Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

until he owns up to his part in emotionally abandoning her - which he will never do, because in his mind he did nothing wrong - she will never apologize for looking for love in the Chiquita section of the market.  So these two will forever dance around each other waiting for the other to own up to their part in the end of their marriage, and neither is going to budge.  It's like watching a boulder and a tree stare each other down.

Meri typically talks vaguely around a problem and expects others to read her mind.  Despite his beady eyes, Kody cannot see through her skull and is very dumb when it comes to picking up on verbal and non-verbal cues.  In none of the numerous rehashes of the catfish incident did Meri explicitly tell Kody that he said their marriage certificate was just a piece of paper, but after the divorce he abandoned her emotionally which was devastating. Even with Nancy there to protect her, she did not blast Kootie and tell him exactly what he did and how it made her feel.

• Love 14

Please. Kitschy old musty house full of ugly uncomfortable furniture. Prim, proper and understuffed. Where do people sit in that place? Surely not in the teeny tiny bedrooms. Where are the comfy chairs for end of the day relaxing? With a plate of stale Rice Krispie squares and uncaffinated, nonalcoholic beverages. Who wants to spend a weekend in a badly renovated, early grandma/late relative’s attic mishmash. If this is Meri’s dream, then live it, full throttle.  Move there. Live your why there. In ugly grandma shoes and clothes that look like the furniture covers. Because you can. Sigh…

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Meri typically talks vaguely around a problem and expects others to read her mind.  Despite his beady eyes, Kody cannot see through her skull and is very dumb when it comes to picking up on verbal and non-verbal cues.  In none of the numerous rehashes of the catfish incident did Meri explicitly tell Kody that he said their marriage certificate was just a piece of paper, but after the divorce he abandoned her emotionally which was devastating. Even with Nancy there to protect her, she did not blast Kootie and tell him exactly what he did and how it made her feel.

This bugs me about Meri and people in general. As an autistic person, I sometimes cannot figure out what people are “trying” to say and the neurotypical world assumes everyone is good at this.  I’ve gotten much better with “training”, but not everyone is dumb for being bad at non-verbal cues. It’s up to the communicator to actually *communicate* and Meri rarely does that. 

Being true and honest is hard. It can alienate people and make a person feel vulnerable and I suspect Meri doesn’t want to deal with that. So, she expects everyone to figure out her cryptic shit and read her mind (some people are not good at that, Meri!). It’s kind of shitty for people like Meri to assume everyone has the ability to read non-verbal cues perfectly and even if they can, it can be passive-aggressive. 

Edited to Add: Not implying Kody is spectrum-y, I have no idea, but not everyone is good at non-verbal communication. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Clarification
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Edited to Add: Not implying Kody is spectrum-y, I have no idea, but not everyone is good at non-verbal communication.

I think Kody is a typical product of his upbringing. I am in his age bracket and I grew up in a "old fashioned" family farm area. Men in my age group as well as their fathers and grand fathers are all cut with the same scissors. Kody comes from a traditional ranch world which I assume would be very similar to the family farm world. Men have two emotional levels.  Normal and angry. Men aren't allowed to feel emotion and my husband is having a hell of a time in his 50's with the fall out of not having a clue about recognizing or processing emotion, let alone allowing himself to actually feel emotion beyond anger.

Kody is in the middle of the pack of 10 kids and he wanted something different than what his father wanted for him.  He wanted glory of sports, to stand out from the others and "to look good". His father most likely expected his sons to be mirrors of himself and his daughters to be good Mormon girls who do as they are told and make babies and a hearty meal.

Kody can't recognize emotion because his religion tells him it isn't his problem and why burden yourself with such "downer" vibes...only optimism is allowed.  Live plural marriage where the women are expected to pray themselves into a sweet Stepford wife role so they can all rule the great Kody Brown planet after they scrap out the details in this life.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Kody is in the middle of the pack of 10 kids and he wanted something different than what his father wanted for him.  He wanted glory of sports, to stand out from the others and "to look good".

I agree, and believe he needed the four wives and 15 biological kids to flaunt his “amazing ego”. To show all his old ‘friends’ and classmates that he actually is a god-like creature and that all other women missed out on him.

In his mind, every man looks at him in envy; few can say they’re that fertile and had no less than 4 women who really wanted to marry him (and what prizes they were!) The sad reality is, that everyone looks at him with contempt and/or can barely stop laughing when watching this sad, pathetic human…thing.

• Love 12

I have mostly antique furniture, and I admit I may have more "things" around than many other people would like, but my home is nothing like Lizzies.  Good grief.  Those pictures of her "decorations" make the inn look claustrophobic.   TOO MUCH STUFF!!  She is running an inn for profit, and there is no way she can keep everything dusted and clean like she should.  Are B and B's inspected or regulated like motels and hotels are?  I hope there are plenty of ways to escape in case of fire.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

If only Blair was straight… That would show us all haters that she can get a MAN.

Blair is her "interior stylist friend*," and she is "beyond grateful for [his] help."  She's thanking him as first of all the little people who maker her a Z-List pseudo-celebrity.  It looked like they just spewed all her creepy snowmen, dolls and artificial trees throughout the first floor.  Notably, he didn't feature any of these masterpieces on his Instagram.

* Blair's idol, Cher, would identify herself as a vocal stylist, rather than a singer.  Critics would counter that was because she was caterwauling and did not sing.  Maybe that is why Blair is an interior stylist, rather than an interior decorator.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 12/4/2021 at 10:19 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Is there any possibility that that brown tooth looks better in person?  Could it be that it photographs differently than in real life?  Otherwise, I have no idea why she doesn't get it fixed.

Maybe it’s too expensive to get it fixed? Fear for dental procedures is another why people do not get it done.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

#comeplaywithus comes off as either sexual or sinister. Either way I don’t want to play with Meri.

Just like in The Shining.

"Come play with us, Danny!  Forevah and Evah."

I wouldn't play with Meri if they paid me for it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 12/4/2021 at 2:45 PM, iwantcookies said:

Meri wants to be skinny? If yes go to the gym and stop eating tons of rice krispy treats.

Yep! Unfortunately our Filter Queen is too lazy to do the work. She looks completely different in her social media than she does on tv, where she lumbers around like an over-fed bear. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Maybe it’s too expensive to get it fixed? Fear for dental procedures is another why people do not get it done.

There’s sedatives for fear, which I have. And one tooth shouldn’t break the bank for Meri but, she hasn’t fixed anything else she actually filters. For whatever reason—and I think she explained it a while back—she keeps the tooth. 

But why does she filter EVERYTHING ELSE? She accepts the brown tooth, but not the wrinkles or extra 60lb. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

There’s sedatives for fear, which I have. And one tooth shouldn’t break the bank for Meri but, she hasn’t fixed anything else she actually filters. For whatever reason—and I think she explained it a while back—she keeps the tooth. 

But why does she filter EVERYTHING ELSE? She accepts the brown tooth, but not the wrinkles or extra 60lb. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Totally agree on the sedatives. I am dental phobic. My dentist is wonderful and calls in a few valium pills when I have something coming up. It keeps me from fleeing, so there's that. Otherwise, there would be wanted posters of me all over town from my dentist for going on the lam and avoiding all my teeth appointments. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
On 12/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, LilyD said:

Most of it is the cost.  I too have a lot of teeth that need to be fixed.  The only type of dental insurance i've ever had was the one that pays up to $2,000 once you've spent $2,000.  It doesn't cover anything cosmetic, which is what Meri's tooth would be.

My niece was lucky in the fact that she worked for a dentist that had a houseful of kids needing braces, so he told all of his staff that they would have great dental insurance for a few years, so if they wanted work done on themselves or their kids, now is the time.  My niece got around $50,000 worth of work done on hers and when she smiles she looks like a movie star.  I've spent all of my $2,000 just trying to get 2 teeth fixed.  So yes I can see why many people don't.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I would say under normal circumstances, a person isn't really seeing their tooth, except when brushing or looking in the mirror for something, but this is Meri who photo documents every single thing  she does. At least photo filters are cheaper than cosmetic dentistry? She could really get creative and make that tooth zebra striped, or a different color each day! Let's really have fun with filters.

I don't know when it happened, but I am now completely terrified of the dentist. Most of it is that I don't numb, and they never believe me at first. They have to break out the ultra-duty 'caines. My dad doesn't numb, either! I used to be able to suck it up, but I'm a big baby now.

I have a back molar that needs attention, and I made an appointment, but canceled the day before. I'd love to try sedation dentistry, but I haven't had a driver to chauffeur me, and it also wasn't covered on my plan. (Just changed plans, so will have to see what can be done, I really need to deal with this)I think once I get TO an office, I'll be ok and resigned, but the dread and numbing worries have kept me away so far. (That and the expense, but again new plan, so hopefully it will only cost an arm instead of all limbs- because I won't numb when they saw them off 😂.)

I'm also a big bag of weird and don't like anyone touching my teeth, which is silly because I had braces twice as a teen. The worst part is during the x-rays when they have all that stuff shoved in your mouth; absolute torture and gag city. (I've turned into a very weird and eccentric old lady!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 12/2/2021 at 2:25 PM, laurakaye said:

Again, I find myself asking the eternal question - who is Meri decorating the Inn for?  Surely not guests.  But I guess if she's basically living there now, she might as well make use of every available outlet and plug in as many lights as she can until she blows up the ancient fuse box.

As for Meri and her catfish (drink!) - while I agree it's infuriating that she will never apologize for what she did, I think the reason she won't is that she's going to eternally wait for Kody to apologize first for making her divorce him "for the sake of the children."  I think Meri believes that she made the penultimate sacrifice in divorcing him, "spiritual" union be damned, and until he owns up to his part in emotionally abandoning her - which he will never do, because in his mind he did nothing wrong - she will never apologize for looking for love in the Chiquita section of the market.  So these two will forever dance around each other waiting for the other to own up to their part in the end of their marriage, and neither is going to budge.  It's like watching a boulder and a tree stare each other down.

I do not think he divorced her for the sake of the children.. I think he was more into Robin, which we all know is true, and he wanted to be with Robin. I think he used the children thing as an excuse. I also think that Mary whether consciously or unconsciously realized that he wanted to be with Robin and not her, shr felt so abandoned and lonely that then she was hooked by this other person. While seeking solace with another person in a normal marriage is not usual, this is anything but a normal marriage. I also think Cody was probably Mary's 1st and she felt really connected to him from the beginning. Cody doesn't seem to spend any time with any of the other 3, and he should just admit that he wants to be with Robin alone. But if he does that, his show is over. So he is doing all of this for the money.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 7

I carried my dental insurance over after I retired, and I'm very glad I did.  I had my front six upper teeth crowned, as they were worn and stained.  It would have cost over 10 grand without insurance, and with my plan, I paid less than 3 G's.  When I was a kid in the 60's, the dentist a neighbor recommended to my mom, didn't even USE novocain.  Now that was painful!  They always give me extra nowadays.

If I was Meri (and I'm thankful that I'm not!) I would have had my tooth fixed before I financed my daughters' trip to Bali, or my umpteenth trip to Disneyland.  Priorities.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

At least 3 times, maybe 4, we have made the trip from Toronto, Canada area to Algodones, Mexico for dental care, a trip of 2,400 miles each way.  We had an RV at the time, so hotel and meal expenses were not a huge factor. Taking into account the cost of gas, we probably didn't save a great deal of money, but did enjoy the trip itself.  We found the cost of dentistry there to be 60 -75% less than we would have paid at home,  From Flagstaff, the trip for Meri would be less than 5 hours.

The clinic we chose from possibly 20 - 30 in the town, had a team of 5 dentists, all U.S. trained with their diplomas exhibited, the clinic was immaculate, the treatment was gentle and thorough.  We were more than happy with the care given.  We parked on the U.S. side and walked 2 minutes to the center of the town.  Perfectly safe and a great experience.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I would say under normal circumstances, a person isn't really seeing their tooth, except when brushing or looking in the mirror for something, but this is Meri who photo documents every single thing  she does. At least photo filters are cheaper than cosmetic dentistry? She could really get creative and make that tooth zebra striped, or a different color each day! Let's really have fun with filters.

I don't know when it happened, but I am now completely terrified of the dentist. Most of it is that I don't numb, and they never believe me at first. They have to break out the ultra-duty 'caines. My dad doesn't numb, either! I used to be able to suck it up, but I'm a big baby now.

I have a back molar that needs attention, and I made an appointment, but canceled the day before. I'd love to try sedation dentistry, but I haven't had a driver to chauffeur me, and it also wasn't covered on my plan. (Just changed plans, so will have to see what can be done, I really need to deal with this)I think once I get TO an office, I'll be ok and resigned, but the dread and numbing worries have kept me away so far. (That and the expense, but again new plan, so hopefully it will only cost an arm instead of all limbs- because I won't numb when they saw them off 😂.)

I'm also a big bag of weird and don't like anyone touching my teeth, which is silly because I had braces twice as a teen. The worst part is during the x-rays when they have all that stuff shoved in your mouth; absolute torture and gag city. (I've turned into a very weird and eccentric old lady!)

I'm with you every step of the way (I do numb however).  I too hate the x-rays and everything having to do with having dental work, which unfortunately genetically is one of my burdens!  However, for a root canal I was given an Ativan and I gotta say....they could have chopped my head off for all I cared.  Take one of those!

4 hours ago, antfitz said:

I do not think he divorced her for the sake of the children.. I think he was more into Robin, which we all know is true, and he wanted to be with Robin. I think he used the children thing as an excuse. I also think that Mary whether consciously or unconsciously realized that he wanted to be with Robin and not her, shr felt so abandoned and lonely that then she was hooked by this other person. While seeking solace with another person in a normal marriage is not usual, this is anything but a normal marriage. I also think Cody was probably Mary's 1st and she felt really connected to him from the beginning. Cody doesn't seem to spend any time with any of the other 3, and he should just admit that he wants to be with Robin alone. But if he does that, his show is over. So he is doing all of this for the money.

I agree with every word of your post. 

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

When I was a kid in the 60's, the dentist a neighbor recommended to my mom, didn't even USE novocain.  

My husband and I were talking about this the other day as I had just been to the dentist and had so much Novocain that my eyelid wasn't even working right.  LOL.  Anyway, I was a kid in the 60s, he a kid in the 70s, and neither of us got Novocain either.  I just don't think it was done for kids back then.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I didn't have any cavities as a kid in the 1960s, but my friends who did typically got laughing gas. I have red hair and one theory is that we feel more pain, but my red-haired dentist went to a conference where someone gave a paper on how gingers are more resistant to novocaine so it takes longer to go numb.  So we tried it out and rather than double/tripling the novocaine (which used to leave my gums & tongue numb for hours), we just waited 10 minutes instead of the usual 5 minutes for average humans and I didn't need any extra novocaine.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Our pictures can be side by side on the wanted poster (totally filtered pictures, of course).

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Have you all seen a movie called sausage party? You will never look at food the same way again 🤣. It’s animated but rated R.

I'm not sure I get how this fits with Meri (and not sure I want to know!) but I can't help but comment. I was hanging out with a guy I was seeing years ago and he suggested that. I thought it was a children's movie so I thought he was going a bit insane but I indulged him. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

D3B65EBA-9D58-4882-909F-398475191891.jpeg

Yeah, sure. Because as long as “who you are” is filtered by you into a wrinkle-free, happy 120 lb woman, it doesn’t matter that you’re not. 

#BecauseIHaveFilters #LivingMyFakeOnlinePersona (hey, isn’t that catfishing?)
#BuildingWalls

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah, sure. Because as long as “who you are” is filtered by you into a wrinkle-free, happy 120 lb woman, it doesn’t matter that you’re not. 

#BecauseIHaveFilters #LivingMyFakeOnlinePersona (hey, isn’t that catfishing?)
#BuildingWalls

Your building walls hashtag reminds me that the clip for this Sunday's episode features Meri threatening Janelle that if she continues her line of conversation, Meri's fabled walls will once again arise.  As IF the world will grind to a standstill should this happen.  Where did this seething quagmire of hostility and resentment get the idea that anyone would delight in being close to her anyhow?

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I'm not sure I get how this fits with Meri (and not sure I want to know!) but I can't help but comment. I was hanging out with a guy I was seeing years ago and he suggested that. I thought it was a children's movie so I thought he was going a bit insane but I indulged him. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

People keep bringing up the banana incident. And that reminds me of the movie. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Your building walls hashtag reminds me that the clip for this Sunday's episode features Meri threatening Janelle that if she continues her line of conversation, Meri's fabled walls will once again arise.  As IF the world will grind to a standstill should this happen.  Where did this seething quagmire of hostility and resentment get the idea that anyone would delight in being close to her anyhow?

🤣 YES! Instead of indulging Meri, I wish Janelle would say this: 

“By all means Meri—build your walls. And when you’re done, stay the fuck in there.” 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 15
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Umm excuse me ma’am remember Costco Sam? 

(Lol I couldn’t resist) 

• LOL 8
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Umm excuse me ma’am remember Costco Sam? 

(Lol I couldn’t resist) 

She didn't identify her Costco Stalker as male or female.  Could just as easily been a fan of the show looking for a "brush with greatness"

In any case, it was a reason to humblebrag about her eyes.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2