Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 11/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, goofygirl said:

Lipstick, Meri!!LIPSTICK!

Don’t give her any ideas—she’ll overdo it, over line and wind up looking like a clown (or filter her lips to an unrecognisable state). 

And lipstick is one of those things that just doesn’t work on some people. Let’s start Meri on some Burt’s Bees gloss first and see what happens! 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2021 at 2:32 AM, endure said:

Technically, there's nothing new there. Well, not to us at least. All it says is that Meri and Kody don't have a real marriage anymore and that she spends huge amounts away from the family.

This is a typical Sun article; implying a lot without saying anything really. Come to think of it, it wouldn't surprise me if this forum has given them a thought or two🤔

• Love 16
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, FFS, Meri. Kody isn’t going to wake up one day and realize that he loves you because you “showed up” for him even though he didn’t want to be with you. That’s not loyalty, that’s pathetic. Find your dignity and self respect, kick Kody to the curb, and try to live up to all of the “strong woman” hashtags you use constantly. 

This. X10000.

• Love 8

Meri is not someone I'd choose as a friend, but part of me feels bad for her. At one of the lowest points in her life, when she was very vulnerable, she was catfished. Talk about being kicked when your down. And then that mistake cost her, her husband.

With that said, enough time has passed now and I agree with @MargeGunderson, its time for her to pick herself up, brush herself off and move on.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe no other man wants Meri… She might be looking but no luck?

Well, she's shown that already being involved with one man doesn't stop her from looking for another. I wouldn't doubt it.

I personally think if Meri could get anyone even half the caliber of a "Samuel Cooper" she'd be out of Flagstaff so fast she'd leave scorch marks on Coyote Pass.

She'd stop this embarrassing nonsense about Kody fast enough then. 

Edited by Sasha888
Clarity
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I agree with all of this, but for me, the most obnoxious thing was her not owning up to what really happened. We could all see it. Kody, Mariah, the sister wives, the viewers. All she had to say was, yeah, I was depressed about the divorce, I felt cast aside, I isolated myself, and then I found a rich, handsome man who liked me and was exciting and wanted to sweep me off my feet, so I had an emotional affair and was ready to run away with him. Unfortunately, I'm an idiot and trusted someone online that I had never met in person and it turned out to be a psycho female. If she had done that, I think the vast majority of us would have felt a great deal of sympathy for her. But her dishonesty was a huge turn off. I don't care if she was embarrassed - the fact is, everyone knew the truth. She would have gotten so much more support if she had just been honest and vulnerable.

Right there with you. Stop lying and own up to it...she'd be amazed how that simple thing would change attitudes about her.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Right there with you. Stop lying and own up to it...she'd be amazed how that simple thing would change attitudes about her.

And it would have worked YEARS ago!  The catfishing happened in 2015.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6B809E6E-99D2-4D62-B3B8-47B543028FC0.jpeg

🙄 I suspect the other side might not see it this way, Meri. The other side might see it as completely mental. 

I agree with you guys (and have been saying for years) that if Meri came clean about her role in the catfishing fiasco, she’d likely have had much more empathy—but she lied. And lied and lied and lied. And she KNEW he likely wasn’t real and still dove in and lied about that, too. 

You guys, I’ve listed to the voicemails she left “Sam” and, omg. I wonder if Kody has, too. Meri was ready to ditch them all. I think Kody is disgusted and hates her, but won’t say so and simply tolerates her. Now, the crotchety old crow can’t find anyone real so she’s latched onto the only thing she has—a resentful, disgusted Kody and calls it “unconditional love” (whereas we see desperation and clinginess). I think the only thing keeping Kody from showing her the door is that he understands she has ties to the family so he puts up with her. 

Meri, you fucked up and lied about it for years. That ship you wanna board has sunk and is unrecoverable and doesn’t want to be found by you.

Edited to add: at least Christine had the guts to actually leave without having a “man” waiting to swoop her away and take care of her.   

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

55868E9C-C92B-48AC-BAE2-41BC21D24C55.jpeg

72AF7512-C8C1-4951-8BAE-483A3A95B74A.jpeg

Oh No!!!  At first I thought her decorator friend Blair was there to RE-decorate the Inn.  There are ways to decorate in the Victorian theme without lining up stiff little chairs along the walls, utilizing 1970s "petit fleur" wallpapers and thrift store tchotchkes.

• Love 12

Remember way back when, when Kody and the wives were sitting around the table with the Dargers? And the Darger wives were saying "if you find yourself doing another re-set...try sharing a kitchen". Meri pipes up and says something like "but what about deciding how you decorate?" The one Darger wife just slapped back with "what we are doing here is bigger than decorating..."

🤣

Meri is full on one of the "stuff" wives...

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Remember way back when, when Kody and the wives were sitting around the table with the Dargers? And the Darger wives were saying "if you find yourself doing another re-set...try sharing a kitchen". Meri pipes up and says something like "but what about deciding how you decorate?" The one Darger wife just slapped back with "what we are doing here is bigger than decorating..."

🤣

Meri is full on one of the "stuff" wives...

But to be fair;  None of the Brown wives have anything in common when it comes to taste in house decorating. While I can appreciate some, definitely not all, of Janelle's Western theme, there is the fact that her house is always a big mess and doesn't look that clean. Meri is just frumpy. I never liked her taste in furniture anyways but the "sofa" and chairs she had in her LV home looked so uncomfortable! Robyn seems to collect all kinds of stuff with no particular style nor sense of what fits together or not. And. Christine... I don't know how to describe her style... All I remember from last year was that ginormous bean bag in the middle of her living room! 

I can see how this wouldn't work at all for the (remaining) Brown wives. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

The awful clumpy eyelashes and the chins lol. That’s our Meri!

Especially when Meri's clumpy eyelashes and goop rarely if ever match on both sides. Most makeup trowelers work very hard to make both eyes match, but not our Meri!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does Meri have any paying customers at the BnB?

Who won't be banging down the doors to lounge in that comfy looking furniture.  Nothing I like better than sitting bolt upright on scratchy fabric.

• LOL 14
1 minute ago, Cetacean said:

Who won't be banging down the doors to lounge in that comfy looking furniture.  Nothing I like better than sitting bolt upright on scratchy fabric.

Agreed! Also not my idea of “cozy”. Cozy is a large lobby with recliners by a fireplace. Recliners, not the colonial-looking stuff Meri has.

I can’t get “cozy” unless my feet are up and kinda also need a spa tub after a day of skiing or hiking………only one of the rooms there has even has a tub. 

As an archaeologist, I appreciate the past and understand why Meri keeps it that way. And the inn is very highly rated—but for me, no thanks: I need a spa, gym, reclining chairs and no social contact over breakfast (which has to be gluten free and preferably vegan, so I guess I could eat the strawberries?). 

• Love 7

I cannot see any of the BnB's electrical outlets in the photos. Perhaps that is intentional.  The last time I stayed in a quaint old (~1900) BnB there were no grounded outlets. The only area that did have 3-prong grounded outlets was the owner's rooms & kitchen - a pain when everyone needs to charge their laptops. The TVs had long extension cords so it felt like a fire trap.  The furniture was comfy & clean without a lot of dust-covered tchotchkes like "Lizzie's", so I'll give it that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Agreed! Also not my idea of “cozy”. Cozy is a large lobby with recliners by a fireplace. Recliners, not the colonial-looking stuff Meri has.

I was about to say the same! And it’s the same style Meri had in her lounge in LV. I wonder where she hangs/lounges after a long day of hard work doing something… those chairs will probably break your back!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
47 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I cannot see any of the BnB's electrical outlets in the photos. Perhaps that is intentional.  The last time I stayed in a quaint old (~1900) BnB there were no grounded outlets. The only area that did have 3-prong grounded outlets was the owner's rooms & kitchen - a pain when everyone needs to charge their laptops. The TVs had long extension cords so it felt like a fire trap.  The furniture was comfy & clean without a lot of dust-covered tchotchkes like "Lizzie's", so I'll give it that.

The Inn probably originally had knob and tube wiring with 60 amp service.  With the advent of electric stoves and energy sucking kitchen appliances in the 1940s-50s, most homes ripped out the old wiring and replaced with 100 amp service.  If it was done on the cheap, adding outlets to bedrooms and living areas was minimal.

We have restored two century homes and have been living in this one for 30 years.  First on the agenda was upgrading the electrical service to 200 amp and running outlets, at the very least one on every wall.  Luckily, my husband was able to do the work himself so we didn't have to stint.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Last night daughter and SIL were planning their Utah ski trip for just after Jan 1.  SIL wanted to stay in St George and daughter said that's too far let's stay in Cedar City.  I went oh you can stay in Meri Brown's BNB in Parowan.  SIL misses the sarcasm and says oh Parowan is much closer does your mother really know the owner of the BNB?  Where daughter and I burst out laughing and I tell him to google the Parowan Prophet and start pulling up photos of the BNB.  Needless to say Parowan dropped out of the running.  I told my daughter I'd like to the see the rambunctious kids and the dog with doggie dementia taking over Meri's place.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Again, I find myself asking the eternal question - who is Meri decorating the Inn for?  Surely not guests.  But I guess if she's basically living there now, she might as well make use of every available outlet and plug in as many lights as she can until she blows up the ancient fuse box.

As for Meri and her catfish (drink!) - while I agree it's infuriating that she will never apologize for what she did, I think the reason she won't is that she's going to eternally wait for Kody to apologize first for making her divorce him "for the sake of the children."  I think Meri believes that she made the penultimate sacrifice in divorcing him, "spiritual" union be damned, and until he owns up to his part in emotionally abandoning her - which he will never do, because in his mind he did nothing wrong - she will never apologize for looking for love in the Chiquita section of the market.  So these two will forever dance around each other waiting for the other to own up to their part in the end of their marriage, and neither is going to budge.  It's like watching a boulder and a tree stare each other down.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Again, I find myself asking the eternal question - who is Meri decorating the Inn for?

Instagram.

Same reason she gets dressed every day and puts on make up with a trowel and takes selfies when she isn't even going to go anywhere. It's all photo op's for Instagram, so Meri can make it appear to people that she's #LivingHerWhy.

After her picture taking is done, I guess she just sits there waiting for likes and comments to come in. 

What a sad, fake life.

• LOL 6
  • Love 12