Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I feel like his name has been mentioned too many times here today.  You're all summoning him!  Wardrobe is probably pressing his best mini-Hefner smoking jacket and ascot as we speak! 

• Love 13

WTF, so Felicia (!!!) is allowed to come to the wedding, but not allowed to speak?  Yet there's plenty of time for the bride and groom to gush all over Sonny, Carly, and Jason, including Robin lying and saying that Carly's a good person?  HATE!

On a more positive note, OMG, I heart Mac so.  Him officiating the ceremony?  That awesome hug between him and Robin?  Capital L LOVE!

Tracy speaks for me - what the fuck is taking Rebecca Budig so long?  Girl, he tried to have you murdered!

A chill ran through my spine when Laura and Tracy were talking about Luke.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

Oh the flashbacks!!!  I expected to be sad but not this sad.  Damn it!  Robin and Patrick's life and story is an example of what made soaps so good, and today reminded me of what I used to love about GH.  I wish there had been a few flashbacks of Robin as a wee little girl, but I'm thankful to have gotten what we did. 
The wedding was amazing and Mac, Felicia, Anna, Robert, Robin, Patrick and Emma were wonderful.  Especially Anna and Robin.  Those two always make me cry.  Liz and Patrick were also very sweet.

The only dark spots were of course Sonny and Carly.  Those two vampires shouldn't have even been there.  Having Robin apologize to the she-cretin was too much.  The scenes with them should have gone to Robin and Robert, Robin and Felicia, and Robin and Mac instead.  There was not enough of Robert and Felicia at all.  Stupid writers and Frank V.  He's probably already had the Scorpio-Drake house set burned down out of pettiness. 

Genie Francis and Tyler Christopher were also enjoyable.  I've always liked Laura and Nik together as mother and son, and her pushing him to be better than whatever the hell he is right now is sorely needed.  Nik is nearly unrecognizable.

Tracy and Rebecca Budig were also intriguing.

• Love 12

They really need to have Robin stop saying things like I know you have had a hard few months.  Glad Liz said not really.  Not compared to you but it is idiotic for her to say anything like that in the first place.

• Love 14

There was not enough of Robert and Felicia at all.  Stupid writers and Frank V.

Ten bucks says there's a bunch of Robert and Felicia in the "extended cut" because it was more important all the Sonny/Carly/Jason trinity slobbering was in the broadcast version.  Vile.

• Love 16

So now, wedding vows are recited to one's child, instead of to one's partner? Scrubs married Emma rather than each other? I'm confused.

Well, as long as Sonny and Jason were there, nothing else matters. Not even the vows. After all, Jason had a MEMORY of Robin, and he had to tell her about it to ensure that part of her wedding day was rightfully about JASON. 

At her own wedding, Robin spent a generous amount of time propping and tongue-bathing Carly, Jason, and Sonny for their glorious effect on her life and happiness.

• Love 6

What a shitty ass sendoff. Scrubs don't even get to have a proper wedding. Liz, Jason, Carly and Sonny show up and each get scenes of talking to Robin and Patrick individually, so obviously that was the point of the wedding.

Not to be about Scrubs and their family, but rather so we can see Robin apologize to Carly, thank Carly and marvel at how amazing Carly is for Jason and how wrong she was for never giving Carly credit. So we can see people who are family relegated to background shots/conversations. So Felicia and Robin don't even talk to each other. So we don't get Maxie/Robin having a scene. No Rick, no Nikolas, no hospital staff, no Kevin/Lucy or Scott or Tracy or Monica, but we do get the guy who doesn't even REMEMBER Robin show up to the party.

What a joke.

• Love 5

IM NOT READY TO TYPE REAL THOUGHTS THROUGH THESE TEARS.

Just....beautiful....for anyone who ever loved Scrubs at one point or another. They will forever be special and will never be replicated. JT and KMc were beautiful.

• Love 8

I see the #Fallinlovewithsonnyandcarly campaign continues along with Sonny's new role as the wise sage in a wheelchair. I guess they feel if Sonny grows a beard and keeps spouting lame ass advice and platitudes (and Carly accepting them from Robin no less) with tears in their eyes, the audience will accept their new roles as the tent pole couple to represent Port Charles.

With that out of the way, I loved the Scrubs flashbacks, and  during that last scene I couldn't help but notice how it reminded me of Dwayne and Whitley leaving on A Different World lol.

• Love 7

I choose to believe Robin was drunk on happiness and didn't know what she was saying to Carly.

Needed more Robert and Mac but the vows and flashbacks were nice and a good sendoff by GH standards.

• Love 5

Aaaaaaaaaand I'm out. I've always come back with Robin (and usually eventually left due to the horrid writing). That last shot seemed like a beautiful way to finally give Robin Scorpio some peace from the idiotic drama that has tortured her for most of the past 15 years.

The same goes for me. I started watching when my friend introduced me to the show in 1993, and the quality has gone way downhill. What am I supposed to stay for? Every character that was halfway decent at one point being sacrificed for some other horrid character on the canvas, be it Carly, or Sonny or Jason, whom everyone seems to desperately want to turn back into the Borg during this, yet ANOTHER bout of memory loss?

Nah. The Scorpio-Drakes, smiling at one another, and heading off onto their adventure seems like a perfect end to my time with this show as well.

• Love 16

While I loved all the flashbacks (good lord KMc looked so frickin' young!!) I'm seriously pissed that Robert was given one line and it was about Emma taking the flowers with her.  

NO WAY should Sonny and Carly have been there, including Carly showing up late and taking the focus off the couple.  Epiphany should have been there since she was there practically every step of the Scrubs matchup and she was there for Patrick when Robin "died".  Also, they should have sprung a couple of bucks to have Noah there for his son's remarriage.  

All of the Tracy/Hayden/Laura/Nik stuff could have waited until tomorrow.  

• Love 9

Haven't watched yet, but am reading comments and WHAT IN THE BLUEDILLY FUCK?????!!!!!

I knew it! I knew that that FUCKING SHEBEAST would not have to get down on her knees to kiss Robin's feet! No wonder she was smiling in the promos!!! Kimberly should have ad libbed and rip into her. But no. Can't have that, can we?

I'm OUT.

• Love 8

Genie Francis and Tyler Christopher were also enjoyable.  I've always liked Laura and Nik together as mother and son, and her pushing him to be better than whatever the hell he is right now is sorely needed.  Nik is nearly unrecognizable.

I was kinda laughing though because I bet Nikolas was wishing he could take back all that teen angst about Laura being around. Yup Nikolas, welcome to having a mom. They nag you when you try to murder someone.

• Love 21

Right!? I legit can't even type a coherent thought cause I'm caught in a million feels. Fuck.

Yeah. All complaints above are legitimate, but they escaped, and I got a nice long flashback montage.* I'm good. They met my low low bar.

*TONY GEARY.

• Love 8

I wonder how real art therapists feel about this show allegeding their profession can be performed by any SERIAL KILLER idiot who turned his victims into art.

It's one of the things I try to ignore, or my bp would spike.

The things soaps get wrong all the time - regarding mental illness and therapists - are:

1.  Saying "you only have to take your meds" and it's all ok (Sonny, Snarly).

2.  Portraying people with mental illness as violent (Sonny, Morgan), and omitting obvious symptoms (flight of ideas, pressured speech, auditory hallucinations, intrusive thoughts, and so on...in the case of bipolar disorder).

3.  Having "therapists" stomp all over characters' boundaries (ok, this is mainly Y&R right now), in the guise of "being helpful".

4.  And, of course, as previously mentioned, having a serial killer get a job at a hospital with neither a license nor the proper education OR criminal background check.

It does annoy me, I won't lie.

I agree that Sonny and Snarly should not have been at that wedding.  They suck all the joy out of every scene.

They could have done this so much better, and they really let down the fans.

• Love 5

Yeah. All complaints above are legitimate, but they escaped, and I got a nice long flashback montage.* I'm good. They met my low low bar.

*TONY GEARY.

I'm not complaining at all. And I could. Because of course it's valid. But I've watched soaps my entire life. And these endings do not happen. I loved it. It was beautiful.

I LOST IT when Patrick said that he has everything he needs and looked at Robin and the montage started.

And their vows to each other and Emma? My goodness. The sea of tears. Robin listing all the memories she had with Patrick? Like, I was DONE.

Also, Jason looked like he was in love with both Robin and Patrick and wanted to go with them.

• Love 11

Kim is so good.

Even though she didn't get a "real goodbye" scene with Maxie, she threw in a sweet little "sweep of someone's bangs out their face" caress in the scene when Maxie starts freaking out. It was unnecessary because Maxie's hair wasn't even in her face. It was just a way for Robin to show her affection for the character.

I'm done with GH, now. I came back to see this character get her HEA. And she did, however shoddy the production was.

Like she would ever tell Carly she was good for anybody. I got a good laugh out of that BS...

• Love 14

I'm a Liz girl as you all know, and while I didn't love the dialogue in the Liz/Robin scene (too heavyhanded and seriously why is Robin asking Liz if she's ok, she made her own bed), the Liz/Patrick scene made me a wee bit emotional.  I really loved their friendship over the years, and while Liz deserves a lot of heat from Patrick (and owes him a big apology), I'm kind of glad they avoided that in light of JT leaving and gave the Piz friendship a nice sendoff.

I loved the rest of the Scrubs stuff (other than the WTF? Carly scenes), and am so happy for their fans that they got a nice send-off.  Hope both actors are off to bigger and better.

Edited by tallyrand
  • Love 5

I'm a Liz girl as you all know, and while I didn't love the dialogue in the Liz/Robin scene (too heavyhanded and seriously why is Robin asking Liz if she's ok, she made her own bed), the Liz/Patrick scene made me a wee bit emotional.  I really loved their friendship over the years, and while Liz deserves a lot of heat from Patrick (and owes him a big apology), I'm kind of glad they avoided that in light of JT leaving and gave the Piz friendship a nice sendoff.

I loved the rest of the Scrubs stuff (other than the WTF? Carly scenes), and am so happy for their fans that they got a nice send-off.  Hope both actors are off to bigger and better.

I loved that they had Liz say that she chose to deceive Jason, and that what Robin went through was way worse.

I'm really glad that Piz got a nice sendoff. They are my favorite Liz friendship, and after 10 years of friendship, they deserved a happy goodbye

• Love 5

Oh, and the montage. It was really sweet and I was glad to have it. I didn't hold out hope for one..

But, it made me think, and I have to say most of my favorite scenes of them are when they are not all warm and fuzzy.

I LOVED the scene when she tells him to get out after she learns about the Lisa one night stand.

"Get out! I will not look at you pouting any longer."

I loved the fight scenes they have about him going to Vegas with that weasel Pete. And then how desperate he is to save her during the Metrocourt hostage thingy.

Even when I hated most things about GH back then, I still enjoyed them.

• Love 2

Yes, of course, the Scrubs wedding was rushed. But, at least Robin/Kmc got her happily ever after. I mean, let's be real here. She only got it because JT quit. If he hadn't she would still be a prisoner & as Carly put it, " a lab monkey."

Speaking of ole Cujo. That Carly/Robin scene was utter bullshit. KMc looked like she was going to vomit in her mouth saying, "she feels Carly is good for Jason & Sonny and sorry she didn't give her credit."  Just all types of wrong!  But, at least Carly said she was grateful.<eye roll>

Wanted to say have a great, healthy 2016 & on to everyone here. Because I am making myself a big ole BLT and parking it on the barge for now.  Take care!

Edited by rags
  • Love 11
On a more positive note, OMG, I heart Mac so.  Him officiating the ceremony?  That awesome hug between him and Robin?  Capital L LOVE!

Yes!

I actually posted a fanfic in the thread here where Mac was the one who performed their remarriage ceremony at their house - so glad that it actually happened.

• Love 3

God. Not to belabor this point but you know if this was a year ago half the episode would be devoted to Spencer's pain over losing Emma, and part of the end tag would be him and Nikolas. "First my mutha, then Bwitt, now Emma!"

• Love 12

God. Not to belabor this point but you know if this was a year ago half the episode would be devoted to Spencer's pain over losing Emma, and part of the end tag would be him and Nikolas. "First my mutha, then Bwitt, now Emma!"

We also would have gotten that fucking embryo dropped off by Robin . . . we've really escaped some bullets here.

• Love 6

I teared up a little at the end. Damn it, they got to me.

IKR! I full on bawled a couple times, man. And again I haven't seen any of the history with Scrubs or even Robin but there was some really good stuff in this episode.

That being said though, there was some really shitty stuff too and tbh it basically ruined the ep imo.

I think they should've just done a special ep devoted entirely to the Scrubs wedding. The ep was too disjointed.

And of course there shouldn't have been any Sonny/Carly hero fucking worship. That was literally disgusting. It made me actually angry.

As for the non-Scrubs stuff: I like Laura and Tracy having scenes together, but those scenes kinda sucked. And then Laura with Nik, I can't. Stop coddling this motherfucker, Laura! And the writers trying to act like Nik has been racked with guilt all this time. LOL no. And Tracy/Hayden could be so good but they've already completely ruined it because Hayden actually loves Nik. So fucking dumb. I am somewhat intrigued by Tracy revealing she knows who she really is or whatever, but I'm sure it'll go nowhere.

On a superficial note, Liz's dress at the wedding was so pretty. And Carly's coat was great.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

I don't like the way they are writing Olivia. She's not behaving like herself when it comes to Julexis. Obviously the writers are trying to bring some kind of conflict to Julexis's relationship, but I really wish that the weren't using Olivia to that end. Jealousy just doesn't look good on her. She's probably lonely due to Ned leaving her (and how broken up Dante/Lulu are), but this is just...not a good story for her.

I have to admit, and this is very petty of me, I experienced great schadenfreude watching Nancy's scenes yesterday.  Yes, dear, this travesty of a "light comedy" has been what you've worked so. freakin'. hard. so and what you so richly deserve. May you be stuck in schlock like that on a loop like you're in Groundhog Day. Except without Bill Murray's dry humor. Or a groundhog.

They better pray Kim is willing to come back early and often. They're certainly not leaning hard enough on Finola, Genie or Jane Elliot to anchor this show. If they were sane the way to handle it would be to age Cam and have him move in with Grandma Laura for key new story tomorrow.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I really loved their [Patrick and Liz's] friendship over the years, and while Liz deserves a lot of heat from Patrick (and owes him a big apology), I'm kind of glad they avoided that in light of JT leaving and gave the Piz friendship a nice sendoff.

Agreed.  Realistically, their friendship should be in tatters after what Liz did, but I'm more than fine with the show setting that aside (a la Angie forgiving Jesse on AMC so easily for the baby swap because the show was ending) and giving them a nice goodbye given how nice I did find their friendship most of the time.

And, in honor of their friendship, Hungover!Liz has something to say!

tumblr_mwoztbYuck1qhi5j4o1_250.gif

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Agreed.  Realistically, their friendship should be in tatters after what Liz did, but I'm more than fine with the show setting that aside (a la Angie forgiving Jesse on AMC so easily for the baby swap because the show was ending) and giving them a nice goodbye given how nice I did find their friendship most of the time.

And, in honor of their friendship, Drunk!Liz has something to say!

Yeah, there was no time to do it justice so I don't mind them skipping  a confrontation.

I do wish they had Patrick slip in a "Jason wasn't worth it" to her, but oh well.

• Love 1

Yeah, there was no time to do it justice so I don't mind them skipping  a confrontation.

I do wish they had Patrick slip in a "Jason wasn't worth it" to her, but oh well.

This is a complete UO, but I didn't want Patrick to shade Jason in any way. Patrick's problem with Jason stemmed from feeling like he was second best to him in Robin's heart. Robin and Patrick now are 100% confident that they are each other's first and only choice. There's no doubt there.

• Love 3