Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I don't follow this thread so perhaps this has already been mentioned.  I watched a video last night that is recent (unlike the show) which claimed that Meri has left too.   Also, that she has a new man.   If so, I just want to say YAY!

REALLY!  Could you name the video, please?  I would love to see THAT!  😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I don't follow this thread so perhaps this has already been mentioned.  I watched a video last night that is recent (unlike the show) which claimed that Meri has left too.   Also, that she has a new man.   If so, I just want to say YAY!

Anytime she’s seen with her male decorator friend (who is gay), some gossip rag comes out and says “new man”. She was recently seen at a restaurant with him, so those rumors are starting up again. Kinda lame since she’s been friends with him for years. 

• Love 19
11 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anytime she’s seen with her male decorator friend (who is gay), some gossip rag comes out and says “new man”. She was recently seen at a restaurant with him, so those rumors are starting up again. Kinda lame since she’s been friends with him for years. 

Oh crap....I hope that's not the case.  I was so happy to hear that she left.

• Love 6
Just now, Granny58 said:

Oh crap....I hope that's not the case.  I was so happy to hear that she left.

I’ve been hoping she’d leave for years and have given up hope. She hangs around probably for TLC $$ and in hopes for any scraps of Kody’s attention. She’s appears miserable and pathetic, yet she goes on social media and swears she’s not.

It’s getting old. I’ll be shocked if she’s left, she’s not that brave. 

• Love 13

But if she does have a new man that her Portland friend introduced her to maybe there could be a cross over with Little People Big World.  She could pull Amy and Tori and Caryn and Audrey into her downline.  And she could have a booth at the farm during pumpkin festival.

And then Matt, Chris, Zach and Jeremy could go to Arizona and turn Coyote Pass into a polygamist adventure park.

While they are gone Jacob will plant weed on the farm and hang out with Audrey and Mariah.

Such fun!

• LOL 13

I have a deep mistrust for youtubers...I always assume it's clickbait and the only "news" is that she posted a pic on social media with Blair Michael again.

Meri loves stirring up this nonsense. She loves to take a pic with Blair or some LuLaNo friend's husband, post it on Instagram with a cryptic message, and then wait for the tabloid rags to pick it up and run it as a "Meri left Kody and she has a new man!" story.

Then, she waits for the inevitable comments to roll in, and indignantly accuses the tabloids of being liars and doubles down on her commitment to her "loving family".

She's as much of a shit stirrer as the youtubers and tabloids are.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

But if she does have a new man that her Portland friend introduced her to maybe there could be a cross over with Little People Big World.  She could pull Amy and Tori and Caryn and Audrey into her downline.  And she could have a booth at the farm during pumpkin festival.

And then Matt, Chris, Zach and Jeremy could go to Arizona and turn Coyote Pass into a polygamist adventure park.

While they are gone Jacob will plant weed on the farm and hang out with Audrey and Mariah.

Such fun!

I think I can speak for my fellow Pacific Northwesterners to say this: "Portland neither wants nor needs Meri Brown."

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

I think I can speak for my fellow Pacific Northwesterners to say this: "Portland neither wants nor needs Meri Brown."

As someone that lives in Portland and already endures the Roloffs I am okay when the circus comes to town because they always move on to the next town.

So Meri can visit, but she can't stay.

I think both Mariah and Mykelti have expressed interest in living in the PNW.  I seem to remember Mariah preferring Seattle while Mykelti was PDX or the Oregon coast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

As someone that lives in Portland and already endures the Roloffs I am okay when the circus comes to town because they always move on to the next town.

So Meri can visit, but she can't stay.

I think both Mariah and Mykelti have expressed interest in living in the PNW.  I seem to remember Mariah preferring Seattle while Mykelti was PDX or the Oregon coast.

PDX?

"I'm no longer tolerating shit that takes away my peace."

🤣🤣🤣

You're tolerating the bitch who took away your piece though, aren't you, you crazy loon!

Janelle and Meri's completely unaware social media posts are more entertaining than the show.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5

The only way I can understand the apparent contradiction between the Meri we see on the show and the Meri who post on MS is to believe that she’s doing the show for the $$ and everything is she says and does on the show is to that end. I don’t think the show could continue if another wife left, and Meri might be just smart enough to know that if she leaves/the show is cancelled, there goes a bunch of her LuLaNo fans too.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 14

I bounce back and forth on the issue of "does Meri really want Kody back or is it all for the show."

I'm starting to think the reason I can't make up my mind is because it's possible this is not an either/or question.

There's probably enough cognitive dissonance in Meri's brain that she can simultaneously believe that she is a tough, strong woman even as she embarrasses herself begging for Kody's scraps.

This detachment from reality in her mind could also possibly enable Meri to believe that she can remind Kody and the Gang that they will have no show without her, thus forcing herself on them, and yet still believe she can repair some of those relationships.

I'm not sure yet about her motives, but I do think Meri believes she can treat people however she wants, behave terribly in the moment to get whatever it is she wants, and then just come back later and "fix" everything.

She doesn't count on the fact that people eventually reach a breaking point and are just done with her.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

This detachment from reality in her mind could also possibly enable Meri to believe that she can remind Kody and the Gang that they will have no show without her, thus forcing herself on them, and yet still believe she can repair some of those relationships.

Meri grew up detached from reality and paranoid of others. I just read the whole Master's thesis on Christine/SisterWives and it reminded me of several instances, like hearing a siren when they were packing up to escape Utah (siren drove on by since it had nothing to do with her). Meri often triggers on a word someone says & stops listening and you can see she's conjuring up the worst possible interpretation of what that person was saying, tearing herself to bits inside rather than saying what she was feeling, and then letting her feelings fester for years.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 10
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I just read the whole Master's thesis on Christine/SisterWives

I did too, and it was a good reminder that everyone on this show save Janelle was raised in a cult...for me, it reminded me that as inconceivable as it seems to us, Meri may actually believe some of the things she spouts.

Like the speech she made to Christine in the final episode of last season. We were all furious that she basically preached sunk cost fallacy to her ("I didn't put in 30 years to walk away, and neither did you") and told her to shove her head deeper in the sand and just suck it up ("Look at the mountains").

This is the polygamist way, and Meri is not as cosmopolitan and modern and she would like to believe (and like us to believe). Meri sounded like a true believer in that moment.

At times like that, I believe that the Miserable Meri we see on the show begging for Kody's scraps is the real Meri, and Internet Tough Girl Meri is the fake one.

I mean, I don't think real tough, independent women who are happy with their lives are surfing "BossBabe.inc" looking for their daily bullshit platitude to post. 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 12/27/2021 at 12:24 PM, Sasha888 said:

Meri's not going to "negotiate her value" with anyone, but what she WILL do is get on TV every Sunday night and publicly beg for any scrap of attention from a man who is completely repulsed by her and wants nothing to do with her.

Meri has recently joined Cameo and charges CAD$77 (~US$60) for personal messages (Kody CAD$127 (~US$100), Christine & Janelle CAD$45 (~US$35), Mykelti CAD$13 (~US$10).  

So, she doesn't "negotiate her value", she sets the non-negotiable price and figures she is worth 1.7X Christine or Janelle, 5.9X Mykelti, but only 60% of Kody

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

The only way I can understand the apparent contradiction between the Meri we see on the show and the Meri who post on MS is to believe that she’s doing the show for the $$ and everything is she says and does on the show is to that end. I don’t think the show could continue if another wife left, and Meri might be just smart enough to know that if she leaves/the show is cancelled, there goes a bunch of her LuLaNo fans too.

To me it’s simple, and painfully obvious. She’s both!

We have all seen how incredibly complicated and unpleasant she can be. I’m not saying she has a multiple personalities disorder, but we do see different Meri’s, even on the show if you watch closely. I find it typical that her facial expression hardly ever matches her words, her words don’t match her actions and her actions don’t match her words. Also, she always sees things in a different light than other people and responds to situations in a way nobody expects.

She really is a conflicted, confused rather impulsive person who, to make matters worse,  is also lacking in empathy and cannot reflect on her own actions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

As a non-hater of Meri, I think "both Meris" are genuine.  People often change their attitudes, actions and expressions around those they're vulnerable to (apologies, grammar police).  I think Kody and Robyn each have the power to inflict immense pain on Meri; they use it and she responds like the discarded, useless ex-wife they've deemed her to be.  

Many people that certain person or situation that zaps their strength and self-confidence - be it a judgmental parent, vengeful ex, disloyal friend.  Sometimes, no matter how hard someone wants to overcome and not care, people get to them and it can strip away any progress made in their absence. 

The logical solution is to walk away, but I think Meri has reasons (emotional, religious, financial) she can't make a clean break yet. In the meantime, I supposed Strong Meri will continue to over-compensate for Weak Meri; it seems a sad and fragile way to live.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, GeorgiaRai said:

As a non-hater of Meri, I think "both Meris" are genuine.  People often change their attitudes, actions and expressions around those they're vulnerable to (apologies, grammar police).  I think Kody and Robyn each have the power to inflict immense pain on Meri; they use it and she responds like the discarded, useless ex-wife they've deemed her to be.  

Many people that certain person or situation that zaps their strength and self-confidence - be it a judgmental parent, vengeful ex, disloyal friend.  Sometimes, no matter how hard someone wants to overcome and not care, people get to them and it can strip away any progress made in their absence. 

The logical solution is to walk away, but I think Meri has reasons (emotional, religious, financial) she can't make a clean break yet. In the meantime, I supposed Strong Meri will continue to over-compensate for Weak Meri; it seems a sad and fragile way to live.

You make good points. I do not like Meri, but I do have some empathy for her as a human being. 

One thing about Meri, though, I think she is very stubborn. When she was warned that Sam wasn't real, she doubled down. I think she is staying with Kody for the reasons you stated, but also--she's stubborn and doesn't want to admit defeat.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, GeorgiaRai said:

1 hour ago, Adiba said:

do not like Meri, but I do have some empathy for her as a human being. One thing about Meri, though, I think she is very stubborn.

Both of you made excellent points and it's really nice of you Georgiarai to defend her. But I just despise people who always put themselves and their needs first. And what I really hated about Meri, is how she seemed to thrive on making others feel miserable.  Whenever she appeared, the mood changed. I'm no Maddie fan either, but I totally got it when Meri was told that she wasn't welcome for the birth of Axel for this simple fact.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t hate any of them. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Meri uses the word “haters” when someone doesn’t agree with her on social media. I hate that.

Yeah, I'd hate that, too. I try not to use that term (except when it comes to Kody; then, I'm absolutely a hater!)

I wasn't defending Meri so much as just voicing my own thoughts about the different personas she projects.  She's not a likeable character, for sure, but I lean towards thinking she's not irredeemable.  Unlike Kody.  And Robyn.  😈  lol

• Love 9

I don’t like Meri, but I wouldn’t say I hate her, but I find it hard to feel sorry for her.  She made people’s lives miserable for years then wants sympathy when she finds the tables turned.  In all honesty, if she didn’t alienate Christine and Janelle and damn near all the children, she wouldn’t be so lonely after Kody left her.  She’s the one that sang Robyn’s praises and now looks like an idiot. 

I don’t wish her misery, but she could leave if she wanted to, since it seems like most of them ignore her at best.  She most likely stays for the TLC check and the ability to shill her rags.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t wish her misery, but she could leave if she wanted to, since it seems like most of them ignore her at best.  

7 months into Covid, Christine said that it hadn't even occurred to her that Meri was alone.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Interesting observation and perhaps there’s some truth to that. If that’s the case, then there is no “strong” Meri.  Meri is only “strong” when she can manipulate her online persona undisrupted and unchallenged, which is a sign of weakness (which is ok—it’s ok to not be strong—just don’t be a phony about it). 

Which is precisely why I dislike Meri—she’s a Fakey McFake Face. She’ll never leave, she’ll keep airbrushing her photos, she’ll keep happily accepting *any* scraps of Kody’s attention and she’ll keep shouting to the world how “strong and independent “ she is. 

Even though she’s not. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

7 months into Covid, Christine said that it hadn't even occurred to her that Meri was alone.

In fairness to Christine, her plate was pretty full.  Wasn't that around the time of Ysabel's surgery? If it was prior, Christine was scrambling to get funds together and after surgery, she was no doubt mentally exhausted from the trauma and interrupted sleep administering medications.

Janelle at least made an offer to help out by sleeping in a tent on Christine's property, (which made no sense, as if she was able to enter the house to assist, she could just as easily sleep in the house)...and what about Savanah, was she to camp out in the tent too?

Meri would have been the logical choice to lend a hand as she claimed to have been self-isolating, but she seems to have imposed this isolation on herself only for the prospect of spending time in Robyn's nest.

• Love 10
On 12/30/2021 at 3:53 PM, deirdra said:

Meri grew up detached from reality and paranoid of others. I just read the whole Master's thesis on Christine/SisterWives and it reminded me of several instances, like hearing a siren when they were packing up to escape Utah (siren drove on by since it had nothing to do with her). Meri often triggers on a word someone says & stops listening and you can see she's conjuring up the worst possible interpretation of what that person was saying, tearing herself to bits inside rather than saying what she was feeling, and then letting her feelings fester for years.

yeah, "putting up walls"

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I don’t wish her misery, but she could leave if she wanted to, since it seems like most of them ignore her at best.  She most likely stays for the TLC check and the ability to shill her rags.

know what though?  since she is mostly ignored anyway, what would be the point in leaving?  At least this way she gets the exposure and money she wants.  

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

isn't that sad?????  I contacted friends to see how they were and these people are supposed to be fambly.  pathetic.  

• Love 8

Sad , maybe. But from Christine’s perspective I get it. Meri never particularly cared for Christine, being too focused on her own self and her own ‘misery’. Those toxic relationships cost a lot of negative energy, are not equal and are usually a one-way direction only. In this case from Meri to Christine. Meri was nowhere to be seen when Christine had a very sick Truely and Ysabel with her surgery.
The only way to get out of this, is by banishing such “friends” to the outer circles of your social life or end them completely. 

Edited by LilyD
From Christine to Meri should have been other way around!
  • Love 9

I rewatched the awful "Robyn rewrites history with a portrait of young Kody with her kids." Interestingly, Meri's friend Jenn, with whom she does "Fridays with Friends" is in the background twice in the scene where Kody gives plaques to Robyn's kids and Robyn gives Kody the drawing. It's brief but unmistakably her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 12/24/2021 at 6:40 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Mary Kay is absolutely an MLM scam.  Check out pinktruth.com. 

Overpriced products, frontloading inventory, encouraging signups over sales...

I came "thisclose" to signing up for MK because they have quite a few products I really like.  I just wanted to sign up to get the starter kit and discounts for my own personal use.

Then someone directed me to pinktruth.com.  

Talk about an eye opener.  I'll just buy what I need or want from a rep.  Not worth that bullshit for the discount that comes with signing up.  Yikes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

I rewatched the awful "Robyn rewrites history with a portrait of young Kody with her kids." Interestingly, Meri's friend Jenn, with whom she does "Fridays with Friends" is in the background twice in the scene where Kody gives plaques to Robyn's kids and Robyn gives Kody the drawing. It's brief but unmistakably her.

I think I saw what you mean, I thought it was Aurora, she had that same round face, but the age time frame would be off.  The reason I thought of Aurora was the satisfied grin she had on her face, as if she had prior knowledge of what the gift was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

It looks like something a 3 year old who got ahold of some scissors would do to a doll.

Or it got caught in the mixer when making Rice Crispy treats, with some marshmallow still causing clumps

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Thanks for the permission to continue mocking you, Meri.  I CAN stop you by turning you off.

Stop her from what? From faking her strong online persona when she’s the opposite on the show? 

Some of us will continue to mock you Meri, because you make it so easy. You sure can act tough when you’re in control of how you’re viewed but if you’re challenged, out come your “walls”.

Yeah, ok, big-talking tough girl. Can’t stop you until real life gets in the way of your charade. 🙄

• Love 12
6 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Why the fuck is Meri lip synching this to someone else's voice? I assume it's a famous quote or something?

Very common for instagram reels and tik tok. They all do it -the lip sync quote thing.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3