Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, it'll happen.  I'm sure the Dante/Valerie tryst will stay secret for a while - while Val probably dates Dillon - but when it goes boom, Lulu will at the very least hit the sack with Dillon.

That I can deal with. But if they try actually making them a couple of some sort for any extended period of time . . . God bless 'em for trying that.

Seriously, it didn't have to be in their bed. :(

yes YUK!!  And Dante is sure not blameless in this, but Valerie, just yuk.  You just don't DO THAT!!

So sad that DZ hotness gets wasted in this dumb storyline :(

For a minute I thought it was Ethan coming in to the rescue instead of Lucky.  This story and the Jake/Liz /Sam stuff is so boooring, bad writing, bad acting,  Honestly I am finding Ava and Franco and even Silas and Nina more watchable then the long time GH er's.

• Love 3

That I can deal with. But if they try actually making them a couple of some sort for any extended period of time . . . God bless 'em for trying that.

I dunno.  If Lulu and Dante do split up/get divorced, I'm not sure how quickly Ron will rush them back together.

but her and her mom used to climb up Mount Rushmore every presidents' day! How dare you!!

Did they knit sweaters for the poor groundhogs that saw their shadows on February 2nd?

• Love 9

Did they knit sweaters for the poor groundhogs that saw their shadows on February 2nd?

Yes! and pin teeny, tiny, American flags on the sweaters!

Yes! and pin teeny, tiny, American flags on the sweaters!

Exactly! Because, no matter what, the Fourth of July was their favorite holiday.

In fact, they commemorated the holiday on December 25th by giving each other flags and picnic supplies.

And called NYE the "wannabe Fourth of July."

And that bunny holiday? Whatevs.

• Love 1

Jake is alive? With one kidney or two?

I see Luckys been busy not showering. Yuck.

Even though the gunfire and all of this is ridiculous, at least Laura's been getting to make fun faces and get in on the stupid gunfire, not cowering in some corner. Yay for that.

Dante is not a cheater. the memory lane thing of Lante obstacles only highlights that more.

• Love 3
(edited)

Will someone explain it to me as if I were Morgan, why would Frank Smith give a flying fuck about anything to do with Luke's non bio. grandson.

As if you were Morgan? Okay.

Lillybee, look over there! A woman in a bad wig!

I trust Lillybee is now distracted and I don't have to actually explain anything. yay!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 19

Will someone explain it to me as if I were Morgan, why would Frank Smith give a flying fuck about anything to do with Luke's non bio. grandson.

I guess he just happened to be in town when Jake ran out of his house and in seconds was able to fake the accident/Jake's death in order to frame Luke for killing a child.

• Love 3
(edited)

And Lulu will continue to lament that she can't give Dante another biological child (wait, can she?  I totally forget now what embryos are out there).

Lulu and Dante have one embryo left.  And Helena has possession of the Stavros/Lulu embryo.

I can only imagine the logline.  "Lulu, in a desperate attempt to hold on to Dante, secretly has their last embryo implanted.  But GASP, her now evil brother Nikolas wants to rebuild the Cassadines and hatches a plan with Helena.  Whose baby is she really carrying?  DUN DUN DUN!"

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Lulu and Dante have one embryo left.  And Helena has possession of the Stavros/Lulu embryo.

I can only imagine the logline.  "Lulu, in a desperate attempt to hold on to Dante, secretly has their last embryo implanted.  But GASP, her now evil brother Nikolas wants to rebuild the Cassadines and hatches a plan with Helena.  Whose baby is she really carrying?  DUN DUN DUN!"

oh, God, stop. 

You just KNOW that Valerie is going to end up pregnant, because no one in the fucking town has ever heard of birth control.  Ugh.

Well, at least Dominic would be cute with a baby?

• Love 4

I guess he just happened to be in town when Jake ran out of his house and in seconds was able to fake the accident/Jake's death in order to frame Luke for killing a child.

As you do

You just KNOW that Valerie is going to end up pregnant, because no one in the fucking town has ever heard of birth control. Ugh.

At least the baby will be super cute?

So, would Rocco be this baby's brother/cousin?

• Love 2

As you do

At least the baby will be super cute?

So, would Rocco be this baby's brother/cousin?

It'll be his half brother/second cousin.

Speaking of babies that have more than one relation, I always thought that Ron created that damn Stavros/Lulu embryo because Lante weren't cheating. If he still pulls that thing out of his ass later I am taking the train into the city and going to buy up his favorite flavor at his Starbucks.*

*No not really. I might send him a mean tweet though. WITH PERFECT SPELLING. 

• Love 12

Do you think that they made JJ grow a beard and keep his hair long so he would look more like Ethan? Because it totally worked. 

I will give credit to either the writer/ or RH, who came up with the line "Morgan shouldn't be anyone's hope." Sure it's shooting a particularly dumb fish in a barrel, but that doesn't make it not funny.

It would figure that Valerie does end up preggers (we've gone nearly nine months without a character getting pregnant). And in Lulu and Dante's bed? Really?

And as ridiculous and improbable as the Jake story is, it might actually be worth is as Liz has all new opportunities to agonize over the fact that Jason's son is alive, but she can't tell her son or her son's father the truth without blowing up her happy little home with Billy Miller. (I enjoy Liz's guilty faces almost as much as her bitch faces)

• Love 10
I am willing to bet ER will make ridiculous faces when Lulu finds out and it will make you even less sympathetic. ;)

I'm sure Lulu will gas on about lives being at stake so she couldn't say a word, Dante should understand, how dare he not trust her, the nerve of Valerie, blahblah lame excuse cakes.

That's seriously tacky on the writers' part.

You people! You complain when they don't use a bed; you complain when they do! ;-)

You just KNOW that Valerie is going to end up pregnant, because no one in the fucking town has ever heard of birth control.  Ugh.

That, and Ron has no idea how to write stories for women that don't include babies.

Do you think that they made JJ grow a beard and keep his hair long so he would look more like Ethan? Because it totally worked.

Nah, that's basically his Nashville look.

(I enjoy Liz's guilty faces almost as much as her bitch faces)

Today was pretty fun. I'd love for someone to get a teeny bit meta and ask her why she always looks so stricken when Jason is mentioned. Hee.

• Love 5

Say what now? Jake is alive? Um, not only did he die, but his organs were transplanted into Josslyn. I'm not quite sure how you come back from that one.

As jsbt pointed out, they've done this like, nine times for Jack Devereaux from Days of Our Lives, whose organs have been donated, yet no one blinked an eye when he returned from the dead, all organs intact.

And really. Didn't you see my clip of Soapdish about how Kevin Kline's character "doesn't have a head!" and how he could come back from that?

• Love 6
(edited)

As jsbt pointed out, they've done this like, nine times for Jack Devereaux from Days of Our Lives, whose organs have been donated, yet no one blinked an eye when he returned from the dead, all organs intact.

Ditto Jesse on "All My Children"*, whose organs were donated AND who showed up as an angel numerous times in the intervening years.

* though it was the right call; Jesse and Angie's reunion at the train station gives me chills every time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

LUCKY!! Don't care that he's bearded and unwashed, I was seal- clapping because Lucky! Laura! and Luke!

Not even RC and this incredibly shitty story can ruin having these three together

I did like the smile on Lucky's face when he hugged Laura. Aw.

He freaking ran into the wall right before he laid her down on the bed, that kind of cracked me up. But where else where they going to do it if not in the bed? Their apartment is the size of a postage stamp.

With ER in the role, now Lulu looks older than Lucky so I just watched that entire scene thinking where the hell is JMB? Sorry, I just can't accept Emme in this role for some reason.

On the floor. :p Dante and Lulu actually did it there a couple of times in their-they-had-so-many-sex-scenes-even-I-got-sick-of-it days. Or hell, go in the bathroom and have shower sex. But that would require putting up another set. Or hey, maybe they could have miraculously had sex on the beach. They could have slipped in Brytni Sarpy and Dom Z while they were using the beach for the staging of KeMo's and BM's clearly faked relationship photos. ;)

re: ER, I'm still open to a recast. ER is not the worst actress they could have gotten, but she's bland. Even worse than the actual acting for all their casting, there has been a real lack of charisma for 90% of the hires under FV/RC. imo, of course.

• Love 6

I really have no idea why Silas is still here.  I thought they were going to make a big push putting him with AvaDenise, but she's preoccupied with Morgan and Silas fobbed off her pathetic attempt at using him as a sexual substitute.  He's a barely seen talk-to in the Francs and Neens mess.  Morgan and Kiki are strutting around his apartment like it belongs to their freeloading asses.  Dr. Clay has no friends, or even colleagues at the hospital who would wanna talk to him.

What is the point?

PP will never win, and you'll take ME from my cold, dead hands!

-xoxo Ron

Are there really fans of the actor who think that he deserves a three year contract on this soap based on his prior years' GH performances?  The only thing that I can think of is FV/RC wanted to do one of their friends from One-Life-to-Live a solid.  Three years of steady income in the dying soap opera industry is mighty kind. 

FV/RC appear to take delight in the continual denigration of the hospital. The only people who hang out in the hospital regularly are Dr. O, Franco, and Dr. Clay.  Liz and Patrick do have scenes at the hospital, but the only purpose they serve is for the buttressing up of Jason [whose saint-like status isn't this regime's creation].  There hasn't been one iota of mercy or respect of the hospital since RC/FV took over the reins.  How can Dr. O's character still be breathing air outside of a jail cell?  Every single scene of Dr. O just reminds me that the former Chief of Staff is being held against her will.  Out of sight but not out of mind.

You want a good laugh? My cable description of GH is: "The classic Gloria Monty soap charting the trials of Port Charles' medical center."

• Love 10
You want a good laugh? My cable description of GH is: "The classic Gloria Monty soap charting the trials of Port Charles' medical center."

That's what I get, too, and I roll my eyes all the way into the back of my head whenever I see it.  Talk about cognitive dissonance.

Ugh. We are getting a Jake-isn't-really-dead story. UGH, UGH, UGH.

I'd guess it's to "redeem" Luke (at least, from Ron's possible POV), but that doesn't really work when you factor in his drinking and his behavior after Jake died. I'd also imagine being on a ressurection frenzy with Stavros, Helena, Franco, Jason, Ava, and Frank makes this latest resurrection lose it's impact.

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess somebody has to have sex in it. I can't imagine Dante and this Lulu doing much beyond planning cupcake recipes. 

As for the whole 4th of July thing, I don't have a problem believing that a woman who grew up in an abusive household would hold Independence Day as a day of great importance. I just don't really think the scriptwriters put that much thought into it. If they'd started this boring trash at another point in the year, her favorite holiday probably would have been Arbor Day. 

I'd guess it's to "redeem" Luke (at least, from Ron's possible POV), but that doesn't really work when you factor in his drinking and his behavior after Jake died. I'd also imagine being on a ressurection frenzy with Stavros, Helena, Franco, Jason, Ava, and Frank makes this latest resurrection lose it's impact.

That and the show (or Tony Geary, mostly) not having Luke show much remorse in the first place. It's an anticlimax. 

I have a feeling it may be more about drama with Liz and Jason once he wants to go back to Sam, though. 

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2
(edited)

As for the whole 4th of July thing, I don't have a problem believing that a woman who grew up in an abusive household would hold Independence Day as a day of great importance. I just don't really think the scriptwriters put that much thought into it. If they'd started this boring trash at another point in the year, her favorite holiday probably would have been Arbor Day. 

I think that's the reason most of us are making fun of it. I don't think it's weird to have it as your favorite holiday per se. Fireworks, summer. Could be an annual trip, whatever. It was the pure shmaltziness of her description. Everytime you thought it was going to stop, it didn't. And got more bathetic with each sentence.

I guess somebody has to have sex in it. I can't imagine Dante and this Lulu doing much beyond planning cupcake recipes.

You say that like planning cupcake recipes is a bad thing, Pete. ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Things I forgot to comment on because I was overwhelmed with Dante hate and Demon Jake:

-Is the show really showing Silas all sad about Sam? Does Ron really need ANOTHER person to include in her story? Stop.

-I love Lucky. He can only be played by JJ. I acknowledge no one else. That hug with Laura!

-Patrick with Danny on his lap and Emma off-screen was classic. This is why Robin had to be a hostage. So Patrick can fuck Sam and be a faux father to Danny. Sorry, not worth it. And GTFO with Brad asking Patrick about putting a ring on Sam in the preview. Fuck you, show.

-Liz is disgusting watching Jason and Danny. Horrible character they've turned her into. Horrible. But AWWW! She'll get her son and live happily ever after with Jason for being a crazy person!!!!! The rewards!!!

• Love 8
(edited)

My cable description of GH is: "The classic Gloria Monty soap charting the trials of Port Charles' medical center."

According to Zap2it:

Synopsis: The wealthy Quartermaine family continues to be a looming presence in the town of Port Charles, with interests in much of the city's business. Characters come and go, but viewers can always count on at least one Quartermaine or Spencer to create havoc.

Looming must mean invisible

eta.  Lucky needs a shave.  He's too baby-faced for that facial hair -- it looks drawn-on.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4

Why is the Sam/Patrick relationship in FF?

It's especially pointless because the writing for the couple is even worse than it was for Patrick & Sabrina and nobody who watched any part of Sam/Jason thinks there'll be even a moment of hesitation before Sam drops Patrick for Jason - married or not

• Love 2

It's especially pointless because the writing for the couple is even worse than it was for Patrick & Sabrina and nobody who watched any part of Sam/Jason thinks there'll be even a moment of hesitation before Sam drops Patrick for Jason - married or not

They are a complete waste of airtime and it annoys me that Robin had to be sacrificed for it.

• Love 1

Didn't you see my clip of Soapdish about how Kevin Kline's character "doesn't have a head!" and how he could come back from that?

Does this mean that the great Patrick Drake was wrong when he declared Jake brain dead? 'Cause that's really embarrassing. The whole alive/dead thing is like, first year medical school.

• Love 7

Every relationship is in FF, with the exception of Franco and Nina, whose romantic novelesque love is so pure and true that it deserves to have every. single. beat. documented.

• Love 3

I have a feeling it may be more about drama with Liz and Jason once he wants to go back to Sam, though. 

Which is stupid anyway, since Jason already chose to be with Sam back when Jake was alive anyway.  And if they have him be conflicted now, even knowing what Liz did?  Fuck him, Liz can have him.

I actually have a feeling it will be more about pushing Liz to reveal the truth.  Of course she doesn't give a fuck about Danny, but when it's her own kid, of course she is going to want him to know his "real" father (who is Lucky IMO anyway).  I thought they'd go the Danny gets sick again route to help with the reveal, but I guess this is cliche enough too.

I was surprised Liz left Sam and Danny alone with Jake.  And even more surprised the show bothered to remember the Silas/Sam relationship.  Talk about out of nowhere.  Poor sad Silas.  LOL, I just can't be bothered to care about him and his feels.

• Love 6

I was surprised Liz left Sam and Danny alone with Jake.  And even more surprised the show bothered to remember the Silas/Sam relationship.  Talk about out of nowhere.  Poor sad Silas.  LOL, I just can't be bothered to care about him and his feels.

Given that he has that look on his face at all times, I'm not sure why we're supposed to care. 

I wonder if the show realized that pretty much no one gives a tinker's damn about Sam/Patrick so they think Silas would make it more of a quad. The problem is, for all the, "Kelly and Michael were so hot for a month or two on a soap 10 years ago!!!" hoopla, no one gave a damn about Sam/Silas either. 

It's a shame Greg Vaughan is still on DAYS. Bring him on as an ex-underwear model who buys part of Sam's ragingly successful PI business.

• Love 1

Every relationship is in FF, with the exception of Franco and Nina, whose romantic novelesque love is so pure and true that it deserves to have every. single. beat. documented.

I think I officially believe RC is worse than Guza. An international psychotic criminal is COS of the hospital. A sociopathic Serial Killer and a woman who literally ripped a premature baby out of a woman's body are the only couple being written with any care and their story is still garbage because our HW only writes farce. I thought mobsters warped the moral fabric of the show but RC's favs take the fucking cake. Speaking of which, why is Franco still alive? Michael and Sam are both related to mobsters who would give zero fucks about a tumor excuse - why is alive and walking freely around PC?

The dialogue is atrocious, the stories for every single character are awful and the show itself is BORING

Guza had years of good writing and good will to burn through and even at his worst Drab Four worshipping nadir there were good scenes in the midst of terrible stories. RC has been bad for years at this point and has gotten progressively worse.

With SBu and JFP gone? I'd take Guza back - with a co-head writer.

Hell, I'd watch a reality show of Guza/RC writing GH

• Love 5

Ron is doing way too fucking much in the Jason story. So we have Jake not knowing he's Jason, Liz and Nik keeping Jason a secret, Sam fucking Patrick not knowing Jason's alive, Patrick fucking Sam while not caring that Robin is nowhere to be found for almost a year, and now Jake has been alive all along.

STOP ADDING NEW SHIT.

Oh, Dante and Valerie are pieces of crap.

And yet...Lulu lying was just so stupid (especially considering what a lower case Big Bad turned out to be behind all this) that I'm having trouble mustering up sympathy.

Agreed.  I can't feel bad for Lulu since despite everything that she was told, she really didn't have to lie to Dante about any of this.  The lie was so unnecessary, and that was what got the ball rolling for all of this.

The one redeeming thing we hopefully get is that when Lulu finds out, she acknowledges that her lie was the spark for all of this.  And Lulu is more self-aware than most of Port Charles, so I think she will.

(edited)

Jesse Hubbard taught me two things: One, anyone can be brought back from the dead no matter how final it looked, appearing in Heaven and all. And Two, if a story is good enough/the actors are completely worth it, that can be over looked. Number Two definitely will not be applying here.

Although, hah, Liz won't even be able to have any goodwill about Joss to save her once the CarlyBeast finds out about Jason. She'll be begging Helena to board with Robin (and Helena will let her, because Robin can't catch a break anywhere.)

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 5

Bwah! Yet she's still the definition of homewrecker!

So is Lucky going to drop off Jake and then leave again? If so, can he find Robin? And maybe dig up Georgie, Alan, AJ, Justus, and AMC's Leo while he's at it??

Throw in OLTL's Gabrielle and Al and you've got a deal. *sniff* 

• Love 5

I wonder if the show realized that pretty much no one gives a tinker's damn about Sam/Patrick so they think Silas would make it more of a quad. The problem is, for all the, "Kelly and Michael were so hot for a month or two on a soap 10 years ago!!!" hoopla, no one gave a damn about Sam/Silas either. 

I could have liked them, if they didn't turn Patrick into a super one dimensional character in the process.

• Love 5

Ditto Jesse on "All My Children"*, whose organs were donated AND who showed up as an angel numerous times in the intervening years.

* though it was the right call; Jesse and Angie's reunion at the train station gives me chills every time.

That certainly brought me back to AMC for quite a while.

and nobody who watched any part of Sam/Jason thinks there'll be even a moment of hesitation before Sam drops Patrick for Jason - married or not

Granted, Kelly doesn't write this shit, but she already said exactly this in a Michael Fairman interview ages ago. That there is no contest between Patrick and Jason for Sam.

So at least this shit is basically hammering that home.

• Love 3

It's a shame Greg Vaughan is still on DAYS. Bring him on as an ex-underwear model who buys part of Sam's ragingly successful PI business.

He is so wasted on that show. I love GV but on Days...he is one wholly unlikeable character.

Can't any of these damn shows hire some new writers that have some creativity??

So many Preverts here could & do come up with some great storylines. Seriously.