Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Old Habits Die Hard

Christian struggles with Maria's newfound independence and Peter breaks tradition by flirting with non-gypsy girls. Also: Meghan has trouble finding a job and her retail therapy causes problems with Josh while Ragini and Veeral struggle to find a home within budget.

I agreed with Meghan that Josh should've let her know if he wasn't coming straight home (if that was his normal routine), and it sure seems alright if he wants to spend money going out to eat, yet because she doesn't work, she can't buy anything. He is so forced and unnatural acting, I hope he's a better doctor.

Only thing to add, and it goes for all couples, but especially these: a little communication goes a long way in preventing misunderstandings. But these are reality show dimwits so I guess it doesn't apply.

• Love 2

I nearly fainted when Meghan spent $700 on 3 items.  Honey, I get wanting to eat at your table, really I do.  But blowing that amount of money when you are on a strict budget is a yooge no-no.   Residency is only for 1 year?  Does she think that Josh is going to move back home? She could have had that job at his hospital! clearly she needs something to occupy her time while Josh works.

Christian is going to hold his feelings in until he explodes. And the explosion will be fabulous.   So while awaiting the explosion, Maria is going to cause trouble for Peter.  He probably won't marry for at least another year! Let him talk to another girl. He knows he has to marry. They are going to make this such a big deal when he doesn't even have a prospective bride yet. 

• Love 3

So Josh tells Megan to take back the $400 bar stools but she can keep the $300 dog rug. yeah, that makes sense. She really needs to find a job.

Ragini is sure making every excuse in the book not to get pregnant.

Why would the Millers want to marry Peter off when they are still supporting Christian and Maria? That basement is going to get very crowded. I hope Peter sticks to his guns and refuses to get married, he's only 17 !

• Love 2

I got Meghan wanting to be honest with the woman at the hospital but damn.. She probably would have gotten the job had she not immediately said she was only going to be living in Indy for a year. And who knows? They might decide they were going to stay. She should have let it ride a bit before letting that slip. And, $700 for two barstools and a rug? Come on, Meghan. Target is your friend. Hell, even Amazon or Ikea. 

Oh, CA real estate.. I would love to even entertain the idea of living in a million dollar home. Or, excuse me, $999,900 or whatever the price was. Ragini is just stalling, using any excuse she can to put off pregnancy. I'm pretty sure if it were medically possible Veeral would be carrying his own baby. I also got annoyed at Veera's sister basically telling Ragini she needs to just get over everything and get pregnant. Very rude....she needs to have a seat. I would resent the hell out of his family for constantly bringing up the baby thing. We get it. They all want Ragini to have a kid...but do they have to bring it up every single time they see her? Talk about pressure..

Maria needs to leave Peter alone and butt out...let him flirt, it's harmless. I also laughed at Christian thinking Maria looked the same after the salon...most guys probably would agree (I did too, actually...even though I know she did at least get a haircut; but that's not super different) but the whole "happy wife, happy life" saying rings true. And maybe it will help him to stop being such a control freak. If going to the salon helps Maria feel better (the same way spending $300 on ties and pocket squares does for him) and they can afford it then let it go. She's the one making the money, after all. Although I do feel like they should be saving money to move out of Michael and Nina's, because if they're still there when Peter gets hitched that's gonna be one hell of a crowded basement. I still want to know what Michael does for a living to afford such a big place in Queens. It's not as pricey as a place in Manhattan, but I doubt it's cheap. Plus the nice cars, insurance, cell phones.. I'm betting Michael and Nina are still paying for Christian's bills even though (technically) he is a married man now.

I miss going to Seaside Heights. My family used to have a place in Tom's River. Ahh, memories.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 3

So Josh tells Megan to take back the $400 bar stools but she can keep the $300 dog rug. yeah, that makes sense. She really needs to find a job.

I think there was a mirror in the mix somewhere, too.  When she walked up to the cashier, she mentioned 2 barstools and a mirror.  Not that she didn't overpay for the whole shebangie, anyway (Including delivery!  Which is apparently super-fast in Indianapolis, since it seems that stuff was back at the apartment the same day!).

I also cringed when Meghan told the interview lady that she was only going to be there for a year.  Rookie mistake.  I did the same thing when I was looking for a job the year I took off between undergrad and grad school, and wound up working a temp job in a bank (not that there's anything wrong with that--in fact, I loved that job--but it didn't give me relevant lab experience that would have been helpful in my field).  Derp.

• Love 5

Is this show scripted?

I am starting to believe that it is.  Since Megan is only going to be in Indy for a year, why doesn't she just sign up with a temp agency?   Peter was the only one who seemed to actually liked and cared for Maria, so why is she repaying him by snooping on him and threatening to tell the family his secret?  Ragini was raised in the Indian culture, so why now all of a sudden is she shock and surprise to learn what is expected of her?!  I think I am done. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 1

Is this show scripted?

I think it definitely is and most times the acting isn't very good. The only scene that felt genuine to me last night was when Megan was crying about not being able to find a job. She blew though by admitting to not staying in Indiana for long term.

It all seems very much like acting. It doesn't feel sincere at all. I don't even buy that Meghan and Josh were even truly arranged. And Ragini is a horrible actress as is her husband.

Oh, that's because they weren't!  They were *introduced* (by their mothers, IIRC), as were Ragini and Veeral (by a matchmaking service), but both couples dated for quite some time before they were married, and could have walked away at any time.  Their parents might have been upset and disappointed (especially R&V's parents, because those two are considered "old" to be unmarried in their culture), but it wouldn't have been the catastrophe it would have been had Christian or Maria refused to go through with the wedding.  They are the only couple on this show that were "arranged" in the traditional sense of having no say in the deal.

• Love 1

What kind of a doctor is Josh going to be? The only way they would be there for a year is if he is in a specialty like Opthamology and gas to do a transition year in general medicine first. And how and when were they all robbed??

I had wondered what was going to be the next big crisis after Maria came home and sure enough, and completely set up in advance, Peter is flirting with a non-Gypsy girl AND Maria knows about it....I can see all the ramifications...AND the tough spot this puts Maria in....if she squeals, Peter (and perhaps by extension Christian) gets royally pissed, and if she doesn't, once it all comes out - as it MOST certainly will since we are dealing with 'reality' TV after all, Maria gets blamed for NOT saying anything!! Poor girl just can't win...If she was playing the game, she would approach Christian - as (I presume) a proper Gypsy wife WOULD do in such circumstances - and tell him all she has heard and suspects and leave it to him to decide/settle/rat on things involving his younger brother...Seems to me it could be a no-win situation for Maria, OR a win-win....depending on how Michael and Nina react to the whole mess - but as I have actually developed a bit of a soft spot for Michael and Nina, I kinda hope they appreciate Maria's predicament and cut her a bit of slack...

Southern Belles.....totally predictable....totally BORING.....maybe Gandalf can save this storyline with the introduction of a dwarf or hobbit or two.....or twenty....and maybe a fire-breathing dragon....

...OH  - silly me...the dragon is already here and her name is Lisa....

Ragini....GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!!!!! 

Veeral...ACCEPT THE FACT THAT WOMEN ARE ACTUALLY THINKING, FEELING, HUMANS WHO ARE - BELIEVE IT OR NOT - ENTITLED TO THE SAME RESPECT AS ANYONE ELSE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AS A HUMAN BEING...other than that, I KNOW this is far too scripted and poorly acted to be in any way, shape, or form to be mistaken for reality, but, PUHLEEZE, try to at least PANDER JUST A LITTLE BIT to the fantasy!!!! Veeral's smirking over his (puke) male superiority in putting Ragini in her place is the most hateful part of this series.

I once had a wonderful neighbor from India who told me about the tradition between sisters and brothers, as he showed me the bracelet (sorry, I've forgotten the correct term) his sister sent him from India, and I loved every word....If not for the fact that I have always (well, for, the last 30+ years at least) referred to him as 'the one who got away through my own stupidity', I would have seen this scene as another example of misogyny....Lalit gave me a much better understanding of Indian family interactions....I will be forever grateful for that....but it does make the antics of these two all the more upsetting...

• Love 2

I have to DVR this so I can skip through Veeral and Ragini. They bore me to death. I just don't care. 

Josh and Megan, bless their hearts. He seems like a big man-child playing dress up with his little white coat and dirty backpack OVER that little white coat. Megan cracked me up when she was pissed over not getting new stools or whatever. I understand that she wants to sit at the counter and eat like civilized Southern Belles, but they are BROKE. Broke Broke Broke. Josh was kinda nice in shutting her down, but oooooh she was pissed. 

I violently dislike Christian. Between his facial expressions and pouty lips --- I'd probably wind up on Snapped if someone married me off to him. As much as his face is weird --- Maria's is too. I don't know why she was smiling/laughing when she slapped him --- no, wait, yes I do. I would have smiled and laughed, too. But it's like a lot of the time her expression doesn't match her words. I don't think I'm making sense. Her face seems to be at odds with her sentiment. Does that explain it? Oy vey. 

Does Christian even work outside the home or does he rely on Maria's rose-hocking business for money?

You honestly took the words right out of my mouth! As I was watching Christian saying over and over again when Maria returned home " I missed you Maria. I honestly missed you ", with that stupid, constipated expression, I wanted to reach through my TV screen and smack him. I cannot stand that Child-Man. I told my hubby, "Mark my words, I would snap if I were his wife ". I'm all for being immature, they are both kids and still have ALOT to learn in life. I have a 17 year old son and there is NO WAY he is ready for the responsibility of marriage. But at least he is a great kid. Christian is just a douchebag. His parents should have waited a few years before arranging him because he's clearly not ready to be a husband and responsible human being. I don't believe that he has changed at all. He dodged a bullet with the Gypsy Elders and lucked out when Maria returned. So he's playing nice right now. But his true colors will come out again and the Christian we all love to dislike will reappear.

Regarding Josh and Megan, I really want to know what medical residency lasts only one year? And why is Megan acting like a spoiled brat about "being ignored in Indianapolis". Sweetie, welcome to the world of a being a doctor's wife. I lived through 5 years of my husband's Anethesiology residency with 2 little kids, in a cramped condo and in a strange state to boot. I could go days without seeing him because he was so busy and literally lived in the hospital. However, I never complained because I knew what I signed up for when we married in college. Megan needs to stop trying to live like some Southern Belle and start being realistic. Otherwise, she's going to turn into one bitter Debbie Downer.

• Love 1

I think it was hilarious how Christian didn't even make a move to hug Maria when she first walked in. She was just kind of standing at the door waiting for him to do something. Their hug had the passion of brother and sister love written all over it. Hawt!!!

OMG, Veeral and fucking Ragini. He is fucking petulant and she knows exactly what she married into. I cannot stand either of them. I don't understand why his parents didn't just get a ride from India and Ragini could've kept playing big businesswoman.

Every time I hear the southern girl's mother-in-law talking I feel like I've fallen into some really bad Gone with the Wind dinner theater. These two have a tension bubbling under the surface that's really uncomfortable to watch. It just seems like he's going to blow up at any second. At least with Christian, you know that he is an infant that doesn't know how to use his words, but Josh is supposed to be a doctor. He should be better at expressing himself. It was shitty for him not to contact her before going home. She really needs to figure out the wonders of of Target and Walmart.

• Love 4

When Ragini came home from visiting her parents and Veeral still acted like a petulant, sulky child, she should have turned right around and walked out again. Really? He's still pouting? They're both awful.

Oh Meghan. Yes, Target. Except the whole scene in the "cute little shop" was totally staged and scripted. "OK, Meghan, honey, we found you a nice store, what we need you to do is go in, get excited about their cute merchandise, and lay down several hundred dollars on useless shit. Not to worry, we'll get it to your apartment before Josh gets home". Her mother told her to go out and buy something for the apartment? WTF? Don't they have wedding gifts? what could they possibly need? That was absolutely terrible advice, Meghan's mother! And really, its a "Southern tradition" that people eat at a table? This girl needs to get out more. "In the south, we enjoy using silverware to eat our food" "here in the south, we traditionally eat popcorn at the movies".

Maria is  like a hostage, thinking she can curry favor with her captors by snitching on her fellow captives. Stockholm Syndrome.

• Love 5

Another week of Arranged and the scripted shenanigans continue.

Am I the only one who thinks Payel's husband Vivek is a closeted gay man? 

Heh.  I think Payel is way too invested in her brother and his life.  Veeral's parents would done better getting a woman from India to be his wife. Maybe he didn't want to marry a stranger, which defeats the whole purpose of being arranged.

Does Payel have kids? Somehow I don't think so....so why is everyone so concerned with Veeral and Ragini having a baby?

Payel has a son and a daughter. The dinner thrown in her son's honor after winning some kind of race (it wasn't specified any further) was the incident that started this recent friction between Rags and her hubby.

Payel has a son and a daughter. The dinner thrown in her son's honor after winning some kind of race (it wasn't specified any further) was the incident that started this recent friction between Rags and her hubby.

Oh ok. I'm rewatching and I did see Payel's kids, in the background. I just never heard them mentioned because of the constant pressure everyone is putting on Ragini to have kids. I don't blame her for feeling so frustrated because she's hearing "you NEED to have a baby!!!" from every angle. I think all she really needs to hear is that it is ok to not be sure what she wants and to take some time. Instead, he and his entire family (and hers, and her friends..) dogpile on her about it.

• Love 2

Are we to believe that Megan is dropping off hardcopy resumes at corporations?

I was surprised at first by the price of the barstools, then remembered Megan saying that she wanted a new handbag every few months.  I think she's going to turn out to be a lot like Lisa.

I can't stand Christian's attitude toward Maria, but he was forced into a marriage with her.  Just like we see with Peter, Christian is still young and wants to have his fun.  He's acting out on his dislike for the situation.  Maria doesn't deserve it, but I think that's what we're seeing. 

It's interesting that the prohibition against romance with non-gypsy girls doesn't seem to hold any sway with the cousins in Seaside Heights.  (First Jersey Shore and now Arranged - that poor water tower.)

• Love 1

Christian, Maria, and the rest of the family - where did that accent come from? And Veeral needs to be the one to stay home with the baby if/when they have one, and let Ragini go back to kicking ass and earning the big bucks at her job, she is more than a brood mare.

I have watched this episode a couple of times.  The weird expressions on Christian's face as he hands first the $20, then the $95 to Maria are well...weird.  He clearly still wants to hang on to every last dime for his own use.  I don't think Nina's "tip" of how to handle Christian is going to work...maybe she actually had more useful suggestions for Maria off camera. It seems as though if Maria were a little more manipulative, she could coach Christian into discovering Peter's flirtation himself.  But clearly the producers are setting up an explosion in which Maria is going to be blamed somehow for what Peter is doing.  At the golf course, Christian seems to be standing within earshot of Peter and Maria as she harrasses Peter about texting.  Maybe he really is hard of hearing, as Maria suggested in an earlier episode when he could not hear Siri giving driving directions, but this scene screams "script!" to me.  

Are we to believe that Megan is dropping off hardcopy resumes at corporations?

I was surprised at first by the price of the barstools, then remembered Megan saying that she wanted a new handbag every few months.  I think she's going to turn out to be a lot like Lisa.

I can't stand Christian's attitude toward Maria, but he was forced into a marriage with her.  Just like we see with Peter, Christian is still young and wants to have his fun.  He's acting out on his dislike for the situation.  Maria doesn't deserve it, but I think that's what we're seeing. 

It's interesting that the prohibition against romance with non-gypsy girls doesn't seem to hold any sway with the cousins in Seaside Heights.  (First Jersey Shore and now Arranged - that poor water tower.)

Oh, such a good point about the hard copy resumes!   And, a camera crew accompanies Meghan on a job interview? She may have had to be honest about length of stay in Indy when she warned the interviewer about the crew.  Maybe the whole interview was a set-up.  Likely, I think.

Also...Josh asked Meghan to come and get him at the bar.  He is too drunk to walk home? I thought their car had been left in South Carolina?  So, if she has a car, why does the stuff need to be delivered?  There may well have been a delivery charge, too, on top of everything else.  And if she has a car, why couldn't she try shopping at Target? 

When I was a young wife, my husband pulled the going-out-to-drink-after-work-without-calling thing with me too often for me not to feel sympathy for Meghan, with her carefully prepared dinner awaiting the no-show hubby.  When my husband failed to call, there were no cell phones, which makes Josh's rudeness even worse.  And consider how Josh demeaned Meghan to his new colleagues by suggesting she was spending the day watching Harry Potter.  I don't like him.  Marrying Meghan was his choice.  Christian was truly "arranged," so if he does not like his bride, the situation is not his fault.  (And vice versa.  She does not  like him, either.)

This script, if there is one, must be that both husband and wife do something bad and something good.  Maria slaps Christian, Christian buys things for himself but refuses Maria money; Ragini skips the family party, Veeral arranges for his parents to show up at the open house.  Meghan buys expensive and unnecessary items, Josh goes out drinking and stands Meghan up.

I think it was hilarious how Christian didn't even make a move to hug Maria when she first walked in. She was just kind of standing at the door waiting for him to do something. Their hug had the passion of brother and sister love written all over it. Hawt!!!

OMG, Veeral and fucking Ragini. He is fucking petulant and she knows exactly what she married into. I cannot stand either of them. I don't understand why his parents didn't just get a ride from India and Ragini could've kept playing big businesswoman.

Every time I hear the southern girl's mother-in-law talking I feel like I've fallen into some really bad Gone with the Wind dinner theater. These two have a tension bubbling under the surface that's really uncomfortable to watch. It just seems like he's going to blow up at any second. At least with Christian, you know that he is an infant that doesn't know how to use his words, but Josh is supposed to be a doctor. He should be better at expressing himself. It was shitty for him not to contact her before going home. She really needs to figure out the wonders of of Target and Walmart.

Not sure if Christian is just awkward at showing affection. He IS 17, after all. Some guys, yes, are more mature but the situations are not just makeout sessions. They are within a relationship that usually comes with sex and responsibility, niether of which he is ready for as would any 17 year old be. I just don't think he is there yet and may be scarred for life from this situation, bless his heart. And I am tired of adults yelling at young people for not doing the right thing when they, the parents, have not made any efforts to teach it. 

• Love 1

I've gone back and forth on the showing affection thing between Christian and Maria....I recall the outtakes episode where after the wedding Maria could be heard refusing to kiss Christian because she thought (correctly) that they were still being filmed...I have never seen Michael and Nina touch each other, although their words and actions have given me the impression of a loving couple who are well and truly in sync with each other...I recall the episode where all the couples meet and there are explanations given that Gypsies do not do PDA in public at all...that's fine with me....But it also seems to me that the new crop of episodes where Christian and Maria attempt some hugs and hand holding must be production driven, no matter how 'off'/uncomfortable it is for them....I would much rather see Christian and Maria stick to their cultural values and not engage in on-camera PDA rather than do it so awkwardly...I think they would be able to conduct themselves in a much more natural manner if they did not have outside pressures brought upon them.  If the idea behind including the Romani culture in the series was to show how a truly arranged couple copes, it would have been MUCH better to not interfere with their cultural norms....get a clue, production folks - let these people be themselves without the constant "in Gypsy culture' reminders....we/the audience get it...we already know we are dealing with a different slice of life...I, for one, would like to see that depicted as truthfully as possible....

If toddler Veeral has only the one sister, then she must be the one who 'hosted' the evening where all the couples got together...NOW I understand why she was so happy every time she got to stick it to Ragini...with what I have seen thus far this 'season', the whole family has closed ranks around Ragini/AKA the broodmare, which I find deplorable.  I wonder if part of the sister's animosity toward Ragini could have any basis in the children of a son being more valuable/favored to parents than the children of a daughter....NOT intended as a slam or a snark, but as seeking information about the cultural traditions that seem to be hitting Ragini like a brick wall - although for an otherwise intelligent woman, the fact of her being so ignorant of traditional customs/mindset is kind of unbelievable...such things do happen...I had an aunt who, at EVERY family gathering, made a BIG point of stating that ALL of the firstborns of her children were boys - and this began immediately after my sister had the audacity to have a girl first. I find it amusing that recently, at least one other penis loving culture seems to have discovered they gotta have girls to make their world continue.

Meghan AKA the spoiled Princess Bride needs to get a grip....I have no problem with either party meeting up with the peers for a little after work getting-to-know-you-cum-blow-off-some-steam-with-those-who-understand, BUT, the first time my ex-DH (ex being the operative point) failed to let me now he was having an after-work-with-the-guys thing, I had dinner all ready and on the table....so, I went ahead and had mine....and left the rest right where it sat....when the then-hubs finally showed up and reminded me 'I' had left everything out, 'I' informed him that since he could not be bothered to tell me he had made other plans, it was his mess to clean up and left it where it sat until he did....which he did....but not until half way through the next day (Saturday) until he finally accepted the fact that I well and truly meant what I said, as well as saying what I meant....he never failed to notify me again - usually as he was getting ready to go to work - that he would not be home for dinner....and I never had to pitch a bitch to get my point across...all in all, he just wasn't worth the effort/emotion involved in anger...but that is another story...anyhow...Meghan, stop the stupid revenge spending, go home, go somewhere, anywhere else - preferably in the 'South' as that alone seems to be your comfort zone - and find out who the hell you are! If you've gone to all the trouble of getting a Masters in Healthcare Management/Administration/whatever the hell it was (which can be a totally intricate crappy can of worms in today's world) you can certainly find a place that will pay what you are worth....you would not be the first couple to have a long-distance marriage while one or the other is completing the necessary steps for their own career path...unless, of course, you are so insecure in your marriage that you don't dare make such an independent move - in which case why did you get married to begin with, other than for the still (sadly) coveted M.R.S. degree....As for Josh...I have lost any hope of ever having respect for him....I can't imagine my hubs agreeing to some of the total shite he throws at Meghan....They must need the 'reality show' paycheck pretty badly....

• Love 2

What kind of a doctor is Josh going to be? The only way they would be there for a year is if he is in a specialty like Opthamology and gas to do a transition year in general medicine first. And how and when were they all robbed??

I'd also like to know what kind of doctor Josh is training to be, but I haven't heard it mentioned, if it has. I thought he did make the comment about actually practicing on patients now, not studying, so that sounds like he just started his Residency, which I thought was a minimum of 4 years, and if he specializes, that is in addition to those first 4 years. Maybe he lied to Meghan about being in Indianapolis for just one year so he wouldn't have to suffer her meltdown over it, then planned to tell her more years were added on that he had no control over - that is unless that's the scripted story line in order to make them seem more interesting for the show. I don't doubt anything in regards to reality show scripting.

Their truck was broken into while they were stopped at a truck stop/rest area. J & M were walking their dog while his parents were also walking around. It just so happened that the guys left their wallets, and the wimmin-folk left their pocketbooks (who under the age of 70 calls purses that?), in the truck and a window was conveniently broken and all of their money, credit cards, driver's licenses, cell phones, etc. were taken. Yeah, right.

• Love 2

IIRC, sometime last 'season' John mentioned that his specialty was Radiology...and I think he also said he chose it because it would allow him to have much more regular hours than other areas of Medicine, so that he could devote the time to the family they were wanting to have.  Now, however, he seems to be acting like a total diva...get a grip Josh, you're not all that great...I have also been confused about him mentioning finally getting to deal with patients...don't doctors do internships prior to residency? Or is that something that has fallen by the wayside?  If Josh did an internship, wouldn't he have had some hands on treatment time already?

I finally was able to watch this episode. My dvr didn't record it the first time. Did anyone notice Nina's face when Christian handed over the 95 bucks? He had that look on his face he gets. She just looked at him like she knew what was going on in that little brain of his and as if she would have kicked his butt if he opened his mouth. Obviously he has no clue how much it costs to get hair done nowadays in these salons. Reasons I don't go myself. LOL I can't seem him changing ever. He will end up blowing up at some point over something small I bet. 

Josh needs to grow up and get a damn clue. Its not easy to find a job with how it is out there. I have a friend that moved from CO to NV and has been looking for awhile now and nothing. She applies for the retail jobs and such. So I can imagine being where they are alot of places won't be looking or won't want her cause she isn't a teen. He is coming off as a mean , whiny mama's boy. Before it was just a whiny mama's boy. I know I'd be pissed if my husband didn't let me know he was going off like that. Mine thankfully has't and even let's me know if he has to stay a little late with work. He will let me know well in advanced if he was going out to do something with others. In this day with cellphones there is not one excuse for not calling earlier about going off like that. The to call to be picked up....he even seem annoyed she was there to pick him up when he told her to do it. Why did he ask to get picked up if he didn't want to go yet? He irks me alot. Not as much as Christian but pretty close at this point. I get not spending a ton on things but I can see getting seats to eat at a table or whatever if that is what they normally did before. Just not spending that much on stools. LOL Target or Walmart could have been her friends in that area of shopping. Yet if she didn't spend that there would be no drama over money for the show. 

OMG Veeral and his family. They get on my nerves. Sorry but who invites the parents to help find a house? I don't care what he claims is tradition for things. Why would he surprise Ragini like that knowing how she feels? He claims he is feeling torn between his parents and wife...well suck it up and be a man. Quite being a mama's/sister boy. I just love how they all have to live in a high end, super expensive city. I got a little disgusted by how they all are on that stuff but it figures. That whole pushing the baby issue is so old and a good reason to not want to ever be around them. That sister of his comes of in not a good light IMO. She acts like his mother more than their mother does. He needs to learn to set boundaries on things with them. Honestly I don't eve know why they bothered getting married though with how different they are no the Indian traditions. 

Oh and another thought with Maria and Peter's so called flirting. Honestly she should tell him that she knows what is up and just let him know she doesn't want him in trouble for it. Leave it at that. Why would anyone need to know she knew or how would they? Besides he was telling his cousins let's go do this at the boardwalk and find girls. I can imagine they would love to just be able to be regular boys ad not have to go by so many rules. 

I could have sworn Josh's specialty was a radiologist. And I don't know if I've ever seen radiologists interact with patients the same way Josh seems to be doing. Don't they mostly read x rays, MRI's, and other radiologic tests? Something seems fishy to me..

That is what radiologists do, fliptopbox. They don't interact with patients unless they perform radiology procedures (very hi-tech, cutting edge).

I was curious about Josh's career path and I found radiologists must:

attend medical school - 4 years

do a clinical internship - 1 year

do radiology residency - 4 years

do radiology fellowship - 1 or 2 years, if they choose to focus on a subspecialty of radiology

get state licensed in the state they'll be practicing

pass board certification exam

I seriously question if he's smart enough...but maybe he is...

edited for clarity

Edited by Katmai

Radiology is one of the harder fields in Medicine to Match into. So Josh must be pretty smart, to get one of the spots in that program. The one year is a clinical interniship - Prelim-Internal Medicine, Prelim-Surgery, Transitional Year- after which they will move to  wherever is Residency is.

That is what radiologists do, fliptopbox. They don't interact with patients unless they perform radiology procedures (very hi-tech, cutting edge).

I don't know, I was just charged a small fortune to have a radiologist perform an, uh, intrusive ultrasound on me.  Wasn't very high-tech.  Just unpleasant.  He did keep up the witty patter though.  Maybe that's what I was paying for.  :) 

Radiologists  don't have nice personalities that is why they go into Radiology. They love to have the Radiology Techs doing everything for them. They actually do not like people. This is the least "patient friendly" doctor career. Poor Meghan. She's in for a tough life. It's going to be all about HIM.

• Love 2

Does anyone get the feeling that Josh looks down on Meghan, because he thinks she is not as driven as him?  I mean Meghan does have a Masters degree, so it is not like she is uneducated. 

However, I think Josh thought he wanted a wife that stayed at home and catered to his every need, like Mama.  However, I think he might have been better off being married to a fellow medical student, someone who shares his drive and passion.

As others have stated before, this is his own damn fault.  He probably did not want to insult his Mama and her best friend by pursuing girls who were more career driven, but was not forced into this marriage, the way Christian was forced into his.

• Love 1

Does anyone get the feeling that Josh looks down on Meghan, because he thinks she is not as driven as him?  I mean Meghan does have a Masters degree, so it is not like she is uneducated. 

However, I think Josh thought he wanted a wife that stayed at home and catered to his every need, like Mama.  However, I think he might have been better off being married to a fellow medical student, someone who shares his drive and passion.

I definitely think he looks down on her and I think she encourages it by treating him as the know-all God of the House (except when she wants to shop).  I don't think a female medical student would tolerate him, because I don't believe he knows how to look at a woman as an equal partner.  Sure, he respects his mom, but that's different.

• Love 5

I definitely think he looks down on her and I think she encourages it by treating him as the know-all God of the House (except when she wants to shop).  I don't think a female medical student would tolerate him, because I don't believe he knows how to look at a woman as an equal partner.  Sure, he respects his mom, but that's different.

Agree with this. Josh probably doesn't have respect for women in general. He seems the type that if a woman got a job over him, he would have a tantrum over it all. He would rather a woman be like his mom at home catering to his needs as he wants and only when he wants it. I am not understanding how they even lasted to get married at all really. He is one of those men that no matter what his wife does, it won't matter in the end because he will never be happy. Even when its what he says he wants her to do. She finds a job and he will be happy for a second cause she got a job but then whatever else will happen (coworker flirts with her) and he will be miserable and say she can't work there or something stupid like that. Which in the long run will just bring her down and make her feel like nothing in the end. 

• Love 2

As others have stated before, this is his own damn fault.  He probably did not want to insult his Mama and her best friend by pursuing girls who were more career driven, but was not forced into this marriage, the way Christian was forced into his.

This is a typical relationship in the South where the man is the boss and the woman takes care of his every whim.  I have lived in the South most of my life and this type of relationship drives me crazy.  None of my friends have this type of relationship but many women here cater to their men and are doormats.    Just like when Megan wanted to have babies right away and all her friends agreed.  There are Southern women like that but they are living in the 1950's.

• Love 1

Is it just me or does Megan appear to be having alterior motives? I feel like she trying to emotionally strangle her husband (trying to get a job at his workplace so she can check up on him).

The nonsense with the birth control. She had told her neighbors at dinner "well I were not having sex, then I should just stop taking the pill." Then when her husband confronts her she puts on this facade that he's accusing her of trying to get pregnant for no reason! She is sneaky and manipulative. That whole thing was premeditated. And why would she all of a sudden now need prenatal vitamins?

The way she spent that money when her house is already FULL of nice furniture is ridiculous. And the price of those bar stools?

She needs to get her lazy butt off her high horse and get a dose of reality.

I don't trust her at all

(edited)
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 6:28 PM, Danag said:

Radiologists  don't have nice personalities that is why they go into Radiology. They love to have the Radiology Techs doing everything for them. They actually do not like people. This is the least "patient friendly" doctor career.

Second this.  No such thing as Marcus Welby, Radiology.

The nonsense with the birth control. She had told her neighbors at dinner "well I were not having sex, then I should just stop taking the pill." Then when her husband confronts her she puts on this facade that he's accusing her of trying to get pregnant for no reason! She is sneaky and manipulative. That whole thing was premeditated. And why would she all of a sudden now need prenatal vitamins?

Agree that this was some transparent shite.

Let's just be happy these two found each other and cleaned up the marketplace for other shoppers.

Edited by candall
  • Love 1