Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Can't wait to come back with family over the next few months...dumbass Janelle, you are 30 minutes away, not like you went trekking in the Alps - I highly doubt Janelle is doing any hiking, she could barely make it up the driveway of the Cottonwood property.  If she was staying consistent with workouts & eating habits - she would be down to Robyns size ( less the neck goiter )

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Can't wait to come back with family over the next few months...dumbass Janelle, you are 30 minutes away, not like you went trekking in the Alps - I highly doubt Janelle is doing any hiking, she could barely make it up the driveway of the Cottonwood property.  If she was staying consistent with workouts & eating habits - she would be down to Robyns size ( less the neck goiter and enormous chiseled chin)

true!

• Love 3

I can’t attach videos. So, Janelle’s latest is via a lecture she listened to during her “continuing education”. It was by John Immel. I looked him up, and he “directs the Joyful Belly School of Ayurvedic Diet & Digestion. He is the founder of Joyful Belly, an educational Ayurvedic health care website, and oversees the Joyful Belly Clinic.”.

Janelle says,

“I just heard the most profound thing. Actually I heard it this morning, and I’ve been thinking about it all day.......sometimes when we are feeling lazy about something, it’s that we are kind of playing mind games with ourselves. We’re either over estimating  the amount of effort it’s gonna take to do something , or we’re over estimating the reward.”. 

E96A1E77-EFDD-431F-868C-5490432DEF40.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Janelle would welcome night sweats.  She would interpret that to be her body's way of ridding itself of toxins and just may have the added benefit of weight loss from excess water being released. 

For Janelle, turning back the duvet and letting it air dry would forestall the possibility of harmful chemicals in detergents causing irritation.  Now Janelle has a whole new field to investigate, the link between what is in our environment and weight gain!  It couldn't possibly be something as simple as calories in, calories out.

• Love 8

Your duvet is in my thoughts and prayers.  Take time to sit with a nice cup of herbs and spices and meditate your way to the conclusion of this trauma.  Self care is so important.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5

I just learned yesterday on the Canadian show "Marilyn" that people lose a litre (~1 quart) of sweat each night while sleeping. Duvets appreciate washing, not procrastination.

Has Janelle ever blogged about jumping out of bed and doing something?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, and when Janelle's self-care isn't enough, we mere mortal monogamists can take lessons from Pudge's fantastic ideas about self-care, which she lovingly posts.  So DEEP.

Right? Why should anyone care about what these no-results idiots have to say about health, especially Janelle?!  

Even just a decade ago if you couldn’t show results, you were forgotten. Almost cursed. Look what happened to Kirstie Alley and her weight loss peddling—she couldn’t keep it off so no one took her seriously. 

Nowadays? Any idiot can claim anything and have followers. I don’t get it. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Your duvet is in my thoughts and prayers.  Take time to sit with a nice cup of herbs and spices and meditate your way to the conclusion of this trauma.  Self care is so important.

My self care journey is complete for today.  I successfully completed my duvet task.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  I couldn't have done it without you.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

All y'all are whack!  😎

Excuse me while I apply various self care techniques learned from Sludge & Co. to make myself a nice cuppa matcha tea with almond milk and pure cane sugar.  I will then climb on my soul Barco lounger, kick off my rabbit booties, and then  stare pensively at my little dog, who desperately needs his bath. Thank you very much!  😇

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, toodles said:

My self care journey is complete for today.  I successfully completed my duvet task.  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  I couldn't have done it without you.

Glad you successfully completed the task, now go off to make yourself a beet sundae with your hemp seeds on top - you deserve it !!  

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Glad you successfully completed the task, now go off to make yourself a beet sundae with your hemp seeds on top - you deserve it !!  

Uh, no thanks.  My reward is a cuppa of peppermint tea and an afternoon of crocheting.

I should tell everyone about this rock star green I discovered. It's called spinach and you can make a salad with it!! I know!!  I made this amazing salad with this spinach and some other stuff.  I found it at my extremely organic grocery store and it was only $10 for a bunch.  It's green and organic!!  Maybe your local extremely organic grocery store has it too.  Since I needed stuff that is roughly the same price of gold per pound for my salad, I figure this AMAZING salad only cost  about $25!!!  What a bargain.

In all honesty, I did have a spinach salad for lunch.  Just like I do most days.  I doubt anyone cares, but at least it was more interesting than the stupid shit Janelle and Mariah yammer on about.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, toodles said:

In all honesty, I did have a spinach salad for lunch.  Just like I do most days.  I doubt anyone cares, but at least it was more interesting than the stupid shit Janelle and Mariah yammer on about.

I had an apple pecan chicken salad from Wendys.  Naturally it isn't very healthy for you because ... well... it's WENDYS - but they are pretty tasty!    And I congratulate myself for not getting a chocolate frosty and french fries to dip into it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, toodles said:

It's called spinach and you can make a salad with it!! I know!!

It's a game changer!  And a powerhouse!  A game changing powerhouse!  Thank you for this amazing advice!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"We’re either over estimating the amount of effort it’s gonna take to do something, or we’re over estimating the reward.”. 

E96A1E77-EFDD-431F-868C-5490432DEF40.jpeg

Wouldn't over estimating the effort (or) under estimating the reward make better sense?

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

942B11A5-DD6D-438C-BBC4-3DF0F4A446C1.jpeg

Thanks, Ginger, for all that you do when it comes to posting pics and info that you've researched for the group here. I appreciate your hard work of keeping us informed of the Brown's shenanigans.  🙂

• Love 16
1 minute ago, ChristmasJones said:

Speaking of videos- it seems we cannot post direct links to them (on youtube) on this new version of the forum... does anyone know if that is correct, or is there some way to do it? 

Tag me in the answer! It’s been driving me nuts!

4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:
6 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Speaking of videos- it seems we cannot post direct links to them (on youtube) on this new version of the forum... does anyone know if that is correct, or is there some way to do it? 

Tag me in the answer! It’s been driving me nuts!

Highlight a word in your message.  Click the Link icon.  Paste the YouTube URL in the top box. 

I just tested it and it worked for me.

• Useful 1

OMG- I just tried this and it now works!!!!!

here is a random Sister Wives video on Youtube:

On the old forum, that would embed the video right into my post ... now its just a link.  ... which really sucks!!

IT WORKS!! yay!!!!!!  I tried to embed a youtube video on The Voice thread a few days ago and it wouldn't work..

--

Ok this is really strange, if I try to embed a music video from YT in this post, it will allow me to... but if I try to do that same thing in The Voice thread, it won't do it!! WTH is going on

I even tried to make a new post in this thread, with the music video, and it will not embed.  Is there any place to ask these questions? 

Edited by ChristmasJones

Ok, last post about embedded YouTube links. I've believe I've figured out a trick to make it work if it doesn't automatically embed the video.

Paste your link into your post, highlight your link, right click, and choose the "inspect" option.

This will open a box on the side of your screen. Once this "inspect" window is open, click another space with the space bar right after your link and it should then turn your link blue, and embed the video directly into your post.

You can then click on the X in the upper corner of the pop-up box, and close it.

It seems that once you've done this in a post, any other links you post will automatically be embedded. 

@ginger90

---

Sorry for all my posts about this.. I couldn't find a help section ... maybe its just something quirky with my own browser.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 2

Or, someone (at least two someones) would have to climb a ladder to bring it down, remove the fasteners, and then patch and paint the walls where the fasteners were. Too Much Effort. Easy come, easy go. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Or, someone (at least two someones) would have to climb a ladder to bring it down, remove the fasteners, and then patch and paint the walls where the fasteners were. Too Much Effort. Easy come, easy go. 

Exactly what I said,,, it would take a few minutes and some effort

We've moved many times and removed things from walls, it really isn't a big deal.

But this is the Brown's...  They invented lazy. 🙄

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly what I said,,, it would take a few minutes and some effort.

I'm so sorry, Joan of Argh - I glanced right past your post. My bad. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I'm so sorry, Joan of Argh - I glanced right past your post. My bad. 

Oh no...no need to be sorry!  ❤

I was just emphasizing that we're on the same page concerning the Brown's and Janelle in particular 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

0658C7E5-2F2A-4B41-A767-9E04F87C0FAA.jpeg

Mountaintop gardening? She makes it sound like she's in the Himalayas, over-dramatic as always. Anyways, if she's worried about frost, she could always build a greenhouse. I wonder if that ever even occurred to her, or if the task just seems too daunting. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Mountaintop gardening? She makes it sound like she's in the Himalayas, over-dramatic as always. Anyways, if she's worried about frost, she could always build a greenhouse. I wonder if that ever even occurred to her, or if the task just seems too daunting. 

Looks like they are settling into the rentals for the long haul if she's planning a garden.  We can expect earnest Strive blogs about the side benefits of low lying garden beds...all that squatting and stooping provides not just fresh vegetables but a daily workout.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

6000 feet altitude is fairly high- mountain sickness can come on with no warning at any time- wouldn’t it be funny if some of them couldn’t tolerate the high altitudes and they had to scrap their plans and move lower?! 

Those high altitudes won’t help Janelle’s low energy! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well.  I certainly wouldn't mind a rental that came ready with those raised beds. They are really sweet! If she put real study time into it she would learn that she can be planting LOTS of things long before her estimated last frost date. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

They are never leaving the rentals for Prairie Dog Flats. They will never have the money to pay off the land, let alone build 4 homes. 

That is why they chose such nice rentals.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 9