Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, maraleia said:

How many people here are irritated at the almost substance free red carpet interviews? I do like that some actors are answering inane questions with on point commentary a la Taraji.

Desperately annoyed. Taraji and Janelle were refreshing for this reason. I'm not saying you have to get political or say something profound, but something other than generic, scripted question #3, and the guest giving the same stock, soulless answer they've given 280 times before. You can tell some of these folks are trying REALLY hard to appear enthused, but given that most of them are actors, I expect better performances!

• Love 3

Looking at Emma, and while I wish she would wear a brighter color instead of gold, makes me wish Nicole's hair was red instead of blonde if she were also going to wear that color dress.

Oh my God shut up Walmart I truly do not care about your series of advertising about receipts.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Casey, they're called a comb and a razor.  Learn how to use both, please. 

Casey did say it was for a role he's currently working on. He did acknowledge he knows it's not a good look but he has to have it until the movie's finished.

• Love 5

Nicole's dress looks almost like a throwback to that chartreause couture one she wore in the 90's that got so much attention - think it was Dior. Similar neckline and shape.

Edited by Sugar
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Casey, they're called a comb and a razor.  Learn how to use both, please. 

I remember him saying after the SAG awards that he's all shaggy for a role. But yes, that doesn't mean he can't comb his hair in the meantime.

Ruth Negga has the perfectly shaped head for the headband/haircut she has going on.  She looks so demure.

Also the blue ACLU ribbon is the perfect accessory for any outfit.

Wait this shindig doesn't start until 8:30? Ugh I thought it was 8.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Nicole's dress looks almost like a throwback to that chartreause couture one she wore in the 90's that got so much attention - think it was Dior. Similar neckline and shape.

The Tom years.  He demanded she be perfectly dressed, and she almost always was.  Keith just doesn't care as much!  *LOL*

• Love 2

Emma Stone wins points with me for having an actual hair style.  Seems the majority of the women got their hair done in the back of the limo on the way to the ceremony.  There are way too many messy hairdos, that sort of half up, half down thing

Question - will tonight's In Memoriam segment be the longest ever?  Should I add an extra 30 minutes or an extra hour to my DVR recording? Do we think it ends with Debbie Reynolds? 

I've loved Nicole since she was on Letterman years ago promoting Moulin Rouge.  This was like, days after Tom started the divorce, and she just seemed shell-shocked, but still got a "At least I can wear heels now."

That got a huge round of applause.

• Love 10

Ugh Robin Roberts is it really necessary is talk about Keith Urban and his acm nominations? This is the Oscar's and his wife is nominated he's here to support her.

I'm not really sure why this bothers me it just struck me as kind of tacky. 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 1
Just now, ebk57 said:

And I was about to say how much I liked it.

I need to go pour the wine now.

Wait you haven't started the wine yet?  What are you waiting for?

It's ok that we are on opposite sides, I mean a Yankee and an Oriole?  It would be like cats and dogs!

• Love 1

I would prefer to see light lipstick on those who are wearing the nude or very light color dresses.  The bright red lips just don't look good.   They are like seeing a discarded coke can in the woods.  

Just now, starri said:

"At least I can wear heels now."

LOL!  Good for her.  I still don't like her all that much.  

• Love 2

The Tom years.  He demanded she be perfectly dressed, and she almost always was.  Keith just doesn't care as much!  *LOL*

I had the same thought about Keith as he was standing there next to her in heels. LOL

• Love 1

It's possible I'm reading into it, but whenever style mavens add an overweight woman to their best dressed lists, it feels like a pandering lie.

I adore Octavia Spencer but that bulky feathered skirt is doing her no favors.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, shoregirl said:

Ugh Robin Roberts is it really necessary is talk about Keith Urban and his acm nominations? This is the Oscar's and his wife is nominated he's here to support her.  

Nicole had just made a 'don't ignore my husband gesture' trying to bring him into the conversation before Robin did that so I think that it was fine.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Wait you haven't started the wine yet?  What are you waiting for?

It's ok that we are on opposite sides, I mean a Yankee and an Oriole?  It would be like cats and dogs!

It's a long evening.  I'm trying to pace myself.  Which is so unlike me...

(I spent the afternoon watching Spring Training games with teams I don't care about.  It was grand!!!)

• Love 5