Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

i've been waiting for the prison gang to break out in song in almost every scene myself.

Personally, I don't have an issue with Sonny and Julian teaming up on the "inside". It won't last, and both people need someone to express ideas to-otherwise they have to revert to the soap cliche of a character talking to themselves out loud.

• Love 5
In addition to that if my dad shot me in the chest, even by accident, I'd milk that shit. "dad, can you get me a sandwich? No? But remember that time you shot me in the chest?!"

Ha.  I think that might work with Lucas and Julien (he was about to sit through GG!) but not Sonny and Dante.

You're right, Lola. If Dante told Sonny to make him a sandwich because Sonny shot him in the chest, Sonny would probably reply, "you still harpin' on that? That was . . . 5 years ago! Make your own damn sandwich. Although you know, you know what? You keep eating those damn sandwiches, you're gonna be . . . . as FAT as, as,  . . . AJ, damn it!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

There's no reason for them to keep banging on the Patricia angle like this if it's just a red herring, unless Ron has become really desperate to try and deflect off Eckert for a few days longer. And that's not his style. I do not think there's anything seriously suggesting that Fluke is Patricia, but I do think Patricia is bundled into the reveal somehow. That's how I reach the conclusion that this is some sort of Chinatown/Prince of Tides shit, and that Bill is actually Luke's brother/nephew by Tim Spencer and Patricia. Rape and incest were a core throughline of OLTL (and I'm not even saying that negatively, because the ancient trauma the show's heroine had endured led to several of its best storylines across 40+ years), and one Ron frequently indulged in; it's not new to him. Why else has no one heard of or spoken to Patricia in years? That kind of nastiness would do it. Maybe Tim killed her.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

If Fluke really is a different person, please explain it to me as if I were Sonny, why has he allowed Luke to live all this time. It would have been better to shot him and kick his body into the harbor.

• Love 4

Whoever he is, I bet you he is going to kill himself. (Fluke). I know Geary's said he wouldn't mind it if Luke killed himself. This could be their way of giving him that too. No doubt he'll die in Luke's arms again too. With Geary singing. And Alderson as back-up. Remember this post y'all! 

• Love 9

If Fluke really is a different person, please explain it to me as if I were Sonny, why has he allowed Luke to live all this time. It would have been better to shot him and kick his body into the harbor.

If it's Eckert it's because he wants to torture him for lost time. Bill got shot in the back for Luke Spencer and lost his life and his family. Bill was a guy prone to a grudge.

And yeah, they can wank that (and it works, IMO) as connecting it to Sonny and the underworld. Bill dabbled in crime a lot; Frank Smith's men were the ones who took him out over Luke. Sonny, one of Frank's boys, then swanned in and became the new power in PC. In Eckert's mind you can easily say that translates to the men who took his life also took what could have been his power base.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

soapy jazzhands!

jsbt's explanation is prrrrrobably the right one though :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

There is so much talk about Fluke that if someone from the show does quick scan of these threads, they'll think they are on the right track. Buzz, whether good or bad, is counted as a positive. As long as people are talking about it, they'll keep it up.

Which means another year of the Fluke.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS

jsbt's explanation is prrrrrobably the right one though :)

Nah, I will be shocked if it's exactly that. It was a shot in the dark.

If they do some ass-pull and he is not Bill Eckert, though, which would have to be a rewrite, I will take it personally because like Ron my ego is exactly that huge.

• Love 6

Doing that, you run the risk of some supervillain or other recovering the only mostly-dead corpse and reanimating it for purposes of their own that may not jibe with yours.

• Love 3

I don't know what is keeping Chad Duell from being fully hot to me. It's like I see it but something tampering it. Maybe he needs to dye his hair darker or something.

I'm so over Helena though (although I did chuckle at her saying she didn't micromanage her minions). When she asked Nikolas what made him think she'd take lip from him if she didn't take it from Spencer I wanted him to reply, "because I'm fucking 40 years old?" and then pick her up and throw her in the lake.

For me, it's the Trump like features.  Small pursed lips and then the chest.

Someone needs to toss Helena like a javelin.  The only thing I can figure is that she's made out of some material that if you touch her, you melt, turn to salt, etc.  Otherwise, even Spencer could take her in a fight and she's almost always alone.

• Love 1

I'm not totally off the "it could be DID" bandwagon-but it seems less and less likely after yesterday's show. Who exactly would Johnny think he is? Unless it's not only DID-but the whole comedy with everyone back to life, and everyone at Pentonville has been nothing but Luke's delusions as well. So the conversation with Johnny never happened, because Johnny never left jail.

So, yeah. Not saying Luke may not be mentally ill-I think that Luke Spencer not being in complete control of his faculties is a given. But the Johnny scenes were pretty convincing that it is two separate people.

As far as WHY Fluke hasn't killed Luke-why does *any* villain not immediately off their adversary?

It's also possible that he's saving him for the Grand Finale. Whatever that might be.

There is so much talk about Fluke that if someone from the show does quick scan of these threads, they'll think they are on the right track. Buzz, whether good or bad, is counted as a positive. As long as people are talking about it, they'll keep it up.

Which means another year of the Fluke.

They'll probably do this with another character lol. We'll have FObrecht next year or something. I'll be surprised if Frank will rely on having so much story depend on Geary again after this past year.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I have zero idea why Nikolas is putting up with Helena. What is she doing? Blackmailing him financially? Please! Nikolas is not 18 anymore, that's not something she can do and even if she does have more control than Nik realizes (and Helena always does), he would not care. He's never been about that, he'd blow her up. It makes absolutely no sense and once again Nikolas is a complete idiot for story. Now that Britt is gone they've just made him stupid in a different way.

The real way to make this work with Helena having him over a barrel would have been: Not only does Helena have Uncle Stefan locked in the basement and will kill him if Nik acts up, but she's also, I dunno, brainwashed Spencer into becoming the kid from The Omen. If you're gonna go there with the Cassadines, go big!

They'll probably do this with another character lol. We'll have FObrecht next year or something.

I honestly thought having Kathleen Gati come on as a saner character might be a decent strategy for her long-term future at one point, but now I really don't need to ponder that. And it'll probably happen.

BTW, I love Sonny's whole look in prison. He looks like Kate Mulgrew on Orange is the New Black.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

The only way Sonny can be redeemed IMO is if AJ is not dead and Sonny learns about it and goes out of his way to bring him home because that is what he should do.  Not to win any points with Michael but because he knows he owes it to AJ to do it.

As long as AJ is dead and Sonny doesn't change in any way - there is no redemption.  Having him save someone else and having all be forgiven is white washing him.

Even if AJ isn't dead, Sonny still shot him with the intention of murdering him.  No redemption there.  If Sonny and AJ conspired to fake AJ's death to get Ava to admit to killing Connie, then maybe, the shooting can be redeemed. 

• Love 2

Or actually, we might get Fabrina, since they seemed determined never to let her go no matter how apathetic they are to her. Or Fiki. The possibilities are endless!

I love the Stefan in the basement idea. I was actually thinking today that Stefan is going to play somehow. If they can't manage to get SN back, maybe it'll be something like he set something up so that Helena actually has no control over the money and it comes into play the last minute.

Edited by ulkis
As far as WHY Fluke hasn't killed Luke-why does *any* villain not immediately off their adversary?

I think that's in the villain handbook - it's SOP (standard operating procedure) to announce all your plans and intentions loudly and longly before acting.  I remember that from watch Batman as a kid.  KPOW!

• Love 4

Or actually, we might get Fabrina, since they seemed determined never to let her go no matter how apathetic they are to her. Or Fiki. The possibilities are endless!

I love the Stefan in the basement idea. I was actually thinking today that Stefan is going to play somehow. If they can't manage to get SN back, maybe it'll be something like he set something up so that Helena actually has no control over the money and it comes into play the last minute.

Oh, sooner or later they're bringing him back. They have rarely stopped mentioning him since TC returned, and like the endless Nik/Liz thing they've obviously put it off for a variety of reasons (i.e., Stephen Nichols is too much of a SELFISH DIVA to want to be paid in government cheese). I'm sure when and if they make another deal with Genie Francis, there he may finally be to play Obligatory Romantic Spoiler for Luke. Next stop: Luke and Tracy have a food fight with Laura and Stefan at Spencer's ninth birthday party.

I still think they're running down the clock on Teresa Castillo til they can't be sued.

• Love 3

There's no reason for them to keep banging on the Patricia angle like this if it's just a red herring, unless Ron has become really desperate to try and deflect off Eckert for a few days longer. And that's not his style. I do not think there's anything seriously suggesting that Fluke is Patricia, but I do think Patricia is bundled into the reveal somehow. That's how I reach the conclusion that this is some sort of Chinatown/Prince of Tides shit, and that Bill is actually Luke's brother/nephew by Tim Spencer and Patricia. Rape and incest were a core throughline of OLTL (and I'm not even saying that negatively, because the ancient trauma the show's heroine had endured led to several of its best storylines across 40+ years), and one Ron frequently indulged in; it's not new to him. Why else has no one heard of or spoken to Patricia in years? That kind of nastiness would do it. Maybe Tim killed her.

This is like my old theory that they were going to make Stavros' Sam's dad.  Ron's love of rape and incest.  They one time I would be fine with it!  (Well, not fine,but accepting of it.)

• Love 3

This is like my old theory that they were going to make Stavros' Sam's dad.  Ron's love of rape and incest.  They one time I would be fine with it!  (Well, not fine,but accepting of it.)

I would be fine with both of those. In fairness, I have believed Stavros is the father of Alexis's daughter at least since they introduced the plot point, which pre-dates Ron by many years. I never bought it was anyone else; I still don't.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

I really hope Fluke isn't Anthony.... because months ago my aunt suggested it to me and I listed a list of reasons as to why it's far fetched. I guess it would serve me right for giving Ron that much credit, though.

My friend invited me to a late lunch after 2, I'm guessing I missed next to nothing today? Is it worth watching at all? Any Johnny sightings?

I have zero idea why Nikolas is putting up with Helena. What is she doing? Blackmailing him financially? Please! Nikolas is not 18 anymore, that's not something she can do and even if she does have more control than Nik realizes (and Helena always does), he would not care. He's never been about that, he'd blow her up. It makes absolutely no sense and once again Nikolas is a complete idiot for story. Now that Britt is gone they've just made him stupid in a different way.

The real way to make this work with Helena having him over a barrel would have been: Not only does Helena have Uncle Stefan locked in the basement and will kill him if Nik acts up, but she's also, I dunno, brainwashed Spencer into becoming the kid from The Omen. If you're gonna go there with the Cassadines, go big!

I actually think there is story possibility in Nikolas calling Helena's bluff and her bankrupting him.  Seeing him - and Spencer - having to deal with the loss of identity, financial security, etc. could be an interesting story.

• Love 4

It seems to me that writing a nanny killing herself at a Cassadine party "Spencer, look at me! I'm over here! I love you, Spencer! Look at me, Spencer! It's all for you!" would be right up Ron's alley. You can just imagine Helena off to the side, smiling to herself as it all plays out. Nik would and should be appropriately horrified. The Cassadines are so bizarrely Gothic... trapped part way between respectability (for some) and (for others) living in a past that has long since abandoned them. Helena is basically a character from Vampire: The Masquerade except that she appears to have absolutely no actual interest in maintaining said Masquerade... which means she's a full on Sabbat, probably Lasombra. Anyway... the point is that Helena lives in a world completely separate from the one Port Charles exists in, even as fucked up as it is. She is a woman who truly believes it is her right to call upon scores of virgins to be delivered to her door so she may kill them and bathe in their blood. She has no actual connection to the real world even in soap terms and the fact that she continues to carry on and hold sway over others pretty much convinces me that she is a vampire.

While Helena's generation fancied themselves to be akin to Transylvanian nobility which was passed on somewhat to Stavros, though he also seemed to align himself with some version of Dr. Doom, Stefan took a few steps away from that and fashioned himself more along the lines of a dark Gothic romantic hero. It suit him, really. He was along the lines of a Heathcliff or Mr, Rochester... darkly tragic. Romantic with a capital R in the sense that there was a Sword of Damocles over his head... a happy ending was never his fate but if he could only live grasping for it then he lived well...

And now there's Nikolas, who is rather a disappointment given the over-wrought schemes and desires of his predecessors. I mean, his romantic choices have been exceedingly common. Sure, Nik has tried to dress them up to fit some semblance of Cassadine flavor... fashioning Emily into a lost princess, stealing Elizabeth away from his half-brother, ... I have no idea how SWMNBN even fits into that mess... I'd like to think even an insane Cassadine would choose better than that... Even if an argument could be made for Britt, she's more a product of a strange match that comes out of a Robert Ludlum Cold War spy book than anything dark and Gothic and Romantic. Nik's just failing on that front... although, to be fair... there aren't any ladies in Port Charles who come close to being a foil for that Cassadine tradition.

There are no Bronte-esque heroines in Port Charles. There are no dark ladies in shadow searching for a way to claw their way up the ladder to claim a place for themselves come hell or high water. And no, Carly doesn't remotely fit that description. There aren't even any pristine heroines that could tempt a creature of the dark with her inate goodness and nobility, that would at least satisfy the dark Gothic craving that most Romantic Cassadines crave like the very air.

It's disappointing.

• Love 4

It seems to me that writing a nanny killing herself at a Cassadine party "Spencer, look at me! I'm over here! I love you, Spencer! Look at me, Spencer! It's all for you!" would be right up Ron's alley. You can just imagine Helena off to the side, smiling to herself as it all plays out. Nik would and should be appropriately horrified.

That would be a legitimately cool ripoff and I am all for it. Step right up, Rosalie/Kiki/Sabrina!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I don't know what is keeping Chad Duell from being fully hot to me. It's like I see it but something tampering it. Maybe he needs to dye his hair darker or something.

He looks like he's 12.

Sorry, I'm all for Helena making Nikolas miserable.  He's a hypocritical douche.

I love it! I wish she'd take his money and toss him and Spencer off the island. Let them live above the restaurant for a bit. 

• Love 2

And now there's Nikolas, who is rather a disappointment given the over-wrought schemes and desires of his predecessors. I mean, his romantic choices have been exceedingly common. Sure, Nik has tried to dress them up to fit some semblance of Cassadine flavor... fashioning Emily into a lost princess, stealing Elizabeth away from his half-brother, ... I have no idea how SWMNBN even fits into that mess... I'd like to think even an insane Cassadine would choose better than that... Even if an argument could be made for Britt, she's more a product of a strange match that comes out of a Robert Ludlum Cold War spy book than anything dark and Gothic and Romantic. Nik's just failing on that front... although, to be fair... there aren't any ladies in Port Charles who come close to being a foil for that Cassadine tradition.

taking my reply to the history thread.

I actually think there is story possibility in Nikolas calling Helena's bluff and her bankrupting him.  Seeing him - and Spencer - having to deal with the loss of identity, financial security, etc. could be an interesting story.

I think they tried it briefly in the Emily days. It didn't really work. Cassadines are no fun unless they're ueber rich. Spencer could definitely use a couple of days of lodging above Kelly's though.

• Love 1

I kinda like that Dr. O talks to and about characters like the idiots they are.

Even if she has a point sometimes about another person's failings, I just can't with her. I think she's a freakish POS who belongs in jail or a padded cell, and I don't think she has any right to insult anyone.

Besides which, she's been pathetically pining over Faison for forever, a complete whack job with terrible hair who's obsessed with another woman.

• Love 11

Are they really trying to make us think that Fluke is Pat?  Because, besides coming on to Kiki, wasn't Fluke having sex with Tracy?

I need explanations on how that happened, because high tech masks don't explain that.

• Love 1

I still think Fluke is Pat.  Geary is playing Fluke with an effeminate physical presence, that Fluke didn't have earlier on.  It could be any scenario, Luke protected Bobbi from his father but was unable to protect Patricia.  Today Fluke said it was a shame he hadn't been able to exorcize his demons.  And who knows what crazy reason they will come up with for it taking all this time for revenge, but it has happened in real life where people harbor resentments a lifetime and then act on them.

The reason I think it is Pat is because it would be such an outlandish twist, and that is why Carlivati would go that way.  I think.

Are they really trying to make us think that Fluke is Pat?  Because, besides coming on to Kiki, wasn't Fluke having sex with Tracy?

I need explanations on how that happened, because high tech masks don't explain that.

I think how this works is that Pat is a lesbian who changed her gender.  I know that sounds strange but it does happen.  So that would make sense.  And if Pat is a lesbian and was sexually abused by her father or by Luke, that could play into this as well.

• Love 1

And while I realize all that past stuff with shooting and forgiving did happen in the end how can Dante's past be held too much against him b/c from all I've see he DID arrest his own father, put him in prison and hasn't said boo to him. So regardless of past actions he has grown and changed enough to do the right thing even towards his own father so why would he cut Johnny any slacking knowing the threat he posses to Lulu's change for the better as a person. Not to mention he's a dirtbag that faked his way out of prison by tarnishing a fellow officer's reputation and made Anna look bad.

Thank you! I was waiting pages for someone to mention that Dante JUST put his father in prison with nary a regret. It's not like he's still trying to bond with the guy.

• Love 4

But again with the Fluke is Pat stuff, it doesn't fit Johnny knowing her and being close to her.

I actually find THAT to be the most unbelievable things, and biggest possible rewrites. I mean, unless they are going to say Pat was really Z's wife that "died", or a nanny that worked for them, how on earth would she and Johnny have ever interacted?

And again. This is Johnny we're talking about. He would have been teasing "Fluke" about the new "parts" he had to deal with, not just that he had a new face.

By the Johnny scenes alone, it makes no sense. And in fact, it being "Pat" would be the biggest rewrite of all, because we're supposed to believe she had a connection to Johnny all along and it was NEVER mentioned by him?

No. That angers me far more than any height difference issue.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

I think people are making the fact that Flupabill let Johnny touch his face bigger than it is. I don't think it means they've known each other for a long time. In any case, Fluke only let him touch for half a minute before he batted his hands away.

• Love 6

I don't even want to imagine what kind of scenarios Ron would dream up to explain the logistics of Patricia sexing Tracy up as Fluke.  Let us all be grateful that the censors would never allow him to get away with Fonduke-ing latex fake genitalia.  

I assume Pat came into contact with Johnny while he was in prison? I think I'm misunderstanding something. I don't get why Pat couldn't get into contact with Johnny same as Bill or anthony or whoever it could be.

Edited by ulkis

"Just leave this alone, Corinthos! God!" I died laughing at how WdV said that. He sounded so petulant.

Constance Towers looked spectacular today. She's obviously still wearing her own clothes and accessories, and I bet she does her own hair and makeup, too. 

Enough with the "Soldier Boy" nickname. UGH.

I assume Pat came into contact with Johnny while he was in prison?

Johnny's guys set it up.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Seems to me we are at a point where it doesn't make sense for fake Luke to be Bill, Pat, Anthony, or anyone else; there are pretty solid points against all of them.  So either they're going to throw some totally new baddie at us to explain the last year-plus story involving 6-10 characters, or they're going to totally retcon some of the things they told us just in the last few months to make one of the aforementioned people "fit".  Knowing this regime, it's a crap shoot as to which way they'll go. 

Which is exactly why they won't do it!

• Love 3

That I could get behind.

Helena should never show her décolletage.  Why didn't Nik grab her phone?  Spike her like a football?

Not that I like Spencer but why is Sam outing him to Dr. O?

So Fluke is visiting Luke while Bobbie and Michael are in the house?   Are we to believe it's soundproof?  No-one hears anyone else talking or walking?  Just a smashed jug?  Agreed that Bobbie looks good.

And why did Sonny wipe the blood on his own shirt versus one of the goons?

Carly's teeth look more jacked up from her left profile - I think when they shoot her from the right, it's not as apparent.  I don't like the brown undertones of her hair.

Enough with the "Soldier Boy" nickname. UGH.

I don't like these inferences (including Maxie and Lulu yesterday speculating that Jake(son) looks like a soldier) that Jason, a hitman who kills people for money, is a soldier in any way.

• Love 8

I am so tired of the same crap being repeated over and over again.  Today we have Sam questioning Dr O when she SHOULD be out checking Jake's alibi.  Good god, is it that hard to see if he was actually job hunting?  He gave her a damn list of where he went.    And now instead of Liz blindly defending Jake, we have Carly doing it...and she knows Jake even less than Liz does.  I get that Sam's evidence is flimsy, but NOBODY KNOWS WHO THIS GUY REALLY IS. 

And Carly, Sam was right about Franco.  She was right about Todd.  Maybe take a second to hear what she has to say before defending a dude you barely know.  Sam shouldn't even waste her breathe.

And I was over this Fluke shit the moment it began.

• Love 9

There's no reason for them to keep banging on this Patricia angle like this if it's just a red herring, unless Ron has become really desperate to try and deflect off Eckert for a few days longer. And that's not his style. I do not think there's anything seriously suggesting that Fluke is Patricia, but I do think Patricia is bundled into the reveal somehow. That's how I reach the conclusion that this is some sort of Chinatown/Prince of Tides shit, and that Bill is actually Luke's brother/nephew by Tim Spencer and Patricia. Rape and incest were a core throughline of OLTL (and I'm not even saying that negatively, because the ancient trauma the show's heroine had endured led to several of its best storylines across 40+ years), and one Ron frequently indulged in; it's not new to him. Why else has no one heard of or spoken to Patricia in years? That kind of nastiness would do it. Maybe Tim killed her.

To go along with 'Fluke is the real Luke' theory, I think Patricia ties in because there was an accident when she and Luke and Bobbie were kids that resulted in Patricia's death and Luke was, or at least felt like he was, at fault.  

I actually thought today would end with them cutting directly from a scene of Fluke & Luke in the basement to Michael opening the door and Fluke being alone holding the baseball bat.  

And I still think something very similar to that is going to happen soon and be at least the first part of the reveal.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4