Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

That's on a wedding registry?  Do these brides have no shame at all?  Just when I think that I've seen it all!!  😉

I guess she's expecting a, well, vigorous honeymoon. 😵

• LOL 10
(edited)

They have the "I Want to be Naked" bride on.    Poor Antonella, she looked like she wanted to run away.   I guess that's the bride's mother that looks like she wants to run away from the appointment, and the wedding.      I agree with the poster who said Histrionic Personality Disorder.   

The naked bride should have had her wedding at a naturalist (whatever nudist is called now) so she wouldn't even need a dress.  

Who spends almost $16000 on a net dress?   And who designs and sells such a thing?   I feel sorry for the other shoppers, and entourages that saw that display on the sales floor.     Antonella is being professional, but I can't believe how hard it was to go through a televised strip show.     That dress was full on exhibitionist skank.     I read what others posted about this episode, but seeing it is so much worse.    

Did Hailey Paige forget to put on pants?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Who spends almost $16000 on a net dress?   And who designs and sells such a thing?   I feel sorry for the other shoppers, and entourages that saw that display on the sales floor.     Antonella is being professional, but I can't believe how hard it was to go through a televised strip show.     That dress was full on exhibitionist skank.     I read what others posted about this episode, but seeing it is so much worse.    

The bigger question for me is why did she have more than one dress to choose from?

I imagine the other shoppers were entertained. I saw a lot of people capturing her on their cell phones in the background. 

I sincerely hope someone gets the bride the help that she needs. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, rur said:

The bigger question for me is why did she have more than one dress to choose from?

I imagine the other shoppers were entertained. I saw a lot of people capturing her on their cell phones in the background. 

I sincerely hope someone gets the bride the help that she needs. 

That first naked dress she tried on probably came with a long under slip that most women would have purchased if they wanted that nude look without actually being nude...can you imagine her father walking her down the aisle or her grandparents watching from behind (and front), my mother would have said she wore more to give birth in.  These brides that want something shocking or edgy have to realize that people will talk about the offending frock for years to come. 

I won't go in to detail but my son has been married for almost 3 years and I still have people asking me what the mother of the bride was thinking when she bought the dress she wore to the wedding...it was cringe worthy complete with a wardrobe malfunction. It was sort of a Russian Mafia teenage daughter prom dress and that is being kind.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That first naked dress she tried on probably came with a long under slip that most women would have purchased if they wanted that nude look without actually being nude...

Yes, it did -- The bride complained about it being bulky when it had to be hiked up in some faux drama the first time she tried it on. But Pnina even said she'd include it in case the bride changed her mind. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They have the "I Want to be Naked" bride on.    Poor Antonella, she looked like she wanted to run away.   I guess that's the bride's mother that looks like she wants to run away from the appointment, and the wedding.      I agree with the poster who said Histrionic Personality Disorder.   

The naked bride should have had her wedding at a naturalist (whatever nudist is called now) so she wouldn't even need a dress.  

I thought that the bride's mother was an even match for the daughter (from the two toned whatever you want to call her hair and her off color remarks).  They were made for each other.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Heh.  I thought the same thing!  I'm not too crazy about her some of her outfits.

Edited by ChitChat
  • LOL 1
(edited)

When they first showed the Naked bride's mother, she was making a face when her daughter said what she wanted.   Later, the mother looked very enthusiastic about the lack of clothing, and taste her daughter bought.  

I guess getting their face on TV brought out the worst in the bride, and her mother.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Yes, being the most talked about bride ever is the goal of the exhibitionists, like the Naked bride.     At least she found her soulmate, a man who wants everyone to know everything about his wife's anatomy, and be jealous of her.     She's a total exhibitionist, but he gets turned on by that.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, alalaxmom said:

The kicker for me with the naked bride was when she asked if her belly button showing was too much or crossing a line.  Really???  I was screaming at the TV at that point.

So relieved to know she had a line that she wouldn't cross with that second dress.

Remember the week before when Randy was all we'd never bring in a dress over a bride's budget? Guess not everyone got the memo.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Remember the week before when Randy was all we'd never bring in a dress over a bride's budget? Guess not everyone got the memo.

I seem to recall back in the way earlier seasons that a consultant got in deep shit for showing a bride a dress that was significantly over budget.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Hey, that's always been Dianne's MO.  Bring in the more expensive dresses and sell, sell, sell!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

Hey, that's always been Dianne's MO.  Bring in the more expensive dresses and sell, sell, sell!!

I thought of Dianne immediately when Randy said that!

My guess is the consultants only bring in a higher priced, over-budget dress when the price point is either actually higher, or when the bride said a lower price, then it was  just for the show but her price point was really higher.   It's all about the drama.    

• Useful 1
On 7/20/2020 at 1:00 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

.Isn't that the point?

You would hope that a bride doesn't mean 'shocking' in an "I'm going to be the butt of everyone's joke" kind of way though.  I was embarrassed for her.   Some of these brides need to look up the word 'modesty' in the dictionary.  😉 

• Love 2
On 7/19/2020 at 11:15 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

They have the "I Want to be Naked" bride on.    Poor Antonella, she looked like she wanted to run away. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:15 PM, Grizzly said:

So relieved to know she had a line that she wouldn't cross with that second dress.

I thought Antonella did a great job calling her bluff with that second dress 😄 

• Love 3

I had the naked bride on tonight as background noise and finally turned off the episode. Congratulations you have a podcast. And a dress that can be used as a fishing net when you’ve worn it out on a stripper pole. It was like a bad version of the Vagina Monologues. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The bride from Page Six has an unbelievably inflated sense of how important her wedding dress is to the world.  

The bride and groom from Big Brother were darling together.  I’m glad she didn’t let him see the final dress.  She was gorgeous in the one she picked (hey, did anyone know Randy designed it 🙄).  Once I could see it anyway, after being blinded by her mother’s outfit lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

The bride from Page Six has an unbelievably inflated sense of how important her wedding dress is to the world.  

The bride and groom from Big Brother were darling together.  I’m glad she didn’t let him see the final dress.  She was gorgeous in the one she picked (hey, did anyone know Randy designed it 🙄).  Once I could see it anyway, after being blinded by her mother’s outfit lol

Found it interesting that the Page Six bride ended up with a real open back dress which she stated in the beginning that she didn't want.  

Who at age 14 employs a stylist to dress them?  Even if she was a model, the company usually picks out the outfits that they want modeled.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, DiamondGirl said:

The bride and groom from Big Brother were darling together.  I’m glad she didn’t let him see the final dress.  She was gorgeous in the one she picked (hey, did anyone know Randy designed it 🙄).  Once I could see it anyway, after being blinded by her mother’s outfit lol. 

I was more interested in Page Six bride’s friend, Lizzie Gillies. With so little decent daytime tv programming I’ve been watching her on Nickelodeon’s Victorious.  
I tried to find pics from Big Brother couple’s wedding. Everything I found said they were secretly married in February 2019 and would eventually have a wedding everyone could attend.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, DiamondGirl said:

I didn't like any of the dresses that the Page Six bride tried on.  I think a lot of it was because she was exuding insecurity and none of them seemed to make her stand tall and proud and feel beautiful.  The first dress she tried on, she was saying that it was pretty and she liked it and I said to my husband "No way she's into that dress. She keeps pulling her arms up over her chest and stomach and can't stand still".  I thought her final dress looked heavy and the top didn't match the bottom, but if she finally became comfortable in it, then kudos to her.  Confidence a big part of the overall look, imo.

I thought for sure that Swaggy was going to be a pain, but I'm glad to see I was wrong. He was so sweet. So was she and gorgeous, too!  I thought all of the gowns looked great on her. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I thought for sure that Swaggy was going to be a pain, but I'm glad to see I was wrong. He was so sweet. So was she and gorgeous, too!  I thought all of the gowns looked great on her. 

She's a beautiful young lady who made all of those dresses look good, and kudos to Randy for telling her exactly that!   And thank goodness we had a no drama couple and entourage on the show.  No over-the-top antics from any of them.  It was a pleasant change from some of the ones we've been seeing.

As far as the Page Six bride, I liked the dress that she was comparing everything else to!  Was that a Pronovias?  I thought it looked really good on her.  It's too bad that she put so much pressure on herself to find the perfect dress.  I think that took the fun out of her dress shopping experience, but like she said, she makes her living judging other people, so I can understand her anxiety about picking a fabulous dress.  

• Love 1

I was watching the rerun marathon this morning, and I saw two things I wish this show would do more of : Randy was explaining to a mother who wanted a blindingly white dress for her daughter that "white" silk, a natural fiber, would never be as white as some other fabrics that perhaps were more synthetic,  and Vera was breaking the stitches on  a part of a dress and adding a little more fabric so the bride could move her arms more freely. I think shows that featured a little more  "instruction" about fabrics and decoration might even help brides to know what they might be shopping for. And a slow dress-buying season would be a perfect time to showcase the miracles that Vera and her team routinely work.  I'd love to see more about how they fix fitting problems.  Both of those things could have been incorporated into the shows we're supposed to be seeing now. It'd certainly be a better use of a viewer's time than putting clips from Cat Cora's 2018 store visit and wedding into what was supposed to be a new show. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I’m not going crazy — Cat Cora was a bride on SYTTD a few years ago, right?

Edited: Thanks, rur! Are we sure she was with the same partner?

Edited by Pj3422

We did get Cat Cora dress shopping a few years ago but I think the wedding footage was new. 

I think the show might have intended to show the Big Brother couple's wedding but it was set for May.  For obvious reasons, it didn't happen so I guess the fiance did see the dress on the show instead of the wedding.  (I know this because I was pretty sure this was a new show but I was confused by the Cat Cora footage so I went to see when the BB couple was engaged/married.)

They were a sweet, enjoyable couple and she couldn't go wrong with the dress.

I actually really liked the dress the Page Six woman picked out.  I was shocked it was a Pnina.  I'm never going to do the married/walk down the aisle in a white dress thing but if I did, I'd want pockets.  They never addressed the fact that the dress was 1,800 over her budget, though. 

1 hour ago, rur said:

And a slow dress-buying season would be a perfect time to showcase the miracles that Vera and her team routinely work.  

True but you can't film what you don't have since the store was closed for a while. They did talk a little about fabrics today when the Page Six bride tried on a crepe dress.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've read that being featured selecting a dress on the show means a 15% discount in price, the same as if you buy during a designer trunk show at the store.    At least I think 15% was what they said in the article, it's been a while.  

I loved the Big Brother dress.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, rur said:

And a slow dress-buying season would be a perfect time to showcase the miracles that Vera and her team routinely work.  I'd love to see more about how they fix fitting problems.  Both of those things could have been incorporated into the shows we're supposed to be seeing now.

I would love to see that too.  Those women are the unsung heroes of Kleinfeld!  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I would love to see that too.  Those women are the unsung heroes of Kleinfeld!  

They certainly are especially when we've seen some Bridezillas want major changes at the last minute. I would love a whole episode of "Trickiest Alterations" starring Vera and crew.

• Love 14

Speaking of the alterations footage, they haven't had any in the last couple seasons, have they?  It seems they've just been covering 2 brides' appointments, sometimes in an hour long format.  It used to be 2 appointments and 1 alterations segment in 1/2 hr.  (And a long while ago, it was 3 appointments and an alterations segment in 1/2 hour.)

• Love 7

My main question about the episode with”Swaggy,” who got kicked out before his bride showed the dress, is where does one get a sparkly metallic pantsuit like a member of her entourage was wearing?

I agree that this episode was better because it was devoid of obnoxious entourages.

• Love 1

I get a kick out of all their seamstresses being middle aged Eastern European women. They rarely touch on it, but it would be interesting if they talked about the true cost of a bridal ensemble. They only list the price of the dress but a bride is also paying tax on that dress (NYC tax is 8.875%), alterations, veil, and possibly headpiece. I remember in one episode there was a custom made veil that was $5000 all by itself. Those pretty, sparkly belts they push to jazz up a plainer gown are also $1000+. Let's say the bride gets a dress for $3000. That's $266.25 in tax, their alterations start at $400, and they pay, oh $500 for a veil. Looking at $1200-1500 on top of the dress. Also if they buy foundation garments specific to the dress style and shoes, that's a few hundred more.

Brides are wearing face masks designed to match their wedding dresses.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Alterations start at $400, but if the bride needs something changed by the designer, like bigger bodice cups, that is a lot of money, and not all designers do that.   I remember an athlete that was really tall, and only a few designers would make a long enough skirt for her.   Then if they want to change the bodice and the shirt between two gown, that's even more.    So the 'my budget is $$$$' quickly can be double or more when everything is added.  

• Useful 3

Dress number two was terrible, the over skirt didn't match or enhance, the slit and the train just did not work with the overskirt, the veil was too fussy, there was a lot going on there...how could anyone think that is an understated, elegant look appropriate for a society wedding?

Tennessee Snookie was too short for most of those dresses Randy selected, he usually is mindful about the scale of the dresses versus the brides height.

I just cannot get past the Kentucky bride's lips, so unnatural looking.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dress number two was terrible, the over skirt didn't match or enhance, the slit and the train just did not work with the overskirt, the veil was too fussy, there was a lot going on there...how could anyone think that is an understated, elegant look appropriate for a society wedding?

Tennessee Snookie was too short for most of those dresses Randy selected, he usually is mindful about the scale of the dresses versus the brides height.

I did not like either of the dresses for each bride.  To the Kentucky bride, I would've gone with the "less is more" motto.  She could've gotten a very beautiful and elegant dress without being over the top.  I didn't like the flowers on her shoulder, or anything else about the dress.  Of course she was going for an over the top look, so nothing less than gaudy would do. 

The Tennessee bride's dress was pretty, but I didn't think it looked that good on her.  I wish she would've tried on more dresses.  I think she was too caught up in her Kleinfeld moment. 

I didn't like the "recycled" dress very much until I saw the pictures of the bride at her wedding.  Alterations did a great job with it.  It was fun seeing Randy's face light up when he saw his dress from so many years ago.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't know what to look at first, the brides lips, her gay fiance or her mother's very odd hair and eye makeup!

You forgot the bride's boobs. I'm surprised sample size dresses fit her (them).

Did love the kismet of that bride having an original Randy dress. It was so sweet of the seamstress to surprise him.

• Love 9

I didn't like the Kentucky bride's dress much either.  I thought when they said they were going to giver her an overskirt, it might have covered up the to-the-crotch slit for the ceremony part but it ended up being a half overskirt (and I LOATHE these--I have never seen one I liked) which made the dress look even weirder. 

2 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Hate to tell the plastic Kentucky bride but royalty wouldn't be caught dead in that dress.

So true.  Both about the royalty and about the plastic.  So much plastic.  I was not surprised to learn she had spent so much time in Los Angeles. 

I did like her brother's reactions, though. 

As for Tennessee bride, I do think alternations will make that dress better.  I didn't love it but I don't think it was a bad choice.

The woman at the end wearing her stepmother's (but really mother's) dress was sweet.  The dress was very much of its time and yet somehow perfect.  It was my favorite dress of the episode.

• Love 10

Kentucky and Tennessee may be the two most artificial people to ever appear on the series. And I'm petty enough to be delighted their weddings have likely been sidelined by the pandemic. Didn't like their dresses either. For $32,000 Pnina could have done a better job camouflaging the zipper on that one.

Vintage Randy gown is super princessey. I'd be interested to see how he would update it.

• Love 8

Kentucky's dress was horrific.  I can't believe how high that skit was up her leg.  I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually preferred the $32,000 dress over this monstrosity.  Everything about that bride was fake fake fake!  

Tennessee was trying too hard to be a character with her personality.  Her skin tone was the same color as her hair - her whole appearance was just odd.  Maybe she should just get a Kleinfeld banner to wear since that seems to be her goal - a Kleinfeld dress...

Edited by Chellichik
  • Love 8

I felt like Tennessee didn't really love her dress she just loved that it was from Kleinfeld and she got to be on the show. I was worried for the dresses given how much fake tan she had on.

With Kentucky, I have never seen someone where the filler hasn't been just in the lips its been around the whole mouth to make it protrude. I think appliques can look nice on some dresses, the appliques on the one she chose looked super dated especially coming over the hands and then the flower on the shoulder made it look like a costume, Pnina really threw everything but the kitchen sink at that design.

The vintage Randy bride, seemed very sweet, I didn't love it when she was trying it on in the shop but after it was altered it looked stunning, very regal. I think they replaced the ribbons at the sleeve, they looked very cream in the shop but looked white and blended much better at the ceremony and made it look much fresher.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Kentucky and Tennessee may be the two most artificial people to ever appear on the series. And I'm petty enough to be delighted their weddings have likely been sidelined by the pandemic. Didn't like their dresses either. For $32,000 Pnina could have done a better job camouflaging the zipper on that one.

Vintage Randy gown is super princessey. I'd be interested to see how he would update it.

As Dolly Parton said, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap," must be Kentucky Bride's motto.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, maggiegil said:

I think appliques can look nice on some dresses, the appliques on the one she chose looked super dated especially coming over the hands and then the flower on the shoulder made it look like a costume, Pnina really threw everything but the kitchen sink at that design.

As soon as the Kentucky bride said "no limit" on the budget, Diane went for the tackiest dress in the store.  Money truly can't buy you class!  Diane should've pulled some better dresses.  Maybe they get a bigger commission from Pnina?

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought when they said they were going to giver her an overskirt, it might have covered up the to-the-crotch slit for the ceremony part but it ended up being a half overskirt (and I LOATHE these--I have never seen one I liked) which made the dress look even weirder. 

I agree.  The overskirt on top of a dress with an "up to there" slit didn't look good at all.  

• Love 7

I loved the vintage dress -- and then realized why . . . it looked VERY much like my dress (which was not a Randy Fenoli).  I was so happy to see a modern bride wear, and look great in, something that wasn't see-through, cut up to "there," showing way too much cleavage, strapless and plunging, backless  . . . 

It was a lovely dress and she looked lovely in it.  Also saved herself $$$$.

As for plastic bride, when she said the budget was unlimited, I knew we'd get unlimited Pnina.   Plastic meets plastic.  I'm sure Kleinfeld does make more from Pnina b/c her dresses are exclusive to their store.  The dress was trashy.  Her fiancé was weird, her dad was weird.  She was weird.  If that relationship makes it to the actual ceremony, I'll be shocked.  

I thought the dress on the TN bride was ok but think she should have tried on more.  This idea that you should try on 3 dresses and make your decision . . . for most women, this is the most important and most expensive dress they'll ever buy.  It's ok to take some time to decide and try on enough (within reason) to be confident in your decision.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't know what to look at first, the brides lips, her gay fiance or her mother's very odd hair and eye makeup!

That was absolutely Frenchie from Botched.  

• LOL 5