Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember Janelle saying Bonnie was such an introvert, that she (Bonnie) would hate running the place.  

Guess Janelle didn't give her enough credit.  It sounds like Bonnie's doing well.  

Thanks for the memory jog XWORD, I thought it was Meri who expressed that Bonnie was introverted.  Now that I think about it, it was Janelle.

I still think that Annie could have been good at it too and she could have set up a little gift shop concept selling her bags to the guests.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks for the memory jog XWORD, I thought it was Meri who expressed that Bonnie was introverted.  Now that I think about it, it was Janelle.

I still think that Annie could have been good at it too and she could have set up a little gift shop concept selling her bags to the guests.

I agree; Annie seemed really enthusiastic about running the inn.  Is she younger than Bonnie?  She seems to be, but it's hard to tell.  Maybe when Bonnie decides to call it  a day to retire, Annie could do it, if she's still interested.

Meri must be a lot nicer to her "Moms" than she is to her LuLaNo customers.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree; Annie seemed really enthusiastic about running the inn.  Is she younger than Bonnie?  She seems to be, but it's hard to tell.  Maybe when Bonnie decides to call it  a day to retire, Annie could do it, if she's still interested.

Meri must be a lot nicer to her "Moms" than she is to her LuLaNo customers.

I don't know about their chronological age differences, but Annie seems to have a younger spirit, maybe that's where Christine gets her's from.

Annie made a deliberate decision to leave polygamy, where Bonnie was widowed, Annie liberated herself and that was a powerful move, creating a "lightness" about her.

• Love 7
On 7/29/2018 at 7:56 AM, ginger90 said:

Wacky things are happening with pictures on here. So, no clue if that showed up. I don’t want anyone to miss out on this one!

26612284-CE1D-41EF-86C0-C1021158F87A.jpeg

That dress is giving me Peter Pan Mr. Smee vibes, and that woman should be mad that no one thought to tell her or correct her. Incidentally, she's literally across the street from Disneyland. Had she worn that to the park, the locals would have assumed that she is Disneybounding Mr. Smee himself. She doesn't love herself. 

Wnq6CGwv.jpg

Edited by vokuro
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, vokuro said:

That dress is giving me Peter Pan Mr. Smee vibes, and that woman should be mad that no one thought to tell her or correct her. Incidentally, she's literally across the street from Disneyland. Had she worn that to the park, the locals would have assumed that she is Disneybounding Mr. Smee himself. She doesn't love herself. 

Wnq6CGwv.jpg

That was Audrey wearing that dress !

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, lma said:

Not gonna lie @AZChristian, while reading your synopsis, I kept waiting for you to say you were “joking” or “that’s the way you imagined it should be at a real B&B.” I am shocked at your report, but good for them I guess. Glad to hear you and the other guests had a good time and were treated well. They are failing at marketing this place, which leads people to draw their own conclusions.

I agree that they could use some help with marketing if they want to have "sell-out" nights often.  They did ask us to leave a good review online if we were happy with our experience.  Bonnie said that business is really picking up, so they must be getting some good word-of-mouth advertising.

• Love 5

OMG, St. Meri.  Fixing crowns without a word of thanks.  Puh-leeze.

Love the first one the best - what you think of yourself is more important unless they say something negative at which point you go postal.  And quit posting selfies with hashtags if you don't want people's opinions.

• Love 11

Meri linked this from her Twitter. Someone commented that she needed prettier shoes. Meri’s reply:

Meri Brown @MeriBrown1

Replying to @xxxxxx

Except I love my shoes so I'm good!

2:44 PM · Aug 5, 2018

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri linked this from her Twitter. Someone commented that she needed prettier shoes. Meri’s reply:

Meri Brown @MeriBrown1

Replying to @xxxxxx

I’m sorry (not sorry) but that “kimono” looks like a cross between a grandma’s tablecloth and a “hippie” costume you’d buy for Halloween...

• Love 8
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri Brown @MeriBrown1

Replying to @xxxxxx

Loving those hideous excuses for shoes explains how she can tolerate being dressed in LulaNo.  She continues to prove she has neither fashion sense or taste.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Loving those hideous excuses for shoes explains how she can tolerate being dressed in LulaNo.  She continues to prove she has neither fashion sense or taste.

In clothes or in men.  One turns out to be Doofus; and her imaginary rescuer, Sam the Sham.  Meri must share a defective brain.

I wouldn't wear those shoes if I got paid for it.  The clothes either.  

• Love 9

Prints do not pair well with stripes or plaids.  Fashion 101, at least for old ladies like me.

I hate those shoes, too.  The toes look dirty, like she stepped in something nasty.  No, no, I will not say shit!!

And why is the back of the LuLaNo dress so much longer than the front?  Is that maybe because their average customer has a big ass?

So sorry that Meri and whatever she does, brings out the snark in me.  It's an involuntary reflex, I swear!

• Love 17
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

NO thank you.

The garage door is more attractive, IMO.

Look at her legs -  is it me, or do her legs look they haven't been shaved in 2 months?   It's probably just the lighting but in this photo it looks she shaves her arms and lets her leg hairs grow "au naturale".

• Love 6

Oh, my.  My fashion-loving soul is deeply troubled by the fact that she believes any aspect of that ensemble works.  The colors don't match.  The patterns don't match.  The shape brings out the worst features of her figure.  The dress might actually be okay on its own--not great, but not horrifying--but that blouse hits her at such a bad spot.  And those shoes.  Words fail.  The shame is that with the right clothes, Meri could look nice.

• Love 16

What a shame.  That's the best I've seen her hair look in a long time (faint praise, I know). 

Can someone explain why is she posing in front of a garage door ? Did she just take out the garbage? Is it too late to throw that outfit in the bin?  Or is that where she found those rags, in a neighbor's trash?  

Why stop there, Meri?  You should make yourself a little fascinator out of the tuna can and mesh onion bag that were in the bin with those clothes.  Maybe make yourself a clutch purse out of an egg carton. Then your outfit would be complete!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 22

I am assuming that the Lularoe style of mixing strange patterns together is what the company considers "edgy" but it doesn't seem to be working out for them.  It sure isn't starting a fashion trend. Nor are those awful shoes.

Edited by neh
Spelling
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, neh said:

It sure isn't starting a fashion trend.

Thank heavens.  I don't want to go blind. 

And while I have never in my life been considered fashionable, this would certainly not be something I would remotely consider.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Thank heavens.  I don't want to go blind. 

And while I have never in my life been considered fashionable, this would certainly not be something I would remotely consider.

I hear ya, sista.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Those shoe/boots look HUGE! 

She looks like a Clydesdale. And the "kimono": Why is it called that? Doesn't resemble a kimono in the slightest. Looks more like a wrap you wear at the beach.

• Love 8

Not even going to ask....Who wore it better...because they both look like crap.

I thought one of the big benefits of sweating out your life in LLR 100% polyester would be that at least it doesn't wrinkle.  Wrong

Where are they?  I thought Mariah and Audrey were setting up their apartment in Chicago.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Could that skirt be any tighter?  Ugh.

#BecauseIHaveNoFriggingTaste #AndNeitherDoesMyDaughter #DidYouKnowMariahIsGay #WhyDoIUseSoManyDamnedHashTags #BitchyAsIWannaBe

That last one is the best! 

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Mariah looks like a park ranger. (An awesome job, but not a very fashion forward uniform.)

Good description.  Especially since the background looks outdoorsy, and it's not in front of one of their garages.

Meri's shoes are just fugly.

• Love 6

My mom loved garage sales.  When she visited me, she would bring me garage sale clothes for what she called"knocking around. "  Now I know there are bargains to be had at garage sales, but the knocking around clothes looked similar to what Meri is wearing.  I said thank you to my mom and put the clothes away.  After she left, 99% went to goodwill.  I wouldn't be caught dead 99% of what Meri wears either.

• Love 7

They are not dressed well in my opinion not that I am a fashion plate, but, I don't dress like that, and Mariah and Meri are brats, but Mariah really looks happy in her recent pictures, wardrobe and personality excepted.  

• Love 6

OMG!  I went to Durham Bulls game on Saturday night and saw a woman wearing Luluroe leggings as pants.  The leggings were the demented Chihuahu as. It was bad.....Very bad!

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

He'd be attractive bald, I don't know why he fights it.

That stringy, matted hair makes his head seem grotesquely disproportionate to the size of his new body.  I doubt that he would ever shave it though, he has a considerable amount invested in the hair plugs they talked about in an early season.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

He'd be attractive bald, I don't know why he fights it.

That stringy, matted hair makes his head seem grotesquely disproportionate to the size of his new body.  I doubt that he would ever shave it though, he has a considerable amount invested in the hair plugs they talked about in an early season.

• Love 4