Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So I've read various articles about why it's a champagne carpet this year and it's come down to transitioning from day to night.  I mean, huh!  I don't think any of us have watched this going red carpet!!? That can only be used for NIGHT Events! For shame!

I'm not against changes but this seems like a weird place to go especially with so many of the dresses matching.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Who is this Ashley person on ABC, and what the hell is she wearing?

That was exactly what I said.  And I guess something's wrong with my TV, because it looks like Angela's wearing blue to me, not purple.

Edited to add: WTF is Florence Pugh wearing????

Edited by wallflower75
  • Like 1

I just saw Emily Blunt's dress.  I do not like the weird sleeves trend -- sleeves that aren't attached, but aren't gloves, though they almost look like long gloves.  But Emily does look great, despite the sleeve things.

And there's Keith Urban, looking as greasy as ever.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Ashley Graham; she's probably the most well-known plus size model. That outfit is a disaster. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

5 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

That was exactly what I said.  

I was just trying to figure out what if anything to post about her. I’m really not up on all the celebrities so I don’t know if I should recognize her. But her outfit seems to consist of a fairly modest swimsuit, one that I might actually wear, plus random additions of various sparkly or textured overlays. So it’s not like it’s too revealing, really, but just a bit puzzling. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

Ashley Graham; she's probably the most well-known plus size model. That outfit is a disaster. 

So are her interview skills.  That interview with Hugh Grant was awful!

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I was expecting more from Ana DeArmas. She's so beautiful, but I think she looks kind of plain tonight. 

I like her dress but she could have done more with her hair.

Michelle looks fabulous, though I did have the foolish hope she’d wear the EEAAO golden gown.

• Like 3

I will never understand the see through dress style. It feels like either the designer forgot to add lining or the wearer forgot to look in the mirror. Also no one, NO ONE, looks good in this style so I don't understand why it continues to last.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I love Emily Blundt's dress and the earrings are gorgeous!

It's nice that E! provided sign language interpreters, but it would be nice if they made sure the camera was on them at all times. 

I don’t think they are an E! thing. There is an ASL live stream through oscars.com. I think the networks are just occasionally catching them on screen. 

15 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Edited to add: WTF is Florence Pugh wearing????

I know. I saw that and I said, Oh no! The shorts thing I just can't like
I don't usually watch the red carpet shows but I am watching some today. I think I liked Ariana DeBose's dress the best and Emily Blunt's was classy and simple.

Edited by Valny

Her questions were superficial.  She could have asked him about something other than his three seconds in The Glass Onion.  I thought he dismissed her.  

Not very genteel of him, but also not surprising.  

Just now, Phebemarie said:

Her questions were superficial.  She could have asked him about something other than his three seconds in The Glass Onion.  I thought he dismissed her.  

Anyone else think he was referring to the novel Vanity Fair, not the magazine?

• Like 3

I caught the tail end of something on the radio a couple hours ago saying so and so was supposed to present tonight, I think they said with Harrison Ford, but whoever it is has covid. Anyone know who that would be? Just curious. I love Harrison so it caught my ear.

2 minutes ago, Eureka said:

I caught the tail end of something on the radio a couple hours ago saying so and so was supposed to present tonight, I think they said with Harrison Ford, but whoever it is has covid. Anyone know who that would be? Just curious. I love Harrison so it caught my ear.

Glenn Close.  They were doing an Air Force One reunion, but she's got COVID.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, Phebemarie said:

Kind of funny when she asked him who he was wearing and his said, I don't know I forget - I guess my tailor. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

The questions all the interviewers ask all the actors are superficial. Most manage to play along and give polite answers.

It's the Oscars, they are kind of all about superficialness.

• Like 5
Just now, Browncoat said:

Key Huy Quan is so cute -- he's like a big kid.

And I'm not a fan of Halle Berry's look.  I don't like the brown flowers.

The flowers are a No for me as well. 

I heard Tom Cruise won't be attending tonight. He went to the Luncheon but maybe the scientology jokes annoyed him. 

• LOL 2
Just now, ShadowHunter said:

I heard Tom Cruise won't be attending tonight. He went to the Luncheon but maybe the scientology jokes annoyed him. 

If he's not there it's just because he doesn't expect to win for producing Top Gun. If he thought/thinks there's the slightest chance of winning he'd be there.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

If he's not there it's just because he doesn't expect to win for producing Top Gun. If he thought/thinks there's the slightest chance of winning he'd be there.

Watch, now the movie will win.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1