Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And just what fuckary was going on between Val and Bobbie? That's why they bring Bobbie back? To encourage Val and support her in being the most clueless, brainless, cruel, selfish, ridiculous, hurtful, and unrepentant cousin in PC? ...I've no words.

It was simultaneously refreshing to see someone not being a hypocrite about it and disturbing that her attitude was basically, "Oh yeah I've banged married guys. Shit happens. You and Dante have fun on your date."

Also, I believe she pulled a number on him with the help of his budding psycho son, who he refuses to see might have several hundred behavioral problems.

At least you didn't say his name, but if he appears on screen any time soon I'm going to blame you for the summoning.

Even though that's not exactly how it initially went down with Robin's departure at all. At this point, I'd say it's a given that Patrick has completely rewritten everything in his head to be 'Robin chose Jason over me and now Sam is choosing Jason over me. EVERYONE CHOOSES JASON OVER ME!!'

Jason, Jason, Jason![/JanBrady]

• Love 8

Patrick doesn't want to admit/accept that he doesn't and never will or could stack up in Sam's heart of hearts when compared against her saintly Jason, so instead of gathering up whatever self respect he has and bowing out freely and turning his full attention to his daughter, for once, he would rather bitch and moan and complain and attack Sam and then storm out until he is "reminded" just how much he "loves" her and he goes back and does something halfhearted to prove his love but then yet again reality shows up to give him a good kick in the ass so he repeats the same thing over and over.

Sam is absolutely uncertain of what she really wants and she is clueless about how to handle having Jason back but also not having him. Patrick sees the truth and since it isn't what he wants he acts out like a spoiled five year old. Sam is not the only one in the relationship who could walk away, if Patrick is so disturbed and feels so betrayed and strung along he can do something about it.

He cannot have it both ways; Sam was only an option because Jason was supposedly dead, now he's alive and Patrick is just so shocked and taken aback that little fact has thrown Sam's life and mind and heart into absolute chaos and her entire world as she once knew it has been obliterated into a billion pieces? It's willful and woeful ignorance, imo, and it makes him entirely to blame for his own continued misery.

Imho everything to do with Sam and Patrick's hookup has been a colossal waste of time. At best they should have had a drunken ONS. Then in the morning they'd have shared a laugh and come to an agreement that they would be far better off as friends.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 18
It was simultaneously refreshing to see someone not being a hypocrite about it and disturbing that her attitude was basically, "Oh yeah I've banged married guys. Shit happens. You and Dante have fun on your date."

Apparently, Bobbie has never heard of the concept of "here, learn from my mistakes."  For her, it's more like "you should totally make the same mistakes I've made!  It's fun!" 

• Love 16

Maybe they will write it where Liz and Patrick will get together after the fall out

At this point, I am kind of okay with that. Patrick already made it clear that he doesn't care what Liz did except that it affects his relationship with Sam, so he has no room to act self-righteously appalled later. Patrick might be the only non-Nik person that would talk to her. They could commiserate together how mean Jason and Sam were for not doing what they were supposed to do. 

• Love 3

Apparently, Bobbie has never heard of the concept of "here, learn from my mistakes."  For her, it's more like "you should totally make the same mistakes I've made!  It's fun!" 

Yeah, I kinda wanted the ghost of Tony Jones to appear and be like, "of course, you didn't end up with Scotty, Lulu didn't end up with Dillon, and Carly caused me to have a mental breakdown and she went to a psychiatrist hospital for shooting me, but yeah, tell this girl to go for it."

• Love 14

Everything about that Bobbie/Valerie scene rang false.  Even Bobbie expressing that she's here for her niece because it's what Pat would have wanted made me think of the MONTHS Bobbie did nothing of the sort RIGHT AFTER PAT DIED!

And there definitely seems to be this "dotting in the vets" trend going on.  Look, it's Bobbie!  Look, it's Mac!  Look, it's Kevin!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I am not sure what irritated me more.

That Bobbie was being used to give her badly behaving and lacking in all self worth niece a pep talk, or that she has a son, Lucas (who?), that she could have been interacting with instead. Hell, it could have been a triple date where she and Lucas and Brad got together to discus wedding plans or something. anything, involving their own lives.

I just cannot stand how the vets only get touted out to further prod along these dying, desperate, deplorable story lines that really have nothing to do with them.

• Love 3

Sam and Patrick are both idiots who are fooling themselves about their feelings for each other. Their relationship was always going to end sooner or later once Jason came back, so it was impossible for me to care about it from the start. 

Bobbie's attitude toward Valerie sleeping with Dante was really disappointing. Way to betray Lulu. Also, it's another relationship built on sand. Why am I supposed to care?

• Love 9
Bobbie's attitude toward Valerie sleeping with Dante was really disappointing. Way to betray Lulu. Also, it's another relationship built on sand. Why am I supposed to care?

Are you honestly saying that you could care less about the girl whose mother died and left her all alone with only her cousin's husband's manwood to comfort her? Have you no heart...? #StillsodamninlovewithGH

• Love 9

What sucks is that you could have told an interesting, perhaps even heartwarming story about Valerie getting to know and becoming part of the Spencers.  Hell, they could have kept Pat around longer than five minutes and had her be part of it before dying.

But it was a love triangle with Lulu and Dante from the jump.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

What sucks is that you could have told an interesting, perhaps even heartwarming story about Valerie getting to know and becoming part of the Spencers.  Hell, they could have kept Pat around longer for five minutes and had her be part of it before dying.

But it was a love triangle with Lulu and Dante from the jump.

Yeah, I'd feel more sympathy if we had gotten to know Pat for more than two seconds.

• Love 3

I didn't need to see Pat longer (though I love you, Dee Stone!), but it's criminal the way they totally wasted integrating Valerie into the Spencers. She really was just the interloper to Dante and Lulu. Why even make her a cousin? There's no familial relationship with anyone anyway, so it's not as if the betrayal is so especially terrible. She's a stranger for all intents and purposes, and Lulu never warmed to her.

Gah. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

I don't think there are enough words for me to describe just how utterly worthless Val has proven to be, imo.

Aside from sharing the last name "Spencer" there's just nothing about her that connects her to the show in any significant way. At least not one that doesn't involve her playing Lulu's place holder in Dante's life, really his bed, until he either tires of her or actually transforms back into an adult willing to get his shit together again.

Bloody hell, they could have cast the same actress as one of Kiki's "friends" she kept raving about and she'd be just as "important" to the show as Val is proving to be, which is to say portraying a character which has the same usefulness as a used Kleenex that someone refuses to throw away.

• Love 7

phew. I moved to a new apartment this week, and my cable/internet doesn't get hooked up until tomorrow. I'm glad I haven't seen this week (with the Liz lie fallout) and may just skip next week as well.

As entertaining as y'all are, I may be barge-bound for a while. I just can't take Carly assuming a position on her high horse over this. (which let's face it-- is about the only position Carly hasn't performed. Ba-dum dum) 

I'll see myself out.

• Love 10

Sam has basically been USING Patrick and his place, stringing him along and leading him to believe she was trying to put aside her feelings for Jason and getting a divorce to make a future with Patrick. When she knew she wasn't getting Jason as her carnival prize--he was going to Liz--pouty Sam tried to kick over Liz's sand castles and run back to Patrick's skirts for protection. And ironically she still didn't truly care about Patrick, even as she retreated to his place, wearing his huge diamond and accepting his roses. I'm not surprised that Patrick finally had it out with Sam and called her on her lying B.S.to him 

His situation with Robin and Sabrina wasn't so like the Patrick/Sam/Jason/Liz entanglement. Just because both stories include an old love back from the dead, that doesn't mean the identities of all are interchangeable or that the tensions and plot points are identical or parallel. I see real hurt in Patrick's expressions and actions--not just ego trips. Patrick probably wonders with so many of us what's so godlike about Jason. He's hurt by Sam's constant lying and hollow promises to him. Even before she knew Jason was alive, she was talking non-stop about her dreams and memories of Jason. Sam was not ready to get into another serious relationship, and her behavior has become worse. Sam should have let Jason and Liz alone, moved out to her own place with Danny, and confessed the truth to Patrick that she wasn't ready for him. Then when Liz and Jason crashed in the future (as every couple does on GH) she could have had her crack at Jason if she still wasn't over him. They would always have Danny as a common bond, so he was not likely to leave her life entirely.

Sam has told Patrick everything that has gone down with Jason.  Everything.  She told him about the kiss, she told him she went to see Liz as soon as both things happened.  So I don't see any lies.   Is she conflicted about her feelings?  Yeah.  She even might be lying to herself.  But none of it is purposeful and malicious.  She is fucking confused and has NO IDEA what she wants.  Should she be with Patrick while she feels this way?  Probably not.  But I don't see any lies there. 

I KNOW her motives for outing Liz aren't all pure and selfless.  She admitted as much.  But she doesn't owe Liz a fucking thing.  So she absolutely should NOT keep quiet about outing that liar.  Liz made her bed, now she can woman up and pay her dues.  She should leave Liz and Jason alone?  Knowing full well that liar kept Jason from his mother and sons?  Yeah....no. 

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 18
Knowing full well that liar kept Jason from his mother and sons?

So far, though, Jason hasn't shown all that much attention to his mother, particularly, or his sons. He's glad they're all there, but it's not as if he's desperate to reconnect with them. The show has been very lax about that. Jason's never said, "I'm glad to know I have sons and a family." 

I'm writing this without having seen today's ep, so maybe I'm all wrong.

• Love 3

LOL Jason straight out asks Liez if she knew and she just starts ranting about how Sam is lying, pathetic and jealous. What a delusional freak.

Dante sucks. Valerie sucks. I wish Olivia would have hit her precious son over the head.

Please go far away mayo Dillon. Please.

• Love 7

Patrick is so very pathetic and weepy and annoying as hell. He says that he thought Sam might be the woman he could spend the rest of his life with? The fuckary? In what universe? Ye gods! I can't wait for him to go, can not wait.

Sabrina is so very dumb and seeing Felix while Lucas (who?) is stuck off-screen makes me ragey.

Sam is so very much in need of a long ass vacation.

Liz is so very much ready to crack open and let all the crazy go free and it's about goddamn time.

For once I felt Olivia actually had a point to making an appearance and gave Dante a bit of the dressing down he madly deserves. Why she didn't start ranting and hitting him with a wooden spoon though was a missed opportunity.

Val is the most...I just don't know. She's horrible and awful in too many ways to count and then on top of it she's so weak and totally without any self respect. I just can't with her.

Jason is such a dense lug nut. No sympathy for that dumb-ass. Maybe if he had actually tried a little harder and gave real effort not so long ago to find out who he really was and stopped shacking up with a woman and her (and his) kids as if he had no life worth going back to or something.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

BB is a trip. Johnny's reactions (while in hiding) to annoying Dillon were the best part of the show.

Olivia going off on Dante, and insulting both him and Val, was good work by Lisa. Good to know she's outraged to see Val holding Rocco like she's the mommy, comfortable alone in the Falconeri home with him, and is going to go tell her off in the next episode.

I called it that Patrick would break up with Sam. Gotta love the irony that he walked away from Sabrina after a talk with Sam, and now he's "moving on" from Sam after a talk with Sabrina.  I thought of what HeatLifer said that Patrick has some tears, but nothing even close to how he was with Robin in the church. Sam's tears seemed more like she doesn't want to lose both Jason and Patrick because she's all "no, no, I want you/this" with him after sadly watching Jason walk out on her with that cold, dismissive "Goodbye."

BH definitely does a good job with the crazy, scared eyes. But I rolled my eyes at her trying to say Jason's throwing it all away, and trying to get past him and avoid just answering yes or no.

Previews: I recognize the voice of Jerry Jax. What a shocker...not.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

This Liz reveal - and the draaaging pace of it - is so boring.

Previews: I recognize the voice of Jerry Jax. What a shocker...not.

Ugh.  Jerry, again?  I mean, I guess he was in league with Helena last year, but still, what a fuckin' rerun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I called it that Patrick would break up with Sam. Gotta love the irony that he walked away from Sabrina after a talk with Sam, and now he's "moving on" from Sam after a talk with Sabrina. I thought of what HeatLifer said that Patrick has some tears, but nothing even close to how he was with Robin in the church. Sam's tears seemed more like she doesn't want to lose both Jason and Patrick because she's all "no, no, I want you/this" with him after sadly watching Jason walk out on her with that cold, dismissive "Goodbye."

I was literally chewing on popcorn during this episode and giggling between bites and sips of fancy carbonated water. It's finally oveeeeeeer!!!! Exit stage right, Samtrick. Your boringness knew no bounds.

• Love 8

I was literally chewing on popcorn during this episode and giggling between bites and sips of fancy carbonated water. It's finally oveeeeeeer!!!! Exit stage right, Samtrick. Your boringness knew no bounds.

It still wasn't as bad as Sam and Silas though. That was sheer torture. But I'd say this comes a close second.

• Love 7

It still wasn't as bad as Sam and Silas though. That was sheer torture. But I'd say this comes a close second.

I way preferred Sam and Patrick to Sam and Silas, and Patrick and Sabrina.  But rushing Sam and Patrick from plot point to plot point once Jason was back on-canvas torpedoed any potential.

But ugh, with him leaving, now we're going to have to sit through a Liz vs. Sam war for Jason's mob peen. 

• Love 4

< Snoopy Dance > Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! It's OVER!!!!!!!!!! < /Snoopy Dance >

• Love 2

Eh, Sam/Patrick completely destroyed and trashed everything that made Patrick...Patrick. So, for me, that was worse, especially bc I liked him.

• Love 5

So I'm catching up, do we know how Carlos survived the shooting? How long he's been working for Hornsby? Was Sloane also working for him? I would look up the eps but watching from scraps and snippets doesn't always give you everything.

Keep your mits off of Rocco, Sidepiece!! 

For fuck's sake, Dante... I can't even with this shit. Olivia giving him hell for basically giving up on his marriage for the easy piece was welcomed. Not that it made any headway with Pod!Dante.

You know what? I'm doing it. I'm stealing from a OLTL running joke that lasted for years on TWOP... and I'm going back to the beginning with that one:

There is no Dante, there is only Zuul.

• Love 17

So I'm catching up, do we know how Carlos survived the shooting? How long he's been working for Hornsby? Was Sloane also working for him? I would look up the eps but watching from scraps and snippets doesn't always give you everything.

Nope. Not long. No, he wanted to but, after Sloane gave Hornsby proof Anna killed Carlos, Hornsby killed Sloane.

My story is still that incompetence on Sloane's part is responsible for Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos not being dead:

Sloane (checks Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos' pulse): He's dead, alright.

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: No I'm not.

Sloane: Quiet, dead body.  Man, getting rid of this corpse is soooo gonna get me laaaaaid!

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: But I'm not dead.

Sloane: I'll just throw him off the pier, a foolproof plan.

(splashing sound)

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: I'm still alive, and I can swim.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12

My story is still that incompetence on Sloane's part is responsible for Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos not being dead:

Sloane (checks Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos' pulse): He's dead, alright.

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: No I'm not.

Sloane: Quiet, dead body.  Man, getting rid of this corpse is soooo gonna get me laaaaaid!

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: But I'm not dead.

Sloane: I'll just throw him off the pier, a foolproof plan.

(splashing sound)

Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos: I'm still alive, and I can swim.

I want to put this on a t-shirt.

I want to shoot this post in the head and put it in a tree.

I want to start a kickstarter fund to shoot this in Grayson McCouch's living room.  Why do I feel that all I need to do is give JvP a plane ticket and he'd be so on board?

• Love 6
(edited)

So, let me get this straight: Patrick broke up with Sam.  And so for the rest of Jason Thompson's run, he'll what? Probably start thinking about how he done Robin wrong? Or think of her as second choice? Oh wait. That "epiphany" probably won't happen until he hears that she's held hostage, right? And then he'll want to join in on wanting to save her?

Frankly, at this point, I would rather it be fucking Jason. That's right. I said it. My dream team is Robert/Anna/Mac, but y'all know I'm not allowed to have nice things.  And if nothing else, it would make me feel good if seeing Robin would make Jason remember. HER FIRST. She was there when he was "born" as Jason Morgan (because we know Jason Q doesn't exist), and at least, in the beginning, before Cujo showed up, theirs was a wonderful love story. I said "in the beginning."

Because no one could get that borg to get emotional and do the ugly crying to boot, like Robin could. Or to make him light up. Of course, that's probably Steve Burton being in scenes with Kimberly.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

Liz is so very much ready to crack open and let all the crazy go free and it's about goddamn time.

Shadybrook party of one.  I was just reading in a soap mag that BH was surprised when she read that Liz finds out who Jason is and not too thrilled to be playing it like that.  I know she can play the heck out of crazy because she did it once before.  That scene (after Jake died?) when she's sitting on the floor at Shadybrook and Patrick sits beside her to talk was a thing of beauty and this show was an idiot to never go the Liz/Patrick route.  

I love Brandon and Johnny.  

Olivia's smackdown of Dante was a thing of beauty and I want her to go all out Mama Pasta Crazy Ass on Val tomorrow.  And I don't want Dante to show up and be all 'leave poor widdle Val alone big bad mommy"

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5

It looks like the truth is catching up with Liez.

Will someone explain it to me as if I were Morgan, how did Jerry Jacks go from being whisked away in Julian's car after falling from the hospital's roof to holding Robin captive again?  Is Julian involved somehow?

How dare Dante allow that girl to hold Rocco. Olivia needs to beat his ass and slap that girl five times for being trash. If Olivia also wants to beat her ass I would be fine with that. Someone needs to do it.

So the Patrick/Sam weren't allowed to become a real relationship because why? Everything about this is bullshit. 

When is someone going to beat Liez's ass?

• Love 7

Jerry Jacks is a card carrying member of the Legion of Doom, so it is not surprising that he has Robin.

Pretty much. And it was always assumed someone else was looking after her bc Helena was hanging out in PC controlling Jason and chillin' on the island.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I'll take you all's word for it that the voice was Jerry. But Helena was the one that took her. Is poor Robin getting passed along from kidnapper to kidnapper?

We did see last year, shortly after Hells took Robin, that she and Jerry were working together.

How dare Dante allow that girl to hold Rocco.

Why shouldn't a girl hold her cousin's baby?

Oh wait, when she's banging said cousin's husband!

Will someone explain it to me as if I were Morgan, how did Jerry Jacks go from being whisked away in Julian's car after falling from the hospital's roof to holding Robin captive again?  Is Julian involved somehow?

After being rescued by Julian, Jerry joined Team Fluke.  He was the one Sam, Patrick, and Tracy were dealing with Amsterdam when "Luke" was supposedly kidnapped.

• Love 5