Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

OK. I have to post this here. I just stumbled across this on YouTube and had to share it. I could swear that some of the patterns in this video are LLR. Enjoy! (Ignore the women in the keyframe. It was the text that made me curious because it made me think of LLR.)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Can anybody tell me if this show is coming back?

The only people who know (the network execs) haven't been playing nicely with the other children (us) and are withholding that information.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The only people who know (the network execs) haven't been playing nicely with the other children (us) and are withholding that information.

Well, they better make up their damned minds.  If this show doesn't return, I demand My 5 Wives back.  I need a does of polygamy for some reason.  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I agree.  I think Meri is pretty much dead to the rest of the Clown Posse.

This could very well be. If so, I find that really sad and it makes me sad for Meri. That would be a horrible way to live.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

This could very well be. If so, I find that really sad and it makes me sad for Meri. That would be a horrible way to live.

Maybe she’s finally realizing she doesn’t want that life. I agree it would be sad for her, that’s all she’s known for a long time and breaking out is scary. But if she’s truly becoming stronger, good for her. I always wanted to see her DO instead of just talking about it, and it looks like she is. 

I know she loves the kids but staying in that culdesac would suck. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe she’s finally realizing she doesn’t want that life. I agree it would be sad for her, that’s all she’s known for a long time and breaking out is scary. But if she’s truly becoming stronger, good for her. I always wanted to see her DO instead of just talking about it, and it looks like she is. 

I know she loves the kids but staying in that culdesac would suck. 

I always thought Meri wanted out and didn’t really know how. Long before Robyn or the show came along. I simply can’t imagine being infertile in a culture that only values you for your fertility, while your husband impregnates other women non-stop for 20 years. This culture is so toxic, good on Meri for running (if she is). If she was smart she’d sell that McMansion while the economy is high, get herself a small two bedroom townhouse, and travel while she had the money to do it. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, jabbi said:

I always thought Meri wanted out and didn’t really know how. Long before Robyn or the show came along. I simply can’t imagine being infertile in a culture that only values you for your fertility, while your husband impregnates other women non-stop for 20 years. This culture is so toxic, good on Meri for running (if she is). If she was smart she’d sell that McMansion while the economy is high, get herself a small two bedroom townhouse, and travel while she had the money to do it. 

Who’d wanna live there if she sold? It’d have to be someone in the family. I don’t think the existing Brown clan would want new neighbors knowing their business. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Who’d wanna live there if she sold? It’d have to be someone in the family. I don’t think the existing Brown clan would want new neighbors knowing their business. 

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be anywhere near that bunch of idiots, especially if foreclosure were on the horizon.

Plus, isn't Doofus on the mortgage and/or title?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

The browns aren’t as popular as they want to believe. There are plenty of people who don’t know them from a hole in the wall that would love a McMansion inside a gated cul-de-sac. Also, if Meri plans on leaving, what does she care if anyone knows the rest of the family’s business or not? 

14 hours ago, jabbi said:

If she was interested, I think it would be great if she'd adopt a child from foster care.  Mariah is not going to choose Meri over her precious Kody, and suck up Robyn.  Meri yearns to be a mother, and Mariah will yank Meri around as long as she gives her that power.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

If she was interested, I think it would be great if she'd adopt a child from foster care. 

With no reliable income I doubt she would qualify.  Not sure if age would be a issue as well.

10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Meri yearns to be a mother,

I think Meri yearned to be a mother to Kody's children, way back in the days when the wives were competing in the Brown Baby Olympics. She had the option back then to adopt or have IV. But she didn't. That broke the rules of the game. She had to have babies the natural way and they had to be Kody's. That's how it works with plygs. I know we saw Kody and Meri having the IV discussion later in the show but they were both kind of uncomfortable about it. It was producer driven, I can guarantee it (not to mention Meri had made peace with not having any more kids at that point). Being unable to carry a child is also a huge part of Meri's identity. She will never give that up by actually doing something about it, like adopting or fostering in her later years.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, jabbi said:

The browns aren’t as popular as they want to believe. There are plenty of people who don’t know them from a hole in the wall that would love a McMansion inside a gated cul-de-sac. Also, if Meri plans on leaving, what does she care if anyone knows the rest of the family’s business or not? 

Didn’t mean she would care but rather the self-important Browns would. 

On 10/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, ginger90 said:

The fans posting comments on that Instagram ... I'm having trouble finding the word I want to use here. Tried to add a screenshot but my computer is being bitchy at the moment. Let's see what happens with a cut and paste job:

sarahwinquist This is so uplifting and positive. I love it

dklekot I am so blessed because I feel like your part of my life now. I realize it’s with 25,000 other woman but you make us all feel important

ordonez_d Love it, now just wish I could motivate myself to do better 

I think someone needs to intervene and take Meri's internet access away from her; she's obviously not mature enough to use it and she seems to be a bad influence on everyone she comes in contact with, either in real life or online.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:31 AM, MrSmith said:

Meri took great pleasure in icing everyone out beginning with Kody's courtship of Janelle up to when she was planning on running off with a billionaire. They all said that the wives were equal and the marriage certificate didn't mean anything but we could see that it did for Meri and Robyn. Meri held hers as a status symbol in the wives' rankings and liked to point out she was the first and legal wife. She alienated Janelle and Christine by being intolerant and attempting to make their lives more miserable, so them backing away from her as she throws herself a pity party because the person she planned on taking off with, the same person she ranted about her family to, doesn't exist. And to top it all off, she keeps lying to them about that relationship and you damn well the other wives read and listened to everything the psycho posted.

Reap and sow, Meri, reap and sow. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Christina said:

The fans posting comments on that Instagram.

Yeah. Bunch of fucking sycophants. I don't spend time reading the comments anymore because it makes me psychotic.

Fair enough.

• Love 5

Holy crap, who dresses this woman?  Every time you think she can't look worse.....

Unlike some, I have no interest in Meri's well being.  She's been a bitch for decades and when she gets dumped on then it's turnabout's fair play.  She's never going to leave.  Then she couldn't post those meaningless barf-worthy platitudes that Sheep Wives in Training all lap up.  Yuck.

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Then she couldn't post those meaningless barf-worthy platitudes that Sheep Wives in Training all lap up.  Yuck.

Last time we were at Hobby Lobby, I was looking through the home decor section, which has aisles and aisles of signs with those platitudes.  I turned to Mr. AZC and said, "I feel like I'm in Meri Brown's house."

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

She looks ridiculous and what is with her always picking horrible shoes?   The woman has ZERO sense of style.

And, long legs? Suppose that would depend on what her inseam is.

Problem with this dress is it looks like she may need a larger size—her midsection is keeping the dress from being longer by pushing the material outwards. 

It would be cute minus the yellow under and the Amy Farrah Fowler-like shoes. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And the Hobby Lobby decor section in the background is a nice touch.  Or not.  Overdone much, Meri?

Oh geez I just noticed the decor. Ugh, I can almost SMELL Hobby Lobby through that image (and as a side note, they have previously dealt in ancient stolen clay tablets from Iraq so, ASSHOLES).

Meri needs to try something different with her hair, too.  That shaggy, layered cut seems to age her. 

• Love 4

I count three inspirational plaques in that single picture alone, for crying out loud. Does she by those stupid things by the crate?  I see she's styled the background junk decor to match her dress(es) all warm golds and blues.  At least she's trying harder, I guess. No ugly kinked up cord running across the wall to that outlet this time.  But gah, the dried flower arrangement on the wall. Does anyone have a match handy? 

Did she use some kind of gold filter, too? Her walls don't look like their usual blinding stark white. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Did you know, Meri has long legs? This is what she does about it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Baw0QPcDm4n/

Oh. My. God!  She looks like one of the duggars, but worse.  I didn't think that was possible.  

She leaves the house wearing that?  She must use the same mirror that Kody does.  The one that says Hey baby lookin' good no matter how you look.  Just............wow.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Problem with this dress is it looks like she may need a larger size—her midsection is keeping the dress from being longer by pushing the material outwards. 

Did you see one of the comments? "Are you pregnant?" Probably not the look she was going for and probably not the comment she wanted.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, toodles said:

Oh. My. God!  She looks like one of the duggars, but worse.  I didn't think that was possible.  

She leaves the house wearing that?  She must use the same mirror that Kody does.  The one that says Hey baby lookin' good no matter how you look.  Just............wow.

Meri is 46.  She looks like she's going for a young, chic look.  She failed on both counts.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

I think you've said it all, and I suppose it's just lighting, but what about the two different colored "long" legs?

That cutesy head tilt thing makes me sick. How old is she, indeed.

Yikes! She needs to see a doctor about that left leg. Phlebitis? 

11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Hobby Lobby previously dealt in ancient stolen clay tablets from Iraq so, ASSHOLES).

Well, technically it was the owners separately from the store (not that they are any less assholes). They wanted them for their stupid Bible Museum that's opening soon in Washington, D.C. Damned thing is EIGHT FLOORS and estimates are that it would take a person 72 hours to see everything in it. Here's a link: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/oct/16/inside-the-sprawling-controversial-500m-museum-of-the-bible

• Love 4
16 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Well, technically it was the owners separately from the store (not that they are any less assholes). They wanted them for their stupid Bible Museum that's opening soon in Washington, D.C. Damned thing is EIGHT FLOORS and estimates are that it would take a person 72 hours to see everything in it. Here's a link: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/oct/16/inside-the-sprawling-controversial-500m-museum-of-the-bible

I'm sorry, but even at free admission, you couldn't pay me enough me to set foot into this place.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I can't help but wonder if someone translated those tablets and interpreted the content. Not many people know cuneiform. I spent years learning this ancient text and sadly many people acquire tablets and have no idea what they're saying. Oftentimes they're business or land dealings, very important to local history. 

Sorry. Off topic but that was bugging me.  Back to Meri--Anyone see this? I notice she has a hashtag for Strive with Janelle in there. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I'm sorry, but even at free admission, you couldn't pay me enough me to set foot into this place.

Ditto.  To me that would be descending into hell on earth.  Those people are crazy as loons.  And force their beliefs on their employees as well.  No way that kind of craps should be allowed in this country. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Well, I'd consider going in if I were ever to visit D.C. Not to see the exhibits they have, mind you. No, instead it would be to go to the 8th floor and look out over the city. It seems like they've managed to create a nice viewing post. :D

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ditto.  To me that would be descending into hell on earth.  Those people are crazy as loons.  And force their beliefs on their employees as well.  No way that kind of craps should be allowed in this country. 

When I lived near one, I thought about applying there just to annoy the crap out of them--part of my archeological program included Hebrew, Akkadian and Aramaic. I don't go looking for arguments but it's fun telling annoying bible-quoters "that's not what it's saying" when it comes to many misquoted and misunderstood texts. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But no hashtag for "My Sisterwife's Closet"????  Interesting.  Unless that's included in "and more."  

That is still going?  I am shocked.  

8 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

I feel the same way about Hobby Lobby!

Agree, owners are well known homophobes.   That is not uncommon for Christians, I have noticed.  Very judgmental religion.  Maybe other religions are too, not raised in any of them. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

Agree, owners are well known homophobes.   That is not uncommon for Christians, I have noticed.  Very judgmental religion.  Maybe other religions are too, not raised in any of them. 

Wings, I love you but I think that is a very broad and unfair generalization.  A lot of Christians (myself included) and people of other faiths are not judgmental like that at all, only they don't seek or get all the attention.  As with most everything these days (it seems) the loudest mouths make everyone think they're the majority when they really represent a much smaller group at the extreme.

• Love 16