  Talked for 12 more minutes, and then took questions!

Why Mr President Why???

• Love 3

The show opens with Katie trying to kiss Ridge, but he holds his arms away from her, like she's got cooties or something. Meanwhile, Brooke is sitting with Bill, telling him that Ridge is foggy, but Katie will make that go away.

Deacon meets Quinn in a bar and tells her Ridge is alive. But the funny parts were the back and forth between the two. Comments like "I'm the Queen of Lollipop Land" and Deacon asking Quinn to spank him. Quinn calls Liam a tofu loving boyfriend to Hope, and then tries to get Deacon in her camp to get Wyatt and Hope back together. Boy, I can see some sexual fireworks between Quinn and Deacon. Deacon resists Qiunn's attempts to form an alliance to rid Hope of Liam. He takes none of Quinn's bullshit.

Another family meeting happens so Hope can clue everyone in on Ridge's condition. A lot of stupid scenes about a welcome home party and what kind of cookies to bake.

Thorne and Ridge meet up and hug, and then Eric asks what Ridge remembers about the helicopter. Funny thing is, though he insists he doesn't have amnesia, he doesn't seem to remember much, and doesn't seem to remember doing Katie. When asked if he remembers Katie, he says "of course, she's Brooke's sister". Katie asks for time alone with Ridge to kick start his memory. She's doing her best to trigger his memory by talking about their wonderful past, and how he persued her. At the end, she's hugging him, and he does put his arms around her, she recites poetry, and then all of a sudden, HE REMEMBERS !!!!!! See how a few words can cure?

I can't wait for them to leave Dubai so we no longer have to hear that insipid snake charmer music.

• Love 9

Seriously??  That was it?  He had "not really amnesia, but why the hell is Brooke's little sister getting all hands-y with me??" memory problems for like 15 minutes until Katie recited some damn poetry?  So what was the point?

• Love 5

I like how everyone kept asking him what he remembered, but never actually let him answer.

Caroline called Maya "Myra" again.  That was funny.

Yeah, all Katie had to do was recite their magic poem and they were back to making out.

• Love 4

I was also disappointed and frustrated by today's turn of events. I'm growing tired of how quickly these SLs evaporate. At the least, we could have been given a few weeks of Ridge scrambling to regain his memory of Katie. Her frayed red ribbon is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe things will shift towards Quinn and Deacon. That would be much more interesting than the L/H drivel and Ridge's homecoming.

Has TK gained weight or something?  He looked stubby and dumpy in that white attire. His dip in the Persian Gulf didn't make him look any cleaner.

• Love 5

I don't see anything wrong with what Hope said. Why was it so wrong? She was talking to Deacon when she got the call so she told everybody as soon as she could FGS. He's like a father to her and she got the call first so of course she'd make that announcement.

Well, Hope did walk into the office with a very somber look on her face, and then it was like, "Psych!  Ridge is alive!"  

When she arranged the meeting, she could have given everyone a heads up that it was good news instead of leaving them in agonizing suspense even longer.

And, meow, to quote a reply, copy the text you'd like to quote, and select the quotation marks in the menu (they're right above the text box, second from the right).   A box appears within the text box, and you can paste your quote in there.  

(edited)

49 minutes ago

Well, Hope did walk into the office with a very somber look on her face, and then it was like, "Psych! Ridge is alive!"

When she arranged the meeting, she could have given everyone a heads up that it was good news instead of leaving them in agonizing suspense even longer.

And, meow, to quote a reply, copy the text you'd like to quote, and select the quotation marks in the menu (they're right above the text box, second from the right). A box appears within the text box, and you can paste your quote in there.

I don't think I did this right but thx for the info.

I don't think there was anything wrong with what she did. I'm sure she was just shocked and happy and didn't plan to portray it in one way or another. She just put it out there and that's how it came out.

Edited by meow
(edited)

Hello. I'm new here, could somebody please tell me how to quote a reply? Thx in advance!!

Click the quotation marks in the lower right corner of the box where the post you want to quote is, click on the pop up you get, then go down to the reply box at the bottom of your screen to respond to the quote (how it works on iPad).

Crap, I really wanted Moby Dick, um, I mean Ridge (got my great white whales mixed up) to ask Katie why she had that nasty string on her finger. It was funny when Ridge acted like she had cooties when she was hugging him, then disappointing when, after the line from their magical "pome" (to borrow from $Bill), he shoved his tongue down her throat.

Boy, they really have forgotten that Deacon is an alcoholic, haven't they?

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2

Well, Hope did walk into the office with a very somber look on her face, and then it was like, "Psych!  Ridge is alive!"  

Or...she could have just called them.  Sent a mass text.  No need to make everyone drive into the office, especially when later on that night, they all drove over to...someone else's house to plan a party.

• Love 1

A reawakening Ridge is in the grasp of Katie, tears rolling down her cheeks, wetting his shirt.

Katie:  And remember the playground, remember reading poetry, remember dancing in the park....

Ridge (to himself):  What is the matter with Katie?  

Katie (facing him):  ...remember US?

Ridge:  Oh, God, no.  

Katie, holding onto Ridge, muttering into his ear line after line of a Shakespearian sonnet, then beginning a soliloquy.

Ridge:  Logan!  Logan!  Somebody!   

• Love 2

What a bunch of phooey! I was only joking when I made that comment a few posts back about Katie getting out her little book of sonnets, and reading Ridge their very special piece, but damn if she didn't do it, and damn if it wasn't the wonder drug. So I must ask; what was the point? What was the point of Ridge falling into the PG, and disappearing for days, and being found with memory issues? Just to break up Bill and Brooke? I ain't buying it; there has to be more. Part of me is still convinced that Ridge is playing at something here, but I can't figure out what the angle could be.

Caroline called Maya "Myra" again.  That was funny.

Yes it was; I like their interactions so much better as frenemies

Crap, I really wanted Moby Dick, um, I mean Ridge (got my great white whales mixed up) to ask Katie why she had that nasty string on her finger. It was funny when Ridge acted like she had cooties when she was hugging him, then disappointing when, after the line from their magical "pome" (to borrow from $Bill), he shoved his tongue down her throat.

Laughing now........Great white whales indeed. And pome? Geez; you need to stop that!

What somebody suffering from a concussion needs most is a party.

This crossed my mind too. Of course those in LA don't know that Ridge doesn't appear to be overjoyed to be reunited with his family, but I think a party with music and chaos would be too much for anyone coming out of this situation.

I was also disappointed and frustrated by today's turn of events. I'm growing tired of how quickly these SLs evaporate. At the least, we could have been given a few weeks of Ridge scrambling to regain his memory of Katie. Her frayed red ribbon is beyond ridiculous.

Agree on all points.

A reawakening Ridge is in the grasp of Katie, tears rolling down her cheeks, wetting his shirt.

Katie:  And remember the playground, remember reading poetry, remember dancing in the park....

Ridge (to himself):  What is the matter with Katie? 

Katie (facing him):  ...remember US?

Ridge:  Oh, God, no. 

Katie, holding onto Ridge, muttering into his ear line after line of a Shakespearian sonnet, then beginning a soliloquy.

Ridge:  Logan!  Logan!  Somebody!

LMAO, but that sums up exactly how I am perceiving Ridge right now. He seems like he wants to run away from everyone. He doesn't seem at all happy to have been rescued.

• Love 1
Katie asks for time alone with Ridge to kick start his memory. She's doing her best to trigger his memory by talking about their wonderful past, and how he persued her. At the end, she's hugging him, and he does put his arms around her, she recites poetry, and then all of a sudden, HE REMEMBERS !!!!!! See how a few words can cure?

The non-profit literacy program, Reading Is Fundamental, was obviously on to something.  Who knew that a poem could jog someone out of his selective amnesia?

Like others, I'm also wondering what the point of this whole exercise was?  I realize that TK has to commute back and forth from Connecticut to L.A., but please tell me that this mess wasn't penned to accommodate his travel.  Was it to tell us once again that Kringe are star-crossed lovers who can conquer all?  Despite the fact that Ridge traveled halfway around the world because he was obsessed with his ex moving on with Bill?  Or, will all that be forgotten now that the Not So Fresh Prince of Bel Air is alive?  Or was it to show us once again that Bill, and by extension, Justin, are the most evil dudes who ever eviled?  Whatever the point of this sorry mess was, my reaction is still the same:  Dayum!  I could have had a V-8!

• Love 7

I'm not sure Ridge's amnesia is completely gone.  I think TPTB are going to milk this for awhile.  He'll probably still have "gaps".  He's certainly not going to remember Justin piloting the helicopter right away.  I'm sure they'll drag that out.

• Love 2