Type keyword(s) to search

FX Picks Up A Sixth Season Of American Horror Story

• Start Topic

Angela Bassett is always welcome, as far as I'm concerned. I do hope she gets a more consistently meaty role this time. Her Madame LeVeau in "Coven" was a highlight of that story.

Kathy Bates and Denis O'Hare are also Most Wanted on my list, and now Evan Peters may be on it, too. I will never forget his James P March and hope it's remembered come Emmy time.

And yes, I do want Wes Bentley back, preferably in a more dynamic role. I know I'm an outlier on this, but he really is a very good actor, and in a company that includes Peters, Matt Bomer, Cheyenne Jackson and Finn Whitrock (and Matt Bomer, who's so hunky he can be named twice), Bentley is the one who really gets me hot and bothered.

• Love 1

Season 6 will be set in the present but I haven't found out what the theme is going to be. 

I'm a little bummed that this season won't be set in the past. I was keeping my fingers crossed for something set in the 1970s or 1980s. 

• Love 1

I didn't even know about Slenderman until it started being rumored for this. I don't have any strong feelings on the subject but I can understand them being intrigued since there have been so many stories in the news and this show likes to tie in real life incidents. 

Since every season goes back into the past though I'm not sure how well Slenderman works in that sense since it's such a new thing. 

I guess she was considered to be a hit for all intents and purposes. The ratings were good, she was asked back for another season, she got award recognition like JL did, and the critics were reasonably kind. All in all I have to admit that it was a successful gig for her.

That being said, I remain unconvinced that she's this great actress the way that Ryan Murphy would have people believe.

I thought she was pretty hit or miss and when she missed she was just awful.  But I'm glad for her that she got all that recognition and another gig.  I don't mind watching her play dress-up, which seems to be her schtick.  As long as she carries her weight as the star vehicle.

I got my wish! According to an article in Variety, Ryan Murphy has said that most of the "Hotel" cast is coming back for the new season - including Bassett, O'Hare, Bates, Bentley, Bomer, Wittrock. and Jackson. He didn't mention Evan Peters (who wasn't at the Paley Center event with the others) but I can't imagine he wouldn't be included unless he can't fit it into his schedule. Paulson is back, of course - I wish I liked her better! - and no word on Sevigny.

• Love 2

She's about to open on Broadway in a revival of "Long Day's Journey Into Night," so a lot depends on how long that runs, what, if anything, she has scheduled next, and what AHS's production schedule is.

• Love 1

I actually liked Lady Gaga in her role as a vampire.  She was both classy and had that air of alluring deviance.  I am especially excited that Basset is also coming back.  She adds spice to her roles here .

As a huge fan I just feel like the show is lacking something since Jessica Lange's departure. Love the show overall tho!

I am the opposite. I am glad she is gone. She was good in the first two but then the show became all about Jessica Lange instead of the ensemble show it should be. For better or worse Hotel got back to basics and became an ensemble show again not focusing too much or too long on one character or actor.

• Love 3

I thought Lady Gaga got way too much focus as well. I don't think she is that good of actress either. She was all style and no substance. I agree AHS turned into the Jessica Lange show but still watching Gaga was for me no better.

• Love 5

I loved Jessica Lange on the show but I think it would be great if Angela Bassett sort of took on her role as being a kind of center for every season. She's great and always reliable. 

Ideally JL would be willing to return for the one episode cameo every now and then. To me that would be the perfect balance. 

I don't hate Gaga but I wouldn't so much as blink if I heard that she decided not to return to the show. 

• Love 3

I heard about the new show with Jessica it sounds good but damn how many shows will Ryan keep doing?

Evan said  Regarding season 6, that he's looking forward to it and can't say anything about it and hasn't been told a name or character yet.  I think Ryan has told him or I at least hope he has and he probably just cant say anything.

(edited)
On 5/9/2016 at 10:43 AM, Aging Goth said:

Jessica will be doing another anthology series produced by the AHS group featuring true crime stories.

Feud. From what I've heard the first one will be starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandan as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis as they battle it out during the filming of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. I can't wait!

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Feud. From what I've heard the first on will be starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandan as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis as they battle it out during the filming of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. I can't wait!

I love this!!! Only, surely Sarandon should be playing Mommy Dearest? She has more of the Joan Crawford eyes than Lange does. Not that Lange has Bette Davis eyes but I'd say she's a better match for Bette. Oh wow, either way, I'm totally going to love hearing one of those actresses saying "But ya are in that chair, Blanche.' 

Damn, I'm not going to be able to quit Ryan Murphy in the foreseeable future. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Feud. From what I've heard the first on will be starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandan as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis as they battle it out during the filming of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. I can't wait!

This sounds awesome!

• Love 2

Bette Davis eyes

Lange is playing Crawford and Sarandan is playing Davis. With enough make-up Lange could totally pull off La Crawford (think Faye Dunaway) and Sarandan has always looked a little like Bette to me. YMMV.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Lange is playing Crawford and Sarandan is playing Davis. With enough make-up Lange could totally pull off La Crawford (think Faye Dunaway) and Sarandan has always looked a little like Bette to me. YMMV.

If they get crazy Faye Dunaway to make a cameo in this I will forgive Ryan Murphy for everything. Please let this happen. 

• Love 5
On May 31, 2016 at 2:33 PM, peacheslatour said:

Feud. From what I've heard the first one will be starring Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandan as Joan Crawford and Bette Davis as they battle it out during the filming of Whatever Happened To Baby Jane. I can't wait!

I know. It's going to a school for slayage. They prolly already started engraving their Emmys for this series and set aside the golden globes. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 2:27 PM, joelene said:

Thank heavens. A shorter season can only help the show. 

You would think that but I still don't trust Ryan to have a plot or two that don't go anywhere. I hope it helps and it could but still you never know with him.

The Apocalypse thing started as a joke because Evan Peters was in X-Men Apocalypse and a few clues also led people to think that because some sites had photos that were just black and that was it. Most rumors point to cult or orphanage but we still don't know.  Other rumors have been that they have been filming on a farm. It could be anything.

On July 22, 2016 at 2:51 PM, peacheslatour said:

So we still don't know what the theme is going to be? Doesn't it seem like we knew the theme before this time last year?

Yea. And that fact is not promising 

• Love 1
On July 10, 2016 at 10:49 PM, Petunia13 said:

The new theme and title is American Horror Story : Apocolapse 

?

Quoting myself because there's more hints it will in fact be apocalypse @ShadowHunter and about the baby from season one murder house that was raised by Constance. I have a feeling Lange will make a cameo basically since she was so vehement she was dunzo and this season is so hush hush. This is where a cult will also tie in. The baby is an antichrist. 

That is Wrong 

It's a callback to season one murderhouse when the psychic mentioned Roanoke and the missing people and ghosts and the spell Croatoan which was to release them. 

Murphy has a hundred pop culture references and subplots each season so just this one thing is NOT a hint it's the theme. 

On 7/28/2016 at 1:58 PM, Indigo Luna said:

3 New Promos 

I found this article on Facebook with 3 new promos. They're still keeping the theme a mystery in them but they look creepy as hell! 

From the site linked above: 

Right now, there’s a good theory out there that this season is actually returning back to its roots, AKA Season 1, Murder House. Knowing that “children” are involved somehow, might this season focus on the baby of Vivien and Tate, Michel? You know, the demon baby. Any way that all of this (???????) might tie back to him?

YES to an antichrist theme! I'm still a little sad that Damien is cancelled.