Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Cupcake04 said:

Well if you pair it with Timberlands and awful hair, it doesnt matter that its custom made Siriano, it looks like shit!  imo of coirse!

I don't like her dress, but what's wrong with her hair?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cupcake04 said:

Well if you pair it with Timberlands and awful hair, it doesnt matter that its custom made Siriano, it looks like shit!  imo of coirse!

That's Whoppi's thing. She's always wearing kooky shoes and even has her own line of quirky socks that she designs. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but she's not a Nicole Kidman or Viola Davis - you can't compare her to the women who actually try to look glam. She's more of a Bjork - just be glad she shows up wearing clothing and not random objects glued to her body! :P

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I watching E news and who is that skinny woman in the black dress who looks like a witch?

On the panel?   She is the former editor of some teen fashion magazine (don't remember her name or the magazine's).

Jennifer Garner looks different - way more 'va va voom' than she has recently. I think she also dropped a bunch of weight (not that she wasn't always thin, it's just that before she had a more athletic build). Whatever it is, she looks great and confident and happy. Good for her!

• Love 4

Margot Robbie's dress looks like it comes with a bunch of accessories so you can dress it up or down. Here's the tinsel drapery for the red carpet. Here;s the big sun hat and towel for the beach. Here's the reflective tape for running at night. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On the panel?   She is the former editor of some teen fashion magazine (don't remember her name or the magazine's).

Thanks.  I haven't read a teen magazine in ohhh...about 40 years. ; )

• Love 1

unpopular opinion: I love Margot's dress, but I hate that hair. She does it a lot, and while cute for a casual look, is too simple and flat for this setting.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

J. Garner looked gorgeous! I'd forgotten how much I loved her orange dress from a few years ago.

She does look gorgeous, but I thought it was funny she talked about the orange dress by saying she doesn't usually like asymmetrical stuff....when her current dress was asymmetrical.

There hasn't been a ton of color this year.

1 minute ago, NowVoyager said:

I'm mad some folks are seeing looks before I do. Like Jennifer Garner. I'm watching E! Are you guys watching ABC?

I am. E! stops doing interviews an hour before the show starts and just blabs about fashion while showing video.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Here is the order in which the awards will be presented tonight, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Supporting Actor will be first; Supporting Actress will be 9th, after Best Foreign Film; Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, & Best Picture will be the final 4.

• Love 1

Timothee looks like he's in a bad rental. Is that linen? this is not the time for a loose fabric. He's been very stylish lately so I don't get this choice. 

Armie Hammer's suit looks much better because of course it does on that frame. But I'm not into the red velvet with the bowtie. He looks like a waiter. 

• Love 1
Just now, Browncoat said:

OMG, interviewer girl in green on ABC, STFU.

LOL. Thats the mom on The Goldbergs!  I love her but how in the hell did she end up with this gig???  RIP Joan Rivers I miss you more every year!

• Love 2
Just now, Browncoat said:

OMG, interviewer girl in green on ABC, STFU.

Wasn't she in Bridesmaids? She looks like the mom with the horny sons who kept bitching about how gross they were. 

I actually miss the interviewers asking who each person is wearing. I always liked to know, so I could make a mental note to myself that if I ever make millions, I'll know which designers to hit up. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

Is anyone interviewing Doug Jones? He should really get credit for his work since that's a part of the industry that usually isn't highlighted. 

Giuliana on E! interviewed him for about 10 minutes around 6 p.m.  Maybe the E! website will have it up at some point.

3 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

Here is the order in which the awards will be presented tonight, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Supporting Actor will be first; Supporting Actress will be 9th, after Best Foreign Film; Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, & Best Picture will be the final 4.

Thanks for that link.  This Sorkinite was hoping that Adapted Screenplay would be a bit earlier in the evening.  Sometimes they give out one of the writing awards fairly early on.  Not tonight.  :(