Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ron doesn't write sexually empowered women. Sex is there to be dirty or punishing or shocking much of the time. I think we're mostly supposed to see her as some example of what a "bad" girl is - of course she's trolling for trouser snake, that's what makes her wild, etc. etc.

I left out a key word in that paragraph, that's what happens when you post right before bed. It should have said Ron, FAILING as usual is trying to write a sexually empowered female. Changes the whole meaning.

• Love 1

The more I read this, the more I know I am staying on the barge. And NOT watching this garbage again. I just stayed here ,watched Star Wars with my grandson and Darth Vader at his worse is still a much bigger improvement over GH. Do FrankenRon really expect fans to see their side of this mess. ?

• Love 3

I am so incredibly done with RH's Franco's SNL-comedy-skit approach to GH.

And what the whatever was with that ELQ share mess?  And how long before those shares find their way to Dark Nik? 

Saved by baby Avery.  Focusing on her face was the best GH episode ending this week. 

• Love 7

Avery was by far the best thing about today's show

Spinelli: I'm willing to accept just friendship from you

No you aren't Spinelli! You never are! 

I know there are many, many characters who should go before Maxie, but if this is the best they can do with her maybe they should just write her off. And plus I don't know if it's just because she's extra bouncy when she's holding her daughter, but KSt is just coming off tense and nervy in most of her scenes.

Calm down Michael. Okay I know it's the drugs. Still, calm down.

I was not hating this Olivia story until Ned gave over his stocks. That's fucking ridiculous. Yeah. Give your stocks over to the rapist- serial killer just for this not that big of a secret.

previews: Dante telling Valerie Lulu will forgive her, meanwhile Lulu of course yaps about Valerie not getting to decide Luke's fate.* What about me Lulu, what about me? Do I get to decide Luke's fate? Can we make that a Fan April poll?

*I can't wait for Valerie and Lulu to scrunch their faces up at each other. I really miss JMB sometimes.

• Love 10

No you aren't Spinelli! You never are!

I've figured it out: Spinelli is Ric's secret son. Both of them think nothing of pressuring women for the answers they (the men) want.

• Love 6

Avery was by far the best thing about today's show

No you aren't Spinelli! You never are! 

I know there are many, many characters who should go before Maxie, but if this is the best they can do with her maybe they should just write her off. And plus I don't know if it's just because she's extra bouncy when she's holding her daughter, but KSt is just coming off tense and nervy in most of her scenes.

Calm down Michael. Okay I know it's the drugs. Still, calm down.

I was not hating this Olivia story until Ned gave over his stocks. That's fucking ridiculous. Yeah. Give your stocks over to the rapist- serial killer just for this not that big of a secret.

previews: Dante telling Valerie Lulu will forgive her, meanwhile Lulu of course yaps about Valerie not getting to decide Luke's fate.* What about me Lulu, what about me? Do I get to decide Luke's fate? Can we make that a Fan April poll?

*I can't wait for Valerie and Lulu to scrunch their faces up at each other. I really miss JMB sometimes.

Can I co-sign all of this!  I'm not sure I can write lengthy comments about today without a string of expletives. 

And I will voice a strong second to your last sentence "I really miss JMB sometimes."  I've been feeling that way all week. 

• Love 4

I hope Nina kills Kiki. Two birds, one stone. Kiki has gotten really disgusting, but even more annoying is how totally annoying she is. Her expressions, her voice, her unearned indignation- I hate her. Morgan is terrible too, and that just makes me sad. Avery? Now, her I adore. But I'm terrified that we're about to find out that she is Morgan's baby, and he and Kiki will have permanent custody. I used to really want Morgan to be her dad, but I didn't mean *this* Morgan.

Now Franco wants ELQ too? What is even going on?

Somebody test the damn pills already!!

I hate Spinelli a little more every time I see him, and I hate that he makes me like Maxie less. I really hate their ridiculous revisionist history too- there is no way that they make each other better people. All evidence shows the opposite.

• Love 12

And I will voice a strong second to your last sentence "I really miss JMB sometimes."  I've been feeling that way all week. 

I know she's better off though. So is Kim McCullough, who I sincerely hope never shows up again, because it will just be another kidnapping plot that won't be resolved. I need her to let RC dig his own self out of this hole.

Today's show left me annoyed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I know she's better off though. So is Kim McCullough, who I sincerely hope never shows up again, because it will just be another kidnapping plot that won't be resolved. I need her to let RC dig his own self out of this hole.

Today's show left me annoyed.

Yes, she is - as is Kim.  On days like today, I feel especially happy for actors who are no longer around this mess.

Annoyed along with you. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

I hate Spinelli a little more every time I see him, and I hate that he makes me like Maxie less. I really hate their ridiculous revisionist history too- there is no way that they make each other better people. All evidence shows the opposite.

they're practically neck-in-neck with Sonny and Carly when it comes to making each other worse, not better. And at this point I don't want Spinelli back with Ellie though, he doesn't deserve it. Maxie should leave town with some hot guy, tell spinelli she doesn't want him and she never will, and leave Spin in her dust. Then he calls Ellie and she tells him she's moved on with someone else. Spinelli leaves Georgie with Mac and Felicia and goes away never to return, please.

• Love 3

Their enabling usually backfires, like when they insisted on covering up Michael killing Claudia when it was clearly self-defense. 

Michael has been coddled and indulged his whole life, which I find a type of enabling in and of itself. 

I don't see Michael being coddled.  I think that applies to Morgan much more.  Michael was the constant victim of whatever mess Sonny, Carly, and Jason got themselves into, and in order to ease their guilt, they indulged him.  Usually with an "I'm SO sorry."  Then Michael would coddle THEM by telling them it wasn't their fault, and he loves them, and he knows that they never wanted anything bad to happen to him.  I mean think about what Michael has been through in his life:  bombs as birthday presents, kidnappings, drive-by shootings, faked deaths, brainwashing, being shot, coma, brain damage, anger issues, killing someone, going to prison, being raped, etc. . . To me, that is not a person who has been indulged or coddled or spoiled.  That's two parents trying to assuage their guilt over the COUNTLESS times they have put their son in the cross-hairs of their enemies or in the case of Carly, allowed it to continue.  Morgan is truly a coddled child.  Even now, in his early 20s, he remains unemployed and living with mommy.  He has no prospects and no aspirations, but he is constantly telling everyone else what they should be doing.  He needs Jax to come back and give him a good swift kick in the ass.

They could have done a much better job with Kiki's motivation.  If Kiki hadn't jumped on board Morgan's "Michael shouldn't have Avery!!" train until after he hired Sabrina as nanny, it would have, at least, made some sense.  You could have had Morgan ranting and raving about how awful it was while Kiki made some effort to maintain a cordial relationship with Michael so she could see AJ.  Then she goes over to visit one day and finds the woman who switched her mother's medications while pregnant, almost killing the baby, hired on as her new nanny, and she goes back to Morgan and says "you're right, we need to do something." 

As for Morgan, while he's an idiot, at least we can kind of get that he's doing this because he is desperate to be Sonny's number one son.  

I actually think it makes more sense for Morgan to be more reluctant and Kiki to be gung-ho.  It's Morgan's actions that puzzle me and not Kiki's.  She's been a lying liar who lies since she arrived, and she took pleasure in her deception and manipulation, and then got mad at Michael for daring to question her when she got caught in her lies.  Michael and Morgan actually HAVE a loving history together.  IT makes no sense to me that it was Morgan that came up with the drugging idea and Kiki's the one had some trepidation.  That's just RC catering to his creation again.  I swear, the way he favors HIS new characters over the GH vets is infuriating.  So it took Ned all of three seconds to just turn over his shares of ELQ to Franco.  REALLY, RC?  At least put some effort into it before you make Franco the victor - again.

• Love 6

I hope Nina kills Kiki. Two birds, one stone. Kiki has gotten really disgusting, but even more annoying is how totally annoying she is. Her expressions, her voice, her unearned indignation- I hate her. 

If Kiki doesn't watch it, some ACME guillotine is gonna catch her when she's jutting her head back like that.

I don't see Michael being coddled.  I think that applies to Morgan much more.  Michael was the constant victim of whatever mess Sonny, Carly, and Jason got themselves into, and in order to ease their guilt, they indulged him.  Usually with an "I'm SO sorry."  Then Michael would coddle THEM by telling them it wasn't their fault, and he loves them, and he knows that they never wanted anything bad to happen to him. 

Sure, Morgan is coddled, even more coddled than Michael. But Michael was coddled. Angry Michael used to run around town saying how he wanted to be part of the mob and his three parents just laughed it off and said it was because things were so tough for him. Hell, Dante got in on the act too often enough. Michael got out of control and beat up Trey and what was Dante's response? "Don't beat up Trey because he's the kind of douche who's gonna report you, and you can't afford that since you're an ex-con", instead of "hey, learn to control your temper and not beat up people, even if they are douches."

That is the way Michael has been coddled his whole life. Or when he was a kid and tried to order Sam to leave town or ordered a hit on someone, and they just excused it with "oh he's having a hard time right now" and not therapy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

The Avery Bavery baby is seriously the cutest baby ever.

I loved Alexis' bitch face at The Captain & The Mooch at the beginning.

Now more than ever Dante, Nathan, Lucas, and Michael need to have a guys night out.

• Love 4

Damn. Avery's been kidnapped so many times that she's gotta be a Quartermaine or a Scorpio.

I'm thinking Micheal or AJ really is the father (maybe Jason) and Robin is the mother. I don't care what I saw. With that many kidnappings.... there's no way anyone wants a Jerome nor a Corinthos that much.

• Love 2

Since Silas has Avery's blood work, I have no doubt that she will turn out to be a match for Ava however it looks like that poor baby will be kidnapped yet again.

And I'm sure we're supposed to think it was Michael or Nina doing the kidnapping…but I bet it's Ava. And I'll be sure to not feign shock if I'm right because Ron is way too obvious with his writing.

So CPS is willing to yank Avery from Michael based on that video, but Kiki's little outburst gets barely a glance? At least Sabrina will put the town brain to use come Monday.

Speaking of brains, if Maxie's was dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow her nose (as my mom used to say). That goes for Spinelli also. Spixie have always brought out the worst in each other since the first time Spinelli decided he was in love. Maybe we can neuter him and all will be well.

Julian offering Olivia "protection" from Franco made me laugh for some reason. And Ron, Franco is fetch…never gonna happen.

I LOVED when Nina whispered her anti-Ava insult to Kiki.  I've reached the point that anyone who causes Kiki pain automatically goes up in my favor.

• Love 9

So CPS is willing to yank Avery from Michael based on that video, but Kiki's little outburst gets barely a glance? At least Sabrina will put the town brain to use come Monday.

The social worker had already left the area with Avery and Morgan, so she didn't witness the altercation. Nathan also agreed with Silas that nothing happened to spare Kiki and Nina the embarrassment of taking anyone to jail over it.

• Love 1

I was ready to roll my eyes at poor Lucas getting stuck listening to Nathan (who he's never spoken to before) whine about Maxie, but I kinda liked their scene.  The contrivance that kicked off the conversation (Nathan going in for a follow-up regarding his gunshot injury) actually made sense.  I'd endorse, as Lucas suggested, a Nathan/Maxie/Lucas/Brad double date.

Ned even thinking about giving Franco his ELQ shares over this stupid secret is BULLSHIT.  I can't wait to see him try and explain this to Michael.  "I know I was just yelling at you about the lost shares, but I just handed mine over to the SERIAL KILLER who had you raped.  Why?  No reason."  BULLSHIT.

How fucking dumb is Morgan.  Did Kiki's line about Avery "coming home where she belongs, with the Jeromes" not ring any bells that she's totally playing him? 

I assume it's Ava sneaking up on Avery in the cliffhanger, but I'm sure we'll have to sit through poor persecuted Nina being wrongly accused of the crime.  Crazy bitch, please.

Shut up, Silas.

ETA...and after seeing the preview, shut the fuck up, Lulu.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Avery is the cutest baby ever - by far the best thing about today.  Just based on the preview, I already want to punch the shit out of Spinelli for his little "ahem" moment.  He sounds like he is gearing up to gloat about Maxie agreeing to be with him.  Tree-like as he may be, Nathan is the only adult in the room.  He needs to withdraw his declaration to Maxie and run in the other direction as fast as he can.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 2

She's been a lying liar who lies since she arrived, and she took pleasure in her deception and manipulation, and then got mad at Michael for daring to question her when she got caught in her lies.

Uh, I don't like Kiki much, either, but other than this scheme about Avery, when did she take pleasure in her deception and manipulation?  I never saw or heard any indication of that.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1
Tree-like as he may be, Nathan is the only adult in the room.  He needs to withdraw his declaration to Maxie and run in the other direction as fast as he can.

Right to Anna.

other than this scheme about Avery, when did she take pleasure in her deception and manipulation?

When we first met Lauren, she was cackling about setting up Morgan at a poker game where he'd lose a bunch of dough. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Uh, I don't like Kiki much, either, but other than this scheme about Avery, when did she take pleasure in her deception and manipulation?  I never saw or heard indication of that.

Maybe 'take pleasure' is the wrong way to put it, but OTOH she knew about Sonny killing AJ for a fair while, and as long as Michael was in the dark about it, she shrugged and said, So what?

• Love 1

Maybe 'take pleasure' is the wrong way to put it, but OTOH she knew about Sonny killing AJ for a fair while, and as long as Michael was in the dark about it, she shrugged and said, So what?

Kiki was more disgusted about Carly cheating on her SERIAL KILLER buddy Franco than she was about Sonny and Carly's role in AJ's death.

• Love 3

THIS. Please fire him. Immediately. It's embarrassing.

Now more than ever Dante, Nathan, Lucas, and Michael need to have a guys night out.

I approve of this so hard.

This ep sucked. I can't even deal with it. When the best characters are Michael and Sabrina, you know there's a major problem.

• Love 8

I seriously wanted to jump into the TV and kick both Morgan and Kiki in their smug faces and I'm not even a big Michael fan. 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 8

I seriously wanted to jump into the TV and kick both Morgan and Kiki in their smug faces and I'm not even a big Michael fan. 

That is pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to on GH lately. Morgan stamping his foot and saying "I did it all for YOU" when he realizes that Sonny and co aren't actually going to thank him.

• Love 10

This ep sucked. I can't even deal with it. When the best characters are Michael and Sabrina, you know there's a major problem.

I turned it off halfway through the ep when I realized I hated more than half of the people in every scene

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

So who got custody of the baby?  I skipped the past 2 days, and have no desire to actually watch.

Kiki. But it's fairly obvious someone is about to snatch Avery before Kiki can take her home.

• Love 1

That is pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to on GH lately. Morgan stamping his foot and saying "I did it all for YOU" when he realizes that Sonny and co aren't actually going to thank him.

When I read this post I immediately flashed back to Faison saying "I did it for yoooouuuuuu, Anna" after he had been exposed as Fonduke.

• Love 9

pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to on GH lately. Morgan stamping his foot and saying "I did it all for YOU" when he realizes that Sonny and co aren't actually going to thank him.

And we all know its coming, because Morgan won't be able to keep quiet about it, if he thinks Sonny will give him some praise. He's like a dumb dog bringing dead birds to its master, hoping to get a biscuit. 

That, at the very least, is consistent about Morgan. It makes sense that he's got such daddy (and mommy) issues given how he has always been an afterthought in his parent's lives.

Also, there is no way in hell Ned would sign over all his ELQ shares. 

• Love 7

Is it wrong that I want RH to start giving interviews where he talks shit about his character and the writing? After everything Ron has done in a pathetic attempt to make this freak 'happen', I imagine him getting so pissed off that he doesn't even bothered to right an exit story for him. A bag of bricks would just fall from the sky one day and hit Franco in the head and that would be that.

• Love 4

At this point, I'm rooting for Anna and Dante to head out of town for a weekend, Emma be sent away to camp, and Jerry and that damn water virus to return and wipe out the rest of the town.

• Love 3

It's amazing how many different guardians (legal or otherwise) baby AJ has had in her very short life.  Ava, Nina, Nina & Franco, Kiki, Sonny, Michael, Kiki, and whoever is about to kidnap her.  Even on a show where almost every kid has had a who's-the-daddy story or multiple stepparents, or has been kidnapped, or all three, Little AJ is shattering the record.  

Which is part of why I'm so irritated - I really wanted Michael to have her for a while, in large part because I'm so sick of the custody revolving door.  

• Love 8