Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It's not live on the west coast, so I wonder if they will edit together the two shows (they are doing it twice, right?) if there are mistakes in one but not the other.

Oh Liz and Nik, how you don't burst into flames when you speak.

Nikolas: I've had enough with conman, liars and cheats (paraphrased)

Um, dude, look in the mirror.

Hayden was amazing today, I am officially a fan.  Anyone that tells Liz what a vile liar she is is ok in my book.

That slap looked painful....

No visible screw ups that I could see, just a few line stumbles. 

Wow, I usually skip or ff Sloane....he really is terrible.  Does he always yell his lines like he did today?  That was awful.

• Love 7

Who the heck was that woman at the end with the credits? was she drunk...........

Why does MS say the word fiance so damn weird. 

I thought KeMo was good in her scenes with Billy. He actually looked somewhat awake. 

Liz is so crazy. She is one step away from the crazy house. I loved Hayden's Wtf looks at the crazy coming out of her mouth. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Hey, is today's episode live?  There's no big winking hints in the dialogue at all! #eyeroll

Rebecca Budig is so about to get Shawned.

OMG, the Franco/Nina garbage.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well that was boring.

No spectacular fuck ups, no red faces, forgotten lines, panic stricken faces or one of the ladies falling ass over face on their super high heels.

Sam going on about Duke was...so very annoying. He was a "poor man"? GTFO with that nonsense. He didn't run the local bakery, he was a mob boss who was willing to kill not just other unarmed men whenever he felt like it but an undercover FBI agent and Mum.    

And of course the Nina and the SERIAL KILLER were on because today just needed to suck that much more.

Though I would like to suggest to those watching this "LIVE!" extravaganza in other time zones that you make a drinking game for how many times someone says "LIVE!" during the show today. It'll help ease the pain.                 

And wow, the camera work was just awful I thought. The cuts were so random and crappy and then the close ups were too close half the time cutting off the actors or the sets and - man. Bad, just bad work all around.          

And did Ron just start losing his shit all of a sudden and begin making frantic hand signals for everyone to start screaming at the top of their lungs for emphasis?

And how very Telenovelas of Carrrrlos during his death(?) scene. What was that? He was just staring at Anna while on his knees, not even tipping over or groaning? And the packet of paint blood was deployed yet again. 

Oy.     .

Oh yeah, and Ron? If I was meant to be left with bated breath wondering just who the secret "fiance" is for the Nina over the weekend? You failed, you smug ass. Failed good and hard.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3
(edited)

Who stumbled?

Kelly had a tiny flub that I heard but nothing major.   

Personally I was hoping some kind of light fixture would fall during Roger and Michelle's scenes because...dear god they were torture. Utter, complete torture.  

So what you're saying CPP83, is that the live show of that soap on Tootsie was better?

Oh god yeah. This was...it was the worst of GH on steroids, imho.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5
(edited)

Who the heck was that woman at the end with the credits? was she drunk...........

Why does MS say the word fiance so damn weird. 

I thought KeMo was good in her scenes with Billy. He actually looked somewhat awake. 

Liz is so crazy. She is one step away from the crazy house. I loved Hayden's Wtf looks at the crazy coming out of her mouth. 

Lilly Melgar who played Sonny's wife Lily.

Who stumbled?

Kelly Monaco, she said order instead of oil.

My Opinion of the show today - Carlos was extra hot today, loved RH while he was talking to an off screen Nina and Grayson was way OTT and in telenova territory today.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 3
(edited)

Also?  I don't buy Anna - who was able to resist killing Faison after he terrorized her and her loved ones for years - killing Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos. 

And now stupid Sloane will probably cover it up while we're expected to swoon.  Puh-lease.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Who stumbled?

Kelly said orders instead of oil but caught herself and corrected.  And I think Will or Mo missed a cue when Sonny was asking Julian what was so funny.  I also noticed Tyler smiling and/or trying not to laugh briefly.

And how very Telenovelas of Carrrrlos during his death(?) scene. What was that? He was just staring at Anna while on his knees, not even tipping over or groaning? And the packet of paint blood was deployed yet again.     

I hadn't realized that Carlos attended law school in between shooting Duke and tying up Sabrina, but he was talking about the evidence and hearsay rules as though he had. Good for him. He's not great at dying quickly and efficiently, though. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Also?  I don't buy Anna - who was able to resist killing Faison after he terrorized her and her loved ones for years - killing Caaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos. 

I know right?  Please.  Duke chose his path when he started working for Sonny.  He was NOT some poor innocent bystander.    I do not buy that Anna would compromise her integrity like this over Carlos when she didn't do it to the man that has ruined half of her life.  The man that kidnapped her daughter and made her think she was dead.  The daughter, I might add, that IS an innocent bystander. 

Please, we all know Hayden isn't going to spill.  Either her or Sam will get shot first, I am not including Jake in that because he IS the target, and the chances of Shawn hitting his actual target is 0.

Did Hayden say anything? This is killing me.

She said she had something to tell them that would affect both of them (Sam and Jake).  That's where the scene ended.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 10
(edited)

Did Hayden say anything? This is killing me.

Nope, just that what she had to say would affect both Jake(son) and Sam.

Meanwhile, Liz whined about being a pariah.  Girl, please, you should have thought about that before you threw away your integrity for mobster peen.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14

I believe that the woman flipping the cards at the end was Lilly, Sonny's old (pregnant) flame who went Boom in a car bombing many moons ago, meant for Sonny, hence MB yelling "Bomb!" and tossing whatever that thing was that he tossed. She did sorta look drunk and the whole thing was awkward, but it looked like they were having fun with it.

• Love 4
(edited)

Overall, I enjoyed the show and thought they pulled it off well. The only mistake I caught was KeMo's. (And, of course, the whole mistake of Nina and Franco still existing. Shouldn't they be out of the hotel now? Liv's secret is out.)

I thought Carlos died well; it reminded me of Kevin Spacey's death in LA Confidential, even down to the fact that someone who was larger than life as a person died quietly. 

It did amuse/amaze me that MB didn't stutter at all; I may have to go back to my opinion of him from the '80s -- that he talks that way to get more facetime on screen. 

I am hoping that Greenlee gets to break the news to Jake on Monday. That reveal has already been too long in coming. 

It took me a minute to recognize Lily. It was nice to see her, but I do hope it's just a 1 or 2 day appearance. 

ETA: Wasn't Sloan already on the docks when he got the tip about Carlos? How could he NOT have gotten to the scene of Anna's crime  yet? How big are the PC docks? And, I'm not too happy with Anna committing murder, either. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4

I have violent reactions when I see Lily's stupid face.  I don't usually take my hate of the character out on the actress (I actually LIKE Becky) but Melgar....Just ugh.  I hate Lily so so so much.  Her degree of pathetic puts Liz to shame.  That's how bad she was.

Kelly got to manhandle Billy a lot today.  I bet that was fun.

• Love 4

Nope, just that what she had to say would affect both Jake(son) and Sam.

Meanwhile, Liz whined about being a pariah.  Girl, please, you should have thought about that before you threw away your integrity for mobster peen.

maybe she can get advice for being town pariah from Ric or scotty I'd say AJ but hes dead lol.

• Love 2
(edited)

There is some amazing ambient sound going on here.

I can't believe they did a "live" gag with Stafford and the table.

"I'm here now - live and in person!" Enough, Ron.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11
(edited)

I hadn't realized that Carlos attended law school in between shooting Duke and tying up Sabrina, but he was talking about the evidence and hearsay rules as though he had. Good for him. He's not great at dying quickly and efficiently, though. 

Maybe he completed a "Shawshank Redemption" reschooling while in prison from before.

And really I must ask, why  does everyone on this show always attempt an escape from the law by bloody boat?

It is one of the slowest methods of transportation but hey, when you're in a rush to skip town after committing murder, who wouldn't want to go by tug boat?

Though I was secretly hoping that the same boat caption from before would make an appearance.

Kelly got to manhandle Billy a lot today.  I bet that was fun.

I think Billy even had a line (or maybe he just adlibbed, heh) that she really needed to stop hitting him.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5
(edited)

I thought the little gag with Lily at the end was kinda fun.  If they were smart, they'd do a completely different tag when the west coast show ends.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
And did Ron just start losing his shit all of a sudden and begin making frantic hand signals for everyone to start screaming at the top of their lungs for emphasis?

That'd be Frank. He's the one on set. Ron's sitting in his apartment in New York.

can't believe they did a "live" gag with Stafford and the table.

Dare I ask what it was?

Oh, and I'm convinced Anna isn't Anna anymore.  It's some random person in a mask. 

• Love 1

I haven't spotted anything yet, but I'm about 10 mins behind. I did hear someone whispering right after the first cut away from Stafford to Sabrina.

I did love Grayson McCouch standing stock-still in his mark as the camera cut to him, then boop - on switch!

She said she had something to tell them that would effect both of them (Sam and Jake).  That's where the scene ended.

Yawn. Per soap tropes and Ron being a shitty hack, we already know there will be some sort of interruption and...oops, it was nothing. Really! See ya!

Wake me if this shit ever wraps up before I'm in Depends and searching for my dentures in a glass.

• Love 6

Ron must be ready to spit nails that someone dared to interrupt his epic live masterpiece. 

Is it me, or did they dye Liz and Greenlee's hair to match each other?  If Greenlee's wasn't longer, you wouldn't know for sure who you were looking at from the back and sides. 

• Love 1

Ooh, do tell!

While Jason/Jake and Sam were yelling at each in the garage they accidentally cut over to Sonny's house set and you could see Mo's hands and the drink tray behind him. It only lasted like 3-4 seconds and then they cut back to the garage set. Also, WdV totally laughed when he shouldn't have as Mo was shoving him up against the drink tray and the glasses were breaking underneath him. 

• Love 2

Ron must be ready to spit nails that someone dared to interrupt his epic live masterpiece. 

Is it me, or did they dye Liz and Greenlee's hair to match each other?  If Greenlee's wasn't longer, you wouldn't know for sure who you were looking at from the back and sides. 

They probably got a deal on that dye color like they did with all the gray paint. 

• Love 5

Annnnd there's the special report to interrupt the 3pm show. 

I knew it was gonna happen lol I just did. Ron should have known too. Of course this is fairly newsworthy, but still.

i thought that too.

• Love 1
(edited)

They cut back to Sonny's drawing room mid-scene with Sam and Jake! That's straight out of live As the World Turns in the '60s or something.

OMG! Live News interrupting a LIVE show. RC must be beside himself.

For fuck's sake! What the hell did New York interrupt for this time? A fire? A funeral? An archdiocese?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

Ok.....I haven't watched today yet (at work) and I don't want to spoiler myself reading today's posts, so from yesterday.....

When Sloane touched Anna I yelled "Get your hands off her you f'n Neanderthal!!"  That guy just gives me the creeps.

Yeah....Sonny...it's all about your paaaaain.  Got it.

FH made me cry.  She's too good for this shit.

Hubby did appreciate Carly's boobage.

Can't wait to see today then read y'all's snark.  Have wine at the ready....

• Love 5

I can't decide who was worse Sloan or the Nina.

I was kind of hoping Greenlee would get caught in the crossfire and take a bullet meant for Jakeson. Maybe Monday.

Carrrrlos' final scene was a little light on the histrionics.

• Love 1

They cut back to Sonny's drawing room mid-scene with Sam and Jake! That's straight out of live As the World Turns in the '60s or something.

For fuck's sake! What the hell did New York interrupt for this time? A fire? A funeral? An archdiocese?

Verdict in the Boston bombing...Dude got the death penalty.

(edited)

Sentencing in the Boston Marathon bombing trial.

Eh, well, that's fair. Still, I hope someone has the full 3 PM feed.

Oh, we're back! And Carlos is crying. Jeffrey Parisse is going for his Daytime Participation Emmy!

Will deVry looked a little terrified as Mo body-checked him and that prop glass went flying. Did that happen last time?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1