Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, LilyD said:

Would things have turned out differently if Meri had had her much desired 8 kids? I think so. There's a big difference in looking after one child vs looking after the 6 Christine and Janelle had or the 8 she wanted. There's no way that Meri could have suffocated, pampered and over-protected 8 kids in the way she did with just Leon.

I agree with you.  I just want to note that Meri did have all those bonus children, because it undermines the façade of the one, big, cohesive, plural family that the Browns try to pitch.  Christine did raise Janelle's children as her own and has said that her own children admire Janelle tremendously.   (I even think the most blatant sibling rivalry is between Maddie and Mykelti.)  But, Meri lived with the walls that she put up, alienated and antagonized everyone else.  The one that she could control the longest, with the least immediate repercussion, was her own child.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My dad called them $100 a week millionaires.  Of course, that was in the 60's!  🙃

My dad calls them “big hat, no cattle”. That describes the Browns perfectly. Look at my fancy (leased) car!  Look at my property where the angels sing (but we can’t afford to pay the taxes).  Hey, while you’re here, mind chipping in for our medical bills 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

But, Meri lived with the walls that she put up, alienated and antagonized everyone else.  The one that she could control the longest, with the least immediate repercussion, was her own child.

I always find such behaviour fascinating… there’s this group of people out there that revel in misery, are tremendously jealous of other people and blame everyone for their misery. Meri is one of those people. So she walled herself up, criticized all the “lucky people” around her, and ventilated her anger and disappointment with life in general on those around her. Such people usually do little to change their behaviour and only will if their lives change dramatically and they have to. (Meri being technically cast out of the family. Having lost all, she had to get out and build a new life.)

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly…. I don’t think Meri’s new friends would find her nearly as fascinating or amazing if she wasn’t on a TV show… in fact Meri’s a rude, lumbering loudmouth who dominates every situation and uses her celebrity to bully others and they allow it in order to be friends with her.

She’s often rude to Jen, talks over her, corrects her and she does that to all her new friends and fans… it’s really pathetic and sad to see Meri in full “celebrity” mode bullying the weak people who surround her and follow her as fans.

Its all about kissing her ass and walking on eggshells…. Something Kody and the family won’t do because they have their own Z list status and don’t need her… they know the REAL Meri and they can’t stand her.

I got so mad when she kept interrupting Jen during a FWF, as if what Jen was saying had no value. Maybe it’s how they roll, but I see Meri as being her rude self. It also makes me kinda angry that Meri is a bully and gets away with it  

Meri is a classic Karen. It’s never Karen’s fault, everyone else is to blame for Karen’s problems. And she will let everyone know it.

I wish someone would say “ok Karen” when Meri threatens to put her “walls” up. I need that in my life SO BADLY. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I got so mad when she kept interrupting Jen during a FWF, as if what Jen was saying had no value. Maybe it’s how they roll, but I see Meri as being her rude self. It also makes me kinda angry that Meri is a bully and gets away with it  

Meri is a classic Karen. It’s never Karen’s fault, everyone else is to blame for Karen’s problems. And she will let everyone know it.

I wish someone would say “ok Karen” when Meri threatens to put her “walls” up. I need that in my life SO BADLY. 

This!

I find it funny how Meri is a bully, puts up walls at the drop of a hat and never apologizes yet when she was chasing after Sam all she did was whine, apologize, beg, plead and make a fool of herself… there were NO WALLS…she’d sit there pleading and whining how much she loved him, how all she wanted was to make him happy and how badly she needed him to reply and forgive her for some imaginary thing she’d done to make him angry and withdraw his affection.

Definitely not a #BossBabe #StrongWoman more like #HumanDoorMat #DelusionalFool

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

This!

I find it funny how Meri is a bully, puts up walls at the drop of a hat and never apologizes yet when she was chasing after Sam all she did was whine, apologize, beg, plead and make a fool of herself… there were NO WALLS…she’d sit there pleading and whining how much she loved him, how all she wanted was to make him happy and how badly she needed him to reply and forgive her for some imaginary thing she’d done to make him angry and withdraw his affection.

Definitely not a #BossBabe #StrongWoman more like #HumanDoorMat #DelusionalFool

Yes! 

She was willing to jeopardize the safety of her child, her marriage (such as it was) and the respect of all who knew her (including her esteemed mother) for a person she had never laid eyes on.

#EgoDrivenMania

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I see Meri's catfish as a longing to be appreciated and loved. I think she was desperate, vulnerable easy prey. I'm not saying she was blameless in it all - she wasn't - but sadly one of the few times Meri did let her walls down she got fucked (or didn't, lol). It is kinda pathetically sad.

#livingherlies #becauseshecan

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I see Meri's catfish as a longing to be appreciated and loved. I think she was desperate, vulnerable easy prey. I'm not saying she was blameless in it all - she wasn't - but sadly one of the few times Meri did let her walls down she got fucked (or didn't, lol). It is kinda pathetically sad.

#livingherlies #becauseshecan

You make some interesting points about Meri.  I do have compassion for anyone who suffers in pain.  I think I find it easier to do that with Meri, since I don’t see her on tv that often anymore and so all the things that annoyed the hey out of me are a distant memory.  She appears to be a survivor.  I hope she figures a way to be as happy as she claims to be.  I’m not sure I buy her claims so far.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 7

Meri's practically alienated most of her "bonus kids" and told Kootie to leave her alone when she was ready to drop her pants for someone she had never met, and it backfired on her.  She had no "walls" with Sam the Sham.  To think a handsome millionaire would give her the time of day, was completely delusional.  To involve Leo was a huge mistake, especially since Leo told her repeatedly that she was being catfished.  It was obvious she ruined any semblance of a relationship with Kootie, and he would never forgive her.

"She was gonna leave my ass!"  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

I think Meri could be sitting on more income potential than she knows.  I don’t think she is an especially talented singer, but that’s not required for this song.  With the right backup singers (sister wives, perhaps) she might gain some media attention.  Instead of acting so happy, why not show your pain and vulnerability?  I saw a movie recently, with this song as the closing credit. It honestly made me think of Meri! Something about the accent?   I looked it up.  It’s pretty raw.  Apparently, the original artist is a treasure.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

It's just the height of irony that Kody, upon finding out about the catfish, exclaimed "she was gonna leave my ASS!" when he'd already done that very thing to Meri.

It's really all so twisted - by divorcing Kody, she cut the one and only string she had left that tied her to that family.  She brought in Robyn to gain Kody's favor, only to have Robyn expertly mastermind Meri's divorcing Kody and making Meri think that it was actually her idea.  After Meri gives Kody what he wanted all along, Kody decides that Meri is no better than the dog crap on the bottom of his shoe, so she goes looking for love in all the wrong places....and then Kody, who didn't want her anyway, gets to shake his perm in rage that Meri had the audacity to leave HIM - when secretly, he was thrilled that he finally had a valid reason to justify his disgust for her.

There is so much gaslighting within this family, I'm surprised it doesn't all implode - leaving a deep, dark crater on Coyote Pass with only some fried Raman hair, Robyn's chin, and Meri's perfectly preserved LuLaRoe leggings as evidence that any of them ever existed at all.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri's practically alienated most of her "bonus kids" and told Kootie to leave her alone when she was ready to drop her pants for someone she had never met, and it backfired on her.  She had no "walls" with Sam the Sham.  To think a handsome millionaire would give her the time of day, was completely delusional.  To involve Leo was a huge mistake, especially since Leo told her repeatedly that she was being catfished.  It was obvious she ruined any semblance of a relationship with Kootie, and he would never forgive her.

"She was gonna leave my ass!"  

Exactly! 😂😂😂

I think Meri was wallowing in the thought of being whisked off her feet by a handsome billionaire, carried to his private jet like “An officer and a Gentleman” and flown to his private island while Kody and company pressed their noses against the window like Tiny Tim at the toy store.

C6EA4CC0-5171-4E9D-8F2C-7F8ECC55F4AC.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Meri is a mean-spirited, passive-aggressive, narcissistic puddin-head, but I can't help but feel bad for her at times.  Leon has probably put her through a lot these past few years, especially since this transition likely began a while ago, and it can't be easy on Meri, no matter how much she loves Leon.  I wish all of them the best with what's coming down the pike.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

while Kody and company pressed their noses against the window like Tiny Tim at the toy store.

eww. I got a flash of Tiny Tim (of Tip Toe Through The Tulips fame) letting his greasy curls (not unlike Leo's) touch the window. So I had to switch my mind to one of the many Dickensian TTs.

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly! 😂😂😂

I think Meri was wallowing in the thought of being whisked off her feet by a handsome billionaire, carried to his private jet like “An officer and a Gentleman” and flown to his private island while Kody and company pressed their noses against the window like Tiny Tim at the toy store.

C6EA4CC0-5171-4E9D-8F2C-7F8ECC55F4AC.jpeg

She was so darn smug when they were at that restaurant when she told them (paraphrased) that they would wake up one day and she'd be gone. That's why I had less compassion for her. She insisted on continuing the "relationship" with Sam without ever stopping to listen to what Leo was telling her. Leo must have been so offended that their mother believed in a stranger far more than their own child. I did have pity for her though, which she would hate.

I still believe Robyn had a hand in the whole thing, with her pal Kendra. I believe she helped set Meri up, or at least knew about it and did nothing to prevent it.

3 hours ago, deirdra said:

eww. I got a flash of Tiny Tim (of Tip Toe Through The Tulips fame) letting his greasy curls (not unlike Leo's) touch the window. So I had to switch my mind to one of the many Dickensian TTs.

You take that ewww back! 😂 I adored Tiny Tim when I was little and played his music on repeat on my little record player. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized what an odd duck he was.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Meri could be sitting on more income potential than she knows.  I don’t think she is an especially talented singer, but that’s not required for this song.  With the right backup singers (sister wives, perhaps) she might gain some media attention.  Instead of acting so happy, why not show your pain and vulnerability?  I saw a movie recently, with this song as the closing credit. It honestly made me think of Meri! Something about the accent?   I looked it up.  It’s pretty raw.  Apparently, the original artist is a treasure.  

Love this gal! You Took My Joy. Its brutal and raw.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

"You GO GIRL!!!  You are a Survivor!!  YOU should go on Survivor!  And like bring Kody and vote HIM off the island lololol right??  You are an Inspriation!  To all that follow you!  Also I LOVE those shoes can I buy them on your LuLaRoo page??  You are sooooooooo cool and pretty, how do you LOOK so young??@??  You are such a BOSS LADY can I be apart of your LuLuRo team??  DM me please!1"

• Like 1
  • LOL 14
54 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"You GO GIRL!!!  You are a Survivor!!  YOU should go on Survivor!  And like bring Kody and vote HIM off the island lololol right??  You are an Inspriation!  To all that follow you!  Also I LOVE those shoes can I buy them on your LuLaRoo page??  You are sooooooooo cool and pretty, how do you LOOK so young??@??  You are such a BOSS LADY can I be apart of your LuLuRo team??  DM me please!1"

If she went on survivor she might actually resemble her photoshoped pics of how skinny she allegedly  is 🤣

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7D9FC5BB-6203-4F30-BB32-2D8CD64E469B.jpeg

Meri tries to make it sound as though her problems have been inflicted upon her, when in reality, she is the author of her own misfortune.

• Like 2
  • Applause 13
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri tries to make it sound as though her problems have been inflicted upon her, when in reality, she is the author of her own misfortune.

Meri also tries to make it seem as though her life has been extraordinary hard. One could argue its been pretty damn easy for her compared to many.

• Like 2
  • Applause 11
  • Love 2

After reading these comments today, for some reason, my mind went back to the time that she was considering having another child.  She saw a doctor or something to see the state of her health…was she considering a surrogate?  ….she and Kody hiked up on some small mountain and he asked for her decision about 39 times and she never could answer him.  This mystery continued for half the season and I don’t think she ever did answer him about it.  I guess it just got dropped.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

After reading these comments today, for some reason, my mind went back to the time that she was considering having another child.  She saw a doctor or something to see the state of her health…was she considering a surrogate?  ….she and Kody hiked up on some small mountain and he asked for her decision about 39 times and she never could answer him.  This mystery continued for half the season and I don’t think she ever did answer him about it.  I guess it just got dropped.  

That was so annoying. And it didn't get dropped. Kody just made the decision for them - no more babies for Meri.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

That was so annoying. And it didn't get dropped. Kody just made the decision for them - no more babies for Meri.

Or Robyn made the decision for them and told her hand puppet Kody what to say 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I admit I don't have much patience for Meri and her theatrics but the way I recall the conversation, Kody said "then let's sit on no...for now".  Meri then went running to Robyn wailing "I was going to say yes". 

Meri waffled for about 2 years and when she had the opportunity to express how much she did want another child she blew it by not being forthright with the man she had been married to for 20 years.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Survivor really? No Meri, your not. You are a hanger on-er, pretending to be some boss babe that shills crappy cloths and builds walls around you when someone calls you out. You photoshop the shit out of yourself because in reality your life stinks, your man dumped you, yet you beg for any scrap of attention you can get from him. You have burned every bridge with family including Leon I suspect and I fill they honestly only use you for your wallet. Survivors are strong, people who beat cancer, abusive situations, accidents and so many other situations that you have never had to endure. Go live your best #whyiamsuchanasshole life and get over yourself

• Applause 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Survivor really? No Meri, your not. You are a hanger on-er, pretending to be some boss babe that shills crappy cloths and builds walls around you when someone calls you out. You photoshop the shit out of yourself because in reality your life stinks, your man dumped you, yet you beg for any scrap of attention you can get from him. You have burned every bridge with family including Leon I suspect and I fill they honestly only use you for your wallet. Survivors are strong, people who beat cancer, abusive situations, accidents and so many other situations that you have never had to endure. Go live your best #whyiamsuchanasshole life and get over yourself

This!  X 1,000.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Survivors are strong, people who beat cancer, abusive situations, accidents and so many other situations that you have never had to endure. Go live your best #whyiamsuchanasshole life and get over yourself

THIS ^ x1000.  Walk in the shoes of someone who is honestly a survivor and then we'll talk.  Until then shut your useless piehole.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Isn't Meri a #StrongWoman?  Hasn't she been #LivingHerWhy among Next Level Humans?  Wasn't she just a guest speaker on courage and bravery at the invitation of a "Master Monetizer for Elite" & "Supermom"?  

Her hashtags don't jibe with her cut-&-paste deep thoughts.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri waffled for about 2 years and when she had the opportunity to express how much she did want another child she blew it by not being forthright with the man she had been married to for 20 years.  

I got the impression at the time that Meri was playing hard to get, offering more cons than pros for having another baby, hoping that her reverse psychology would make Kody say YES and beg her to try for another. But expecting people to read her mind has never worked and her eggs got 2 years older while she dithered and talked obliquely around the subject.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CherryBelly said:

I'm not Meri fan but I don't think it's fair to say she isn't a survivor or has had an easy life. She grew up in a cult and had at least one Mom leave her Dad. Her Dad suffered with serious illness for a couple of years before he died. Her full sister died of cancer in her 30s leaving young children behind. Her eldest full brother died a few years ago. It wasn't disclosed how he died but Meri said he had been in emotional and physical pain and she hoped he was now at peace. I know he did post on a SW blog years ago supporting Meri and saying she'd really helped him with his substance abuse which started after his son died. So that's a nephew Meri also lost in childhood/early adulthood.

Plus plural marriage isn't easy and neither is infertility, primary or secondary. Especially in a cult where a woman's primary role is to have children. And she had a miscarriage of a much wanted baby. Everything Leon has been through won't have been easy on Meri. And although I think Meri was stupid, vain and selfish to have an emotional affair, she was catfished by a cruel nutcase.

And that's just the stuff we know about.

I don't like Meri but she has been through a lot and didn't bring all of it on herself.

You're so right and everything is relative. Her post may give someone the courage to take a new path. And even when folks do bring hardships onto themselves it doesn't negate their strength in moving forward. We all do the best we can, with what we know at the time.

With that said, IMO Meri's posts exaggerate her hardships and scream victim, rather than survivor. I can't really pinpoint it but so many posts feel disingenuous, incongruent and very much self-aggrandizing.

As someone mentioned maybe its because Meri seems to be posting more to send a message to the Browns (and maybe trying to convince herself), than she is sharing her life on SM.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This this this!!! Strong people and true heroes also don’t brag or need constant validation like Meri does.

She needs to hear this and let it sink in before her “walls” go up. 🙄

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

Oh, I dislike her attention-seeking quasi inspirational posts but that doesn't mean she hasn't been through the wringer as I think she has in a lot of ways. And it is all relative, as you say. 

And also, I see it as attention seeking and disingenuous in a lot of ways, but I admit I'm cynical lol. A lot of her followers judging by the comments, do think she's an inspiration and like her a lot. 

That goes for all the Brown's really. The subs and forums criticising them are a very small proportion of people following their lives and I find that interesting.

I get it, and I do lose a lot of my compassion regarding her, but for me it's the way she treats people. People in her family, her customers and fans m, people she bumps into at the store (the "stalker" who complimented her eyes). She treats anyone she doesn't deem worthy like peons; far beneath her lofty perch, and not worth the air they breathe.. unless  of course they can do something for her.
(Ok, the family, I can kind of understand, because they've shown they can be awful to each other.)

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
On 7/9/2022 at 4:29 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

I get it, and I do lose a lot of my compassion regarding her, but for me it's the way she treats people. People in her family, her customers and fans m, people she bumps into at the store (the "stalker" who complimented her eyes). She treats anyone she doesn't deem worthy like peons; far beneath her lofty perch, and not worth the air they breathe.. unless  of course they can do something for her.
(Ok, the family, I can kind of understand, because they've shown they can be awful to each other.)

This. 

• Love 9