Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Haunted

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

So any differences between the rough cut and this one? I was only half-watching, and didn't notice anything.

No, there wasn't anything obvious - seemed the same to me. 

Although I missed that Laurel was standing RIGHT NEXT TO THEA'S DOOR on the leaked version. I also missed Lance having garage access, good lord. 

• Love 1

That looked exactly like the leaked version. It might've been louder, other than that it was the same.

Constantine's remark about Damien Darhk being worse than they faced in the other realm. So he's going to be worse than fighting a hot tub? That doesn't make him sound scary at all. 

• Love 18

"You're not team leader any more." Teamwork's all well and good and all, but yeah, Thea, Oliver is allowed to have input on plans. Especially when that plan involves Diggle, with a possible concussion, Laurel, who Sara had overpowered earlier in the episode, and Thea with no weapons as the bait. If Oliver has to do most of the work, of course he should get a say.

I don't necessarily mind Oliver not being the "leader" anymore, but I thought the whole point of that was that it would be leadership by committee. So far anytime someone utters those words, they look to Diggle to back them up, which makes it seem like he's the leader? IDK what they're doing with that. 

Also, was it just me or were the sound effects during Sara and Thea's fight in the apartment incredibly bad?

• Love 1

This episode had everything: John Constantine, finally finding out Ray is alive so he can shuffle off to LoT, and multiple people telling Laurel that she sucks.

I'll add my voice to the chorus. Laurel sucks.

Did they use bits of the Constantine theme while he was magicking?

• Love 11

Well I was wrong, I figured the guy that Andy was protecting was working with HIVE and had him killed.  I didn't think Andy was smuggling drugs.

They also got me with the first girl that Sara was after.  I actually thought it was Thea, and was wondering why Thea didn't fight back against the 2 rapists.

Not a bad episode, Arrow's brought back 1 character for Legends of Tomorrow, next week it's Ray.

• Love 2

I loved it and yes Thea, he is a specific kind of yummy.  Oh if I can't have Roy back, can I please have a Constantine and Speedy ship??!!?!?  Pretty please.  I won't bitch about Laurel.  Please????

Ok - to me - Laurel came off really badly when she did the whole "did you ever consider what I'm going through" thing - but other than THAT - I think it was her best episode of the season.

• Love 2

Constantine's remark about Damien Darhk being worse than they faced in the other realm. So he's going to be worse than fighting a hot tub? That doesn't make him sound scary at all. 

If hot tubs aren't properly chlorinated you can get a REALLY BAD RASH.

(Hot tubs are gross human soup.)

• Love 7

I didn't watch tonight's version, but it sounds like it was the exact same as the leaked, which I ended up watching.

I like the Tommy/Moira/Robert shoutouts. Oliver's grown a lot from the last few seasons. Laurel sucks so much. Constantine is awesome. Olicity is awesome. And the fight scenes were ok.

I think the biggest thing that bugged me is that Laurel didn't admit that she could have made a mistake, or anything about thinking things through. She kind of just shrugged off everything Oliver told her, continued to tell him that he's too judgemental and then he changed his mind by the end, while Laurel got no consequences whatsoever. I just wanted some kind of consequence to happen to her.

• Love 20

Haven't you seen that episode of American Dad, hot tubs can be dangerous.

I'll probably run both versions simultaneously just for kicks sometime tomorrow.

The Nanda Parbat vision quest is still super rushed, like, seriously. Way to undermine the climax, show. *insert premature ejaculation joke here*

And it's still a shame that Sara's not a main character in her own resurrection/restitution of soul plot. She's just a gimmick to give Laurel something to do, and to talk about with other characters. Hopefully LOT will do right by her once she can have her own narrative voice outside of making Laurel happen.

• Love 12

Also, was it just me or were the sound effects during Sara and Thea's fight in the apartment incredibly bad?

It was really loud.

Watching Laurel's "what about meeee!" again didn't make it any better. "Your sister is in the hospital from nearly being killed my soulless sister that I raised from the dead, but you should be thinking about me and what I'm going through" No one should be thinking of you right now, you just endangered an entire city and a supposed friend that you claim to care about. Right now it's them that Oliver should be thinking about.

I did like that Constantine respected Sara's skills enough to say if we fail she'll kill us all. I guess they told them that Dumbass Canary raised a trained assassin.

• Love 19

It was really loud.

Watching Laurel's "what about meeee!" again didn't make it any better. "Your sister is in the hospital from nearly being killed my soulless sister that I raised from the dead, but you should be thinking about me and what I'm going through" No one should be thinking of you right now, you just endangered an entire city and a supposed friend that you claim to care about. Right now it's them that Oliver should be thinking about.

I did like that Constantine respected Sara's skills enough to say if we fail she'll kill us all. I guess they told them that Dumbass Canary raised a trained assassin.

Well, at least this is yet more proof that the writers really, really hate Laurel. In my opinion, if they liked her, they would allow her to own up to her mistakes and not make it all about her. Plus, someone other than Oliver (and her dad) would yell at her, just like everyone yells at Oliver whether he deserves it or not. Usually, he does, and I can admit that. 

• Love 4

That looked exactly like the leaked version. It might've been louder, other than that it was the same.

I assumed it might be the other realm they fought at a later date (fingers crossed).

Because you're right the hot tub rescue was less than impressive. Literally they had to take a break and watch Constantine kick ass, because all they had to do was offer their hands and pull SL out. It was kinda silly! Last January during a hot tub party, I lent my hand to help my friend out of the hot tub so she wouldn't slip on the edge. Who knew I had become a superhero? Here I thought I was just keeping a friend from slipping. Not sure they were going for comedic, but they nailed it with that hot tub rescue scene!

• Love 10

Okay, whatever was holding Sara's soul clearly didn't want to fight for it as much as Constantine thought. How are hallucinations/demons/whatever stopped by arrows.

I didn't mind Laurel, except for the secret keeping, which I'm glad she was called out on, plus I love Oliver, but yeah, he used to be kinda hypocritical but I also loved when he told her that obviously he would have helped look for CraySara.

Felicity didn't have much to do, but she rocked duh.

I'm not sure if I believe Darhk about Andy, because I'm pretty sure Andy is alive.

Also, "like that game in Harry Potter? " you win tonight Thea.

Eta:Laurel is clearly made of Colton because girl doesn't bleed anymore. At all.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1

Constantine is back on my TV! I missed you so much! Just let the poor man have a bloody cigarette already. *sigh* I miss that show so much. Can we get him his show back, please? Pretty please? I wont make fun of Laurel for two whole episodes, I promise! 

Judgmental Oliver cracked me up. He was just so increasing over Laurels shit this episode, it was wonderful. Then of course we went back to "Laurel and Ollie are BFF" so whatever. At least Katie was pretty decent.  

We don't get to see Sara when she finally gets her soul? 

Olicity continue to be adorable and prefect. I really just lobe how they are writing them this year. No more high drama, no more love triangles, no more crying. Its just two people who clearly love and support each other. 

Thea was great, as always. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10

I don't know. After reading all the spoilers/discussion of the leaked episode, I feel really underwhelmed? Maybe it will be better on rewatch tomorrow.

Constantine was great. Lots of fun, different energy for one episode. It's not something I'd want to watch all the time but I'd be cool seeing him pop up once in a while.

But I thought this was supposed to be a big turnaround for Laurel…? I still can't view her as anything but selfish. Her actions resulted in Sara hurting/killing people which I assume we're just supposed to forget about and still she suffers no consequences. Um. Okay.

I did get a kick out of Sara hitting her though so win? Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

Nice to see you again, John Constantine. I missed your scruffy, smirking face. Please feel free to come back any time. Along those same lines, how amazing was it that Blake Neely used Bear McCreary's "Constantine" theme in his scenes? It made me so, so happy because not only is it a great theme song, but I absolutely adore BM's work.

So this was supposed to be the episode to redeem Laurel for all of the stupid shit she has done all season? If that's the case, color me unimpressed. Oliver was 100% right to be Mr. Judgmental with her because she 100% deserved it. I guess I don't see how any of this convincingly mends their relationship because as per usual, the show chose to gloss over everything...just because. That doesn't mean that the audience has to forget and I certainly don't.

Caity Lotz sure has done a great job bringing the cray so kudos to her and Neal McDonough continues to impress as DD--such a vast improvement over last season.

• Love 19

I love how much time Sara's family wanted to spend with her after mourning for a year. Oh wait, they went and did other things and were like we'll have time later. It's not like she died again. I guess CL had to go film LoT and wasn't available. But that really made no sense. It makes me understand Sara ditching her family to travel through time with a bunch of strangers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

Well that was stupid. 

Why did Sara have on eye-shadow on her eyelids? LOL

So Oliver is really not in charge?

Fuck Laurel. I have never hated a character this much in my life. Her apologies are meaningless. She was told repeatedly to not do it and then seems totally shocked when it went to shit. 

Oliver not being even a little bit angry??? REALLY? 

Constantine was fun. But that's about it.

• Love 15

I love how much time Sara's family wanted to spend with her after mourning for a year. Oh wait, they went and did other things and were like we'll have time later. It's not like she died again. I guess CL had to go film LoT and wasn't available. But that really made no sense. It makes me understand Sara ditching her family to travel through time with a bunch of strangers. 

Her family sucks.  This is not new information.  When she returned the first time her mother didn't want to hang out with her and her sister threw a glass at her.  I'm pretty sure she's adopted.

• Love 14

Her family sucks.  This is not new information.  When she returned the first time her mother didn't want to hang out with her and her sister threw a glass at her.  I'm pretty sure she's adopted.

I would love that. She deserves better than them.

She just came back from the dead and being crazy. You don't think she'd have some questions? Or want to find out what she missed. I guess her family had better things to do then help her readjust to living again. I love how no one mentioned Dinah. She probably doesn't care but you'd think she'd get a mention. 

• Love 9

Well, at least this is yet more proof that the writers really, really hate Laurel. In my opinion, if they liked her, they would allow her to own up to her mistakes and not make it all about her. Plus, someone other than Oliver (and her dad) would yell at her, just like everyone yells at Oliver whether he deserves it or not. Usually, he does, and I can admit that. 

I'm not sure they hate her. But I think its a very plausible theory. They certain;y don't care or prioritize her character besides to get some plot exposition and a few quippy lines.

Not sure if its because I was already spoiled by the leak that she would face no consequences, but I was very chill with LL this episode. Everyone was talking bad  about her either directly or indirectly and it sorta worked. Basically nobody said what she did was right. Nobody supported her. Everyone seemed to focus on what was more important. Find & save SL. The only one really focused on LL, was LL (big shocker!). Her what about me in the hospital was hysterical. I sincerely believe OQ is keeping her closer because that girl needs to be managed & closely monitored.

If they are never going to make her face consequences or grow as a character, I do really appreciate that in-script she gets as little support as possible. She is a self-absorbed, crazy reckless person. A tiger cannot change its stripes at least the show seems to be acknowledging it. The only person that seemed to think what she did was right was LL. Everybody else basically stood there shaking their heads and saying "That's so Laurel"

• Love 9

Hang on, if Damian was having Laurel followed and photographed everywhere then how does he not already know she's the Black Canary?

SHH that's a secret identity!!! :) I did wonder that. If so clearly, he is not scared by the leather & lace canary cry.

I also wondered why QL thought it was a good idea to bug the criminal mastermind for top secret information on Andy Diggle. I mean I loved the gesture. But QL, we do not freely give DD more personal information, so he can blackmail additional members of TA. DD is not dumb. I think he can basically link Andy Diggle to John Diggle. Accidentally, I think QL might have highlighted Diggle's involvement and put Diggle's family further into the cross-hairs. One does not name drop with criminal masterminds.

• Love 7

I wonder if anyone's going to bother telling her shitty mother that she's alive again.

• Love 7

I think with the exception of Laurel's "what about me" moment in the hospital - she had some very nice moments - particularly with Thea and thanking Oliver for saving Sara.

I also assumed some significant time passed between the soul restoration and the final scenes but I would have liked to see them taking turns by her bedside.  I'm just going to assume she needs a whole LOT of sleep for now.

Yeah, I was surprised at how....tame Oliver's reaction was toward Sara being alive. I guess, after three times of her dying, he's gotten used to her resurrections. But still, I would have expected more shock; he seemed more resigned and slightly annoyed. It was an interesting reaction, that's for sure.

• Love 2