Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Readalot said:

Meri should get out while she can. Lots of LLR going out of business sales in my area. Leggings down to $8.50 a pair. 

There will be tons more than there already are on eBay, I am sure.

Even with Meri's D list celeb status, I wonder how much profit she's actually making.  I suppose she's not desperate to get rid of stuff, because her McMansion has 5 bedrooms.  

On 6/11/2017 at 5:41 PM, ginger90 said:

Just as I suspected.  Only a pre-pubescent girl could wear those clingy fabrics in those draped cuts and wild prints and not look like an old pile of rags someone dumped at the back door of a Goodwill. 

What is she, about 11 years old?  She's just as cute as a button.  But in a couple of years that stuff will look like crap on her, too.  Oh well.

Of course, LLR will be out of business by then.  Thank goodness. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Just as I suspected.  Only a pre-pubescent girl could wear those clingy fabrics in those draped cuts and wild prints and not look like an old pile of rags someone dumped at the back door of a Goodwill. 

What is she, about 11 years old?  She's just as cute as a button.  But in a couple of years that stuff will look like crap on her, too.  Oh well.

Of course, LLR will be out of business by then.  Thank goodness. 

This is Robyn's daughter, Breanna (NOT Kody's, no matter what they pretend).  She was born in 2005, so she's going to be 12 next month.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

This is Robyn's daughter, Breanna (NOT Kody's, no matter what they pretend).  She was born in 2005, so she's going to be 12 next month.  

wow, I didn't even recognize her!  Thanks for the info, AZCHRISTIAN

• Love 2

I just had a thought.  The Browns bought their McMansions in December of 2012--this December will mark the 5th year.  Wasn't the builder-financed-interest-only-loan good for 5 years?  If so, that means they will all have to secure new financing or come up with the money to pay off 4 huge balloon notes in less than 6 months.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I hope they continue pretending Kody is her father. Last thing the world needs is another creepy polygamous guy marrying his stepdaughter that he helped raised when she comes of age while he is still married to her mother.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2017 at 0:57 PM, lettsjetts said:

Meri is in the new VanLadyLove music video.

She probably secretly hopes she could get with a band member, they look a lot younger than her but then again she thought a hot successful guy like "Samuel" was interested in her.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I just had a thought.  The Browns bought their McMansions in December of 2012--this December will mark the 5th year.  Wasn't the builder-financed-interest-only-loan good for 5 years?  If so, that means they will all have to secure new financing or come up with the money to pay off 4 huge balloon notes in less than 6 months.

Yes!  I remember that!  Oh goodness...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, 4leafclover said:

I think the interest-only loan thing was imagined by people on this board, but never actually proven with documentation. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I think the interest-only loan thing was imagined by people on this board, but never actually proven with documentation. 

The discussion actually goes back to The Sister Wives Blog during the time the family was getting the loans. Lots of snooping and sleuthing, most information online pointed to non-conventional financing. SWB allowed much more info to be posted than PTV, so (if I remember correctly) there was a lot of high-level detective work going on! Bottom line is, common sense will tell you that once you run the numbers on all it takes to fund four McMansions and all those people, the Browns do not make enough money from TLC and their various scams. So there HAS to be some fancy financing for the homes plus a pile of credit cards, and it will eventually all come crashing down. It has, at least four other times......

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The discussion actually goes back to The Sister Wives Blog during the time the family was getting the loans. Lots of snooping and sleuthing, most information online pointed to non-conventional financing. SWB allowed much more info to be posted than PTV, so (if I remember correctly) there was a lot of high-level detective work going on! Bottom line is, common sense will tell you that once you run the numbers on all it takes to fund four McMansions and all those people, the Browns do not make enough money from TLC and their various scams. So there HAS to be some fancy financing for the homes plus a pile of credit cards, and it will eventually all come crashing down. It has, at least four other times......

So there's no actual documentation of interest-only loans, and it was conjecture by internet snoops? Kinda like I already said? Obviously the Browns are grifters, but I'm gonna need to see the receipts on this one before I repeat it as fact.

[I have plenty of common sense, BTW! :) ]

• Love 4
1 minute ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

So there's no actual documentation of interest-only loans, and it was conjecture by internet snoops?

Well, like I said, it was all done over at another blog and I'm not going to spend the time going through the thousands of comments on the posts there to dig up what was found. The fact that there was no documentation of conventional loans was just as telling (no information is information too, says this retired cop!) Anyhoo, the interest-only loans WERE one of several options put out there and if I am remembering correctly (it's been 5 years on my bad memory), was the best option due to some other insider info about the builder. Maybe someone who was around in the SWB years can help me out???

I wasn't meaning to imply you had no common sense! Just that the discussion started long before PTV was around and that it was tied up in the fact that these grifters could never qualify for a regular loan in the first place, much less have the resources to pay for four over the last five years. ;)

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:50 PM, ginger90 said:

I have a "thing" about people praying for things, so, this could just be me. I'm posting it any way, lol!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUzQdhgDB97/

Meri didn't specify which Americana print she is chasing, just the size; wondering which print has stolen her heart because it would be SO hard to choose.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=lularoe+americana+carly

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

So there's no actual documentation of interest-only loans, and it was conjecture by internet snoops? Kinda like I already said? Obviously the Browns are grifters, but I'm gonna need to see the receipts on this one before I repeat it as fact.

[I have plenty of common sense, BTW! :) ]

Not directed to @JocelynCavanaugh directly, but just in response to the questions being asked about, I add:

Back when they were looking at the homes, there were discussions about their bankruptcies and how they could qualify for loans with only the TLC show as income, and that not being guaranteed to continue in the future. Someone suggested that the buyer offered them an interest only loan because they were in desperate need to unload the land. That land had been sitting there for quite a while and the property was worth less than it was when the contractor first purchased it. That took off as fact, in part because it made sense, and I think the person who stated it claimed to be a CPA familiar with this type of financing.

However, once everything was closed, the deeds and mortgages were filed, and all of them had mortgages backed by mortgage companies, not the landowner. It seems like all of the mortgage companies were not the best and offered financing to high-risk individuals under terms such as the interest only for five years and then needing to refinance to pay off. No one can say if the Browns have those loans, only that those companies issue them. Both Meri and Robyn have refinanced by now, I think, but it's been awhile since I've looked and I kind of don't care enough to search again. The Deeds of Trust are on file and you can see the lienholder/mortgage company, but not the terms of the loan, if anyone cares to search for it. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Christina said:

It seems like all of the mortgage companies were not the best and offered financing to high-risk individuals under terms such as the interest only for five years and then needing to refinance to pay off. No one can say if the Browns have those loans, only that those companies issue them.

Thanks for helping to clarify everything! I was just not able to remember how the discussion included the contractor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Way back when they were looking at the original site that had two houses and two lots on a cul-de sac they had to scramble to try to get them...the first mortgage offered was called "unconventional" by the mortgage lady and was a super fast deal but with a needed 40% down for each house/lot.  There was no way they could take that deal and so they moved on from it.  Then the other side of the same little gated development with the same builder came up with the other cul-de sac and four lots.  To ensure they got all four of those lots together they had to put down what they called "honest money" basically to hold the lots for 30 days.  At the end of that time they would a.) present the builder with approved mortgage papers or b.) lose the money they gave him.

I remember the honest money talk they had with the kids and Kowboy Kody trying to convince the very cynical older kids that this was real and happening.  They were all like "...yea, yea Dad....right..." and he was quite irritated with them for not doing the usual jump around and scream reaction that he needs so much.

So that was the money they gave the builder and they made a big ta da on camera where each WIFE wrote a check and handed it to Mona the realtor, then the seemingly endless drama of them scrambling to get the approvals from a mortgage company to seal the deal with the builder. Like Christina mentioned above, the mortgage stuff is out there for those who know where to look.  I've read over at the blog and maybe here about people looking it up. 

ETA: not sure why, but it randomly popped into my head that it may have been called "earnest money"...

Edited by Roslyn
another thought...
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

ETA: not sure why, but it randomly popped into my head that it may have been called "earnest money"...

Yes, it's called earnest money. That's the money one puts down when an offer is made.

• Love 2
(edited)

So tribe is a thing now?  Ughh.  I have friends, not a tribe.  I have coworkers, not a tribe.  That's as bad what's my why.  Someone asked me what's my why for coming to work.  I said if you want to know the REASON, my answer was a paycheck.

I really hate social media babble speak.  Can you tell?

Edited by toodles
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

What occurred to me when I read that was maybe it is an attempt to explain away her failures by inferring that she has no tribe of women behind her who have her back.  Like, it's actually an excuse. 

That's all I got.

Yup, trying to lay a guilt trip on the other "wives", could very well be.  I can see that.  The blame game.

Nothing negative that happens is ever Meri's fault or doing.  Oh, but she's not a 'victim.'  Please.

• Love 1
(edited)

I couldn't stop laughing for awhile.

Since LLR is a hot item right now, scammers are coming out. There are some consultants that aren't using LLR systems (Bless or whatever it is called now). Instead, some are using Paypal to take purchases. And that is where Meri's tweet comes in:

Theft, fraud, drama, for the last couple days, but having REAL women behind me through it is what counts. #Winning #YoureNotStoppingMe

She has written on her LLR page:

If you received a fraudulent email from Pay Pal saying it was me, please PM it to me.

and

SCAM ALERT!!!

I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ACCEPT PAY PAL!! If you get a request from me, BE ASSURED it is NOT me and DO NOT PAY IT!!

Some of her buyers replied saying they paid via paypal because they thought they were paying Meri. Turns out they weren't and probably paid a scammer.

So in conclusion, I am 98% sure Meri isn't speaking about her Sister Wives when she is talking about a tribe of other successful women...She is speaking about the "sisterhood/tribe of LLR" which is majority female consultants. 

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 3

Apparently she deleted the tweet. Why she wrote it in the first place is beyond me. REAL business women don't do that!

And while I'm at it, would the e-mail from paypal be fraudulent, or would the account itself be? I don't get the whole paypal thing. So, did someone set up their own account, then some how get e-mail addresses of Meri's customers and request payment? Half cup of coffee in to my day, have patience!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Apparently she deleted the tweet. Why she wrote it in the first place is beyond me. REAL business women don't do that!

And while I'm at it, would the e-mail from paypal be fraudulent, or would the account itself be? I don't get the whole paypal thing. So, did someone set up their own account, then some how get e-mail addresses of Meri's customers and request payment? Half cup of coffee in to my day, have patience!!

The account would be fraudulent, unless it's Meri's account. If it is, then it's been cracked and the invoices would be fraudulent. Since they managed to get her client list (or part of it), then I would say her computer probably is infected and the crackers copied files off her computer and used a keylogger to get her Paypal login (and probably other logins). So, my guess is the Paypal invoices are fraudulent, while the account is genuine. At this point, she should be very frightened for her finances and should be changing her passwords and notifying her bank to be on alert for suspicious activity. Of course, she'd have to change her passwords from a different computer, hopefully one that is known to be clean.

This is what I did to ensure the safety and security of my online banking and bill-paying:

1. Created a virtual machine and installed a Linux distribution on it.
  2. Made a copy of the virtual machine's file and saved it to a read-only directory.
  3. Start the virtual machine and do my online banking or bill-paying.
  4. Turn off the virtual machine.
  5. Copy the read-only back-up over the copy I just used.

Step number five is probably excessive (ok, it is excessive). I'm just anal. This is because since it's only used for those purposes and the sites I'm visiting are known-clean, there's no way for my Linux install to get infected doing those things. I do step number five just in case and because it makes me feel better. If you don't understand any of what's on that list other than copying files and you're interested in adding these precautions, you can take that list to a friend or relative who is knowledgeable (or even a business that services computers, except Best Buy because there are no geeks left on the Squad) and they can help you get it set up. Sometimes, I have to install operating system updates, of course; when that happens, I do the updates and nothing else, then I copy the file with the updated VM into the read-only location (replacing the pre-existing file, of course).

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

MLMs do some crazy sh*t to people's minds. Right now, women are literally reporting their "sisters" who have a Going out of business sale LLR compliance department because sales "cheapens the brand" or some crap explanation like that. One woman received an email from LLR about complying with their rules and the poor woman was never a consultant!

As for the Paypal/email thing, again this all goes back to LLR. According to some of the buyers, when they used LLR system to purchase an item, their emails get flooded with scam/spam mails and they get tons of robocalls, etc.. Some even had fraudulent charges to their credit cards/debit cards/bank accounts.

There is a possibility that LLR system is not secure or someone is selling buyers' information. So far from the various anti-LLR groups I am in (Defective, etc.), there is a possibility of mail fraud and bank fraud.  (if you one of those LLR rats reading this, I am saying POSSIBILITY also I am not afraid of cease and desist orders).

Disclaimer (because LLR rats out there will probably cause trouble if they come across this post) this post may or may not be deleted once LLR rats report it to LLR for whatever reason and LLR decides to send the admins of Previously.tv a cease and desist letter from their attorney. I am in no way trying to cause trouble between the admins of this forum and LLR. Just writing what I have learned from ex-LLR consultants and would completely understand if this post is deleted. 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if the scam isn't something much simpler.  I read that people buy the LLR items in groups by putting the word "buy" on a photograph.  Multiple people can post but only the first post to accept is the actual buyer.  So if you were a.) in a lot of these groups and b.) browsing and not keeping track of what you were putting your "buy" on...you could easily not even know exactly what you were buying.

So...a scammer is in the group (I doubt they have a lot of admins in these groups) and uses another set up look a like account to contact people who put their "buy" on, creates a fake paypal account and since the buyers are hoping/expecting to get a message (not an email but a facebook message) with a link to an invoice.  Voila, they pay the invoice thinking they bought, but in essence it was a shill.  It would be just too easy to scam a good amount of people who are scrambling to get what they want and then close up, delete accounts and disappear.

The way that LLR set up buying these clothes is simply to create a frenzy over trying to find what you think you MUST HAVE NOW and so you aren't really thinking clearly when you "think" you find it.  The whole thing is one big scam, not surprising that little scammers bloom along the way.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, lettsjetts said:

What did the tweet say?  I missed it.

Theft, fraud, drama, for the last couple days, but having REAL women behind me through it is what counts. #Winning #YoureNotStoppingMe

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The account would be fraudulent, unless it's Meri's account. If it is, then it's been cracked and the invoices would be fraudulent. Since they managed to get her client list (or part of it), then I would say her computer probably is infected and the crackers copied files off her computer and used a keylogger to get her Paypal login (and probably other logins).

Nope - it's much easier than that.  Most times you just comment 'sold' plus your email on an item - which is public to everyone in the group.  Someone can pull emails and sold items from a LLR facebook page and send out invoices.  So many ladies have no idea how much stuff they have bought so they will spend and pay an invoice - the invoices don't even really describe what you've claimed (other than the style and sometimes that's wrong).  So trying to figure out what item goes with what invoice is next to impossible if you're buying up a storm.  Once in a rare while the consultant will describe the item within the invoice but very rarely.

• Love 4

Someone can pull emails and sold items from a LLR facebook page and send out invoices. 

So, all of those people still waiting to join her facebook group should be happy!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, gunderda said:

Nope - it's much easier than that.  Most times you just comment 'sold' plus your email on an item - which is public to everyone in the group.  Someone can pull emails and sold items from a LLR facebook page and send out invoices.  So many ladies have no idea how much stuff they have bought so they will spend and pay an invoice - the invoices don't even really describe what you've claimed (other than the style and sometimes that's wrong).  So trying to figure out what item goes with what invoice is next to impossible if you're buying up a storm.  Once in a rare while the consultant will describe the item within the invoice but very rarely.

I absolutely agree with you on this.  There was no hacking involved.  Someone just set up a PP account and sent Friends and Family requests to the buyers in the comments.  I'm surprised this scam doesn't occur more often in LLR.  whoever it was probably sent out their requests before Meri sent the invoices and from the comments several buyers paid PP.  

It's deleted now of course but on Sunday, the day after this all went down, Meri posted a Happy Sunday message with the list of the buyers who hadn't paid yet and said if you lost money as a result of paying the PP link then TS, the money for the sale is still due at 2 PM if you want your clothes.  What a beyotch!

• Love 5