Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

On 4/2/2018 at 6:11 PM, ginger90 said:

This is Meri’s idea of a vine covered wall. #getoutofthepicture

I have to say, “idiot” came up as a suggested word when I started typing “idea”.

So close Meri! Jacket fits better than the other one did, the top isn't too bad, and the jeggings fit they way they are supposed to - but I'm still not feeling those shoes.

• Love 3
On 3/21/2018 at 3:51 PM, ginger90 said:

Her jackets are always too damn small!

On 3/23/2018 at 4:55 AM, Kohola3 said:

What's with the leis?  I know they do that in Hawaii but stateside?  I'm not sure what state it's in but it's definitely not Hawaii.

They are sold at our graduation every year in Santa Barbara.  Its a thing.

If Meri looked at the prices, she'd likely find the full plant is cheaper than the cut.  It is in the stores where I shop so I always buy the plant and usually get several uses from it before I manage to kill it.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

If Meri looked at the prices, she'd likely find the full plant is cheaper than the cut.  It is in the stores where I shop so I always buy the plant and usually get several uses from it before I manage to kill it.

Me too! Trader Joe's basil plants ?

• Love 8
On 4/7/2018 at 5:52 PM, Absolom said:

It looked like a full plant to me--there was a black, plastic temporary pot showing at the bottom of the image. Just needs re-potted and good to go. Backyard basil!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It looked like a full plant to me--there was a black, plastic temporary pot showing at the bottom of the image. Just needs re-potted and good to go. Backyard basil!

Yes, she bought the plant this time because the store didn't have enough cut basil.  I was saying she should always buy a plant if she doesn't have one.

• Love 2
Just now, Absolom said:

Yes, she bought the plant this time because the store didn't have enough cut basil.  I was saying she should always buy a plant if she doesn't have one.

Oh I get it now. Sorry. Bad at interpretation of text sometimes. 

• Love 1
On 4/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, preciousperfect said:

Those are the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. What the heck are those? Looks like bowling shoes/wedges.

Herman Munster shoes 

image.png.b2b9c321f20f21d5ab47e484ffa2e11b.png 

She looks like she is gonna pop a few seams in that jacket - about as much movement as a T-Rex 

• Love 7

When I wear a jacket, I like the option of buttoning/zipping it.  

Meri has terrible taste in clothes (among other things, like men.)  Don't the McMansions have a full-length mirror?  

LOL Herman Munster shoes!  

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She looks like she is gonna pop a few seams in that jacket - about as much movement as a T-Rex 

That huge gap means no way in hell she'd ever be able to close that jacket.  I'd be tugging at it all of the time.  OF course, then it would split down the back!

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She does have awful taste in cloths, but a I have to say it is a bit better than when the show 1st started when they would wear t shirts underneath tank top shirts or something like that. 

image.png.ea8d0e2e0d723dd88f70d00927bab878.png

I think they were Danskin leotards, like all the girls in my high school wore back in the late 70s.

Edited by Teri313
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Does she get extra $$ for that or just a piece of sale (commission)? 

Meri definitely gets a cut, but I can't recall off the top of my head what the LLR pyramid scheme is. 

What's interesting is that now Meri and Maddie and Mariah/Audrey are competing with each other for a finite customer base.  The company schpiel is that they don't compete because LLR consultants get different patterns, tell that to the ones who are still trying to unload the first Disney patterns with Mickey heads and Doritos. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Hold the phone - Meri signed up Mariah and Audrey to peddle LLR. 

Interesting, I can't picture either Mariah or Audrey even wearing the stuff.  I wonder if they'll suck it up and start posing in head-to-toe outfits like Meri to drum up sales.  (Though I don't think Maddie does that, either.)  And doesn't Mariah already shill for some kind of athletic wear?  Seems like a conflict of interest somehow.  Not to mention a lot of work on top of grad school.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Interesting, I can't picture either Mariah or Audrey even wearing the stuff.  I wonder if they'll suck it up and start posing in head-to-toe outfits like Meri to drum up sales.  (Though I don't think Maddie does that, either.)  And doesn't Mariah already shill for some kind of athletic wear?  Seems like a conflict of interest somehow.  Not to mention a lot of work on top of grad school.

Mariah and Audrey both love the "shredded look" and judging by reports I hear about LLR leggings, they won't need scissors to create the look.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Um. 

18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Huge t-shirts tied in a knot?  Seriously?

They must be at Meri's house, where the walls are so cluttered with inspirational plaques, there is no room for full length mirrors.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Touche, @DakotaJustice.  :)  I totally forgot about that picture.  But, in my defense, Meri herself says that those "fashions" are "out of their box."  (The box needs to be re-packed and thrown into a volcano, IMO.)

and they're AMAZING!  
Gimme a break, it's a freaking plain black dress with a knot in the bottom. But they're AMAZING!  

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They must be at Meri's house, where the walls are so cluttered with inspirational plaques, there is no room for full length mirrors.

and family pictures...She did a FB Live from Parowan and apparently there were no paying guests there.  Just the three of them.

• Love 3

YI'm not rich, I'm not a fashionista, and I'm nearing 40. I find many of my clothes on amazon or at thrift stores, sometimes even little items (jumpsuit) at Walmart. My clothing is a fraction of the cost of LLR. I get many compliments on style and certain outfits (not bragging, just being truthful). I enjoy "dressing up". Watching people buy LLR makes me feel like they got ripped off. 

Meri could look so stylish if she wore colors that complimented her skin tone and cuts/fabrics that flatter her figure. Cramming yourself into sizes that are too small not only isn't comfortable, it looks terrible.

Again, I'm not some fashion model obviously...but I think I have my own unique style and wish others would consider finding better quality clothing than LLR. Not to mention more affordable options.

Ugh I can't share pics! 

2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Yes because you were the only interesting person on the show

I'm laughing at that Tony picture

• Love 6
11 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Touche, @DakotaJustice.  :)  I totally forgot about that picture.  But, in my defense, Meri herself says that those "fashions" are "out of their box."  (The box needs to be re-packed and thrown into a volcano, IMO.)

Or the closest dumpster, if there isn't a nearby volcano, LOL!

I don't get tying a huge ugly shirt into a knot, either, @Kohola3.  

Just say LuLaNo!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, PolygamyDoesntWork said:

YI'm not rich, I'm not a fashionista, and I'm nearing 40. I find many of my clothes on amazon or at thrift stores, sometimes even little items (jumpsuit) at Walmart. My clothing is a fraction of the cost of LLR. I get many compliments on style and certain outfits (not bragging, just being truthful). I enjoy "dressing up". Watching people buy LLR makes me feel like they got ripped off. 

Meri could look so stylish if she wore colors that complimented her skin tone and cuts/fabrics that flatter her figure. Cramming yourself into sizes that are too small not only isn't comfortable, it looks terrible.

Again, I'm not some fashion model obviously...but I think I have my own unique style and wish others would consider finding better quality clothing than LLR. Not to mention more affordable options.

Ugh I can't share pics! 

I'm laughing at that Tony picture

She really could. She doesn't have a terrible figure, she looks like an average 40-something year old woman who could use a makeover. 

And as far as her skin tone, she continues to over-do the bronzer and her stylist looks like she's shredding Meri's hair (is it straw, or hair?) Back off the bronzer, go with some cooler, ash tones and a less ragged look for the hair, and finally, clothes that fit properly. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Or the closest dumpster, if there isn't a nearby volcano, LOL!

I don't get tying a huge ugly shirt into a knot, either, @Kohola3.  

Just say LuLaNo!

The knots seem to be an attempt to give a cheaply constructed garment some shape.  I have never seen a LLR in person, but from pictures, they seem to be constructed without darts for fit at the bustline, the tube shape can be whipped up in minutes in a sweatshop, then all they have to do is convince the fan base that a honking big knot is stylish and figure flattering.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The knots seem to be an attempt to give a cheaply constructed garment some shape.  I have never seen a LLR in person, but from pictures, they seem to be constructed without darts for fit at the bustline, the tube shape can be whipped up in minutes in a sweatshop, then all they have to do is convince the fan base that a honking big knot is stylish and figure flattering.

And...fit a wide range of sizes!

My Grandmother was the family genealogist and had a collection of old photos.  I remember her showing me a photo where little girls to about preteen were lined up at a family gathering (roughly 20's/30's) at an old farmhouse.  They were all dressed pretty much alike in what looked like the same style dress.  She told me that "sack dresses" were made, not only making them from the flour sacks of the day, but because they were sack shaped.  Cinched at the waist they would fit many sizes of girls and could be passed back and forth or passed down or to cousins etc.  If they were too short, pieces of cloth was sewn to the bottoms to make them longer.  Fabric was never, ever thrown away and worn out clothes always became something else.  I learned to hand sew pretty young with putting patches on worn areas of clothes etc, and my grandmother always had a box stashed away of old fabric to dig through to find a good patch.

• Love 5

I've sort of fallen into a internet rabbit hole the last few months following and reading about the disaster that is LuLaRoe.  It's no surprise that Meri that would get involved in such a shady company.  Check out the r/antimlm sub on reddit for more info about what a total nightmare the company owners and practices are.  People like Meri that have a built in "fan" base are the only ones with a real chance at making money at these pyramid schemes.  However, the LuLaRoe ship is going down fast- I expect to see her evacuate any day now if she has any sense at all.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, prunieprune said:

I've sort of fallen into a internet rabbit hole the last few months following and reading about the disaster that is LuLaRoe.  It's no surprise that Meri that would get involved in such a shady company.  Check out the r/antimlm sub on reddit for more info about what a total nightmare the company owners and practices are.  People like Meri that have a built in "fan" base are the only ones with a real chance at making money at these pyramid schemes.  However, the LuLaRoe ship is going down fast- I expect to see her evacuate any day now if she has any sense at all.  

Meri must be willfully ignorant of the outcome for LLR to have enlisted Maddie, Mariah and Audrey, either that, or she is so overtaken with greed that she simply doesn't care.

These LLR fashions were designed with the older, shall be we kind and say "matronly" figure in mind.  I just can't see Maddie selling this to young moms or Mariah and Audrey creating a trend with the college age market.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

They are not made well.  The dress I had was longer in the back and the hem and white backing of the fabric showed from the front.  In my defense, I bought the dress because a friend was selling and I went to her 1st party.  I thought it was cute at first, wore it once and realized I hated it.  Gave it to my cousin who LOVES this stuff.  She gifted me one of the Disney shirts and I gifted it to Goodwill.  The crappiest piece they sell I think is the lace vest.  TOTALLY cheap looking

• Love 3
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Or the closest dumpster, if there isn't a nearby volcano..

But isn't that were it came from to begin with?

3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

They were all dressed pretty much alike in what looked like the same style dress. 

Good grief, your grandmother could have made millions if she had only known how to create a pyramid scheme and sell them to the clueless masses.

• Love 7

but you know - who can resist this hot piece of tuna ( he gets hit on alot! )

beccas rewatch GIF-downsized.gif

3 hours ago, lma said:

Target and Old Navy has the same stuff. And for a lot cheaper. When it comes to mixing prints, it takes a certain kind who can pull it off successfully without it looking forced and uncomfortable. 

If only LuluRu would have done something like this, it would have saved a lot of eyesight of seeing Meri's mixmatched shitshow of a wardrobe

image.png.ac72bb76938574c005062d81ae033b96.png 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

but you know - who can resist this hot piece of tuna ( he gets hit on alot! )

beccas rewatch GIF-downsized.gif

If only LuluRu would have done something like this, it would have saved a lot of eyesight of seeing Meri's mixmatched shitshow of a wardrobe

image.png.ac72bb76938574c005062d81ae033b96.png 

Sadly, it’s all being worn as intended.

On March 21, 2018 at 3:47 PM, Absolom said:

I think Meri engages in another kind of emotional hoarding also.  She hoards her grievances and perceived wrongs and slights.  She has never been easy going about letting anything flow by her.  She latches on and collects anything that doesn't seem to be a compliment.

My best friend whose also a therapist has a term for that, she's an "Injustice Collector"

• Love 16
22 hours ago, prunieprune said:

Yeeeup. I have an acquaintance who announced she's no longer selling LLR and is trying to offload her merch right now. She's now selling with a different company (and the clothes are actually cute). 

• Love 4

I went to get my money back at a place that’s changing ownership today. The receptionist had a cute top on, and I complimented her. Turns out it was LuLaNo! She wore black pants with it (I didn’t see her shoes, lol, she was behind a counter) . Anyway, she got it for free from a friend who is no longer selling for them. She said they are required to sell 30 pieces a month. I wish I had asked her what happens if they didn’t meet that. Oh well.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I went to get my money back at a place that’s changing ownership today. The receptionist had a cute top on, and I complimented her. Turns out it was LuLaNo! She wore black pants with it (I didn’t see her shoes, lol, she was behind a counter) . Anyway, she got it for free from a friend who is no longer selling for them. She said they are required to sell 30 pieces a month. I wish I had asked her what happens if they didn’t meet that. Oh well.

Kody shows up wearing a man bun and nothing else....if you don't sell!

• Love 8