Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Whatever.  Is Mariah now going to advocate for vagina steaming and anal bleaching?

Gaaaa!

Given she’s a sell-your-soul-for-a-quick-buck Brown, I’m sure she’d hawk anything if the price was right.  😉 

PS - thanks for the mental imagery there! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I get followers all the time, but I don't think the account holder actually saw my site and followed me, for the most part. 

Today to see what would happen I made my IG private meaning that followers have to request to be added and just after a few hours I've received at least a dozen requests from people I've never heard of. I think it's based on hashtags.

Some influencers or businesses request to follow you or will follow you in the hope you’ll follow them back. They just go on random sprees. Another trick to collect people. 

But I’ve been told by someone who’s done it) that you can purchase followers (fake accounts that follow you and like things and write generic ‘great post’ stuff) to increase your following and make you look more popular than you are. Sad. It’s easy to spot them commenting on accounts as they are usually all in broken English, generic, full of emojis & bad grammar and completely over the top ‘This is the gratest post I’ve EVER seen! I like The photo very so MUCH!!!!! 👏🏼‘ etc. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Some influencers or businesses request to follow you or will follow you in the hope you’ll follow them back. They just go on random sprees. Another trick to collect people. 

But I’ve been told by someone who’s done it) that you can purchase followers (fake accounts that follow you and like things and write generic ‘great post’ stuff) to increase your following and make you look more popular than you are. Sad. It’s easy to spot them commenting on accounts as they are usually all in broken English, generic, full of emojis & bad grammar and completely over the top ‘This is the gratest post I’ve EVER seen! I like The photo very so MUCH!!!!! 👏🏼‘ etc. 

I think they must hire firms to do it for them. It's like the advertising that the mailman drops off several times a week, I didn't ask for it but there it is in my mailbox!  I don't think it's all fake followers. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 2
(edited)
29 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think they must hire firms to do it for them. 

Yeah definitely, that’s what I was trying to say, there are companies out there that you pay to give you (say 1000, 20,000 or whatever amount depending on what you pay) fake accounts that will follow you. If that makes sense. I’m not sure how they do it. That’s what I was suspecting Mariah may have done to give her more clout with companies who want to use her for marketing.

That said, some small businesses will  request to follow you to get a follow back. They just have an employee looking after their social media who’s job will entail doing that based on your hashtags or location or whatever. That might be what’s going on for you? 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Spellingk
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Some influencers or businesses request to follow you or will follow you in the hope you’ll follow them back.

What is shocking to me is the amount of money companies will pay for these influencers to hawk their wares.

There was a segment on CBS Sunday Morning this week about the Kartrashians.  They get paid ENORMOUS amounts of money to pose with products on their social media sites. I'm talking 6 to 7 figures.  And what is terrifying to me is that people actually buy the crap because of these endorsements.  Don't people have any common sense anymore?  Do their own research?   They'd take some "health" supplement just because some cardboard celebrity says it's wonderful? 

I fear for the fate of the world sometimes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What is shocking to me is the amount of money companies will pay for these influencers to hawk their wares.

There was a segment on CBS Sunday Morning this week about the Kartrashians.  They get paid ENORMOUS amounts of money to pose with products on their social media sites. I'm talking 6 to 7 figures.  And what is terrifying to me is that people actually buy the crap because of these endorsements.  Don't people have any common sense anymore?  Do their own research?   They'd take some "health" supplement just because some cardboard celebrity says it's wonderful? 

I absolutely agree. 😔 

When did this become a legitimate form of marketing? It’s the narcissistic, talentless and selfie-obsessed dimwits of the world, that are making millions hawking stupid products and our celebrity worshipping culture seems to lap it right up. Notice it is always the reality stars doing it, the Teen Moms, Kardashian’s... it’s always that genre of tv drawn to it. They sell their souls to tv and then to social media to extend on the gravy train. No talented, self-respecting celebrity needs to go down that path. 

I will say this for Mariah, at least she doesn’t have the level of pretentiousness and the professional gloss of ‘the rich perfect polished Lamborghini life’ that the Kardashian types can afford and portray. I’m so unimpressed by that kind of fakery, abuse of wealth and self obsession. 

In contrast though, I find Mariah gone too far the other way, in the sense she appears so lazy and entitled she feels she doesn’t even have to TRY create a decent atheistically pleasing picture, which could be as simple as cropping, or editing the lighting (AND of the Browns are guilty of this), or even come up with an professional polished look to sell herself as ‘wellness blogger’. 

She’s like:

‘Finding a real job hard, so I’ll just present my stringy haired, unkept, sloppy self to the masses, looking pensive while brunching on activated kale and quinoa in hip coffee shops, resting on my other career as a reality star to ensure I’m already well known and besides even if they don’t know me, they’ll surely love me anyway as a blogger, because I’m so studious, consciously enlightened and inclusively intersectional and insert other buzz word here’ 😆 

054BE225-F962-439B-B709-9D4A5230CE93.thumb.jpeg.119c1cd3e2fb0dc0dc64b0667328cbbd.jpeg

‘Hee hee, Audge! grab the camera and shoot me right now by this public toilet block wearing my sweaty yoga gear and Casio watch for the website!’ 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E0165DDA-4671-4D3E-AFA6-490E73D344DF.jpeg

Thanks, Ginger. I could only think of a mathematical application of the word, which in  a way it is.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I think this is just a new-technology version of the same old advertising crap that’s dogged us for decades. Celebrity endorsements are nothing new; magazines used to be full of them. And celebrities appearing in TV commercials are also implied endorsements.  Instagram is just a new dekievery system. There have always been liars in advertising (cigarettes were originally advertised as being healthful!) and there have always been suckers who will buy or believe anything. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Yeah definitely, that’s what I was trying to say, there are companies out there that you pay to give you (say 1000, 20,000 or whatever amount depending on what you pay) fake accounts that will follow you. If that makes sense. I’m not sure how they do it. That’s what I was suspecting Mariah may have done to give her more clout with companies who want to use her for marketing.

That said, some small businesses will  request to follow you to get a follow back. They just have an employee looking after their social media who’s job will entail doing that based on your hashtags or location or whatever. That might be what’s going on for you? 

There are legit social media marketing companies out there. My sister has her own business and is (reluctantly) on Instagram. She's not familiar with how it works and so she hired a company to boost her exposure about a month ago.  She now has 3x as many followers, all legit (that was the guarantee) and more importantly, she's getting real results in terms of increased exposure and sales. Yay!

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

There are legit social media marketing companies out there. My sister has her own business and is (reluctantly) on Instagram. She's not familiar with how it works and so she hired a company to boost her exposure about a month ago.  She now has 3x as many followers, all legit (that was the guarantee) and more importantly, she's getting real results in terms of increased exposure and sales. Yay!

Yup! Markets change and how/where the public views information also changes. Social media is the way to go nowadays. If anyone is going to be blamed for this trend, it's us--the consumers. Good for anyone who has made this work for them. 

I actually enjoy social media advertising versus tv commercial because I can bypass it if I want to. Can't do that with television commercials unless I've paused it for some time and can fast-forward through that insulting drivel (seriously, some commercials have caused me to boycott certain products for the idiocy of their advertising). On social media, if something catches my eye, I can look at it if I want to. The rest I kinda scroll past or ignore.  Brilliant. 

• Love 6

Forgive me, I may be in the minority, but I’m jaded and cynical. I work in a business who is approached daily by these influencer and bloggers types wanting pro bono or freebies for plugs.  

Their sense of importance and self entitlement is mind boggling! They truly think the world owes them something due to their following (mostly brought). 

I have no problem with celebrity endorsements and even legitimate influencers honestly, if they’ve earned their celebrity fan base through talent and being outstanding and business approach them and people want what they’re selling, good on them.

I dislike the many wannabe bottom feeders, that jump on the bandwagon. The special snowflakes, that think they have something special and because they alone discovered yoga or avo on toast or insert other latest interchangeable fad, blah blah. Especially when they’ve done nothing to deserve that idolised leader role. 

It just makes me despair of humanity and for the younger generation that this is where we’re at and how we put stupid people on a pedestal by giving them a platform to spout meaningless inspirational platitudes and hawk dangerous crap detox products. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
14 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

It just makes me despair of humanity and for the younger generation that this is where we’re at and how we put stupid people on a pedestal by giving them a platform to spout meaningless inspirational platitudes and hawk dangerous crap detox products. 

Applause!  Standing ovation! 

And you kids get off my lawn before I get the hose.  (In case this isn't a "thing" in Australia, it means I am an old curmudgeon.)

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Applause!  Standing ovation! 

And you kids get off my lawn before I get the hose.  (In case this isn't a "thing" in Australia, it means I am an old curmudgeon.)

Haha! Yep It’s totally a thing and I’m the epitome of that fed up old lady ragging on the youth of today (just in a 32 year olds body). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

😔

054BE225-F962-439B-B709-9D4A5230CE93.thumb.jpeg.119c1cd3e2fb0dc0dc64b0667328cbbd.jpeg

‘Hee hee, Audge! grab the camera and shoot me right now by this public toilet block wearing my sweaty yoga gear and Casio watch for the website!’ 

Good lord, nice double chin and if you took her body out of the pic and just had the head face I'd honestly think it was a guy with long hair.... She has a masculine profile

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Haha! Yep It’s totally a thing and I’m the epitome of that fed up old lady ragging on the youth of today (just in a 32 year olds body). 

I wholeheartedly agree with Kohola.  Great post Sofa Sloth!

Weirdly enough, I'm watering my lawn.  Hose ready!!!

• LOL 9
7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good lord, nice double chin and if you took her body out of the pic and just had the head face I'd honestly think it was a guy with long hair.... She has a masculine profile

I rillyrillyrilly hate to say this.  

Mariah aka Pudge takes HORRIBLE "pitchers."  Oops, sorry for the lapse into BrownSpeak.

She actually looks better on TV.  Not saying wonderful, but better than Sludge's photos.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

And be sure to catch my cute little child-like giggle.  It's makes me look so adorbs.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Forgive me, I may be in the minority, but I’m jaded and cynical. I work in a business who is approached daily by these influencer and bloggers types wanting pro bono or freebies for plugs.  

Their sense of importance and self entitlement is mind boggling! They truly think the world owes them something due to their following (mostly brought). 

I dislike the many wannabe bottom feeders, that jump on the bandwagon. The special snowflakes, that think they have something special and because they alone discovered yoga or avo on toast or insert other latest interchangeable fad, blah blah. Especially when they’ve done nothing to deserve that idolised leader role. 

My daughter works for a major Fortune 500 company that sells high-end (*cough over priced cough*) kitchenware.  You would recognize the name.  She is one of the managers of their social media department.  They are deluged with bloggers wanting free stuff.  She had a blogger ask the other day for a $250 Dutch oven.  This woman's blog featured dressing "on trend" in Wal-Mart clothes.  She told my daughter that her approval would take the company to the next level.  The answer was no.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, toodles said:

My daughter works for a major Fortune 500 company that sells high-end (*cough over priced cough*) kitchenware.  You would recognize the name.  She is one of the managers of their social media department.  They are deluged with bloggers wanting free stuff.  She had a blogger ask the other day for a $250 Dutch oven.  This woman's blog featured dressing "on trend" in Wal-Mart clothes.  She told my daughter that her approval would take the company to the next level.  The answer was no.

Well believe it! I feel her pain.

It’s so frustrating to be on the receiving end of these ridiculous self serving requests, day in and day out! I work in the beauty industry which is a favourite target. I often work alongside a reputable plastic and reconstructive surgeon and she is inundated with requests for free cosmetic procedure work (upwards of $20,000+) for showcasing her work. Laughable. 

1. She is a renowned expert in her field booked out nearly a year in advance and has performed countless surgeries. I don’t think she needs your ‘mention’.

2. It is completely unethical and wrong to provide such procedures for free advertising in the medical field. 

3. There are people with medically necessary conditions, such as breast cancer and skin cancer, that require her time for urgent reconstructions. She cares little for you wanting a non- necessary facelift right now, especially when you want it for free.

I have developed so many snarky yet professional responses to slap them down over the last few years, but now they are simply ignored due to volume of them. 

A little perspective is warranted for the majority of these entitled posers. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

True.

I think she’s been taking her style inspo from her brother-in-law (or vice versa). Let’s play a game of who’s who? 😉 

408B0B45-5973-4432-9670-E6A76C599E42.jpeg

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Her mother also has coarse/masculine features.  Unfortunately, both Meri and Mariah emphasize that coarseness with unflattering hairstyles, harsh hair colors, and eyebrows and make up that are completely unsuited for their features.  

Since they both seem to have money to burn, they could each benefit from a few appointments with a stylist who could teach them how to improve their appearance with some relatively inexpensive changes.  (And I mean a real, trained, stylist.  Not someone behind the make up counter or someone who sells LLR.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

Her mother also has coarse/masculine features.  Unfortunately, both Meri and Mariah emphasize that coarseness with unflattering hairstyles, harsh hair colors, and eyebrows and make up that are completely unsuited for their features.  

Since they both seem to have money to burn, they could each benefit from a few appointments with a stylist who could teach them how to improve their appearance with some relatively inexpensive changes.  (And I mean a real, trained, stylist.  Not someone behind the make up counter or someone who sells LLR.)

Oh yes for sure especially when Meri was younger from certain angles she looked like a guy.

As much as I hate Kody when he was younger he was quite good looking and I never understood how he ended up with Meri other than she was so over the moon crazy about him and couldn't believe she landed the guy, she basically worshipped the ground he walked on and would agree to anything to keep him... Even taking her enemy Janelle as a sister wife.

Janelle has said how she also loved Kody and wanted him.

We all know how infatuated Christine is with him... *puke*

Even Robyn seemed to be wildly attracted to him.  🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

True.

I think she’s been taking her style inspo from her brother-in-law (or vice versa). Let’s play a game of who’s who? 😉 

408B0B45-5973-4432-9670-E6A76C599E42.jpeg

The funny thing is.... If you remove the fish whiskers,  FT is well on his way to looking more feminine.. Especially in the bottom right "come hither" pose. 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, TurtlePower said:

seriously, some commercials have caused me to boycott certain products for the idiocy of their advertising)

Glad to know I’m not the only one!

• Love 2
(edited)
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

9F0921C3-FC12-4FBF-AA5E-3CF8718316F1.jpeg

mariahbrwn Today was the third day in two weeks that I’ve worn shoes. Bali life isn’t so bad☀️☀️

Sticking with the Brown tradition of filthy soled feet then.

Dare I say though, this is a nice picture of her, it seems more candid, less posed and she looks happy. Still with the ‘aren’t I a cute wee toddler’ hair twist, but slight improvement. 

I’m also glad she finally learned how to crop a bikini selfie flatteringly too. My eyes thank her for this new found skill.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Nessa Darlin said:

Her left eye does appear to be focused..elsewhere. 

Maybe that's what they teach in yoga class in Bali.  Maybe she's trying to see her brain or something.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Are her eyes pointing two different directions?

I think it’s  ‘self(ie) obsessed eye’* whereby you go slightly crossed-eyed when highly focused on the small image of yourself in the phone screen on the selfie camera instead of looking past it into distance. *Not a legit technical term

Often Aspyn looks like that to me though, so maybe she has a lazy eye or something. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Grammar
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I think it’s  ‘self(ie) obsessed eye’* whereby you go slightly crossed-eyed when highly focused on the small image of yourself in the phone screen on the selfie camera instead of looking past it into distance. *Not a legit technical term

Often Aspyn looks like that to me though, so maybe she has a lazy eye or something. 

It always looks to me like both Aspyn and Kody have a slight out-turned eye. I had one myself so I tend to notice and commiserate. (They seem to run in my family; several relatives have also had them. Maybe the Browns have the same issue.) I had mine surgically realigned as a teen, for which I’m very grateful, but mine was more noticeable. Theirs aren’t super obvious IMO. 

• Useful 4
On 5/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Why do her armpits always look bruised or is that hair?

And WHERE is her belly button?

Her midsection is sort of strange looking. 

She looks like she has some sort of rash on the inside of her upper arms.  Heat rash maybe?  With hair that dark she really needs some sort of brows.  Now I sound like BEC cause her brows are always bugging me.  They go from caterpillars to just a giant face with no definition.  The pic of her blonde with light brows looks nice.  

• Love 3

In Touch Weekly - quite a little "suck up" article there.  Pudge is a "reality star".  

If she doesn't want people commenting on things then stay off social media.  Otherwise STFU.

• Love 15

Mariah's righteous indignation over someone trying to make a sociable comment is misplaced once again.  Isn't yoga all about BODY, mind, and soul?  

The article quotes her saying "ask me about my passion, activism, family" and I'm sure she would find a way to take offense if a question didn't lead to an opportunity for Mariah to expound on her virtues as a SJW.

Get over yourself Mariah!...and you are mis-shapen and flabby for a woman of 23 years, who should be in her prime of physical fitness.

• Love 15
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Mariah apparently had an instagram story chiding people about noticing her weight.   

If she wants people to know about more than what she looks like, why does she post so many selfies, usually in skimpy clothing?  Those and pictures of large portions of fattening foods are all she seems to show people, so what is there to comment about other than her weight, eyebrows and greasy hair?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
44 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Mariah's righteous indignation over someone trying to make a sociable comment is misplaced once again.  Isn't yoga all about BODY, mind, and soul?  

The article quotes her saying "ask me about my passion, activism, family" and I'm sure she would find a way to take offense if a question didn't lead to an opportunity for Mariah to expound on her virtues as a SJW.

Get over yourself Mariah!...and you are mis-shapen and flabby for a woman of 23 years, who should be in her prime of physical fitness.

Geez she's only 23?!? She looks 35! 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Geez she's only 23?!? She looks 35! 

Agreed.  I'm not a fan of Mariah but in the pic where she's wearing the striped running bra her face could easily pass for one in their 30s, although her neck and upper chest is that of a younger person.

Mariah, stopping posting pics of yourself on social media if you don't want comments on your figure. Idiot.  😒

• Love 9
(edited)

Talk about looking for a fight when there isn’t one happening. I could understand if they were being negative, but it was positive comments. She wants to be a public wellness blogger, but no one is actually allowed to comment on her looking well. Riiiight. 🙄

Way to cut off your audience and therefore income by hating on getting complimented. She really is a special breed that only Meri and Kody could produce.

Additional snark - It’s no shock people thought she looked better when she finally worked out how to crop her permanently on display jelly belly and tuck shop lady arms for a change. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Additional snark
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, neh said:

Does Mariah get paid for the article in InTouch  magazine?

I think that Mariah and the Browns are making a lot of money being "social influencers." 

• Love 4