Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

According to the NotBatManYet site (read Jackie Overton delusional site), "Sam" finished the Chicago Marathon the other day.   I did my best Meghan King Edmonds (Real Housewives of Orange County) sleuthing and see that only a Samantha Cooper of MA finished the race.

Could it be that this is a (gasp) lie? 

• Love 6
On 10/9/2016 at 11:51 PM, Love2dance said:

You may be thinking of the Donna Karan Seven Easy Pieces collection popular in the 80s.        http://www.reddresswithpairofshoes.com/blog/more/7-lakih-komada-donna-karan/  

No that isn't it.  It was the same theory but more the $40 range.  It was a store called something like Structures (but not that).  It was all tshirt type material and a shirt could be tied a million ways and that was their schtik.  It all looked good in the store and once out of the store good luck doing those crazy twists etc to make it into a new garment.  We had one in our mall for a short time.  It will come to me eventually.  But its driving me nuts!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

No that isn't it.  It was the same theory but more the $40 range.  It was a store called something like Structures (but not that).  It was all tshirt type material and a shirt could be tied a million ways and that was their schtik.  It all looked good in the store and once out of the store good luck doing those crazy twists etc to make it into a new garment.  We had one in our mall for a short time.  It will come to me eventually.  But its driving me nuts!!!

I think I remember what you're talking about. It's ONE piece of clothing that can be worn all sorts of ways. It can be a skirt, it can be a halter dress, it can be...a bunch of different things. Right? Now I need to google. 

Sort of like this: https://www.inoneclothing.com/how-to-style-the-multiway-dress

Edited by MischaMouse
found something along the same lines
On October 9, 2016 at 7:18 PM, BradandJanet said:

I grew up knowing how to sew, thanks to my mother. I learned early is that patterns, especially stripes, have to match at critical seams. Also, cutting on the true fabric grain is important to keep the garment from shifting around during wearing. Any clothing that doesn't get this right will be in the rag pile soon. 

The Lularoe stuff doesn't seem to meet the basic requirements for clothing that will last more than a couple of washings. The problem is that the wearer won't know until it's too late. I've never seen it in person, but the photos don't look promising. I can't imagine spending $35 for a thin t-shirt that probably was produced for $2.00. It's not even stylish!

Also, would someone tell fashionista Meri that shoes in the same color as the leg coverings will make her legs look longer? Fashion 101. Who would take style advice from a woman who dresses herself to look as dumpy as possible? No matter what they try, the Browns become their own worst enemies.

Have you SEEN their jewelry designs that they stand behind? In the words of Michael Kors, "I question their taste". They should not be in the fashion industry in any way, shape or form. Stick to what you do best Browns, mock tapioca, painting tin cans gray, filing for bankruptcy, scrap booking, etc.

On October 11, 2016 at 2:47 PM, laurakaye said:

And here I honestly thought Lularoe was just made up of crazy-print leggings.  I didn't know lace curtain overcoats were part of the brand.

I'm still not understanding Meri's XXXXL gray t-shirt bunched together on the bottom with a scrunchie.  That's a Lularoe piece?

EDIT: I just glanced at the site's homepage.  That's an awful lot of loud and bold prints mixed and matched at random.  Yikes.  Best of luck, Meri.  Might want to get a full-time job or two on the side just in case you can't pay the electric bill with your Lularoe income.

And the SHOES! My heavens, the SHOES! Why? How? No!

• Love 5

Good grief.

There was a note in our church bulletin this morning that the women's ministries is sponsoring a fundraiser.  A Lularoe party fundraiser!!!  The women's ministries will receive a percentage of all sales.

I hope the women's ministries don't have any expensive plans for the coming year.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, toodles said:

Meri REALLY needs to make friends with someone at the local Macy's makeup counter.  This picture makes her look like the Joker.  Crazy and all.

She looks like she's a 12 year old girl who's been playing w/makeup. A very OLD-looking girl. Has she obsessively plucked away all her eyebrows? She's drawn some new ones on. 

Is she at the wine store? 

Edited by MischaMouse
those eyebrows!
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, toodles said:

Meri REALLY needs to make friends with someone at the local Macy's makeup counter.  This picture makes her look like the Joker.  Crazy and all.

It's the black eyeliner lining the bottom lid...very 7th grade circa 1982

• Love 3

OK.  I take it that Meri is trying to make some money, and she's doing it by selling clothing via home parties by a company with a questionable resume.  Sort of a Tupperware type of thing?

She posted an "orange" picture on instagram. It's her in an orange top for prevent bullying day. Good cause but I did laugh because of the word orange from her.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2016 at 6:26 PM, leighroda said:

When you say structures do you mean the outfit in blue? I thought they were called multiples, but I was too young to really know so I could be wrong. For the record, the brunette in my sister, I'm the blonde... A few years ago ;) https://imgur.com/gallery/BvwU8

Multiples might be it!  THANK YOU ALL!

I am going to a Lularoe party Sunday.  I gotta see this stuff with my own eyeballs.  Thank you crgirl412 for the info re the sizing.  I don't expect to buy anything because it isn't my style but I am going for 'research' and to support a friend.  

• Love 3

She does look happier and seems to have lost weight.  Daughter in law has a Lularoe top.  She said "I wore it yesterday".  And I thought she looked nice.  It was just plain black which is what she wears.  I didn't inspect it for quality.

On 10/18/2016 at 10:39 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wow. Well .... I guess Mariah can't complain about Meri's eyebrows being too skinny anymore, at least.  

It looks like she held a tablespoon to her face and traced around the edge of it with a Sharpie. 

She needs to buy herself some of those super cheap eyebrow stencils.  The super expensive ones from a dept store are not needed.  CVS carries them and they are a couple of bucks.  They are supposed to look like they have sprouted from your face not as though they were drawn on because you were the 1st to pass out at a Frat party.  

On 10/19/2016 at 4:55 AM, ginger90 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/787309855816069120?p=v

She doesn't even have her inventory yet.

but she's posing.

What is with the hand signals?  Does she know how silly she looks? 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am going to a Lularoe party Sunday.  I gotta see this stuff with my own eyeballs.  Thank you crgirl412 for the info re the sizing.  I don't expect to buy anything because it isn't my style but I am going for 'research' and to support a friend.  

I hope you will give us a full report!  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

She needs to buy herself some of those super cheap eyebrow stencils.  The super expensive ones from a dept store are not needed.  CVS carries them and they are a couple of bucks.  They are supposed to look like they have sprouted from your face not as though they were drawn on because you were the 1st to pass out at a Frat party.  

What is with the hand signals?  Does she know how silly she looks? 

She's wearing an "ethnic" print, silly. 

• Love 11

I wonder if Janelle and Christine were rolling their eyes at Meri taking a stand against bullying. Meri bullied those two women when she was Queen Bee of Kody's harem. Of course Janelle and Christine got the last laugh when Robyn showed up and replaced the "irreplaceable" Meri.

• Love 10

One of my co-workers is a Lularoe pusher.  Her wardrobe mostly consists of rather boldly-printed dresses (short sleeve and below the knee) and long tunic-like lace vests, which may or may not match/complement the color/print of the dress.  She's about ready to bail on selling, because Lularoe does nothing about making a catalog or otherwise advertising the clothing, so she has to do all that once she has received a sample of the clothes and it takes forever to arrange and take pictures etc.

I have no idea of the quality of the clothing, because I haven't yet tried any on, but it's not really my style.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Fosca said:

One of my co-workers is a Lularoe pusher.  Her wardrobe mostly consists of rather boldly-printed dresses (short sleeve and below the knee) and long tunic-like lace vests, which may or may not match/complement the color/print of the dress.  She's about ready to bail on selling, because Lularoe does nothing about making a catalog or otherwise advertising the clothing, so she has to do all that once she has received a sample of the clothes and it takes forever to arrange and take pictures etc.

I have no idea of the quality of the clothing, because I haven't yet tried any on, but it's not really my style.

So that I was prepared for my in depth super secret sleuth reporting I took a gander at the website.  Oh man!  These clothes will not be a good look on me.  I didn't find ANYTHING I liked.  There was a skirt that the style was cute (straight pencil skirt) but come on, do they NOT have any solid colored clothes?  I just can't with these bold prints.  My friend who is selling it is a Grateful Dead hippy type so it may be perfect for her and they SOUND comfy but the world just does not need a multi print Natalie wandering around looking and feeling a fool.  That said I will be there with bells on.  

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

... I will be there with bells on.  

Taking one for the team, eh?  Good luck.  Maybe you'll get some pastries off the vaunted wet bar.  Maybe you'll be lucky and you'll find something you actually like.

Frankly, I'm surprised Meri's willing to host strangers in her home any more.  It didn't work out well this one time...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Taking one for the team, eh?  Good luck.  Maybe you'll get some pastries off the vaunted wet bar.  Maybe you'll be lucky and you'll find something you actually like.

Frankly, I'm surprised Meri's willing to host strangers in her home any more.  It didn't work out well this one time...

My friend BETTER have pastries!  I am hoping I find SOMETHING I like.  I would enjoy being able to support her in her endeavor.  Fingers crossed that I can find something that doesn't make me look like a circus elephant.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Fosca said:

What a pain in the ass that all sounds like. I sold a bunch of clothes on Poshmark and although the buyer pays shipping and the payment process is seamless, still just having to get accurate, attractive photos of the clothes, upload to the listing and enter the info was time consuming. 

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meri's response makes me think she's in la la land. Think Meri!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/790279084546797568?p=v

Yeah, in less than 20 minutes Meri is making plans to go to Disneyland.

Michelle P:  Honestly considering going to SD for a chargers game for my bday. Or Disneyland. By myself.
12:46 PM - 23 Oct 2016

Meri Brown:  @_michellecp  You know, you don't have to go to disneyland alone.... Unless you really want to.... (smiley face winking)
12:49 PM - 23 Oct 2016

Michelle P:  @MeriBrown1  I would LOVE company! Everyone's just super busy that month ):
12:59 PM - 23 Oct 2016

Meri Brown:  @_michellecp I think we should do it!
1:03 PM - 23 Oct 2016

Amy:  @MeriBrown1 @_michellecp Now...if only you had a friend that lived between SD & Disney who you could stay with for free. (smiley face)
6:44 PM - 23 Oct 2016

At least this time Meri seems to know she's going to meet another woman, and for all I know she's known this woman for awhile.

• Love 1
On 10/26/2016 at 6:50 AM, ginger90 said:

It was funny to me because it's Disney Land. Did it cross Meri's mind as she typed it??

Are you referring to the fact that she wrote it as one word?  If so, she is correct, Disneyland is one word. 

2 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Are you referring to the fact that she wrote it as one word?  If so, she is correct, Disneyland is one word. 

No, I am referring to the fact she planned to meet "Sam" at Disneyland. (My error typing it as seperate words)

Edited by ginger90