Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

The hashtags......

mariahbrwn#chicago #chitown #rainyday#rain #chicagofitness #fitfam #fitnessblog#fitness #chicagoblogger#healthandwellness #health #wellness#wellnessblogger #school #gradschool#loyola

• Love 2

Can’t leave these out!

mariahbrwn#fitness #chicago #chicagofit#chicagofitness #fitnessblog#healthylifestyle #healthandwellness#wellnessblogger #fitnessblogger #chitown#chitownfit #fitfam #lovetheprocess#progressnotperfection

• Love 1

I'll add:  that is a terrible picture.  She takes self-loving to a level that just makes her a narcissistic I-don't-know what.

Those freaking hashtags all over the place must be making money for her.  Is that how Instagram works?  Like YouTube?  I have no clue.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'll add:  that is a terrible picture.

That tangle of electric wires adds a certain panache, don't you think? 

I'm assuming Audrey is taking these so is she aiming for some sort of photographic career?  Might want to take a look at the background before shooting her artsy poses.

Someone upthread on one of these pages said something about hashtags generating traffic.  Greek to me but I don't use any of that social media stuff so I don't really care. I just find it all so vain and self-obsessed. I'm old and have never, nor will I ever, taken a selfie let alone posted it for the world to see.

• Love 11

The only thing I know about hashtags is, they are links to other pictures with the same hashtags. I don’t really get the point. I know there is one though. To me, one shouldn’t have to strain to be able to read them. My eyes cross!!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Has she worked for the past year then, to support herself and her girl friend? 

To my knowledge, not since summer began. Prior to that, apparently she was working in some sort of school setting.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

To my knowledge, not since summer began. Prior to that, apparently she was working in some sort of school setting.

Too bad she wasn't working retail in a store where she could get an employee discount to buy jeans without holes in them.  Oh, that's right - they BUY them this way!!!  (I will NEVER understand this as a "fashion statement."  Get off my lawn!!!)

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn#chicago #chicagofitness#chitown #wellnessblogger #lgbtq #queer#mylove

People really need to look at their whole photo before posting for anything unusual.  The stink eye from the guy behind them is very off putting for their "lovey dovey" posting.

• Love 14

Is that Sharpie marker on her eyebrows? I have never in my like seen more self-absorbed people in this world. All these posted pics of themselves. Everyday is a photo shoot of the mundane stuff. Who really cares?? Those girls are not photogenic, sorry for my superficial comment. 

• Love 20
47 minutes ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

I have never in my like seen more self-absorbed people in this world.

Goes for the entire sorry lot of a Z list "celebrities".  We are all supposed to be so fascinated with them.  Geez, get a life you twits. Nobody cares.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn#chicago #chitown #gradlife#loyolachicago #chicagoblogger#fitnessblogger #wellnessblogger#healthandwellness #bewell #balance

This is the worst one yet.  Don't these people own a mirror?  Just.......NO.

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, toodles said:

This is the worst one yet.  Don't these people own a mirror?  Just.......NO.

I hope she has a change of clothing in that backpack for after her workout.  Those tights are clinging to her butt now, I can only imagine how they will look after a sweaty workout.

Notice she hasn't hashtagged LLR lately, wonder if she has dropped that money making :/ enterprise and is now devoting herself to becoming a fitness/wellness/health guru.

• Love 5

I don't think it's body shaming if we point out that she is wearing completely unflattering clothes, and the shot is taken from the absolute worst angle possible.  It would be tough for a professional model with a professional photographer to pull off a shot like this.  I'm wondering if she has some kind of sponsorship deal with the company that makes her "workout" outfits?  

On a lighter note, this pose with her backpack reminds me of the picture that many parents take every fall of their child heading off to the first day of school.  Grow up, Mariah!!!  You aren't little and cute any more!!!!!

• Love 9

I think it's great that she and Audrey are dedicating themselves to fitness. And putting it on social media keeps them accountable. No snark, I'm happy for them. And I do like the idea of Mariah's brows. I love that thick brows are back in style. But her skin tone doesn't match them.

Having said that, they are sorry excuses for millennials. They've got the need to photograph every moment of the lives down pat, but the photos are so unflattering, my God. They are attractive enough people, but have never been properly introduced to a good Instagram filter or a flattering angle.

I thought her "first day of school" photo was kind of funny in an ironic way.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 4
On 8/27/2018 at 4:33 PM, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn#chicago #chicagofitness#chitown #wellnessblogger #lgbtq #queer#mylove

I am not judging when I say this, its just an observation.  Audrey always looks super stoned in her pics.  

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Once again in life it must be said, leggings are NOT pants.  

Back in the 80s when leggings really took hold we had the sense to wear shirts long enough to cover our hind quarters (or we tied something around our waist).  Regardless of what size one wears the butt can look really unattractive and lumpy.  We also didn't want such an in depth tour of our personal areas.  You would never know these gals were raised with modesty standards.  But rock on with your high self esteem ladies.  

• Love 11

There are times I just have to admire people who feel good about their body image enough to wear what they want and to he#l with what anyone else thinks.  I wish I were that way!

• Love 5

Dear "Audge" must be on a natural high, being near Mariah's hot (not) looking eyebrows.

What is with Meri and Mariah's weird eyebrow ideas?  They both suck, IMO.

2 minutes ago, neh said:

There are times I just have to admire people who feel good about their body image enough to wear what they want and to he#l with what anyone else thinks.  I wish I were that way!

Yes, wouldn't we have it easier, if we just didn't give a crap?  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, neh said:

I completely agree with this.  However, it's a completely different issue when someone posts numerous pictures that scream "Look at me, I'm fantastic and you should envy and admire me because I'm the best!"

• Love 11
9 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I completely agree with this.  However, it's a completely different issue when someone posts numerous pictures that scream "Look at me, I'm fantastic and you should envy and admire me because I'm the best!"

Very true but did you notice that Mariah had 499 "likes" encouraging her.  No wonder she keeps posting; she has to keep her fans happy.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MonicaM said:

However, it's a completely different issue when someone posts numerous pictures that scream "Look at me, I'm fantastic and you should envy and admire me because I'm the best!"

It's more about narcissism than anything else.  

And that outfit made me want to gouge my eyes out.  

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Jillian needs to finish up with Janelle first.

And she will never finish up, because Janelle will sabotage herself in private at every opportunity.  Janelle is someone who could use an accountability partner regarding her food intake.  I am still convinced she tops off every healthy smoothie with a bag of fritos.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, toodles said:

I headed to Costco for industrial size brain bleach myself.

Maybe pick up enough for those Andersonville neighbors also.  The leafy, tree lined streets are the venue for a lot of these photo shoots and after the abominations they have taken with the blue tight "back to school" outfit and the latest cellulite exposing bare midriff horror, it wouldn't surprise me if there was a petition being circulated, "Restore Class to Our Neighborhood".

• Love 8

The Brown Clowns have no class whatsoever.  The unfortunate people that will be their neighbors, will be saying "there goes the neighborhood."

I would not be surprised that some houses in their new vicinity suddenly have FOR SALE (for sell, in Brownspeak) signs on them.  

@Sandy W, you are gifted with words, and I love it!  It's been ages since I've noticed the word 'cellulite' online.  That Mariah thinks her photos like that should be posted, is truly a horrible thing.

No fat shaming here.  I've been as heavy as Christine at her heaviest, and it took me almost 60 years to totally change my lifestyle.  I never bared my midriff in public at my heaviest weight, and now that I'm a senior citizen and much thinner, I still don't!  But we can expect no discretion from the Brownies, who think their audience should kiss the ground they walk on!  Ugh.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

The Brown Clowns have no class whatsoever.  The unfortunate people that will be their neighbors, will be saying "there goes the neighborhood."

I would not be surprised that some houses in their new vicinity suddenly have FOR SALE (for sell, in Brownspeak) signs on them.  

@Sandy W, you are gifted with words, and I love it!  It's been ages since I've noticed the word 'cellulite' online.  That Mariah thinks her photos like that should be posted, is truly a horrible thing.

No fat shaming here.  I've been as heavy as Christine at her heaviest, and it took me almost 60 years to totally change my lifestyle.  I never bared my midriff in public at my heaviest weight, and now that I'm a senior citizen and much thinner, I still don't!  But we can expect no discretion from the Brownies, who think their audience should kiss the ground they walk on!  Ugh.

You flatter me xword and I do admit when I came to this site and noticed your user name, I felt inspired to drag out some lonely, neglected words from the cobwebby recesses of my mind.

At this time I am carrying more weight than I would consider ideal and motivated by Janelle, (insert sarcasm emoji here) I hied myself to the doctor last week and discovered a low thyroid situation is the probable culprit for the weight gain.  Working now to find the right supplement to balance this, but even when the pounds roll off, I won't be exposing my 80yr old midriff to anyone either.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Sadly, even with optimum thyroid treatment, the pounds don't come off easily.  It is still a big struggle.  they go on way easier than they come off.

Finding that out, 10 days on 75mcg and no appreciable weight loss yet. Drat!  Will re-assess with blood work after 30 days and go from there.  I have noticed a spurt of energy though, so maybe a fitness plan and change of diet will help too.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Finding that out, 10 days on 75mcg and no appreciable weight loss yet. Drat!  Will re-assess with blood work after 30 days and go from there.  I have noticed a spurt of energy though, so maybe a fitness plan and change of diet will help too.

Yes. I’ve been hypo for many years and you do feel better treated. But the weight. Very low high quality calories and a lot of exercise. It does not magically fall off like it magically appeared. Who wants to hear that. Or do it.  Janelle still has that less energy look. I wonder if she is tested for thyroid issues. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Yes. I’ve been hypo for many years and you do feel better treated. But the weight. Very low high quality calories and a lot of exercise. It does not magically fall off like it magically appeared. Who wants to hear that. Or do it.  Janelle still has that less energy look. I wonder if she is tested for thyroid issues. 

Thanks for the "front-line" advice lookyloo.  I feel encouraged.  Before embarking on her Strive journey, you would expect that Janelle would have a thorough medical work-up.  But maybe not.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks for the "front-line" advice lookyloo.  I feel encouraged.  Before embarking on her Strive journey, you would expect that Janelle would have a thorough medical work-up.  But maybe not.

Probably not, but she spent a couple of thousand dollars for a certificate.

• Love 4

Too lazy to correct the typos? Are those pancakes? Too burnt to tell; good to know the peanut butter is within its intended life span. Are two people eating that many 'cakes? "Rub it on your thighs, because that's where it's going," as we say in my house. Bless her heart, she can't hold a candle to Michelle but she does offer discount coupons, LOL. 

• Love 7

Has she been taking food staging for photo advice from Jill Duggar?  At least put the burnt cakes on the bottom of the pile.  Also brunch to me is like a bigger deal - no fruit? eggs? asparagus or something? bacon or sausage?  Just burnt cakes and a jar of peanut butter and 2 cups of coffee.  Well at least they are using real plates, cups and silverware.  Sigh.

I looked up the company's website.  A 12 oz bag runs between $13-$19.  WTF??  I get that it's roasted to order and fancy and such but dude, grad school, living in Chicago, gym membership, um how are you affording this?

Edited by DragonFaerie
found coffee prices, needed a drink
  • Love 12