Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

59 minutes ago, suomi said:

This made me realize how often I've heard "out of whack" while not hearing "in whack" even once. "How's your week?" "Good, good, can't complain. Everything's in whack." LOL 

That's totally going to be my new catchphrase - "everything's in whack."  I like it.

It's been my experience that brand-new yoga mats need some roughing up with a washcloth because they tend to be slippery when new.  I had a mental image LOL of Janelle doing some down-dog and slowly sliding forward until her face is on the floor...which would then throw her completely "out of whack" for the rest of the day.

EDIT: I like the lil' step peeking out from the right side of the photo, as if to let us know that Janelle's exercise routine is full of all kinds of practices.  Whatevs.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

How does she have time to go shopping for a yoga mat in the middle of her "out of whack" life?  Will a future IG post refer to how she's so busy that she doesn't have time to actually USE her yoga mat?

Of course it will!

But  not yet!

B8B2383B-CB0A-44DA-9B8B-02440795EFAD.jpeg

B465749E-FE82-4E86-AEE4-9E340CCBF267.jpeg

• Love 5

Perhaps she could start by not using the kitchen table as her desk. If she doesn’t have a desk in another room, she could find somewhere else to set up a table, sit and do her work. Why sit in the kitchen where the food is? 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 11

Geez, she falls for every single Cure of the Month scam that shows up on As Seen on TV.  She should stay off the Internet, join Weight Watchers or get counseling on a diabetic diet and she'd be a whole lot better off.  She has so many ways to spend tons of dollars on crap.

Well, come to think of it, she also fell for the whole polygamy scam.  Never mind.

• Love 17
On 10/25/2018 at 2:38 PM, lma said:

I know it’s been said before, but something that also irks me about Janelle trying to socialize her Strive business online is the fact that she takes very poor, unappealing photos plus she needs to proof her posts. I know we all make spelling errors (forgive any that may be found here as I’ve found that anytime you point out errors is when you tend to make them - ?, but particularly when you’re trying to run a business or sell something, you need to appear professional and polished. Janelle needs her food photos to look good. In workout or equipment photos, the people and the physical surroundings should at least look clean and orderly. Now this is just my opinion, but if she’d stop with the woe is me, take pretty food pics and edit out the dirt, she’d probably draw more interest from others. 

Then again, I guess I should give her points for #keepingitreal.

I totally agree about her photos. Things like dirt, clutter, chipped dishware and wrinkled yoga mat corners detract for the impact of the pictures. They don't have to look like magazine layouts, but they should, as you said, be clean and orderly.

• Love 6
On 10/19/2018 at 7:14 AM, TurtlePower said:

So at first, this irritated me big time. Throwing away a homemade food gift? Then i thought about it--why would Christine drop off a dessert knowing that Janelle is trying to avoid sweets?  I wouldn't make a dessert for anyone I knew was trying to watch what they eat. And if I did, I wouldn't be mad if they wound up chucking it into the bin. 

Just don't make desserts. Problem solved. But, it's the Brown wives and as laurakaye suggested, there seems to be something more going on. 

You have a point but this just popped into my head.    Janelle doesn't live alone.  Maybe it wasn't for Janelle or just for Janelle but her and her family?  Or the husband they share.  Or maybe she could have brought it to a shared dinner among the family.  HA!  Who am I kidding.  I am sure they don't spend that much time together.  But still, Janelle isn't living alone.  Savannah may have wanted a treat.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:53 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I think the move is to keep the show going, primarily.  All their little sideline businesses can't be as profitable, can they?  Even Meri's LLN, which I will bet she doesn't share with any of the family, excepting Mariah.  Christine was the only wife that wasn't doing a sideline gig, so she was probably shamed into it by her 1/4 of a husband.

Sandy, picturing dear Kody on a white stallion makes me laugh!  But shouldn't the hat be 10 gallon?  Or is that only for Texas?  Would Kody's oversized egotistical head even fit into a hat?  We shall see.

I am thinking 20 gallon.  5 gallons per wife

• Love 6
On 10/24/2018 at 10:06 AM, ginger90 said:

Of course it will!

But  not yet!

B8B2383B-CB0A-44DA-9B8B-02440795EFAD.jpeg

B465749E-FE82-4E86-AEE4-9E340CCBF267.jpeg

I had to stifle screaming OM MY FUCKING GOD!  Does this women EVER have a moment when she isn't teeth gnashing about what to eat?  Does anything but food and her out of control cravings ever cross her mind?  I just checked in with my whole body and she drives me freaking nuts.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:10 PM, ginger90 said:

Perhaps she could start by not using the kitchen table as her desk. If she doesn’t have a desk in another room, she could find somewhere else to set up a table, sit and do her work. Why sit in the kitchen where the food is? 

It honestly is starting to sound to me that she isn't busy enough.  She needs to get a job outside of the house and away from her kitchen.  Too much time on her hands, too close to her food, she needs to leave the house everyday with a packed lunch and a plan for breakfast and dinner.  

• Love 10

When I saw the first of the Karaoke night pictures, I felt a stab of guilt for criticizing their failure to demonstrate and educate the public on their version of polygamy.

At first glance. it seemed that Kody was conducting a spiritual session for his flock, but no, it was just another fun-filled get-together with some of the Brown's, led by the maestro himself.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

At first glance. it seemed that Kody was conducting a spiritual session for his flock, but no....

I thought that as well, it looked like he was spewing his prophet's words.

Love the fact that the teen is on his cell phone, probably texting for someone to save him from torture since it seems like only the young'uns are enjoying it.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I thought that as well, it looked like he was spewing his prophet's words.

Love the fact that the teen is on his cell phone, probably texting for someone to save him from torture since it seems like only the young'uns are enjoying it.

Truely looks like she's into it.  The others, not so much.  

Remember when they said they had home worship regularly?  haha.  And Kody in Hawaii, barking, "I am the GENERAL."  Sure thing.  His head's up his ass pretty much all the time!

• Love 4
On 10/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

When I clicked on this thread it took me to this picture. I wasn't sure what the red thing was and my first thought was "that must be Janelle's scale." 

Honestly, I thought that too before I read what it was. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Christine has lost a ton of weight.

Do you think that may be Annie, Christine's mom in the Karaoke night photos?  If that is Christine, she has not only lost weight, but aged 20 years.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Do you think that may be Annie, Christine's mom in the Karaoke night photos?  If that is Christine, she has not only lost weight, but aged 20 years.

That might be.  The nose is huge but sometimes weight loss emphasizes a feature.  I guess I assumed it was her but I could certainly be wrong!

On 10/22/2018 at 5:18 AM, neh said:
On 10/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, Nysha said:

The air fryer is great if you eat a lot of frozen processed food. Chicken nuggets, taquitos, tater tots, frozen hamburger patties, and things like that come out great in the air fryer. And if you're used to oven frying food, it's pretty good, too. I don't like it for homemade fries or things like real fried chicken.

I made French fries from scratch yesterday in my air dryer and they were really good. No more frozen fries for me. I used a tablespoon of peanut oil and they tasted like beach fries.

Edited October 22 by neh. Reason: Spelling

It may be me or my air fryer. I tossed my fries in olive oil, but they still had a gummy exterior. OTOH, I love it for sweet potato fries.

5 hours ago, Nysha said:

It may be me or my air fryer. I tossed my fries in olive oil, but they still had a gummy exterior. OTOH, I love it for sweet potato fries.

Give peanut oil a try. . My fries were crispy. If you would like The Ocean City,  MD experience, then sprinkle your fries with malt vinegar....divine!l

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

Nysha, did you blanch the potatoes before cooking them? They worked out way better for me if I do that.

• Love 1

Are the karaoke pictures in their new rental house?  Based on the fireplace it looks to be a rather large home.  Wish we had more insider info into what their rental situations are and if they are starting to build on their lots yet......

• Love 8
8 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Are the karaoke pictures in their new rental house?  Based on the fireplace it looks to be a rather large home.  Wish we had more insider info into what their rental situations are and if they are starting to build on their lots yet......

I don't expect any building until the homes sell.  They will need any profit for a down payment.

• Love 3

How can they make a profit?  They built four huge, custom McMansions - and didn't they have some kind of interest-only loan for a few years?  And it looks like those houses aren't selling.  Are they seriously going to build four new houses in Flagstaff?  Why can't they just move into existing houses - houses that are sized for their actual family size, not for Meri and her 14 spirit babies?  I know they don't make enough money to finance four brand-new houses.  I'm just waiting to see where Meri is going to live in relation to everyone else - are they looking at cul-de-sac properties again so they can all be super-close to each other and then ignore each other when they step outside to get the mail at the same time?

These people.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I have literally never heard of putting butter in coffee.  But it's no wonder Janelle can't lose a pound - she jumps from fad to fad on a daily basis.  So of course nothing is going to work.

Yup, discipline is not her thing.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have literally never heard of putting butter in coffee.  But it's no wonder Janelle can't lose a pound - she jumps from fad to fad on a daily basis.  So of course nothing is going to work.

It sounds gross to me. How is that better than milk or half and half? Aren't there a ton of lactose-free dairy-like products out there that would do the trick?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What worked for me was fresh produce and lean protein.  It's true; Janelle tries all these fads, and she doesn't have a clue what is tried & true.  Some health coach!

Janelle reminds me of a friend of mine.  She also tries every fad diet that comes along, and many of them are nothing but expensive starvation plans.  My friend and Janelle also seem to think that losing weight must involve eating foods that are so far from what they normally enjoy that sticking to the menu for more than a few days is impossible.  

A genuine, educated, nutritionist/dietitian can help almost anyone put together a meal plan that is easy to follow and incorporates the every day foods that you enjoy.  Yes, habits have to change, portions have to change, but you don't have to drink green slop and shop in specialty markets for obscure  fruits and vegetables that are only in season a couple of months a year.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Is anyone else squicked out by the idea of a cup of hot liquid topped with a oil slick?  The whole idea makes me shudder.

The bulletproof coffee with MCT and grass fed butter is supposed to replace your breakfast and keep you full of energy and not hungry for at least 4-6 hours.  Provided you don't have issues with your cholesterol.  They say it has a good taste.  

• Love 3

Translation:

Holidays suck for me because I have to mope around picking at the limp celery on the veggie tray while everyone else gets to indulge in the pies, cakes, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams topped with marshmallows, green bean casserole, etc.  It's not fair.  If you're one of those people who gets to eat that stuff?  I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.  Eating 17 celery stalks and two pounds of raw broccoli leaves a gaping hole in my gut because what I really want to eat, I CAN'T HAVE (in front of other people, that is...when they all go to bed, I sneak to the fridge and chow down on the leftovers and then tell everyone that I dumped it all in the garbage because I don't really care if anyone wanted that food, if technically I CAN'T HAVE IT, no one else gets to have it either).

Also, I ate all the leftover Halloween candy and buried the wrappers in the far corner of Meri's backyard.  Tough luck, kids.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Translation:

Holidays suck for me because I have to mope around picking at the limp celery on the veggie tray while everyone else gets to indulge in the pies, cakes, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams topped with marshmallows, green bean casserole, etc.  It's not fair.  If you're one of those people who gets to eat that stuff?  I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.  Eating 17 celery stalks and two pounds of raw broccoli leaves a gaping hole in my gut because what I really want to eat, I CAN'T HAVE (in front of other people, that is...when they all go to bed, I sneak to the fridge and chow down on the leftovers and then tell everyone that I dumped it all in the garbage because I don't really care if anyone wanted that food, if technically I CAN'T HAVE IT, no one else gets to have it either).

Also, I ate all the leftover Halloween candy and buried the wrappers in the far corner of Meri's backyard.  Tough luck, kids.

Love this!  Especially the last line.  Do it, Janelle!  You know you want to make Meri look worse!  

Poor thing, J.  You have to struggle with a weight problem, just like this crazy monogamist.  It's JUST NOT FAIR!

• Love 7