Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

ReRon's MoRonic campy hack heartless writing

You should trademark that BestestAuntEver, before someone else does!

I should've said that, too, I'm so thrilled to find you guys here snarking like mad -- it's almost like TWoP never went away. ;)

Wait, this isn't TWoP? 

Dr. O was saying that if it was Luke as the corpse, it had to be from decades ago, which made me think this was Bill Eckert dug up.

Hand to God, I quit watching GH, for the first time, within six months of Bill Eckert showing up.  

And it looks like he might be the impetus for me to kick this habit a third time.*  Good going, Bill.  Really good going.

*I'll concede that the second time I kicked the GH habit was in 1999, and it had nothing to do with Bill Eckert.

Edited by Francie

My god, Michael is a petulant child.  GET OVER IT ALREADY.  SO Sonny killed (KILLED) your father.  It's been long enough, the grudge is now just silly and petty. 

I am seeing RED every time anyone says Michael needs to "get over it", like Sonny forgot to give him his weekly allowance or something.   STFU Morgan, STFU Carly.  Stand your ground Michael. 

Ugh, I may hate Liz, but I do think Becky is a decent actress.  She was awful today, IMO.  Extra breathy, and she does NOT do righteous confrontation well.  And her perma bitch face doesn't help. 

Baby Avery makes my ovaries quiver.  Morgan and Kiki make me want to spork out my own eyes.

• Love 10

Everything surrounding Sonny's pardon from the governor gave me rage blackouts.  Yes, this is a soap, and yes, Sonny was obviously not going to spend the rest of the show's life in prison, but it didn't have to be this much of a joke.  Pardoning someone - a known mobster and murderer - for purely personal reasons?  Babbling on and on about the importance of family and how it would have devastated him to lose his daughter in front of the dead man's son as he sets his killer free?  Calling Sonny a "boon to the community" and a "respected businessman" and trying to assert that the mob ties are all just rumors?  Flat-out horseshit.

And naturally, the show is framing Sonny as the martyr, with his weak-as-hell protests that the governor immediately poo-poohed, and Michael as a whiny brat who should apparently be doing a dance of joy that AJ's murderer is free after two fucking months.

And then there's fucking Morgan again, snarling that "Mikey" should just get over it.  Shut up, you little turd.  You held on to a grudge against Sonny longer than this and that was just for spilling the Kiki secret beans, not MURDERING YOUR FATHER.  GAH!

And Carly too, still insisting that Sonny is Michael's father when he dares to bring up AJ, having not apologized or learned her lesson, but poised to get absolutely everything she wants.

I fucking hate this show.

• Love 24

The great: Michael being furious that Sonny "murdered my father" and deserves to still be in Pentonville. (I loved that he called Sonny out.) CD was great with the "How the hell did you pull this off?!" line and tirade.Tracy reacting to the Luke fingerprint news.  Lulu's mention of Lucky/GH history, and the look on Elizabeth's face when 'Jake' said mind control. Good work in the jail  scenes, by Jane and Becky. I like Jane's acting when Tracy isn't yelling.

The UGH: Sonny's tears about getting a pardon ... Carly's happiness/being a bitch toward Michael ... Morgan, Kiki ... Patrick talking to Sam about all the time spent with Danny while she was still asleep (he took his new gf's son to Mac and Felicia's too?!) ... everything Luke and Helena; Jeebus TG. ...Sam - buy a clue. Also, that Samtrick kiss was awkward-looking ... I'm amused that Sam told Patrick the sex took her mind off the Jake questions "for a minute." She certainly isn't acting like someone who's just had great sex, lol ... So Sonny barely acknowledges Morgan and is "just here to see my daughter." 

Wow, this is the first time little Spencer has been okay/tolerable for most of an episode. But Nikolas, you sound like a dumbass. Yes, Helena IS all bad. And you've never liked her. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

Another tiresome, boring and unimpressive Monday .

Tony's acting is getting progressively worse all the time, I have not seen him preform this badly in some time.

If KA ever gets another acting gig someone really needs to teach her how to fake cry. Watching her trying to today was just...ghastly. I almost felt bad for her but then recalled the character she;s playing and I then wished a grand piano would come flying through that tiny window and crushed both she and Morgan. Morgan is really...

I've no use for Morgan normally on a good day, but right now I'd like for him to get run over by a freight train.

Gotta love the always observant Samantha. She brings up Jake's memory of her giving him that stupid ass statue, then she recalls that the only other person on Earth who would give a damn about it besides her is Jason, the very man she gave it to the night he "died" and yet she still has "no clue" how it all connects together...

And of course Patrick only cares about hitting the sheets with her. Robin who?

• Love 2
And Carly too, still insisting that Sonny is Michael's father when he dares to bring up AJ, having not apologized or learned her lesson, but poised to get absolutely everything she wants.

Remember when AJ was first shot and Michael and Carly were sitting in the hospital and Michael said to her that she didn't have to pretend to care about AJ and she responded with "you love AJ and I love you?"  Anyone remember that?  How fast that went out the window the moment Sonny was the known killer.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 5

Was that an April Fools episode?

No, seriously. Is it April 1st?

I didn't think Patrick could be more disgusting and he goes and proves me wrong. Sam is talking about Helena, the woman ROBIN brought back from the dead, who is a known evil, crazy bitch, and nothing goes off in Patty's brain but "Let's screw!"? This is cute? And now this idiot is taking care of Danny, while his own daughter is who knows where? Male Sabrina.

New drinking game: Take a shot every time Samtrick talk about Jake/Jason. It's all they do.

The Sonny stuff is a damn joke. RUMORS that he's a mobster? What?? And Michael is once again treated like he's an annoying pest who won't let go that Sonny murdered his father? Ok.

Nik is an idiot. Hells isn't "all bad"? The fuck?

Morgan is the worst. He gets it from his mama.

Liz acting all outraged when she doesn't know Jake really was dumb. I miss Lucky with all this Lucky talk.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10
Yes, this is a soap, and yes, Sonny was obviously not going to spend the rest of the show's life in prison, but it didn't have to be this much of a joke

Ron wouldn't have it any other way. The way he writes this whole show is a joke, imho.

If he can pardon a SERIAL KILLER by writing in a brain tumour, and give a crazy murderess a total pardon and a job as head of a hospital, I'm pretty sure he sees this business with Sonny as a piece of cake.

• Love 1

I guess Dante got pulled out of the corridor by the "if I'm in one more scene I'm gonna go over my maximum?" tractor beam? Fine by me, I didn't need to see him all happy that Sonny was getting out. But seriously, his absence was a bit conspicuous. He just disappeared from the hallway, he would have made much more sense in the scene with Tracy/Lulu than Nathan, and then Lulu has an off screen phone conversation with him. If they're gonna have him off-screen why not say he was off-screen recuperating from the crowbar to the head? It's like this show goes out of its way not to make sense.

Speaking of people I didn't need to see all happy, shut the fuck up, Carly! I need Brenda to come back to town now. She needs a reminder of where she comes in on Sonny's totem pole. And no that's not a metaphor.

I found myself wondering during the Patrick/Sam scenes how much that wall decoration behind her bed cost. Seems like an usual splurge for GH.

Really Nik? When are these moments when you like Helena? When?

Tony Geary, go home. You're drunk.

It was sweet when baby Avery reached towards Morgan but overall he bored me today. This makes me sad.

Oh, I loved it when Tracy wagged her finger at Nathan in a "no-no" gesture when Nathan talked about "letting" Lulu go see Luke. I wonder if RP got confused. "What's that! Do I have another line! Is that morse code!"

Liz acting all outraged when she doesn't know Jake really was dumb. I miss Lucky with all this Lucky talk.

I like Liz, but it isn't Jake's fault she decided to trust a random amnesiac off the street.

I am really tired of that phoenix/dragon/smurf toy.

You think it's bad now, you should have been around when that first popped up. It was nuts. 

I didn't hate today's show, but I muted the Sonny scenes, except for when Carly snarled, "don't talk to him that way" or whatever bullshit thing she said.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Remember when AJ was first shot and Michael and Carly were sitting in the hospital and Michael said to her that she didn't have to pretend to care about AJ and she responded with "you love AJ and I love you?" Anyone remember that? How fast that went out the window the moment Sonny was the known killer.

That was probably the last time I liked Carly. I remember how supportive she was and how she put her hate for AJ aside for Michael...until it became all about Sonny.

I am so glad Michael isn't allowed to forgive his parents yet. I usually love Morgan, but he's being unreasonable.

• Love 1

Whatever Geary is on, I'll take the same dose at 2:30 EST (gotta give it time to kick in) Weekdays, please.

Why doesn't the governor just say what he's really thinking, "My daughter, like so many others, on the boat are THIN. AJ robbed all the Campbells Heart Healthy Soups from our grocery stores while eating Cheeto's!"

• Love 11

Didnt take long for Liz to be team Jake again. 

It makes sense to those who recall the Liz and Lucky storyline when JY was the first Lucky recast. Also, she doesn't want to believe she could have such terrible judgement about a man yet again. Having Elizabeth realize Helena has done this now to two of her great loves, Lucky and Jason, could give Herbst some good, meaty material to perform. 

• Love 3

I like Liz, but it isn't Jake's fault she decided to trust a random amnesiac off the street.

This.  Liz, you want to avoid issues like this, don't take in amnesiacs you don't know from a hole in the ground into your home, the one you share with small children.

• Love 5

It makes sense to those who recall the Liz and Lucky storyline when JY was the first Lucky recast.

Yeah, I get that. Idk she just could have been more angry with him longer given how much of an idiot he made out of her in the first place. But like someone mentioned that was not his fault that she trusted him in the first place.

• Love 1

I want Cookie Monster from Empire to swing by this shit show and chin check erbody, beginning with Carly and ending with Luke. Show what a Boss bitch really looks like.

I tell ya, I've tried with this ridiculous show. I've only been watching for about 3 years, and today felt like 3 years too many. I just feel like RC hates the viewer, hates the genre, and wishes he was writing for American Horror Story, midgety moobster edition. There has been nothing in the last month that would draw new eyes to this fucked up mess. Do they really think the 18-49 demo will tune in for this? When you've got OITNB, House of Cards, Empire, etc that are doing it so much better why would anyone (besides us few, us sad & drunk & barge bound few) start watching this dreck on purpose? And if I was the governor of NY I'd be super pissed at them showing that pardon on air, and the speech that went with it. Can a sister still get a ticket to the barge without having put all the time in?

• Love 12

This. Liz, you want to avoid issues like this, don't take in amnesiacs you don't know from a hole in the ground into your home, the one you share with small children.

Yep. And what's more annoying for me is the fact that Liz was made to be a fool in that way all for a plot point.

Damn, mad looks good on Micheal. I loved that he immediately went there to Sonny pleading guilty to get a pardon like it was planned, then blamed Shawn and all. Dots connected. High five, Mr. Quartermaine. Now you have a Brenda to bang, a hotel to steal, and a coffee emporium to take.

Poor Avery. She knows not what she's gotten into. Maybe Brenda and Micheal can raise her and then change her name to something that pisses Sonny and Carly off. It's like Avery has no role models. At all.

Sam and Patrick are dumb as two happy meal toys. Btw, those toys were featured when Sam left Borg Jason over "I will not abort my baby because you say so" and left to eat cheetos where she chilled with McBain. But now I guess we aren't allowed to remember that. Much like Sam can't add 2 +2. God, Jason needs to kick Patrick's ass.

• Love 4

Jylaki, that was a great post about bipolar disorder, and a terrific thought about Sonny having a personality disorder, which I think, too.

I am a therapist who also has bipolar disorder.  I hate the way MB talks about how he is "helping others" with his lame storyline - the only thing anyone learnt from it was "take your meds."  As if that was the only thing to do for it.  We all know Sonny won't go for therapy, though, and it's exactly right that it's because he has a personality disorder, I am guessing a mixture of all 3 types (narcissistic, borderline, anti-social).  He has absolutely NO insight, will NEVER admit that anything that goes wrong in his life (and others') is a result of his poor choices, and Snarly and the others just enable every bad thing he ever does by excusing him, time and time again ad nauseum.

I really need to stay off the GH Facebook page, as I went to look today and now have a stomach ache from all the "Michael you're a whiny-ass", "That's how Sonny rolls! Michael stfu!",  "Aww Sonny went to see the baby", and of course the other sappy things the Sonny fans write.  Do these people not know the history of the character?  Or of Jason's? 

I watched GH from 1968 until about 1997 when I didn't have time or a way to record the show.  Picked it up again about 3 years ago, when I became disabled.  So I didn't know anything about Jason, but to watch some of the videos you guys have posted....wow.  What a cold-blooded character.  How could any character love that?  How could the fans love that?  I had seen SB on Y&R, and I am convinced he is one of the worst actors I have ever seen on a soap.  So, combining those 2 things, the bad acting and the evil character, how any fan could want SB back and "the old Jason" back...well....I can't use the word "puke" too often.

I need to use the old technique of putting a rubber band around my wrist and popping it whenever I think of going back to that FB page.  Clearly the Sonny/Jason supporters/Michael haters will not change, and any time I write something there is a backlash of insults and profanity.  I think it's much better to take my frustrations to this site.

I can't stand it that Sonny has, once again, gotten away with murder.  The scene with the governor in the hospital, with Sonny looking up with that beatific smile on his face, was just rage-provoking. 

And the thing that makes it all so scary for me is, I have worked with people like the Sonny-lovers, in psych wards.  They think that violence is ok whenever there is a problem, they find other people who abhor violence "weak", and they have this unshakable idea that, no matter what evil thing a family member does you HAVE to forgive them.  Because, you know, it's not really THEIR fault - the person they were angry at/beat up/shot MADE them do it.   To think that there are large numbers of people who really think that way about real-life people, and not just soap opera characters, has always been chilling.

Thanks for letting me spew.  Heh.

• Love 22

I couldn't decide whether to cry, barf or break my TV when TG proclaimed to the heavens:

"I am the ONE! The ONLY! ...LUCAS LORENZO SPENCER!"

And RC is so freaking proud of himself that he tweeted that line.

So, thinking about it, maybe I will cry a bit.  Honestly, TG is bad in most of this story and that makes me sad because once upon a time I used to look forward to his scenes.  And I had hoped for a worthy exit from GH for him (going here on my feeling that this is TG's swan song).   

Now I think he stayed past his best-by day.

As for the rest of the show, my ears still hurt from the governor's dialogue.

I did like Tracy, though.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 13

Best UCG:

Nathan: ...Mind control?

Lulu: Brainwashing...

I know its entirely plausible unlike anything else about this show that Nathan's heard Lucky's name around the PD or from Dante so he didn't have to question who Lulu meant, but since its Nathan I'm preferring to think he just assumed they were talking about someone with good luck.

Helena calling jailbreaks "Pedestrian" is going to be the best thing we're gonna get for a while I think.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

Me, for almost 10 minutes after Lewq's screaming his name and dramatic bow: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

eventually followed by choking, and then falling out my chair.  Thanks for the laughs, Tony!  Now get the #### off my screen.

I always like Lulu & Tracy together.  

• Love 11

Random thoughts:

I take back everything negative I've ever said about Lulu. Kiki is 10,000 times worse. And KA lamed-in that performance. She found out her mother is dead and she was all "what do you mean Pumpkin Latte season at Starbucks is over?"

Who does Michael think he is being angry that Sonny isn't going to prison for more than a month just for killing AJ. AJ's a Quartermaine and we have tons, TONS I'm telling you, of them around so what's the big deal? Michael has my full permission to not only stop calling Sonny "Dad" but to switch it out for "Murderer" permanently. 

"Hello, Son."

"Hello, Murderer."

"Michael, I'm getting back together with your father!"

"Mom, you're shaking up with the Murderer again. The Murderer who killed my father, that is. Not the other murderer you nearly married."

Yep, that'll do.

Carly heffalumped all over the Michael for daring to acknowledge basic biological facts. STFU, Carly.

No wonder the Felonious Four managed to break out of prison. Apparently anyone can wander around the cells. Also, WTF is up with having Helena and Luke across from each other? Am I supposed to believe that Luke hits the urinal in full view of Helena. Not that he could, because I'm pretty sure TG ate the entire jail set with one line today: Lucas Lorenzo Spencer. In the house, bitches!

RH and BM have a little chemistry going on.

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. No one dressed in plaid is allowed to be that horny. Why are these two constantly using Jason-talk as foreplay?

• Love 11

Sam and Patrick are dumb as two happy meal toys.

Happy Meal toys everywhere are insulted.

Patrick is a brain surgeon -- he is smarter than this. It's just crappy writing. Helena is involved in Robin's drama, Jason's drama, and Jake's drama and the one person who knows all of that has made no effort to put anything together. Robin brought Helena back to life and tried to bring Jason back as well. This Jake character remembers being in bed with Sam and giving her the dragon. Duh! Ask a question -- I mean this is the right time to call Robin to ask that specifically right. they don't even have to have KMc available at least make the effort to call her.

I guess this only way that this logical pretzel doesn't unravel is the ridiculousness that Robin chose to be away so why would they start putting the pieces together. If you accept that Robin was away against her will then the other pieces fall into place. Since Robin is being treated like a non-entity right now, I guess this is what we get. Angry Happy Meal toys and insulted boxes of hair and rocks who are loath to be compared with the brain trust that is Patrick and Sam!

On a more positive note:

I am glad I got a heads up about the governor's nonsense. I wish Michael would use his Q influence and power to not just but Sonny's business and his mom's just for spite (Jax would probably help with that!) but also make sure the governor did not get re-elected or even thrown out of office.

I like angry Michael -- as long as they allow him to continue to truth-tell, I have faint hope (which is better than all out despair about this show).

• Love 7
I take back everything negative I've ever said about Lulu. Kiki is 10,000 times worse. And KA lamed-in that performance. She found out her mother is dead and she was all "what do you mean Pumpkin Latte season at Starbucks is over?"

Hee. It isn't even that Lulu is that awesome; it's just that Kiki (and KA) is that bad. 

Now how could a woman as smart as Tracy Quartermaine not realize that she hasn't been sleeping with the real Luke Spen-- Oh, wait. #GH

Oh, okay Ron. You got me! Turns out that particular plot hole had an explanation. Now please fill me in on the 1,475 plot holes. 

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. No one dressed in plaid is allowed to be that horny. Why are these two constantly using Jason-talk as foreplay?

Oh, tosh. Are you saying they should mention something about Patrick's character or Patrick's life? Surely you jest!

• Love 2

I mean this is the right time to call Robin to ask that specifically right. they don't even have to have KMc available at least make the effort to call her.

Exactly. And, in general, Patrick should be concerned he hasn't heard from the mother of his child since September. That's enough to say, "Huh?"

• Love 1

When Patrick grew the beard, his douche game got strong. When he shaved that beard, his brain left permanently. That beard ate his brain.

Currently hiring at GH: a brain surgeon, an OB/GYN, a pediatrician, psychiatrist, therapist, endocrinologist. Must have medical degrees and experience. Also, needs thick skin. Please apply with the mean lady with the bun.

• Love 6

My god, Michael is a petulant child.  GET OVER IT ALREADY.  SO Sonny killed (KILLED) your father.  It's been long enough, the grudge is now just silly and petty. 

I am seeing RED every time anyone says Michael needs to "get over it", like Sonny forgot to give him his weekly allowance or something.   STFU Morgan, STFU Carly.  Stand your ground Michael. 

Ugh, I may hate Liz, but I do think Becky is a decent actress.  She was awful today, IMO.  Extra breathy, and she does NOT do righteous confrontation well.  And her perma bitch face doesn't help. 

Baby Avery makes my ovaries quiver.  Morgan and Kiki make me want to spork out my own eyes.

Lus

Baby Avery is the spawn of scummy. So when your ovaries start to quiver, think Morgan ,Morgan ,morgan and Kiki are of the same DNA. That should be enough to make you be celebete.! Imagine what the kid will be ?

If only someone could rehabilitate realBuffalo as well as Sonny rehabilitated fakeBuffalo.

At least Port Charles, aka Fake Buffalo, doesn't have to deal with Rex Ryan.  (or Richie Incognito).

Can someone explain this as if I were Sonny what was Fluke's and Hell's reason for blowing up the boat and all the Spensers? What did they hope to get out of it?

And all of a sudden, Sonny's claustrophobia is back. Why didn't it show up when Sonny was in prison?

• Love 1

Can someone explain this as if I were Sonny what was Fluke's and Hell's reason for blowing up the boat and all the Spensers? What did they hope to get out of it?

And all of a sudden, Sonny's claustrophobia is back. Why didn't it show up when Sonny was in prison?

1.) Fun, money, and love of explosions. They were going to get sheer joy and the money they would collect from life insurance policies. Or something something soldierboy.

2.) Because dammit Sonny was busy being a hero doing hero things.

Now that Morgan's employed, I'd like to see Maxie start looking at least.

That's a whole lot of stupid, to mention just one thing, in two people. Yikes.

Um, what?

I TOTALLY misread the intent of this: I read it as now that Morgan has a job, Maxie should look at him as a romantic interest. Hence, the stupid.

The "whole lot of stupid" is actually me.

I really need to stay off the GH Facebook page, as I went to look today and now have a stomach ache from all the "Michael you're a whiny-ass", "That's how Sonny rolls! Michael stfu!",  "Aww Sonny went to see the baby", and of course the other sappy things the Sonny fans write.  Do these people not know the history of the character?  Or of Jason's?

It's Frank's and Ron's moms writing that stuff.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

So, according to Ron on his beloved Twitter account, it's cool that Patrick was playing with Danny because he "mentioned" taking Emma to school.

But am I the only one who thinks that's not the problem? The problem is the fact that he's never around his daughter, on-screen OR off-screen. He's spending the night in Sam's home while Emma is at sleepovers or at Mac and Felicia's or with Nik or with Liz or skipping school with Spencer.

And the fact that he took Danny to Mac's is something else. But Mac probs adopted Sam at this point in Ron's world, so...

• Love 5
I still think Avery is Morgan's, too. I mean she has to be. It's a much better story. Which for RC I guess doesn't matter, but I just refuse to believe they're actually giving Sonny another child. Enough is enough!

I assume we're eventually going to get a reveal that she's really Morgan's.  I'll be disappointed if the reveal is anything but "Carly manipulated the test because she wanted to use the baby to get closer to Sonny."  Of course, she'll try to whitewash it as "I was worried about you Morgan, you're not ready to be a father, and I didn't want you to spend the rest of your life tied to that evil Ava," (ignoring, of course, the fact that she's sentenced both him and Michael to being tied to Sonny). 

• Love 8

So, according to Ron on his beloved Twitter account, it's cool that Patrick was playing with Danny because he "mentioned" taking Emma to school.

But am I the only one who thinks that's not the problem? The problem is the fact that he's never around his daughter, on-screen OR off-screen. He's spending the night in Sam's home while Emma is at sleepovers or at Mac and Felicia's or with Nik or with Liz or skipping school with Spencer.

And the fact that he took Danny to Mac's is something else. But Mac probs adopted Sam at this point in Ron's world, so...

I can see where the Emma storyline is going to go, that is if they ever write one.  Most of the time when she is at a sleepover, she calls Patrick to come get her because she's upset.  He always goes to get her but then we hear nothing about it later - no questions from Sam about how Emma is, no mention by Patrick how Emma is doing...

I think Emma will be the first serial killer on daytime Tv who's a child.   Maybe she'll choose Joss as her first victim.  Patrick won't notice until she's been missing for a few weeks, because he's that stupid.

• Love 2