Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My issue with Michael is he is all butt hurt over AJ being killed by Sonny, yet he killed him first when he smothered him as a kid. Sonny is a murderer yet he took a bat to Claudia and killed her! Michael can be gone anytime as far as I am concerned.  All bent out of shape over a man whose first thought when he was a kid was to ship him off to boarding school if he could have!

Does anyone ever die on this show and stay that way?

My issue with Michael is he is all butt hurt over AJ being killed by Sonny, yet he killed him first when he smothered him as a kid. Sonny is a murderer yet he took a bat to Claudia and killed her! Michael can be gone anytime as far as I am concerned.  All bent out of shape over a man whose first thought when he was a kid was to ship him off to boarding school if he could have!

Does anyone ever die on this show and stay that way?

First, I have to say, only on soaps can we utter the line "he killed him first."  

OK, that aside, what Michael did (before it was retconned away) was the act of a messed up kid. It was awful, absolutely, but he was a child who was emotionally screwed up thanks to the adults in his life.  Sonny is a grown man.  Sonny promised Michael he wouldn't touch AJ.  Michael is an adult now who has a more thorough understanding of all that went on in his childhood and the kind of crap Sonny (and Carly and Jason) pulled on AJ to keep him out of Michael's life.  With that understanding, he wanted a relationship with his father, and grew to love him.  I just don't see any comparison between what young Michael did and what Sonny did.  And I don't think that Michael's confusion and messed up emotional state from that time in his childhood means he isn't allowed to care about AJ now.  

• Love 15

Murder is Murder regardless of the age of the killer. Aj to use a Helena term was a feckless moron. He never really tried to get Michael back. If he put as much effort as he did into the pursuit of getting his son back as he did licking the inside of liquor bottles while feeling sorry for himself. Michael wasn't a child when he killed Claudia.  For me this is not about Sonny as much as it is about those Quartermaines and the lie that they ever really wanted Michael other than maybe Monica & Lila. The rest of the family he was nothing more than just a asset they wanted to acquire like all of their other business deals!

• Love 1

AJ.

I thought we were cool! Why are you breaking my heart man/woman/lady? Does anyone believe in dreams with me?

I gotta disagree though (not with Cobalt Stargazer ) that AJ never tried to get Micheal back. Getting Micheal back, getting Alan and Monica and Edward's approval/love/equal to or near Jason levels were his character traits along with alcoholic and later fat. AJ did things Sonny and Carly never did. He actually risked being put in prison with no fucks given to be with his mother, to see his kid to risk prison to face the consequences of his actions. AJ always put Michael first. Hell, he was cordial to Carly and Sonny. And he never killed Sonny. That's the largest mitigating factor. Had the situations been first, AJ wouldn't have done it. You had the kid's bio dad who faced being hung on a meathook, death threats, death, jail, threats to his sanity, and still he said he knew why Micheal called Sonny dad. That was why Micheal loved AJ. Because AJ saw his parents treat him and his brother like objects, so he treated Micheal like a person.

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 6
I'm not feeling Grayson McCouch at all.

McGrouch seems to be competent and not bad to look at (except for the stuff that is dripping off the top of his head). 

Yet another guy to come in and profess his intentions to rid PC of Sonny and we've seen this rodeo before.  I don't even want to know when the last time they hired an actor to play a DOCTOR.

JE and WK were excellent, very real and believable, except really Ned, would you really be fully dressed with the flu? He should have been in some cute jammies.

They were much more entertaining to watch for this viewer than watching middle-aged men waving guns and revelling in violence.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

If Sabrina is going to stick around I would like for her to shed her "good girl" princess image, accept Carlos for who he is and becomes a nurse for the mob.

I think that'd be a good way to go with her. Wash some of the sparkles off of her, and have her be caught up in stuff she doesn't really want to be into because of her feelings for Carlos. 

I was sensing a lot of chemistry in the Johnny, Carlos, Sabrina scenes, but I couldn't tell who it was between. Bizarre threesome chemistry of some sort???

• Love 5
Even if I think this bootleg recast (likely a temp, IMO; she's on recurring) will be very bizarre.

She's definitely on contract: don't know if it's only a 3 month contract or what, but she's on contract.

Aside from looking like the aforementioned bootleg middle school roadshow Abe Lincoln, he is, as you've all mentioned, yelling every line and it is awful. I like how Ron always has to make it extremely clear when someone is either cripplingly stupid or deeply corrupt. Look, Sloane won't go after Fluke!

Oh, is that the message they were sending lol? When Nathan insisted on going after Fluke instead of Sonny I was like "aw, Nathan's priorities are mixed up and he's trying to still go after the guy who beat up his boyfriend instead of the mobster"

I mean, it's possible Michael and Sabrina won't be horrible. ............................. I'll laugh a lot though if NuKiki and Chad have amazing chemistry. 

Another question I ask will there ultimately have been a point to this Jason brainwashing plot besides having had Jason put a bomb on the boat?

For me, BM has no neck and seems kinda bloated, so it's par for the course for Jason, however, we still probably got the better end of the actor switch between him and Steve Burton. At least NuJason wears different shirts.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I'm down for a weird, hot Sabrina/Johnny/Carlos mafia Big Love 3 way relationship. Can they flaunt that shit in Patrick's face after Sam dumps him for The Dragon? Bonus points if Carlos and Sabrina are speaking in Spanish and Johnny just smiles and winks at Patrick. Till Patrick realizes Robin has been kidnapped, one character needs to fuck with him at least once a month.

• Love 3

BM has no neck and seems kinda bloated

Billy has had some back problems over the last few years, and sometimes his physique suffers because of meds. But I'll still take him over SBu any day and twice on Sunday!

I mean, I guess I would too, but honestly, it makes no difference to me, considering the main people who interact/ed with Jason are Carly, Michael, Sam, and Sonny.

I kinda wish SBu's Jason and BC's Morgan interacted though. Comedy gold!  "Jason . . . I heard you used to read books to Michael about Africa. Do you think you could use those to help me how to learn to read too?"

• Love 6

Yet another guy to come in and profess his intentions to rid PC of Sonny and we've seen this rodeo before

And yet for some reason I think in a competent writers hands this story would be good. GM seems up to task and I'm not finding him cartoony yet. 

BTW, Sam and NuJason finally had some chemistry and spark these last few days in their bickering/working together scenes.

I liked those scenes too. Perhaps BM can help KeMo elevate her game, I thought JT could but I think Samtrick were a bit of a letdown when they finally  got together. He still belongs with Robin imo

• Love 1

I actually like Carly and even I think her "saving" Sonny was ridiculous. WTF is this.

"I was in a tunnel . . . heading for this warm white light. And I swear, AJ was there! And he looked FAT! So fat he was blocking the tunnel and I had to turn around."*

*Apologies to Rent the musical.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14

The EMTs walking away from Sonny's body was the best part of the episode.

I like to think that the EMTs knew Sonny was savable but they were like 'fuck it let's bounce anyway' because they don't give a shit about Sonny. I feel like my suspicions were confirmed when the one EMT came back after Carly's tears saved Sonny and he looked really annoyed about it.

I was surprised that they allow Michael to have some nuance there. He was not racing to embrace Sonny but there was some obvious discomfort and pain  -- actual conflicting feelings -- that were appropriate for the situation.

Is it possible that Ron is going to allow this rift to last a bit longer?

I was really surprised they let Michael have some nuance there. I kinda got excited for a minute thinking maybe just maybe Michael was not gonna let this deter him from his justifiable anger. But I doubt it.

JE and WK were excellent, very real and believable, except really Ned, would you really be fully dressed with the flu? He should have been in some cute jammies.

My dad just had the flu that was 'the worst thing that's ever happened to him' (he's quite dramatic) and he still got fully dressed everyday, so I didn't even bat an eye at that.

I was sensing a lot of chemistry in the Johnny, Carlos, Sabrina scenes, but I couldn't tell who it was between. Bizarre threesome chemistry of some sort???

Same. And I am into it.

• Love 3
Billy has had some back problems over the last few years, and sometimes his physique suffers because of meds. But I'll still take him over SBu any day and twice on Sunday!

Can't we shoot both Jasons and kick them into the harbor?

bootleg middle school roadshow Abe Lincoln

This? Is poetry.  Actually your entire rant was so dead on, jsbt

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

Woooow, Jane Digby, nice to see you here! (Even though you are being mean to some of my favorites ;)). I still fondly think of an old line of yours from way back on twop - "Tony Geary forgot to act sometime after Lent 2000 and never started again". I used to laugh at that during random moments for a long time. :)

Aww, thanks. :-)  

I will say this for Lulu, she's 10,000 times less entitled than we was before the recast. JB can act but lordy the dialogue and her style = nonstop smug. 

I came back to see Michael find out that Sonny shot AJ. It was everything I've dreamed of for 15+ years. Then the show gave me Sonny getting the crap kicked out of him in prison. At Christmas time, no less. Carly has been getting on my nerves for years but I can't quit her. (It's the Laura Wright, factor. I love her.) I want her to STFU, however, especially about anything Sonny-related. Sonny acting like the world's most worn out parent on the longest road trip during the great prison escape? Fabulous. Sonny saving the world by diving off a boat WITH A BOMB causes Tinker Bell to die. (I read that in Wikipedia so it must be true.) Sonny saved 10 people, tops. Some of them are worth having around, yes, but some of them are not so I'm not feeling a "totes ok that you killed AJ" on this. When he woke up or his heavenly father returned to his earthly body so he can save humanity once more or whatever is supposed to have happened did happen, I muttered a weary "oh shit" of acceptance. CarSon round 529, here we come.

NLG did look puffy yesterday and props to her for owning it. It's one of the reasons I love NLG. That and accepting that Alexis is just Julia Wainwright in Port Charles has allowed me to love Alexis again. That and, as with all soap characters, ignoring any history older than 18 months. Unless I really hate the character, then I'm pretty much the archivist of their every misstep.

he was feelin' him some feelings.

I'm liking the Franco/Nina scenes but you have an excellent point. The "don't abandon me" scenes spoke to my tear ducts. And then the script must have said something like "act like you're having an LSD trip. See the attached episodes of Ironside and the Mod Squad for tips." I went from feeling for Franco to feeling really bad for RH and for me. Because I was watching. 

Is there a way Tracy and Ava can hook up? Professionally, romantically, whatever. Have JE and MW shared any scenes?

I forgot to mention this earlier but when Sonny declared to Ava that he was saving her because Connie would want him to, I laughed. I'm pretty sure Connie would have preferred that you not bang Ava in the crypt of the man who you killed because you're a moron. 

• Love 5

I forgot to mention this earlier but when Sonny declared to Ava that he was saving her because Connie would want him to, I laughed. I'm pretty sure Connie would have preferred that you not bang Ava in the crypt of the man who you killed because you're a moron. 

Seriously.  I kinda would have loved if Ghost!Connie had shimmered into view and been all, "Are you kidding me, drop that bitch!".

As is, was Sonny attempting to save Ava supposed to erase or excuse the months he spent gleefully telling her he was going to murder her as soon as the baby was born?  Not so much, at least for me.

• Love 12
I will say this for Lulu, she's 10,000 times less entitled than we was before the recast. JB can act but lordy the dialogue and her style = nonstop smug.

I actually really liked JMB. :) Especially her first year on the show. Then per usual Guza decided to put people who were decent hits in with CarSason. Unless a character's name is Robin. Then you're forbidden to interact with them.

Is there a way Tracy and Ava can hook up? Professionally, romantically, whatever. Have JE and MW shared any scenes?

I don't think so, which you're right, is a shame.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I don't think so, which you're right, is a shame.

Actually they have shared scenes. Their main interactions came when Ava was "hiding" Kiki's stupid birth certificate while living in the Q mansion, when the SERIAL KILLER was running around as Jason's twin still.

It was Tracy in fact who eventually found and stole the document and had it published in the paper, exposing Kiki's true parentage to the world so that she could void any supposed stake Kiki had in the company as the daughter of Franco.

I recall this mainly because that was when Morgan in all his moronic glory basically hauled ass down to the court house so he and Kiki could get hitched before she got wind of the truth, that she and Michael weren't really related, blah blah nonsense.

I do think a lot of characters/actors on this show are "smug". But honestly I find it is an overapplied term, especially towards female characters/actresses. Liz, Carly, Lulu, Alexis, Robin all get that term thrown way more at them than some of the men who really deserve it do. And yes, I'm guilty of it sometimes too.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Good morning all!

Crazy busy right now fighting with snow and ice and working on a couple of projects, but I had to drop in to give a standing ovation to jsbt for that commentary on this week's General Hospital.

Incredibly well said -and entertaining as well.    

Edited by Aurora2

Seriously.  I kinda would have loved if Ghost!Connie had shimmered into view and been all, "Are you kidding me, drop that bitch!".

As is, was Sonny attempting to save Ava supposed to erase or excuse the months he spent gleefully telling her he was going to murder her as soon as the baby was born?  Not so much, at least for me.

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding*

This is the show where the Good Guys can *be* vengeful, but can't *act* vengeful.

• Love 3

They really are. Currently I'd say Patrick/JT is probably the biggest one. Maybe Johnny/BB.

Liz is smug as hell sometimes and it is the #1 reason why I normally hate Liz.

Nik is also usually covered in an aura of smugness and greasiness. He's been better lately though.

• Love 3

Sonny's such a huge* hypocrite, though, that I can totally believe he thinks Connie would want him to save Ava because that's what makes him feel good. Bringing her into it makes his intentions look noble (or something), so now she's just supposed to forget that time when he was going to Panic Room her.

*Not literally huge, obviously, because he is the midgety moobster.

• Love 4

They really are. Currently I'd say Patrick/JT is probably the biggest one. Maybe Johnny/BB.

Liz is smug as hell sometimes and it is the #1 reason why I normally hate Liz.

Nik is also usually covered in an aura of smugness and greasiness. He's been better lately though.

If I'm honest smugness usually doesn't bother me....except Patrick, okay and Johnny. Both are just a couple of douches. They are smug with no room to be and it just makes me want to punch them in the throat...okay maybe Luke...okay maybe really TG not Luke.

I don't find Lulu very smug at all and Liz's smugness is usually entertaining b/c she is usually right.

• Love 1
Ava was "hiding" Kiki's stupid birth certificate while living in the Q mansion,

Ah, yes, when Ava was just randomly carrying it around on her person at all times.  Good times.  I imagine when she getting ready to leave the house, she did the whole, "Do I have everything?  Keys. Phone. Wallet. Kiki's birth certificate?"

• Love 4

Ah, yes, when Ava was just randomly carrying it around on her person at all times.  Good times.  I imagine when she getting ready to leave the house, she did the whole, "Do I have everything?  Keys. Phone. Wallet. Kiki's birth certificate?"

And flask. Never forget the flask. 

I liked how she kept reminding herself that she could never afford for anyone to ever lay their eyes on the certificate and yet her best hiding place was underneath her pillow in an unlocked bedroom. Even then the stupid drove this show like nobody's business.

• Love 1

I actually really liked JMB. :) Especially her first year on the show. Then per usual Guza decided to put people who were decent hits in with CarSason. Unless a character's name is Robin. Then you're forbidden to interact with them.

Going on record as saying that I really liked JMB and, with very few exceptions, I still miss her acting and her overall interpretation of Lulu (or perhaps, more to the point, the writers' interpretation of Lulu when Julie was in the role).  For the most part, the current Lulu has had such "nice" and "safe" writing that she has become almost too sweet - the good wife, mother, friend, daughter, cousin, sister - and boring as can be.  

For me, watching this sanitized version makes it hard to compare levels of smugness and entitlement because, so far, this Lulu has done so little.  Indications are that we are going to see her become more involved and I hope so.  Even if that involvement ups her "smugness" and "entitlement" quotients, I just want to see her become less one-dimensional and more interesting.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 5

And don't forget to jump in after her !Thanks for the laughs. I do not have the stomach to actually watch any more. My DVR is free, and so are my afternoons. Love coming here to read I am right.

Previews...I'm probably the only one left who is somewhat happy to see her, but Dr. O's presence makes me verrry nervous.  I could totally see Helena blackmailing her with the Nathan paternity secret or calling in her marker re: getting Faison and Britt out of town and having Dr. O mess with what I assume are DNA test results being done on Fluke or the skeleton.

What's even more hilarious is that Michelle Stafford was giving that kiss her all

I meant to mention that, too. MSt was going at as if it was some major love scene, while RoHo was putting as little effort as possible into it. I almost felt sorry for MSt. Almost.

She's definitely on contract: don't know if it's only a 3 month contract or what, but she's on contract.

Here's hoping it's short-term contract so they can wrap up the Lauren story line once and for all, and we never have to hear about that albatross again.

Can't we shoot both Jasons and kick them into the harbor?

Ugh, I know. I'm not hating Billy Miller, but Jason has been such a drag on this show for so long that I don't want him no matter who's playing him. If AJ (*sob* RIP) were still on the show, there'd be a justification, but now? No reason whatsoever, except Ron has to have his "get."

I kinda think Connie might not be above a little eye for an eye, ya know? So Sonny's moral high ground was wrong all the way around.

• Love 3

Also, why wasn't Sonny even wet? That was the worst acted & dumbest scene I have ever seen in daytime. I mean I watched Sunset Beach & Passions and the acting on those shows was Shakespeare compared to that. Awful!!!

Swans Crossing was better than TFGH.

I'm rowing to the Barge, screw this dreck.

Also, fuck you Ron, for ruining the only soap opera I've watched consistently since 1976.

• Love 4

Let's not forget the owner of the Port Charles Smug Championship, decades running - Carly.  Her shit smells like roses, money, and a walk through an orange grove.  Just ask her.  

I bet he thinks she was also totally cool with him banging her cousin before her body was even cold.  I want a scene of GhostConnie just rattling off a list of shit he did that she wouldn't have wanted him to do followed by "but letting the bitch who killed me die is the one thing you decide I wouldn't want your worthless ass to do?  Now go get a haz-mat crew to clean Michael's old apartment, you greasy fuck!" 

• Love 7