Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Chris Evans might have words with whoever it is that reminded everyone he use to be the Human Torch.  To be fair, he was actually one of the best things about those Fantastic Four films.

Chris Evans was a great Human Torch although since becoming Captain American, no one remembers that.

• Love 8

Chris Evans might have words with whoever it is that reminded everyone he use to be the Human Torch.  To be fair, he was actually one of the best things about those Fantastic Four films.

If he had been paired with Michael B Jordan, I would enjoyed that.  "Don't worry, there are better Marvel characters ahead for you." 

• Love 2

I don't see the problem with Mad Max winning most of these if you actually look at each category individually, that was the only movie the entire year that actually improved/innovated and changed how those particular departments work and operate as opposed to doing the best that was possible given what was universally acknowledged as possible within those departments.

• Love 8

Question: Has Andy Serkis ever appeared in a movie where he was actually himself?  That's what I was asking myself as I watched the clip that preceded him coming on stage.

Wasn't he in one of those magician movies? The Prestige or Illusionist? Like as a normal human person?

Question: Has Andy Serkis ever appeared in a movie where he was actually himself?  That's what I was asking myself as I watched the clip that preceded him coming on stage.

Yes, 13 Going on 30 :) and he was very cute in it

• Love 9

Okay. Totally don't get Olivia Munn. What's her deal?

She's getting ready to play a X-Man in her next film.  I actually did like her a lot in The Newsroom, but I admit that a lot of her success is probably because she's good-looking and has a general knowledge of sci-fi stuff, which got her some "geek cred."

Star Wars droids for the wins!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1
wallflower75, on 28 Feb 2016 - 8:58 PM, said:

He was in a movie where he played the boyfriend of Myra Hindley.

I don't understand the intro music. Is there a reason behind all this old music being played?

First time I've heard Kevin Hart use his inside voice and it wasn't horrible. He really is trying to be host next year isn't he? Of course that would guarantee I wouldn't watch.

Edited by jah1986
  • Love 1

She's getting ready to play a X-Man in her next film. I actually did like her a lot in The Newsroom, but I admit that a lot of her success is probably because she's good-looking and as a general knowledge of sci-fi stuff, which got her some "geek cred"

I only know her as Green Bay Packers' QB, Aaron Rodgers' girlfriend. I didn't know she had geek cred. I have never seen her in anything.

Not sure if Chris Rock was joking or not, but I can't totally see Leo not being down with the Girl Scout Cookies.  Not saying he hates kids, but Leo strikes me as someone who would be all "Cookie are unhealthy!!  You know what the Girl Scouts should be selling?  Celery!  And Carrots!  Support nature, kids!!!"

• Love 3