Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't know that he's taking away her agency per se. He's trying to save her from becoming Moira or Robert or Malcolm or himself. It's not that different than him stopping her from killing Slade.

Malcolm's already put her on the path to becoming him by having her kill Sara.  As Diggle said, once you start working with him, it's the first step on being him.

Malcolm not only killed Robert, who Thea thought was her father, but has tried to kill Oliver himself at least 4 times. He kidnapped Walter, who Thea looked on as a father, and terrorized Moira as well as killing Tommy and levelling the Glades. The idea that this is a good man for Thea to have in her life is just nuts, which Oliver appears to be at this point.

It's a strange time when Laurel and Thea make more sense than Oliver does.

Is it just me or does it look like they are trying to isolate Felicity into the ATOM storyline and remove her from the main story like they did with Laurel in S1?

I think they did that with Laurel in s2 because they didn't know what to do with her.  With Felicity and Ray, it's trying to build The Atom spin-off, and to a lesser extent, removing the moral conscience of the team so Oliver can be an idiot.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

Right, and what if the consequence for protecting Malcolm is Oliver dying? Again? Wouldn't that do more damage to Thea and her precious soul? Wouldn't she feel responsible for that too? AGH I cannot; this is so so stupid.

We don't yet know what the outcome will but maybe saving her soul will save actually end up saving her life. I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out before declaring this as more of Olivers stupidity.

This is what annoys me the most. This is nonsense. Once upon a time it would have been the three of them talking it out, but no, we can't have that. So, Felicity is nothing but angry these days. They're depicting her as the shrewd who has to have it her way, even if she's the only one making sense, while Diggle is the Bro! who listens to Oliver and offers his sage advices. What happened???

• Love 11

I look forward to Marc Guggenheim's next book: Writing for TV: How to Undermine a Love Interest and Fail at Romance.

Whatever, Brandon Routh is smoking hot and I'm just gonna look at him and enjoy the view. 

• Love 4

Why are they making this about saving Thea's soul instead of the fact that Malcolm has a video that shows that Thea killed Sara? Are they even going to mention this video that is the reason that Oliver challenged Ra's and almost died.

What I'm getting is, Oliver and Diggle v. Felicity. I don't want to watch that. Per DocBrown, Oliver spends time really explaining things to Diggle but not nearly as much to Felicity. Another episode of Oliver talking to everyone but Felicity. Felicity has bonding moments with creepy Ray were he is the only one to listen to her because of PLOT.

Maybe Oliver talks to Diggle because he is actually willing to listen to Oliver explain things, whereas lately Felicity isn't giving him a chance to explain himself.

• Love 5

Well if Quinton and Laurel were used the way they should be used, Malcolm would be arested, tried in court and true justice would determine him sent to be executed. And Oliver wouldn't have to worry about Thea not being able to get past being the reason her dad is dead. It would be justice for his crimes. Sending him to the LOA is about death. Similar fates but so different at the same time.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 6

So Oliver doesn't listen to Felicity about whether he should try to save the life of an evil megalomaniac who also happens to be his sister's biological father and Ray does listen to Felicity about taking a shower? Yeah, that's a fantastic comparison, right there.

This is why 50 Shades doesn't work. They're trying to make his issues something worth worrying about, but he honestly has no issues, other than his staggering creepiness, so they're left with him being open and trustworthy when there are no stakes involved whatsoever. And that's supposed to make Oliver look bad because he is more stubborn and bloody-minded about things that have very high stakes indeed.

Yeah, this show is so stupid that it's not even funny any more. It's just sad.

• Love 14

Ra's taking Malcolm solves all of their problems, so just...why? 

But it doesn't. Even if Malcolm arranged for Thea to kill Sara, per Malcolm's words to Oliver in The Climb, Ra's will still have it out for Thea since she fired the arrow --

Oliver: "I will tell Ra's this was you. That Thea was under your control."

Malcolm: "And he will still kill her. She fired the arrow."

So part of Oliver wanting to save Malcolm might be so Malcolm won't give Thea up to Ra's and the League. Hence saving her soul from either being killed or joining the League.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

The thing is - with Ray being seemingly the only one who values Felicity's opinion - that had she ASKED something of Oliver, like really verbalized her needs in a coherent manner, he would have done it.

"If you're asking, I'll do it."

But Felicity keeps suggesting things, not really saying anything outright. Now imagine her saying "I don't want you to work with Malcolm." - this could have lead to a genuine discussion, with follow-up questions like "why?" or "what do you suggest we do?". Instead, we have this rom-com pile of half-words, only this rom-com is not funny at all.

• Love 11

Sorry to change subject for a bit, but it sounds like Rila Fukushima just booked another gig, so I have a feeling Tatsu's time on this show will be coming to an end by the closing out of this season.  Normally, I could hold out hope she might just go somewhere else, with the door opened for possible returns.  But, with these guys?  Yeah, I'm putting my money on her being "tragically" killed off, to make Maseo cry and give Oliver even more manpain.  Probably won't even be about her; just more collateral damage, over a fight between two men.  That is how this show tends to roll, lately.

Meanwhile, I regret very much reading the rest of those spoilers.  The way this show pushes Creepy Ray as a good guy and Felicity's new boyfriend, is just, well, creepy.  Christ, they suck at romances on this show. 

• Love 5

Sorry to change subject for a bit, but it sounds like Rila Fukushima just booked another gig, so I have a feeling Tatsu's time on this show will be coming to an end by the closing out of this season.  Normally, I could hold out hope she might just go somewhere else, with the door opened for possible returns.  But, with these guys?  Yeah, I'm putting my money on her being "tragically" killed off, to make Maseo cry and give Oliver even more manpain.  Probably won't even be about her; just more collateral damage, over a fight between two men.  That is how this show tends to roll, lately.

ugh Katana is supposed to be a major hero and her HUSBAND is going to die. If they do it the opposite away I'll be pissed off. IF RIla got a better role I don't mind if she leaves, don't killer off though. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

But it doesn't. Even if Malcolm arranged for Thea to kill Sara, per Malcolm's words to Oliver in The Climb, Ra's will still have it out for Thea since she fired the arrow --

Oliver: "I will tell Ra's this was you. That Thea was under your control."

Malcolm: "And he will still kill her. She fired the arrow."

So part of Oliver wanting to save Malcolm might be so Malcolm won't give Thea up to Ra's and the League. Hence saving her soul from either being killed or joining the League.

I thought I replied to this, but I guess I didn't? 

Anyway, the only way Ra's would know that Thea fired that Arrow is if Malcolm tells him. He doesn't know yet (as far as we know, unless that's part of the twist), and Ra's was after Malcolm way before Malcolm set Thea up to kill Sara, so if he reveals Thea after he's already gotten caught to get out of punishment that he's already got coming to him, then he's a bigger POS than I thought, and that makes Oliver doubly stupid for ever trusting him. 

The video could be the reason he goes, but DR's comments about knowing that Thea couldn't handle losing both parents and Oliver wanting to "save her soul" make it seem like the motivator isn't the threat of the video (although I very much hope that it's a factor). 

• Love 1

killing Slade.

Malcolm's already put her on the path to becoming him by having her kill Sara.  As Diggle said, once you start working with him, it's the first step on being him.

In the case of Malcolm using Thea to kill Sara, she had no knowledge of that so to me that is not the same thing as Thea choosing to do something more that could possibly corrupt her soul further because at this point it's her choice to kill Malcolm. It's like Thea was possessed at the time and could not be held liable for her actions.  Here, she would be making a conscious decision to kill Malcolm.

We're reopening the Spoiler Discussion topic now. The decision to lock it was made after the four of us discussed the repetitive posts. We understand you feel passionate about this show, but posting essentially the same thing over and over is not the purpose of the Spoiler Discussion topic.  Going forward, posts may disappear if the mods judge that a poster or posters are bringing nothing new to the discussion. If you have questions, please PM us.

As before, please take the Spoilers themselves to the SPOILERS ONLY topic. Please use (links, pictures and quotes that cover spoilers for upcoming episodes). This thread is for discussion only. Links will be deleted without warning. Thanks!

Okay so the main game changer in 3.15 is Ra's wanting Oliver to become him. LOl! The other game changers is Team Arrow being in disarray once again and beginning new relationships.  Is it safe to assume the game changer in 3.18 is Oliver deciding he's not going to be the next Ra's and extended Team Arrow and friends coming back together?  If so, how original (sarcasm). The Justice League or whatever begins! 

Edited by Sunshine

I feel like Oliver has to turn Ra's down almost immediately (and it seems like he will based on what Ra's said to him about his city hating him or whatever in the preview) in order for Ra's to make his life a living hell for a sufficient amount of time this season. We've only got 8 eps left, Ra's needs to get to destroying some Oliver Queen!

I feel like Oliver has to turn Ra's down almost immediately (and it seems like he will based on what Ra's said to him about his city hating him or whatever in the preview) in order for Ra's to make his life a living hell for a sufficient amount of time this season. We've only got 8 eps left, Ra's needs to get to destroying some Oliver Queen!

You know, I think you're right although I think Oliver is going to seriously consider the offer based on the promo.

Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) bond over their issues with their fathers and Nyssa make Laurel an offer.

Are you fucking kidding me? I think we all know what the offer's going to be - training or whatever, but I don't want to hear a single, solitary criticism of Quentin from his lying, horrible daughter who's been lying to him for months. 

• Love 8

I think it's more likely Ra's will give Oliver some time to consider but after Oliver says no, that's when the destroying Oliver Queen will begin for real. By then the shunned Arrow will probably have Buckles, Arsenal and possibly even Phony Stark to help out. Oh joy. (Thea might help too, in some way.)

And the spoiler about Nyssa making Laurel an offer - obviously of the Hey you're not Sara but I can totes train two Lance sisters sort - makes me laugh and shake my head because this show has become stupidly predictable.

• Love 3

Laurel and Sara really share everything huh? 

I don't understand Laurel and Nyssa bonding over daddy issues. Shouldn't there be common ground to bond over? Just no.

Oliver brings back Malcolm to recover with Thea. Where they will bond too. Sigh

• Love 1

Not until Nyssa teaches her how to get someone in a proper choke hold and then lets her go and they kiss a lil bit.

I think it's more likely Ra's will give Oliver some time to consider but after Oliver says no, that's when the destroying Oliver Queen will begin for real. By then the shunned Arrow will probably have Buckles, Arsenal and possibly even Phony Stark to help out. Oh joy. (Thea might help too, in some way.)

Well, I meant "almost immediately" as he would make his decision during the ep. :) But you're totally right. 

• Love 2

Creepy new villain, Oliver/Thea/Malcolm bonding (why???), Laurel/Nyssa bonding.  I read the write-up for The Offer, and there's not a single thing in it that makes we want to watch. 

Way to promote your show, EPs.

• Love 5

Regarding the extended promo I just posted, I love that Ra's let Oliver go and take Malcolm with him despite the fact that Oliver obviously didn't give him an answer about being his "heir" yet. I know it's the kind of thing you need to sleep on, but as a villain you should never give someone time to think on that. I wonder if he laid out some kind of consequences if Oliver said no? Maybe the whole thing about his city turning on him was a promise and not just a list of pros for becoming the next Ra's that he was reading off of a white board?

So are they really going to redeem malcolm? It seems like it with the Thea/Malcolm bonding.

Also, is that Roy using a gun? Odd.

Anyway imo it's obvious Oliver won't accept the Oliver so it all seems like filler

• Love 1

Maybe Ras will get an invite to the wedding too.... He can be Oliver's +1. And Nyssa can be LL +1. It will be a family affair. No wonder Amanda Waller will wanna crash it, her invite probably go lost in the mail. It'll be like Maleficent storming in during Sleeping Beauty. Id laugh it she brings along a cackling laugh with her.

In all seriousness though, I think the writers should actually have OQ consider taking the LoA job. Clearly, they are bored with writing his journey to GA - this might be a way to actually write some interesting plots. I do not think I would mind watching him train under Ras, a few dips in the hot tubs, long talks on snowy mountaintops. I mean the jealous stares from Nyssa & MM would be worth it. Otherwise, the game-changing offer is just an obnoxious tease & waste of time.

• Love 10

In all seriousness though, I think the writers should actually have OQ consider taking the LoA job. Clearly, they are bored with writing his journey to GA - this might be a way to actually write some interesting plots. I do not think I would mind watching him train under Ras, a few dips in the hot tubs, long talks on snowy mountaintops. I mean the jealous stares from Nyssa & MM would be worth it. Otherwise, the game-changing offer is just an obnoxious tease & waste of time.

I agree. Let's go all in. I mean, Oliver was a terrible mentor to Roy, but he's so much better now, right? I'm sure Oliver's capable of running the LOA, deciding who should be assassinated and which cities need to burn to cleanse them of their sins. Yep, totally logical. 

• Love 2

I agree. Let's go all in. I mean, Oliver was a terrible mentor to Roy, but he's so much better now, right? I'm sure Oliver's capable of running the LOA, deciding who should be assassinated and which cities need to burn to cleanse them of their sins. Yep, totally logical. 

No he would probably suck at running it. But that's never mattered before. I just feel that the writers should at least commit to something. I mean they seem to make all these big cliffhangers & game changers only to back pedal the next episode. Have some conviction. Its only a game changer if it actually changes the game. Its only a cliffhanger, if Im actually in suspense about how it will turn out. For example, when they "killed" him, I knew he was not really dead but I was honestly in suspense about how long they would take to bring him back to life. I was hoping for longer than an episode. There was no return on my suspense investment. I had wasted all that time stressing about it over the hiatus. So now every time they scream gc or ch or epic, I know to not expect much. I really do want to have jaw-dropping moments of insanity on the show again like s1&2, not stupidity like s3. If OQ has to go completely dark, Im game. Heck, lets just push it further and have him not come out of it until s4.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 7

Airing March 18 at 8/7c on The CW, "The Offer" episode of "Arrow" will start to look at how the characters take the news of Ra's offer to Oliver, including how his daughter, Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law), feels about it.

“I think Nyssa’s journey going forward is going to be really interesting, just because she was so dead set on who she was, what she was going to be… how she laid out her future for herself and then everything’s been thrown up in the air,” Katrina said. “She’s no longer heir to the demon, she no longer has her lover, who I’m sure she was thinking about keeping around forever. So she’s essentially, at this point in the story, lost everything, and I think for the first time in her life she is vulnerable and she feels weak and she feels useless and doesn’t know where she stands or who she is at the moment and I think it’s very jarring for her because she’s never had to go through that ever, in any capacity in her life before. So, you’re gonna see Nyssa trying to figure out who she is and what she stands for now.”

Yeah, the only thing I'm remotely interested in is Nyssa's journey.  At least she's remained in character. 

I don't understand Laurel and Nyssa bonding over daddy issues. Shouldn't there be common ground to bond over? Just no.

Oliver brings back Malcolm to recover with Thea. Where they will bond too. Sigh

Maybe Nyssa is Laurel's new love interest too.  TPTB do love their sister swapping. 

Actually what the Nyssa spoilers tell me is that she would have made a hell of a Black Canary, picking up where Sara left off, just darker.  Now that might have been interesting.  If one of the upcoming twists and game changing events makes this happen I will bow at MG feet and kiss his toes. 

• Love 7

Maybe Nyssa is Laurel's new love interest too.  TPTB do love their sister swapping. 

Perhaps they're on the last-ditch attempt to find someone who has chemistry with Katie Cassidy?  Given that Katrina Law could have chemistry with a piece of 2x4 it may yet happen.

• Love 2

Perhaps they're on the last-ditch attempt to find someone who has chemistry with Katie Cassidy?  Given that Katrina Law could have chemistry with a piece of 2x4 it may yet happen.

I hope not... if only because the sister-swapping and Laurel getting everything that Sara had would be a little too much for me. I dont put it past these writers, I just hope not. I think they should bring a new person in for season 4 that has chemistry w/ KC. Or if BR sticks around why not have him go for her when things end with Felicity.

But I do think it would be cool to have Nyssa train LL, training under same fighting methods might be a way to honor her sister's memory without being too creepy. Bonus, could make fight scenes better in future eps.

So are they really going to redeem malcolm? It seems like it with the Thea/Malcolm bonding.

Wait. Where are you getting that Thea and Malcolm will be bonding? The episode description said that Thea comes to terms about her issues, or something like that, with her father when Oliver brings Malcolm back to the Loft. And I'm pretty sure that's Thea's hand with a stake (since the show likes to "borrow" from other superhero shows, I guess Thea will be Buffy!) coming towards a beat-up Malcolm on the couch. Maybe she doesn't forgive him for using her and Thea stays strong about never again being Malcolm's daughter? Maybe Thea will be on the road to taking back her agency and growing far away from Malcolm's BS?

I'm kidding myself, I know. After all, this season of Arrow is doubling down on as many stupid plots as they can think of.

• Love 1

On the one hand, I agree that Katrina Law can have chemistry with anything.  I mean, she was actually making work with a barred cell.  On the other hand, I have seen KC dampen the charisma of the likes of Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards, and John F'ing Barrowman.  I am beginning to suspect that she may in fact be the chemistry version of a heat sink.

But I do think it would be cool to have Nyssa train LL, training under same fighting methods might be a way to honor her sister's memory without being too creepy. Bonus, could make fight scenes better in future eps.

I think you may be right.  But I resent any good things given to or effort on behalf of Laurel. I'm petty.

• Love 5

I'm convinced that there'll be a half-joking "justice league" reference in an episode near or at the end of this season.  Since the show returned in January, there are four taglines using the word "justice" so far:

•  "I"m the justice you can't run from."  (3x10 dialogue line by Laurel)

• "Justice is the new black."  (3x11 video promo and 3x13 tweet promo)

• "Justice has a new face in Starling City."  (ArrowCW tweet on Feb. 19 to promote Atom debut in 3x15)

• "Vengeance is justice."  (3x15 dialogue line by Nyssa)

Here we go - yet another use of the word "justice"...

• "There is more than one path to justice." (3x16 dialogue line by Oliver, from the extended video promo)

Also used in 3x16 tweet promo:

Arrow @CW_Arrow  ·  4h 4 hours ago

There is more than one path to justice. #Arrow returns with all new episodes Wednesday, Mar. 18!

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow

Edited by tv echo

So here's what I'm thinking: I always figured that Oliver was going to turn Ra's offer down and that Ra's was going to rain down hellfire on him, but what if Ra's rains down hellfire on him in order to get him to accept his offer? And Oliver actually does it - that's the business with the suit change? Then I'm guessing Ra's is going to get inside jobbed by Oliver or something, so the "only the student can defeat the master" BS actually comes true. 

Then Ra's can come back at a later date to get his revenge or something.

Except that doesn't really do much for the Oliver Queen v. Arrow BS identity crisis they're selling this year, and it's not like Oliver can go to the League and make them a bunch of do-gooders who don't kill. But it would get him out of Starling City so they could have their own little Justice League (sans Arrow, until he gets his head on straight or whatever) - maybe that's what SA was talking about when he said that the number of heroes in the city influences how he feels about things at the end of the season? Maybe he gives up Arrow AND Oliver Queen? 

It's a ridiculous theory, but this show is getting ridiculous, so...

• Love 4

I think it's very possible that he will accept the offer, at some point, for at least a little while. Maybe after he gets arrested in 318? If he feels like there's no chance for him to have any kind of life now anyway? That feels a little late to still pull out of this and end the season on a high-note for Oliver, but I wouldn't put it past them to pack that all into the last five episodes. It could also be the reason for that one quote about Oliver vs. Ray in 319 (I think that was the episode that was referenced), and how their different approaches would be very clear. Like, Oliver will have basically given up on a life by then or something. I don't want this, but I think it's possible.

And if Oliver does do this, and then somehow takes Ra's down from the inside, and then turns the LOA over to Nyssa...that will make me really unhappy. The women on this show need to take their agency back on their own--not via Oliver, or any other dude. Thea should be the one to defeat Malcolm. Nyssa should be the the one to defeat Ra's. Felicity should be the one to defeat Ray. :) A Lazarus-Pitted Sara should be the one to defeat Laurel. :) :) :)

• Love 4

Why shouldn't he accept the offer? By the sounds of it, his life in Starling City is crap, his friends don't care about him and the woman he loves doesn't reciprocate. Seems like a fresh start is just what he could do with. I might actually watch a show about Oliver trying to reform the LoA into some do-gooding band of loveable misfits.

• Love 9

Why shouldn't he accept the offer? By the sounds of it, his life in Starling City is crap, his friends don't care about him and the woman he loves doesn't reciprocate. Seems like a fresh start is just what he could do with. I might actually watch a show about Oliver trying to reform the LoA into some do-gooding band of loveable misfits.

Plot Twist: That's the spinoff they're really going for.

• Love 5

Well, Arrow's version of the LOA is already pretty lame at actually assassinating people. So a change in direction might actually work our for them.

Edited by Sakura12

Well, since we have at least two more "game-changer" episodes coming up (318 and 319), what if one of the game-changers is that ARGUS is the big bad of the season - and the finale is an Oliver/LOA versus ARGUS showdown?  

That could put Oliver and Diggle on opposite sides (since Lyla is part of ARGUS).  Crazy - but apparently crazy is what the EPs are going for this season.

Edited by tv echo

Yeah, the League of Assassins does seem to be pretty sad at the assassinating part of their job title, so hiring a guy who refuses to kill probably wouldn't make them any worse at this point. They'd just change their name to the Green League or something and that's where Oliver gets the idea from.

• Love 2

maybe ra's is using oliver to pull nyssa out of her sara/merlyn fank. the girl is fierce, but her head is still all about her beloved, and that isn't a mind set of a leader of anything, let alone a homicidal organization. ra's could be infuriating her to pit her against oliver and reawaken her desire to be the heir. and if she fails, well he has his single white male to replace him.

Edited by tanita

Is it safe to assume the game changer in 3.18 is Oliver deciding he's not going to be the next Ra's and extended Team Arrow and friends coming back together?

What if the game changer is the exact opposite? That Oliver is so fed up and annoyed with Felicity, his ex-Team, Laurel, Thea, Ray and Quentin that he DOES decide that he is going to be the next Ra's. I could even imagine that S3 ends right there: with Oliver in Nanda Parbat as new "Heir to the Demon" or even as "The Demon's Head" himself.

In that case, BTW, Arrow's Batman rip off wouldn't be complete, because there would be this special twist that Oliver Queen - unlike Bruce Wayne - actually accepts Ra's offer.

Furthermore, this would give them a lot of material for S4: How are Thea, Felicity, Diggle, Roy and Laurel going to get Oliver back to Starling City and into the Green Hood?

• Love 2

What if the game changer is the exact opposite? That Oliver is so fed up and annoyed with Felicity, his ex-Team, Laurel, Thea, Ray and Quentin that he DOES decide that he is going to be the next Ra's. I could even imagine that S3 ends right there: with Oliver in Nanda Parbat as new "Heir to the Demon" or even as "The Demon's Head" himself.

In that case, BTW, Arrow's Batman rip off wouldn't be complete, because there would be this special twist that Oliver Queen - unlike Bruce Wayne - actually accepts Ra's offer.

Furthermore, this would give them a lot of material for S4: How are Thea, Felicity, Diggle, Roy and Laurel going to get Oliver back to Starling City and into the Green Hood?

Why would they need him back? Laurel is a badass vigilante, Ray has his dime store Iron Man costume, Diggle is really good at standing around in the lair. Seems like they're set to carry on without Oliver Queen. Hell, why not just add a couple more badly reimagined, minor DC characters to their low rent Justice League team, and actually make Oliver the villain for season 4.

There, that should effectively kill this stinking pustule of a show. But honestly, if Oliver and Nyssa were villainous buds, I'd at least watch their scenes on youtube or something, because both actors bring it. Imagine the disparity between them as villains and Laurel and Ray as the heroes. I almost want to see it happen, just for the absolute hilarity of it.

• Love 9

I'm convinced that all this "only the student can defeat the master" BS means that Oliver is going to take Ra's offer, learn from him, and then beat him that way. Although why they'd off him as a villain at this point in the show I don't know, unless they plan on bringing him back for vengeance later, or Oliver does something stupid like put Malcolm in charge of things.

• Love 1

[...] what if Ra's rains down hellfire on him in order to get him to accept his offer? And Oliver actually does it - that's the business with the suit change? Then I'm guessing Ra's is going to get inside jobbed by Oliver or something, so the "only the student can defeat the master" BS actually comes true. 

Then Ra's can come back at a later date to get his revenge or something.

Except that doesn't really do much for the Oliver Queen v. Arrow BS identity crisis they're selling this year, [...]

IMO you are exactly right, @apinknightmare! Regarding the "Oliver Queen vs Arrow" issues, I think that Oliver's joining the League and becoming the new "Heir to the Demon" or even "The Demon's Head" IS related to the question of his identity: As the leader of the LoA, Oliver would be something like an "improved" (more efficient, powerful, as well as invincible and [almost] immortal) version of the "Arrow": a "hero"/ vigilante who dedicates himself 100% to his cause without any human ties/ relationships of love or friendship that would "distract", "weaken"or "hinder" him in his endeavors... Maybe we are yet to see an Oliver that entirely gives up on his humanity. Maybe S3 turns out to be about Oliver choosing to be this new kind of Arrow... May guess is S3 will turn out to be a tragedy (similar to "Star Wars Episode 3" that ended with Anakin Skywalker turning into Darth Vader)... By this I mean that S3 will turn out to be a piece that is planned and designed as a tragedy. (There are also many plot points and portions of the writing that are tragical in a different sense... without the EPs intending nor realizing this...).

• Love 1