Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Gotta get those product placements in there.

Guess Meri didn't offer financial inducement to get her to work out in LLR leggings, or Janelle to get her to use Strive With Janelle fitness program.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Fingers crossed that the e x c i t i n g news is a job, internship, or grad school.  I'm still recovering from the last Brown wedding and can't handle another one so soon, and flames-on-the-side-of-my-face if another kid decides to move back home to ride the show/MLM gravy train.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Fingers crossed that the e x c i t i n g news is a job, internship, or grad school.  I'm still recovering from the last Brown wedding and can't handle another one so soon, and flames-on-the-side-of-my-face if another kid decides to move back home to ride the show/MLM gravy train.

I did a quick search and Mariah is saying on Twitter that she has been applying to grad schools on the east coast - so good on her!!!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

....clothes so old I can't read the labels anymore.

A Gap long sleeved knit top that is at least 15 years old. Canyon River Blues Jeans from Sears, and Isotoner slippers. Where's my endorsement money?  

• Love 6

I'm livin' the dream.  A pair of high water sweatpants, a 30 year old sweatshirt and slippers.  I'm binging on Big Love for the first time.  I got Prime for Christmas and I'm catching up. No spoilers please.

• Love 11

Ancient yoga pants, my super old tennis shoes for outdoor working, an Albannach t-shirt and my grandfathers ancient wool cardigan with the sleeves rolled up like 5 times.  Cleaning house, doing laundry, raking the yard and prepping for next week and binging the Olympics

• Love 4

Thick hand knit wool socks, cozy fleece lounge-around pants from Wal Mart and a heavy knit shirt that I bought when my 25 year old son was 6 months old from the Sears clearance rack.

21 minutes ago, toodles said:

I'm livin' the dream.  A pair of high water sweatpants, a 30 year old sweatshirt and slippers.  I'm binging on Big Love for the first time.  I got Prime for Christmas and I'm catching up. No spoilers please.

Sorry to say...if you have watched the early seasons of Sister Wives you have already seen many of Big Love's plot lines...

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Thick hand knit wool socks, cozy fleece lounge-around pants from Wal Mart and a heavy knit shirt that I bought when my 25 year old son was 6 months old from the Sears clearance rack.

Sorry to say...if you have watched the early seasons of Sister Wives you have already seen many of Big Love's plot lines...

I see your point and I see Sister Wives all over this.  But I really like Big Love.  Brown C!owns?  Not so much.

• Love 2

Man, if this were the Duggar boards, I’d win on account of wearing one thing I sewed myself (lounge pants) and one thing from a thrift store (Under Armour t-shirt).  Although I might lose on account of not wearing a skirt.  But do I at least get points for deciding, upon realizing that I couldn’t find long enough pants, that I would just sew them myself rather than racking up a bunch of bills from Victoria’s Secret?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, toodles said:

I have the Big Love series on DVD.  I was so bummed when they stopped after 5 seasons.  So many more interesting storylines than we get from the BrownAssClowns.

Oh yeah, I'm wearing my Costco pajamas and my slippers I bought on sale at Macy's.  

IIRC, you are in LV, aren't you, @toodles?  I've never been there, and what is the thing in the skyline that looks like a mini Space Needle?  

21 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have the Big Love series on DVD.  I was so bummed when they stopped after 5 seasons.  So many more interesting storylines than we get from the BrownAssClowns.

Oh yeah, I'm wearing my Costco pajamas and my slippers I bought on sale at Macy's.  

IIRC, you are in LV, aren't you, @toodles?  I've never been there, and what is the thing in the skyline that looks like a mini Space Needle? 

Edited by toodles
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Thx, @toodles.  If it's in a bad part of town, I guess if I ever get to LV, I won't go there.  I was just curious.  

I'll be DVDing tonight's episode, and watching it in the am, since I'm on PST.  Will Mariah be introducing Audrey?  

You're welcome.  I'm at the end of BL, season 3.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, toodles said:

My reply went away.  Anyway, it's called the Stratosphere and it's part of a tacky hotel in a crappy part of town.

But the food in the revolving rooftop restaurant is pretty good, and you can't beat the view!

• Love 1

Dang, I missed the clothing endorsement party. Now I'll never get paid by Hanes for wearing my two sizes too big men's black thermal underwear set around the house when no one else was home today! #pinnedatthewaist #ilooklikeaninja

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 5
On 2/18/2018 at 2:59 PM, Kohola3 said:

Holy cow, LuLaNo will be horrified!  Not a butter-soft pair of leggings in the group!

I'm wearing a pair of butter soft leggings (with a nice, long tunic, thank you), but I certainly didn't pay LLR prices for them.

• Love 1

I can't see the pictures.  Anyway, it's great that Mariah has gotten way less bitchy, by living her true self.  Audrey seems to be a keeper, and I am happy for both of them.

I couldn't stand Mariah from day one, since that apple didn't fall from the tree.  She was spoiled and entitled, just like Meri.  It was obvious from the first year of the show.

It's nice that Mariah's sibs and all the parents love and accept her, but Mother Meri burned that bridge, and I don't blame the family for wishing Meri gone.  I know I would.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The name of this thread is really outdated. Mariah has moved on from Westminster and she has a totally different life now.

I think we should consider renaming this place!

How about something like...Mariah, who woke up and placed her personal principles over her parent's principals...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

How about something like...Mariah, who woke up and placed her personal principles over her parent's principals...

How about Mariah and her eyebrows.

• Love 5

Mariah and Audrey had their first LLR live sale a week ago, with Meri in tow being annoying in the background. 

Then they proceeded to start harping on the buyers to pay their invoices ASAP...

...and took off for Disneyland. They'll ship when they get back. 

D7F26212-ED73-46EC-9504-1D0DC6EDEDC0.jpeg

EE1F559D-5339-4006-A87F-3C0DC16CEB15.jpeg

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Then they proceeded to start harping on the buyers to pay their invoices ASAP...

...and took off for Disneyland. They'll ship when they get back. 

Ah, yes, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.  The Browns really need to take a course in customer service.  Threats are not the best way to keep customers.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ah, yes, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.  The Browns really need to take a course in customer service.  Threats are not the best way to keep customers.

I agree somewhat, but it shouldn't have to come to that. People should honor their debts - if you order something, pay for it. If you decide you don't want it, then at least make an attempt to cancel your order and don't leave the person hanging.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, lma said:

...because she’s the FAMOUS poor put upon Martyr Brown.

Fixed that for ya.

And lawd knows there are a ton of gullible twits out there.  We've seen some of their fawning remarks on her postings.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, lma said:

Maddie and Mariah/Audrey are all just doing it for the quick money

Maddie is limited in what she can do without a full time reliable baby sitter.  The other two will be going to school and are not looking for a full time job so this is probably ideal.  Still working a full time job until school starts might be a better idea.  Then again you might get more school funding the less money you make.

(edited)
On 5/22/2018 at 12:37 PM, Gothish520 said:

I agree somewhat, but it shouldn't have to come to that. People should honor their debts - if you order something, pay for it. If you decide you don't want it, then at least make an attempt to cancel your order and don't leave the person hanging.

Technically speaking, "claiming" an item during a live LLR sale is not a "debt" per se.  It's a wack way of doing business - LLR is using a feeding frenzy/perception of rarity standard to get viewers to "claim" without thinking about it (i.e. buying on impulse) then inducing the claimer to pay by making them feel guilty or obligated.  
It doesn't make any difference usually if you say "I've changed my mind" or "I don't have the money right now" or not because more often than not the consultant will end up throwing them out of the group anyway.

IMO it's no different from me placing an item in my Amazon Shopping Cart and just letting it sit there without actually going through the purchase.  Legally there is no obligation to pay, it's not a debt - do you think the consultants can report the person to Equifax?  No, because it's not a debt.  

LLR could solve this immediately by allowing consultants to use a method in which the interested would be purchaser makes the purchase automatically using Facebook Payments via messenger.  However, consultants are prohibited from processing transactions outside LLR's back office, which IMO is bullshit.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10
54 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Technically speaking, "claiming" an item during a live LLR sale is not a "debt" per se.  It's a wack way of doing business - LLR is using a feeding frenzy/perception of rarity standard to get viewers to "claim" without thinking about it (i.e. buying on impulse) then inducing the claimer to pay by making them feel guilty or obligated.  
It doesn't make any difference usually if you say "I've changed my mind" or "I don't have the money right now" or not because more often than not the consultant will end up throwing them out of the group anyway.

IMO it's no different from me placing an item in my Amazon Shopping Cart and just letting it sit there without actually going through the purchase.  Legally there is no obligation to pay, it's not a debt - do you think the consultants can report the person to Equifax?  No, because it's not a debt.  

LLR could solve this immediately by allowing consultants to use a method in which the interested would be purchaser makes the purchase automatically using Facebook Payments via messenger.  However, consultants are prohibited from processing transactions outside LLR's back office, which IMO is bullshit.

Thank you for the explanation! I have to agree, that is a crazy way to do business. So basically if you don't pay, the worse that could happen is they kick you out of the group, and then the consultant has that merchandise to sell again.