Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Christine reveals the final straw that made her leave Kody “He broke my little girls heart”

https://people.com/tv/sister-wives-christine-brown-reveals-final-straw-that-made-her-leave-kody/

Kody is a total asshole, but I also blame Robyn in this instance. She could have pushed Kody to go to Ysabel's surgery and managed on her own for a month.  I mean she wasn't really going it alone because, you know, she had a nanny for 2 freaking kids. That same nanny who brought covid into their home.

They deserve each other.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Don't know about y'all, but I like chewing.

Not me, not when pressed for time. I posted in a other topic that the act of chewing kinda grosses me out sometimes, so a protein shake makes it easier for me. Plus I have emerging jaw problems and as mich as I love salad, it can hurt to eat it. I’d be ok with putting it all in a processor and sucking it up with a straw. 

I love Vega Essentials because it’s less chewing I have to endure. 

• Hugs 3
  • Useful 2

Who'da thunk it when this series began, that it would be Christine who had the balls to tell KoDouche to fuck right off and take his ass to Doucheville without her?! Not I! But I'm so glad she did. If only Janelle & Meri had an iota of self esteem and followed suit. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

When I read “He broke my little girls heart”, I first thought Christine was talking about Truely and how Kootie treated her when she didn't catch on to riding a 2-wheeler in the 30 seconds he had alloted to her training. Or that time during COVID when Kootie & Robyn shut down birthday greetings and talking outside between Truely & Sol who hadn't seen their siblings in months. Sol was left sobbing and Truely again felt discarded by Dad.  Then there was Ysabel too.

• Like 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

When I read “He broke my little girls heart”, I first thought Christine was talking about Truely and how Kootie treated her when she didn't catch on to riding a 2-wheeler in the 30 seconds he had alloted to her training. Or that time during COVID when Kootie & Robyn shut down birthday greetings and talking outside between Truely & Sol who hadn't seen their siblings in months. Sol was left sobbing and Truely again felt discarded by Dad.  Then there was Ysabel too.

Kody is a monster. Truely means nothing to him, he tries to pretend but does so badly.

Christine did the right thing. She seems so much happier and confident. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2022 at 3:55 AM, deirdra said:

Oh yes, if there’s one kid he neglected above all, it was Truely. But Truely was still very young and less aware than Ysabel. And sadly, an absent dad was probably quite normal for her.

Ysabel on the other hand, was old enough to voice her anger and grief and question his very dubious decision to not come with her to the hospital. And that came on top of all she had experienced in the years before where her dad so obviously favored Robyn and her kids over the others.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, gingerella said:

Who'da thunk it when this series began, that it would be Christine who had the balls to tell KoDouche to fuck right off and take his ass to Doucheville without her?! Not I! But I'm so glad she did. If only Janelle & Meri had an iota of self esteem and followed suit. 

I expressed my thought on another forum, that Christine was the most devoted and the least appreciated wife, and that she'd be the one to leave.  So that was my thunk!  

One guy from Utah on that forum said he knew ALL about polygamy, and that Christine would be the last to leave.  If that forum still existed, you bet I'd gloat about it!  Know-it-all types like him rilly irritate me.  

Christine knew when the Dark Wife joined the family, she was bad news, and she was right.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

Ysabel on the other hand, was old enough to voice her anger and grief and question his very dubious decision to not come with her to the hospital. And that came on top of all she had experienced in the years before where her dad so obviously favored Robyn and her kids over the others.

Not to mention the two years they spent taking Ysabel to a plumbing supplies salesman to make exercise and bracing devices. There was one time on camera that Kootie told Ys it was her fault she wasn't improving since she wasn't exercising enough and that's why her spine kept bending, even though her doctor told them all that exercises won't reverse things once the bend goes past a certain point that she'd gone past years earlier. And how would he know how much she was exercising when he spent most of his time at Robyn's.  And after years of pain Kootie said she should wait another 6 or more months. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Not to mention the two years they spent taking Ysabel to a plumbing supplies salesman to make exercise and bracing devices.

Let's not forget that Christine was complicit in all of this.  I refuse to give her any free passes, she was as bad as Kootie.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Let's not forget that Christine was complicit in all of this.  I refuse to give her any free passes, she was as bad as Kootie.

She indeed let it happen, which does make her complicit. And I would have held this against her too, if I hadn’t seen that incredibly scary psychotic and mad side of Kody last year. (I still firmly believe this part wasn’t acted but very, very real) We have also seen how he neglected Christine over the years and didn’t give a damn om how she felt about Robyn, moving or whatever. She literally had no saying about anything at all.

We don’t know how much pressure Kody put on Christine not to proceed with the surgery. He may even have flat out refused to pay at all. Iirc Christine didn’t have an income at the time, apart from the shared TLC check, and she may already have had that horrendously huge loan to pay off Truely’s hospital bill. I can see her being in an impossible situation here. It’s also very hard to get out of such toxic and (verbally) abusive relationships as is proved by thousands of people every year….

I find it striking that she did proceed with the surgery once she gained financial independence and became independent and confident enough as a person to make her own decisions and told Kody to go to hell. I’ll never forget his angry and acccusing look when he had to sign the consent forms for the procedure. It was very obvious that he still was very much against it and lost control over Christine and their kids.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I must have missed Kody signing consent forms. Why did he need to sign them? Why didn't Christine just sign them?

It happened outside her Flagstaff house.  They met up at what I guess was his car parked at her house and signed the papers on the fender of the car.  He made some remark to her about don't get too close as she was leaning in to see where he was signing.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It happened outside her Flagstaff house.  They met up at what I guess was his car parked at her house and signed the papers on the fender of the car.  He made some remark to her about don't get too close as she was leaning in to see where he was signing.

Any idea why? I'm the parent of a medically complex kid (now an adult), never once were two signatures required for any of his procedures.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The stupid thing here was that Christine wasn’t supposed to come close because of Covid, yet he was constantly licking his fingers to then flip through the papers….

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Any idea why? I'm the parent of a medically complex kid (now an adult), never once were two signatures required for any of his procedures.

It could be because the parents had two different addresses or because they aren't married or crossing state lines for the procedure or financial responsibility.  A friend of mine who was divorced had to have papers signed by both parents for braces.  In that case it was due to the father being ridiculous, but also for financial responsibility.  The hospital may have been aware that Kody was opposed to the procedure.  It had been on TV after all so they wanted signed consent to prevent a law suit from him if he really objected.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It could be because the parents had two different addresses or because they aren't married or crossing state lines for the procedure or financial responsibility.  A friend of mine who was divorced had to have papers signed by both parents for braces.  In that case it was due to the father being ridiculous, but also for financial responsibility.  The hospital may have been aware that Kody was opposed to the procedure.  It had been on TV after all so they wanted signed consent to prevent a law suit from him if he really objected.

I get in cases of divorce when that is part of the agreement, but other than that it doesn't make sense. Like I said, we've never needed two signatures and no one was worried about being sued by the non-signing parent.

The more I think about, I'm guessing either Christine was manipulating Kody or it was all just for the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I'm guessing your situations have not been as complex as Christine and Kody where he was opposed to the surgery for years and by his absence was not indicating support for the surgery even when it occurred.  Also if the child's other parent had objections, they weren't available for downloading from the internet.  It's possible the surgery could have posed significant risk although it is performed quite regularly.

Q Do both parents have to agree to a proposed treatment/procedure?
A For most medical procedures, it is sufficient to obtain the consent of one parent (in an intact married couple). However, if treatment poses a significant risk to the minor or violates the personal or religious beliefs of one or both parents, it is advisable to obtain the consent of both parents. If the parents disagree about the advisability of the procedure, and the dispute cannot be resolved, it may be necessary for a juvenile court to intervene.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LilyD said:

She literally had no saying about anything at all.

But she did have a say, she just didn't bother to do anything about it. 

She saw how Kootie ignored Truley to the point that she was in the hospital in renal failure due to the neglect of her father.  Where was the "mama bear" at that time?  She was still panting after Kootie telling everyone to keep sweet.

There were years of neglect on record and she did nothing.  If it was just because of the money then she sold her kids for the TLC bucks.  Sorry, in my book she doesn't deserve any high praise for finally leaving. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Christine was a big believer in "keep sweet."  Unfortunately, that messed up some of her kids, with Kootie dictating everything, like not getting Ysabel the needed surgery sooner.

I was never more pissed at that fucker as when he refused to go with Y for her "better late than never," (I guess) surgery.  Letting Truely's kidney failure go unchecked was unforgivable, too.  

Christine didn't stand up for her kids, and I'm sure she has many regrets about that.

2 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

But she did have a say, she just didn't bother to do anything about it. 

She saw how Kootie ignored Truley to the point that she was in the hospital in renal failure due to the neglect of her father.  Where was the "mama bear" at that time?  She was still panting after Kootie telling everyone to keep sweet.

There were years of neglect on record and she did nothing.  If it was just because of the money then she sold her kids for the TLC bucks.  Sorry, in my book she doesn't deserve any high praise for finally leaving. 

We posted at the same time.  Great minds!  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
38 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Christine didn't stand up for her kids, and I'm sure she has many regrets about that.

Christine admitted that she put everyone before herself and her children and that she regretted it and had since apologized to her children.  I've seen every episode of the show and read their book; it was clear that Christine and her children were the least of the apostles.  It was upsetting to see the way Aspyn and Mykelti were treated, compared to how Princess Mariah was treated.  Janelle's children fared a little better.  Although I will never forget that Logan was sent to a local college with a used car, he had to help purchase, while the Princess was sent to a private college out of State, complete with a brand-new car.   

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 8/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, deirdra said:

Chewing is also important for keeping your jawbones strong and teeth firmly planted within them as you age.

I would hazard just a guess that after all their pushing liquid meals, there is something more substantial that requires chewing to top it all off

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Perhaps because they are not legally married they both have to sign?

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Perhaps because they are not legally married they both have to sign?

Possibly but I don't think so. None of the forms I ever filled out for my child ever asked about his parents marital status.

• Like 1

I think it's the red flags:  not married, not living at the same address, going out of state for surgery, father not attending the surgery (his presence would offer assumed consent), and I'm sure Ysabel's medical notes from the orthopedist included Kody's continued opposition to surgery.  

• Like 5

Continually debasing someone and telling them that they're disgusted by her nacho eating (decades ago) and were never attracted to her (Kootie said that on the show), etc. also make the debased person think that nobody else would ever want them. So they feel trapped. But after being abandoned for a couple of years during Covid, Christine realized she could take care of herself (and had been for a long time).

• Like 4
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, deirdra said:

I wonder how much, if any, of the cost of the surgery Kootie was paying.

I don’t think he paid anything. Didn’t Christine say something about having to wait on insurance and/or save up? I know finances delayed the surgery for at least part of the time they waited.

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t think he paid anything. Didn’t Christine say something about having to wait on insurance and/or save up? I know finances delayed the surgery for at least part of the time they waited.

Agree! Not a spawn of Robochin no $$ coming her way! She is a disposable spawn...as most of his are...

• Sad 2
4 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Agree! Not a spawn of Robochin no $$ coming her way! She is a disposable spawn...as most of his are...

And of course there was no discussion about Dayton’s corrective eye surgery after his accident…

Not saying he didn’t need it or shouldn’t have gotten one btw. But it is sad to see how quickly this was sorted, compared to Ysabel who had to wait and suffer for about 10 years!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm down the middle as to whether Christine is a survivor of DV. On the one hand polygamy in and of itself could be seen as emotional abuse and adding Kody as the husband intensifies that. On the other hand Christine chose to be a sister wife with such purpose she thought it out so much, she planned to be the third wife because she felt it would be the least emotionally taxing. They were also fringe polygs, so less cultish. But anyone, from any socioeconomic class and/or lifestyle can be a victim of DV.

To me it seems sister wives are almost emotionally abusing themselves - going through their own cycle of abuse without any input from their husband. Rather than changing their behaviors to avoid abuse from their husband, they're changing their behaviors to be the better wife. I'm not victim blaming here, just pointing out a way that even voluntary polygamy is a tough go from the get go.

With that said, a lot of marriages are unhealthy, but it doesn't always mean someone is being abused. From the outside looking in, IMO, Christine left the marriage when she realized it couldn't be fixed and she was more confident of going it alone.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

And of course there was no discussion about Dayton’s corrective eye surgery after his accident…

Not saying he didn’t need it or shouldn’t have gotten one btw. But it is sad to see how quickly this was sorted, compared to Ysabel who had to wait and suffer for about 10 years!

The Dr. said they do not do surgery until a certain degree of curvature occurs. 

Edited by crazycatlady58
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

I remember both Christine and Kody being against surgery in the beginning, but I also thought originally the doc said the sweet spot for surgery factored in degree of curve and the end of growing.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

Not sure if this is the right spot but its more of People's interview with Christine, and she talks about how Kody tried to go into her bedroom after her telling him he could not. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/27/2022 at 7:34 PM, LilyD said:

Let's agree to disagree on how Christine should/could/ have stood up for her kids and how she should have handled things. I just thought it important to highlight this side of such stories. It's the reason why I will not condemn people like Christine for staying and suffering for so long. I just wished she got help with this years ago and I'm very happy she managed to get out eventually. Many never do...

Long time teacher here too LilyD, and I'm giving your post a virtual standing ovation. My work team has the mantra of "Be kind to everyone, you have no idea what they may be going through". Christine believed in polygamy more than any of them, it must have been devastating for her to watch her dream and belief system crumble. Yes, she stayed in way too long, but she got out when so many people don't leave bad relationships. Hope she continues to thrive. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 1
  • Love 16

I didn’t watch last season, but saw a couple of episodes today,  and obviously Kody is shitty, but the one episode made it seem like Kody saying he didn’t want an intimate marriage anymore was the final thing that broke the marriage. If Kody never said that do you think Christine would have left? I think Christine was tired of a lot of crap (Ysabel’s surgery, seeing Robyn’s marriage, etc.), but I wonder if she and Kody were still having relations if she would have stayed in the dysfunction longer?

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I didn’t watch last season, but saw a couple of episodes today,  and obviously Kody is shitty, but the one episode made it seem like Kody saying he didn’t want an intimate marriage anymore was the final thing that broke the marriage. If Kody never said that do you think Christine would have left? I think Christine was tired of a lot of crap (Ysabel’s surgery, seeing Robyn’s marriage, etc.), but I wonder if she and Kody were still having relations if she would have stayed in the dysfunction longer?

In the Tell (not) Alls at the end of the last season Christine implies that they have not been intimate in years.  I guess all of her lovey dovey Wonderful Man stuff when they still lived in LV was just for the camera and he really was just at Christine's for breakfast since Robyn is/was(?) too pretty to cook.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

In the Tell (not) Alls at the end of the last season Christine implies that they have not been intimate in years.  I guess all of her lovey dovey Wonderful Man stuff when they still lived in LV was just for the camera and he really was just at Christine's for breakfast since Robyn is/was(?) too pretty to cook.

Thanks, I didn’t see the tell nots and have seen some of the stuff Christine has sad since she left, but the one episode made me think that was what made Christine think the marriage was really over.  I didn’t know Christine and Kody left that part of their relationship a while ago.  I figured it wasn’t frequent, but thought they still were together sometimes.  

• Like 1

It was only in the last couple of episodes that we learned that Christine hadn't had a door on her bedroom (the former family room) since she moved to Flagstaff.  Kootie seemed PO'd that she wanted him to install a door.  That's probably what triggered him to say that he didn't want to have an intimate relationship with her.  He probably had been using the lack of a door as his reason to only use her bed for sleeping. And then he wonders why she packed up his stuff and put it in the garage.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

We’ll probably never know what was the final straw.  The incidents just kept piling up and what we saw on camera likely only was the tip of the iceberg. 

Personally, I find it interesting to note that Christine’s house only went onto the market just over 10 months after Ysabel’s surgery.  From what we know and saw, Kody barely cared for Ysabel  before and even less after the surgery. Anyone remember the sad, cringeworthy scene outside on Christine’s deck after they came home?

I  believe this was the final straw and that Christine spent the next 6-8 months figuring out what to do and how to move forward. If the door incident was real, this may have triggered her to officially kick Kody out. But I honestly think she made her decision months before that. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Christine or the producers may initiated the door installation to call Kootie's bluff and trigger the intimacy discussion.  Assuming the door installation was ever completed (Kootie rarely finishes what he starts), whoever bought the house probably ripped out the door and uses the family room as a family room again.

• Like 6
On 9/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, deirdra said:

Christine or the producers may initiated the door installation to call Kootie's bluff and trigger the intimacy discussion.  Assuming the door installation was ever completed (Kootie rarely finishes what he starts), whoever bought the house probably ripped out the door and uses the family room as a family room again.

Which tells me there was no intimacy before the move to Flagstaff.  As she used the family room for her bedroom right from the start.  The reason for the door was to keep the cat out.  From the way they talked, the room was an open loft.

I think she was waiting for everyone to be gone except Truely.  Then leave.  One child is easier to care for than 6.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Which tells me there was no intimacy before the move to Flagstaff.  As she used the family room for her bedroom right from the start.  The reason for the door was to keep the cat out.  From the way they talked, the room was an open loft.

I think she was waiting for everyone to be gone except Truely.  Then leave.  One child is easier to care for than 6.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Christine was just waiting for both Gwen and Ysabel to be "launched" before making her move to leave.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Christine was just waiting for both Gwen and Ysabel to be "launched" before making her move to leave.

Unlike her ex-husband, Christine didn't always advocate for her kids, but she does now, and Kootie never cared and doesn't care about them, at least since Sobbyn joined the family.  That preview rilly grinds my gears.  Kootie, CHRISTINE made the sacrifices, not you!  You're a whiny, pissy, gaslighting idiot.  Go fuck yourself.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Maybe, but I won’t rule out that Aspyn and Mykelti’s marriages showed her a whole different side of a married life. And then she got her first grand-daughter. It’s my guess this gave her a whole new perspective on life. She also discovered she’d much rather spend her time with her kids and grandkids than with the frumpy grumpy sister wives and a husband who didn’t care anyways.

And then the whole Ysabel story happened, which probably turned what little respect or ‘love’ she felt for her marriage and Robyn and Meri  into loathing. It’s typical how she spends most of her time with her kids or with Janelle.

• Like 6
  • Love 11